coronavirus men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny PUA twitter takes

Don’t lean in, strong man! Twitter takes 5/4/20

Today, the importance of HOLDING FRAME by never leaning even a little bit because then women will think you’re a huge cuck simp pussy-licker. At least according to this guy:

In other news:

And now a special GOAT UPDATE:

I will resume regular posting later today or tomorrow, depending on how my dentist appointment goes today.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Anonymous
Anonymous
5 months ago

The leaning guy is original at least, I’ll give him that.

5 months ago

Well, as Hafþór Björnsson is 6′ 9″ and Kelsey Henson is 5′ 2″ then isn’t leaning in just biomechanical necessity if they want to be in the same pic?

5 months ago

Hope your dentist appointment goes well, David!

I’m not sure “pussy licker” is quite the insult that “Alpha Rivelino” thinks it is. Not to get too graphic, but many people enjoy performing that act (and I’d imagine at least some men would). And even if the man doesn’t like it, his partner might.

Also, when I’ve taken pictures of other people I usually ask them to lean in because it looks better in a photo as opposed to if one person is rigidly standing to the side.

Re: goat towers
I actually saw one of those once on a farm. There’s also one in the game Goat Simulator IIRC (though I haven’t played that one in a long time).

@Alan Robertshaw
My favorite picture of Hafþór is the one with his tiny dog.comment image
Though he’s also leaning in this one, so maybe he is just a beta cuck simp.

The problem with him is that it appears he is abusive.

5 months ago

It implies that a man has a pussy available that might want to be licked. I’m not sure how pointing and laughing at a man for having a heterosexual partner is insulting him? Maybe someone can clear that up for me. That seems like something men are often proud of.

ScarlettAthena
ScarlettAthena
5 months ago

Hey, is it gay for a man to like performing cunnilingus?

moregeekthan
moregeekthan
5 months ago

So, hypothetically speaking, at what angle would man need to lean in to cause folks to think he enjoys going down on women?

@PoM

If I had to guess, I’d say maybe he’s trying to say that cunnilingus is a beta activity because it doesn’t make the giver orgasm and could bring pleasure to someone else, while Tr00 Alphas don’t care about other people’s pleasure. Or maybe he thinks it’s gross and assumes that all other men would find it the same way.
This isn’t the first time a misogynist has been anti-pussy-licking, so it seems to be a common viewpoint amongst them.

5 months ago

Oh, I know. But in order to bring pleasure to someone else, you first have to have a partner in front of you, and that seems like a step beyond what most of these men seem capable of in the first place. Even Roosh, who basically made a tiresome 9-to-5 job out of having sex, was held up as a role model to which to aspire, not as a typical example of what being a misogynist jerk could net you.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria
5 months ago

Cock-sucker has been painted a bad thing for a long time now, so maybe pussy-licker is supposed to be the same thing but without the homophobia? Either way, it’s kind of sad to insult people for (allegedly) liking doing something that can be pleasurable and harms no one.

@Naglfar
I like the fact that at least at a glance, the dog seems to be looking as the watch. Maybe it’s wondering if they come in sizes it could wear?

@PoM

The thing that always cracks me up about that is that Roosh never seems very happy. I know lots of people who are much happier than him and aren’t misogynistic scum, so looking to Roosh as a role model sets you up for failure if your goal is to actually enjoy life.

@Masse_mysteria

If it’s less homophobic, that was probably unintentional: the kinds of people who use insults like that are probably homophobes as well.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Alan Robertshaw:

I guess Henson could have stood on a box; then OP could have raged about how she was a deceptive femoid trying to look taller, and called Björnsson a simp for not pushing her off the box?

@ moon custafer

Or she could wear heels; that makes her deceptive.

Or she could not wear heels; that means she’s not ‘womanly’ enough.

Best solution is probably just for Björnsson to carry a shovel and dig strategic holes to stand in.

@Alan Robertshaw, Moon Custafer
New idea: take all photos with people lying on their backs. Then regardless of height their heads can always be level.

bekabot
bekabot
5 months ago

This is a man who would never last long in the world of actual kink. Just saying.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Naglfar

The problem with him is that it appears he is abusive.

Holy shit, the literal strongest man in the world being a domestic abuser kind of fucking says everything doesn’t it. I cannot imagine how awful it must have been for his victim, not just being held prisoner and physically abused, but by a man that huge and invulnerable.

This is kind of a perfect microcosm of patriarchy, and TBH I hope he gets an aneurysm while lifting weights or something.

@bekabot

I recall a few incidents of manospherians finding their way into kink and having a less than great time. In reality, these are the people that any kink community should try to keep out, as they are dangerous.

@Cyborgette
The article I linked doesn’t go into detail, but it says that his ex-fiancé had bruises all over her body and the police were summoned on 3 separate occasions. And as far as I can tell he never has faced any penalty for his horrible actions.

Sadly, I’m not really surprised. Powerful men often abuse it to get what they want.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

If the guy who played The Mountain on GoT and has the world record in heaviest deadlift isn’t considered alpha enough for these dudes, I think it’s safe to say that the concept is meaningless. I mean it always was, but this seals the deal.

Moggie
Moggie
5 months ago

What could be more alpha than insulting a professional strongman from the safety of an anonymous twitter account?

Prith kDar
Prith kDar

@moregeekthan

Anything off plumb, I reckon.

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive

@Cyborgette

And what’s worse is that these craven groups of hate mongering ilk, even having a supposed pillar of hyper masculine, toxic, malignant masculinity, patriarchy idea personified, who is a mountainous hard-body of a man built like a brick house with artillery cannon’s for arms with the title of being among the most strongest men in the world, and who is horrifically abusing his significant other on regular occasion; somehow still isn’t “Alpha dude bro manly enough! All because the guy in question just so happened to slightly lean a bit while having his photo taken?!

These hatemongers and absurdly dangerous and their abhorrent values will only serve in creating nothing but dangers to everyone around them.

Seriously, someone should yeet this ilk into the sun.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Naglfar

And physical strength is a form of power like any other? Yeah, that’s been my experience too. Not always, but too damn often. 🙁

@Cyborgette
Physical strength is definitely a form of power, and can be a very deadly one in intimate contexts. I sometimes wonder, if humans were sexually dimorphic such that women were bigger and more muscular than men (as is the case with baleen whales, for example) whether the patriarchy would still exist. On a base level, I think part of what drives it forward is the physical ability of many men to rape and kill women more easily than the reverse.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

@Naglfar

That’s part of it but there’s a lot of other stuff at work. For starters, see the thousands upon thousands of years of reproductive politics bullshit, probably beginning in some of the earliest agrarian societies. Patriarchy is complicated and really not biological.

5 months ago

Completely O/T, but people may recall a discussion about private prosecutions. Well the article is finally up.

@Alan

The idea of privately prosecuting criminal behavior is totally alien to me! Forgive me for coming in at a late date, but is this allowance to privately prosecute crimes limited to animal abuse, or could I privately prosecute my neighbor for conducting illegal car repair in his driveway?

@ POM

Over here you could.

You’d have to identify an offence. Probably some sort of public nuisance or maybe a regulatory one if you have zoning laws (you’d be the expert on that).

I’ve done a few private prosecutions like this. Usually noisy bars or smelly restaurants.

@Alan

Yah, he’s violating zoning laws and is under enforcement right now, and they’re ready to take him to court but haven’t served him with a summons yet. It’s the local PD’s responsibility to do that, and that is not a priority for them even when a pandemic is not happening. He’s been in this position now for over a year and a half, almost two.

Normally I’m live-and-let-live but he uses some kind of metal saw or grinder on the cars and it’s really obnoxious, and it seems like he’s always doing it at twilight or when I’m trying to nap in the afternoon.

How much does it cost you as a private citizen to bring an action like that? And how often have you won? This whole concept is fascinating to me.

@ POM

How much does it cost you as a private citizen to bring an action like that?

The great thing about private prosecutions is that, unlike civil proceedings, there are no fees to pay to initiate them. And if you win the convicted defendant can be liable for your legal costs; including the costs of any investigation; but if you lose then the defendant claims their costs back from the government not you*. That’s different from civil proceeding where generally loser pays winners costs.

This is why we want to do more private prosecutions rather than try for injunctions and things.

And how often have you won?

Ooh look; squirrels!

(*there can be occasions where you are liable for costs; the article will be amended to clarify that)

@Alan

SO WILD. But if it’s difficult to win, and the investigation costs money, then maybe I wouldn’t want to privately prosecute after all, heh. But I imagine there are some litigious people who do it all the time come hell or high water? Some people on this side of the pond use the courts as a means to hassle others, and I can’t imagine things are super different over there.

@ POM

if it’s difficult to win

Well the Crown Prosecution Service here have to apply a two part test before starting proceedings:

“Realistic prospect of success”

“In the public interest to prosecute”

Technically private prosecutors don’t have to apply that. It’s obviously good practice though. Not least because the CPS have the power to take over any private prosecution, and can then choose to drop the case if they think it’s an abuse of process.

I can’t imagine things are super different over there.

Nope; we also have ‘vexatious litigants’.

There are safeguards though. If someone brings at least two cases or applications or other legal proceedings that are judged “to be totally without merit” then an order can be made that they can’t initiate any more legal actions without first obtaining the permission of the court.

That gives some measure of protection to prospective defendants (or claimants if the offending action included meritless appeals.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
5 months ago

Wait, I thought it was alpha to wear shoe lifts and threaten to topple like a tree onto your enemies.

comment image

BigKitty
BigKitty
5 months ago

OMG, I love the goat tower! In all seriousness, goats are very intelligent and playful animals, and I bet they love having their own furniture to climb around on, just like kittehs love their cat trees.

If you were keeping several goats on a small piece of land, a goat tree might be the perfect way for them to get the exercise and entertainment they need.

@PoM, Alan Robertshaw

I live in the US and am not terribly familiar with UK law, but lately I’ve been somewhat following the incidents with Graham Linehan in Britain. A comedian turned full time Twitter bigot, he repeatedly threatens to file suits against anyone who criticizes him (though AFAIK he never does, maybe because he knows he wouldn’t win). He would be somewhat relevant to this blog seeing as he’s quite misogynistic and transphobic and lately has been falling apart even more than usual.

Re: vexatious litigants
I have a friend who is a lawyer in the northwestern US and she told me a story about one particular man who was barred from filing suits after repeatedly trying to sue the government for supposedly poisoning him. He was an unusual case.

@ big kitty

You might enjoy this.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
5 months ago

I think I’ve figured out the “gay” thing….

I was confused when the manure-sphere began saying it is gay to have HETEROsexual relationships, but after recalculating, I’ve got the answer.

Please check my math:

Tho ONLY WAY to be a pure alpha male is to be perpetually angry at everything. Anything else is “gay”.

@Weird Eddie

Tho ONLY WAY to be a pure alpha male is to be perpetually angry at everything.

Sounds about accurate. Joy, pleasure, hope, and love are all beta simp cuck emotions. /s

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
5 months ago

@Weird Eddie : not quite, because that mean anybody could be one. The condition have to be a treadmill, so that people even slightly out of touch can be chided as womanly.

The exclusion angle is important for them. They need to be special, so the goalposts have to be moving.

5 months ago

I just checked the thread that the leaning tweet comes from and the rest of the thread is even weirder. Worth a read if only to see the height of delusion.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What’s funny about all of this, is that this Rivelino guy uses other pictures from press events to criticize leaning as a sign of weakness. It never seems to occurred to him that it makes sense for the taller person to lean down a bit to match with the shorter person because it makes a better press photo if both people fit properly into the frame.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@PoM:

Have you considered filing a noise complaint with the city instead? It seems that’s the actual victim-generating wrongdoing here, and they might be willing to investigate it.

On the other hand if someone’s running a business without a license they might be even more interested because they’re missing out on money. Hmm.

@Naglfar:

Worth a read if only to see the height of delusion.

Height? Or depth?

@Surplus

Someone else made the complaint about the illegal car repair before I even moved into the house. I’m also not allowed to make complaints of my own. It’s policy to not create new complaints of our own unless the situation is clearly a matter of public health or safety, which this is not.

It seems that’s the actual victim-generating wrongdoing here

Illegal car repair is super obnoxious and creates toxic run-off, so there is victim-generating wrongdoing even if they were to be silent as mice.

@Surplus

Height? Or depth?

Cross-sectional area.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@PoM:

I’m also not allowed to make complaints of my own.

Not allowed to by whom? What city is this where there is an explicit double standard and only a defined subset of the residents have the right to avail themselves of the noise bylaws?

I’d suggest challenging that on constitutional grounds, if possible, and otherwise moving to some place where you won’t be considered a second-class citizen.

Illegal car repair is super obnoxious and creates toxic run-off

If there is toxic run-off there are probably even more laws that can be used against this twerp. Environmental and neighborhood-safety ones.

I’d suggest talking to a lawyer about all of this, but that could have affordability issues … it does seem you are being wronged in multiple ways, from your exclusion from the protection of the city’s noise by-laws to the noise itself and potential safety issues. You should have legal recourse in such a situation.

@Surplus

LOL I’m not being wronged. I’m an urban planner, so I know more about the regs than your average citizen. If I roamed the city looking for violations to report, it would overwhelm the system, so I’m not allowed to do that.

Nobody could stop me from doing it anonymously, but I don’t feel a need to go to that trouble.

@PoM
Do you have other neighbors that are similarly frustrated with the noise? Maybe they could lodge a complaint for you.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Naglfar

Worth a read if only to see the height of delusion.

I didn’t even scroll very far but I already learned that when a man and a woman pose together, they apparently obey only their gut feeling for how to position themselves, and that will always tell how much or how little respect the woman in the picture has for the man.

This is all very interesting, since I used to assume that when people pose for a picture, they’re probably getting instructions from the person taking the picture. But no! They’re just displaying power dynamics, every time!

Moggie
Moggie
5 months ago

I’ve never done a wearable electronics project before, but now I’m tempted to try something. With one of those Adafruit FLORA wearable microcontrollers, paired with a GY-521 accelerometer/gyroscope board and a small buzzer, I think I could create a device which would fit in a jacket pocket or behind a tie, and give you an audible alarm if you stand at an unmanly angle.

Moggie
Moggie
5 months ago

With billionaires itching to get people back to work, this visualisation of wealth inequality is quite timely. It uses horizontal scrolling in your browser to help you picture the wealth of the ultra-rich. Be prepared for a lot of scrolling. Also be prepared for ugly thoughts about guillotines.

@Moggie

I’d recommend against ties, as a hanging tie would tend to remain perpendicular to the ground unless clipped to the shirt.

@Surplus

They’re already at the point of court proceedings so no additional complaints will make difference at this point. Zoning enforcement knows about them and is acting on the issue, just waiting for PD to serve the summons.