makeup is a lie MGTOW misogyny

“Make-up is for psychopaths,” explains angry MGTOW in intermittently ALL-CAPS rant

Ugly woman deceiving men with makeup

MGTOWs have a bit of a thing about makeup, which they consider a dastardly way for ugly women to fool men into thinking they’re hot. MGTOWs dismiss makeup-wearing women as con artists and “spineless, mindless c*nts.” Some MGTOWS even think women should be denied equal rights until they give up the lipstick and eyeliner; others argue that the makeup-wearers are destroying the gene pool by flooding it with their ugly DNA.

But few MGTOWs are quite as animated in their anti-makeup tirades than a fellow I recently ran across on the MGTOW.com forums who goes by the oh-so-clever name Buck Fitches. (Get it, get it?) In a 500-word, intermittently ALL-CAPS rant, he explains,

Make-up is for psychopaths. Every day girls get up in the morning and ask themselves at some point, “should I wear make-up today?” Their brains will quickly do a cost-benefit analysis to determine their destiny and the results are horrific. Why would they choose to wear make-up? No seriously. Why?

He tries as best he can to put himself in these women’s shoes for a few moments, but he doesn’t quite succeed.

The immediate/noticeable cons are
-it takes time
-it costs money

Girls don’t pay for s~~~ or understand money so that clearly isn’t a good con for them. Girls enjoy taking hours to get ready so that also isn’t a good con for them [either] …

But maybe there’s an even more powerful con out there?

[W]hat about losing your identity, self respect, and sanity in the process? I don’t think girls realize that wearing make up probably f~~~s up their entire psyche as well as their egos. They really think they are that chick in the mirror staring back at them. This gives them a confident boost, but at what price? The price of darkening their black hearts.

For I have seen the lipstick on your soul!

As they watch this “perfect looking girl” that doesn’t actually exist live their lives for them and get tons of attention from boys / other girls, it kills them inside because they know when the make up comes off so does the power.

He almost seems to feel sorry for these poor women dark-hearted psychopaths.

Since their tiny brains are born to focus on status rather than real emotions or love, make-up fits right into their daily lives. It’s like fuel for them.

The real con for makeup is losing your identity, but here’s the M. Night Shyamalan twist for ya: WOMEN FIND THEIR IDENTITY IN STATUS.

That’s an even worse twist reveal than most of Mr. Shyamalan’s.

So no-s~~~ they wear make-up regardless of whether or not it makes you a s~~~tier person in the long run. All they care about is status.

I think he’s about to start shouting.

Men find their identity in ACCOMPLISHMENTS. We take pride in getting things done while girls take pride in getting people to do things for them….. BITCHES

Oh and don’t give me that bull-s~~~ of “but not all girls wear make-up!” Congratulations you ruined my argument…

NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

Powerful rebuttal.

NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

Any girl who acts like she’s too cool for make-up is pretty easy to understand actually… Either she’s too afraid to take that step into modern day womenhood, but really wants to

OR

She’s got her status locked and loaded and therefore make-up won’t make life easier, BUT if a girl who thinks like this was put in a new situation she would change her principles IMMEDIATELY. I’ve seen it happen.

You’ve seen women who don’t wear makeup suddenly start wearing makeup when “put in a new situation?” Like what? Forgive me for concluding that you’re just talking out of your ass

My point is: Make-up is a symptom of being a psychopath and all women are psychopaths. Some men are too, but not all of us THANK GOD.

I’m just glad that not all men are like you, “Buck.”

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Naglfar
Naglfar
29 days ago

I bet every woman they think is “natural beauty” is wearing makeup. Most cishet men are really bad at trying to tell whether someone is wearing makeup or not.

Why would they choose to wear make-up?

Because we want to. And because if we don’t we get told to by misogynists. If you want fewer women to wear makeup, make men stop judging us on our appearances first.

Girls don’t pay for s~~~

True, why pay for shit when I can find it for free on the manosphere?

or understand money

Given what I’ve seen of MRAs beliefs about the economy, if I were them I’m not sure I’d be marking down anyone else’s economic knowledge.

[W]hat about losing your identity, self respect, and sanity in the process?

Wat? No makeup I’ve ever seen takes away your identity or sanity. Is this a new product? If so, bad marketing pitch.

The word “probably” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. Citation needed.

They really think they are that chick in the mirror staring back at them.

Mr. Fitches, when you put on clothes and look in a mirror do you think they’ve become a part of your skin?

The price of darkening their black hearts.

Cool.

when the make up comes off so does the power.

He seems to have confused weird superhero movies and real life.

Project much?

Men find their identity in ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

Well, I find that more men find their identity in doing the bare minimum and expecting heaps of praise.

Damned if we do, damned if we don’t.

Make-up is a symptom of being a psychopath and all women are psychopaths.

Congratulations, you’ve made a theory that is unfalsifiable. If a woman wears makeup she’s evil, and if she doesn’t she’s evil and hiding it. Too bad it’s bullshit.

Miri
Miri
29 days ago

As I’ve stated on multiple occasions, I’m not a girl/woman. But is my disdain for makeup a cause of that or a result of that?

But on the plus side, since I don’t wear makeup, I’m not a psychopath (according to Mr. Buck Fitches at least).

Nequam
Nequam
29 days ago

So what does he make of Trump’s fondness for poorly-applied tan-in-a-can?

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements

@Naglfar:

Wat? No makeup I’ve ever seen takes away your identity or sanity.

Well, there was that stuff in the Catwoman movie …

He seems to have confused weird superhero movies and real life

Scene: the streets of NEW YORK.

PATRICIA PAULSON is walking along fifth avenue, dressed rather frumpily, when there is a distant CRUNCHING SOUND. She LOOKS UP and develops a SHOCKED FACE.

PAN to show a LARGE, ROCK-LIKE CREATURE is DESTROYING THE CITY.

PAULSON starts running toward the nearest TELEPHONE BOOTH while rummaging in her purse.

CUT to CLOSE UP of her hand pulling out a small clear vial with GLIMMERING PURPLE liquid inside, and a purple italic “P” as the only logo, on the side facing the camera.

CUT to PAULSON’s face as she applies the brush-lid from the vial. There is a sudden VIOLET FLASH OF LIGHT that obscures everything.

CUT to the phone booth, with distant screams and more crunching sounds. There is a PITTER-PATTER of bricks and other debris landing on pavement. The sounds and the creature are closer.

The door to the phone booth BURSTS OPEN and PURPLE PULVERIZER emerges! She has on a GLITTERING PURPLE LEOTARD with a large italic “P” in the center, and paler VIOLET TIGHTS, with a GLITTERING PURPLE MASK AROUND THE EYES. In the real world, everyone would easily still recognize her as PATRICIA PAULSON, and also as a dead ringer for some famous actress or another, but we aren’t in the real world, fortunately.

PURPLE PULVERIZER makes a fist and LAUNCHES HERSELF INTO THE AIR, directly at the CREATURE …

(I hereby relinquish any copyright interest in this so that Marvel may use it if they decide they need another Avenger for Phase 4.)

Lainy
Lainy
29 days ago

If someone is stupid enough to think I have black lips and purple and black eye lids and a random cat eye wing off the side of my face natural then that’s on them for being a dumbass.

epronovost
epronovost
29 days ago

alternate title for the rant: Status obsessed narcissistic man describe his obsession for appearance and status chassing while talking about the subject of his obsession and resentment #2664587

CarrieV
CarrieV
29 days ago

“[…] all women are psychopaths. Some men are too, but not all of us”

Umm, pretty sure every study has shown that only one out of every four psychopath is female. And even then, psychopaths overall comprise just 1% of the population. So mathematically, NOT ALL WOMEN are psychopaths.

I hope Buck Fitches appreciated my intermittent caps.

Trying
Trying
29 days ago

Someone has never pulled off a perfect smoky eye. That is a true accomplishment.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements

@CarrieV:

Hmm. X-linked recessive trait?

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
29 days ago

I’m AFAB. I’m 37. The only kind of make up I’ve ever worn was fancy dress face paint for costuming parties. The last time I did that I was 12 or 13, I think.

I simply can’t be bothered.

I’m also pretty sure my skin would hate me if I did wear make up.

Also, dudes, that girls you say doesn’t wear make up? Is actually wearing make up. If women don’t wear make up they’ll hear variants of ‘Are you alright? Are you sick?’ all fucking day.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
29 days ago

@Surplus : probably way too long a shot. Psychopathy look too complex a trait to be linked to a single gene, and it’s equally likely that having power, influence, and/or privilege is either the cause or an aggravating factor, which would explain the gender disparity just as well.

There is a correlation between being rich and influent and being a psychopath IIRC. Most explanations center on how being a psychopath help having success, but it’s probable both feed the other.

(also, I am generally rather iffy on theory that amount to say that a population is more likely to be virtuous by fact of their genetic/culture and not by fact of their choices/circumstances. I am sure that women can absolutely be as evil as men if you so much as give them the option)

Mogwitch
Mogwitch
29 days ago

@Knitting Cat Lady – I’m also a woman and don’t wear make-up. Most of my friends and many of my work mates don’t wear make-up, at least for everyday occasions. I have nothing against people wearing make-up, I think it can look amazing, but there’s lots of women like me that aren’t particularly interested in it for ourselves. I know there’s probably other places where there is social pressure to do so (certainly women from the US are more likely to say to me that they feel they have to wear it at work), but that isn’t everywhere.

Last edited 29 days ago by Mogwitch
Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
29 days ago

I haven’t worn makeup since my father’s funeral, which also happens to be the last time I was in a church. I only did the minimum before I was married, largely because I was living in the Deep South and it was Expected.

Mr. Parasol prefers me makeup-free; he’s a super-taster, and cosmetics taste yucky to him.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Surplus
Probably not, as Ohlmann mentioned it’s probably a bit more complicated than that. I’d think it might have something to do with socialization: men are socialized to behave in certain ways, some of which resemble traits of psychopathy, while women are discouraged. There’s also the issue of masking: it’s likely that female psychopaths hide it better and/or are less studied, so there might be more than we think.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@eprovonost

Nailed it. It’s his own inner narrative. I always love these guys’ terrible attempts at describing other people’s motivations. It comes across as a long-winded confession.

while girls take pride in getting people to do things for them

And yet, it’s (manospherian) men who are forever bragging about manipulating women into bed and getting them to cook and clean for them.

They really think they are that chick in the mirror staring back at them.

Because they are? Does this guy not understand visual self-recognition? Does he attack himself in the mirror every morning, like a parakeet?

NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT

This is one of my phonics peeves right here, when people repeat letters for emphasis in a written word in a way that would sound weird or unpronounceable if read out loud. For example, “LOVEEEEEEEEE” versus “LOOOOOOOOOOVE”. “T” is a plosive and can’t be drawn out. Unless he’s yelling “NOT” in a canyon?

Last edited 29 days ago by Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Naglfar
Naglfar

@Buttercup

I think conservatives struggle with seeing themselves for what they are, but instead of attacking the mirror they just project it onto everyone else.

Same. It also just looks really amateurish and childish.

Mrs Morley
Mrs Morley
28 days ago

I wore makeup as a very young woman. Particularly at work, makeup was part of dressing suitably. I dressed and made up in the hopes of not looking like a teenager.

I stopped wearing makeup everyday when a) I started looking adult; b) my job didn’t require suits; c) reapplying makeup after working out became tedious. I still dyed my hair, however.

So I’m a psychopath? Nah.

sarah_kay_gee
sarah_kay_gee
28 days ago

Men wore make-up just as much/often as women for pretty much all of recorded history. Also, high heels. Those things being the sole province of women is a very recent (relatively speaking) development, and could be argued was at least partly an attempt to hobble the gender as we started demanding equality.

There are many reasons women wear make-up, and most of us who do so have more than one, but underlying all of them is the fact that we’re socialized to do so; it’s expected of us; and there can be severe social and economic penalties for not doing so.

Also, I earn my own money, so this bitter little jerk can stick his tiny dick into a hive of angry bees.

Some Chick
Some Chick
28 days ago

Well, I suppose we should be thankful he didn’t inflict himself on a woman to, ya know, ask why someone would wear makeup. I love how they get so upset over situations and intentions that exist only in their own fevered imaginations.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier
28 days ago

You’re blaming people for being “too afraid to become psychopaths”? How does that even?

tohka
tohka
28 days ago

So makeup is for psychopaths and according to this tweet by mgtow rp Richard Cooper who should really change his pfp to a grey beard now, women shouldn’t train or work out. Just exist with a perfect body that doesn’t need to work out to stay in shape.

Mgtows are just delusional and need to leave women the hell alone. I really wish they would just shut up and keep out of their mouths and minds. The men I’ve seen who tried to agree with Cooper had generic stock photos of business men as their pfp. They’d rather larp as some millionaire successful business entrepreneur on Twitter that hates women for not giving up their lives at age 25 to be a quiet sahm who should up with abuse but too times I’ve seen and discovered their reality that they’re just blue collar workers struggling to survive like the rest of us. Except they still hate women.

So tired of them and their hatred at us..

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
28 days ago

IIRC the very first use for heeled shoes were horse riding. People understood rather fast it make them look taller, tho. Nowaday, men cheating on size with their shoe is seen as a proof of weakness overall, and that’s before the feminine implication of high heel specifically.

However, the idea that make up is for women AFAIK isn’t modern at all ; ancient Roman were similar in that regard. Make up oscillated between being a woman thing and a neutral thing for a long time. (I don’t know of a civilization where make up was specifically seen as masculine, albeit it probably exist)

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
28 days ago

Whatever one thinks about makeup, I think we can all agree that it’s hilarious that this dude thinks that men don’t care about status.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria
28 days ago

I’m a teensy bit impressed that he recognizes that make-up takes time and money. It seems to me that mostly these rants completely overlook that.

Now if he’d only realize that using make-up is something you have to learn, and that there might be some societal thingamajig at work when it’s something women learn more often than men, even though the tools and such are available to (mostly) everyone.

re: Emphasis in writing
Reading the Finnish translation of One Piece, I had to pause when Luffy shouted for Ace and it had been written as “ACEEEEEEEEE”, which made me question whether I’d been internally mispronouncing his name the whole time. I assume it was supposed to be a heart-rending moment, so that record-scratch moment was very unfortunate, so I’m not a fan of not taking pronunciation into consideration.

Last edited 28 days ago by Masse_Mysteria
Naglfar
Naglfar

@tohka
I’d imagine the main reason misogynists don’t want women to train or work out is because women who are stronger and trained in sports or fighting will be harder to abuse. And they’re scared that strong women will fight back and win. Most manospherians are not the picture of strength.

@Ohlmann

Except when Donny Shoelifts does it, apparently.

As for how high heels became women’s fashion, I’ve heard a few different explanations, including forced difficulty of walking, society favoring smaller footprints, or that it causes the wearer to sway their hips and push out their butt more. I’m not sure which, if any of these, are accurate.

epitome of incomrepehensibility

What’s if some “girls” wear makeup sometimes but not other times? Are they only partly psychopathic? Asking for a friend.

@Surplus to Requirements – Where do I sign the petition to add “Purple Pulverizer” to the Avengers? 😀

@Buttercup Q. Skullpants – That’s an interesting question! Gretchen McCullough talks about it in her book “Because Internet”: it seems the lengthening is supposed to be expressive rather than actually pronounce-able. I don’t mind it, but if you’re trying to read something out loud it might be frustrating.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
28 days ago

@epitome of incomprehensibility – Interesting! I’d love to read that. I can see where visual emphasis might take priority on a medium like the internet, where a comment isn’t intended to be read aloud (though as always, there’s an xkcd for that https://xkcd.com/481/)

In singing, vowels are usually prolonged, as that’s where the expressiveness is carried. Emphasizing consonants makes you sound like Bob Dylan.

Alan Robertshaw

@ epitome and buttercup

As you’re talking about deliberately unpronounceable words, this is pretty meta:

there’s an xkcd for that

Tovius
Tovius
28 days ago

NOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTT looks like it should be pronounced “noot”

.45
.45
28 days ago

@Surplus to Requirements I really hate that you beat me to it, but I have to admit mine wouldn’t have been as good…

Anywho, I actually did the reverse of the typical “men don’t realize women wear so called natural makeup.” I was homeschooled and sheltered, so when I hit the working world after reading some article informing men that women apparently always wear makeup, I took note. This was a source of confusion to my female coworkers who favored little more than lipstick/eyeliner or nothing at all. Would come running to them with makeup questions from some customer or another only to be met with a weird look and “How should I know? I haven’t worn makeup in years.”

Like others have said or implied here though, applying makeup is an art form. I am sometimes surprised at the extremes. Two of my ex coworkers come to mind on that subject.

One was a young woman who favored heavy wings and foundation. Didn’t really pay much attention until one time she was sick and didn’t wear any for a couple of days and I realized she was way cuter than I had thought underneath it all. I’m sure MRAs have appropriate things to say on how much of a psychopath she was.

The other was an older woman who exemplified the natural makeup look. I knew she wore it, but she made it look minimal. Then I saw her without it and realized she was the evil woman MGTOWs fear for performing miracles and transforming herself from a 4 to an 8. Evil I tell you, evil.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
28 days ago

The last time I wore makeup was the 1990s, but I’m not necessarily an example for anyone because I have great genes and no fucks to give. I literally don’t remember how to apply it and I was never that good at doing it.

By the MGTOW metric, am I a psychopath or a mere psychopath wannabe?

tohka
tohka

@Naglfar

That makes sense! The more fit you are, the less likely you’ll be able to get pushed around. I see also alot of people feeling better about themselves when they get stronger at the gym which abusers despise. I read a short experience from a woman who took up powerlifting and worked out at her friend’s home gym. Her boyfriend at the time, I’m assuming now is an ex, claimed that all women were weaker to men no matter what. He never lifted or worked out. Just played video games. He decided to join her at the gym one time and there she actually met a goal of hers lifting a certain amount weight and was pretty happy to share the goal with him there. He thought he could easily do the same since he’s a guy. He couldn’t lift anything and failed pretty badly and was in a sour mood the whole rest of the day. I kinda think it’s like that. These guys like Cooper and other redpill mgtows believe so strongly in one thing like women being weak and needing men for everything so seeing a woman powerlift and get super fit with abs and thick muscles scare them. They achieved a goal that they probably wanted to meet and failed at. And seeing a woman, who they believe is always weaker, achieve it must burn their self esteem pretty good.

Morgs
Morgs
28 days ago

I’m a psychopath (well, sociopath, technically) but have worn make-up perhaps 5 times ever at the age of 38 (just at weddings/funerals really) So I’d be extremely intrigued as to what mra types would make of me….I don’t give a damn about snagging anyone, chad or otherwise, who is not willing to put up with my slight oddness

Prith k'Dar
Prith k'Dar

@ Ohlmann

The Wodaabe of Chad’s Sahel region must be a mgtow’s nightmare. During a ritual festival called Gerewol, the men apply elaborate makeup and costuming and dance all day for the women, who choose their favorites as lovers, even if one or both are already married. It’s part beauty pageant, part mixer. 🙂

For their part, the women have scarification tattoos on their faces, to indicate a woman’s tribal affiliations, as well as her strength and valor. And we all know how the manosphere feels about women and facial ink.

-it takes time

-it costs money

Yeah, those are the main reasons I never wore makeup. But to be honest, I suppose it was also a matter of self-esteem, or lack thereof. Like not wanting to be laughed at for trying to look good when it was so hopeless to begin with. Silk purses and pigs’ ears and all.

North Sea Sparkly Dragon
North Sea Sparkly Dragon
28 days ago

I’m not a woman, but even when I thought I was, and when my genderfluidity flows feminine, I do/did not wear make-up. I have no status, so according to this jerk I should be caked in the stuff. Actually, I can’t stand the way it feels on my skin, it itches and I look like a clown. I don’t even like nail varnish or lipstick. It hurts and itches. Why would I wear something that causes me pain?

Sidhe
Sidhe
27 days ago

I am a recording harpist on YouTube and also weer make-up. I find joy in music and looking presentable. I dont give one iota about status…oh wait…mascara…

Sidhe
Sidhe
27 days ago

What I was trying to say (And Dailet badly at) is that women can accomplish things too and wear make up at the same time. My identity is more rooted in my music than my looks, I mean, they will fade, it’s never a good idea to base your identity on that alone.

Sidhe
Sidhe
27 days ago

Also, f*ck autocorrect in my native language messing up my posts!

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
27 days ago

This is some amazing makeup.

Viscaria
Viscaria
27 days ago

Yes, it’s true. Women famously hate sleep. And if by “girls” he actually means teenage girls, well, they hate sleep most of all.

Last edited 27 days ago by Viscaria
Hambeast
Hambeast
26 days ago

I don’t wear makeup. I’m bad at it and hate the way I look in it. Especially lipstick.

I will sometimes wear a matte bb cream foundation if I’m going to be outdoors in the daytime for the sunscreen. Mostly because I won’t touch my face as much to avoid smearing it everywhere and it’s (for some reason) more comfortable to have on my face than regular sunscreen. Possibly because of the eczema I have?

I’m always amazed by people who are adept at makeup!

Elle
Elle
25 days ago

I’ve gotten judgement for not wearing makeup at work. There’s pressure for women to look a certain way, and they are told they don’t care about their appearance if they don’t wear makeup. Wearing makeup or not wearing makeup, they’ll find a way to judge.