Dunning–Kruger effect empathy deficit entitled babies evil fat fatties men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

Fatpocalypse Now: Men who like fat women could destroy the human race, excitable MGTOW contends

Happy fat women: Every MGTOW’s worst nightmare

By David Futrelle

Over on the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit today, the regulars are working themselves into a tizzy over a terrible injustice: one of their MGTOW brothers has gotten a bunch of downvotes elsewhere on Reddit for posting a not-so-nice comment about fat women.

“I just got downvoted like 200 downvotes for saying that fat women are not attractive, what the hell?” complained narmohare. “I’m sorry my hobby isn’t whaling.”

Naturally, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth amongst the MGTOWs and cries of outrage about the evils of PC culture and its alleged hatred of The Truth about the evils of obesity.

But some of the most visceral hate was directed not at fat women themselves but instead at the men who allegedly enable this fatness by speaking out against fat-hatred and sometimes (the horror!) even dating fat women.

“[T]here [are] men out there that keep fucking these whales,” wrote Incapaisa.

Not only that there are some openly [walking in] public with them with hand in tow.

I have 2 friends who currently have a whale as a gf.

They are in shape , make money and dated hotter ,skinnier thots but according to them from the cheating or money drain they prefer to date down. Way the fuck down .

I in college slayed a whale or two when that was last call. If you can tolerate the sheer mass of size you do get great head and usually they take it in the ass the first night.

I can’t do it long term but some men can hence they have no motivation to be at a healthy weight.

Blame the male sex drive for some of these simps actually not only fucking whales but even [committing] to one

One commenter took this argument a bit further, suggesting that if men continued to tolerate (and date and even marry) fat women it very well might send us stumbling towards the literal end of civilization itself.

“These are dark times,” wrote ilikerelish,

because what these fools are doing is creating generations of men who have been indoctrinated with the idea that fat is attractive. that is going to create a feedback loop where women will then make themselves fat to be what the guys desire so that they can get that attention.

Uh oh!

Guys will continue to want fatter and fatter women until they are so unhealthy as to not support birth, and then maybe we’ll start returning to reality in health and fitness. …

Normalizing unhealthy ideas is dangerous, and may prove to be our undoing.

We’ve been warned, I guess.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Naglfar
Naglfar
1 year ago

Umm…I don’t think any woman regardless of weight has any interest in MGTOWs. At least, I don’t.
I’m sorry my hobby isn’t hanging out with delusional misogynistic fascists.*

*Not actually sorry.

Viscaria
Viscaria
1 year ago

I have 2 friends who currently have a whale as a gf.

I was going to be like, do Incapaisa’s friends know that he’s a pile of hot, milky garbage who says awful things about their girlfriends? But then:

Apparently his friends are also hot, milky garbage and say awful things about their girlfriends. I guess it makes sense that they hang out together.

Assuming they are real, I hope those two women realize they don’t need that shit and leave.

Ooga Booga
Ooga Booga
1 year ago

Um, these guys do know that in prehistoric times, fat women were considered the ideal, and still are in some areas. The concept of ideal body type isn’t some static thing, it changes Considering that we’ve managed to grow worldwide population to 7 billion plus, I think we’ll be ok

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter
1 year ago

When women have to expend the energy to keep another human being alive for 2 years (through pregnancy & nursing), that extra weight is not a bad thing.
OTOH, wankers who want head & ass-fucking are doing more to exterminate the human race than any fat woman, because neither of these activities can result in pregnancy.
It’s almost like their boners are more important than children & their concerns about the future of the human race is just self-serving B.S.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Larger women have been desirable at various times and places in human history, and so far it’s failed to create a Darwinian feedback loop. It’s almost like humans don’t uniformly select for girth.

He’s trying so hard to sound like a Hardened Sex Veteran here. Bless his little heart.

Curious how he’s not making the same slippery slope argument about skinny women. Being too underweight can also be detrimental to pregnancy and, in the extreme, cause menstruation to stop.

Normalizing unhealthy ideas is dangerous, and may prove to be our undoing.

I’ll say. Maybe we can start by not normalizing Nazis, misogynists, climate change deniers, and ill-informed asspinions.

Steph
Steph
1 year ago

I used to be puzzled as to why men like this cared about the fact that there are men out there who like what these men don’t like.

And then I realised it’s about controlling women. They think all women at all times owe them slimness and beauty. And they want to scare women outside of their aesthetic preference by claiming no man will like them.

It’s so pathetic.

LollyPop
LollyPop
1 year ago

MGTOWs must live in such a state of useless, oscillating rage because they care SO MUCH about what other people do with their lives, or even just look like. It astonishes me that this crowd of “norms just can’t cope because we’re doing our OWN THING” can spend so much energy frothing because a woman has the impunity to exist in a way that doesn’t match their exact sexual preferences.

Also where is this planet where being a thin woman = being financially maintained by boyfriend. There’s some girls I must inform!

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

I need some advice guys, or at least some validation that I did the right thing.

So a friend that I had in high school started messaging me again a couple weeks ago, and I thought he was trying to reconnect our friendship. But then today he said something clearly sexual to me and made me uncomfortable. I reminded him that I was married, then more things were said, he was bringing up things about my drug abuse history, and outright said to me that my physical relationship with my husband could trigger a relapse.

At this point I told him that his behavior was making me very uncomfortable and that I was done talking to him. I showed the messages to my husband who pointed out many manipulative behaviors he said to me during those text, as he was someone that grew up in a house hold full of personality disorders he knew what manipulative behavior looked like but for some reason there is a pit of guilt in my stomach tonight. My husband did also message him on his own account and basically called him out on his manipulative behavior and trying to fuck a married woman while her husbands away. I guess I just need validation I did the right thing because idk what’s going on in my guts right now.

Nequam
Nequam
1 year ago

I think I’ll just piss some MGTOWs off in a way that should be entertaining for us:

Demonhype
1 year ago

Love how obesity is only ever a “health” problem.in women. Im.guessing a decent number of these guys are quite a few pounds over a “healthy weight”, but since this is never really about health but about (their personal standards of) fuckability, it doesn’t count. Kind of like when 2016 Ghostbusters was a-coming and this sort was all in a tizzy with the “won’t somebody think of the children!” handwringing over how allowing Melissa McCarthy to have a career is “glorifying obesity”–from the same people who had and continue to have zero problems with the supposed morality of having allowed Chris Farley or John Candy or Josh Go for (fill in fat/obese male actor or comedian I might have missed here) to have a career. Not a single word about how these men having careers despite being as big of bigger than McCarthy were/are harming children with their public existence. No, for some reason, it’s only “glorifying obesity” when fat women exist in public without shame and have careers and succeed at things without first shedding enough pounds to “deserve” it.

Kevin
Kevin

@ Lainy

FWIW coming from me, you did the right thing. Now the guy’s misconduct had been outed , he’d be a fool to try it with you again.

heidi o'nuanain
1 year ago

@Lainy. You did the right thing. That man is not your friend. He attempted to gaslight you and is by accounts a POS. Nice guys don’t try to mess with other people’s marriages.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss

@Lainy, you did good.

You told the dude he was making you uncomfortable and you set clear boundaries.

You sought a second opinion from a trusted source (husband) who backed your feelings and provided additional insight.

You did good. Husband did good.

Block the turd and carry on happily, because you don’t need that jerk in your life.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

@Demonhype : it’s not so much that being overweight* isn’t a problem in man, it’s that if a man have a condition or problem and yet date, he is an hero that beat the odds, and if a woman have a condition or problem, she’s a subhuman trash that should be culled.

I mean, I am pretty sure that they fat shame men too. The essential problem is that they think men can overcome obstacles, but not women.

* because let’s face it : they don’t look at actual medical obesity. I wouldn’t even be surprised if some of his “whale” were actually underweight.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 year ago

Nequam: I wrote a Hilda fic for Yuletide 2018.

(G-rated. Crossover with the Norman Rockwell illustration, “Fixing a Flat.” Really, more people should write fics around the concept of a shared Illustrationverse.)

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

Right, because the primary message you hear in our society is that fat is attractive. Not that fat people are unhealthy, ugly, lazy, greedy etc. Nope, you just never hear the latter. All the “hot” movie roles go to fat women, while thin actresses struggle to find work, apart from “comic relief skinny friend”. The fashion industry caters mainly to larger women, with the catwalks being dominated by porky models, while skinny women can’t find clothes to buy which fit. Slim women get overlooked for promotions while their chubbier sisters get fast-tracked in their careers. And have you noticed how you never see non-fat women in adverts, or on magazine covers? In fact, print media invariably photoshops women to add several pounds! Slender women are literally being airbrushed out of existence! It’s basically fat Stalinism!

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Lainy
You and your husband had the right behavior.

Not only this is a insidious attempt of emotional manipulation, but it is also a big pile of bovine excrements. On the contrary, the presence of a close person whom can provide emotional and physical supports help to limit the risks to relapse in an addiction.
I do not know how close of a friend the guy you are talking about was, but he clearly is not anymore.

On Topic :
Ah, those guys would have hate Albert Dubout if he was still alive.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier

Wow.

That’s such a vicious thing to say. Basically, he asked, you told him no, and then he used his knowledge of your private life to try to undermine your confidence and manipulate you into changing your answer.

You don’t want this guy to know anything more about you. Ever.
Absolutely the right move.

FlyByKiwi
FlyByKiwi
1 year ago

@Moggie – too right! And when a magazine or catalogue does put one even slightly slimmer than normal model on the cover, they expect a Nobel-freaking-prize!

Also, if a skinny person does finally find something to fit, it’s something their grandmas would happily wear. God forbid they be allowed to wear something young or sexy.

And skinny people are constantly having to watch news stories where a camera has been pointed at skinny people’s narrow hips and flat asses as they walk down the street and even though it’s clearly about appearance not health everyone shouts and wrings their hands about people being too skinny and label it a health EPIDEMIC.

Wow you can really take this to the limit. That was fun.

Thanks, @Moggie.

Shadowplay

@Lainy.

You did more than good. You did great. Especially considering your worries from a few weeks back.

Nequam
Nequam
1 year ago

@Moon: Aw, that was cute!

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
1 year ago

It’s becoming clear in science that us humans put on fat as a protective measure for stress, there is no peer reviewed, science backed way to lose weight long term (i.e. longer than 2 years, more than 10% of starting weight), and that losing weight and gaining it back is worse for your health than being fat in the first place.

We also have about as much control over our body weight as we have our height.

And being tall comes with similar health risks as being fat.

Then there is the fact that we simply don’t know if the increased death risk for fat people stems from them being fat or, you know, medical fucking fat phobia.

You know, when you go to the doctor as a fat person and tell them ‘My arm fell off.’ most of the time you’ll get asked ‘Have you tried losing weight?’

I’m not a fucking drain on the medical system.

When do people ‘cost’ the most money? In the last few years of life.

And being thin won’t protect you from getting frail.

Naglfar
Naglfar
1 year ago

IIRC the ancient Greeks considered fatness to be beautiful. I wonder when these MGTOWs will realize that their beloved “Western civilization” includes that, and how they’d respond.

@Buttercup

ill-informed asspinions

Are asspinions opinions someone pulls out of their ass?

@Knitting Cat Lady

I’m seeing parallels to transphobia and how transphobes claim the suicide rate and depression are because of being trans*, while research shows that it’s because of anti-trans* discrimination. It seems there’s a similar situation with fatphobia.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

A MGTOW’s Yelp review of fat women everywhere

Victorious Parasol

@Lainy

Absolutely you did the right thing, and so did your husband.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi
1 year ago

Wow. Lovely. Look if you don’t find fat women attractive, don’t date fat women. Or wait – I thought you were MGTOW – why do you care about dating at all?

I’m fat. I have a ‘normal’ weight partner. Who loves me. And who likes my body. He doesn’t think he’s dating down. (Ha ha I don’t think!)

But as a fat woman, I’ve experienced guys who seem to be dating my fat instead of me. Or guys who are trying to overlook it. And guys who are just not attracted because I am fat. And also guys who don’t seem to care and like/don’t like me depending on personality. And best yet, guys who like my body type and like me. And really any of those shouldn’t influence anyone else.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ lainy

Yes. Totally and unequivocally the right thing; both you and hubby.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@FlyByKiwi

Or professional. “Office wear” for skinny people features loud patterns and bright colors to mirror the jolly, outgoing, larger-than-life personality that fashion designers are sure all skinny people have. Skinny people thrive on the attention they get from wearing a magenta hibiscus print in the office, and it doesn’t at all feel like a scarlet letter. It’s so much easier for skinny people to get a promotion when their work outfits look like cruisewear.

@Ohlmann

I wouldn’t even be surprised if some of his “whale” were actually underweight

These guys have no idea what a healthy weight is, because they apply a multiplier to every woman they see. 1 pound avoirdupois = 1.4 MGTOW pounds. So if you weigh 130 lbs, in MGTOW pounds that’s 182 and you’re a land whale, no matter what your height or frame or body composition.

@Naglfar

Are asspinions opinions someone pulls out of their ass?

Yes indeedy. Anatomically, they’re located just beneath the assfax.

IronCthulhu
IronCthulhu

@Nequam

Got me to click the link so…troll/10

You want to really troll? I remember this fat acceptance poster showing a plus-sized women with her back to the camera, in her lingerie. This buffed up Calvin Klein-looking male model had one arm around her and was glaring into the camera as if to say “she’s mine”.

Underneath were the words “It takes a special type of man to handle heavy equipment”.

So…basically no self-awareness whatsoever. She can be 300 pounds and he’d better love every single square inch of her. But he’d better be buff, 6 foot 2 with a six pack.

Flaunt your usual lack of self-awareness and we’ll REEEE every single time. You’re welcome!

Karen
Karen
1 year ago

When will these guys go their own way and just leave the rest of us alone?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

@IronCthulu : the average template of your posts is showing you didn’t understand something, then owning yourself really hard, then declaring victory. That’s a bit stale at the 455th time, even if there is comedic value in just how ridiculous you look.

If I provide you a chess board, I think you could vary your routine by shitting on it.

Alternatively, you can also try to understanding something. You can start by small stuff, like for example that not everyone like the same thing, but even that seem hard for you.

Catalpa
Catalpa

@Lainy

Even if the guy hadn’t acted objectively wrongly and manipulatively and horribly (and he absolutely did), you’re not obligated to keep talking to someone who makes you uncomfortable. “I’m not going to interact with you any more” is not some kind of cruel and unusual punishment that can only be reserved for absolute monsters. Your company is a privilege, and not a right, and you have every right to revoke it for whatever reason.

@IronCthulu

Flaunt your usual lack of self-awareness and we’ll REEEE every single time

Yeah, I’m getting pretty tired of your schtick, dude. If you post more ableist bullshit like this I’m going to request a ban. (For those unaware, ‘reee’ is used as an onomatopoeia for ‘autistic screeching’)

dashapants
dashapants

@IronCthulhu

Aww, buddy, posters aside, have you looked at the real world? It’s full of fat dudes with slim ladies. And media reflects that all the time too. Why no outrage? Is that example also lacking in self-awareness?

But wait, could it be because fat people and slim people together in any combination do occur in the wild, and it isn’t anyone’s business to be all judgy judge. I mean, nobody is forcing you to wear purple, eat pineapple on pizza, or date fat people as the only good and true choice. Go ahead and be as discriminate in your own choices as you like. I doubt a poster truly made you feel concerned about your own preferences.

Besides, there have been posters of fat dudes with adoring slim ladies with a caption like “there’s more of him to love” and that’s not like ruined civilization.

@Nequam

Aww, Hilda! She’s always looked so happy to me frolicking in the bushes starkers. A pinup girl for good mood regardless of the observer’s gender and sexual preference.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
1 year ago

@ IronCthulhu – fuck off with your unoriginal fucking chan speak.

Mind the comments policy.

Also, that was LITERALLY not trolling. It was in our space, and it wasn’t harmful. Do you even understand definitions, bro?

And, lest you think that you’re riling me up, rest assured i will honestly forget you until you drop your next little turd on a chess board.

Like, honestly. I see your name, and go ‘oh riiiiight. Guess they haven’t been banned yet SOMEONE must still enjoy refuting their inane points, i guess.’

Troll score – enough that i remember that you’ve been here before (when i see your ‘nym), not enough that i would laugh if you suddenly showed up again from a long absence. .5 in the ‘o hai mark’ scale.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Thank you everyone, that does really help. I don’t know why it’s making me feel guilty about my choice with this. In fact my husband conversation with him was much less kind then my one was. A gender insult got thrown around which was almost funny because the ex friend responded with progressive and maybe even feminist language like he didn’t just try to manipulate me into a sexual situation I was uncomfortable with.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Lainy

You did the right thing, what he said was manipulative as fuck. In fact:

he was bringing up things about my drug abuse history

I dunno about everyone else, but doesn’t this bit carry overtones of blackmail? Because it feels that way to me.

Lainy
Lainy

@IrionAsshole

Don’t you have a life? or friends? A gold fish? something other then coming here and being a pain in the ass. Does another hot woman have to tell you to get lost? because I’ll do it? I’m sorry you think fat women can’t have prefrences in their dating life but they can want someone there attracted to just like I can as a conventionally attractive woman. And apparently it does take a special kind of man to be with a fat woman, just like it takes a special kind of man to be with a tall woman because dudes like egos are made of glass that is so fragile that you only see a partner as a thing to boost your ego and not as a living person with feelings and wants.

Also your an ablest dickhead.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

I’m not sure what you mean about this? The important people in my life already know about my drug abuse history cause I’m pretty open about it. A huge activist to try and deal with the opioid epidemic in the united states because that’s how I got it. Doctors were handing that shit out like candy but no one explained to me how it can get you high and can form addictions to it. And I happened to get it right in the middle of the worst time in my life so I was really vulnerable to it since I wanted to escape from my reality like all of the time.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
1 year ago

@Lainy – you probably feel bad because you were ”””mean””” to someone. And women are conditioned to be mean to no one.

Women are also trained to take every encounter that rings alarm bells with an internal ‘am I misinterpreting this? Could he be saying something innocent, and i’m just reading into it? Would telling him he’s making me uncomfortable be mean??????’

It’s a societal wide effort to get people to ignore their gut, and to minimise setting boundaries. Doing both is a really amazing act, honestly.

Duder being able to gasp out feminist language isn’t surprising, he might even think of himself as a feminist. He’s a really bad one, though, if someone saying “you are making me uncomfortable” doesn’t make him stop.

He could also being using it as camo to slip into spaces, and then hurt people. We’ve seen it before.

These are my thoughts, they may or may not align with what you are going through. Just know that you handled that situation in a textbook fashion.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Buttercup

Anatomically, they’re located just beneath the assfax.

I’d imagine manospherians know a fair amount about rectal anatomy, seeing how good they are at making asses of themselves.

@Ohlmann

Frankly, that describes most of the manosphere. That just seems to be their general strategy.

@Rhuu

You’re far more generous than I am. I would have given zero. I’ve seen Markov bots more entertaining than this fellow.

@Lainy
You did the right thing. Trust yourself.
The man you speak of sounds like a type I’ve seen before. He pretends to be a feminist to get closer to women and to abuse them but doesn’t actually care in any way. Block him and try your best to make sure he stays out of your life. You’re better off without him.

@IronCthulhu

Got me to click the link so…troll/10

We’re not trolling. You’re the troll. I have too many better things to do.

Some part of me thinks you must know how ridiculous you sound. People of all sizes and shapes can date people of all sizes and shapes.

Go fuck yourself. Just fuck off. Go back to the wastes of 4chan from whence ye came.

Catalpa
Catalpa
1 year ago

He could also being using it as camo to slip into spaces, and then hurt people.

Yeah, this is sounding more likely by the minute. He’s sounding less like a horny asshole and more like a more ‘sophisticated’ predator who knows how to parrot the right words to gain people’s trust before he abuses them.

If this is the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the guilt Lainy is feeling is because he guilt-tripped her when she was starting to withdraw from the conversation. These types tend to use things like “you’re being unreasonable and unfair and you won’t give me a chance!” as a cudgel.

Nequam
Nequam
1 year ago

I keep hearing the whine of a pesky insect. Should I be breaking out citronella candles?

dashapants
dashapants

@Lainy

I don’t think you should feel conflicted about your actions towards this former friend / current internet pest guy. He persisted in a behavior that was making you uncomfortable even after he was informed that it was inappropriate. Ergo, cutting him off is nothing to mull about. He did not behave well. Your actions were a direct and sensible consequence.

Telling your husband about the event is sort of neutral in my books. It depends on too many things in your relationship that I don’t know about. On one hand, it creates more unnecessary conflict, on the other hand sharing an annoying experience with a significant other is normal aspect of a relationship, and it’s not like you tossed an innocent into the fray or caused all that much stress for your husband. It’s probably alright all things considered.

I’m super confused by your former friend’s logic though. Once upon a time you had a drug problem and therefore you should not be intimate with or married to your husband now? You don’t actually have to answer or elaborate. It just seems such troll logic. I am surprised you should feel unsettled about your very correct choice to shut down that conversation.

kupo
kupo
1 year ago

Am I the only one concerned to hear this MGTOW’s friends are dating whales? When did this become normal?? People, I know they’re cute, but whales are wild animals and very large ones at that! They can’t consent to dating you and do not make good pets. Why, a whale just attempting a playful slap could result in your boat capsizing! Leave the wild animals be! /s

Naglfar
Naglfar

@kupo

They can’t consent to dating you

And even if they could I doubt they’d want to date a MGTOW.

The wedding would be awkward because you’d have to invite the whole pod and they’d probably insist on having the ceremony in whalesong. Trust me, you do not want a blue whale bellowing your entire ceremony at 180 dB, it will destroy your ears. And all their songs are too long.

I’d recommend instead just marrying the sea.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

@kupo : I think it’s doable for dwarf sperm whales, who are like 3 meter long top. While tending to such a beast is a big endeavor, it’s also one someone can do with enough time, dedication, and money. Don’t kinkshame people who like exotism !

Plus, I think the sizes are ever so slightly more compatible than with a blue whale, where it’s borderline if you can swim into their junk.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Ohlmann

I think it’s doable for dwarf sperm whales, who are like 3 meter long top.

That was something I thought about, but the wedding would still be awkward. And the living situation would be tough to sort out.

There is an avant-grade musical composition by Nam June Paik that calls for the player to crawl into the vagina of a blue whale. To the best of my knowledge that part has never been performed.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
1 year ago

So like… my understanding of history includes a bit where fat used to be considered the conventional standard of attractiveness (for birth-giving reasons or something like that iirc) and then that standard shifted, leading to the current day where women do make themselves unhealthily slim to be what is considered attractive.

So… I guess it’s another case of MGTOW types getting so damn close, yet so far ?

@IronCthulhu

I’m not super active on here these days, so I prolly missed your hour of relevance. Mind if I ask exactly why we still keep you here ?

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@Sinkable John

Given that he’s got serious delusions of adequacy, I think he’s still here because he hasn’t quite picked up on the fact that his schtick is both pathetically transparent and tedious to the point of meh.

With his track record, I expect he’ll figure this out in a few years.

Malitia
Malitia
1 year ago

The only whale dating I approve of:

comment image