cringe misogyny red pill

How to use hickeys to dominate your women, according to some Red Pill Redditor

Score! This will increase my sexual market value for sure

Over on the Ask The Red Pill subreddit, they’re talking about hickeys. More specifically, they’re talking about how alpha men like themselves can strategically use any hickeys they come to possess as a tool to impress the ladies.

Gracienoob starts off the discussion with these jargon-rich observations:

Using hickeys as a strategy? (self.asktrp)

submitted 1 day ago by gracienoob

My plate gave me a hickey last night on my trapezius. It got me thinking, what if you had all your plates giving you hickeys?

Wouldn't this increase preselection and dread with established plates?

I don't see this talked about much and could easily see this become a good way to constantly increase smv

I speak Red Pill, so let me translate: “Plates” are women one is dating casually; “preselection” is the notion that women will find a dude more attractive if they know other women are also interested in said dude; “dread” is when women in relationships worry that they could get dumped; and “smw” is “sexual market value,” that is, one’s sexual appeal.

The trapezius is just the trapezius, a set of muscles on the neck and back. I’m not sure why Mr. Gracienoob didn’t simply say “on the back of my neck” if that’s what he means.

Here, courtesy of Wikipedia, is a gif of a trapezius riding the skeleton carousel:

Anyway, so Mr. Gracienoob is convinced that getting lots of hickeys will make his assorted, er, plates jealous of one another and thus make him even more irresistible than he was before.

I mean, maybe if he were in high school it would.

In fact, Mr. Gracienoob’s suggested strategy is so thoroughly high school that even some of the Red Pill commenters warn him about it. red_Man writes that while the proposed strategy might make sense in theory,

it looks tryhard if you you are walking with a hickey on your neck all the time. And also hickeys are kinda a highschool thing

“So high school,” replies another.

Another commenter just thinks it’s too obvious.

“If anything make it subtle,” writes Chael-OkGreat-Sonnen. “Invite a girl to your house and leave something like ponytail holder.”

So the properly subtle strategy would be to buy a set of scrunchies and leave them haphazardly around your apartment so that any dates you bring home will see them and assume that you’re absolutely drowning in hot babes?

I mean, that’s somehow even more pathetic than the hickey thing.

You’ll be glad to know that Mr. Gracienoob has been convinced to abandon his hickey strategy. “I think I’ll adopt a no mark policy,” he tells one skeptical commenter. “I think saying I don’t do marks would cause dread as well.”

When this policy fails to amp up the lady dread, I suspect he’d going to revert to his original plan — and try to jumpstart the whole process by drawing hickeys on his own neck with a sharpie.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Alan Robertshaw

buy a set of scrunchies

Scrunchie‘ is a registered trademark.

They were invented by a woman with the wonderful name of Rommy Revson and named after her pet poodle.

I know that’s not strictly pertinent to the topic at hand; it’s just something that tickles me.

Lucrece
Lucrece
1 month ago

a trapezius riding the skeleton carousel

This made me laugh more than it reasonable should.

Trying
Trying
1 month ago

For the love of puppies, just interact with other humans for the enjoyment of their company and eventually you’ll mutually click with someone romantically! No plates or dread or smv or any other manipulation crap tactics with jolly nicknames! It’s that simple!

Unless of course you’re a boring dirtbag with nothing interesting to offer another person.

1 month ago

I mean, maybe if he were in high school it would.

I feel like red pillers are often men who peaked in high school, but are delusional about what real high school is like so they think the world resembles an 80s coming of age movie high school. That would explain garbage like this.

That would just make me think someone has lots of hair ties and doesn’t organize them well. It might make sense, if appearing disorganized, if they had long hair, but if they had short hair I’d be more confused.

jumpstart the whole process by drawing hickeys on his own neck with a sharpie.

Also very high school.

@Trying

I believe that is the case with most red pillers.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
1 month ago

The manipulation tactics of the various ‘pills are just straight-up abuse. They don’t even see anything wrong with that. They think women enjoy abuse, so “become an abusive douchebag” seems like a viable strategy.

@PoM

They think women enjoy abuse

I guess the question is, did they go into the red pill believing that initially, or is it something they’ve convinced themselves to reduce cognitive dissonance and feel better about being abusers?

Last edited 1 month ago by Naglfar
hexum7
hexum7
1 month ago

“I just don’t see this talked about much.
Because, nobody talks the way, m ‘dude

It would be like writing Aristophanes backwards and in Klingon and musingthat you don’t see anyone discussing that sort of thing

Last edited 1 month ago by hexum7
Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

@Naglfar

I think it goes both ways. “Nice guys finish last” is a common trope and is applied to romantic relationships just as much as other situations. “Women like bad boys” is another common trope. Some guys really believe these things, even if they’ve never heard of any pill.

For others, they have these tropes as background noise, and then they are indoctrinated into a pill and are told that these tropes are 100% true and explain everything. And that’s the point when they start to really believe them. But the tropes saturate our culture regardless.

@PoM

I think part of why the red pill is so insidious is that it takes these widespread ideas and says “this is all true.” Many men (and even some women) have internalized these ideas to the point that they hear them confirmed and think “sounds about right” and fall in. Others are scared to stand against them because they on some level believe it too.

Lizzie
Lizzie
1 month ago

If only his hickey-giving ‘plate’ had been a vampire, his story could have been a lot more interesting.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon
1 month ago

Well shit. Now any time I have a dude-plate (d-plate? date? DATE that’s what they’re called) at my house, he’s going to think I’m tryharding with my hickey, but when he looks around for evidence of dudes all he’ll see is my slut violins that made it from hours of practicing lying around. (And… gasp… a viola, too! Swinging for the fences!) Should I like, leave some bow-hair distributed around chopped up in little bits like a dude shaved? Say he just had super manly firm hair I couldn’t be bothered to clean up like a slob if questioned about the reason it’s still around and weirdly thick? Advise me, mammotheers, I don’t know how to navigate the sexual marketplace.

@Lizzie

Interesting, maybe, but do you really want manospherian vampires in the world?

@Big Titty Demon

Sounds expensive. Instead, I suggest that if you are trying to make it seem like many men have been in your home, spray Axe body spray and/or cheap cologne everywhere.

Crip Dyke
1 month ago

I apologize, but suddenly this seemed mandatory:

Ke’ke’ke’kerb, Qapla’! Qapla’!

CarrieV
CarrieV

@Alan Robertshaw
Consider your interesting fact *stolen* and soon to be shared with all of my friends who love such arcane knowledge!

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
1 month ago

I don’t personally do Halloween costumes but I once had this idea for a “female mosquito” costume, as a spoof of the “vampire lady” trope. For example, you could carry a red plastic straw and use to (consensually) give people hickeys.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
1 month ago

@Lumipuna: Nice. I’d point to the designs of the vampires in the Crimson Court DLC of Darkest Dungeon for mosquito-based vampire nightmare fuel. It’s an appealing idea as while I enjoy the ‘sexy vampire’ occasionally those tend to discard the monstrousness a lot these days (See also the evolution of the depictions of the phantom of the opera).

@BigTittyDemon: As Naglfar said Axe Body-spray. If that nauseating stench is to much you could also leave “sports magazines” lying around. Though that can also give them the wrong idea. DAMN YOU, SEXUAL MARKETPLACE! No wonder I avoid you.

Lizzie
Lizzie
1 month ago

Surely no self respecting vampire would actually turn such a poor example of a human being; I was more imagining that the vampire would simply drain and discard…

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

@Lizzie : some vampires could try to turn the worse wretches as undead, to punish them. If I were an eternally damned corpse, I would prefer to spread my curses to ineffectual villains than to either virtuous people or efficient evildoers, and MRAs are pitiful enough to be closer to ineffectual villains.

Of course, depending on your source, being a vampire look more awesome than problematic, so maybe I should try to look at the peace nobel prize list or something.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 month ago

I’m surprised the RedPillers aren’t sneering at man-hickeys as being for cucks. It’s like being branded, a sign of ownership.

A more reliable “I have sex!!!” signal would be leaving loose condoms or kids scattered around the apartment.

@Buttercup
Or just hire random women to wander around your apartment aimlessly.

Alan Robertshaw

@ crip dyke

Hi, we can get all legal nerdy about this elsewhere, but I thought I’d put some bullet points here for general info in case it’s of interest to people.

@ all

I’ve just finished a ‘conversation’ (i.e. a seminar) at Middle Temple. The main speaker was this person:

She really knows her stuff!

The talk was about the case of Bush v Gore (2020) and how it might be pertinent to what people are already calling ‘Trump v Biden‘.

Some key points that arose:

The judgement in Bush v Gore specifically said “This case is not to be used as a precedent in any future cases”

Although the judgment was in Scalia’s name it was actually Renquist who wrote it.

Kavanaugh, Roberts, and Barrett all acted for the Bush team back in 2020 (although Barrett was just a sort of intern)

There was a recent case about voting in Pennsylvania. It was split 4-4. Normally when that happens the justices don’t identify themselves as to how they voted. But this time the conservative judges did. That has been interpreted as a signal to Republicans to get another conservative confirmed. Interestingly the Chief Justice on that one voted with the Libs. The state GOP party have re-filed the application for an injunction on that one.

Linda actually spoke to Renquist the day after the 2020 election. She commented how weird it was not knowing who the President was. Renquist agreed but said it was a one off situation.

There is a proposal going around that SCOTUS should be made up of circuit appeal judges on a rota.

The key deadline to watch for is 12 December. That is the date by which electors (as in electoral college) cannot be challenged. So if states just send ‘faithless electors’ it would only be necessary to drag out any court case until then. (We had quite a big discussion about states and how they select electors)

Both sides have legal teams all ready to go.

Rather worryingly, there is a hotline in place for troops and national guard members who need legal advice as to whether any post election orders they are given by the commander in chief are lawful and need to be followed.

North Sea Sparkly Dragon
North Sea Sparkly Dragon
1 month ago

They really are stuck in teenage years, aren’t they?

How very sad for them *yawn*. (much, much sarcasm)

moregeekthan
moregeekthan

@Allan Robershaw

I find the need for a National Guard hotline to be very alarming. The fact that they actually have one is a good thing, as it’s mere existence makes an attempt to use the national guard as post-election thugs less likely. Not that it is enough on its own, but every little bit helps.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
1 month ago

This reminds me of high school rumors of boys who used vacuum attachments to give themselves hickeys.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Buttercup

I saw the words “use hickeys to dominate your women” and actually thought it was about giving women hickeys so that other mean would see them as taken and would steer clear or something.

Now that I think about it, “Hey I had this idea about having women give me hickeys” sounds better than “So I decided to start giving all these women hickeys”.

DrVanNostrand
DrVanNostrand
1 month ago

My bet is that the reference to the trapezius is basically a type of weight lifting virtue signaling. A lot of redpillers are obsessed with working out because they see it as one of the few ways to increase their “sexual market value”. If you hang out with lifters, you’ll definitely hear them talking about muscle groups like that pretty routinely. Whether he’s actually an avid weight lifter, or whether he’s just trying to impress people on the internet is anyone’s guess.

Lainy
Lainy
1 month ago

Why do these guys have to turn a normal sex thing into a weird theory thing. I swear, none of them even actually enjoy sex.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements

@Alan Robertshaw:

Linda actually spoke to Renquist the day after the 2020 election.

You’ve been warned repeatedly about this. Don’t mess with time travel! It’s how we got into this mess to begin with!

Alan Robertshaw

@ surplus

Well the laws of time are about the only laws certain world leaders haven’t broken, yet.

(Can you say yet when it’s time travel? Maybe there is time travel in the future but they don’t come back because they’re still arguing about what tenses to use?

ETA: Maybe a future SCOTUS has ruled the laws of time unconstitutional; and under common law that means they alway have been.

Last edited 1 month ago by Alan Robertshaw

@Lainy

I swear, none of them even actually enjoy sex.

Of course they don’t. Toxic masculinity + conservatism makes everything out to be a zero sum transaction and renders sex a status symbol that women give to men. This precludes any sort of pleasure for any party, as it’s solely for status. In order to gain this status they either try to pursue all the sex they can joylessly a la PUAs or they just sit around embittered complaining a la MGTOWs and incels.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
1 month ago

Can I just point out that I find the phrase “ponytail holder” immensely weird? I keep imagining some kind of rigid contraption, like a cup holder or something, but for hair. :-/ Just say “hair tie”, dude.

(Also, I interpreted his plan as “have a woman come over [for sex] and leave her hair tie behind for the next lady to see”, but might be mistaken.)

Alan Robertshaw

@ drvannostrum

Indeed. Although in my experience lifters use abbreviations, so that would be ‘traps’ (similarly; delts, pecs, glutes etc.)

I know this from asking what the bit I’ve just hurt is called.

Alan Robertshaw

@ penny

I find the phrase “ponytail holder” immensely weird

Maybe they’re being careful not to infringe the copyright. 🙂

Seriously, you don’t want to mess with Rommy’s lawyers! See below…

Last edited 1 month ago by Alan Robertshaw
DrVanNostrand
DrVanNostrand

@Alan Robertshaw

That’s exactly right. The reason I found out about them is that I had a friend in college who was really into weightlifting. I could figure out what most of the abbreviations were, but I had to ask him about ‘traps’. He told me it was short for trapezius and pointed at them. And now, almost 20 years later, I’ve finally encountered the term in the wild.

Alan Robertshaw

@ drvannostrum

There’s a rather sweet tale of a trans guy who was in some fast food place. He noticed a couple of bodybuilder types who kept looking back at him and whispering to themselves.

He got a bit worried, in case he wasn’t ‘passing’ and they were about to start something; but as they left they just gave him an affirmative nod.

He asked the server what they’d been talking about and she said “Oh, they were just saying how hard you must work out to get pecs like that.”

nobody
nobody

This.

As a lifter there are few times I specify muscle groups this precisely outside of training, talking about training or giving/asking for medical advice. Or snark:

Some of these people need a swift kick in the gluteus maximus.

@Alan Robertshaw

I’m aware of all those muscle groups, though I admit I hadn’t heard the trapezius being referred to as “traps” before today. I’ve also heard “lats” and “quads”. I have virtually no experience with lifting weights, so most of this is stuff I remember from anatomy class in high school.

O/T: As I’m sure you’ve all heard, Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed to the Supreme Court. This is a dark day for women’s rights, healthcare, and human rights in general.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

OT – SCOTUS

A friend of mine has a theory/speculation. He is suspecting that the GOP leadership has had a quiet word or two with the GOP SCOTUS justices, so that when Trump loses and takes it to the Supremes, they will rule against him, with some lofty phrases about Americans needing to exercise the franchise in peace or some such, with the intent of making themselves look good. Having gotten what they wanted from Trump, they will now cut him loose.

I wish I could laugh off this idea. It’s so twenty-fucking-twenty.

Surplus to Requirements
Surplus to Requirements
1 month ago

At this point I’m just waiting for the ball drop and then the crowd in Times Square to start singing “Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye!”

@VP
With all due respect to you and your friend, I doubt that would happen. The GOP knows that if Trump loses there will likely be mass uprisings from his fans and that they’ll be directionless, having sacrificed any of the party’s previous plans for Trumpism. They’re also probably not smart enough to work that all out.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Naglfar

I find it more cheerful than some of the alternatives.

Time to curl up under a few blankets and hope a cat sits on me.

@VP

I find it more cheerful than some of the alternatives.

Fair enough. It’s good to keep hope alive during these trying times.

Grex
Grex
1 month ago

Confession, I faked a hickey on my neck once in high school to seem like I was sexually active. No one believed me. Emphasis on “in high school”.