lying liars MGTOW misogyny Uncategorized

“When I’m around women, I pretend to be retarded,” and other tips for gracious living from the MGTOW subreddit

No one is impressed with your story, dude

Over in the MGTOW subredddit, one fellow offers up what he thinks is an ingenious strategy for dealing with demanding women.

“Do what I do,” writes deathtocontrollers.

When I’m around women, I pretend to be retarded. Once you reveal anything positive about yourself(a high level of intelligence or skills), they start nagging you to do shit for them, even if they know you aren’t a simp and they aren’t close to you. Because they know, some non simps will give in, just to avoid going insane from the nonstop nagging.

Brilliant, dude. As clever as the standard male practice of pretending not to know how to wash dishes when the time comes to wash the dishes.

Anyway, I lied when I said I’d have other tips for gracious living. I just have this one. But deathtocontrollers does have a little story to share about nagging. An allegedly TRUE STORY that couldn’t sound more fake.

A woman I knew many years ago would avoid paying taxi drivers by just nagging them nonstop with her shrill voice to lower the cost of the ride. Eventually the taxi drivers would just say she doesn’t have to pay anything to make her leave as soon as possible. Sometimes, she’d do this with a female friend and then the taxi drivers would be nagged by two different women at the same time for a discount… That kind of behavior from women should be banned by Geneva Conventions…

This story doesn’t even make a lick of sense. The only way to get this women to “leave as soon as possible” would be to drop her off before she got to her destination. But how would that be a good thing for the nagging woman? Then she has to get a second cab, or a third, or a fourth, before she even gets close to where she wants to go. Has this guy ever ridden in a taxi?

I mean, come on, dude, at least make a little effort to make your bullshit stories sound a tiny bit real. This one makes even less sense than Kramer’s pants story on Seinfeld.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Moggie
Moggie
7 days ago

Don’t you see how fiendishly brilliant this scheme is? You lie about your intended destination, then carefully calibrate your nagging so that the cabbie lets you out where you really wanted to go. Genius!

7 days ago

This definitely happened. Don’t worry, I’m sure once you reveal that you’re a MGTOW they’ll stay away.

deathtocontrollers

There are a few things this could mean, none very good.

Has this guy ever ridden in a taxi?

Probably not, they don’t seem to know much about our world.

Say, I wonder if the teen MGTOW in the other thread will chime in.

7 days ago

O/T: TERFs seem to have gone fully down the incel/blackpill path and at least one well known one is now threatening to kill themself to be a martyr against trans people.

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Naglfar
So they’re gonna weaponise our suicides and theirs?

@Bakunin
I guess that’s the plan. There is no depth to which they won’t descend.

Of course, to them when a trans person commits suicide it’s because they think being trans is a mental illness, but when a TERF commits suicide it’s because they’re a martyr.

Last edited 7 days ago by Naglfar
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
7 days ago

When I’m around women . . .

Why are you around women. You go your own way. Right?

Last edited 7 days ago by Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Jane
Jane
7 days ago

@Nagafir did that transphobe freak actually off herself, or…?

@Jane
No, she just talked about it. Really, if someone is that invested in transphobia that they plan to kill themself to be a martyr, they need serious help.

7 days ago

@naglfar : very prosaically, it’s the last possible intermediate step before suicide terror attacks against transgender. (and anyone close enough to their targets I guess).

The whole story is very pathetic (I mean, commiting suicide because you don’t want to expose the misdeed of your ideologic allies ?), but the terrorism risk isn’t.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Ohlmann

TBH I suspect it’s more the very old abuse tactic of “Engage in self-harm and then blame someone else for it.” It’s a form of “Look what you made me do!” that’s more socially acceptable for women than direct physical violence (though LOTS of abusive men do it too); and also less legally hazardous, and easier for abusers to justify to themselves.

That thing where they accuse trans people of emotional abuse for pointing out that gatekeeping increases suicide rates? Of course that’s projection.

Paireon
Paireon
7 days ago

Somehow, I don’t think most people would notice the difference between “deathtocontrollers”‘ normal behavior and his “retarded” one… Also yeah, dude don’t know ’bout taxi drivers. They’re not Travis Bickle, but most take very little shit from anyone rude, either inside their cab or outside of it. SOURCE: Am took taxi many times in past.[sic]

Also, ew. Threatening to kill yourself because you hate someone else Just That Much and hope to hurt them indirectly by such an act? Yeah, you’re just a shite human being. Really hope that if/when she does it (not hoping for it but it’s not like I got any control over her actions) she doesn’t take anyone else with her (I will admit that it’s unlikely she does given other posters’ remarks on such cases, but you never know with people that warped).

Sheila Crosby
Sheila Crosby
7 days ago

Re TERF planning suicide: She might possibly have meant to attempt suicide but not succeed. Very, very risky if she did. But yes, she sounds like her feelings were completely overwhelming her logic. It would make her feel important.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
6 days ago

Not sure the average cab driver would bat an eye at nagging, considering they have to put up with traffic, road rage, drunk people throwing up in the backseat, people trying to rob them, etc.

On the other hand, I’ve had a few cab rides where I wanted to get out early because the driver was ranting nonstop about immigrants or being inappropriate and creepy.

I would love to be a fly on the wall during this guy’s job interviews.

Schnookums Von Fancypants, Naughty Basic Horse
Schnookums Von Fancypants, Naughty Basic Horse
6 days ago

Clearly the method that deathtocontrollers is really espousing is to just have no intelligence or skills. (whining on Reddit isn’t a skill, my good man)

Lainy
Lainy

Health update

I’m slowly recovering but I’m so tired and cranky all the time because no matter how much I sleep I have no energy.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Mean
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Mean
6 days ago

OT: Evidently Trump supporters are turning on the GOP in Georgia, threatening to boycott the runoff election there. And turning on Fox News for daring to call Arizona for Biden early, thus costing Trump that state and the election.

Also this Twitter thread here, in case folks can’t read the Newsweek article for some reason.

@Redsilkphoenix
As for boycotting the election, I’ve also heard that some want to write in Donald Trump because they don’t know the difference between senate and presidential elections. I think we should wholeheartedly encourage this.

6 days ago

The first time I heard of that Trump vote-in, it was a troll trying to take Trump voter for more stupid than they are.

He failed, mostly because apparently they are that stupid.

@Ohlmann
Poe’s Law strikes again. I very much hope that many GA Republican voters do so, it’ll split the conservative vote and make the Democrat candidate more likely to win.

6 days ago

On the short term, that’s a good thing.

On the long term… Maybe it’s still a good thing. I am less sure of that, because it’s the radicalization of the tea party/Trump party. That would pretty much be an unstable barrel of nitroglycerine, but maybe defusing that barrel is easier than dealing with the apparently polite, but still more or less opently assholish, republican that they replace.

@Ohlmann

I am not an expert on the specifics of the situation in GA, but I think it’s better to stop what we can now rather than waiting for the future. Fascism doesn’t go away when you ignore it, and now that the GOP is all in on fascism it’s important to stop them however we can.

Tohka
Tohka
6 days ago

Will it take a collaborative effort of everyone on every platform to tell mgtows to go their own way and far away from any woman? They always say they are but every day you read that they’re still around women, still working with women, still have women living in their heads rent free for years.

Almost like they hate being mgtows because they didn’t choose go their own way, they were forced to for being so unpleasant, bigoted, and awful to be around. Hm

Other topic: it’s not surprising that trump’s cult is finally turning on the GOP. Let them fight each other. It was bound to happen since hate and fear is all they preach. Anything that’s not trump or praising him shouldn’t exist according to the cult. The proud boys already turned on their token minority members because they were tired of lying about being inclusive for mainstream media. They’re full white supremacists now. Minority conservative voices would be next like Candance O and Ben Shapiro. They don’t want black people or jews no matter if they say the right things. They want a full white ethnostate. Tbh, I have no idea what happens next or if this can repaired.

6 days ago

Removing them is what I call “defusing”. It’s vastly harder than just preventing them from taking power. Because while they are structurally a minority (so they rely on things like electoral college and intimidation to try to get power), convincing them that they have been bamboozled and misled isn’t the easiest of things.

Dunno if the radicalization of the Republicans is the unavoidable consequence of their slide into irrelevance, but that’s a real problem.

Robert
Robert
6 days ago

OT, but I just learned this interesting Paleolithic fact.

Studies of Aurignacian sites from Ice Age Europe (roughly 35KYA) have shown that, although mammoths were plentiful, the primary prey animals of human hunters were reindeer (Western Europe) and horses (Eastern Europe). Very few mammoths or woolly rhinoceroses were actually hunted.

The moar you know!

@Robert
That makes sense. Mammoth are larger and likely harder to kill, so it would be logical to hunt smaller animals.

6 days ago

That make sense given both the relative low number of human per tribe and the relatively low technology at the time. Also, their extinction is a bit later than that, toward ~12.000 or ~10.000, or at the start of neolithic, which might have something to do.

(not necessarily hunting, since humans are well known to make species extinct simply because they are problematic for their rows of tomatoes and peppers)

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
5 days ago

There are some groups in the far north of Europe that still hunt or herd reindeer. Finland’s Sami, Russia’s Nenets, and others. One must wonder if they can trace their lifestyle, and line of descent, all the way back to those people 35,000 years ago. The descendants who kept the lifestyle would have had to slowly migrate north as the ice retreated, so would have ended up right where the Sami and Nenets are now.

Which is “threatened by climate change”. If the ice retreats all the way up into the Arctic Sea and the northern European tundra melts, they’ve nowhere left to go, and a 35,000 year heritage may come to an end.

Dalillama

@Ohlmann

convincing them that they have been bamboozled and misled

is impossible, because they haven’t been. They know perfectly well what they’re voting for, and that’s what they want.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
5 days ago

Saw this article recently about a Missouri county health official who’s literally been stalked by people:

We hired 10 contact tracers to track the spread, starting in August, but the real problem we keep running into is community cooperation. We call everyone that’s had a positive test and say: “Hey, this is your local health department. We’re trying to interrupt disease transmission, and we’d love your help.” It’s nothing new. We do the same thing for measles, mumps, and tick-borne diseases, and I’d say 99 percent of the time before covid, people were receptive. They wanted to stop an outbreak, but now it’s all politicized. Every time you get on the phone, you’re hoping you don’t get cussed at. Probably half of the people we call are skeptical or combative. They refuse to talk. They deny their own positive test results. They hang up. They say they’re going to hire a lawyer. They give you fake people they’ve spent time with and fake numbers. They lie and tell you they’re quarantining alone at home, but then in the background you can hear the beeping of a scanner at Walmart.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
5 days ago

More on topic, is anybody else getting a Holden Caulfield vibe from this? “I thought what I’d do was, I’d pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn’t have to have any goddam stupid useless conversations with anybody.”

5 days ago

@Dalillama : that’s utter bollocks. Why talking if you don’t know anything about them ?

Ah. Yes. Because it reinsure yourself about your belief, the same way they say that mexicans are born rapists and that the elites hide a child trafficking ring where they kill and extract recreational drugs from the corpses at the end. In some way, you’re a comfortable view : you talk exactly like my cousin, just about a different minority.

If anything, they want the fabled nazi efficiency where trains turn at time and laws are applied swiftly. Darkly, with Trump, they got the actual nazi efficiency, where half the energy is used to enrich officials and even the things dear to the Conducatore Trump aren’t done because it’s too much effort.

But there’s also the fact that they vote to remove the thing that block their dreams. They have been bamboozled into thinking that that thing is a convenient scapegoat when in fact it’s quite often themselves. (also the corporate overlords friend of them). Sure, it’s a very convenient illusion for them as much as for the Trumpist. It’s still a con. You act like people cannot be miserable hatefuls fucks *and* conned at the same time.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
5 days ago

To all girls thinking about cutting hair short. PLEASE DON’T people will laugh at you or talk behind your back.

I was going to get my pandemic hairstyle cut short. But now that you’ve alerted me to the dangers involved — mockery! gossip! — I won’t. Thanks for taking the time to educate us women.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

Oops! Wrong conversation.

Makroth
Makroth

@Ohlmann

I’m quite certain Dalilama does know quite a lot about them. Likely more than you do. They hardly bother to hide their motivations. I really think you underestimate people’s desire to hurt people that are different from them. You underestimate the power of malice.

What is the reverse of Hanlon’s Razor? Because that’s how i see them.

Alexis Perron
Alexis Perron
5 days ago

My thoughts on the “Intentional Malice VS Gullible Stupidity” in the thread right now:

Por qué no los dos?

(DISCLAIMER: My Spanish is rather limited and I don’t know how to do the flipped question mark at the beginning of a phrase with my keyboard setup…)

Some Chick
Some Chick
5 days ago

Again, I have to know if these …people…have ever talked to a real human ever.
Also, I highly doubt anyone, male, female, or nonbinary, would spend anymore time around this jackass more than absolutely necessary. No one is ever asking this idiot for anything ever.
Ooo, do you think that’s why he came up with this story? Assuming he has co-workers, none of them will interact with him more than they need to. So he made this back story to justify why no one will talk to him?

Dalillama

@Ohlmann
You know what, mate? Fuck your ignorant mealymouthed bullshit too. You haven’t spent your whole fucking life listening to these fuckers talk about how you should be lobotomized for the good of society. You didn’t hear them laugh and gloat while your community died of a horrible plague. You don’t have to hear your cousin wish that he would grow up white like his mom so he could go back to America someday without being arrested or killed. You never had to worry about a loved one on federal jail for begging for his people’s lives, you haven’t been beaten and gassed every time you dare to demand better. You don’t walk among people who think you’re one of them and tell you how happy they are about the mass murders being done in your name, or how much the victims deserve it. You know nothing about oppression and you have the fucking nerve to call me a bigot for pointing out that conservatives want to kill me and everyone I love, and openly fucking gloat about it. You really are the most repulsive quisling I think it’s ever been my misfortune to speak to.

Last edited 5 days ago by Dalillama
Dalillama

@Ohlmann
Addendum: you really need to stop conflating a political position with an ethnic background, because it’s a bad look, and also staggeringly fucking racist.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna

Robert:

Ohlmann:

Surplus:

Well, technically all modern humans have a lifestyle, culture and genetic heritage that have evolved directly from precursors 35,000 years ago.

Ice age mammoth steppe was somewhat unusual as a human habitat, with an abundance of large grazing animals and a cold climate that more or less forced people to rely on hunting those large grazing animals (reindeer or anything else over 50 kg count as “megafauna”). In warmer areas, people would usually live mostly on plant foods and small animals. That said, while people in late paleolithic times became increasingly effective at big game hunting, there was also a gradual revolution in trapping and fishing technologies. All of this allowed humans to expand into living in cold areas in the first place. In coastal cold areas, people increasingly specialized in hunting anything aquatic from fish to whales.

In recent history, the best analogue for Aurignacian Europe would have been the people of interior arctic/subarctic North America. In interior northern Eurasia, people had mostly shifted from a hunting/fishing economy and stone tools to a herding/fishing economy and iron tools over the last couple millennia. Before that, there was a gradual degradation of northern megafauna, probably due to a combination of overhunting and less favorable climate after the ice age ended. People still routinely hunted moose and reindeer/caribou, but were more reliant on fishing and small game, and obviously there was no mammoth or rhino to hunt any more. In modern era, arctic indigenous hunting/fishing/herding traditions have evolved to use modern technology, while the people mostly rely on global economy for living, all while the people try to adapt to the effects of colonization and climate change.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna

Another thing off topic:

Since the longtime US sex positive activist Betty Dodson died recently, there was a Finnish article on her career and the “bodysex workshop” she invented:

Naisen seksuaalisuuden guru Betty Dodson opetti tuhannet naiset masturboimaan: “Jokainen orgasmi parantaa maailmaa” | Yle Uutiset | yle.fi

The other woman pictured in that story is Finnish sexologist Veera Uusoksa, who was recently certified as the first Finn to run these workshops consisting of women’s nude group bodytalk and group masturbation.

Since I haven’t avoided noticing the recent US kertuffle over some guy who was caught masturbating at a Zoom work meeting, I was amused by this mention in the article:

Betty Dodson’s ideological impact and personal charisma is witnessed by how bodysex instructors across the world honor the memory of their late guru:

“We have a virtual wank circle over at Zoom on Sundays”, Veera Uusoksa reports.

Alan Robertshaw

@ lumipuna

“We have a virtual wank circle over at Zoom on Sundays”, Veera Uusoksa reports.

“Although one weirdo keeps trying to submit New Yorker articles.”

Lumipuna
Lumipuna

Alan – Oh, snap.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
4 days ago

The MAGA meltdown over today’s GSA announcement is quite a thing.

ETA Naglfar already posted in the other thread, but it’s worth mocking it twice!

Last edited 4 days ago by weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
Lainy
Lainy
4 days ago

@wwth

I read that as NASA and maga and my sick brain was really confused for a bit

Dalillama
3 days ago

@Ohlmann
What, nothing to say for yourself now, you pusillanimous pissant?