civil war milo misogyny parler

Milo goes on a rant against nurses — yes, nurses — calling them “barren, vicious control freaks” who want power over men

Milo: A shadow of his former self

Apparently Milo — the disagreeable human, not the comforting chocolatey drink — has seen One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest too many times.

Over on Parler — the Twitter clone for people banned from the real Twitter — the once-infamous, now just-sort-of-pathetic Milo is having a little bit of a meltdown over, of all things, nurses, or at least those of the female variety. At a time when nurses are risking their lives to care for COVID patients in the midst of a deadly pandemic, Milo thinks they need to be knocked down a peg or two.

I will leave it to the psychoanalysts to figure out what is really going on with Milo here.

Milo has been in a pretty cranky mood for some time. It seems like every few days I read about him lashing out against some new enemy on Parler. Including some you might have thought were his allies.

He’s not exactly happy about Trump or the Republican party these days:

We should note that it wasn’t his support for Trump that cost him his career; he was abandoned by many of his supporters for suggesting that pedophilia was sometimes a good thing.

Anywhoo, he’s also pretty darn mad at the North (of the US).

Ironically, though, the thing he’s the maddest about is Parler itself. Apparently he misses the good old days on Twitter, when a single rude comment of his directed at a particular person could unleash an entire army of his supporters on them.

Also, he’s now willing to admit that at least some of the people he’s allied himself with over the years are actually a bunch of dunderheads.

Wow. People on Parler are treating him like his fans used to treat people on Twitter. What goes around, comes around, I guess.

H/T — thanks to @parlertakes, @Mikanojo and @PurpleGimp on Twitter, from whom I borrowed the above screenshots.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Karalora
Karalora
11 months ago

Let me just fire up my nano-violin over here…

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate
11 months ago

I once spent 10+ days in the hospital. The best thing about it was the nurses. They’re the ones who interact with the patients the most, know how all the machines work, and make sure patients get the proper medication. I barely remember seeing the doctor at all. And of course, Milo thinks that getting a nursing degree is easy; his type always thinks any job that is predominately done by women is easy. He dropped out of college the first time he went and got expelled the second time, but sure, nursing is easy.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate
11 months ago

So what’s Baby Milo’s degree in? He sounds like a thoroughly lovely person.

11 months ago

Poor, poor Milo, starved of attention.

BURN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY TO THE FUCKING GROUND

“Destroy the GOP to own the libs” is becoming a common sentiment among the right these days. I can only hope they are completely serious about tearing their own party down.

The South must rise again

Isn’t Milo British?

As for the last few posts, all I can say is, he reaps what he sows.

Natsume
Natsume

@Katherine the Adequate

Nothing. He dropped out of the University of Manchester before graduating, then was expelled from the Wolfson College in Cambridge

Last edited 11 months ago by Natsume
Dalillama

@Naglfar
I suppose he’s one of those Sussex Nationalists, quite a rare breed in the last millennium or so.

Seth S
Seth S
11 months ago

So this is just his latest attempt to stay relevant and keep his “brand” in people’s minds, right? At least in the mind of whoever will listen to him.

This has the same energy as a cranky 8 year old who got mad at his nurse at the hospital when told he couldn’t have pizza right after his combo tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy and has to choose something from the soft food menu instead.

Last edited 11 months ago by Seth S
.45
.45
11 months ago

Humble brag bullshit: I once considered adding some of the appropriate classes and electives to a couple of my Associate’s Degrees to get a Nursing Degree of some kind or another, but didn’t because it would be merely be for bragging rights, as I had no intention of actually engaging in such a high stress job (and this before a pandemic). My hat’s off to whoever is hardcore enough to do the job.

Seriously though, nurses have one hell of a job right now and are putting their lives on the line, and this jackass wants to say this kind of crap about them? Wonder what he’ll be saying if he ends up struggling to breathe in some understaffed hospital… or maybe he did that and didn’t like feeling powerless, so blame them?

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
11 months ago

He started his Contrarian Gay act for fame and money and instead destroyed his reputation so badly that he’ll always have trouble finding respectable employment. Now he’s typing anything that he’s thinks might get a rise out of someone somewhere because it’s all he knows. He may go full fundy and ex-gay next.

@LindsayIrene

One thing conservative tokens never learn is, their new bedmates aren’t their friends. The minute those new bedmates cease to find them useful, they will be thrown out instantly, and usually their original community will no longer want them back after what they’ve done. Milo is a notable example of this, but he’s far from the only one. If he goes ex-gay it wouldn’t surprise me at all, it might be the only way he can keep the flow of cash at least temporarily. IIRC he’s millions in debt.

athveg34f
athveg34f
11 months ago

I love hearing about Milo! Not because I’m a fan {shudder}, but because I feel about him the way this website feels about him 🙂 Plus it makes me feel youngish again, like in yon olden days when we used to read about RooshV and Paul Elam, et al.

Speaking of rotten people we’ve been introduced to on We Hunted the Mammoth, does anyone else remember this guy>>> https://lawandcrime.com/crazy/pedophile-white-supremacist-who-once-ran-for-congress-recently-kidnapped-12-year-old-girl-deputies/

^^^Pretty sure anyone here who’s heard of Nathan Daniel Larson only heard of him because of WHTM. Maybe this time he’ll get a reasonable sentence, since this time he followed through. (An earlier crime was blatantly threatening to k*ll the Pr*sident in an email to the White House in December of 2008.)

happy cat
happy cat
11 months ago

Does he know that there are male nurses? Are they vicious control freaks too?

Crip Dyke
11 months ago

One of the easiest degrees to get?

LOL

For your practical experience you’re expected to work your ass off.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
11 months ago

Poor, poor Milo. He’s so sad. But that Santa hat makes him look downright chipper.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
11 months ago

@Nagflar : the drawback is that it mean the republican party would be replaced by something even more unhinged. I know it’s hard to envision something being worse than the current conservative, but I believe it’s actually doable.

North Sea Sparkly Dragon
North Sea Sparkly Dragon
11 months ago

Well, Milo is right for once. He is worthless, lazy, brainless, cowardly trash.

@Ohlmann
I know that’s possible, but if the GOP is taken over by infighting, that could buy us crucial time to undo damage and prevent future issues.

Alan Robertshaw

@ naglfar

The South must rise again

Isn’t Milo British?

Maybe he’s worried about glacial rebound?

During the ice age all the weight of the ice sheets pushed the north of Britain down and made southern Britain rise up; like a see-saw. Now the ice has gone, the south is sinking again. That is causing increasing flooding. So it’s a legitimate concern.

Last edited 11 months ago by Alan Robertshaw
Vic
Vic
11 months ago

I watched first-hand while my wife, who already had an undergrad degree, spent another three years getting a second one to become a nurse. Then I look at how this chucklefuck, who dropped out of one university and got expelled from another, has the cheek to say that a nursing degree is one of the easiest ones to get. Of course, if he’s that fucking stupid, no wonder he can’t quite make the connection to what he’s saying about himself… ah, the curse of arguing with the colossally self-unaware.

Ron Devious
Ron Devious
11 months ago

It couldn’t happen to a more deserving schmuck.

Well, maybe it could. We got a lot of deserving schmucks.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
11 months ago

Fair enough. The next time Milo needs to be hospitalized, he can put in his own catheter, change his own bedpan, fetch and clear away his own meals, keep track of his own medications, put in his own IV, monitor his own vitals, do his own blood draws, self-administer CPR, change his own sheets, and make his own acute health care decisions. Nobody should check in on him to see how he’s doing or offer any words of comfort. That’s Milo’s job and nobody else’s. He may suffer needlessly as a result and die all alone, but the important thing is that women won’t have made him feel inadequate.

It’s pretty hilarious watching him beg for validation from people who hate him. Does he actually think there’s a place of honor for gay men in the alt-right Confederate Trumpist utopia?

Last edited 11 months ago by Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
11 months ago

I’m pretty sure he does. He’s been told there’s a flagpole with his name on it.

Edit to add: Don’t diss nurses, Milo. Ever. Soulsavers for the sick, they are.

Last edited 11 months ago by Threp (formerly Shadowplay)

@Buttercup

I think he thinks he’ll slide by as one of the good ones, as he doesn’t realize that that will only save him temporarily.

SpecialFFrog
SpecialFFrog
11 months ago

I remember watching a presentation on the first electronic drug ordering system. The implementors assumed it would reduce prescription errors but in fact they went up. It turned out that they had removed nurses from the process with prescriptions going straight to data entry people. And apparently nurses caught a huge number of prescription errors made by doctors.

Sheila Crosby
Sheila Crosby
11 months ago

I remember hearing, a long time ago (like, maybe 1960s) that a lot of the sexual assault that nurses got from male patients was the patient feeling vulnerable and trying to regain control.
Toxic masculinity and breathtakingly selfish to make life harder for the people saving yours.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
11 months ago

I just want to give a quick, OT thank you to our host and the regulars for keeping this an ableism-free space. I was just on r/IncelTears and a poster just insulted incels by calling them ‘spergs’. And got 50 upvotes for it. And now I don’t want to go back to that sub ever again. It just made me, as an autistic person, feel unwelcome.

@LindsayIrene

I don’t use Reddit much, but I will make a point of not visiting that subreddit. I really don’t like how certain segments of the left have started using alt right insults like that one.

.45
.45

@ Lindsayirene

To be fair, some of those people may not recognize that particular insult or grasp its implications. I don’t recognize it myself, and am guessing it refers to Asperger’s?

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
11 months ago

@.45 Yes, it’s a contraction of Aspergers. And the poster knew darn well that’s what it meant.

Dalillama

@.45
I have always held that if one doesn’t know what something means, one ought not drop it into conversation.

.45
.45

*Sigh*

Seems like I can’t keep up with the Alt Right’s constant inventing of insults. On the other hand, sometimes they are unintentionally funny about it. My favorite is “Soy Boy”. It sounds so ridiculous, like it was invented by six year olds on a playground.

“My daddy can beat up your daddy!”
“Nuh-uh. You eat soy sauce and my daddy says soy sauce makes you into a girl! You’re a Soy Boy!!!”

.45
.45
11 months ago

And I think I should clarify that I meant some of the upvoters, not to imply that the poster was completely oblivious as to meaning.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@LindsayIrene, @Naglfar

Same. Extremely same.

r/JustNeckbeardThings and r/NeckbeardStories have similar stuff going on. Tons of ableism, people posting random public photos of anyone who looks “strange”, even referring to women who behave objectionably as “legbeards” which uh yikes.

I while ago I saw a friend describe how communities formed around mocking weird people on the Internet tend to slide into fascism, and… yeah. In this case maybe see also “My Feminism Will Be Intersectional Or It Will Be Bullshit.”

DrVanNostrand
DrVanNostrand

BURN THE REPUBLICAN PARTY TO THE FUCKING GROUND

Agreed

The South must rise again

Is he aware that the “New Confederacy” would be about as tolerant of homosexuality as Saudi Arabia?

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
11 months ago

Unsurprisingly, the nurses I hang out with on #MedicalTwitter have noticed Milo. They don’t really have time for his crap.

I thank my ICU nursing team every year on the anniversary of my stroke. I don’t know if I’d be here if they hadn’t put me on oxygen that first night.

Ann Hatzakis
Ann Hatzakis
11 months ago

I know far too many nurses who are loving wives and mothers…..

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
11 months ago

I get irritated by people (on both sides) who use ableist strawmen like “muh…” and “mY oPpOnENt’S aRgUMenT, in mIxED cASe” when they can’t come up with actual rebuttals. It’s not clever or effective.

@Cyborgette

That’s gross. Posting pictures of anyone who looks “strange” (by normative standards of appearance) seems like in addition to ableism, it could also easily lean into misogyny, transphobia, or racism.

And “legbeards”? Ick. I’ve never liked the phrase “neckbeard” but somehow “legbeard” manages to make it worse by adding misogyny.

This definitely is the case, though I think it could be also the reverse happening: fascists tend to like mocking people they see as “weird,” so they make these communities and/or use them as recruiting grounds or places to coordinate harassment (see: Kiwi Farms, which was originally created for the purpose of mocking an autistic trans woman, and is now used for mocking all kinds of disabled or LGBTQ+ people).

I don’t quite understand. IIRC that was a line from an essay by Flavia Dzodan that was made into a commodified slogan, but maybe I’m missing some context?

Alan Robertshaw
11 months ago

One minute ago, I stopped being European. Officially anyway; still am as far as Im concerned. It really does feel like losing a part of me though; all of a sudden I’m not part of the same gang as a load of my friends that I’ve known for decades.

Ah well; at least there’s this I suppose.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene

@Cyborgette

Makes me think of People Of Walmart, which so many people recommended as one of the funniest sites on the ‘net. It was homophobic, transphobic, classist, sexist, ableist… And it still seems to be going strong. They even have a coloring book.

Who?
Who?
11 months ago

First point: Nurses have a very streesful job and I am only talking about the pre-covidtimes.

Second (beeing a bit pedantic to Alan): You may not be part of the EU anymore, but nothing stopps you from beeing European (that geography)

Alan Robertshaw

@ who?

nothing stopps you from beeing European (that geography)

That is true; and maybe we could build that North Sea wall, get Doggerland back, and sneak back into the EU that way. It is strange how much it’s hit me though. We’re in lockdown here, so having a virtual new year. My EU friends and I are all quite sad; I’m just listening to Europop. I’ll have to get my Irish passport sorted in the new year. I’ve still gone though from being qualified in 28 countries back to one; that’s quite a demotion!

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
11 months ago

The Usenet newsgroup alt.usenet.kooks furnishes another example. In 2016, the bulk of the regulars came out as Trump supporters. It and associated groups have been dominated by flamewars between fascists and a smaller number of anti-fascists ever since.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Naglfar

I was referring to the essay but it’s been a while and I probably meant it in the commodified slogan sense I guess? But basically the idea that “feminism” that doesn’t account for other forms of oppression is a few short steps from very-not-feminism.

Full Metal Ox

@.45:

“My daddy can beat up your daddy!”

A rather likable Soy Boy (as per the brand name of his skateboard) is among the neighborhood characters in this folksy painting by James Gurney, from the July 1987 issue of National Geographic; it illustrates the myriad uses of that humble bean:

Invisible ingredient in countless products, the soybean plays an amazingly pervasive role in everyday life. Artist James Gurney included more than 60 soybean-related products in this painting, done in the style of Norman Rockwell. He not only called on neighbors and friends for models, but also portrayed himself and his wife emerging from the store, startled by a skateboarding boy carrying a cone of tofu “ice cream”; the boy’s shorts-like the tablecloth-bear a bean-pod motif.
The bags the couple carry, the store-window and sidewalk displays are replete with items that have a soybean connection
Cardboard, glues, and animal and human foods are commonplace soybean products. The sidewalk customer’s caulking, paint, wallpaper, gasoline, and the muffin he buys all owe a debt to soy-as does the bicycle tire.
The beer sign reflects the use of soy meal in the brewing process. The fire extinguisher uses soy protein in its foam. And pre-1981 National Geographics were printed on soy-lecithin-lubricated presses. The car symbolizes an experimental one built with soybean plastic by Henry Ford. The artist’s final tribute: He used soy-based paint.

@Cyborgette
Ah, that makes more sense. I thought you were saying the essay was an example of that, which confused me.

Last edited 11 months ago by Naglfar
Bina
11 months ago

Oh dear. SOMEbody’s mad that they’re not giving him free drugs.

Steph
Steph
11 months ago

I had almost forgotten he existed.

What a sad little man he is. So so so desperate for attention!

Kevin
Kevin
11 months ago

Milo seems to have both feet planted firmly in the air. I’ve seen how hard student nurses work, ate did her training after moving here, and I provided a certain amount of academic and (for want of a better word) logistical support and saw just how much effort she had to put in on placements, both on the wards and in the community. A separate issue was older nurses from the pre university training era claiming university training was ‘all theory and no practice.’ Luckily that bit of nonsense seems to have fallen by the wayside.