antifeminism memes that's not funny!

Women’s Rights or Zipling Dog: World’s Most Confusing Men’s Rights Meme released

Hmm

You guys try to figure this one out:

poll: women's rights or zipling dog?

By “zipling” I assume they mean “ziplining,” and I guess they’re suggesting that, like a ziplining dog, women’s rights are supported by a metaphorical zipline, allowing women to get where they’re going quickly without any effort? Or without knowing where they’re going? Or maybe that women’s rights make as much sense as a ziplining dog — that is, none?

Those are my best guesses, but who knows, maybe I’m missing the joke?

I’m eager to hear your explanations.

H/T — the Blursed Images subreddit, via the Blatent Misogyny subreddit

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

TB Tabby
TB Tabby
19 days ago

My best guess: They’re saying people are picking the ziplining dog over women’s rights, but, well, por que no los dos?

Naglfar
Naglfar
19 days ago

I don’t think dogs would much like zipling —or ziplining. I’ve never taken mine but I don’t think she would like it.

My question is, why can’t we have women’s rights and zipling dog? They don’t seem mutually exclusive.

ETA: ninja’ed by TB Tabby

Last edited 19 days ago by Naglfar
C.A.Collins
C.A.Collins
19 days ago

96% of respondents feel the picture is that of a ziplining dog?
I got nothing.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Mean
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Mean
19 days ago

Maaaaaaaybe it means ‘which do you prefer to see: a zipling dog or women getting rights?’

Is there a Reddit thread someplace that debuted that meme, that also has a discussion on what it’s supposed to mean? Might be the only way to find out for sure.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org
19 days ago

You know how youtube videos showing off pets, will sometimes randomly have piles of comments saying “OMG that’s animal abuse!” Yeah, I’m going to have to be That Guy about putting a dog on a zipline

Crip Dyke
18 days ago

Best guess?

They’re asking which dog you would prefer, and referring to two well-known dogs in the MRA/MGTOW community: a mellow dog that some MRA who can’t spell named “Zipling Dog” and some chirpy chihuahua that some sexist dude named “Women’s Rights”

Apparently large fluffy dogs are more popular in MRA circles than chihuahuas.

What do I win?

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate
18 days ago

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
18 days ago

@banned@4chan.org : if he is untrained, I am in full agreement with you.

Even if he is trained, him being alone seem highly unconventional. I have seen dogs paradrops and zipline before, but they were litteraly in the arms of their handlers.

That being said, it is fully on brand for MTGOWs to support abuse.

bekabot
bekabot
18 days ago

Samuel Johnson once said about a woman’s preaching that it wasn’t the excellence of the preaching which was in question but the fact that a woman was preaching at all. I guess this guy is trying to make the same point <i>vis-à-vis</i> ziplining. Somehow, it doesn’t work.

Jurgan
Jurgan
18 days ago

I’m afraid it has something to do with the “dog pill,” i.e., the belief that women in general love to fuck their dogs.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
18 days ago

Depends on the dog – they’re as different as people. Got a woman I hang-glide with that takes her collie up with her – and he loves it! Funny as hell to watch though.

Last edited 18 days ago by Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Jezka
Jezka
18 days ago

Perplexing.

Daughter
Daughter
18 days ago

Which one of the two overrides the will of the living being in question the most? Ha ha, just kidding. That would make sense.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
18 days ago

I think the question is, Who wore it better?

On the one hand, the zipling dog is adorable. On the other hand, women’s rights are absolutely necessary.

So my answer is yes.

Also, I certainly hope the photo is photoshopped.

epitome of incomrepehensibility

My brain keeps wanting to read “zipling” as some Shakespearean English adjective: “Lo, the zipling dog glideth o’er the fields.”

Last edited 18 days ago by epitome of incomrepehensibility
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
18 days ago

Maybe it’s supposed to be Kipling dog.

“If you can lose your head and blame it on women, when all around you……SQUIRREL!!!!!”

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
17 days ago