men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny spermjacking

MGTOW urges men to pelt their used condoms with gamma rays to keep sneaky ladies from stealing their sperm

This dude knows something about gamma rays

By David Futrelle

If you’ve been reading this blog for long, you probably know how terrified many manospherians are of getting spermjacked — that is, having some woman they’ve just had sex with fishing their used condoms out of the trash and using the sperm to impregnate herself so she can live the high life off of the sweet child support cash.

So you also know that these guys often share tips on how to avoid this dire fate — by flushing the condoms down the toilet, for example, or by squirting a bit of tabasco sauce into them. (Some dedicated anti-spermjackers claim to carry tabasco sauce with them at all times in case sex suddenly breaks out.)

But this isn’t enough for some wary men. In a discussion today in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, one commenter suggested microwaving used condoms “so she doesnt hit you with the dumpster dive baby.”

But another commenter by the name of fmanly isn’t sure this would be enough.

Honestly, I’m not sure how effective a microwave would be for this purpose. It might just mess the DNA up just enough that you’ll be paying medical bills on top of the regular support.

Now, obviously if you heat it to boiling/etc that will probably kill the sperm, but the effects would be more thermal – putting it in boiling water would have the same effect.

I suspect a few seconds on high probably wouldn’t do much. Microwaves aren’t ionizing – they’re lower energy than visible light.

UV-C is another story if you can penetrate through everything (I’m sure the latex would absorb a lot of it though). Gamma rays are really the only way to be sure when it comes to EM sterilization – well, that or X-rays.

Now, I realize that fmanly here is probably making these last suggestions somewhat tongue-in-cheek. But on the off chance that one of his readers might take him seriously, I would like to strongly warn anyone contemplating this strategy: DO NOT PELT YOUR SPERM WITH GAMMA RAYS.

Because you know where that can lead:

You’ve been warned.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Anonymous
Anonymous
5 months ago

Have none of these people heard of vasectomies?

5 months ago

I highly doubt anyone wants MGTOW sperm.

I wonder if they have arguments with each other about which hot sauce to use. When it comes to flavor I much prefer Benito’s Hot Sauce (the Mango Habanero sauce is amazing) but it’s pricier so I doubt they’d use it for this extremely pointless application. Though frankly I’ll peg the chance that any MGTOW has ever done this at roughly 0%.

I googled and it appears sperm are unlikely to live more than a few minutes to maybe a couple hours in a condom at room temperature, so even if spermjacking was an issue, this would be rather pointless compared to just letting it sit. Though I’m sure they’ll take any excuse to fantasize about women getting hurt.

@Anonymous
A few have bragged about getting vasectomies, though one wonders why if they’re supposedly going their own way from women, which should preclude sex.

Anonymous
Anonymous

@Naglfar

I can only assume that they think jacking off somehow makes them gay or something. Nothing else makes sense.

@Anonymous

It appears some men do genuinely believe that, though I’m not sure about MGTOWs.

Mabret the Virile Maiden
Mabret the Virile Maiden
5 months ago

Where the hell do they expect to find gamma rays?

Dalillama
Dalillama
5 months ago

I understand that carrying tabasco sauce at all times is common in some places, but that’s to add spice to expectedly bland restaurant foods*. This is a new one on me.

*Pretty much everyplace around here supplies customers with green and red Tabasco, and usually Tapatío and/or Cholula as well.

5 months ago

Is tabasco etymologically related to tobacco?

Lucrece
Lucrece

@Alan

Is tabasco etymologically related to tobacco?

>:-(

Dalillama
Dalillama
5 months ago

Probably not, but neither word has a clear etymology. Both entered English via Spanish; tobacco is probably from a Taíno word, and tabasco is probably from Maya, but Taíno is extinct and etymologies differ on what Maya word, or even whether it’s actually from Nahuatl. It beggars belief that there wasn’t contact between the Maya and the Taíno, and the possibility exists of linguistic cross-pollination, but we don’t and can’t ever know the truth of it anymore.

5 months ago

Cheers to both. It was just one of this thoughts that emerges at this hour. Thought maybe it was a spicy plant thing.

5 months ago

Fun Tabasco fact is that the sauce is made on a salt island in the Louisiana bayou and is one of the few US companies to be an official supplier to the Queen of the UK. I still don’t care for it much, though.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

So, the MGTOW want to nuke their jizz from orbit because it’s the only way to be sure?

Okay, dudes. If you say so.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Anonymous:

Presumably because getting a vasectomy is the same thing as getting castrated, dontcha know.

5 months ago

When I did physics at school we actually got to play with alpha, beta, and gamma ray sources. We used a Geiger counter (or ‘Geiger-Muller tube’ as our teacher insisted we called it. Then we had to see what blocked them. Air, cardboard, lead, er, our hands…

I suspect that might no longer be a thing.

5 months ago

Ah cool; radiation was safe.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
5 months ago

Talk about poisoning the well, actually.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit
5 months ago

Just please tell me that some of them get things mixed up and put the tabasco sauce into the condom before sex breaks out, thereby ensuring (unless it’s a kink they’re into) that sex doesn’t actually happen, which would be better all around.

Lucrece
Lucrece
5 months ago

I’d actually like to encourage the MGTOWs to apply gamma radiation to their gonads now – why wait until the sperm is outside your body?

Kevin
Kevin
5 months ago

There is a good reason for putting used condoms and their contents beyond third-party use, I won’t go into it here as that would play into Red Pillock etc hands. The police and courts have even been known to be taken in by the odd, admittedly rare, serial offender.

occasional reader
occasional reader
5 months ago

Alternatively, they could drink it, and as they refuse to do cunni, it will be safe. (yeah, there are some sarcasms here)
And for tabasco, i was thinking it was used as a cheaper version of mace (when you could not afford mace). I mean, tabasco in the eye or in the nose ? Quite unpleasant.

Have a nice day.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
5 months ago

I’m pretty sure there are condoms with spermicide out there. I remember seeing those. Seems like a lot less trouble than what these dinguses are willing to go to.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
5 months ago

Disclaimer: this subreddit is not official and does not represent MGTOW officially. All knowledge found here is posted by volunteers.

Does this mean that there is an official MGTOW? Staffed by paid employees?

Also, is “knowledge” a synonym for “BS”?

So many questions, so little time.

Johanna
Johanna
5 months ago

@Alan I got to do a lab like that in high school ten years ago. It’s still done, but the radiation sources are pretty weak on a high school level. Our safety instructions for the lab were “Don’t eat the alpha source, don’t poke yourself in the eye with the beta source, and don’t stand in front of the gamma source.” We did get to block the alpha and beta sources with our hands. If I remember correctly all of them were so weak they were barely discernible from the background radiation (p=0.045). A friend who did physics at uni got to do a similar lab with a gamma source that took 15 cm of pure lead to block. Our sources were embedded in glass rods, so we finished the lab with a fencing match with the alpha and beta rods. Fun times.

Moggie
Moggie
5 months ago

Why are MGTOWs having sex with women, anyway? You can’t truly have gone your own way if you’re still in a situation to worry about who has your sperm.

Shadowplay
5 months ago

I … um … always have a mini bottle of tabasco on me. Packets of mustard and tartare sauce, too, courtesy of Wetherspoons, and a bit of salt and pepper usually nicked from McDonalds. They live in a small tin in my coat pocket.

Ginger
Ginger

@Alan @Johanna

DO WANT THIS SCIENCE KIT!

Srsly, you had radioactive isotopes in high school?! Wow. I didn’t use any radioisotopes until I worked in research laboratories after undergrad.

The alpha and beta sources in these kits and samples were probably very weak emitters with short half-lives. (Still, despite the kit illustrations, don’t hold them near your face.) The gamma emitter was probably present in such small amounts that it wasn’t very hazardous. Do you remember which isotopes you used? I’m just curious.

An ordinary sheet of paper stops alpha particles (helium nuclei) because they are relatively large and slow-moving. To stop beta particles (electrons) lab personnel use a cm of Plexiglas and keep the emitter no closer than arm’s length. No one outside the nuclear industry or nuclear medicine should have access to gamma emitters (gamma rays are a form of light which is really electromagnetic radiation.) These emitters require users to wear thick lead shields. Medical equipment is sterilized using cobalt-60, a gamma emitter.

Sufficient exposure to gamma radiation can be lethal. So yes, it will kill biological cells, damage DNA, and cause cancer. UV can also kill biological cells, damage DNA, and cause cancer, but UV light is much less energetic than gamma. Labs routinely use UV to sterilize biological hoods (which must be shielded) and also for biomolecule detection.

Sorry for the nerd rant.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
5 months ago

I wouldn’t be surprised if various menospherians refer to their own sperm cells as “alpha particles”.

@Lucrece

There actually has been at least one device that did this, from back in the day when we thought radiation was good for you. The radioendocrinator was a jockstrap mounted device that supposedly promoted health, and FWIW it did cause temporary sterility after a few days of wear. However, it also caused burning to the skin, radiation sickness, and over extended periods may have increased risk of testicular cancer.

@Ginger, Alan Robertshaw
The aesthetics of science kits from that era is unrivaled by anything today. I feel like if kits looked cooler more kids would get into chemistry.

QuantumInc
QuantumInc
5 months ago

I imagine a man asking his date post-coitus, “Do you happen to have any plutonium lying around? No?”

galanx
galanx
5 months ago

What if she turns out to be the secret identity of Supergirl? Better carry some kryptonite just to be safe.

K.
K.
5 months ago

Hopefully, the Migtoes leave my beloved Piri-Piri alone…

@ Johanna

Don’t eat the alpha source

Oh wow, you’ve triggered a memory now. Our instructions were very similar, but I really remember “Don’t feed them to the guinea pigs”

@ ginger

I’d love that kit. And it’s just so 1950’s; when the future was bright, clean, and nuclear powered.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
5 months ago

I am not even sure that it would assure their stated goal. Similar to how on exceptional circumstance it’s possible to retrieve datas from hard disk who have been demagnetized, bathed in acid, and shot at with firearms, I don’t think there is a 0% odds of finding enough genetic material from ionized sperms to make a medically assisted procreation attempt.

Especially since there is a boring solution appliable for all such situations : if you fear people will do something nefarious with part of your belonging or wastes, take thoses home. That seem both a lot easier to apply and a lot more boring than talking about gamma ray.

@Ohlmann
Even better, the MGTOWs could just not have sex because they’ve supposedly gone their own way. Then condoms of sperm are no longer an issue.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Naglfar

But it’s not fair that they have to give up something they want to have, when all they’ve done is mold their whole sense of self around giving that up.

@Alan & Johanna
We also did some sort of radiation thingie when I was in school some 15 years ago. We students weren’t allowed to participate, though. The teacher ushered us into the back of the classroom while she performed the demonstration in the front. When we asked her why we had to be so far away if she could safely be that close, she said, “It’s okay, I do this every year.”

I still don’t understand what she meant, since if she did it every year (maybe multiple times with different groups), wouldn’t it have been better for her to be at the back to minimize the effects? Unless if she wanted us to think that repeated small amounts of radiation make you immune.

@ masse mysteria

There’s a theory called Radiation Hormesis that suggests some exposure to radiation may actually be beneficial. I find that reassuring as “living in Cornwall” is listed as a separate category in the UN list of radiological hazards.

We get alerts like this on the weather app.

comment image

Genjones
Genjones
5 months ago

Public service announcement, please don’t flush condoms and clog up the civic waterways, please and thank you

sarah_kay_gee
sarah_kay_gee
5 months ago

I still don’t care for it much, though.

@Naglfar as a Louisianan who lives about 20 minutes from Avery Island I am contractually obligated to label these FIGHTIN’ WORDS, but truthfully I prefer Crystal (which is also a Louisiana product). (Also Frank’s but only for Buffalo wings.)

I do really like to eat at the company restaurant on the island though; I didn’t realize boudin was missing anything until I had it topped with Tabasco brand sweet pepper jelly. They also frequently have soft serve in the company store made with both regular Tabasco or raspberry chipotle Tabasco, which are right in the intersection of weird and delicious.

This has been a plug for Louisiana tourism, y’all come see us when this corona virus thing blows over.

Also to make this comment at least slightly on topic, I fervently hope that some idiot, somewhere, has tried this trick and forgotten the hot sauce goes into the condom AFTER they use it.

@Alan Robertshaw
Why is there so much radiation in Cornwall? Is it radon from the ground? Where I live in Massachusetts there’s radon which I have a system to remove.

@Masse_mysteria

Maybe she was trying to add a bonus biology lesson about the effects of chronic radiation syndrome? Or re-enact what happened to Marie Curie?

@sarah_kay_gee

truthfully I prefer Crystal

Agree.

I’ve never been to the Tabasco company restaurant, I’ll check it out if I’m ever in Louisiana.

Lawrence
Lawrence
5 months ago

“I’m sure in 1985, plutonium is available at every corner drugstore, but in 1955 it’s a little hard to come by.” – Doc Brown

Sadly, no. And no flying cars, either. Aside from the absurdity of how one obtains gamma radiation, how long is jizz in a condom biologically viable?

Moggie
Moggie

@Lumipuna:

I know that alpha particles are stopped by paper. Does that include kleenex?

@Naglfar:

Or re-enact what happened to Marie Curie?

Marie Skłodowska-Curie

@ naglfar

Is it radon

Primarily yes, and just the general geology. They used to mine uranium here (as a by-product of tin and copper mining). This was before they knew of its radiological properties, but it was used to colour stained glass. A number of the old buildings here still have uranium glass windows.

Once they did realise what Uranium was they re-opened a number of the mines. They also sold the old slag heaps to farmers as “Radioactive Manure”.

comment image

comment image

StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
5 months ago

There are so many really smart people here. You all always wow me. I love reading the comments here.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@Alan:

I was in a couple of courses at the high school and university level in which someone brought in a Geiger counter—I think in high-school they used it to demonstrate the low-level radiation coming off different rocks (one girl had an heirloom ring whose semi-precious stone produced enough of a reaction that she questioned if it was safe to keep wearing it, though I think the teacher’ conclusion was that it was still below dangerous levels, and also that the ring setting meant she had a piece of metal between her finger and the rock.

University physics professor brought in an old piece of mango-red Fiestaware (i.e., uranium-glazed) just to show off.

My friend Angus who was in real STEM courses told me about getting to see the university’s slowpoke reactor. Apparently it was decorated with bumper stickers saying IF YOU CAN READ THIS YOU’RE TOO CLOSE and things of that nature.

@ ginger

Do you remember which isotopes you used?

Sorry, meant to address this before. I’m afraid I can’t remember (which might explain my ‘D’ in A level Physics). I do recall they were kept in these rather smart lead lined wooden boxes, and we were told to use tongs to pick up the Gamma ones.

We did of course slip them into each other’s pockets and drop them down the back of each other’s shirts.

@Lawrence

how long is jizz in a condom biologically viable?

IIRC it depends on temperature, but generally less than an hour unless it’s frozen or kept at exactly testicular temperature.

@ moon custafer

the university’s slowpoke reactor

There was a nuclear reactor at the Naval College in Greenwich; the only reactor ever installed in a 17th Century building apparently (It is a gorgeous building; inside and out).

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
5 months ago

@Alan Robertshaw : the same radon problem exist in Britanny, where all the granite generate significant amount of radon. Not enough to really be dangerous, but enough to be noticeable, and possibly cause trouble in specific cases. I am not aware of uranium mining in that region however.

@Naglfar : well, a woman can reasonably often be fertilized up to seven day after having sex, so I guess testicular or vaginal temperature should both be good.

As far as I know, sperm average useable time outside of the body is quite low, but outliers can happen and last impressively long. That’s similar to how disinfecting a surface enough for it to be safe to eat on is easy, but disinfecting it enough to not bring germs to Mars or the Moon is almost impossible – 99% of the germs die to regular cleaning, the 1% basically require more than ten time the effort to get rid of.

It’s also why it’s better to shoot for good contraception and use abortion for the freak case than trying to have an absolutely safe capsule, erm, contraceptive. Even vasectomy should more be considered “99.9%” than perfect contraception.

@Ohlmann
The only 100% perfect means of contraception seems to either be castrating the person with testicles or an oophorectomy and/or hysterectomy for the person with a uterus. Due to that not being reversible and having numerous other side effects, most people don’t seem to want that.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Alan

I hadn’t thought of that. I guess my best hypothesis has always been that she knew there wasn’t any danger, but that a student’s parents had complained in the past when they’d heard we’d sone something “dangerous” in class. Good thing there was nothing like that at uni when they let us play with liquid nitrogen.

@Naglfar

Now that I think back to it, she might have done it to seem cool, warning us to keep away and then treating the risk she’s taking like no big deal. That would feel like a nicer option than just not caring.

1 2 3