men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

Women lure men into marriage with baked goods, MGTOW Redditors warn

She’s my cherry pie

By David Futrelle

Fellas! Watch out! Women will do anything to trap men into marrying them — including baking!

I learned this today in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit.

Bronzeraptor 2 points 7 hours ago
True story:

While dating, my wife used to be into baking and I would get a ton of baked goods to eat. Once rings went on her finger, suddenly she wasn't interested in baking anymore. "It's too much work.." "We don't have the space..", etc. The wave of excuses continued

It's just a trap my bro

[–]jws755[S] 1 point 5 hours ago
My ex did the same prior to the wedding. The baked goods and blowjobs both ended about a year after the honeymoon.

You’re just sitting there enjoying an endless stream of pies and cupcakes and freshly baked bread and the next thing you know you’re stuck in a loveless marriage without even a dinner roll to your name.

THAT’S HOW THEY GET YOU.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

2 months ago

The baked goods and blowjobs both ended about a year after the honeymoon.

I certainly hope this fellow didn’t mix up the two.

K.
K.
2 months ago

Hubby is voting for Biden this November. I’ve promised him cookies now that he’s joined me on the Dark Side. 😉

Seiorse
Seiorse
2 months ago

This is a gender neutral tactic. I am a man and I am luring my partner into marriage with delicious shortbread cookies.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
2 months ago

Admittedly I *did* bake for Mr. Parasol on our first date. But as it happens, I made some nice dinner rolls tonight, and he’ll probably scarf down the leftovers while he’s at work.

Oh, and later this month we’ll be celebrating our anniversary.

Etymologist
Etymologist
2 months ago

To be fair, baked goods can be very enticing.

OT: I’ve seen reports that Kyle Rittenhouse, the young, police-loving vigilante who killed two people and injured another in Kenosha, had a history of misogynistic social media posts — in addition, that is, to ordinary white supremacy and authoritarianism. (It’s almost as if there’s a pattern here /s.) It’s also worth noting that he was part of the armed white militia group to which the police offered water and encouragement, and that the police let him go home even after witnesses pointed him out as the shooter.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@Etymologist
Yay another to add to the pattern.

Lenona
Lenona
2 months ago

JudgyBitch, aka Janet Bloomfield, once sneered that all any woman needs to do to compete with the “sluts” when she wants to marry is to demonstrate a little loyalty…and domestic skills. Naturally. As she put it, she surprised her future husband by collecting all his laundry and washing it. Quote: “he told me later that THAT was the moment he knew he would marry me.”

That’s all very well if you’re hoping to become a full-time homemaker. And, of course, it’s only human to want to make a good impression when you’re dating.

Trouble is, first of all, plenty of men don’t WANT to support a housewife. (My Gen X brother was quite firm about that, broke up with one girlfriend in the 1990s for that reason, married a career woman, and they now have two teens.)

Second, if you DON’T want to be a housewife, the last thing you want to do is act as if you LIKE cooking or cleaning as much as any of your hobbies – doing such things only as a birthday present, while dating, should suffice, message-wise. Even if you do love cooking, chances are your feelings will change if and when you have no time to relax at all, after the wedding.

After all, if you both work for pay 40 hours a week, are you not each entitled to an equal amount of Rest and Relaxation? In other words, hating housework is not an excuse for either of you two to shirk your half. You wouldn’t let your older sibling get away with that excuse when you were little, so what’s the difference when it’s a spouse – or a coworker – who tries to steal your leisure time?

It’s sweet to give without demanding something in return Every Single Time, but you can’t overdo it or you’ll eventually be doing ALL the giving (as Mary Boleyn did with Henry VIII – in the novel, her father famously scolded her for it), and there IS a happy medium. Time is money and should be spent as cautiously as money in a relationship. Thus, people need to be just as compatible in money and time issues as they are with regard to sex. Or politics, maybe.

I know of at least one famous gay writer who couldn’t seem to grasp the idea that hating your work, whether it’s paid or unpaid, is not an excuse to shirk. As he put it: “Terry cooked for me, but I resented having to do dishes. As I saw it, Terry liked cooking – he enjoyed it, he told me so. Well, I didn’t enjoy washing dishes – I hated it, and I’d told him so – and didn’t see why I should have to do something I hated after he got to do something he liked. I mean, that wasn’t fair, was it?”

Honestly. One might as well argue that if you hate your PAYING job and your coworker doesn’t, you should get paid twice as much!

@Lenona

I don’t agree. I, for one, would never want to be a housewife, but I like cooking a lot and am willing to admit so. It should be possible to admit how you really feel without having to hide it. In relationships, I’m willing to do a lot of the cooking because I’m fairly good at it and like to do it, and I don’t see that as an issue, as it’s my choice.

There must also be a middle ground between “I like cooking” and “I’ll do all the cooking for you for the rest of your life.” And if one partner does like cooking and is willing to do it, it’s possible to cook food while also not being a housewife. When I was growing up, both of my parents worked full time and my father did most of the cooking. These absolutes of love or hate, cook all the time or none of the time, aren’t the case for many people.

Lainy
Lainy
2 months ago

My husband asked me to stop baking so much because he has no will power with sweets and he gains weight a lot easier then I do.

epitome of incomprehensibility

Now that I can go over to my boyfriend’s place (I usually bike, as it seems safer than the bus right bow), he’s been making supper while I write. I’ll bring food sometimes, but so far it’s been less often. But it doesn’t mean I’ll expect him to make food all the time if we live together. There is such a thing as being flexible – and pragmatic – though I guess the MGTOW crowd wouldn’t know it.

Lenona
Lenona
2 months ago

Naglfar, as I hinted earlier, IF you have no time to sit and relax at all, once you’re married, but your spouse DOES have time to daydream, and you’re doing more than your half of the chores, that’s likely to lead to resentment. After all, cooking from scratch is not only the healthful thing to do, it’s the smart way to help build a nest egg. (Take-out can easily cost at least five times as much as on-sale groceries.) So whether or not one enjoys doing it, it’s still typically a necessary chore, as is doing laundry yourself instead of taking it to the cleaners.

Which brings to mind an “Arlo & Janis” comic strip (probably from the 1990s). It’s Arlo’s turn to cook, but, as is typical for him, IIRC, he simply orders take-out. Janis is very annoyed.
Arlo: “What’s the difference? You don’t have to do it!”
Janis: “It’s the principle of the thing!”

To frugal types like myself, there’s nothing laughable about Janis’ line – after all, what she means is, “Think of all the money I save by cooking, even though I sometimes hate doing it. Where would we be if we BOTH always ordered take-out?”

AJ Canberra
AJ Canberra
2 months ago

Given the MGTOW attempts at cooking that David has shared here, I don’t think that baking is necessary to show that married life is better for men than MGTOW-dom.

Just not contracting food poisoning would still leave most of us guys ahead of the MGTOW gang.

Universal Kami
Universal Kami
2 months ago

Victorious Parasol: I hope the day goes well for you both.

Lenona
Lenona
2 months ago

It’s funny – with one exception, the few times I’VE had really nasty food poisoning was from eating at clean-looking restaurants. (No, I’m not the most cautious cook – but I know enough to take no chances with, say, raw chicken.)

Btw, what MGTOWs often don’t seem to grasp is that, for the most part, they’re being HELPFUL to the dating pool, since they supposedly make no secret of what they do and don’t want in a relationship. Therefore, heterosexual women who want marriage and children now can tell, more easily, whom to avoid. (IIRC, most MGTOWs are also not that eager to have out-of-wedlock children that the law will likely force them to support.)

Not to mention that I’d happily bet that most MRAs are made nervous by childfree (CF) women, since not only are the latter competing with men all the time, but they also lack the Achilles’ heel that MGTOWs assume every woman has. It’s too easy for CF women to shrug off any MGTOW stories they might hear, since they already know that even CF men don’t necessarily want to marry as often as CF women might – and them’s the breaks. (Even men who DO want marriage and children don’t necessarily want to be involved with them very much – which can be very unsatisfactory for the wives.)

Full Metal Ox
2 months ago

Apparently sammiches also work, or did in the Sixties:

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon
2 months ago

Oh boy oh boy! I’m probably going to get married any day now then! I’ll trap one of them in my claws soon, everyone says my baking is delicious and beautiful!

But damn, I forgot that I’m a huge cow, past the wall, and also—gasp—educated. How powerful is the baking lure? How many looksmatch points and personality flaws such as being a liberal harpy can it overcome?

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
2 months ago

The baked goods and the blowjobs both ended?

This is indeed a tragic turn of events. Thoughts & prayers, MGTOW guy.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
2 months ago

@Big Titty Demon : do you *really* want to get one of them ?

I can lure cockroachs easily, but I don’t want them near me actually. I suspect the same principle apply here.

If we believe their credos, you don’t even need to catch and castrate them like we do on pigeons : they supposedly already don’t reproduce. At least not sexually.

@Ohlmann

they supposedly already don’t reproduce. At least not sexually.

It appears instead they reproduce memetically.

@Full Metal Ox
I hear milkshakes also work, they can bring all the boys to the yard.

Sheila Crosby
1 month ago

The baked goods and blowjobs both ended about a year after the honeymoon.

I wonder if, just possibly, the wife stopped doing things for the writer because the writer wasn’t doing anything much for her? Or perhaps there was a new baby to look after and she no longer had time or energy? I’d love to hear her side of it.

Zemyla
Zemyla

Lenona:

Yeah, it’s weird. Greasy spoon-type places that seem like they should be havens for stomach bugs are often healthier in that respect than clean-looking ones, especially chain restaurants. They taste better too.

Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
Threp (formerly Shadowplay)
1 month ago

QFT. They taste wonderful, and I’ve certainly never had a problem from them. Think there’s so much grease and steam around that any bugs basically get clogged and can’t move. 🙂

I’ve had food poisoning (as in doctor confirmed, not just a dodgy stomach) twice: once from a sandwich from a chain store, and once from a Michelin starred restaurant. Which were an odd experience in the first place – that molecular gastronomy fad from a few years back weren’t for me. Wife wanted to give it a try though and, hey, I’ll try anything once.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

I have had food poisoning from a dodgy-looking stall once, but it’s not that much more often than regular restaurant.

Actual cleanliness and apparent cleanliness are two different things. It’s harder to look clean without being clean, so it’s still worth checking, but one should not put too much trust on that test.

Also, pretty much any restaurant can give you food poisoning. It’s much less likely with strong precautions, but there’s alway the day where the cook had a bad night and did a single slip up who unfortunately was at the only moment where a slip up would have consequences.

(also, fried food is much less likely to give food poisoning to begin with)

1 month ago

Another reason is because fancy restaurants are more likely to serve raw or undercooked meats as gourmet food (e.g. tartare, sashimi, etc), which can give food poisoning.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

O/T :

““Our leaders want us to believe this is a racial conflict, they’re always telling us it is. They’re lying. It is not a racial conflict,” Carlson grumbled, adding: “This is not a race war. This is a class war.””

That’s very true, and quite dangerous for him to say. After all, he basically admitted that republicains are trying to wage a class war.

Laserqueen
Laserqueen
1 month ago

I’m a pretty darn good baker, and when I bring something to a work carry-in, it’s really tasty and looks great. When the men I work with don’t like it, or it’s not their favorite, it’s totally fine by me. Most are super apologetic, as if I take it personally that what I make is not to their liking. They offer this without my asking if they liked it, or me even noticing that they didn’t take any of what I brought. This has been over many different men over many years. They always respond like I am seeking their approval for something I’m good at and enjoy. I guess I was setting traps?

Of course most of them bring in something their wives made. After a compliment on one dish, this dude actually said, “My wife made it. I think I’ll keep her.”

The division with the chemists? Those men are awesome cooks. Never ever miss a brisket cook off, a chili cook off, crock pots of soup, or the huge trays of baked goods this one lovely man brings in. Honestly, when the email goes out, you can hear people leaving their offices and heading to the collaboration area.

@Laserqueen
The discussion of different sciences doing cook offs reminds me of this XKCD comic:comment image

The division with the chemists? Those men are awesome cooks.

Do they cook over Bunsen burners?

Mrs Morley
Mrs Morley

@Lenona

That’s essentially the argument for paying people very well indeed to handle garbage and excrement.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 month ago

I like to bake, but with only two people in the household, one of whom is diabetic, I can’t let myself do it very often.

I also like to collect the easiest possible recipes that still work. Current fave is Cockeyed Cake/Wacky Cake, which can be found on a bunch of different websites and in Peg Bracken’s I Hate to Cook Book (1960). I add some chocolate chips and instant coffee to the mix, plus an extra spoonful of cocoa.

Laserqueen
Laserqueen

@Naglfar

Nope. No food in chemistry labs. The stuff they deal with is nasty! Maybe at home though!

Thanks for the XKCD, I hadn’t seen that one.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Ohlmann

you don’t even need to catch and castrate them like we do on pigeons

… what? How? Do… the pigeons survive? They have a cloaca, how can it be cost-effective to do what must be an internal procedure on both sexes when birds die from like basically any blood loss… they only live 5 years to begin with, will it really affect the breeding population? I never heard of this before but have so many questions.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 month ago

I am not sure how they do that TBH, I just know there are large scale pigeon sterilization campaign, because thoses reproduce way too fast and are super harmful to houses.

Maybe it’s actually just 5 years worth of contraceptive pills.

@Laserqueen

I was originally joking, but I would imagine a Bunsen burner could be used in a kitchen setting at home. Since it probably would be hard to use as an effective gas stove, maybe it could be used like a blow torch, for instance for crème brûlée. Though that would go against standard procedures for its use, it seems possible.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It’s shocking that when women don’t cook or bake, it’s bad because feminism is ruining women’s ability to be domestic. But then it’s also bad when we do cook or bake because we’re trying to trap men. I just can’t believe that in the manuresphere, everything women do is wrong!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs
1 month ago

I read somewhere (could even have been on WHTM, probably!) that one of the best, most cost-effective and even cheapest (and certainly most humane) ways to reduce the feral urban pigeon population is to provide them with attractive nesting sites (effectively reproducing the urban pigeon-lofts that most of their ancestors were purposely bred in and then turfed out of when pigeon-keeping fell out of favour), complete with food and water, and just keep replacing their eggs with fakes; population plummets.

Cheaper (modest initial investment, plus requires far fewer people and person-hours) and safer than shooting or poisoning or trapping or whatever else people keep trying.

I think it’s being done somewhere in Germany (??? my memory is rubbish, maybe someone knows?)

Nequam
Nequam
1 month ago

@Naglfar: I’d think a magnetic stirrer might be more useful in a kitchen situation than a Bunsen burner.

@opposablethumbs

just keep replacing their eggs with fakes

If we did that, would it be safe to cook and eat the real eggs?

Laserqueen
Laserqueen

@Nequam

Oh I’ve always wanted a magnetic stirrer at home. We have a stainless steel blender that can be immaculately cleaned. We use it to properly fluff PTFE powder to press into optical standards. There’s never even been a margarita joke about that blender come to think of it.

When more people come back to work, I’ll ask around and see if anyone has tried a stirrer for cooking.

@Laserqueen
If you want a magnetic stirrer for the kitchen, I think they make stirrers with built-in heating elements so you could heat and stir things at the same time.
Like this one.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

@Naglfar,

If we did that, would it be safe to cook and eat the real eggs?

I expect pigeon eggs are just as nutritious as any other bird’s, but feral urban pigeons are notoriously prone to parasites and diseases (probably at least in part because of the urban environment). I’d guess this might make their eggs unsuitable for consumption.
(don’t know how they compare with wild pigeons)

Lenona
Lenona
1 month ago

Naglfar, that brings to mind a classic 19th-century fantasy by George MacDonald:

The second illustration is by Jessie Willcox Smith. She studied under Howard Pyle.

As a kid, I vaguely thought that the very existence of pigeons in the countryside was practically magical; I didn’t know that, aside from the old practice of rich people keeping dovecotes (for pigeon pies), pigeons are also known as rock doves, so of COURSE you might find them in mountainous country – or even just hanging around a castle. (Which makes the adult reader wonder even more, early on – is this really all just in young Irene’s imagination?)

WWTH: I like to say that on the one hand, yes, it’s too bad that starting in the 1970s, the role of the housewife got such a bad rap, since that wasn’t exactly the best way to get boys to do their share of the chores without complaining bitterly. However, one would think that by now, conservatives would realize that SOMETHING had to be done to get girls to think twice before throwing away their opportunities, whether after high school or after college. As an abandoned “happy housewife” said in 1987: “if you lose your husband you can’t go down to the employment agency and apply for a new one!”

And speaking of kids who hate chores…one simple solution, which, amazingly, most North American parents don’t seem to use, is to rotate chores, not every day or even every week, but every Four Months or so – or until everyone learns a set of chores to perfection, whichever comes second. Not only are kids more likely to take pride in their work when they have to practice so much, but they also clearly can’t lie and say “it’s not my turn!” Also, that way, parents can figure out more easily who is the real slacker in the family.

Lenona
Lenona
1 month ago

Also, it would prevent scenes like this one, since, with a four-month plan, the mother could simply walk in and say “you KNOW what chore you should have done by now – so WHY HAVEN’T YOU DONE IT?”

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
1 month ago

MGTOW think married men are “enslaved” by their wives, while also thinking it’s the wife’s job to do chores such as cooking and baking.

I just realized there’s an amusing parallel to a famous betrayal in the Finnish epic Kalevala, where a wealthy farm woman pranks her serf (an actual enslaved man) by baking a stone inside his bread. He then goes on a murder rampage, in a painstaking demonstration of the age old trope “women laugh at men, men kill women in response”.

Quoting canto 33, lines 81-102 (translation by Keith Bosley, Oxford university press, 1987):

He drew his knife from the sheath
to cut up the loaf:
the knife skidded on the stone
stubbed against the piece of rock
and the blade sheered off the knife
snapped off the dagger.
Kullervo, Kalervo’s son
looks at his dear knife
and fell to weeping;
he uttered a word, spoke thus:
‘One knife was brethren
one iron was love –
goods my father got
my parent laid up
and I broke it on a stone
scrunched it on a piece of rock
on the bad mistress’s loaf
baked by the evil woman!
How shall I repay the wife’s laughter
wife’s laughter and wench’s taunts
the wicked hag’s provisions
what the evil whore has baked?’

@Lenona
Would it be at all possible to use blockquotes to quote the specific comment or part of a comment you are responding to? It makes things a lot easier to follow.

I think it’s more that that was when feminists pointed out that not all women wanted to be housewives and shouldn’t have to. I’d never want to be a housewife, but I have nothing against women who do choose to be housewives (or for that matter people of any gender who are homemakers) so long as it is their choice and not something imposed upon them.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
1 month ago

WTF. Do you really mix it up in the pan? How do you mix it up in the pan adequately if the pan is greased, without messing up the grease? Can’t I just mix it in a bowl and pour it into the pan???

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Lumipuna
To be fair, our lad had a whole lot of pent-up anger about the whole ‘being enslaved’ part, which rather overwhelms gender relationships in this context. Also, IIRC she and her husband had been involved in murdering his whole family, so there’s that too. The moral of that story is “don’t be a genocidal slaver”, not “dudes overreact to minor provocations”.

@PoM

Can’t I just mix it in a bowl and pour it into the pan???

You could do that, but then you would need to wash more dishes afterwards.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 month ago

Can’t I just mix it in a bowl and pour it into the pan???

I admit that’s what I’ve been doing.

Some Chick in Texas
Some Chick in Texas

@Sheila

I was coming here to say this. Did she stop doing nice things for him because he turned into a lazy, entitled pig who did nothing nice for her and just added to her burden? Miggies seem like the type to do this. Of course, if you asked them, they’d claim to be some long suffering saint.

Lainy
Lainy
1 month ago

Some creep on Twitter is attacking the woman who’s onlyfans I’m subscribed too and I made a mistake and now I’ve triggered myself pretty hard. I don’t know what else to do with these feelings and panic so I’m posting it here.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Sheila

This thing is pretty amusing to me, since I seem to recall my mother saying something about my father cooking for her before they got married. This tapered off in the early days of married life. The breakfasts were the last to go, apparently. Not that I know enough to say if this was an intentional move on his part, but I’m pretty sure miggies and their ilk would probably congratulate him on his tactic, since these things are only bad if women do them.

Though maybe it’s just baking that’s bad? Wily females lure you in with baked goods, while honest, hard-working men will demonstrate their cooking skills so that, later on, you know he can, he just doesn’t?

1 2 3