Dunning–Kruger effect empathy deficit entitled babies evil fat fatties men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

Fatpocalypse Now: Men who like fat women could destroy the human race, excitable MGTOW contends

Happy fat women: Every MGTOW’s worst nightmare

By David Futrelle

Over on the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit today, the regulars are working themselves into a tizzy over a terrible injustice: one of their MGTOW brothers has gotten a bunch of downvotes elsewhere on Reddit for posting a not-so-nice comment about fat women.

“I just got downvoted like 200 downvotes for saying that fat women are not attractive, what the hell?” complained narmohare. “I’m sorry my hobby isn’t whaling.”

Naturally, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth amongst the MGTOWs and cries of outrage about the evils of PC culture and its alleged hatred of The Truth about the evils of obesity.

But some of the most visceral hate was directed not at fat women themselves but instead at the men who allegedly enable this fatness by speaking out against fat-hatred and sometimes (the horror!) even dating fat women.

“[T]here [are] men out there that keep fucking these whales,” wrote Incapaisa.

Not only that there are some openly [walking in] public with them with hand in tow.

I have 2 friends who currently have a whale as a gf.

They are in shape , make money and dated hotter ,skinnier thots but according to them from the cheating or money drain they prefer to date down. Way the fuck down .

I in college slayed a whale or two when that was last call. If you can tolerate the sheer mass of size you do get great head and usually they take it in the ass the first night.

I can’t do it long term but some men can hence they have no motivation to be at a healthy weight.

Blame the male sex drive for some of these simps actually not only fucking whales but even [committing] to one

One commenter took this argument a bit further, suggesting that if men continued to tolerate (and date and even marry) fat women it very well might send us stumbling towards the literal end of civilization itself.

“These are dark times,” wrote ilikerelish,

because what these fools are doing is creating generations of men who have been indoctrinated with the idea that fat is attractive. that is going to create a feedback loop where women will then make themselves fat to be what the guys desire so that they can get that attention.

Uh oh!

Guys will continue to want fatter and fatter women until they are so unhealthy as to not support birth, and then maybe we’ll start returning to reality in health and fitness. …

Normalizing unhealthy ideas is dangerous, and may prove to be our undoing.

We’ve been warned, I guess.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
10 months ago

@Malitia : the pokemon game teached me they just play together and a egg magically appear. Nothing more !

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

@Naglfar –

will this embed… XD

IronCthulhu
IronCthulhu
10 months ago

It’s not the fat girls with hunky guys I have a problem with. Hell, if he likes fat girls then I don’t have to compete with him. Win-win.

It’s this whole idea of how they think men should consider ALL body-types sexy & beautiful or else they’re shallow, narrow-minded, chauvinist, etc while at the same time thinking it’s their right as women to expect a man to look like Jeremy Meeks.

Feminism promotes endless double-standards like this. Sad.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
10 months ago

*sigh* embedding is not with me, today. It’s a clip from YuGiOh Abridged about Mako, the ‘freaky fish guy’, who loves the ocean.

@IronCthulhu

If you want to support fat acceptance in men, there’s nothing stopping you. Except your wasting time trolling, that is. And the fact that your manosphere friends probably don’t share the same goal.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Iron Cthulu,

Nobody is requiring you or anyone else to date women you aren’t attracted to.

Reread the post. The thing that’s being mocked is MGTOW getting angry that other men are dating fat women.

There’s a third option besides dating fat women or whining about the existence of fat woman + thin man couples. You can just your gob. Men do not need to offer boner notes 24/7.

Lainy
Lainy

@ dashapants

If I had to guess the logic was along the lines because my rape and abuse is what made the drugs so appealing. This is also a side note but the guy who did hurt me was a Mexican man and my husband is now also a Mexican man so I hate to say it but thinking about it I thinking that was the length he was trying to make about our physical relationship triggering me. Or that because I’m a rape victim all types of sexual contact is “suppose” to be triggering to me. I use to have weird triggers that have been desensitized now that the wounds have healed. Like hearing anything in Spanish use to take me back to bad memories but obviously that one doesn’t bother me anymore since I’ve married into a heavily Spanish speaking family.

Lainy
Lainy
10 months ago

Post: if we let fat women exist and live their lives then we as a society will collapse

Troll: you know men don’t have to find fat women beautiful and you all just want 6ft2 muscle jacks with abbs anyways so sad.

What’s really sad is your boner updates dude.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Lainy

I’m not sure what you mean about this? The important people in my life already know about my drug abuse history cause I’m pretty open about it. A huge activist to try and deal with the opioid epidemic in the united states because that’s how I got it. Doctors were handing that shit out like candy but no one explained to me how it can get you high and can form addictions to it. And I happened to get it right in the middle of the worst time in my life so I was really vulnerable to it since I wanted to escape from my reality like all of the time.

Thanks for the context. What I meant was, there plenty of people who like to keep these sort of details private, and assholes often try to exploit whatever knowledge they have of their victims, often using thinly veiled threats and comments to get their way.

I should also add that this disgusting person probably subscribes to the stereotype that women married to military members are cheaters.

When there was a possibility of war with Iran a whole thread got started in Reddit concerning the topic, with these assholes telling everyone living near military bases to download Tinder.

An Impish Pepper
An Impish Pepper
10 months ago

Is IronCthulhu still upset about that one commenter who said she only dates ripped guys? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Joseph Zowghi

Ferrous Eldritch Abomination:

You must have a treasure trove of attention, because you clearly don’t pay any.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@kupo
John McAfeefeels differently, although I have no idea why he felt the need to share it.

@Sinkable John
I think he’s just now managing to even reach the level of annoying enough to ban; even that significance is hard for him.

Katamount
10 months ago

You know, it’s rather remarkable how little manospherians of any stripes really have a grasp of how humans behave. It’s really getting harder and harder to tell the MGTOWs from the Incels; really only some of the language differs and even then, they’re very similar.

This is not how human beings work, you mutants! Maybe you’ve constructed some kind of transactional hellscape for yourself, but ordinary humans are not all transaction all the time. Relationships require deeper connections than that.

@An Impish Pepper
Yup, I think he’s still hung up on StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved. I haven’t seen her around much lately, so I wonder what she’s up to.

@Dalillama
I’ve heard that sort of argument re: horses, but never whales. I guess mainly because most humans wouldn’t dare fuck a whale because you’d probably get killed. I’ve never fucked whales or horses and I don’t plan to. It’s not for me.

Lovelyday
Lovelyday
10 months ago

Some of these people need to study history or at least look a Ruebens

Lainy
Lainy

@ Diego

Sadly there is a lot of cheating in military relationships. From both sides but I think it’s because a lot of military girlfriends or wives are young. Like really young. One my husband’s teammates is 19 and just got dumped by his 16 year old girlfriend. I think that’s because when they leave they find out how hard long distant relationships are ans lack the maturity or life experience to talk about to end the relationship so they do that instead.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Katamount

ordinary humans are not all transaction all the time

Now that you bring this up I wonder if there is some deeper connection, between the manosphere and the notion that human relationships, including interaction between members of the opposite sex, are purely transactional?

Is this why libertarians naturaly gravitate towards these sort of ideologies? Ridiculous notions such as the “Sexual Marketplace” do seem to point towards such a skewed perspective.

Couch Thing
10 months ago

What must it be like to live with this sort of rot inside them? The hateful, malignant ideas that must poison their every thought, their every moment. I cannot imagine being one of these little boys, so filled with hate and fear.

@Diego Duarte

It fits very much with a zero sum game view of the world. If all interactions are transactional, it’s zero sum.
It also fits very neatly into a capitalist free market view. Of course, the same people who love the capitalist economy are angry about freedom of sexual choice, and the “enforced monogamy” they demand is much more similar to communism, to go with their metaphor*.

*Of course, this is not actually how dating works, but that goes without saying.

Victorious Parasol
10 months ago

Totally OT and hopefully provides something better to do than play bakklewheep with our latest troll.

Guess who just got a call from a recruiter about a job I applied for last week? ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!

And it’s the sort of thing I used to love the most about my old job! It’s a tiny bit less than what I used to make, but it’s a pay cut I can live with.

Who wants to join me and Mr. Parasol in a happy Snoopy dance?

@Victorious Parasol
Congrats on your new job!
comment image

Victorious Parasol

@Naglfar

Well, I’m not hired YET, but I’m a strong candidate and I could get an interview as quickly as next Tuesday. Still cause for rejoicing!

FlyByKiwi
FlyByKiwi
10 months ago

@Buttercup – cruisewear! Ha ha ha! That’s exactly what it is! I feel shabby at work all the time for just this reason. And I HAVE to be cheerful, helpful and funny all the time to make up for the massive favour people are doing me by being in my vicinity as I go about existing. It’s such a relief to go home and be myself.

@Victorious Parasol – whee! That’s so cool. I am not brave enough to do so much as write a CV!

Lainy
Lainy

@Victorious parasol

Congratulations ! even if your not hired yet that still really awesome and I hope it goes over well!

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@VictoriousParasol

Congrats! Hope you get it!

moregeekthan
moregeekthan

@VictoriousParasol

Congrats!

@Naglfar

I remember libertarian/Randian stuff being attractive to me as a young man, but you never had to go far in those circles before you would run in to someone professing “I have deduced the perfect model of how [X] works,” Where [X] might be something like dating, or the job market. And no matter how far from reality the model might be, folks would insist that it was actually correct, and anyone who disagreed was just too stupid to realize the truth. Which caused me to wonder how much of this belief system was just supporting other folks intellectual wankery.

I mention this because, when engaging in intellectual wankery, I suspect folks like manospherians tend toward transactional, zero-sum models precisely because they give you license to pretend you can just deduce everything. If you admit human relationships are complicated, and you might have to use messy trial and error to figure stuff out, then you can’t just explain stuff to each other and pretend you have solved everything.

@moregeekthan

It also means they’d have to acknowledge that women aren’t one-dimensional. And that their pick up artist strategies don’t work.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@David : thanks.

@moregeekthan : yes, the randian models are attractive because they are simple and easy to express, and demand more efforts to be debunked, so it’s an easy way to apparent intellectual superiority.

People usually say that when you have a hammer, every problem look like a nail. The far right actually put on blinders to make sure they only see a single hammer and consequently think there cannot be other solution than hammering.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
10 months ago

Also, women are objects, and all objects obey rational laws of physics and economics. You can describe their motion perfectly with graphs and formulas.

If women behave unpredictably and violate those laws, it’s because they’ve been brainwashed by feminism.

Paireon
Paireon
10 months ago

Awww, I was too late to mock OxydisedCuttlefish! Who did a splendid demonstration of moving the goalposts and attempted trolling while insinuating we were the ones doing it, by the way. Also: I know and understand why it doesn’t fly here, but personally, as someone diagnosed with Assburgers for the past 23 years, I usually find autism-related jokes pretty funny myself (then again I am a Grandmaster of self-deprecation fu). Not gonna tell any here unless maybe it’s at my own personal expense (A-word privileges, as it were), but you folks tell me if it’s a no-no even then (always good to ask what the boundaries are, plus it pisses off the other side when we do it harmoniously).

Anyway, back to worthier subjects:

@Lainy – Sorry, also late for this, but yes you and your husband totally did the right thing. I think it’s also great that you both have healed enough and are mature/strong enough to have allowed yourself to fall in love with said husband given the circumstances – as we see here all the time, it often takes far less trauma for people to fall in a downward spiral of hate, bigotry and fear. I wish you both the best. And fuck that manipulative little creep, whatever else he is.

@VictoriousParasol: Congrats!

@moregeekthan: Good for you to escape that trap; as for the “simplicity” of the models/theories I suspect it’s how so many young people with more ‘net savvy than intellectual/rational savvy got ensnared into alt-right and other such crypto-fascist claptrap ideologies. While I doubt I’d have been attracted to such concepts for long even if my circumstances had been different, the combination of being raised in a fairly progressive milieu and only finding out about objectivism and libertarianism when well into my twenties likely helped guarantee I would never find them attractive.

And whatever else, I gotta say that I’m not particularly proud of myself for going over the 250 pounds mark for the first time ever during the holidays. And given how I actually notice some differences (none of them positive), I’m reasonably certain that in my personal case, it’s not a healthy weight to be. And with how much I love food it’s not gonna be easy to cut back. Oh well, can’t complain about not having any challenges in my life, I guess!

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
10 months ago

I’m coming into this late, but @Lainy
You did the right thing by disengaging with the ex-friend. In my opinion, having feelings of guilt was unnecessary, but not exactly wrong-I think the reason you had those feelings of guilt is because you’re a kind person who doesn’t want to hurt anyone. They’re a sign of your empathy, which is something the ex-friend is quite deficient in.

Anonymous
Anonymous

@Knitting Cat Lady
Being overweight and/or obese is indeed a known risk factor for several disorders. Me, I blame the combination of readily available junk food pushed by often-corrupt megacorporations and the fact our genes have yet to realize that the sugars and fats that were once hard to come by are now ubiquitous. (Think about it- when has having too much food ever been a problem for any form of life until now?)

That said, it’s not 100% clear if the reason for the risk factor is due to the actual excess weight, some kind of altered immune response, a hormonal/endocrine thing, or one of a dozen other things in which weight is just the first link in a long chain of casuality. Even then, one should keep in mind that increased risk alone doesn’t mean that you’re fated to get whatever condition you’re at risk at- and that other activities can compensate for said risks. More importantly, if future research can figure out the mechanisms in which obesity would cause issues in all those disparate body systems, we can neutralize the parts of it that would be a risk factor.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Ohlmann:

“For every problem, there is a solution that is simple, elegant, and wrong.” — H. L. Mencken.

Nequam
Nequam
10 months ago

Amusing how RustyChump never noticed that Hilda has done a far better job of Going Her Own Way than he and his ilk ever will.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
10 months ago

I haven’t a clue how to pronounce IronCthulhu, so in my head he’s IronCityBeer. I can’t help it — I’m from Pittsburgh, PA, the home of this very bad, very weak beer. Kind of like this troll’s posts.

Prith kDar
Prith kDar

@FlyByKiwi:

Have you considered learning to sew? It’s not so hard once you learn the basics, you can choose your own fabrics and styles and tailor them to fit. You can also avoid the depression of clothes shopping, and feel good when you make something you really like that’s comfortable and that fits.

You can probably find classes in your area or at a community college, maybe even a crafts center at university. If you don’t live in a city, or don’t want to learn in a class, you can find videos online. You can also probably find cheap fabric at thrift stores to practice on while you learn.

It’s fun, and a useful skill for anyone.

I have big feet and even learned to make my own shoes. 🙂 When the market won’t provide, DIY.

Genjones
Genjones

@IronCthulhu-
“It’s this whole idea of how they think men should consider ALL body-types sexy & beautiful or else they’re shallow, narrow-minded, chauvinist, etc while at the same time thinking it’s their right as women to expect a man to look like Jeremy Meeks”

What you fail to understand is that the world doesn’t revolve around your boner. Fat women aren’t asking for your feedback. Inquiring minds don’t want to know about your preferences.

Likewise, just because you don’t fall within what someone else considers attractive, doesn’t mean they expect you to strive to become their type to appease them. It’s a fact of life that shouldn’t need to be spelled out. Sometimes people just have no plans to fuck you, and it is what it is.

This whole doublethink act where chauvinists make insufferable demands that fat people and random women in public cease and desist not being sexy and existing in general, but then claim some outlandish dystopian nightmare scenario if they don’t get sex and validation was kinda funny at first, but its wearing reeeeeeeeal thin.

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera
10 months ago

Don’t forget the part where they declare that male on female violence – either existing RL cases or part of their “men will rule” dystopia – is the fault of women for not putting out.

Though on the topic of “women getting hurt is their own fault” I saw a Facebook post linking an article stating how men are less likely to perform CPR on women due to a fear of “accidental groping.” The comments were chock full of dudes proclaiming that they would never do it because “there’s a risk of being accused of sexual assault and it’s all because of #MeToo.”

Literally, they were announcing their willingness to potentially let a woman die because they didn’t want the vanishingly small risk of being accused. Mentioning Good Samaritan laws did nothing, they’d come back with: “won’t stop her from trying to sue me!”

@sunnysombrera

To me that just sounds like a convenient excuse. It covers up that they just want women to die and allows them to sound slightly more palatable.