/pol/ 4chan anti-Semitism kitties

“Cats are the real Jews,” confused 4Channer argues

4Channers are forever coming up with new and exciting ways to be antisemitic. Here’s an Anon on 4Chan’s /pol/ board who has managed to work his hatred of cats into the equation:

I hate cats. They're the real Jews. They do not love, they are parasites that infect their host for their own gain. Dogs can easily be trained to work for the hosts gain, and even when they're only trained to be social symbols, they help families bond.

I like that even this guy’s defense of dogs is based on a creepy utilitarianism; he misses the point of having dogs as completely as he misses the point of having cats.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

10 days ago

The connection of Jews and cats reminds me vaguely of the graphic novel series The Rabbi’s Cat, which tells the tales and lessons of an Algerian Rabbi’s pet cat. It’s been a while since I read it, but I remember it as being much better than weird 4chan posts.

Demidevl
Demidevl
10 days ago

My dad always told me that people who irrationally/are overly vocal about their hate for cats tend to also hate women and/or want to control them. Good advice. (Disliking cats is fine; he meant people who make a big deal out of their hate). Apparently this also transfers to being antisemitic…

Last edited 10 days ago by Demidevl
Miri
Miri
10 days ago

If cats are the real Jews, then am I a fake Jew?

Snowberry
Snowberry
10 days ago

People who don’t think highly of pets generally make terrible parents. (That doesn’t mean that having a pet is for everyone – one can think well of the idea of having a pet while also not desiring to have one.) I’d think that people who have a purely utilitarian view of pets also treat their children as servants or trophies.

As a side note, when I was much, much younger, I found myself largely agreeing with libertarianism (american sense of the term) in the abstract, and actually voted for some libertarians when I was 19. But when I got deeper into politics, I found that I disagreed with basically everything about them. It was so surprising that I shared a lot of the same political goals while finding the philosophy, methodology, and seeming entitlement of the typical libertarian to be grotesque. Same thing happened later on with philosophical utilitarianism. I largely agreed with the goals of utilitarianism in the abstract, but most of the actual believers in it? The ones I’ve seen have overly narrow views of other people’s experiences and seem to be missing the point, of, well, everything. It turns out that there’s a good reason why people make fun of it.

@Miri
If so, that makes 2 of us, I’m not a cat either. I can’t even have a cat because I’m allergic.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
10 days ago

“Why is this napping spot different from all other napping spots?”

Ooble
Ooble
10 days ago

These people should not be allowed near animals.

Banananananana dakry: still fat and deranged
Banananananana dakry: still fat and deranged

@Ooble

Hell, these people should not be allowed near other people.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org
10 days ago

Did someone, anyone call him out for this? 4chan has 99 problems, but being anything less than adoring of cats usually ain’t one

EDIT: Wow, not only are there zero replies, but I think you buried the lede with yet another person attempting to pathologize any difference of opinion.

Last edited 10 days ago by banned@4chan.org
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
10 days ago

Wasn’t there another post like this a year or two ago? Right wingers/misogynists really are jealous of cats, aren’t they?

@WWTH
This one?

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate
10 days ago

I heard cat haters tend to be misogynists, too. I know a really weird dude who’s a Catholic priest. He’s a friend of my husband. When he was visiting and my cat walked in, this guy chased the cat all over the living room. I had to put the cat in another room. He also didn’t like women very much.

Last edited 10 days ago by Katherine the Adequate
KindaSortaHarmless
KindaSortaHarmless
10 days ago

iirc, Hitler himself preferred dogs to cats because of their loyalty.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

@banned@4chan.org

I’ve owned cats all my life and I would gladly gas you and everyone you know. Hypothesis squash.

Well, I did spot the above retort, but I can’t actually get behind it. There might be other rebukes, but there’s only so much of the fine gentlemen at that fine website that I can take.

Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)
Kat, ambassador, feminist revolution (in exile)

I hate cats.

In other news, water is wet.

an autistic giraffe
an autistic giraffe
10 days ago

How about other pets? Ferrets I think are Romani maybe? Budgies obviously are Sikhs. Guinea Pigs are Native Americans etc

an autistic giraffe
an autistic giraffe
10 days ago

OT but something I think should be said, it’s the anniversary of hurricane Maria soon, one of the worst Hurricanes to hit the USA, with much of the three thousand some deaths being the result of Trump’s incompetent handling of the crisis. I think white liberals like me have been too forgetful of that (I only remembered because of happenstance) and I think we should make a point to stop forgetting and hold Trump accountable.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Are there cat mitzvah ?

Lollypop
Lollypop
10 days ago

This is my cat during the summer heatwave. She’s may lack utilitarian value in that she’s pretty rubbish at catching things (bonus, in my book) but what a BEAUT she is.

Also regarding cats and religion, they were famously adored by Muslim scholars, and appear in old paintings with them.

20200807_135314.jpg
Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon
10 days ago

Aww, I love my little Jew parasite, even if he doesn’t love me at all and has infected me for his own gain. I don’t care, I’m happy to be infected. Whatta baybeeee *smooches him*

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
10 days ago

I think they never had a pet cat. Cats are actually quite social, mostly because we human bred that into them. And the domestication of cat wasn’t done for the benefit of cat anyhow …

@Nagflar :the rabbi’s cat is one of the pillar of modern french comic. Saying it’s better than weird 4chan posts isn’t saying much, it’s similar to saying that a meal in a 4 star restaurant is better than eating mold from the sewer.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier
10 days ago

I’m almost afraid to ask: What was he planning to do if he caught it?

Trying
Trying
10 days ago

Remember when someone called them “the purring Jew”?

I’m not surprised by this in the slightest. Cats (are more likely to) require consent. And we know what these people think of consent.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
10 days ago

Weird. Cats are independant, do what they want, take or leave people as they wish, affectionate at times of their own choosing, yet mostly content with their own company.

You’d think channers would be in favour of all that.

(Seems from the thread that most of the ones replying are, and OP is an arsehole even by their standards)

Sandra Regina
Sandra Regina
10 days ago

I have seen a meme floating around my social that basically says Cats Teach Consent. As someone who fosters stray cats – this is 100% true. 🙂
Maybe that’s why misogynists hate cats so much.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate
10 days ago

Lukas Xavier: I don’t know, maybe torture him. Hubs said the guy did ‘things’ to cats when he was younger. Shudder.

Last edited 10 days ago by Katherine the Adequate

@Threp

You’d think channers would be in favour of all that.

They probably don’t like cats because cats aren’t delusional racist assholes. I don’t have too much experience with cats, but to the best of my knowledge they don’t spend much time online ranting about how much they hate minorities.

C.A.Collins
C.A.Collins
10 days ago

Okay, then. I don’t dislike cats; they just make me sneeze, which is one of the reasons I have dogs instead, but I’ve yet to see a circumcised cat.
Maybe the OP has?

C.A.Collins
C.A.Collins
10 days ago

All kidding aside, it’s like the OP failed to understand the usage of cats in rodent control.

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives
10 days ago

@Naglfar The Rabbi’s Cat is great. Joann Sfar is amazing.

Hambeast
Hambeast
10 days ago

The behavior of our cats would seem to indicate that they at least like us a lot; they seek attention* from us on a daily basis.

My conclusion is that cats can be well-disposed towards humans and are smart enough to avoid people who hate them.

tl;dr Cats do love, they just don’t love the OP!

*the attention/affection seeking behavior is very markedly different from food-seeking behavior with these two, as well.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)

@Hambeast

Yep. One of ours is a feral who got into the habit of dropping in for food (The big one tolerates him – mostly). He’s still fairly wild and not one for being petted, but he’ll sometimes come in, eat, then sit in the door between the kitchen and lounge for an hour, just for the company. Purrs a bit when you talk to him, too.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
9 days ago

I dunno, this cat definitely appears to be Muslim:
comment image

Kereea
Kereea
9 days ago

By this standard my mom’s puppy is more Jewish than my dog.
Also it’s a dumb standard

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
9 days ago

Mr. Parasol and I love each and every one of our cats, including the ones no longer with us.

My only other contribution right now is to share a new slang term I heard: rat-licker. It means “someone who isn’t being careful during a pandemic,” as in not wearing a mask or indulging in other behavior that is about as sensible as licking a plague rat.

NautaliaC
NautaliaC
9 days ago

And don’t even get me started on rabbits, those marxists know what they’ve done.

All that aside I would love to get a bunny and a kitty and raise them together. It’s been too long since I’ve had an animal friend in my life.

@NautaliaC

And ant farms. Communism in a box, I tell you.

Moggie
Moggie

@Katherine the Adequate:

It’s very common for people who take pleasure from cruelty to animals to also be violent or sexually abusive towards people. But I’m sure it’s perfectly fine that this guy is a Catholic priest, a group who famously never abuse their power.

NautaliaC
NautaliaC
9 days ago

And ant farms. Communism in a box, I tell you.

And they’re underground society that they’ve been building up for years? Ant farm owners are just virtue signaling to the mass conspiracy.

nobody
nobody

@Snowberry

That’s because the modern big L Libertarian party was always a bunch of racist grifters trying to repackage a Neo Confederate race war for a new audience. The party virtually lost it’s left wing overnight in 2008 when Ron Paul’s racist newsletters came back into the public eye. Most left libs has no clue.

On paper Libertarianism appears to be a “reasonable” philosophy because it has a lot of “stopped clock” points. But any attempt to apply it reveals it’s Social Darwinist roots.

Anyone calling themselves a Libertarian today is either too young/privileged to know better, a naive fool or a closet racist/white supremacist too cowardly to come out and admit it.

Tldr, they’re a bunch of lying, racist grifters.

nobody
nobody
9 days ago

Oh, and IIRC, Hitler hated cats. Make of that what you will.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
9 days ago

Hitler was also a vegetarian. Reading too much into his habit isn’t particulary fruitful.

TBH thoses assholes hate everything, they just need to come up with reasons for each. I don’t think they like dogs much given that the dogpill is a thing.

@Ohlmann

I don’t think they like dogs much given that the dogpill is a thing.

They appear to be horrible abusive dog owners.

Last edited 9 days ago by Naglfar
Dalillama

@NautaliaC
We raised a rat with our dog and now they’re besties and cuddle and play together.

NautaliaC
NautaliaC

@Dalillama
I love rodents and that sounds particularly adorable. Though, I didn’t have that experience with my childhood cat and my hamster. However, my hamster did have a wild ride one night as she got out of her cage, gathered a wad of toilet paper, went downstairs and made a nest behind a cabinet. Our cat didn’t lift a paw.

Alan Robertshaw

comment image

Last edited 9 days ago by Alan Robertshaw
Dalillama

Here’s a pic:

20200818_161810_006_01.jpg
NautaliaC
NautaliaC
9 days ago

I’m glad this turned wholesome really quick. Thanks for this!

moregeekthan
moregeekthan
9 days ago

My daughter and I used to have pet rats. They were the absolute best, even it they’d occasionally chew something I’d rather they hadn’t.