dude you've got no fucking idea what you're talking about MGTOW

“Karl Marx was right” declares MGTOW Redditor who knows less about Marx than my cats do

Karl Marx? Never heard of the guy.

Men Going Their Own Way aren’t just ignorant about women; they’re pretty much ignorant on every subject that comes up. Consider this post by MGTOW Redditor lashlightning21, who tries to retroactively recruit none other than Karl Marx to the cause.

It’s going to be a bumpy ride.

Karl Marx was right to some extent. He said that eventually society will crumble to such an extent that only a revolution may be able to stop. The whole society goes in a loop. The oppressers and the oppressed cycle will continue forever.

I think you’re confusing Karl Marx and a ferris wheel.

First there was the slavery ended by civil war, then the industrial revolution exploitation which was balanced by world war and then comes the modern day with the IT revolution.

I’m not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your dialectical materialism, there, lashlightning21.

The only difference is is that the bourgeoisies/ oppressers are now the feminists and we men are the proletariat/oppressed. A big revolution is coming and this society is going to crumble with a new society being formed.

Er, what?

Let’s see how the war unfolds. It’s most likely going to be a massive reduction in population growth with the decreasing birth rate that the countries have to change laws to convince men to marry and have babies. Let’s see

Let’s not.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Dalillama
1 month ago

That may be the least coherent and most wrong take on Marxism I’ve ever seen, and I’ve read John Bircher tracts

Last edited 1 month ago by Dalillama
Alan Robertshaw
1 month ago

That’s the wrongest take on Marxism I’ve ever seen too; and I’ve read Das Kapital.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab

confusing Karl Marx and a ferris wheel

I want to know what other rides are available in the Karl Marx Theme Park (MarxLand?)!

SpecialFFrog
SpecialFFrog
1 month ago

You almost want to call on MGTOW to give up their illusions about their condition.

Ninja Socialist
Ninja Socialist
1 month ago

If this twit can figure out a ay to get men to have babies I’m here for it, not that I can see men having babies if it became possible.

Ninja Socialist
Ninja Socialist
1 month ago

Marx would tell them to go away already.

Chris Oakley
Chris Oakley
1 month ago

Don’t most MGTOWs actually tend to lean towards fascism?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
1 month ago

Women have disproportionately lost/had to quit their jobs during the pandemic because they’re the ones expected to take care of the kids while they’re doing zoom school, but sure, men are the oppressed proletariat.

Last edited 1 month ago by weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
Mog
Mog
1 month ago

The first class opposition that appears in history coincides with the development of the antagonism between man and woman in monogamous marriage, and the first class oppression coincides with that of the female sex by the male.
The Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State

It’s not like Engels wrote whole books about women’s oppression or anything. I guess co-founding Marxism doesn’t mean you’d understand it as well as lashlightening21.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
1 month ago

Seems like he skimmed the works of Groucho Marx and John Lennon while drunk, and just slammed words like proletariat in there for good measure.

But seriously… No, dude. No

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
1 month ago

Some 10 years ago (ie. in the ancient glory days of mammoth hunting) we had a regular troll here who was quite ranty and incoherent on the topics of men’s rights and feminism. Sometimes, he’d associate or conflate feminism with what he called “Marxist critical theory” like the phrase itself revealed something damning about feminism. Back then I hadn’t yet heard of “cultural Marxism” so it seemed really bizarre to me, like he’d just invented this super arbitrary style of red-baiting.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

The projection is strong in this one.

Maybe not the most insulting take on marxism, but it feel particulary strange because of how it seem to try to have something in common with actual marxism, but fail hilariously at it.

Full Metal Ox

@Ninja Socialist:

Trans men who still have inside plumbing have been doing it.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

@Battering Lamb : your comment remind me of a satirical pen & paper french RPG called Bitume, where there’s different gangs of post-apocalyptic cretins that have tried to piece together the history of the old world, with mixed result.

For example, they though that Groucho Marx was the wife of Staline and they invented capital letters. Still closer to real communism than theses clown I guess.

Alan Robertshaw
1 month ago

This is my favourite silly take on Marxism.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
1 month ago

@Ohlman: The Groucho Marx and John Lennon joke comes from the RPG Paranoia. If you have an interest in RPG’s I highly recommend looking it up. It is quite a trip, with the setting both being grim and hilarious.I thought of it because of the excellent image at the top of the article.

I never understood how people in the US consistently misunderstand Marx and socialism so thoroughly until someone mentioned that both the Republicans and Democrats benefit from not clarifying this. I mean, otherwise people might conclude that it sounds pretty good.

Fabe
Fabe

@Battering Lamb

I’m sorry fellow citizen but did you just say that our wonderful Alpha Complex that Fiend Computer has provided us with is grim and hilarious? That sound like treason to me

Otrame
Otrame

@ Battering Lamb

Sorry, you are mistaken. Understandably so.

The Groucho Marx/John Lennon thing comes from a Firesign Theater album How Can You Be in Two Places at Once When You’re Not Anywhere at All, published in 1969. The cover of the album had an All Hail Marx and Lennon on it with pictures of Groucho and John.

FST was a comedy group who did several similar crazy wonderful albums. You can find them on YouTube and I strongly recommend them. There will be many cultural references you won’t get, but also many you will get. They stand up remarkably well considering what a niche time they come from, and everything goes by so fast that you will hardly notice. Many people my age (71) can quote long passages of the most insane shit you ever heard.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

@Otrame : possibly the same joke can have been done twice ? Or possibly Paranoia reference your joke.

I do know of Paranoia BTW. It’s one of the pillar of RPG in my opinion, but I forgot that specific joke, to my shame. I will ask the Computer for forgivance. At least it forgiving my other clones, I mean.

North Sea Sparkly Dragon
North Sea Sparkly Dragon
1 month ago

My dogs fart more coherent understandings of Marxist theory than this dude.

Dalillama

@Ohlmann
It’s the second. Otrame is correct that the joke ultimately originated from the Firesign Theater (or at any rate that’s the oldest one I’ve ever found, and it can’t be much older than that cos it references Lennon). It’s been borrowed by all manner of performative weirdness types, including Paranoia, Discordians, Subgenii, etc.)

Numenaster
Numenaster
1 month ago

I shelved “Harpo Speaks” next to the exhibit book from John Lennon’s posthumous art show because of this same fondness for puns. I’ve only played Paranoia once and never seen an actual FST album, so I claim independent punvention.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
1 month ago

Trans men who still have inside plumbing have been doing it.

Trans men have far better things to do with their time than hanging around with miggies though (counting and naming the air molecules in a room is more popular than time with miggies, so I hear), so we can’t fault Lightning McQueen here for not thinking on that.

Prago
Prago

@Full Metal Ox
Exactly, thank you!
I don’t ever comment on anything but that comment was getting to me

Muscovy Duck
Muscovy Duck
1 month ago

This whole conversation just makes me think about this picture of Karl Marx as a cat that I saw once:
comment image

Apparently someone sells these on Etsy.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
1 month ago

@Otrame: Thanks for that clarification. Paranoia was where I encountered it. I’ll be sure to check Firesign Theatre out.
@Numenaste: I also played it but once. I got assigned the function of happiness officer. Loved every moment of it, with appropriate gusto.

Good to see fellow RPG-enthusiasts here. 🙂

Alan Robertshaw
1 month ago

Just as a bit of trivia, this is the pub where the Communist Party Manifesto was written. Marx and Engels used to do lectures upstairs. Back then, and indeed until quite recently, it was called the Red Lion. I had to do an essay once that featured a bit of Marxism; so I decided to do it at the pub to get inspired. But they had really nice beer; so that didn’t work quite as planned.

comment image

ETA: There’s probably some allegory can be made from this pic.

They apparently still have the plaque though.

comment image

Last edited 1 month ago by Alan Robertshaw
Ninja Socialist
Ninja Socialist
1 month ago

@Full Metal Ox: sorry, I should have specified cis men. Based on experience with the cis men in my life I can’t see any of them signing up for pregnancy and childbirth. Most of them practically needed a fainting couch for the sniffles.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
1 month ago

@Otrame: Yes! Another Firesign fan.

I saw them live in 1993. Still have the nose and pickle. We had been listening to them for years, of course. And still use some of the phrases. Very little freeway driving happens without someone in the car saying “Exit 1/2 mile… exit 1/4 mile… exit 1/18 mile”, and always when in LA, and always always when near The Antelope Freeway. And “In the Late Devouring Period, fish became obnoxious” gets trotted out when watching paleontology. “Read unhappy MAKNAM” when computers fail.

Younger people won’t get all the jokes, but “Oh, he’s no fun, he fell right over” comes in handy, and “Temporarily Humboldt County” is still a perfect takedown of Manifest Destiny and the way the Natives were treated. There are so many jokes that if you don’t get one, just wait, a pun will be along soon. Sherlock Holmes fans will like “The Giant Rat of Sumatra”; hard-boiled noir fans will prefer “Nick Danger, Third Eye”.

Seriously, their first 3 albums are perfection. Two of them were nominated for Hugos. The layering of both jokes and sound design are still unsurpassed.

Wiki points out: “Siri responds to the prompt “This is worker speaking. Hello” with “Hello Ah-Clem. What function can I perform for you? LOL”.

@Muscovy Duck: fabulous!

galanx
galanx
1 month ago

Meanwhile Rod Dreher from American Conservative is spending the summer hanging out in Hungary. Orbanz just recently shut down a state-of-the-art university because the founder, George Soros, was Jewish oops a filthy post-modern Marxist, and has instead invited a new university in, to be built and run by the absolutely non-Marxist government of China.
Rod, to his credit, is somewhat concerned about it, but he turns over his entire column to a government stooge explaining how wonderful this is. In the end, Roddy is satisfied that the Communist Party of China is not a Marxist threat- the real Marxist threat is from woke gay students in America banning Dr. Seuss

rv97
1 month ago

@galanx I don’t know why but I’d love to see this shit show unfold, when they may start to get at each other’s throats and hopefully put each other in a less influential position than before.

Nivea
Nivea
1 month ago

You always see this type of thinking from them. Especially the doomsday apocalypse daydreaming mgtows that fantasize about society collapsing and women chasing them afterwards. These mgtows want to be chased and want to be wanted so badly. They want women to need them just so they can say no and feel powerful to condemn all women. This guy wants women to be desperate to marry him and have kids but he also hates women, and hates thinking of women as human beings with rights to vote and say no to him. I’m glad these guys are being monitored for terrorism at least, or so Ive heard