misogyny PUA red pill simps

Fellas, is it gay to tell a woman she’s hot while you’re boning her?

Kissing seems hella gay too, idk

I love the Ask The Red Pill subreddit so much. Because where else can you find questions like this?

Yes, dude, you’re allowed to tell a woman she’s hot while your penis is literally inside her. Jesus Christ.

These guys must be such a treat in bed.

(Oh and by the way, a “plate,” in Pickup-artist-speak, is someone you’re seeing casually, or a friend with benefits kind of thing.)

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
11 days ago

The inevitable end-point: “Fellas, is it gay to bone a woman?” :/

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
11 days ago

OK, maybe this is just me being old and out of touch, but how the hell do these cowardly, conformist, “act ‘manly’ according to the concensus of dolts on Reddit” arseholes ever get laid?

It’s got to be only by accident, right?

tim gueguen
11 days ago

Sorry to go off topic, but Congressman Matt Gaetz(R) is reportedly under investigation for sex trafficking.
Matt Gaetz Under Investigation Over Possible Sex Trafficking – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
I wonder if he counts as a Chad as far as the incels are concerned.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
11 days ago

Considering Matt Gaetz has one of the few houses with a basement in Florida, I were expecting worse.

Chris Oakley
Chris Oakley
11 days ago

Off-topic, but the Washington Post has just reported that G. Gordon Liddy is dead.

Lollypop
Lollypop
11 days ago

Ah, the wonderful policy of keeping a clammy, jealous grasp on sincere compliments and empathy like some kind of emotion-hording Scrooge Mcduck, lest you end with the terrible result of another person feeling happy. What a fun and healthy life to lead!

Full Metal Ox

@Lollypop:

Well, don’t you know, he’s got to conserve the limited resource of his power words:

Last edited 11 days ago by Full Metal Ox
Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch
11 days ago

Wow, So these guys have never heard of a praise kink.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss

@Full Metal Ox

Oh my goodness gracious, that Reddit post. What the everloving fish sticks and custard.

She’s just being nice to other people like a normal nice person, dude? Yikes.

Dude is a giant red flag, personified, and I hope his nice girlfriend gets out and meets a nicer guy who can encourage HER too.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
11 days ago

These boys really are confused about the concept of “gay”.

Also, this may just be a fantasy he has and he’s running it by his boys to make sure he’s not a decent person even in the privacy of his own mind.

Can’t say I’m surprised about Gaetz. Of *course* he slept with an underage girl. He was maybe too stupid to know she wasn’t 18 before he took her across state lines, or didn’t care b/c he’s one of Tr*mp’s boys, and it might be hard to prove, but he did it.

Full Metal Ox

@Contrapangloss:

She’s just being nice to other people like a normal nice person, dude? Yikes.

Somebody needs to do “My Last Duchess” (https://poets.org/poem/my-last-duchess) as an Am I The Asshole post.

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie
11 days ago

“… talking to her casually”?

Really?

Last edited 11 days ago by Robert Haynie
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

TMI Warning: Get out while you can

Okay, so many years ago I had this boyfriend. Our relationship didn’t last long, and he was the one who ended it. When it did end, I was a simp (i.e., a person with feelings, specifically sadness). I told him I was sad because he had said that he loved me. This wasn’t once; this was a few times. He responded, “There are all kinds of love.” Here’s what I didn’t say: You were inside me when you said it. Every time. This story makes me cringe on behalf of my younger self. But even at the time I knew that the story was funny as hell. And yeah, my friends laughed too. Men, beware: When women talk about you, it’s not always about how wonderful you are.

Last edited 11 days ago by Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

@Robert Haynie
Talking/boning, whatever.

Casually/schmasually, whatever.

.45
.45
11 days ago

@Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

This is going to sound really stupid, but I am totally not understanding how your story is funny or what the significance of it only being during sex that he said he loved you.

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch

@kat

My husband pointed out to me the other day that the time I tell him I love him the most is when we are having sex. Like i just can’t help it, it just starts pouring out and it’s when I feel the most emotional.

but yeah, your story sounds like what I’ve heard call as “post nut clarity” where men apparently lose the feelings they were having after they have an orgasm.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

@.45

My ex said, “There are all kinds of love.” The background is that he had told me he loved me only when we were having sex. If a person says “I love you” to a sex partner during sex, the feeling being expressed is probably not agape love or platonic love. It is probably romantic love or erotic love or some nice combination of both. The humor comes from the fact that it sounded like he didn’t remember when he had said it, and thus it was said in the heat of the moment; it was not a well-considered remark. So he was careless with his words, words that carry quite a bit of emotional weight. But he was very quick to defend himself, implying that he did love me, sure, but maybe more as a sister. Or possibly a neighbor he would see occasionally at the post office or drugstore. The humor is in his insincerity both times: when he said he loved me and when he pointed out that there are all kinds of love. I still get a laugh out of this incident.

Kevin
Kevin

@ Contrapangloss

‘…fish sticks and custard…’ I think the Doctor may have moved on from that. Regeneration can do strange things to the appetite.

Nicholas Kiddle
Nicholas Kiddle
11 days ago

“Fucking a new plate” makes me think of my teenager, who assumes every item left in a bed is some kind of sexual accessory, which makes it slightly awkward when I have cheese and biscuits as a late night snack and she finds the plate in the morning.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
11 days ago

@kiddle : so, what kind of cheese do you advice as sex toy since you seem to have some experience ? Bleu ?

LollyPop
LollyPop

@ Full Metal Ox

The fact that AITA was written by a fully grown man blows my mind.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss

Kevin, you sure?

With the timey whimy nature, I figured the fish sticks and custard combo is both timeless and nauseating.

Kind of like Reddit guy tbh.

Alan Robertshaw

@ bookworm in hijab

Totally O/T but I thought this might interest you.

(I won’t bore you with the complexities of the various legal outfitters. Although see here for instance https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/amal-clooney-gives-excellent-answer-fashion-question-european-court-human-rights-10008432.html

But much as I am a fan of Ede & Ravensroft; I am also very supportive of Ivy & Normanton. Not least because they might be an outlet for those vegan wigs.)

But anyway, they’ve done a nice court hijab.

Last edited 10 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Lumipuna
Lumipuna

“complement her physique”

I thought this misspelling is quite amusing in the context of demonstrating cis men and women’s anatomical compatibility.

Also, what’s the right occasion for appreciating your partner’s body, if pillow talk is too casual?

IgnoreSandra
IgnoreSandra
10 days ago

I. No, it’s not wrong to think your partner is pretty or gorgeous or cute or just. What.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
10 days ago

@Lumipuna : never, because compliments is a 0 sum game. Like everything else for theses bozos.

They are here to have as much X as they can while giving as few X as they can. Replace X by self-esteem, pleasure, money, social validation, whatever you want.

ginger
ginger
10 days ago

“…talking to her casually.” Huh? IDK, but talking to someone while you’re fucking them is not casual conversation. Maybe I’m old-fashioned that way.

Full Metal Ox

@Kevin; @Contrapangloss:

Thirteen keeps a custard-cream biscuit dispenser in her iteration of the TARDIS. And apparently they’ve consistently hated pears: https://www.inverse.com/article/39747-doctor-who-never-eat-pears-easter-egg-paul-cornell-david-tennant

(There used to be a couple British specialty groceries in my (U.S.) hometown; among the most popular items were jelly babies and Earl Grey tea—the latter famously a favorite of Star Trek’s Captain Picard. Sadly, I never did get around to trying a pork pie in honor of Hogswatch.)

@Lollypop:

The fact that AITA was written by a fully grown man blows my mind.

It was written by a petulant brat who has managed to exist for thirty years without growing the hell up.

Last edited 10 days ago by Full Metal Ox
Alan Robertshaw

@ full metal ox

British specialty groceries

There’s some similar stores in London. A lot of US groceries aren’t allowed to be sold here as food. They breach EU standards. So if you’re an ex-pat hankering for US Heinz ketchup or Twix or whatever, you have to buy them as Americana ‘novelty’ items!

This might all change after Brexit. There’s a lot of controversy over it. Which has all been summed up as “Chlorinated chickens!!!”

Last edited 10 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Nequam
Nequam
10 days ago

OT regarding Earl Grey Tea– Take this Moosewood recipe for mocha cake: https://www.recipebinder.co.uk/recipes/black-mocha-cake/

and sub out a cup of strongly-brewed Earl Grey for the coffee.

It is delicious. And if you make a sheet cake, top it with cream cheese frosting with a bit of orange extract in it.

Alan Robertshaw

@ nequam

Is Earl Grey ever off topic really?

But if you like cake recipes…

There’s also the recipe for something called London Fog. That’s a traditional London drink. That I’ve never met anyone in London who’s even heard of, let alone drunk.

Last edited 10 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
10 days ago

Earl Grey is never off-topic. Although is it heresy to say I like lavender Earl Grey?

Adam, thank you for those links! I’m so disgusted by the constant wardrobe questions women have to field. Here’s Amal Cloony, top lawyer, but the media: wow fashion red coat OMG!!!!

I loved this quote from the 2nd article:

“To keep encouraging diversity at the bar we have to make sure those who don’t fit the white, male stereotype have the tools they need, so other young people can see them and believe they have a place in the profession too,”

Ahem. Back on topic now.

@Kat, I see how you can get humour out of that experience, but also WTF?! What a pathetic person he must have been to say that to you. I’m sorry you had to deal with that.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
10 days ago

Speaking of WTF, why did my phone correct Alan to Adam? I’m sorry Alan, my tech isn’t the brightest.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss
10 days ago

Earl grey chocolate cake does sound amazing. I might need to finally acquire a cake pan!

Gaebolga
Gaebolga
10 days ago

I really fucking hate all this “is it gay to…” bullshit.

Note to homophobic assholes everywhere: it absolutely is gay to ask if some random act is gay. It means that you, personally, are absolutely and unquestionably gay for the rest of eternity.

Can we be done now?

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch

@bookworm in a hijab

Well my phone keeps trying to change “hijab” into “handjob” cause i type the word “handjob” more then “hijab” so there is that.

rv97

@Elaine

Might want to invest in a new keyboard app that isn’t so aggressive with autosuggest. I use Multiling O Keyboard for Android (I don’t know of an equivalent for iOS but I do know more recent iOS versions offer third party keyboard support) because it uses the old T9 layout I’ve become accustomed to. It may not be perfect with suggestions, but because it’s from a more independent developer, it doesn’t try to read into your habits and give you inaccurate and sometimes awkward autosuggest results like this.

rv97
10 days ago

I think it’s deemed “gay” for these guys for their hearts to ever soften for women they find attractive and express such. Quite depressing but we can’t ignore how harmful this is. Doesn’t help that patriarchal Christianity, capitalism and/or evopsych are incredibly instrumental in furthering these attitudes.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Alan:
You can get a ‘London Fog’ at Tim Horton’s, of all places. Unsurprising, I guess, since the Twinings page says it was invented in Vancouver, B.C. Fundamentally it’s a latte using Earl Grey tea instead of coffee.

(Twinings was one of the first times I learned about Canadian labelling requirements, as I may have mentioned before: Twinings tins of loose tea get imported over here, but they have to have the French added afterwards, and so the licensed importer made labels that matched the colour and font of the rest of the tin. That was years ago, though, and these days Twinings North America has full printed bilingual tins specifically for the Canadian market.)

epronovost
epronovost
10 days ago

To answer the question in the OP, yes, it’s very gay to tell the woman you are having sex with she’s beautiful. It’s probably the gayest thing possible. Do you know who does that? Lesbians, lesbians do it and lesbians are gay thus people who do it do lesbian things which are gay things. It’s just logic. C’mon David, you should know that.

Alan Robertshaw

@ bookworm in hijab

No worries! Besides there are loads of cool Adams. Adam Ant; Frankenstein’s monster, Adam Hart-Davis….

(I had to struggle a bit for that third one!)

@ jenora

There’s a myth/rumour/whatever that Twinings provided funds to the American rebels.

Whatever the truth of the matter, the one tea they didn’t throw overboard at Boston was all the Twinings

I had a look on the Twinings site. They just mention the revolution in passing; although I find it interesting, and maybe relevant, that they use the phrase “The short-sighted high tax on tea”

Nailing their colours to the mast there a bit.

Last edited 10 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Alan:
Hunh, I did not know that.

My understanding is that the whole ‘high taxes on tea’ at the time was more a dumbing-down for public consumption of a tariff structure that was pretty much protectionist policies for the East India Company, and was really hurting the local importers more than the general public. Depending on Twinings’ relationship with the East India Company, that might explain a few things.

ETA: The Wikipedia page says that the Twinings logo was created in 1787 and counts as the oldest corporate logo in continuous use. Now that’s an interesting bit of legal trivia.

Last edited 10 days ago by Jenora Feuer
Alan Robertshaw

@ jenora

Hmm, Richard Twining became a director of the EIC in 1789; and his first act was to ban directors from trading with India. Which seems an unusual step, bearing in mind the name of the company. You might be on to something!

As an aside, at the time of the revolution, the head of Twinings was Mary Twining. She ran the company for 21 years. Which was not exactly common at the time.

ETA: That is a useful bit of trivia for me. When I’m blabbering on about IP I uses Bass Breweries as the oldest example of a still in use trademark; but I’ll drop in that fact now!

Last edited 10 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Moggie
Moggie

@ginger:

You’re correct: it’s formal conversation. Using the correct form of address during sex is essential: “madam” will normally suffice, but be sure to use “professor”, “your excellency”, or “your royal highness” when appropriate. And don’t neglect foreplay: a firm handshake or formal bow works wonders.

Moggie
Moggie

@LollyPop:

The fact that AITA was written by a fully grown man blows my mind.

30 year old guy, dating 21 year old woman, sounds like he wants to alienate her from her friends… seems to me she should run, not walk, away from that relationship ASAP.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab

@ Moggie,

After all, it’s “voulez-vous coucher avec moi”! Very formal!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Alan:
Hey, I’m from Canada, and while the Hudson’s Bay Company might not be Canadian-owned anymore, it’s still about to celebrate its 350th birthday, having been founded May 2nd, 1670.

Snowberry
Snowberry
10 days ago

I think at this point it’s fair to say that “gay” has taken on the meaning of “unmanly / weak” in the misogynosphere, similar to how it took on the meaning of “stupid / undesirable” for awhile among younger millennials / older gen Z.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
10 days ago

You “couldn’t help but compliment her physique”? No, it was within your power to not compliment her. The fact that you did compliment her makes you a simp.

Also, your humble-brag is false from beginning to end. That makes you a liar.

Last edited 10 days ago by Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
10 days ago

I am proud of the people who commented/voted on that who unanimously said, yes, he ITA and encouraged the woman (if she’s reading) to get out of the relationship ASAP. Hopefully she was, or at least maybe he’ll break up with her and she’ll be free.

@Nequam: brilliant! (Or, to stay on a topic, Fantastic!) I often see recipes that look great until I get to where they ruin a perfectly good dessert by adding gross, bitter coffee. But I always have Earl Gray to hand (even before Picard made it famouser). Perhaps I will be more patriotic and use Twinings.

@Bookworm: can you please tell me how to address the women stuck behind the immodest husbands? Like, a term a married woman would use to another one, specifically womanly. So I’d glare at him, and as she and the kids followed, I’d say the equivalent of “hello, other married woman” and smile.