Uncategorized

QUIZ: Which of these quotes came from the MGTOW subreddit, and which from the Daily Stormer?

A new, improved logo for Men Going Their Own Way?

By David Futrelle

Pop quiz! Your instructions are simple: Just tell me which of the following quotes came from the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, and which from articles or comments on The Daily Stormer. (You can click on the “source” links to see them in their original contexts, though that will tend to give away the answers.)

Let’s begin:

1. “It’s not society rioting, its Planet of the Apes.” (Source)
  2. “Women recieve more in welfare aid, as a group, than they pay in income tax. It’s a systematic crowd-funded cuckolding.” (Source)
  3. “No daddy? Dont worry little niglet, gubment will be yo daddy.” (Source)
  4. “You can’t even criticize, question, call out, challenge black people without being labeled as “racist, insecure, jealous, pee-wee whiteboi”. Happens to me 9 times out of 10. And this is coming from a guy who’s a bit of a racist.” (Source)
  5. “The thots voted in 12 inches of cultural enrichment and they are now taking 12 inches of cultural enrichment. Make your thots quit suiciding your race.” (Source)
  6. “The ultimate goal of Leftism is a return to open discrimination and state sponsored bigotry – the only difference with straight white men as the targets this time. It’s a plot to destroy western civilization simple as that.” (Source)
  7. “We are being invaded . People want to come here and denounce white men like we aren’t the sole reason our society has been so successful. Fucking retards.” (Source)
  8. “Jews steer black culture in America….from the slave trade to now….blacks are fully controlled by jews. These are facts. Only a minuscule amount of blacks know this…and the ones who do speak out about are marginalized, criminalized, or cauterized into submission.” (Source)
  9. “Blacks in America are, except for notable exceptions, a failure.” (Source)
  10. “I’m feeling absolutely great about being white. My ancestors were kicking ass all over the globe. Only thing I feel bad is that they left too many of those other people alive. Now we have to hear that screeching until we dust off the old trusty battle axe and wield it once again.” (Source)

Pencils down! The answer key is below.

ANSWERS: Tricked you! They’re all from the MGTOW subreddit, where the regular commenters seem to get more blatant about their racism and antisemitism every day.

The MGTOW subreddit is in “quarantine” on Reddit, a fairly mild restriction given the nature of what is regularly posted there. Reddit took down an assortment of white supremacist subreddits a while back. I’m not sure what their excuse is for allowing r/MGTOW to continue.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

3 months ago

The MGTOW subreddit is in “quarantine”

Insert COVID-19 joke here.

So close…

NSFW question: I’ve never taken a 12 inch cock, but wouldn’t that be painful? I don’t have a vagina so I don’t know how it would feel there, but I feel like it would be painful due to the size.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

I am baffled at #4.

I mean, the self-awareness that he’s a racist is nice, but… why is he adding that??? The way that form of caveat works is that it underlines you’re saying something despite who you are. “There are too many nazis in America, and this is coming from a guy who’s a bit of a racist” would work fine. But this? I know it’s too much to hope for MGTOWs to make sense, but this is just egregious.

I’m impressed that 9 out of 10 people choose exactly the same set of insults for him every time, though.

Snowberry
Snowberry
3 months ago

This one’s blatantly unfair. At least with the incels vs. TERFs one, there’s no member overlap, and there are subtle differences in phrasing and focus. But there’s a lot of overlap between the MGTOWs/Redpillers and the various neo-nazi groups including Stormfront, so there’s no reasonable way to guess where any of them came from.

I was actually a bit relieved to find that David was trolling rather than lost his mind.

@Rabid Rabbit

One would also think that if he’s self aware that he’s a racist maybe he could try to work on that so as to be less like the Nazis. One of the hardest things about getting people to confront internalized racism and other bigotries is getting them to acknowledge them on the first place, which most people are highly resistant to doing because they don’t want to admit being racist.

@Snowberry

At least with the incels vs. TERFs one, there’s no member overlap

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. A lot of TERFs are men like Graham Linehan, who is known for being rather misogynistic and incelish (to the point that his fans are sometimes called “Glincels”). Plus his wife seems to have left him, so he’s not too dissimilar to many incels. I would imagine there could be an overlap between TERFs and incels as a result of the “angry white male” demographic in both.

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie

@Rabid Rabbit:

I think he’s saying the statement

“racist, insecure, jealous, pee-wee whiteboi”

is coming from someone who is a bit of a racist.

Certainly not that HE’S one. Heaven forbid that he be counted as a racist by (another) racist…

Snowberry
Snowberry
3 months ago

@Naglfar: I would be surprised to find Graham Lineham running in incel circles, even if he is a bit incellish, though. I will concede that it’s possible that there’s a miniscule overlap between the two, but it’d be a very strange one: men who despise cis women and want to punish them for existing yet still want to “protect” them from transfolk, especially transwomen.

@Snowberry

A lot of TERF men do seem to hate cis women yet simultaneously want to protect them, this seems to be a common thread among misogynists. One of the things I find really creepy about TERF men is how they seem to think women need their protection but they themselves seem like the kind of people that actually could pose a danger.

The other part of incel ideology is a sense of entitlement, which Graham definitely has, he notably was called out a few years ago for jokes about non consensually groping various celebrities’ breasts. Other TERF men seem to have a similar sort of entitlement, like Graham’s friend and fellow TERF Jonathan Ross, who got in trouble for dry-humping a colleague without consent. In short, although Graham and Jon may not call themselves as incels, they display enough similarity that there may be men who do self identify as both incels and “gender critical” (or whatever they’re calling themselves this time).

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Uh, yeah. The obsession with 12 inch dicks is definitely a cis male thing. Vagina owners are not generally clamoring for that.

Speaking of dicks, Steve King’s Nazi ass got primaried out of congress tonight. Not that the guy who won is so good either, but still

comment image

Janet Walenta
Janet Walenta
3 months ago

Misogynists of color don’t realize that casting their lot with the patriarchy, ultimate, won’t work out well for them. Just like Karens.

Catalpa
Catalpa
3 months ago

A lot of misogynists want to “protect” women (well, cis women), and it’s always in essentially the same way that you would want to “protect” your car, or perhaps a pet. This thing is your object, and you want to make sure that no one uses or damages your object without permission first. There’s a little more consideration for pets beyond mere objects, sure, but no matter how much you love your dog, the dog isn’t capable of making its own reasoned decisions when it comes to life choices, dietary choices, etc and must therefore be controlled for its own good.

The breed of misogynist that just wants to outright brutalize and murder women is a bit rarer, but the underlying idea (that women are objects rather than people) is present, regardless of whether the conclusion drawn is to destroy the defective objects or to “benevolently guide” the objects into behaving the way they should.

Lainy
Lainy
3 months ago

Anything over 9 is to much and 9 comes with a type of pain that if your not into its not fun, 12 would be just pain. I’m not a horse, no human woman needs that much. my husband is 8 and we need to be slow and careful a lot of the time because I’m so small he could really hurt me without trying to hard. I like that but smaller sizes are fun because you don’t need all the prep to take them and can get to more intense stuff a lot quicker. the giant cock is mostly a power fantasy that no women, not even the size queens, are really into.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
3 months ago

@Nagfljar : in fact, the rare possessors of very very long dicks actually have trouble having sex in general. I don’t even know if any human have had a 12 inch cock, but well before that you have the point where a lot of things become very awkward. Mostly sex things, albeit I have heard peeing with something longer than the average ruler isn’t exactly practical either.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
3 months ago

Never mind ludicrous penis size preferences – I once met a woman who was a fan of 9 inch nails!

Lumipuna
Lumipuna

Ohlmann:

If I had a 12 inch (potential) penis, I’d hope to never get erect while wearing pants.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria
3 months ago

I know that consistency is something something with these types, but this one really stuck out to me because the beginning seems to be going towards discrimination and bigotry being bad, but the whole thing with destroying western civilisation turns it around. Sure, (open) discrimination and (state sponsored) bigotry are bad things, but at least they don’t endanger western civilisation!

Perhaps it’s nice that they’re being open about which parts of western civilisation they idolize?

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Lumipuna

Haha! <3 I'm one of them. Devilish tricky to type with though.

Moggie
Moggie
3 months ago

Perhaps Trent Reznor dictates everything, rather than typing.

Steph
Steph
3 months ago

So 4 I knew had to be MGTOW but why am I surprised.
MGTOW is just a cesspit of misogyny and racism.

Also is there a source for women as a group receiving more in welfare than they pay in taxes? And are they including funds for children in that?

Steph
Steph
3 months ago

Also – how is debate about police brutality, particularly targeted at African Americans about “cultural enrichment”.

I mean normally that phrase is used towards recent Immigrants / their children.

But African- Americans aren’t in that category?!

Moggie
Moggie
3 months ago

But straight white men form a large part – possibly the majority – of western “leftists”. Are they planning to oppress themselves?

@WWTH

Steve King’s Nazi ass got primaried out of congress tonight.

Well that’s a relief. Maybe Americans will soon remember that Nazis = bad and won’t want another 4 years of the orange one.

Re: giant penises
I looked it up (do not recommend searching, too many NSFW links come up) and apparently there are humans with 12 inches+. However, the owners did not seem too pleased because it made it hard to have sex and they apparently got lightheaded when erect due to the blood flow. I’m just thinking about how hard it would be to tuck that away if one happens to be a trans* fem with 12 inches (and I don’t know if bottom surgery would be possible then either).

Re: Nine Inch Nails
Anyone want to start a cover band called 23 Centimeter Nails?

Perhaps Trent Reznor dictates everything, rather than typing.

The bigger question for me would be, how would he play guitar?

@Moggie
I’d guess that they think any white male leftists are probably race traitors or part of some conspiracy.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
3 months ago

Women recieve more in welfare aid, as a group, than they pay in income tax. It’s a systematic crowd-funded cuckolding result of women being pushed into a cycle of dependency through lack of access to education and higher paying jobs that would allow them to support families, and also the pink tax that makes everything from clothing to mortgages more expensive for women.

FTFY.

They don’t think women should have jobs at all. Then they complain about having to financially support women (and children).

3 months ago

Upon thinking about it further, maybe someone could do some sort of fingerpicking with 9 inch long nails on the picking hand. It’s not uncommon for fingerstyle and classical guitarists to grow long nails or (in the modern day) to wear nail extensions, but I don’t think anyone has done that with 9 inch nails. The difficulty of hitting the strings right from that distance and the near certainty of breaking a nail and/or scratching up the instrument would make it extremely impractical and pointless. Though maybe someone could make a gimmick video of NIN covers while wearing 9 inch nail extensions.

…I’ve totally overthought this.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Naglfar:
But overthinking things can be fun!

Fingernails that long tend to be a pain, though. For starters, fingernails don’t necessarily grow straight, they tend to have at least some curl to them, though the amount is variable. I’ve seen pictures where the fingernails basically grew helical like goat horns.

For most people, though, their fingernails are barely strong enough to hold that sort of shape under their own weight at that length, much less if you applied enough force to pluck guitar strings with them. They’re going to flex.

It would be easier to cut them off and then polish one to use it as a standard guitar pick. And now I wonder if anybody has ever actually done that.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ jenora

I’ve seen a lot of people with longer nails on one hand and very trimmed nails on the other. For some people it’s no doubt practical. It does have associations though with announcing “Hey; I’m a guitarist!”

@Jenora

They’d be a good bit narrower than a standard guitar pick, and I’d still think flex would be an issue. I’d say use artificial nails if anyone does want to do the gimmick I described.

Interestingly, although I don’t think anyone has made picks out of severed fingernails, some very expensive picks are made of tortoise shells, which are made out of keratin much like fingernails. I’ve never used a tortoiseshell pick, only imitation ones like the Dunlop Tortex series, but some players swear by them.

And if you want keratin but not from humans or tortoises there are picks made of buffalo horn (and possibly other animal horns as well) available.

If you happen to have a sheet of keratin somehow (not sure whether/how you can get one) you can make your own picks somewhat easily, there are relatively cheap devices to punch picks out of material like this one. I’m not a fan since most of them break easily and not many household materials make good picks, but I did start out playing with a pick I cut from an old credit card with scissors, so YMMV.

(That first pick wasn’t good at all, but it did get me started until I could buy real picks).

@Alan Robertshaw
Since I play with a pick, I have trimmed nails on both hands. It’s also part of why I don’t paint my fingernails, the other reason being that I do a lot with my hands and it would chip off quickly.

Talonknife
Talonknife

@Catalpa

A lot of misogynists seem to think of women in exactly the way I think of my Magic cards. Pulling a particularly rare card is a status symbol, so I try extra hard to keep my cards looking as new and undamaged as possible so they’re more impressive when I show them off to other players. Misogynists feel the same way about women; since they view women as status symbols to show off to other men, they have to protect their women from anything that would lower their own status by proxy. Essentially, it’s the trophy wife mentality but magnified.

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter
3 months ago

Good Luck with that, Dude. You probably couldn’t even lift a battle axe.
Of the current world population of 7.5 billion, approximately 850 million (11.5%) are “white”. We’re out-numbered.
Most of the past axe wielding was against members of our own “white” race. Whiteness wasn’t a big identifier in the past – ethnicity was. French vs English, Serbs vs Croats, Greeks vs Romans, and the axe wielding Vikings against every white ethnic group in northern Europe. Many of our traditional “racial enemies” are now counted as members of the white “race”. (Gotta pad the numbers, ya’know.)

And men & children receive decades of underpaid or unpaid work in the domestic sphere & in volunteer activities.
If men had to pay women for all they have done so that men can just exist, and to make their lives better, women could pay more taxes AND would rarely need government handouts.

Crip Dyke
3 months ago

OT, but related: Someone who had engineered access to the Facebook account of the deputy mayor in Brewer, Maine decided now was a great time for some internet racism. So that person posted incredibly racist things. When activists attempted to hold accountable the deputy mayor, Thomas Morelli, he promptly informed them he’d been hacked by someone attempting to frame him.

Because he’s an idiot, he then filed a police report about the hacking, which, for some reason, led the police to actually investigate the hacking.

But the investigation revealed – wait for it, you’re going to be massively surprised – the person who put the racist posts up on the Facebook account of Thomas Morelli was … Thomas Morelli

And now he’s lost his job and is being charged with filing a false police report. Well, at least we can say that if we know about this, he didn’t deserve that job in the first place. So getting rid of him is a silver lining to temporarily increasing the racism of the internet.

Full story: https://bangordailynews.com/2020/06/03/news/bangor/brewers-deputy-mayor-accused-of-filing-false-police-report-over-racist-messages/

Simon
Simon
3 months ago

Steve Huffman has penned a letter in support of BLM. Bang goes another irony meter. The against hate subreddits piece about it is worth a minute.

Dengler
Dengler
3 months ago

That line about Jews supposedly controlling Black Americans people all the way since the times of slavery and sabotaging every black man trying to “rebel against Jewish oppression” is giving strong Louis Farrakhan vibes.

A crossover between NoI and MRAs would be the most shining example of horseshoe theory in the world’s history.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Dengler

NoI is not exactly far left, and horseshoe theory is bunk regardless because the political spectrum isn’t that simple. Don’t act like liberalism has clean hands here, thanks.

Dengler
Dengler

@Cyborgette

I’m not a liberal, I’m a socdem. By “horseshoe” I didn’t mean “a collusion of far-right and far-left”, I meant “a collusion between very different types of cranks”. You know, like TERFs sometimes ally with Christian fundamentalists, or (in Russia) tankies ally with monarchists.

Specialffrog
Specialffrog
3 months ago

@Dengler: That’s more like crank magnetism.

@Specialffrog
I could be wrong, but I thought crank magnetism was the tendency of an individual to buy into multiple forms of woo or conspiracy theories after buying into one. For example, how someone who thinks reptilian aliens control the world is more likely to think the Earth is flat or be an antivaxxer.

I think what Dengler is describing is more akin to the idea of “the enemy of my enemy is my friend,” in which groups that claim to have very different goals become less than strange bedfellows uniting against a common enemy.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
3 months ago

I don’t think it’s crank magnetism so much as bigotry magnetism. Various forms of bigotry are generally very comfortable coexisting in the same brain, and so bigots can usually find common ground with other bigots even if they aren’t on the same political side.

@PoM
That reminds me a bit of this comic from the Trans Advocate:
I confess, one thing I do find strange about the comic is how the conservative Christian woman has very short hair, while typically conservatives force women to have long hair. But other than that, the comic seems relevant.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
3 months ago

The tattoo sleeve looks kind of odd on the conservative Christian, too. I think it would actually work better if the two presentations were reversed, but maybe it’s trying to make a point of not judging a book by its cover?

@PoM

I think it would actually work better if the two presentations were reversed

I didn’t even notice the tattoo sleeve originally, I thought it was arm hair. I agree it would make somewhat more sense to flip the women, as the conservative one looks much more like a stereotypical butch lesbian while the radical feminist is more conservatively presenting.

Probably not many conservative Christian butch women with tattoos. Though to the best of my knowledge most TERFs are cishet women using lesbians as shields and there probably aren’t many butch TERFs because TERFs generally don’t like butch women much.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Naglfar

That is how RationalWiki defines it, and I think it’s a very useful term.

While what Dengler is describing is certainly true (we’re all quite familiar with the alliance between TERFs and the Religious Right), it doesn’t quite fall under Horseshow Theory as I understand it, which is more about how the “far left” and “far right” resemble each other more than the “center,” rather than about such groups allying with each other.

(I personally think this view of things is far too simplistic, because there is not a simple, single-axis “left vs. right” continuum, as anyone looking at the ideological infighting between closely related groups has seen.)

Things like the TERF/RR alliance seem to fall more under “the enemy of my enemy is my friend.”

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Naglfar
Really, Jonathan Ross? Goddammit Britain

@Bakunin
He’s defended Graham several times in the past couple months. TBH I didn’t know who he was until then.