misogyny no girls allowed proud boys

No Girls Allowed: Proud Boys tell would-be Proud Girls to “get the f*ck back in the kitchen”

I still don’t know what the Proud Boys have to be proud about, but I definitely understand the “Boys” part of their name, given that members of the violent nationalist gang often act like they’re five years old, stuck in the “girls are icky” stage of childhood development.

Consider the Proud Boys’ response to a handful of women starting “Proud Girls” accounts on right-wing Twitter alternative Parler, evidently seeing themselves as a sort of unofficial Ladies Auxiliary of the chauvinistic boys club.

Dear Proud Girls, Stop. Hijacking our fraternity because you can't stand men having their own club is exactly why we created this club in the first place. You aren't supporting us. You're hurting us. You’re ruining what we hold dear. Want to know how to ACTUALLY support us? Get married, have children, cultivate wonderful communities in which we can live in. To save the west we need WOMEN BEING WOMEN. Not women trying to be men. We beg of you, with sincere love from the bottom of our hearts, get pregnant and get the fuck back in the kitchen

With attitudes like this, it’s no wonder the Boys are having such trouble finding dates.

H/T — r/ParlerWatch, Daily Dot.

Note: I played with the contrast on the screenshot to make it easier to read. You can find the original here.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
22 days ago

So, are the Proud Girls slinking away, or are they asserting their right to call themselves “Proud Girls”?

I don’t care which option they take, but I find it funny to see the Proud Boys reject a group that they could’ve used the way the Honey Badgers are used by the MRAs. Of course, I’m also in a dreadfully cynical mood this weekend.

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
22 days ago

Okay, “#emptyeggcarton”? I assume the Proud Boys use “empty egg carton” as an insult aimed at childless women, but is anyone actually offended by it? To me it just seems too silly to be a useful insult.

numerobis
numerobis
22 days ago

Somehow I suspect the hashtag’s goal is to be a sick burn for others in the group to see them deploy. The effect on others — or lack thereof — is entirely secondary.

epronovost
epronovost
22 days ago

An answer that has the merit of being completely consistent with their ideology and their rethoric. It also alienate them from white nationalist feminists who would have otherwised shared their fiercly nationalist, isolationist and anti-immigration rethoric. This isn’t exactly a bad thing since it might create a wedge issue amongst that later group.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Victorious Parasol
Speaking of which, are the Honey Badgers still a thing? Last I’d heard, they got kicked out of the Alberta Expo and made a risibly bad lawsuit/grift off it.

Edit: just checked and it appears their podcast is still releasing episodes, but I would guess they’ve lost prominence much as AVFM has.

Last edited 21 days ago by Naglfar
GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
21 days ago

@numerobis: Isn’t that what in my youth was referred to as a, um… “round yank”, then?

Makes sense, since they have so much trouble getting dates, right?

Crip Dyke

round yank

don’t we have more than 100million of those?

On the main topic, I know I’ve seen this before. I thought it had been here, but maybe it was on Wonkette in the occasional “Garbage Men” repeating segment.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
21 days ago

It was previously mentioned here in a comment; this is the first top-level article about it.

Pie
Pie

@Victorious Parasol

On the one hand, it wouldn’t be very on-brand for them to tolerate or accept a group of women who aren’t prepared to merely remain pets, cheerleaders, housekeepers, incubators, etc. Gotta put those uppity broads in their place, remind them that the army of the patriarchial white ethnostate only needs men.

On the other, and more cynical hand: they’re probably well aware that if the women in question are genuinely in favour of the patriarchial white ethnostate then they’ll continue supporting it anyway, even after being put in their place.

There’s a relevant article in salon from 3 years ago where some alt-right women complain about the misogynistic abuse they receive from some of the men they assumed were their fellow travellers. (I suspect WHTM had a post on it, but I can’t find it right now). Lauren Southern, even after years of this stuff is still supporting the cause, working for Murdoch, denying covid, supporting police brutality and opposing protests, etc. There’s no reason for the proud boys to be accepting or tolerant of anyone, when they can shit on their own allies and still have them be on the same side.

Kereea
Kereea
21 days ago

…Given the majority of this arguing is occuring online, how do they KNOW the Proud Girls aren’t already in their kitchens? I’m sitting in one right now.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
21 days ago

Didn’t Judgybitch (there’s a wee blast from the past for you all) do most of her videos from her kitchen?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
21 days ago

At least it’s a consistent answer. Sadly, as Pie said, few chance that it will change the mind of thoses “proud girls”.

I would say however that the high profile women leaders are much less likely than regular members to openly change their mind. Someone like Lauren Southern might have been spat on, but she did get the notoriety and part of the feeling of acceptance she wanted to. And more importantly, switching side won’t get her any of that.

After the annual familial reunion, I wonder at time if the old right wing canard of “we say too much to children that they are gonna be special” isn’t true, but just creating fascists and white supremacists instead of “snowflake”. Because it sure seem that a lot of the openly fascists people look to a way to make themselves special.

Seth S
Seth S

@Crip Dyke

I think they mean “circle jerk”? Certainly quite a few of us yanks are a bit rounder than we should be, though, especially with the quarantine – myself included, in my 42 jeans, but unfortunately the gyms are still closed. Trying to eat more salad and vegetables and less pasta/bread/potatoes/sugar/alcohol, but it has yet to have much of an effect.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Ohlmann
I think that desire to be special is a motivating factor for a lot of white nationalists. They have nothing to be proud of as individuals, such as achievements, so they try to find pride in some sort of constructed racial identity. Anything that doesn’t center white people is therefore some deep affront to them, and they build their whole identity around that. As usual, when conservatives call everyone else snowflakes, they’re projecting.

Discordia
Discordia
21 days ago

Apparently, the leader of the proud girls is an MMA fighter who is now telling them she is going to kick all their asses. I do kind of find it hilarious in a dark way that even most really awful conservative women still don’t want to be some submissive housewife to an asshole.

Is there some sort of intersection between being an MMA fighter and being hyperconservative?

Alan Robertshaw

@ discordia

There is supposedly a correlation between upper body strength and right wing views.

So presumably I could forego the pull-ups and just join UKIP?

But as to your point, this sort of relates to it; a bit.

Last edited 21 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ discordia

the leader of the proud girls is an MMA fighter

I did some Googling, and found out I’d seen her before. I may even have mentioned her here before. There was a thing where some guy said 99% of men could beat even a trained female fighter. He was challenged to put his money where his mouth was. Then this happened.

Yup.

Discordia
Discordia
21 days ago

@Victorious Parasol–no, they are telling them they are going to kick there asses and calling them misogynistic slurs.

@ Alan Robertshaw That article explains a lot actually. I love hearing about women excelling in sports, but it seems like MMA and the like attracts assholes.

Alan Robertshaw

@ discordia

I love hearing about women excelling in sports

I like his excuse that “I was winning; until my conditioning gave out.”

That’s the same logic I apply as to why I’m technically a better runner than Mo Farah.

SpecialFFrog
SpecialFFrog
21 days ago

This seems like a good thread to recommend Ijeoma Oluo’s new book: “Mediocre: The Dangerous Legacy of White Male America.

Naglfar
Naglfar
21 days ago

The leader of the Proud Girls is also known for her repeated statements that she would refuse to fight a trans woman. Because every transphobe is also a racist and vice versa.

epronovost
epronovost
21 days ago

What’s the name of the leader of the “proud girls”? I don’t think anybody mentionned it.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@epronovost
Her name is Tara LaRosa, and here’s a bit of background about her and the PBs.

XoXo
XoXo
21 days ago

This is what happened with Lauren Southern, Milo, Ben Shapiro, etc. Alt-righters liked some of their content, but at the end of the day they were too female, gay, or Jewish to be trustworthy (I.e. the “all girls are feds” meme).

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive
20 days ago

@Discordia

@Alan Robertshaw

In my experience,correlation does not necessarily equal causation. Heck I have had Taekwondo training in my formative years, have been an Air Cadet in High School for about 8 years and I am considered by freinds and family to be “the military nerd”: and I’m still staunchly left wing progressive in my ideological and moral leanings.

Martial training/skill, and in a co-morbid sense, violence itself; are themselves are things not constrained to any poltical spectrum or the sole area of men, women or any other configuration of being, or so I have come to find. However, Innuendo Studios once made mention of the rather compelling fact that the true crux of the matter of wither violence can masculine or feminine (of which he held the assessment that violence is not by nature, but only by custom; usually gendered male in action or otherwise violent media, and that such custom can be changed), made me come to the thought that in turn the question of wither violence is left wing or right wing; is not gauged by the violence itself or what specific attribute it give focus to (I.E upper body strength, not skipping leg day, ect): but rather what it is in service to.

Or at least that is my philosophical take on it given my experience. I just question how accurate that impression is or isn’t.

Last edited 20 days ago by TacticalProgressive
GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
20 days ago

He’s a bit… melanin-enhanced and non-Anglo-named to be a proper Proud Boy, isn’t he?

Naglfar
Naglfar
20 days ago

@GSS ex-noob
He’s their token Black man, whom they can point to in order to claim they aren’t racist. The white former leader hates him.

Sarity
Sarity
20 days ago

Oh my. A far right woman who aggressively challenges misogynistic trash talk? I am going to need aaall the popcorn.

GSS ex-noob
GSS ex-noob
20 days ago

@Naglfar: Thanks for the info.

Being “the good one” never has and never will protect you: i.e. the late Herman Cain.

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive
19 days ago

@Naglfar

I’m almost afraid to ask if Gavin McInnes made any public waffling about how his racist, white supremacist hate group ironically has a Black man acting as it’s chairmen. I suspect he likely might, given how he always utters a lot of racist and outright white supremacist nonsense, up to and including the “White Genocide” conspiracy absurdiities and how modern civilization begins and ends with and “is thanks to” white people; even though history itself would prove that assertion a falsehood.