empathy deficit entitled babies evil sex-having women incels mass murder is good actually men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny whorephobia

A deadly stabbing attack at a Toronto massage parlor was an act of incel terrorism, police say; incels call it “life fuel”

Comments on the killing from Incels.co

By David Futrelle

Canadian authorities have charged a 17-year-old who allegedly went on a stabbing rampage in a Toronto massage parlor with terrorism, saying that the suspect “was inspired by the Ideologically Motivated Violent Extremist (IMVE) movement commonly known as INCEL”

Globalnews.ca reports:

Charges against the suspect accused of carrying out the Feb. 24 stabbing attack, which killed a woman and injured another, were updated in court on Tuesday to “murder — terrorist activity.” …

In a joint statement, the RCMP and Toronto Police Service said their investigation had determined the attack “was inspired by the Ideologically Motivated Violent Extremist (IMVE) movement commonly known as INCEL.”

“As a result, federal and provincial Attorney Generals have consented to commence terrorism proceedings, alleging that the murder was terrorist activity … and the attempted murder was terrorist activity.”

Experts said it was the first time a terrorism charge had been laid over violence tied to incels … .

It’s good to see authorities treating incel-motivated violence for what it is — terrorism — though it still boggles the mind that the alleged perpetrator of the 2018 Toronto van attacks, which killed ten, was never charged with terrorism.

The police didn’t reveal specifically what evidence there is linking the alleged massage parlor murderer with the incel “movement,” but a source told the Toronto Sun that he was carrying a note in his pocket that made his motivation clear.

Over on Incels..co. the most active online forum for incels, the regulars are reacting much as they do any time an incel “goes ER” and murders someone, or a whole bunch of someones: Some are cheering it on, while others are complaining that their movement, which they deny is a movement, is being linked to a crime that it does indeed seem to be linked to — and wondering why they’re not being treated as the real victims in all this.

“[L]ife fuel tbh,” wrote one commenter in a thread on the subject. “Good news,” added another. “[Toronto van attacker Alek] Minassian got out I see,” still another commenter joked.

One self-described “Anarcho nihilist” wondered about the slain woman’s looks:

What did the victim look like, is there any photos of her, I’m assuming she may be a stacy since she works in a spa

Others agreed that because the victim was a sex worker “nothing of value was lost.”

A commenter called ChinaCurry wondered why no one was focusing on the real victims — them.

[W]e are the only group of massively socially disadvantaged people (in first world countries) yet we are fucking victimised and treated as the criminals, rather than the victims!

That’s kind of what happens when you murder people, or cheer on others like you who murder.

We are the one group of disadvantaged, disenfranchised, unfortunate people, who are not deemed worthy of any help. Instead social engineering is designed to turn people MORE against us! Why is no one asking about the perpetrators life? What he had to endure, and compare that to the lives of the massage girls? They would have had the most amazing lives, being desired and validated and paid by cucks all day to jerk them off, and then gone to fuck chad on the side.

I’m sure it was a very glamorous job, and that this justifies her murder.

Whereas the kid, if he was an incel, which they haven’t even proven, spent his life being lied to by bluepill society and parents, and this is the shit u get.

Society literally abandons us from the age of 5 to fend for ourselves, and then is weirded out when we do fend for ourselves??¿

Going on a stabbing rampage is the strangest example of “fending for oneself” I’ve ever seen..

An incel called koruga worried about the future:

It is only a matter of time before a large-scale false flag attack is carried out and the persecution of ugly men becomes something real and normalized.

There’s no need for “false flags.” Incels’ own words and actions condemn them. The incel ideology inspires terrorism, and incels by and large seem fine with that. It’s good that Canada is taking this terrorism seriously — and straight-up calling it what it is. I hope authorities elsewhere will do the same.

H/T — everyone who linked me to this story on Twitter

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

@Moon Custafer

That’s so cool, was the short fiction an sketch or a short story? My mentor introduced me to old SNL and I love it.

Are you glad to be back at work?

I have no idea when we will get back. I love hostessing but having been home all this time and planning has been making me want to find ways to make a living that more directly come from doing performance art as performance art and just saying openly that’s what I do. And I’ve been strategizing on how to view my life wholistically when I think about all that.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@Stacy:

That’s so cool, was the short fiction an sketch or a short story?

It was based on the 2000 Census sketch, in which Tim Meadows comes to the door of a man (Christopher Walken) who gives really weird answers to his questions (i.e. statings that his wife is a bobcat, or that he has dual US/Florida citizenship). My fic was a very short follow-up in which the census worker finds Mr. Leonard at his door.

Are you glad to be back at work?

Things are a bit slow here (I think they called me back mainly because my supervisor was sick of dealing with the desktop label printer, which is a grumpy machine).

Otrame
Otrame
4 months ago

Every picture I’ve ever seen of an incel was an average-looking guy, like about 80 percent of males I’ve ever seen.

The biggest crush I ever had was for a guy who was objectively ugly. He looked a lot like the human suit “Mikey”, the illegal alien was wearing in Men in Black. He was warm and funny and smart as hell and treated everyone around him with basic respect. Unfortunately for me, he was also very married. To a magazine cover-level beautiful women. So I pined a bit and enjoyed working with him for years.

4 months ago

That right there is the difference. That is what matters. A person like that is beautiful. And I say that as a woman who is only attracted physically and sexually to traditionally gorgeous, tall handsome guys with ripped bodies. That is essential for me (and I like having the power and ability to demand it unashamedly) but alone it’s not enough. He has to have and show that genuine caring and respect.

My main partners do and that’s why I chose them. Before the pandemic shut down I was in the process of forming a (part literal) stable of guys.

MansVoice
MansVoice
4 months ago

So… kindness is not sufficient to be beautiful? I’m not sure I understand what you’re saying here. You seem to be contradicting yourself.

You can and should be attracted to whomever you want. (Though if you’re going to have such high standards, you’d be well-advised to consider what you bring to table.) But in fact, kind people are not necessarily beautiful; cruel people are not necessarily ugly. You are reluctant to say that because it’s awkward to admit that good and kind people can lead miserable lives through no fault of their own. But it’s true: life isn’t fair.

Beyond Ocean
Beyond Ocean
4 months ago

Incels sure like to pretend that they’re merely representatives of real and imagined marginalized people.

Not long ago in another online space I saw a long screed where one was whining that mocking “incel tears” is actually horrible bigotry against asexual people.

@Mnasvoice

You’re right, you clearly didn’t understand that simple paragraph, and it’s kind of hilarious in the context of your “usual” postings. 😉

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
4 months ago

I understood it perfectly and didn’t think it was worth a comment because it pretty much stands on its own.

I also like how the dipshit completely blew past the post ahead of that one, by Otrame, and is pretending it doesn’t exist. Maybe because Otrame’s thesis completely contradicts his agenda-driven, baseless assumptions.

4 months ago

You are reluctant to say that

Don’t tell me what I’m reluctant to say. You have NO idea.

That, and you, are SO disrespectful.

You have no idea.

The hot, ripped guy who happily wears the body-harness I tell him to wear for me has every idea though what I “bring to the table” and my only regret is that I’m typing this instead of being able to say it out loudly sharply with a crack of my favorite bullwhip just for emphasis, rude jerk.

MansVoice
MansVoice
4 months ago

@SSPTR – Jesus Christ. Forget it.

@Policy of Madness – Since SSPTR quoted Otrame’s thesis in the comment to which I responded, I’m not sure why you think I “blew past” it. It seems to me that I’m engaging in the same conversational thread in which Otrame is participating.

So again, you’ve made a half-baked, stupid comment. Be grateful I bothered to respond; that won’t always be the case.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It’s almost like “beautiful” is actually not objective, as you claim and different people have different standards about what beautiful means.

For Otrame the physical beauty wasn’t necessary, for Stacey, it was. That’s what happens when humans do human things like having their own minds and opinions. It’s not a contradiction for two separate people to have two separate sets of criteria for beauty.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
4 months ago

Because Otrame’s thesis is that you’re full of absolute shit, and Stacey agreed with that, yet you don’t seem to grasp that at all. You blew right past it. You ignored it. I think you read it and understood it, but because it didn’t agree with your own preconceptions you skipped it. Otrame’s experience proves you wrong, but you don’t want to acknowledge that.

Be grateful I bothered to respond; that won’t always be the case.

Didn’t anyone ever teach you not to threaten people with a good time?

@MansVoice

You have not apologized yet.

You should do so respectfully, and right away.

Beyond Ocean
Beyond Ocean
4 months ago

Well, I guess people will have to deign to look for other sources of comedy.

4 months ago

I make the trolls angry by existing anyway but actually being named Stacey probably doubles it. 🙂

Shadowplay
4 months ago

I’ll put a score on him coming back and saying something along the lines of “You’re all upset at my perfectly reasonable statement.”

Anyone want to counter? A source for bets on his foolishness is about all the long-winded tosser’s good for.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
4 months ago

I personally find it somewhat disgusting that the dipshit has decided to crash a story about an incel murdering and attempting to murder women, and use that as a vehicle to press his theory that women are shallow jerks who won’t give nice guys a chance. It strikes me as victim-blamey, and my opinion of him would have gone lower if it were capable of being lower than it already is.

MansVoice
MansVoice
4 months ago

@SSPTR – I don’t think so. I advise you to let it go.

@Policy of Madness:

So many questions. What are my preconceptions? How exactly does Otrame’s thesis relate to those preconceptions? Why is the self-described “scientist” who completely dismissed an interesting, informal survey for its small sample size suddenly taking unverified anecdata as “proof”?

I expect that the answers, should you choose to provide them, will be illuminating.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Stacey

You have not apologized yet.

You should do so respectfully, and right away.

Don’t hold your breath, that troll’s been buzzing around here for weeks now and never knows when to concede anything.

Didn’t he say he has a manly man-job to do now anyways?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness
4 months ago

You … you didn’t even comprehend my post, did you? That’s why you have nothing to say about it. You didn’t grasp it at all!

I never mentioned sample size. I never mentioned sample size. Sample size was never the issue with that “study.” You just aren’t equipped to understand what I was saying, are you? My god. I never realized you were as idiotic as you are. You claim to be an actuary, yet you don’t grasp the fundamentals of statistics? I mean, the absolute baseline fundamentals?

Wow. Wow.

@Naglfar

It’s funny, now the troll is “advising” me.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

that troll’s been buzzing around here for weeks now

Years, I suspect.

4 months ago

It’s especially ironic that this rude disrespectful troll talks about what I might bring to the table.

I don’t bring things to the table. I bring them to the throne room and altar.

Before the pandemic shut everything down my mentor in my BDSM social group and I were working on a project that kind of turns performance art into spiritual expression in a personalized brand of neo-pagan non-traditional religion. We were looking into building me a real temple where I would be worshipped as a real living goddess by willing participants (all who get this kind of stuff)* with a space that could be used as a yoga studio and another room set aside as an even more sacred space that could be used as a throne room/altar room. When the pandemic hit we were in the process of raising support from sponsors for the real estate and construction. It was definitely not inexpensive so it was going to be a long process anyway so while isolated I’ve still been able to plan and build the relationships that will be part of it. Some friendships I have with guys now are going to change profoundly into another kind of relationship if this happens and so this has been good to give me time to start exploring all that.

*I know not everybody gets this kind of stuff so I respect people whose spiritual beliefs might differ. Just to be clear we are talking about informed and consensual mutual spiritual exploration although those who are in the project with me and I do take it very seriously.

MansVoice
MansVoice
4 months ago

@Policy of Madness – Ah, my mistake. It was someone else who objected to the small sample size. I get you folks mixed up; you all kind of write in the same tryhard “snarky” style.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Ah, my mistake.

And not your only mistake. Let me explain to you what the actual problem is.

One does not perform statistics on populations. The fundamental concept of doing statistics is that you have a representative sample of the entire population, you extrapolate what you find in that sample to the population, and you analyze the probability of that extrapolation being meaningful. In order for the extrapolation to have any chance whatsoever of being meaningful, the sample must be random. Every member of the population must have an equal opportunity to be included in the sample. If this is not the case, you’re not performing statistics. You’re just dicking around and wasting everyone’s time.

Your “study’s” protocol was to gather information on women who are attracted to a pretty male picture. That’s not a random sample. That excludes huge sectors of the population. It excludes gay women, women for whom looks are not a significant factor, women who were turned off by something else in the profile, women with a non-standard idea of what is attractive, and so on. Huge sectors of the population were not included in the sample. And then the finding was that the sampled women – who were restricted to women attracted to a pretty male picture – were SURPRISE attracted to pretty male pictures! Your conclusion is the same as your premise, which is common when the protocol is fucked sideways.

Having your conclusion as your premise, by the way, is a logical fallacy called begging the question.

So no actual statistics were performed here, and extrapolating from the sample to the population is absolutely invalid. It doesn’t matter if there are 8 people sampled, 26 people sampled, or 1000 people sampled. When your sampling method is stupid, stupid, stupid, you get stupid, stupid, stupid results. GIGO.

Then there is the ethical problem, which I outlined earlier in detail, so I won’t go over it again. Suffice to say that anyone who performs human research on unknowing subjects is someone who has shit for brains, and it doesn’t look good on you that you think this is not a problem whatsoever.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Stacey
That sounds really cool. Maybe you should start a blog or something to document it in one place.

An Impish Pepper
An Impish Pepper
4 months ago

On-topic: I keep trying to form a response to this given this happened in Toronto. I guess I could point to the many bus ads that ran a while ago warning about fines for “buying sex”. I could point to the fact that people still believe in the myth of sex work being mostly sex trafficking, and the “Nordic model” style policies that result from that despite their opposition from pretty much every sex worker. And then I realize that the guy’s 17 and probably doesn’t even remember that the NDP’s rivals repeatedly tried to smear Jack Layton every election with a rumour that he visited a massage parlour.

MV-related: Every time he waves that “study” around I find it so ironic how MRA types in the last decade would dismiss the 1985 Ms. Magazine study about campus rape out of hand because it relied on “self-reporting”, despite the study meeting rigorous standards.

Given what he’s said about reaction images and snark on the internet, it seems very likely that he’s one of those older types who knows little to nothing about internet culture/history at large. The most appropriate reaction I can come up with is :psyduck:

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
4 months ago

Be grateful I bothered to respond; that won’t always be the case.

How about never? Although I appreciate your pledge to not always respond, will you now promise to never comment here again? Thanking you in advance.

@Naglfar

Thank you so much!

Yes, I did start a blog. I post on it more sparingly than my followers would like though. For my comfort level and safety right now it’s on our social group’s private site where you need a login. That lets me use photos and describe individual people in a way I would be risking a lot and probably my life even if just anyone in the world could read it even if the other people are ok with being talked about. Like here I’m careful not to even say what region I live in. I know from reading about gross creepy incel losers that if they knew the reality of my life how it would set them off. My safety is first but I do kind of like knowing I am the worst nightmare of entitled misogynist creeps. It just enrages me to know that someone thinks I should die just for wanting to live my own dream. Like me being happy and fulfilled hurts them that much. Scum.

Crip Dyke
4 months ago

Back to discussion about incels.co

While server location is one thing, having your CCTLD be *.co grants Colombia some level of ability to regulate your website.

I don’t know the law in this area, but if you can’t find the servers, the next place to go is to the country under whose authority the domain was registered.

Mabret the Virile Maiden
Mabret the Virile Maiden
4 months ago

Hey MansVoice, if it makes you feel any better, I’m not attracted to Stacey’s type of man, or any other type of man, because as it happens, I’m a lesbian.

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive

@Mabret the Virile Maiden

I do wonder how his pseudorational “looksmatching” nonsense factors that detail?

That said; it’s self agonizingly pathetic and craven that MensVoice has been trying to hijack a thread about the victims of incel terrorism to make everything about him.

Kevin
Kevin
4 months ago

Incels never do make sense. This time at least one more of them blathers about ‘persecuting ugly men’ whilst ignoring that by most standards their primary idol was no Elephant Man. (Headdesk.)

Sheila Crosby

@Stacy
Most of the time I love the act of writing itself, although any long project involves some less fun bits.
The guide book is for the big, local astronomical observatory here, aimed at “normal” people. I ran each chapter past a singer-songwriter and a retired primarcy school teacher – people who aren’t stupid by any means but they don’t have a science background. I’m a tour guide at the observatory (or I was, pre COVID) and I have very fond memories of the woman who got back on the bus almost jumping up and down with delight. “I understand light years! I understand light years! I was so stupid in science class at school and now I UNDERSTAND LIGHT YEARS!” That’s what I’m trying to give people. To be honest, writing the first edition was more fun even though I had no idea if anyone would buy it. Writing the 3rd edition felt a bit like chewing used gum in places, but there are 8 new telescopes and loads of new discoveries so it was definitely time for s new edition.

The whodunnit’s set in the same observatory. There are such fun ways to kill people in a professional telescope! My protagonist is a female engineer who sees her career as the best way to beat misogyny, then finds herself a murder suspect. I wrote most of it ages ago but shelved it because I was so busy. Now that I’m unemployed I’m determined to finish.

Sheila Crosby

@MV
I would definitely snog Rowan Atkinson, given the chance. I have absolutely no desire to snog Mr Bean.
Anthony Hopkins? Yes please. Hannible Lecture? Hard no.
I conclude that there’s something more than looks involved.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Kevin
Well, if they had to acknowledge that they aren’t ugly, they’d have to realize it’s their repulsive personalities and that is something they can change, but would need to actually put effort into.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs
4 months ago

@Sheila Crosby, sounds like something that would be a huge pleasure to read! (both opera, in different ways :-).

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ sheila

There are such fun ways to kill people in a professional telescope!

Have you read Earthight by Arthur C Clarke? I think you might find aspects of it enjoyable.

@Sheila

That is so interesting! People probably carry away your guidebook and it’s probably important to them for good memories as well as a way to learn about something important. What you wrote not only spread knowledge and helped people learn but made them comfortable and feel alive when they did. That’s really beautiful. It’s so cool when somebody makes science readable but no less science because it lets all of us understand the universe. What you do sound beautiful but also fascinating.

And then that you’re able to use that as an inspiration for fiction is even more cool. I love it so much that your protagonist is a woman engineer. Please keep writing and know I’m sending you positive energy and good wishes!

Cats In Shiny Hats
Cats In Shiny Hats
4 months ago

I still want to know if I, an asexual white woman of average appearance and slightly below average height, am going up or down in my relationship with a South East Asian man who looks like a movie star but is also slightly below average in height.

Come on, troll, am I looksmatching or not?

Allandrel
Allandrel
4 months ago

Another question about looksmatching: Since it is based on an attractiveness scale that our new friend insists is objective, how do freckles affect one’s attractiveness score? What effect do position, number, and density have? Does it vary between men and women, or based on the person’s coloring?

I need scientific data, and since this is so objective and all, that should be easy for you to provide.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Allandrel

how do freckles affect one’s attractiveness score?

What about moles and other birthmarks? I’m debating having a mole removed once the lockdown ends and I want to know how it affects my looksmatching score.

Also, what about people who aren’t men or women? How are their looksmatch scores determined?

Lainy
Lainy

@stacy

I’m with you on the hot rip guy thing. Just not talk for me. Been with the hot tall jocks many a time and our bodies don’t match up to great which makes things awkward. It’s the hot shorter guys for me.

@Lainy

Absolutely! I definitely love that ripped, muscled male body.

Even though I personally am really turned on by my partners’ height I still kind of get what you are saying about awkward bodies. It’s hard to dance with a guy that is way taller than me. The bodies just make us mismatched for ballet partnering. We can, I mean…a good partner adapts and commincuates. It’s just not as natural. Although when a tall and strong partner lifts you it’s *awesome*. I’m not an advanced dancer and only do simple lifts but I love flying like a goddess.

Like I was saying for me if there’s anything sexual they do have to be tall. I’m kind of like one of the commenters in the other thread in that even though I’m little I love the feel of that giant male being next to me or (way better) beneath me. I think for me it’s like a beautiful gentle giant thing. I’m really taken with that, especially when I’m in control and he’s doing my bidding.
So it’s never felt awkward for me but has actually been a huge turn-on. So this whole thing shows how we are all individual humans who like what we like, because humans are complicated and varied like WWTH said which is what incels creeps don’t get because they can’t accept that we are people who are allowed to want what we want.

I love your posts by the way. 🙂

Lainy
Lainy

@Stacy

This might be a little off base but have you ever heard of the term Marcophilia, it sounds very close to what you are describing.

@Lainy

No it’s not off-base to ask that. 🙂 I’m open. When I think about it yeah there might be a touch of macrophilia in what gets me going. I know you said marcophilia and not macrophilia but I thought maybe you meant macrophilia. But maybe it’s a little different with me because usually when I read about macrophilia I think of it as more associated with cishet guy desiring a woman who is physically larger and dominant. (No judgment at all of course for people who like that.) I’m dominant but the size direction goes in the other direction of the desire for me. I’m 5’3″ and the ideal height for a guy is 6’3″ – 6’6″ so that’s a lot taller but not out of the question and it turns me on, especially if I’m the dominant one and he is doing what I tell him and I’m enjoying his body and dedication to me.

I remember that a former partner fetishized you in a way you didn’t consent to about your size and I apologize if this is sensitive. Whenever I read your posts about being a survivor of everything you survived I so admire your strength.

I’m so glad you are with your loving husband. The way you talk about your relationship is beautiful and inspiring to me.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Allandrel

And what about people whose freckles fade in winter? Does their looksmatch score change depending on the season? Do they have to break up with their partners every equinox, or have separate partners for each season? If the latter, wouldn’t that make them frecklewhores (if I may coin a term)? Or do freckled people all have to move to the equator to avoid the possibility of seasonal frecklewhoredom? (I’m assuming the whole issue only affects women, of course.)

@Naglfar

Silly Naglfar, we all know such people don’t actually exist… /s

Robert
Robert
4 months ago

Looksmatching is an interesting concept for me. My husband and I (been together since 1985) recently moved, and we found a trove of old photos from before we became adoptive parents. Seeing what I looked like and what he looked like, I commented that I must have had one hell of a personality.

He conceded the point, but added that one of the things he had found most appealing was that I wasn’t looking for someone to complete or fix my life. I was happy with my life, and wanted to share it with him.