homophobia misogyny PUA red pill

Red Pill dude worries: Will going to a mostly female college turn me into a girl?

Checking out the new guy

Today we return to the Ask The Red Pill subreddit, in which wannable Red Pill alphas turn to their more experienced brothers for assistance in the art of alphahood.

One fellow I recently ran across there wasn’t entirely sure that he’d picked the right college to go to. “Is going to a college with 80% females bad?” asked Pteronight.

I’m 18 and applied to some college that was around the area that I’m about to move to. It was the only one with good reviews so I applied.

Huh. Is this the way the youngsters pick a college these days?

I looked up the school on Instagram and seen that it was all females. I looked that the gender ratio was. It was 80% females and 20% men.

This sounds like the premise of some forgotten 80s sex comedy. Not that Pteronight is amused.

I feel like half of the men are probably gay.

Well, that would give you even more variety in your dating life.

But that’s not what poor Pteronight is thinking:

I’m worried that I’ll get there and start acting more feminine since I’ll be around females all day (hang around shit you’ll start to smell like shit).

Dude, dude, dude. That shit stink isn’t coming from them.

In any case, that’s not how it works. That’s not how any of this works.

Should I apply to another college or is this a good thing

Better idea. Forget college. Find yourself an isolated area. Dig yourself a man-sized hole there, and just go live in it for a while. You know, like the Unabomber’s brother.

Hope that helps!

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie
16 days ago

… well, fools are noted for this date.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
16 days ago

(hang around shit you’ll start to smell like shit).

I think this more apt to describe someone who hangs around the manosphere

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
16 days ago

More from OP:

Do you think it’s better to live in a dorm or at home w your parents. Cuz like Shi im tryna save money but I’m also tryna clap cheeks and have a rotation

Of course you’re tryna have a rotation. Should be very easy for a charming guy like you. There’s no way they’d see your hatred of women.

Also, there is absolutely no way — should two or more of them have sex with you (hahahahahahahaha) — they would find out about the others in your rotation and show up at the same time and place as you and loudly shame you, thus ending your career as a ladies’ man and sending you scurrying back home to Mom and Dad, where you sit and think a lot about the terrible, awful, disgusting choices you’ve made and the pathetic, deceitful life you’ve led.

Okay, yeah, I admit that part about you thinking really is close to impossible.

Last edited 16 days ago by Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Full Metal Ox
16 days ago

So if attending a college with a predominantly female student body turns you into a girl, would going somewhere like Vassar or Bryn Mawr automatically transition trans women?

Anon Get-it-On
Anon Get-it-On
16 days ago

Hi David,

I know you have written about these WN schmucks before…

They sound like criminals, very nasty people indeed.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
16 days ago

TBH that look like a significantly easier way to transition than the normal one.

MV96
MV96
16 days ago

@Full Metal Ox @Ohlmann

They are always terrified of scenarios that are actually nicer than reality itself! XD

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

@ full metal ox

Bryn Mawr

That’s such a cool name for a college. It makes me imagine that for the final exam you have to have a duel with claymores, then compose a saga about it.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
15 days ago

“I’m tryna clap cheeks and have a rotation but worried that being vastly outnumbered by girls is going to get in the way of my plans.”

I hope he isn’t planning to major in math.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
15 days ago

I have also heard that attending UC Santa Cruz slowly turns you into a banana slug?

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
15 days ago

Evidently this dude has never heard the song “Surf City,” in which a mere 2:1 female-to-male ratio is cause for excitement and rejoicing. (If true, this would also seem to imply that surfing was even more popular among women than it was among men at the time?)

rusalka
rusalka
15 days ago

Ok, so I’m not from the US but shouldn’t the major you want be more relevant to which college you choose? I would only ever look at reviews if I’d go to a small private academy or something for some special training…

Also @ Kat: I’ve seen the argument that these a**holes would never get to sleep with anyone anyhow because they’re waving a million red flags around and while I generally wanna agree, I also fear that there are more than enough women – especially when they’re young, inexperienced, socially awkward and away from their home for the first time – who’ll end up falling for their shitty act. Women are brought up to excuse shitty behaviour and play nice after all and these particular guys spend their free time discussing how to take advantage of that. I’d rather believe differently but I fear that a couple of guys will make bad experiences with this guy 🙁

Oh and… when I read David’s text I wondered for a moment why a Red Piller like this guy isn’t happy about a “full table”. The I read the comments about “clapping cheeks and having a rotation” and yeah… why am I never surprised by this shit…

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
15 days ago

… I generally wanna agree, I also fear that there are more than enough women – … – who’ll end up falling for their shitty act.

Word. It’s college. They want to get laid, and they’re going to ignore red flags like a colourblind mule to that end.

The blokes are just as bad.

Alan Robertshaw

@ moon custafer

As someone who lives in a place where surfing is considered a legitimate university degree*, I can attest that it it may well have been.

comment image

(* Seriously. https://www.cornwall.ac.uk/courses/fdsc-surf-science-technology/ )

Last edited 15 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Full Metal Ox

@Alan Robertshaw:

Literary Fun Fact: In the world of Scott Lynch’s Gentleman Bastard series, the sea god is understood to favor women—with the result that an actual majority of sailors are women (four of seven pirate captains who convene for a parlay are female, including one I’m pretty sure is supposed to be Lesbian! Pirate! Jacques Cousteau), and it’s considered catastrophic bad luck to put to sea without at least one woman on board. (Should that be absolutely unfeasible, at least bring a cat—the sea god likes cats, too.)

This may also have something to do with the custom that contrarequina, the gladiatorial sport of sharkfighting, is practiced exclusively by women.

Last edited 15 days ago by Full Metal Ox
Bakunin
Bakunin

@Ohlmann
I think college might be more expensive than medically transitioning at this point

Dalillama

@Bakunin
Much easier to get financing for, though.

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch

@rusalka

That happened to me my freshman year of college but it wasn’t a guy doing it. It was a lesbian I had asked out and it was going okay until I started noticing some red flags. Then one night after there has been some kissing that suggested an escalation I stopped her to talk about triggers I had because I had been trying to move past my sexual assault. She didn’t know I was bi and had a problem with it as it turned out. She really didn’t like that there had been a penis inside me at a point and then started acting like I disgusted her.

…..yeah that hurt.

Sheila Crosby
Sheila Crosby

@Anon
Any chance you could translate that to English?
What is GAWI? WN?
The little I saw of the rest of the blog makes me want a shower.

Alan Robertshaw

@ full metal ox

the gladiatorial sport of sharkfighting, is practiced exclusively by women.

Ah, that’s nice that they’ve replaced the poor sharks. I guess it’s like drag hunting?

Full Metal Ox

@Alan Robertshaw:

the gladiatorial sport of sharkfighting, is practiced exclusively by women.

Of course an animal rights supporter would catch the “Aren’t you forgetting somebody?” element in that statement; my apologies. (For their part, the sharks get fed humans who’ve crossed the local mob bosses, so there’s that.)

And here’s a mutually consensual hunt from Wonder Woman #3 (1943). (Since the images show up even with the security s: Warning for a parade of Marston’s kinks—of which he had a crapton. Amazons cosplaying deer are hunted by their fellows and brought back to camp to be “skinned”, “cooked”, and “served”, although nobody actually gets eaten):

comment image

comment image

@Elaine the Witch:

…..yeah that hurt.

Why, hello, Purity Culture and (M/F) Slut-Shaming! I’d like you to meet Biphobia and TERFism! I’m sure you’ll all hit it off like wildfire!

Last edited 15 days ago by Full Metal Ox
Alan Robertshaw

@ full metal ox

the sharks get fed humans who’ve crossed the local mob bosses

Heh, I can imagine the scene now. The mob are having a sit-down in some warehouse on a pier down the docks. The sharks swim under the pier; and one of them yells “He’s wearing a wire!!!”

As for the Wonder Woman thing. Er… There’s a lot to unpack there!

That is how drag hunting is supposed to work though. Someone runs laying a scent trail.

Sometimes though the trail accidentally crosses a real fox’s scent trail and then the hounds and horses end up chasing after the real fox. That only happens occasionally though about 100% of the time.

Last edited 15 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Dalillama

@Alan
I never have understood why they won’t just ride a damn steeplechase. They can even have a pack of dogs running about and barking their heads off, dogs like that sort of thing.

Full Metal Ox

@Sheila Crosby:

Any chance you could translate that to English?
What is GAWI? WN?
The little I saw of the rest of the blog makes me want a shower.

GAWI=Getting Away With It.

WN=White Nationalism.

Linking to a blog full of bigotry and graphic dick pics without an express content warning=pretty damn inconsiderate.

gijoel
gijoel
15 days ago

I looked that the gender ratio was. It was 80% females and 20% men.

Woo-Hoo, you’ve got the dating market cornered.

And now you’ve lost it.

Seriously why would any woman, or man, want to be in a relationship with someone whose masculinity was so fragile.

Dalillama

@Alan

Really it just means “A big hill”.

gijoel
gijoel
15 days ago

So I saw this, this morning

There are calls to declare MRAs a terrorist groups

Last edited 15 days ago by gijoel
Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
15 days ago

@ gijoel, that’s a great article. I feel like it’s very much what WHTM had been saying for years; I’m glad to see these ideas being shared.

Like the author, I also feel like I’ve been seeing more casually sexist attitudes among young men (and among young women who have internalized it). I’m not at all wanting to say that all “young people”, however defined (under 30? under 20?) are sexist…more that I’m shocked to see attitudes that seem so, well, old-style essentialist, being expressed by teenagers. My daughter (teenager) hears a lot of “boys are essentially xyz, girls are essentially abc“, with no nuance or room for individuality.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
15 days ago

One of my high school teachers went to a college with this ratio.

ON PURPOSE! as he used to say with a big grin.

He remained relentlessly heterosexual, settling down with a lovely wife whom he met there. Eventually. After he’d dated many a girl (it was the groovy late 60s). He was a dab hand with hammer and paint, too.

But of course he wasn’t an asshole to begin with.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
15 days ago

And the college had a strong program in what he wanted to major in. So did some of the other local schools, but for a red-blooded American boy in the 60’s, a school full of hot chicks seemed like a swell idea.

Alan Robertshaw

@ dali

Really it just means “A big hill”.

Ah, that’s interesting, because in Cornish that could be bronn meur.

Although bre(a) is more common for hill.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
15 days ago

I clicked some of the links in the article gijoel posted and came across this quote:

The current debate revolves around whether mass murder can be called terrorism if it’s motivated by an ideological hatred of women as opposed to, say, an ideological hatred of a cultural or religious group.

I think that’s a huge part of the problem: so many people don’t see women as a group that experiences ideologically-motivated hatred. And it’s true of course that it looks different for different women as sexism intersects with race, class, etc…

But how is this even “a debate”?! How is it even possible to wonder whether this counts as terrorism? I am so tired of having my humanity debated due to my gender.

Thank God for WHTM. I’m so glad I can rant here and the folks here get it.

Ok, rant done. Time for snacks.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
15 days ago

There is so much gender-related violence in the world that goes unrecognized in favor of recognizing the violence that men face. A man facing religious violence, for instance, can petition for asylum in the US, but a woman facing gender-related violence cannot, unless she can spin it as some kind of religious persecution, which usually doesn’t work. As is typical, “man” is the default and “woman” is the deviation and the other.

Ann Hatzakis
Ann Hatzakis
15 days ago

As if acting more feminine was a problem somehow. Men who are in touch with the FULL range of their emotions are much more of a “catch” than a man who stuffs his emotions down in favor of making money and being a “player”

Most men who hang around the manosphere just can’t grasp that VERY SIMPLE concept

Dalillama

@Alan

Ah, that’s interesting, because in Cornish that could be bronn meur.

Welsh and Cornish are about as far apart as Spanish and Portuguese, so that’s hardly surprising.

Full Metal Ox

@Bookworm in hijab:

In this model, men and women are diametrically opposite species from different planets, with no capacity to comprehend one another—and yet are expected to enter into relationships with one another to obtain Magical Validating Pussy and emotional support on one side and material support and protection on the other.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab

PoM,

As is typical, “man” is the default and “woman” is the deviation and the other.

^THIS^.

Nicholas Kiddle
Nicholas Kiddle
15 days ago

I’m old enough to remember when blokes thought an unbalanced gender ratio was a dating opportunity. My sixth form boyfriend got a university guide with all kinds of facts and figures and picked out the obscure uni with the most women per man and said he’d apply there. Then he found the one with the most men per woman and recommended it to me. Even at 17, I could only roll my eyes.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Full Metal Ox

Anon Get It On has done that before iirc, or it might have been a similar name (sock puppet?) with the weird links out of nowhere claiming to be helpful tips. I never click them because they always have sus domain names and messages to go with, so I auto-assume they must be something awful. Thanks for confirming though, it quiets the little “well it might have been legit” voice.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
15 days ago

As for the Wonder Woman thing. Er… There’s a lot to unpack there!

Years ago I was reading a British kink blog that has since gone invitation-only. IIRC, one time the people there did discuss the feasibility of arranging a full human animal version of the fox hunt, with dogs and ponies and foxes.

As for following a scent trail, that’s actually quite possible for humans with a modest amount of practice. I once saw a 2006 paper on it online in Nature Neuroscience. The supplementary materials include a mildly kinky video of the experimental protocol, though it may not play on modern browsers. I can drop a reference, if someone is interested and has access to NNS.

Sheila Crosby
Sheila Crosby
14 days ago

@Full Metal Ox
Thanks. I didn’t see any dick pics, (not that I hung around for long) but like I said, it made me want to shower.

rusalka
rusalka
14 days ago

@ Bookworm in hijab “My daughter (teenager) hears a lot of “boys are essentially xyz, girls are essentially abc“, with no nuance or room for individuality.”

That reminds me of the times I did workshops with teenagers on gender inequality and sexism. Surprisingly many of these kids had quite the conservative views and were unable to see grey areas – especially with regards to sex. It made me think back to when I was their age. I remembered I had a traditional worldview as well, but believed that was due to the region I grew up in (rural) and because – unlike them – I didn’t yet have the same access to information through the internet, etc. Through my current work I’ve learned a bit more about emotional and moral development (althoug I’m no psychologist) and it kinda makes sense to me. According to Lawrence Kohlberg teenagers go through a conventional phase in their moral development that is defined by a good vs. bad determinism as well as orientation in social rules and norms (and some people stay at that stage). The whole “girls are like this, boys are like that” fits into that quite well…

@ Elaine The Witch: Aw man… that is so freaking shitty… I’d argue that’s not quite the same as these guys who literally set out to “clap ass” (like the OP) but good lord how ignorant and cold can someone be… but I do think what that girl shared with the conventional red piller is probably the kind of arrogance and self-rightousness that is beyond even the most logical argument.

Deadstop
Deadstop
13 days ago

Dude’s just 18. I rather hope he gets out into the world and away from the influences that made him think like that.