anti-Semitism elliot rodger incels men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny

Incels hail Spongebob Squarepants as one of their own, eagerly await his shooting rampage at the Krusty Krab

Spongebob: Living a life of not-so-quiet desperation?

By David Futrelle

So the incels are hailing Spongebob Squarepants as a bluepilled version of themselves. Over on Incels.co, one commenter has this to say about the underwater icon:

Wednesday at 3:59 AM
#1
Arguably, Spongebob Squarepants is the greatest bluepilled incel to have ever come on TV. He is a childish adult with distant parents, lives on his own with his pet and slaves away for pennies while simping for a girl, Sandy. That's the reality of most incels who grow up and don't rope. Adult incels truly are still children within as we will never ever take the most important step of becoming an adult.

I suppose this is a step in the right direction; Spongebob may not be the idea role model but he’s certainly better than the mass killers the incels generally lionize.

Of course, the incels responding to Gymletethnicel’s post eagerly await Spongebob’s ultimate “blackpilling,” his acceptance of the incel ideology of bitterness, despair, and death. And of course they imagine him going “ER” — Elliot Rodger — and shooting up the Krusty Krab fast food joint.

“Final episode of SpongeBob: he either ropes or goes ER,” writes one commenter.

“First he kills Sandy, then goes postal at the Krusty Krab and then shoots himself,” adds another.

Still others speculate about the other characters on the show. According to Slavcel11,

patrick would be a blackpilled uglycel who don’t want his youth be wasted away on wageslaving and crawling before a haughty uncultured foid that is sandy.

btw squidward is too blackpilled on the society even for an incel.

But a prolific Incels.co commenter called Sparrow’s Song has a somewhat different take on the show.

The show is actually Jewish propaganda designed to convince incels to go gay. Obviously, Patrick and Spongebob are both ugly and disabled mentally and physically… they will die alone if they pursue foids. If they were blackpilled, they would just go ER or rope. Too bad the show is cucked. The show depicts them as “best friends” because back then, they couldn’t just have gay poop dick sex relationships on children’s shows like they do now. The writers want ugly and autistic male children to engage in homosexual buttfuckery at a young age.

That’s why I watched Rocko’s Modern Life instead when I was a kid. My dad liked that show but hated Spongebob. He didn’t let me watch Spongebob. In his own words “you’re not watching Spongebob because Sponegbob is a faggot”.

Well, that’s enough Incels.co for one day.

H/T — Twitter’s @EyesOnTheRight, the dude behind the Angry White Men blog

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Dalillama
Dalillama
1 year ago

As I understand it, Word of God says Spongebob is asexual. Also, Rocko’s Modern Life was created by the same people as Spongebob.

KindaSortaHarmless
KindaSortaHarmless
1 year ago

I looked up what “rope” meant. I think I regret it.

It means to commit suicide out of despair.

Teabug
1 year ago

“I simped the femoids for Chad points, but was dogpilled by some Becky and tried to alpha with some looksmaxxing but some unfuckable foid cucked me into wageslaving.”

The reason why most incels are outcasts becomes abundantly clear.

1 year ago

I never liked SpongeBob, but even then I’m pretty sure it’s not an incel show.

The show is actually Jewish propaganda designed to convince incels to go gay.

Here comes the antisemitism.
I think the main reason homophobes like to claim that media is making kids “turn gay” is because that would validate their incorrect ideas that sexuality is a choice and/or that gay people can be converted to be straight. The antisemitism is just because that’s a convenient scapegoat.

Name me one children’s show that has anal sex. I’ll wait.

@Dalillama
Even if incels were to accept that he’s ace, I doubt they have terribly progressive views on asexuality either.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Naglfar

Name me one children’s show that has anal sex. I’ll wait.

Well, there was the infamous “fingerprints” gag from Animaniac, but that was a) straight, and b) twenty-five years ago.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

To me, the cartoon character I see as most incelish is Chuck from Daria

He’s massively creepy and objectifies all of the female characters.

Viscaria
Viscaria
1 year ago

Having sex is not, is not, is not is not is not the most important step of becoming an adult. My capacity for sympathy when it comes to incels (who, you know, hate me and pretty much everyone else) is low, but I do feel sorry for anyone who believes they cannot be real adults without having whatever specific sexual experience that counts as sex in their minds. Sex is just an activity that a lot of people enjoy. It doesn’t massively change you as a person. Your brain will continue to mature at the same rate whether you have sex for the first time at 16, 35, or never.

It might be tempting if you feel (like I often do, btw) like you’re not a “proper” adult to look at everyone else and think, “Well, it’s easy for them because they have entered the secret adult club by doing that one thing I haven’t done.” Sadly, that it not how it works. It’s also maybe not as easy for them as you believe.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

@ Naglfar:

Name me one children’s show that has anal sex. I’ll wait

South Park. Cartman got anal probed “… you have an 80-foot satellite dish coming out of your ass!”

… oh, a show FOR children… I thought you meant a show ABOUT children….

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
1 year ago

I am a month shy of 40 and have had sex. I still don’t feel like an adult most of time. So IDK.

@Viscaria

I see what you mean, but incels oppose the very groups that could help them. Feminists are against toxic masculinity, which is what that belief is, and yet incels blame feminism for all their problems. I have a hard time feeling sorry for them over this issue as a result.

Weasel-Rah
Weasel-Rah
1 year ago

Spongebob is Happy. Therefore he could never be an incel, regardless of whatever else is going on in his life.

Talonknife
Talonknife
1 year ago

LMAO, are you fucking kidding me? Rocko is massively gay-coded.

Robert Haynie
Robert Haynie
1 year ago

As I understand it, Word of God says Spongebob is asexual.

The problem here is, well… I’m not certain the average incel believes that asexuality is a thing.

The entire ideology (if it is an ideology) is based around “A fucks B”. And in their minds, every A desperately wants to fuck B, and the whole problem is that they happen to be an A that B is refusing to fuck. This is, of course, horribly unfair, especially since there’s that other A over there, and he fucks B, and B, and B, and sometimes B and B at the same time.

Now, the ace orientation brings up the concept of A not fucking B, not particularly wanting to fuck B, and frankly, for the most part, not giving a fuck about fucking.

Nope. That’s not merely flying in the face of the base incel ideology, it’s running up to it and kicking it in the balls repeatedly. It’s far worse than gay, because in their mind at least that gay bastard is getting something, and thus is a target to envy, but this guy? Incomprehensible. They want to complain about chads, and these guys– if they exist– must be Martians.

(Out of curiosity, has anyone ever even heard the incelosphere adress the concept of asexuality? Because I bet it’s not something that comes up often, if at all…)

@Robert Haynie
If I had to guess what incels think of asexuality (I haven’t seen them discuss it), I’d guess that they probably think asexual men are men who have given up and try to project that they don’t want sex, and that asexual women are women playing hard to get or are trying to be “not like other girls” (some TERFs think this, because TERFs are a lot like incels). Ace NBs probably don’t factor into this model because incels probably don’t know what they are.

Obviously what I’ve written above is awful and wrong in every way, but that’s a conjecture as to what incels think ace people are. Now to take a shower, I feel dirty after typing that.

Wtf
Wtf
1 year ago

SpongeBob is a great example of positive ace representation. How the fuck these guys think he’s an incel is beyond me.

Aces aren’t incels! We are not practicing celibacy, voluntary or not!

Cats In Shiny Hats
Cats In Shiny Hats

@Robert Haynie

I was on a forum for asexuals once that had an incel try to spread his hate around. He just…couldn’t keep pretending that it wasn’t about sex, despite everyone telling him that sex just wasn’t a priority. This was his blurb:

A group made for people who would consider the INCEL ideology relate-able when applied to the asexual identity. this group is for discussion and support of those who have never been considered.

disclaimer: this is not the kind of incel group that hates women.

I just went to look at the threads to pick more out of them, but it appears that they were all deleted. Can’t say that I’m broken up about that. I do remember that he flounced very, very hard when I kept coming in to counter his “blackpill” points.

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org
1 year ago

This has to be a joke account. This has to be a deliberate act of parody. Nevermind that these cartoons are from different time periods.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@banned@4chan.org
I wonder how they feel about Rocko’s Modern Life Movie having an open trans character.

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive

@Ooglyboggles

I suspect that they are frothing with rage impotent rage and likely accusing it, society, or both: of pushing some kind of nebulous, vague “agenda” despite the fact said character is now actually gained even more popularity after their transition than before, and that Joe Murray described the character per-transition as being a “less stable version of themselves”, though like Joe Murray; they took time off for a while to do some soul searching and have gotten to a much more stable, happier place in life; or at least so it’s alleged.

I used to watch Rocko’s Modern Life back in my childhood, and I was excited to see Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling when it was announced. And honestly I found it to capture the same spirit and humor of the old cartoons but with enjoyable and fascinating new elements that evolved with the passage of time for our current times, and the detail of touching on a actual, real life subject like Trans identity, and transitioning; to actually be fascinating and depicted with respectful, nuanced gravitas.

And, as a Straight, Cis, White Man: I enjoyed it just as much as I did the old Rocko cartoons.

A fact I’d imagine would make the he-man-women-haters-club of hetronominative crusaders heads explode.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
1 year ago

I’m an aro ace agender autistic human. Not sure about the human part.

Everything involved with human pair bonding and sex makes me go: ‘Well, that seems like a lot of work. And doesn’t sound fun AT ALL. I don’t get it.’

I doubt incels have the theory of mind developed enough to actually grasp other people’s viepoints.

Snowberry
Snowberry
1 year ago

While I haven’t seen much of the show, I could easily imagine Spongebob going on a rampage at the Krusty Krab. However, it wouldn’t be a mass shooting, or anything involving revenge. It would be wacky shenanigans born of warped, child-like logic… just like everything else Spongebob does. I wouldn’t be mildly surprised if it didn’t happen at any point during the show.

Snowberry
Snowberry
1 year ago

…”would be mildly surprised” not wouldn’t.

Lizuka
1 year ago

Funny thing is that SpongeBob’s stageplay actor actually did play a murderous incel on SVU.

Victorious Parasol
1 year ago

Speaking of the stageplay version of SpongeBob….

@Knitting Cat Lady

If they did, they probably wouldn’t be incels. To be that hateful one must either be devoid of grasping other people’s viewpoints or simply fully ignorant.

O/T: The BBC has made a documentary about MRAs. Of course, MRAs being MRAs, the central character claims he is being silenced despite getting a massive platform (the BBC). I haven’t watched it, but I noticed it exists.

This is at least the second highly questionable documentary the BBC has aired lately. A few months ago it was a series of documentaries about detransitioners that was panned for not interviewing any trans* people who were satisfied with their transitions, and only talking to TERFs, detransitioners, and other anti-trans groups.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Snowberry:

If anyone in Bikini Bottom is going to go on a rampage, my money’s on Squidward.

Genjones
Genjones
1 year ago

Spongebob is too well-adjusted to be an incel. Also, I’m no marine biologist, but I’m pretty sure starfish, seasponges and most non-mammalian aquatic creatures never have actual intercourse. They either reproduce asexually or just release their eggs and sperm into the ocean current.

Incels are still children because they will never take the most important step of being an adult

Putting the cart before the horse. There’s a reason intellectual and emotional maturity is stressed as important amd necessary before sexual activity is acceptable, and even “adult” incels clearly flunked development several steps ago.

1 year ago

O/T, but David might want to look into this for a post:
Some TERF (coletteub44) has a…interesting post history. A few weeks ago, she posted on r/GC to complain how it was hard to find a man who wasn’t into trans* women. Since then, she has repeatedly posted on r/AskMen and various sex-related subreddits to ask why men are interested in trans* women (getting her posts deleted very quickly by mods after they figured out what was going on). But the icing on the cake was when a week later she posted on r/GC to talk about the results of her “research.” Her post (TW: transphobia, biphobia) complains that men aren’t attracted just to vaginas anymore and see women as more than genitals, and that it’s hard to find men into just vaginas now. She also claimed that straight women are disgusted by vaginas and could never be interested in trans* men (which seems to be projection more than anything else).

Her fellow TERFs had a mixed response. While a few said that consenting adults should be left to their own, a number claimed that straight men dating trans* women were secretly bi, were virtue-signaling (using that exact phrase), or were trans* women with sockpuppet accounts.

I thought one of the long term goals of feminism was for women to be seen as more than vaginas. I guess I was wrong. /s

All joking aside, it is surreal how TERFs think they are still feminist while saying this.

@Genjones
Sea sponges can reproduce sexually or asexually, so you are correct. Either way, they don’t have intercourse.

TB Tabby
TB Tabby
1 year ago

There was an episode where Spongebob felt romantic attraction…but most fans prefer not to talk about it.

Personally, I’m surprised they don’t sympathize with Squidward. He’s also not romantically involved, and society constantly shits on him the way incels claim society is shitting on them.

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria
1 year ago

Considering how warped incels’ ideas about human attractiveness, one of them describing Patrick as “uglycel” would immediately have me expecting him to be a pretty normal-looking starfish even if I’d never seen a picture of him.

@Naglfar

Either way, they don’t have intercourse.

As far as I know, they also don’t go around bashing other sea sponges and blaming the ecosystem or what have you for all of their problems, so I imagine incles can’t relate.

Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure
Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure
1 year ago

Lots of self-delusion, even more hate, and a smug sense of superiority.

Robert
Robert
1 year ago

Naglfar – I checked out that Redditor.

She seems to be a very unhappy person who wants to be the cause of unhappiness in others.

Hey, that sounds a lot like most incels.

Regarding the OP, the general degree of realism in “Spongebob” is indicated by the presence of open flames at the bottom of the sea.

Chris O
Chris O
1 year ago

Off topic, I know, but at least two major news outlets are reporting Kim Jong Un is in a vegetative state if not already dead.

@TB Tabby
I played clarinet in high school. As pretty much any clarinetist in the last 20 years can tell you, the Squidward comparisons are ever-present and get old fast.

@Robert

Hey, that sounds a lot like most incels.

TERFs and incels have a lot in common. They both seem to generally hate everyone who doesn’t agree with them, have a persecution complex, and love collectively moaning about how everyone else sucks. They even use similar language (“adult human female” vs “femoid”).

@Chris O
I heard. If that’s true, I’m not sure what the North Korean government will do next, seeing as his children are young so I’m not sure who the next leader will be.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Naglfar
His sister, a military junta, or the country dissolves completely are the leading bets. Possibly sequentially.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
1 year ago

It seems weird to me that people are accepting that Kim Jong Un had some sort of cardiac event because he is (was?) fat and a smoker. I mean, he was in his thirties. I know people can die of a cardiac event at young ages, but still. I can’t help wondering if it was poison or something. Or maybe Covid-19, which they’re apparently pretending hasn’t been a problem in North Korea even though it reportedly is. Idk. Just speculation.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Genjones

I read that some cephalopods like cuttlefish have the male produce a little “packet” of sperm, which he offers to the female with his little tentacle arms. If she accepts it, she takes it with her little tentacle arms, then tucks it away in a pouch so that she can impregnate herself with it later.

It’s all terribly civilized.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Naglfar

That a TERF would claim to be feminist while also complaining about men seeing women as more than their genitals is perhaps the most perfect example of how they are really Feminism-Appropriating Reactionary Transphobes (FARTs). (I love that term so much.)

@Allandrel
They’re not the same as cephalopods, but among seahorses the males carry the eggs after fertilization. As a result, I’ve seen jokes about if instead of mpreg (male pregnancy) erotica seahorses would have fpreg (female pregnancy) media.

It’s a good term also because when one shows up in your comments section you can say “I smell a FART.” It’s sophomoric, but it gets the point across. Of course, fewer people know what it means, but they have yet to declare it a “slur” like they have with TERF. A few have even started claiming that “gender critical,” a name they chose for themselves, is a slur, but I don’t believe the majority think this because their main subreddit is still r/GenderCritical.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Naglfar:

And now we even have one complaining about being unable to find a partner who meets their standards.

It figures that when we finally found a female incel, she’d turn out to be a TERF.

@miscellaneous:

Case growth under 4% for the first time in Ontario today. Maybe we’re finally getting it under control? But we need sustained negative case growth rate, and we’re not there yet …

Meanwhile I’m hearing more and more horror stories about complications, particularly clotting disorders. Some people as young as 33 having strokes after contracting the virus. Makes me wonder if that’s what got Kim Jong-Un. Which leads to a whole new kettle of worries: the potential for loose nukes depending on what happens next there.

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

Thoughts and prayers for Dennis Rodman at this difficult time.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady

@weirwood

Could be some kind of congenital heart defect or the result of some previous illness. Viruses are notorious for damaging the heart if you don’t rest long enough after getting better.

If it was poison, it probably was someone close to him.

I think that if Kim is actually dead, this will be what will lead to the collapse of North Korea eventually.

He’s just managed to consolidate his power, he doesn’t have kids, and the line of succession is up in the air.

I’d guess his sister would take power immediately, but I doubt the military would accept being ruled by a woman. They’d probably back a male descendant of Kim Il-Sung. And different parts of the military would probably back different Kims. Leading to civil war.

@Knitting Cat Lady
Kim Jong-Il only had one other surviving male descendant and that is Kim Jong-Chul, who was passed over in favor of Jong-Un. Apparently Jong-Chul is a musician and is not involved in politics, but it’s possible he’d be called back in to take the place of his brother.

Nanny Oggs Busom
Nanny Oggs Busom
1 year ago

I have never seen Spongebob so I don’t really know what they’re going on About. It’s a children’s cartoon about a community of sea creatures centred around a burger restaurant, is that right?

I didn’t have access to much TV as a teen/20s because we couldn’t afford anything but standard terrestrial TV. I only saw Firefly in 2014, for instance. I’ve never got around to catching up on all the TV I missed because I was too busy reading and surviving. And to be honest, I can only focus on one thing at a time, so it’s either watch something or read something, and I have far too many books on my TBR pile to spend time on TV.

Unless it’s QI or Sewing Bee. And even then I crochet or embroider because I can’t have empty, still hands.

My grasp of ‘incel speak’ is as limited as my understanding of TV from the 1990s and 2000s. But I do understand that they’re being ignorant, homophobic and engaging in a bit of autistic hate while they’re at it.

Horrible creatures.

Talking of horrible creatures, it’s interesting news about Kim Jong – Un. First time I’ve heard the news. I might have a look around the Web to see what I can find. I hope North Korea doesn’t implode, for the sake of the people there, but if he is dead then I hope there can be changes, just not sudden that’ll cause more distress and harm than the existence of the Kims already has done.

@Nanny Oggs Bosom

engaging in a bit of autistic hate while they’re at it.

There’s a lot of anti-autism crap among incels. I think part of it is that some are autistic (or think they are) and are both extremely self-loathing but also see it as an excuse for being assholes. Combine that with the alt-right’s hatred of autistic people and you get the phenomenon we see here.

Moggie
Moggie

@Knitting Cat Lady:

I dunno. The DPRK military are subordinate to the OGD (Organization and Guidance Department). This has been around since 1946, but it was remodelled by Kim Jong-il when Kim Il-sung gave him its leadership in 1973. Kim Jong-il, a really smart operator, developed it into an outfit which would give him almost unlimited power, even while Kim Il-sung was officially Great Leader. OGD sees everything (think Stasi). OGD section 13 is responsible for military guidance (including indoctrination), and section 4 is responsible for military appointments. While Kim Jong-il ran the OGD, any general who stepped out of line was likely to end up in jail or dead. Admittedly, I don’t know Kim Jong-un’s relationship with the OGD, but there are defectors who claim that the OGD really runs the country, and KJU is just a figurehead.

(Source: North Korea Confidential, Daniel Tudor and James Pearson)

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Naglfar

In my experience, there is a direct correlation between someone’s autism being self-diagnosed and them using autism as an excuse for being an asshole. I do not think that this correlation is coincidental.

And, of course, the anti-autistic stereotype of “autistic-asshole” that pervades media (e.g., Sheldon Cooper) just gives them ammunition for this excuse.

An Impish Pepper
An Impish Pepper
1 year ago

Is there a particular reason to think that Jong-un’s sister would have a much harder time taking the position by account of being a woman? Considering North Korea has been so isolated for so long, I’m not sure what kinds of cultural analysis would even apply to the succession line of a communist-offshoot autocracy.

Also, lots of people self-identify as autistic. Part of it is the neurodiversity movement trying to move society in general away from medicalization of different ways of being, and part of it is how specifically lacking the definitions and process of autism diagnoses are. There are still “functioning levels” in the DSM-V, but so-called “low-functioning” autistic people have demonstrated that they’re capable of roughly as much functioning as anybody else, given their access needs are actually met.

AZX
AZX
1 year ago

I think a lot of mollusks have sex. In addition to the aforementioned cephalopods, most gastropods have some form of intercourse and internal fertilization as well. Of course, some form could equal something very different from what mammals are familiar with. In nudibranchs, both hermaphroditic animals fertilize each other’s eggs, or sometimes only one acts as the male, and they can store sperm in each other for months before the eggs actually develop.

In addition, among many marine creatures that have external fertilization, there is still some form of sex where a specific male fertilizes a specific female’s eggs as they are produced.

As someone who is an autistic straight man myself, and now apparently happily married and sexual, something I wasn’t sure I was interested in before I met my wife, I wholeheartedly agree that the stereotype of autistic men as creepy and boundary-breaking in relationships with women is something that is pushed by media and by “self-diagnosed” autistic males. It hurts the many men with autism who do try very hard to be decent and respect people’s boundaries.

I struggled with the idea of entering into a relationship for a long time, because I worried that I was doomed to be like the “autistic” men on television and the internet, and I knew that their behavior was not ok and not something I wanted to emulate. Was I being a creepy stalker like them and not realizing it? Add to that that I didn’t actually know whether I was even interested in a sexual relationship. I ran from people for years.

1 2 3