foids incels misogyny self-hatred

Incel: “The only way to defeat women is to lie down and rot”

Incels. Even when they’re not saying utterly reprehensible things — like demanding that women be turned into sex slaves for them, or blaming the Jews for their own sexual and romantic failures — they can still be a bit, well, much.

Consider this fellow, who thinks he’s figured out the perfect way to stick it to women: wallowing in his own misery.

“The ONLY way to defeat women is to give up and LDAR [Lie Down and Rot],” declares fyvefhour in a post on Incels.co.

Retards on red pill forums and black pill (non incel) looksmax forums are retarded. Women WANT you to self improve. Theyre the driving evolutionary force. The only way to defeat the unstoppable force is to be the unmovable object. Men who are truely against women and want to defeat nature will flat out LDAR. Doing absolutely nothing is what women hate the most, or in a sense, TRUE MGTOW defeats foid nature

Yeah, you’ve really showed ’em, huh?

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Naglfar
Naglfar
17 days ago

Women WANT you to self improve.

At the very least, I’d like them to stop going on rampages and stop blaming women for all their problems.

Men who are truely against women and want to defeat nature will flat out LDAR.

Please. By all means. At least then they’re not shooting or running over people.

Nequam
Nequam
17 days ago

Rotting? Turning into compost that can be used to nuture beautiful and useful plants?

Don’t threaten me with a good time!

freneticferret
freneticferret
17 days ago

Look at this brave dude stalwartly refusing to enjoy his life. Truly the females will regret having crossed him.

Crip Dyke
17 days ago

175 degree water, a bit of lye, & we can make that a wonderful process for you, fyvefhour.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)

Dude?

Wash your fucking sheets already!

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie
17 days ago

You know, I’m not normally given to any praise in regards to the latest Incel rants, but…

This is truly elegant. It solves everyone’s problems. Women don’t have to deal with them, “Chads” don’t have to deal with them, I (who an example of neither) don’t have to deal with them.

Simple, artful decay in a corner, returning to the earth, becoming one with the soil. Hell, so many incel screeds are about how they are somehow both worthless and entitled (Or entitled because they are worthless, incel genetic theory is confusing…) and this both solves the entitlement problem– by refusing the object of entitlement– and the worthlessness problem– by becoming useful organic fertilizer.

Yeah. That’s probably not what the writer means. But it’s how I happily choose to interpret it.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
17 days ago

“What if we reinvented MGTOW, but without any pretense that it’s about enjoying life?”

Crip Dyke
17 days ago

Oh, joy! The most important technology story of 2020 is also relevant to this WHTM post!

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
17 days ago

The ONLY way to defeat women is to give up and LDAR [Lie Down and Rot].

Dude, I must admire your genius. At the same time, I’m gnashing my teeth because you figured out how to defeat us. This is a sad, sad day for women.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
17 days ago

@Crip Dyke: Wow… That was brutal. And hilarious.

rv97
rv97
17 days ago

His plans will fail to even spite women, the more they realize and internalize the fact that they don’t need men.

I would think him convincing people in power that women need men (and making same sex relationships and abortion illegal, and giving significant tax breaks for married heterosexual couples with children) is enough to spite them.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Lumipuna

So, MGTOW but a little more honest?

Moggie
Moggie
17 days ago

So, when Apple say that the iPad Pro has a LiDAR scanner, this is what it’s for?

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
17 days ago

When you advocate your “lie down and rot” lifestyle as a form of political resistance by “being the unmovable object”, my mental interpretation of it is “be the kind of trash nobody wants to take out”.

LeeshaJoy
LeeshaJoy
17 days ago

Why is so much of alt-right ideology about going to farcical lengths in order to “win” a game that your opponent isn’t even playing?

Naglfar
Naglfar

@LeeshaJoy

I think it’s because they can only visualize the world in zero-sum terms, so they make up a bunch of “games” that have clear winners and losers and project them onto the world to fit their model. It simplifies the world for them, though it is a very harsh worldview and one I would never advise.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it
16 days ago

Whoops…I just posted my comment on a 2 year old post.

I’m wondering if this is a troll. Incels can’t be that far gone, can they? I do see some disagreement in the thread. Somebody says, “That’s what women want us to do” and “Women won’t give a fuck”

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
16 days ago

Whoops…I just posted my comment on a 2 year old post.

Archive wandering is somewhat addictive, isn’t it? 😀

Last edited 16 days ago by Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Bluecat
Bluecat

Well.

OK then.

At least they might be biodegradable.

francis
francis
16 days ago

“Going to extreme lengths win a game your enemy isnt playing”
there shuld be a word for that in an updated version of the meaning of liff

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it
16 days ago

@Threp: The entire internet is addictive for me. There are times I wish the internet had never become popular with the general public, and had remained a military communications tool. I used to get so much more done, pre internet!

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@Naglfar

So, MGTOW but a little more honest?

No, probably just reaching the “why don’t I just lie down and die, then?!” stage of the tantrum.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it
16 days ago

WARNING : Off-topic pre-internet nostalgia.

I don’t know if other countries had anything similar, but in the US during the 1970s, the two big-box department stores, Sears and JC Penney, used to publish 2 huge, phone book sized catalogs each year. As I remember, one for fall/winter, the other for spring/summer. Then, there was the somewhat smaller Christmas catalog, heavy on the toys😀. As children, my sister and I really looked forward to getting these catalogs in the mail. I remember my mother saying to me, “Dormousing, you’ve had the JC Penney catalog long enough; let your sister look at it now.”

I miss those days😐. I imagine that younger people would probably roll their eyes at the very idea, that something as mundane as a catalog from a middle-of-the-road department store was so appreciated.

Alan Robertshaw
16 days ago

This popped up on my Facebook. Though people here might appreciate.

comment image

Tohka
Tohka

@Dormousing_it
I believe many of them are just too radicalized now. Many of these groups are like this just because women aren’t “in their place” anymore; they hate that women are people and have the ability to say no. It’s difficult to break free that since these groups offer a space to build connections with.
But imagine if all mgtows and incels just left the internet entirely to “protest” and never thought about women again.

Elle
Elle
16 days ago

I find it bizarre that they admitted women are terrible because they want them to be better people.

Daughter
Daughter

@francis

“Going to extreme lengths win a game your enemy isnt playing”
there shuld be a word for that in an updated version of the meaning of liff”

Schadenspielen?

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it
16 days ago

@Alan Robertshaw: Heh. How about molten Legos?

@Tohka: The men’s studies professor, Michael Kimmel, said in one of his books that online places like the incels forum are places where men can go to blow off steam. I think they’ve become much more than that.

tessarion
tessarion
16 days ago

Speaking as a trans person, reading incels complain about their “destroyed youth” in that sex slaves thread is really rich.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Dormousing_it

I used to get so much more done, pre internet!

The internet has been around my whole life, but I definitely concur that I am more productive when it’s temporarily out of reach of my current task. This last week I’ve gotten virtually nothing done because I’ve been following election stuff online.

In my household there was sort of an opposite effect. Since the Internet existed when I was growing up, catalogs were less common so whenever we received one my sister and I would get very excited. We almost never bought anything from them because most of it was stuff we didn’t need anyway and was overpriced, but it was an occasion nonetheless.

The men’s studies professor, Michael Kimmel

Is men’s studies a corollary to women’s studies, or is it a class for MRAs that confirms all their misogynistic garbage to them? I’m not sure.

@Tohka

Like if they finally decided to…wait for it…go their own way? I’d be glad, wouldn’t miss them at all. Of course, they’d probably last 5 minutes max before running back to Reddit.

O/T: TERFs are upset that Joe Biden got elected because he’s not transphobic enough. That was to be expected, however, at least one seems to be confused as to why her bigoted friends are pro Trump. Big “are we the baddies” energy.

Last edited 16 days ago by Naglfar
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
16 days ago

Amazon sends us a thick holiday toy catalog every year and my kids are riveted. They pore over it for days, dog-earing pages and marking things with Post-It notes. Of course, practically everything in there costs a lot of money and/or will break within two hours, but as I tell them, “it’s free to want”.

The only way to defeat the unstoppable force is to be the unmovable object.

Except that women aren’t your mom, and life isn’t the candy aisle in the grocery store. Women will just step around your squalling, supine form and move on.

I love how, when they make up games, “winning” the game invariably consists of the low-effort thing they were going to do anyway.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Dormousing It,

I used to love looking at catalogs as a kid in the late 80’s/early 90’s. For me Spiegel was the main one. Once I was done looking at the clothes, I’d cut out the pictures to use as paper dolls.

I also enjoyed the Swiss Colony catalogs that had all the gift sets of meats, cheeses, and petit fours. I used to try to get my parents to order from them, but they never would. I found out they still exist and I’m tempted to order a cheese log or something just because now that I have my own money, I can finally achieve my childhood wish!

Lillian Vernon catalogs were also fun!

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
16 days ago

Ahh, I remember the Sears catalogue, all right. And the Eaton’s catalogue, which would have been more Canada-specific, though Eaton’s is long since gone. Eaton’s pretty much shot itself in the foot by trying to be a boutique department store, at a time when the actual boutiques were gaining in popularity and Wal*Mart was hollowing out the department store ground beneath it.

I still find it so annoying that Sears with its catalogue and delivery infrastructure, which could easily have switched over to an internet setup and become what Amazon is now while Amazon itself was still a bookstore, just so utterly missed the boat.

(The Yorkdale Mall in Toronto used to have all three of Eaton’s, Sears, and The Bay in the same mall at once. Then Eaton’s went under and what was left of it got bought out by Sears. Then more recently Sears went under, just after a new extension was built to the Mall. The Bay is still there, and isn’t showing signs of going anywhere yet, but the rest of the big spaces have been broken down for other stores like Uniqlo and one of the first Nordstrom’s in Canada. And yes, ‘The Bay’ is the same Hudson’s Bay Company that just hit its 350th anniversary this year.)

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

@Dormousing_it
Me too. I used to love the Sears catalog. I still have fond memories of the burnt-orange midi-length trench coat I bought there (at their boutique-style Lemon Frog Shop) when I was 16, along with the multicolored striped scarf. Sigh. No, burnt orange didn’t look good on me. Some things take time to find out.

Elizabeth Warren recounts the story about how her family was about to lose their house because her dad became disabled, and her 50-year-old mother with no job experience finally walked to Sears in her good dress and high heels, got a minimum-wage job, and saved the house — the point being that the minimum wage used to be worth a lot more.

Lizzie
Lizzie
16 days ago

In England in the sixties, the Brian Mills catalogues arrived four times a year – when the new one arrived my sisters and I were allowed to cut up the previous one for collages, decorating shoeboxes, telling stories, and so on. I remember them fondly – the winter one was the best, and our Christmas slippers and pajamas were usually ordered from the catalogue. I can remember cutting out pictures of dinner services and glassware for my sister’s dollhouse.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
16 days ago

Christmas hamper catalogues and seed catalogues were the two biggies for me and my sister.

We were odd children. 😛

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
15 days ago

Dude, what we really want you to do is stop harming us!

And honestly, if you lie down and rot, that will accomplish this purpose. Plus I have a fairly extensive indoor garden that could use the nutrients. You are not worthless to my bonsais.

Hambeast
Hambeast
15 days ago

Oh! Catalogs!?! I have been an catalog maven my whole life. The only catalog we got when I was growing up that didn’t interest me was the J.C. Whitney catalog (auto parts with tiny pictures).

When the mail came, I would whisk all the catalogs off to my room and pore over them for hours. My mom learned to just roll with it as long as I brought them back unharmed eventually.

Catalogs were a lifeline to the States when I was stationed overseas. I finally even ordered from the Fiji’s (or was it Swiss Colony?) catalog while I was in Turkey because I was jonesing for some cheese (which wasn’t a thing in Turkey and we didn’t have a commissary) and it was oh, so good! I also tried the petit fours, which I always wanted but never got as a child, but they were sort of meh.

I had a job for a while in the early 90s with a company that did overflow and after-hours phone orders for a bunch of catalog companies. Which meant I got PAID to look at catalogs! Third best job ever.

I don’t get as many catalogs as I used to, which I find sad. The only upside is that I’ve finally escaped the bad karma from the poor mail carriers I plagued over the years.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
15 days ago

Omg, catalogs? I loved catalogs as a kid, and my parents used to get some really new-agey ones that had things like crystals and meditation tapes and that kind of stuff. I can’t remember what they were. My parents barely looked at them so I used to cut them up and use the pictures to make things for my dolls.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Threp

We were odd children.

I still get a seed catalogue every year and I love that thing to death. So many things to grow! Pink bananas! Cassabanana melocoton! 200 types of berries I never heard of! What’s that? It grows up to 1 zone from here? I’m suuuuuure it would make it if I just tried really hard… better get those too…

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Hambeast

which wasn’t a thing in Turkey

There is no cheese in Turkey? I didn’t know that, seeing its proximity to the Middle East where cheese originated I would have expected there to be some. Interesting.

Tovius
15 days ago

Me and my sister used to pour over the Lego catalogues when we were kids. Lots of expensive sets we could only dream of owning.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)

@Big Titty Demon

Ha! I’m on a strict budget for the seed catalogues – I’m allowed to spend £20 per year, and that’s it. It is a harsh but necessary thing. Otherwise I’d be trying to grow pretty much everything except beets.

Dalillama

@Hambeast
There’s cheese in Turkey, several varieties but mostly salty shepherd’s cheeses not unlike feta, but there’s also curds and harder cheeses.

Luzbelitx
15 days ago

Women WANT you to self improve.

omg the NERVE

Hambeast
Hambeast
15 days ago

Naglfar, Dalillama – I was on a small post located near a smallish town (Diyarbakir) and didn’t get to town too often. All I ever saw besides the big marketplace were restaurants and a few bakeries in the areas we usually frequented.

No one ever wanted to do much exploring and we were constantly admonished to have a buddy with us and never run around alone. Oh, and never in uniform for some reason.

Paireon
Paireon
15 days ago

Came for the incel nonsense (if they think lying down and rotting, literally, will make them win something, more power to them I say; everybody will be a bit less unhappy that way; also, one of the few things about me I’m actually somewhat proud of is how much I’ve improved myself even though I still have a ways to go, so kinda not impressed by their stance on the concept), stayed for the catalog nostalgia.

I just loved to pore through catalogs in my wee tyke days (80s and early 90s), cold do it for hours on end (yay Aspergers!); the toys and games section was pretty easy to find too, what with almost always being at the back. Here in Quebec province (in the northern suburbs of Montreal at least) the ones we got were Sears and Consumers Distributing. One of my favorite toy series back then was Inhumanoids (basically Saturday Morning Lovecraft); too bad there was only a single wave of them.

Last edited 15 days ago by Paireon
Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
15 days ago

@Paireon: How much money did this “self-improvement” cost?

I remember Consumers Distributing. They used to have a “storefront” in Ottawa. I remember this because my parents brought me there once when I was a kid, and then I spent the next hour being bored to tears because: there was no actual store, just the checkout counter and the “employees only” area through a door behind it, so nothing to browse; and whatever they were there to pick up apparently required sitting around for an hour and waiting rather than just going in, getting it, and leaving again, for some reason …

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Threp

Otherwise I’d be trying to grow pretty much everything except beets.

I have to confess I succumbed to the hypnosis-swirly-looking beets. And I don’t even eat beets except in borscht. Apparently the ground was too stony though, they and carrots turned out really weird-looking.

So then I de-stoned it, because you know if I just tried hard enough… but they still turned out split which is supposedly from stones? So I have no idea. But they were fun to try!

Paireon
Paireon
15 days ago

@Surplus: Depends on whether or not you count the bills my mother paid to a psychologist for about 4-5 years following my parents’ divorce (I was 7 when it happened); she was competent, but unfortunately this was about a decade before awareness of Asperger’s became widespread among the psych-related professions (late 80s-early 90s). It did however help me getting several of the tools I used to begin working on myself.

Otherwise it didn’t cost too much (IIRC the Asperger’s diagnostic and semi-frequent trips to the psychiatric hospital for evaluation afterwards were covered by Canadian health insurance), apart from further meetings with an occupational therapist (okay yeah that was pretty costly but IMO it really helped), and I never bought self-help books or went to seminars on the subject. And I take the measure of my success from what family and friends and even work colleagues tell me (as well as my case worker in the employment program I’m part of; she actually said so very enthusiastically when leaving at the end of our last meeting this September) so unless a bunch of different people, many of whom barely know each other or haven’t even ever met, are conspiring to gaslight me, I’d say that their claims of me having improved myself are probably more than just flattery.

So the main cost was probably the 3-to-5-years-long undiagnosed depression I had to go through after high school in my late teens/early 20s, since it was mainly brought on by low self-esteem and crushing feelings of inadequacy or worse; I literally cried tears of joy and relief for at least an hour after receiving my diagnosis for Asperger’s (and it was very loud, very inelegant blubbering and wailing too) because at last I knew what the fuck was my problem (before that I was wondering whether I was some kind of self-sabotaging masochist or a psychic vampire; it’s probably the root cause of my aforementioned depression).

Also I feel frustrated on a daily basis about not having improved enough for my tastes but that’s a story for another time.

Also yeah, the “shopping” experience at Consumers Distributing was rather disappointing (we went to the one in Carrefour Laval shopping mall), but their catalog was usually my favorite.

Last edited 15 days ago by Paireon