memes MGTOW misogyny MRA

Manosphere Meme-splosion

Subtle.

One thing you can say about manosphere meme-makers: despite years of practice, they never seem to get any better at it. Consider the following memes I collected today from an assortment of places from Pinterest to Twitter.

The graphic design is often a little on the crude side. And the content is if anything even less sophisticated than the design.

Next, WALLS-O-TEXT. Manospherists often forget that the whole point of a meme is to grab the viewer’s attention quickly, not to wear wear us down with excessive verbiage in tiny type.

Most women are
hardcore feminists..
Your average girl doesn't identify as a feminist.
But a host of feminist beliefs have been installed in her head by politicians, TV series and teachers, and without having to consciously accept feminism, she is more feminist than Betty Friedan or Gloria Steinem. Your average girl also isn't a feminist activist -she doesn't protest, organize or even write emails of complaint. But that's because she doesn't need to. All laws have been written and are executed in her favor anyway. Whatever she says doesn't change the fact that these laws are there when she needs them. Even if yesterday she claimed "I don't need feminism" or "God, how I hate those feminists", today she might apply for affirmative action or sue for alimony.
I'M NOT A FEMINIST I SWEAR

,but refuse the label
Think Before you get Marry in INDIA. There are these vultures out there to Suck out your Hard Earn Money your happinese your everything. They will kill you slowy and IPC OneSided Laws Help them to do so. You Won't be Able to do anything.
Save you Son, Brother. Unless these Laws removed from INDIA. There their Greed will Keep their Deamon alive.
Marriage has become a business and Everybody has their stake in your Money. 498A CRPC 5 1-111121 24. Stop Legal Terrorism !

More than 1 Lac Suicide per year. Next Victim may be You.

Sometimes these meme-writers forget to include any graphic content at all.

If he doesn't do what !want, I will threaten to make my holes unavailable".
That's the typical way how women equalize the playing field, which in thew inferior minds makes them believe that they argue on the same level as men.
However, in online discussions their holes are worthless to win an argument or to make others think that they argue car the same level as men, so they slightly adjust their tactics: 1. They proxy threaten the unavailability of female holes CYou will never get a girlfriend", "You're a virgin / beta / foreveralcce”). 2. They byte connce others they argue on the same level as men by insisting they are men I" I'm a guy, by the way').

That’s no meme, son; that’s just a couple of paragraphs of blurry type.

But you don’t need a lot of tiny words to render your memes unreadable — just some basic design ineptitude.

But I have to say that my favorite manosphere memes are the ones that feature me.

I wish I still had that hoodie. I wore it until it just plain wore out.

H/T — @TakedownMRAs on Twitter, who inspired this post and alerted me to the meme artistry of The Awaken MAN; I found most of these examples on his Twitter feed.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

rabid rabbit
rabid rabbit
13 days ago

You’ve still got the beanie, though, right?

personalpest
personalpest
13 days ago

I wish I still had that hoodie. I wore it until it just plain wore out.

I hope you at least held on to that stylin’ plaid bow tie.

NewtonThePlant
NewtonThePlant
13 days ago

Everyone I Don’t Like is a Woman: A manosphere guide to online political discussion

Last edited 13 days ago by NewtonThePlant
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
13 days ago

Oh, there are so many hoodies I wish I still had. But I found one of my favorites today while moving stuff out of my parents’ house, so that was nice.

Surviving an active shooting has fucked up my brain I think. Although could be that plus the combination of White Claws at this point.

Last edited 13 days ago by Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
13 days ago

They really can’t do anything right, can they?

No wonder women (and probably normal men) don’t want to have anything to do with them.

So that first wall-o-text says women shouldn’t be allowed to apply for alimony? Luckily that’s not anything these losers will ever have to pay. And since when is India super-feminist? This will be a great surprise to all the Indian women I know.

That beanie is actually popular among certain geek groups. Many of whom have all the sex they want, BTW. I’m sitting on a couch with one of them right now.

I like hoodies but I wish more of them had zippers because I get too hot sometimes.

Mogwitch
Mogwitch
13 days ago

Oh wow, the propeller hat to signify nerdy – that’s an historical reference. Even amongst people old enough to remember when nerdiness was considered unattractive.

occasional reader
occasional reader
13 days ago

Hello.

What are supposed to be those “498A CPRC 125 HMA 24” ? It appears two times, but i have no idea what it means, and they do not bother to explain it, so…

Have a nice day.

numerobis
numerobis
13 days ago

Google indicates it’s an Indian legal thing: “CrPC 125; Sec 24 of Hindu Marriage Act (HMA 24)”

(It appears MRA sites in India are the only ones that refer to it that way, at least as far as Google shows me. Seems to be related to alimony.)

Last edited 13 days ago by numerobis
Full Metal Ox
13 days ago

@occasional reader:

To judge by a brief and not particularly fruitful Google Search, those seem to be stock forms/charges in Indian divorce cases:

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi
13 days ago

I’ve always wanted one of those beanie hats.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
12 days ago

OT, but why are those idiots still trying to get that Suez ship unjammed?

I ran the math. As of the new M/V Emma Mærsk container ships can carry up to 13,400 containers and the total value of cargo per vessel can reach $300 million, and these largest container ships themselves have a value of around $100 million. So, ship + cargo tops out at about $400 million.

Word on the street is that the Suez blockage is costing about $400 million per hour.

So, the smart thing to do would seem to have been to blow the damn thing up as soon as it became clear it would take more than an hour or so to dislodge it. It would actually cost less than trying to get it free. Of course, the debris would then have had to have been cleaned up but it’s clearly easier to move a lot of little things than one huge thing, and a lot faster since it’s parallelizable.

The compensation they’d have to pay to the ship’s owner and intended cargo recipients would be way less than what the blockage is costing at this point.

And of course they could still do it now. And they should, if it’s likely to take more than an additional hour to work it free otherwise. The sunk cost fallacy applies to sticking with their current, failing approach to the problem.

Full Metal Ox

@Surplus to Requirements:

For the record, they’ve unstuck it and traffic is resuming.

Dalillama

@Surplus
You are dramatically underestimating the negative consequences of using explosives to address the Suez crisis. There are a myriad of reasons not to do so, starting with the damage to the canal itself.

Elaine The Witch
Elaine The Witch
12 days ago

I’ve talked with one of these guys once. He tried really hard to convince me that my mother was abusive for leaving her first husband and getting my brother away from the controlling abusive jerk that though my mom and brother were property.

he kept trying to tell me I know only my mothers side of the story.
i told him my brother was 12 when he decided he didn’t want to see his sperm donner anymore. and the reason was because he physically hit him and was emotionally abusive.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss
12 days ago

Surplus, you vastly underestimate the complexity of cleaning up aquatic pollution and how much work and time it takes to safely dismantle a large vessel. Scrapping (as opposed to scuttling) is a months-long process…

…which is why scuttling is still a thing, to be honest. People going “we want to scuttle and make diving reefs” are usually not motivated by the desire to help save reef ecosystems, but more the cost savings of not having to scrap.

Like, it’s a good thought! But, digging out and refloating (with the help of extra high tide!) the ship intact probably was the best strategy, and they probably had lots of folks trying to figure out best practices.

Last edited 12 days ago by Contrapangloss
Alan Robertshaw
12 days ago

Guess this is on topic now!

comment image

Tabby Lavalamp
Tabby Lavalamp
12 days ago

Ah, yes. Alimony. Famously invented by feminists so that housewives could stay at home and not have their own income but still get by in the event of a divorce.

Alan Robertshaw

@ contrapangloss

which is why scuttling is still a thing

I had always thought seacocks were weird thing to build into a ship. It was like an aeroplane having a ‘detach wings’ button. But I guess that makes sense.

As to blowing up a ship, HMS Hood famously sank when her aft magazines exploded.There’s still debate as to exactly how powerful a blast that was; but as this was the Royal Navy’s most powerful warship, one can imagine it was pretty spectacular.

She’s still in, almost, one piece though (Three big pieces really, but still pretty much together)

More detail and pics here…

So to get the Ever Given into manageable pieces you’d probably be talking small nuke; seriously; and they already complain erosion damages the canal.

Last edited 12 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw
12 days ago

I’ll take “Advice Anthony Eden should have listened to” for $500 please Dali.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss

Alan,

No kidding! I remember in high school being horrified hearing stories about people selling old ships for literal pennies.

…and now that I know how hard shipbreaking actually is to get a payday of maybe $0.60 per pound of final recycled high strength steel (of which maybe 50% of the vessel weight might be recyclable), I kind of get it. That’s not even really accounting for dockage and transport and renting a floating dry dock (or rent drydock space at a shipyard with a big enough dock) if you don’t have a convenient beach to purposefully run aground on to give yourself a place to work during dismantlement.

And purposefully running aground is a bit tricky because permitting + getting far enough aground that the mobile cranes have adequate support and reach to work and making sure nothing environmentally hazardous is released when you wreck your new old ship on purpose. Just, ack! Egads! Gadzooks!

Those big ships are built to be sturdy as heck, and I’m fascinated.

rusalka
rusalka
12 days ago

@ GSS ex-noob there’s a pretty loud MRA scene in India. Although this is the first time I’ve seen MGTOW material by Indians. I gotta say I find them extremely scary. India’s society has gone through huge changes in a short span of time but the situation for women is still nowhere near anywhere “equal” to men. The violence these people glorify isn’t something that you can write off as the ramblings of some self-pitying keyboard warrior. It’s something that women experience daily in it’s most horrfiying forms in India.

One of the laws cited in the memes ist part of the dowry inhibition act. When I searched a little rn I only found entries about how the laws is supposedly used against men etc. Now I’ve not searched for an article, but as far as I know actually sueing a husband and his relatives for abuse and mistreatment is pretty hard…

Dalillama

@Alan

I had always thought seacocks were weird thing to build into a ship.

Thing is that there’s a number of ways that water might get into a ship (mostly rain and high seas), and you want to have a way to get it back out with a minimum of pumping, i.e. via hatches as near to the waterline as possible. It’s not as much of an issue with these enormous modern ships with their engine-powered pumps and the like, but these days some of the engines want coolant and it’s easiest to get that via holes as near the waterline as feasible.

Alan Robertshaw

@ contrapangloss

people selling old ships for literal pennies.

I had a case that involved valuing a fishing fleet. The trawlers were assessed as being worth minus £8,000 each. That’s how much they would cost to scrap (The real values is in the fishing quotas attached to them; which you can trade.)

Those big ships are built to be sturdy as heck

Oh indeed. I saw a documentary about that aircraft carrier they sank to create a reef. It took the team months to prep her. Not just removing all the hazardous material; but they also had to cut through every watertight bulkhead. Then they used explosives. And she still took over half an hour to sink.

Alan Robertshaw

@ dali

That makes sense I guess. Although I’m still not sure why the Nostromo needed a scuttling mechanism.

enormous modern ships with their engine-powered pumps

As you know I’m a bit of a Titanic nerd. There’s some interesting stuff there with the pumps. Had it not been for the two foot tear extending into boiler room 5, the engineering consensus is the pumps could have kept her afloat indefinitely.

Dalillama

@Alan

Although I’m still not sure why the Nostromo needed a scuttling mechanism.

In case a hazardous alien life form contaminated the vessel, obviously. Probably the designers would’ve been thinking “Andromeda Strain” rather that “giant terrifying predator”, but the point remains.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@rusalka

This reminds me of a book I read (ok, part of, a bit difficult to get through because of the subject) called Vigilante Gender Violence, which was doing case studies of violence against women in different countries. This same point about rapid change was central to the book; India was a case study for it, but so were incels and such in the west.

I should check if David was quoted anywhere in there it seems likely.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
12 days ago

Whatever floats that one particular boat.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
12 days ago

In the image with the title “Fix a society that hates us?” is the guy walking off a pier? Because that’s what it looks like to me. They might want to reconsider that one…

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
12 days ago

Although I’m still not sure why the Nostromo needed a scuttling mechanism.

ISS has one. So did the shuttles, when they were in use, in case of a catastrophically bad deorbit – it’s considered better (for those on the ground, at least) that a lot of little pieces hit the atmosphere than a couple big ones punch on through and make large holes in things.

MLBlue
MLBlue
12 days ago

Yeah, women dont refer to their parts as “holes”. ANyone who uses that expression loses all credibility and I will cease to take anything they say seriously. Probably block them when they cease to amuse me as well.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
12 days ago

MLBlue, exactly. The only people who say that are intending to dehumanize us!

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
12 days ago

@Alan: your canal-related contributions today are top-notch.

@Bookworm: either that or walking into the ocean to drown himself in the briny deep.

(The Mr. got his propeller hat after we became friends with the guy who invented and popularized them. You can buy them lots of places on line.)

occasional reader
occasional reader

> numerobis & Full Metal Ox
Thank you for the answers ! (At work, my researches are quite limited, sorry)

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
12 days ago

@Surplus : blowing the boat up is litteraly order of magnitude more expensive than unjamming it.

To start with, you need to evacuate the ship and find enough explosive to blow it up. It’s 220.000 tons, and full of various kind of object, so it’s a long and costly operation. You can’t find enough TNT in an hour, and maybe not even enough in a day.

Then you need to repair the canal, since, you know, you just blowed up 220k tons of debris into it, and the explosive altered strongly the integrity of the canal too. That can take weeks or month.

So, best case scenario of that “solution” is a lot more costly and longer than unjamming it. People didn’t leave the boat intact because they were worried about cargo or anything, they did it because it’s the rational solution.

And that’s not considering all the myriad way it can go horribly wrong. You could capseize another ship with the blast, even one rather far away, because of the gigantic amount of force. You could fail to explode the boat, and need several explosions, which is what happened when people tried that solution with a whale. The dust cloud could cause problem in a lot of different way. There’s probably a lot of other problems I didn’t think of.

Alan Robertshaw

@ threp

it’s considered better (for those on the ground, at least)

That’s very altruistic of the astronauts. Personally I’d spend my last minutes ascertaining who was responsible for the problem and aiming the station at their car.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss

Ohlmann!

How did I forget about the exploding whale? I love the exploding whale story. Well, I don’t love stranding events or deceased whales washing up, but it’s still a good story.

I’m going to try using the spoiler thing to see if I can avoid squicking anyone out who isn’t strangely excited about exploding whale disasters.

Exploding Whales
If anyone is wondering, the purposeful and scheduled explosion of the whale failed miserably, as Ohlmann said.

What Ohlmann didn’t say is that a bit of the whale totaled a car.

Life lesson: if you want to take tnt to a whale, tow it FAR AWAY from shore!

Also, I had to specify purposeful explosion because, well, don’t leave your dead whales to sit in the sun, because whale decomposition (if the digestive tract is intact) naturally is a bit… explosive.

The best known urban whale explosion was Taiwan in 2004 because it spontaneously exploded IN THE MIDDLE OF TOWN while being transported, but whale-splosions are a well known thing in the marine bio community.

Like, we definitely had a day of war stories and home videos of beach necropsies where step one was making sure to release the pressure before it became dangerous, to varying degrees of success/desperation for a shower.

Marine bio is smelly work, even if it is super cool, and I’m a little sad to have switched to a different field. I have a different tldr for that though.

Okay, time to hit post and edit out the ook if the spoiler tagging fails!

Last edited 12 days ago by Contrapangloss
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
11 days ago

@Alan

That’s very altruistic of the astronauts.

Not exactly sure they were ever asked … 😛

But nah – most of them are pilots. Dropping chunks of your craft on unsuspecting people is considered a bit rude.
Course, if people have shot you down you aim for them.

Last edited 11 days ago by Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Ohlmann
Ohlmann
11 days ago

Note that for asteroids, dividing in smaller asteroid seem likely to make the impact deadlier. Might be because asteroid big enough to be a problem are far bigger than the ISS.

And yes, the whale thing is hilarious to me too. The car part is a reminder that if you use force big enough to deal with several tons of stuff, the side effect can be similarly apocalyptic. Here imagine what a 20k ton fragment of that shit hurled in the air could do.

epitome of incomrepehensibility

@Contrapangloss – Oh yeah, I remember seeing a video about that! I imagine exploding the whale into smaller pieces would just spread the bad smell around and make the remains harder to clean up, not to mention the poor person/people who got their car damaged.

As for the memes, the 3rd one is especially confusing because it doesn’t distinguish between speech and labels. Like, the man has the words “Beta I LOVE YOU” written on his figure, and it seems “Beta” is meant to be his label and “I LOVE YOU” is what he’s saying, but it’s not clear because it’s all in one place. RIP, readability.

Last edited 11 days ago by epitome of incomrepehensibility
Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
11 days ago

I figured simply putting a bomb in it and setting it off would be naïve; my thoughts were more along the lines of shaped charges, likely with the intent to cut out a large middle section and move it downstream, and leaving the end pieces much smaller, lighter, and easier to deal with.

The other “obvious” approaches would be raising the water level in the canal (if possible, would depend on terrain among other things) and lightening the load (by getting cranes onto the shore near it and removing containers, perhaps to another ship). Were any of these tried?

Alan Robertshaw
11 days ago

@ surplus

Were any of these tried?

They did consider using floating cranes to offload the containers; as a fall-back position. But apparently the experts said this would add weeks to the operation; and also the high winds made this option unsafe.

In the end they just dredged underneath her whilst waiting for the full moon and the highest tide and then towed her off the bank with 14 tugboats.

Although I think really all credit should go to that little bulldozer. It’s easy to open a jam jar once someone has loosened the lid for you.

Luzbelitx
11 days ago

Yay! A meme post! Thank you thank you thank you thank yooouuuu!!!!

The “parental alienation” is extra creepy when you consider the “men’s groups” who “denounce it” are made up entirely of abusers who were separated from their children because… well, because they abused them.

Other than that, I can’t stop looking at the “Most women are hardcore feminists”, particularly at the ellipsis. It would seem we have a classic two dot ellipsis, but wait! What’s that on the bottom line? Is it the missing dot? Is it just another random design failure? Does the author even know…?

Alan Robertshaw
11 days ago

Apropos nothing; but people might like this.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs
11 days ago

@Alan, the suffrajitsu clip is brilliant! (For some odd reason I can’t see a lot of your clips in my usual browser, but I’m glad I tried opening this comment in a different one 🙂 )

glimmerinshadow
glimmerinshadow
11 days ago

The 498A is a reference to a anti domestic abuse law .

You know I think it´s kinda ironic that MRAS/MGTOWS are a thing in India and even funnier that they use the same talking points as their western counterparts like women are goldiggers and whinning aboutdivorce rape.

Specially considering this country as huge Dowry Abuse problem, where men and their families often demand large sums of money or gifts as dowry, and will abuse their wives if they aren´t satistified.
In this case it´s the men who are the goldiggers and screwing over women and her realtives fianncially.
Tons of women have died because of this

But what these men are getting mad about, is about women fighting back so that there are legal consequences for abuse. Note that not one of them guys have anything to say about how men should refuse dowries.
If you ask me, if a dude accepted a dowry but then she divorces him and he has to pay alimony, she isnt´stealing his money…. she is simply asking for the return of her dowry that rightly belongs to her.

And like their western counterparts of course they are gonna say those abuse cases are false and tons of men are getting destroyed (despite the fact that the conviction rates are really low)

If you think western manospherians were already delusional, they got nothing on these guys.

Bookworm in hijab
Bookworm in hijab
11 days ago

Alan, that clip is great! Will now share far and wide. 😄

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
11 days ago

@Alan: love that old clip! I hope a lot of suffragettes learned that — it’d be even more effective back then when most Western people had never heard of those martial arts. Obviously it’s easier when the man just stands there and lets her do it, but she’s still flipping him over.

And may your whales never explode.

Chris Oakley
Chris Oakley
6 days ago

Most of the time, in fact, they get exponentially worse.