bad science misogynatomy misogyny that whole area down there

I’m back from vaccine land and on an unrelated note here’s something weird about uteruses

Sorry to have vanished for a few days. I had my second COVID vaccine shot on Wednesday and it kind of messed me up for a couple of days. But in two weeks I will be INVINCIBLE. (I think that’s how these things work.)

I wish you all happy vaccinations of your own.

And now for something completely different: a screencap from some dude who has a rather unique take on uteruses and virginity.

Sorry, u any man who says they don't care about whether a girl has a flat stomach or not is lying. They absolutely care. And before any angry feminists try to attack me, don't even bother. Wanting a girl with a flat stomach doesn't make us bad or superficial. It's just evolution. It's not like we can help it. If a girl has that "bump" on her stomach, it's a dead giveaway that she has lost her virginity, and even if some guys nowadays try to deny it, a virgin female has always and always will be the ideal mate for a man. That little bump is their uterus showing, and it appears when a man ejaculates inside her vagina, because when the sperm enters her uterus, it will swell so much that it becomes visible through the skin. Take it from someone who's taken his fair share of virginities over the years, lol. Non-flat stomachs are only ever hot if you're the reason they aren't flat anymore. (Not including pregnancy, because pregnant bellies frankly look gross.)

Wow. I must have missed that day in sex ed. Or maybe a whole week.

H/T — @shaindelr via @TabbyLavalamp

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
3 months ago

Good to see you, David! I got my first shot this morning. So far no mutant or metahuman abilities, though I do have a craving for fried chicken.

I see we need to break out the human anatomy and physiology textbooks AGAIN.

Pyctsi Dust
Pyctsi Dust
3 months ago

That person should be kept far away from everyone. I hate to think what kind of gross comments he’d make about fat girls.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
3 months ago

Still not even 3% fully vaccinated here in Ontario. Still not even an appointment yet for my first shot.

I’m beginning to wonder if this will ever end, at least in Ontario …

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
3 months ago

David, VP, glad to hear you’ve gotten your shots! Surplus, I hope that comes through for you soon. None in sight for my age-range here yet, but hopefully soon.

That screencap of the guy’s comment about uteruses…ugh. Someone needs to interact with some real women… wait, no, never mind. Women don’t need that inflicted on us.

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie
3 months ago

Haven’t had my own vaccination yet, not quite up there on the priority list– well, what can you do? Anyhow, glad to see you back and feeling well. Say, I wonder what new piece of silliness ol’ Dave has to–

the fuck?

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
3 months ago

My first shot laid me flat for nearly a week, but the second was only a couple of days of suddenly needing naps. The side effects have included sore arm, chills, sleepiness, and Krispy Kremes. And I know that thing about 5G is untrue because my wifi has been worse.

@Robert: that’s more eloquent than I managed about this… “thought”.

Fabe
Fabe
3 months ago

I’m getting my 1st shot on Monday. The sooner this all ends the better.

Last edited 3 months ago by Fabe
Sharl
Sharl
3 months ago

Uteri are certainly *weird* (I’m pretty sure mine is both sentient and evil… getting the second COVID-19 shot while enacting the Monthly Blood Sacrifice is *such fun* /s) but I’m entirely certain nobody’s swimmers are mighty enough to permanently change one on a physiological level 🙄

Bakunin
Bakunin
3 months ago

Someone has read too much hentai

happy cat
happy cat
3 months ago

Some time ago, I got a giant ovarian cyst. It was so big that I looked 3 ou 4 months pregnant. Ironically, I was asexual and a virgin. That guy is really stupid.

Miri
Miri

@happy cat

Hey fellow ace!

happy cat
happy cat

@Miri

Hello Miri!

Miri
Miri
3 months ago

Also, I saw this comment on one of the discord servers I’m in. This was how I reacted.

Me: the virgin-est virgin who ever virgin-ed
This guy: you have a belly bump which means you’ve had sex

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria
3 months ago

I think we’re still vaccinating risk groups, or maybe that was last time I checked?

Regarding this uterus thing, this reminds me of a screed I once read about how women with CAIS are tricking men by appearing alluring due to their flat stomachs, which result from not having a uterus. I’d wonder if it was the same person, but I seen to remember that one being a woman.

I’m also wondering if Svar knows that there are other things inside women’s tummies than just a uterus. People have muscles and fat and you know, intestines.

A few years back I had some stomach trouble and lost some weight. I was pretty freaked out to I realize that when I lay on my back, I could see a bump where there had previously been none. In a few minutes, it was gone, then came back again. A doctor told me there was probably some reason why gas or something was getting stuck right there and that I shouldn’t worry about some alien worm being about to burst out, but I think I had a hard time believing her. Despite that, I’m still pretty sure I’m not the only one that’s happened to.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Robert Haynie

Technically I could’ve gotten vaccinated in January, since I work in healthcare, but I work remotely and have no patient contact at ALL, so every time I thought about checking for vaccine availability, I started feeling guilty that I’d be taking a vaccine away from a frontline cousin. (And then I had to deal with the supply/demand problem – not enough vaccines in my county.) I saw my family doctor last week and confessed this to him, and he pointed out that I’m still ALLOWED to get vaccinated, so go get the shot, okay? Luckily I was able to find an appointment yesterday morning … only one time slot, so no shot for Mr. Parasol, but he told me, “We agreed – if there’s only one available, you go first” because of my past medical history.

Still no superpowers here, though I did have a vivid dream last night about fighting off a cartoonishly grotesque devil who sang a very annoying song about humanity’s stupidity. Thanks to dream logic, I won by shoving an enormous knitting needle down his throat (which did not stop his singing) and throwing him into an oven. I’m sure the manosphere could make something out of that, and my knitting buddies would gasp and wonder if I’d used one of my Interchangeables.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
3 months ago

No shots yet – we’re in the fortunate position of not being at all inconvenienced by isolating and taking care (it’s rather pleasant to have a break from being considered on call 24/7 to watch the grandkids!), so I’m waiting a bit, especially since my hitchhiker’s gone into remission and the time stress of getting it cut out has been reduced.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
3 months ago

This guy likes his bellies the same way he likes his earth. Flat.

when the sperm enters her uterus, it will swell so much that it shows through the skin

Cool, just like one of those sponge dinosaurs that expands when it gets wet!

someone who’s taken his fair share of virginities over the years, lol

“lol” is the operative word here.

I also got my second shot on Wednesday. Thursday I had a low-grade fever and felt blah and hung over, but it dissipated by midnight. Still waiting for the 5G chip to activa1011000111111010001010010111101001101

Last edited 3 months ago by Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Otrame
Otrame
3 months ago

Speaking of virgins, I’d bet folding money that that guy is still a virgin himself.

ObSidJag
ObSidJag

@Buttercup:
“This guy likes his bellies the same way he likes his earth.”
Or his head.

Last edited 3 months ago by ObSidJag
.45
.45

@Otrame

I hate it when people say things like that. It’s kind of a “Hahah, I bet their life sucks” kind of thing and then you end up finding out they have had more action than anyone in a twenty mile radius. Life ain’t fair and all. ;D

Viscaria
Viscaria
3 months ago

I’ve heard around that the second doses of the mRNA shots tend to be pretty rough. Glad you’re feeling better. Happy for you and for everyone else who has been able to get partially or fully vaccinated :).

So many cis men love fantasizing about the destructive power of their penises. They’re body parts, not cursed sceptres.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
3 months ago

I’ve got my appointments for next month. 1st shot on the 1st and 2 shot on the 22nd – which is also my birthday. So I’m getting my wish of being vaxxed on my bday!

The flat belly comment reminds me of my favorite ever online interaction with an evo psych bro. He was claiming that men are hard wired to find slender women the most attractive because that’s a signal of youth and fertility and his evidence was that mass media promotes thinness as beauty. I pointed out that if you look at art throughout different times and cultures, there’s a pretty big variety of female body types presented as attractive.

He said those don’t count because mass media didn’t exist yet and therefore artists didn’t realize that they were only supposed to be attracted to thin women. Because the creators of mass media have the scientific knowledge to understand that thinness is the ideal.

So evolution makes men attracted to thin women only, but we need mass media to tell men to be attracted to thin women. Because…? I don’t know, he didn’t answer me on that one.

Science!

Viscaria
Viscaria
3 months ago

Big “women and men are naturally different, which is why we must rigidly teach and enforce gender roles from childhood and punish those who dare step a foot outside them” energy.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate
3 months ago

If this guy ever took an anatomy class and received any higher than a D grade, that was an injustice.

Numenaster
Numenaster
3 months ago

I had my first Moderna shot a week ago, looking forward to my followup in 3 more weeks.

I work for 211 Info in my state (Oregon), and our info is that severe vaccine reactions are a one-per-customer deal. No guarantees you’ll get one, no prediction about which shot it will come from, just that you will almost certainly not react severely TWICE.

Now my first shot only made me achey and sleepy for a day. So my second one could be awful. I’m still looking forward to it.

Regarding the OP, I got nothing. As usual, MRA stupidity leaves me at a loss for words.

Sheila Crosby
Sheila Crosby
3 months ago

A teaspoon of sperm makes a noticeable bulge? I don’t think so.

Still no vaccine for me here in Spain, but I’m on an island with 1 active case per 10,000 inhabitants, so I’m not too worried. Theyve done care home staff and patients, general healthcase worksers, other front line workers and over 70s. They’re supposed to be doing general population 65 years and up but the phone line is saturated and my husband can’t get through for an appointment. I’ll be in the next group. I’d really like at least one shot before I have to go to Tenerife in July,

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org
3 months ago

This sort of thing seems much more rare with male than female anatomy. I wonder why

Robert
Robert
3 months ago

I’ve said it before, but it applies here.

I know more about the female reproductive system than this, and I haven’t been near one since the Kennedy administration.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
3 months ago

And just like that, I might be getting jab 1 next Friday.

SpecialFFrog
SpecialFFrog
3 months ago

I managed to show up at the wrong Shoppers Drug Mart but the right hockey arena to get my first dose.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab

Surplus, I’m so glad for you!! Stay safe. 😄

numerobis
numerobis
3 months ago

Surplus to Requirements: congrats on getting an appointment!

Although Canada has fully vaccinated very few people, the reason is that the country has quite on purpose prioritized getting first doses to partially protecting twice as many people rather than fully protecting half as many people. We’ve got quite a decent lot of doses out, no slouch by any standard.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss
3 months ago

Congratulations, Surplus! That is good.

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
3 months ago

This uterus thing is idiotic.
I signed up for a vaccine cancellation waitlist at an area pharmacy on Monday, March 8 and was able to take someone’s cancelled appointment and get my first dose of Moderna that Wednesday, March 10, and I got my second dose on April 7. I had a week of arm soreness both times, and the day after my second dose I had an elevated temperature and stayed home from work. Oddly enough, the elevated temperature came without any other widespread immune effects-no unusual fatigue, no flu-like symptoms, no headaches beyond the ones my sinuses give me on a regular basis, no general crappy feeling.

Kevin
Kevin
3 months ago

1st Pfizer dose 25 Feb, nothing worse than a sore arm, Kevinsson, more older type vaccine, Covid symptoms again for 24 hours.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@ Sheila Crosby

A teaspoon of sperm makes a noticeable bulge? I don’t think so.

It’s like feeding ducks with bread, they say don’t do it because the ducks eat until full on dry bread and then it swells in the stomach.

Having sex with women expands the sperm like chia seeds in utero, but on crack. It’s a little-known, severely understudied survival mechanism of some exceptional sperms, like deploying an inflatable jacket to help them get into the Fallopian tubes more easily. It’s also why the number one thing women always say after sex with men with this recessive trait is, “Oh, damn, the cramping! It’s worse than my worst period! Let’s never have sex again.”

This is also an indistinguishable side effect of having with an MRA as well.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga
3 months ago

So, if this guy’s stupidity were actually correct, couldn’t you “avoid the bump” by using a condom?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
3 months ago

Congrats, Surplus! Hope it goes smoothly. I also hope everyone else who wants a vaccine can find an appointment soon.

Re: tummy bumps, how does he explain their existence in children?

If it’s “just evolution” to want flat bellies and think pregnant bellies look gross, how does that work, exactly, as far as perpetuating the species?

Will these guys ever stop trying to turn their personal preference for young teenaged girls into some grand evolutionary theory that absolves them of responsibility?

@Viscaria

Oh, I know! Somehow their penises are so powerful that they not only alter women forever, they can alter other penises that come into contact with these women. Sex to them is an extravagantly wasteful act, like shark finning or throwing away the whole jar of peanut butter once the smooth surface has been forever marred by a knife.

(Speaking of bad biology, has anyone seen that rumor going around Facebook that coming into contact with vaccinated people causes miscarriage? I literally spent my 15 minute vax waiting period arguing with idiots who were pushing this harmful misconception. They were unable to explain the mechanism behind it, or produce any studies. It was all anecdotal information, neighbor’s cousin’s sister-in-laws who mysteriously lost their baby after being around someone that got the shot 4 weeks ago, “which is just as good as science!”)

@Sheila Crosby

A teaspoon of sperm makes a noticeable bulge?

I’m trying (and failing) to sing this in the voice of Mary Poppins.

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch
3 months ago

I got my second vaccine on Friday and apparently it’s the worst for people of child baring age.

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch

@Buttercup

Doctor’s can’t even determine what causes miscarriage’s in most cases. Pregnant people unfortunately have a lot of them. They don’t even know what effect the vaccine has on pregnant people at all, let alone simply just coming into contact with a vaccinated person. That is so stupid.

Hambeast
Hambeast
3 months ago

I’ll be getting my second jab of Pfizer a week from today which means I’ll be fully vaxxed and protected by my birthday. First one made me sleepy and sore in the arm the day of and after, but I was pretty much fine the next day although the arm soreness lingered for a couple of days. Same for Husbeast’s first shot.

For fellow Mammothers in the US looking to get a shot through local drugstore chains, we were told by several friends that they open up their new appointments after midnight and to try scheduling (online) then. It worked; Husbeast got us both appointments for both of our shots the first try. We had to travel a bit for mine (nearly 30 mins. from home, his are a bit closer) but we’re getting it done.

We passed on the advice to some other friends and they, too, got appointments right away. These were through both Walgreen’s (ours) and CVS (theirs).

Good Luck, everyone!

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
3 months ago

@Elaine – Miscarriage is very common, unfortunately. 10-15% of pregnancies end in miscarriage, often before the woman even realizes she’s pregnant. There’s no rhyme or reason to it. I had two before having my twins.

It’s a very short journey from “being in contact with a vaccinated person causes miscarriage” to accusing people of witchcraft. I’m starting to doubt people who claim humanity is evolving at all.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera
3 months ago

I’m trying (and failing) to sing this in the voice of Mary Poppins.

“A teaspoon of semen makes the abdomen get round, the abdomen get roooouund, abdomen get round.”

tim gueguen
3 months ago

You can add me to the jab number one list as well. Pfizer vaccine. Got mine Saturday, so far no effects other than brief periods of sore arm Saturday evening and yesterday. So far 359,819 first does have been delivered in Saskatchewan.

Vic
Vic
3 months ago

I was lucky enough to get mine (Pfizer) about two months ago. At the time, distribution centers were instructed conflictingly to both not waste vaccine doses and also not vaccinate anyone out of turn, which led to informal solutions like people working at vaccine centers calling everyone they knew in the event that [x] doses were going to be wasted that day, “so hurry up here in the next two hours…” First shot was no problem, the second one left me feeling under the weather for half a day.

It’s weird now, but totally expected, to see the inversion of demand and supply now. Back then the vaccinators were worried about having enough to go around, and now they’re having some trouble filling all of the appointment slots for the day. Georgia, while nominally blue, is still quite red, and we’re about to hit the saturation point of everyone but deniers getting their shots.

epitome of incomrepehensibility

Good news about your vaccination!! I don’t think I’ll get one until June.

I’m not currently on great terms with my uterus. It woke me up with sharp cramps at 6 AM as if to say, “Look, I know you don’t usually suffer much from PMS, so why not right now when you’re already behind on sleep?” And then it stole my wallet and ran away.

Okay, not that last part. But it still makes more sense than the Bad Anatomy weirdness above.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
3 months ago

I signed up for 3-4 vax lists and they’re texting and emailing me like mad now that I don’t need one. No way to unsign, though. Of course, I live in a very blue part of a blue state, so there are fewer RWNJ to refuse.