ben shapiro candace owens cultural marxism gender policing toxic masculinity

Ben Shapiro and Candace Owens lose it over Harry Styles in a dress

When Harry Styles agreed to model a series of dresses and skirts for a Vogue cover shoot, he knew it would stir up controversy. He probably didn’t think he was going to be blamed for undermining civilization itself. But that’s what some right-wing opinion-havers would have you believe.

“Blexit” leader Candace Owens started the brouhaha with this melodramatic tweet:

She followed up with a swipe at feminism:

It wasn’t long until fast-talking dunderhead Ben Shapiro decided to chime in.

But Ben wasn’t content to simply share a couple of tweets on the issue, and so he took it to his podcast today, delivering a nearly half-hour rant on the subject, interrupted only by Shapiro reading out ads for luxury bedsheets and his publication the Daily Wire.

He began by not-so-subtly suggesting that men wearing dresses might deserve a punch in the mouth, and followed with a rambling, repetitive rant taking on what he, likes Owens, sees as a dire threat to western civilization: men in “floofy” frocks.

This excerpt will give you some of the flavor of the thing:

But Shapiro wasn’t just annoyed; he presented himself as a noble guardian of civilization fighting off the cross-dressing barbarians.

“This stuff matters,” he declared.

It matters. Because these are fundamental ideas for the preservation of civilization. Boys and girls are different. Boys and girls are different. And it’s important to inculcate in your children that boys and girls are different. And any parents who fail to inculcate in a boy that manliness is a good thing, and that responsible manliness helped build civilizations … any parent that does not teach their girls that femininity, meaning the protection of hearth and home in a different way than masculinity, is a good thing. Any parent that doesn’t teach their girls that is not doing their kid any favors. They’re undermining the civilizational compact that men and women [have], based on biology and in every human culture.

Dude, it’s just a man in a dress. Cis male musicians have been donning dresses for decades — from David Bowie to Kurt Cobain — and somehow civilization hasn’t come tumbling down.

But Shapiro thinks this is a Very Important Topic.

We shouldn’t be shy about discussing these issuesl the left certainly isn’t shy about discussing these issues. They’ll put these [ideas] in public schools, they’ll tell your kindergartener that real men wear dresses. And then you’ll be explaining to a five year old that real men don’t wear dresses. And I don’t feel that’s an acceptable ramification of our cultural discussion.

I really don’t think there’s much discussion of cross-dressing in kindergarten.

Shapiro throws in a weird racial aside:

Harry Styles is a free man, living in a western country, in a west by the way that is defended by white masculine men, as a general rule.

Shapiro insists he has nothing against Harry Styles. It’s just that when Styles puts on a dress he is TEARING APART THE VERY FABRIC OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION

I’m not saying don’t pick up his CDs; I’m not saying don’t listen to his music; I’m not saying don’t watch the movies he’s in. All I’m saying is that when you put out an argument that men ought to act like women and that this is a good thing you’re doing something that tears at the fabric of not only civilization but family and the fabric of childrearing and everybody with half a brain knows this.

Again, Ben, it’s just a man in a dress, a playful tweak of conventional notions of masculinity. How fragile is masculinity — how fragile is civilization itself — if it can be brought to its knees by a handful of pictures of a man in a dress?

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

2 months ago

@Lainy

There is something wrong with this child and i don’t know if it’s problems in his home or because he’s in the brainwash stew.

I don’t know either, so for now it’s probably best if we don’t get involved with his parents.

2 months ago

@Naglfar

When you say adress do you mean like his home adress? like this child put up his adress to where he lives on the internet?

2 months ago

@Lainy

It’s on the contact page of his blog. There’s also an email and a phone number. I can’t be certain if the address is his, but I would assume so. He really shouldn’t have done that.

2 months ago

@Naglfar

Jesus this kid is stupid, are they not teaching internet safety to kids anymore? its been well over 10 years since i was in elementary school.

2 months ago

@Lainy
It’s probably part of how he thinks he’s an adult now and doesn’t feel like listening to safety recommendations.

2 months ago

@Naglfar

And the kid’s voice has probably just started to break and he thinks that one chest hair makes him a “man” jesus, the poison of the youth.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette
2 months ago

@Naglfar

Oh wow, I missed that. Good catch.

@Eric

who spends their time speculating about a child?

People who are worried. You’ve gotten yourself into some dangerous stuff.

Also you must have a lot of hate in your heart if you were throwing insults and gotchas at me when you thought I was an adult yet accused my parents of literal child abuse because I am MGTOW.

I didn’t accuse anyone of anything. I said it was a possibility.

He just is pretending to be gay because it is trendy right now.

Biphobia much?

Also how is communicating with MGTOWs on par with rape

You are a young boy getting yourself involved with older men online. The Internet can be a dangerous place. You do not know what you are doing.

Also on a serious note I have had to password protect my contact page because of you threatening to dox me!

It’s good that you don’t have your address up anymore, but no one threatened to dox you.

@ eric

Child, shut up and take your adress off the page before someone hurts you. Jesus Christ on a cross, kid. You are a level of cringe I’m glad i wasn’t. Good luck with puberty, hopefully you come out of it unharmed from the dumbass things you are already doing.

1 month ago

That’s not how doxing works. When you put your real name and real address up on a website, you’ve doxed yourself.

@eric

Also i wouldn’t dox, I’m concerned of someone hurting. Not like someone doxing you. someone coming to your home and hurting you. You are a child that is starting to bloom into adulthood. I’m glad you know your gay, but your also being a bully. You can be gay and be a bully. I haven’t watched any of your shit kid because I don’t care. I’m also not straight, surprises surprises.

@Policy of madness

By doxing I think this kid really means that Naglfar expressed concerned and asked if she should tell this boy mommy and daddy what he’s been up to and that scared him because his actions and bullying might actually get him in trouble with his authority figures.

@Lainy

Yes, I think that’s what he meant. I didn’t do that, but even if I did it wouldn’t be doxxing. It’s probably good that he password protected the page, but really he shouldn’t have put that up in the first place.

I haven’t watched any of the videos either because they’re all really long and I have better things to do with my time.

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar

@nagflar

Yeah cause even if the kid parents don’t care about all the women hating, they probably care about him being groomed by adult men and then also care that their child stupidly put up their home address on the internet and there for putting everyone in that house endanger because he thinks he’s all grown up and doesn’t understand how consequences for his actions work yet.

@Lainy

You’re probably correct, but that’s not what doxing is.

@Policy of madness

He’s a 12 year boy, he doesn’t understand how anything works in the real world yet.

@Lainy

Yes, but that’s more reason to correct his incorrect use of terms, not less.

Viscaria, purveyor of briny slattern wine
Viscaria, purveyor of briny slattern wine
1 month ago

I’ve sent David an email. I’m just really uncomfortable with allowing a child to post his info so publicly where so many people are going to see it.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 month ago

@PoM and Lainy – It’s the same phenomenon where calling attention to racism is somehow itself racism, according to the person being called out.

@Naglfar @Lainy @Cyborgette who spends their time speculating about a child?

So you’re a man when it comes to blogging about how the world works and how it’s all the fault of women, but a child as soon as someone calls you on it? Pick a lane.

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants

He can’t pick a lane, he’s to young to drive lol.

@Eric

I am saying they are hypocrites. I have always admited I was a child.

In that case, how can you be a Man Going Their Own Way? Wouldn’t that require being a man?

Did you assume my gender?

One joke. Every time.

@Eric

yes feminists its indeed a globe not a disc like you claim it is

Idk where you’re getting your ideas, but I’ve never met a flat earther who was a feminist. Is this a 4chan meme or something?

we will win

You’re not doing much winning lately.

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar

@Eric

men(from any age 0 to 99)

Sorry, but to be a man you must be an adult. No one is born an adult.

Choosing your own path, with your own ownership and assets.

Evidently for you that path is “random blog comment sections”

NOT hating women.

Interesting that you’re the self-proclaimed “Leader of The Peoples Republic of Misogynea,” then. Do you know what “misogyny” means?

Re-enforcements are coming in and Igor MGTOW is already commmenting you just dont see it now

Oh no, I’m terrified that another child will write words on the Internet! Aaah!

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar
1 month ago

Choosing your own path, with your own ownership and assets. NOT hating women.

Talk more about your path and less about women, and I might believe that. No MGTOW forum ever focuses on the alleged path. The laser focus is always on women, and how they suck.

@Eric

Do you know what trolling means.

Yes, and you’re not very good at it.

1 month ago

Do you know what trolling means.

Oh no. A troll has joined the discussion. Whatever shall we do.

If you think we didn’t know you were a troll from the jump, you’re too undeveloped to do it properly.

@Eric

Nobody talks about hating women other than SecyMGTOW.

I have no idea who any of these people are, but you are free to peruse the blog’s archives on MGTOWs to see lots of hating women.

1 month ago

No MGTOW talks about hating women other than SecyMGTOW.

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH okay, that genuinely made me laugh.

@Eric

We are already one step ahead of you in our discord servers we are discussing technology and how to invent it

And what technologies would those be?

and also talking about our new plans to troll websites like yours

I’m positively quaking with fear. /s
Out of curiosity, how is that “going your own way”?

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar
1 month ago

we are discussing technology and how to invent it

We all know that the most amazing technology comes from Discord servers.

and also talking about our new plans to troll websites like yours

new plans

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH again you make me literally laugh. You should go into comedy when you grow up, you have a natural talent for it.

@Eric

don’t patronize me. My goals are beyond your understanding.

Your big man-brain man-smart smart man goals?

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
1 month ago

Do you know what trolling means.

Yeah.

Now go bug a meat person for attention.

1 month ago

don’t patronize me. My goals are beyond your understanding.

You’re right. I genuinely do not understand why MGTOWs don’t simply go their own way already, but instead spend all their time seething about women and trolling feminists and just generally letting women live rent-free in their heads. I certainly don’t think about MGTOWs nearly as much as they think about me. Basically once I close this tab in my browser, MGTOWs fly directly out of my mind, in favor of things I enjoy, but MGTOWs think, talk, obsess constantly about women.

It’s a very toxic thing, thinking constantly about the things one hates. If you hate women so much, just let them go. Go your own way. Nobody will miss you.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Naglfar

And what technologies would those be?

Oh, they’re super secret! They involve a tree house, and lots of water balloons. And enemies. You always have to have enemies.

@Eric

thats partially true. We are having a Mr.Beast hide and seek challenge between MGTOWs and Anti-MGTOWs and if they lost they have to say MGTOW is the best for 10 hours.

That’s cute. Just be very careful to social distance and wear masks, there’s a pandemic going on.

But that’s not what we meant by technologies.

Do you mean seekrit spy supplies and c0d3z?

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar

@eric

Your putting yourself, your sister, your family endanger, is that what means to be a man to you? And no i didn’t assume your gender, you told us that you identify as a male. You’re a ifunny user aren’t you.

1 month ago

a man is someone with a masculine identity. That was a misogynistic assumption for someone who says gender is a “social construct”.

CHECKMATE FEMINISTS. YOU’VE CERTAINLY NEVER HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE.

@Eric,

You’re annoying little kid. Most 12 year old to teenagers are. But your putting yourself at risk and it makes me nervous because your a child and you’re vulnerable. I don’t care what you do. I don’t care if your a boy, if your gay, I think it’s shitty that your an annoying little bully. But the only thing I want is for you to be safe. Adults will hurt you. And you’ve made it easier for them to hurt you. Stop using your name, stop posting your home address, maybe focus on trying to kiss another 12 year old boy instead of being an annoying little shit. Because I’m an adult, you are the child, you aren’t my child but I teach and take care of kids your age for my job. You deserve to be safe, the world isn’t going to give you that freely. Not all adults are going to try to protect you. Luckily the ones here will. So stop making it easier for those to hurt you and your sister and your family. Do not put personal information like that out online. Do not link to that information. Do not put things out there that employers are going to be able to look up with your names down the road and say we’re not going to hire this person because he’s going to treat the female staff like shit. Be a kid and try to be safe.

@Eric

a man is someone with a masculine identity.

False. A man is a masculine identity, but not all masculine identified people are men (see: masculine-aligned non-binary people, butches, some trans mascs, etc)

How is it misogynistic? You call yourself a “man going their own way”

@eric

No you dumbass kid. A man is someone who calls themselves a man. A boy is someone who calls themselves a boy. You called yourself a boy. You called yourself a man. You self identified. Nice try though. Good luck with puberty.

1 month ago

Oh no! A 12 year old called me a TERF. Whatever shall I do. Someone please get my fainting couch and the smelling salts.

@eric

you know what kid whatever. Maybe i will send a letter to your mommy letting her know what you’ve been up to.

@Eric

I am the 12 year old Milo Yiannopoulos.

So you’re banned from all of social media and millions in debt?

The land of make believe!

I’m sure my butch and non-binary friends will be devastated to know a 12 year old thinks they don’t exist.

You don’t even know my adress.

A word of advice: once you’ve put something on the Internet, it’s there forever. You shouldn’t put your address online for this reason.

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar

@eric

my good friend Naglfar does though.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
1 month ago

Er, no, that would be cissexist, not misogynistic. Look, kid, you’re out of your depth. You left the kiddie pool and dived into the deep end and now you’re flailing.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
1 month ago

It really breaks my heart that a minor is doing the same jokes that angry boomers on Facebook do. Even I was cooler when I was 12.

did you write it down

No, that would be wrong of me. I just know that what is posted on the internet never really goes away, given the existence of caching and web archives.

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar

@eric

Lol why would you suffer? would you get grounded if mommy knows what your up to? would you be ashamed if your mom is disappointed in you? Do you know your doing something wrong that should be punished? Would you be upset if your family knew what you’ve been up to and they give you a lecture and tell you how disappointed they are in you?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Eric

I am the 12 year old Milo Yiannopoulos.

Your ambition is to get banned from all the major platforms and end up $2 million in debt?

Find a better role model. Alt-right supervillains are so 2015.

@Eric

boomer is an ageist slur.

Nice try.

@Buttercup

If this is his current trajectory, it’s probably doable.

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar