baby men evil laughing women incels men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reddit

Women laughing in groups without salad: A new reason to hate the ladies?

By David Futrelle

You have to give Reddit’s lady haters credit for one thing: they are endlessly creative in coming up with new excuses to hate the ladies. The latest? Women laughing amongst themselves.

Take it away, incel dude on The_Graypill subreddit.

Why do girls laugh obnoxiously in groups? (self.The_Graypill)

submitted 11 days ago by IceRGodZ

Whenever I see a group of girls, they do the most random noises and shit. They ALL flip their hairs, AWALT. It’s just weird how they can’t be different yet go in packs. It’s like they are the delightful children from down the lane (pun intended). They do laugh loudly if they sense chad is around them or are they laughing at some incel in their phone? No matter where I go, a group of girls do exactly the same thing, why really?

Hoo boy.

Dudes, sometimes people get together with friends, and one of them says something funny, and the others laugh.

H/T: Thanks to Jen_There_Done_That in the Blue Pill subreddit for snagging this gem from The_Graypill subreddit.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

1 year ago

Incels seem like the least self-aware people ever.

It’s as if they cannot see the rest of the world as actually existing independently.

1 year ago

Gray pill, huh? I bet this subreddit is just the same shit with a new name.

they do the most random noises and shit

Umm…I think you’ve confused women with parrots. Parrots (in my limited experience) are always imitating random sounds around them and ruffling their feathers.

I think I know why incels don’t get this. They’re incapable of understanding humor, so they don’t get why people would be laughing.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Groups of men are just as loud, if not louder. Mixed gender groups are also loud. That’s just kind of how people work.

1 year ago

I think my communications professor in college told us about some research that said groups of women and groups of people of color of all genders are perceived as louder and called louder as a way of marginalizing them. Like if they are “loud” that means their disruptive and it’s ok to tell them to shut up and not have a voice.

I’m still here hanging out with my gorgeous friend and we are going to be two laughing women on purpose. 🙂

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

It’s remarkable how they ALL flip their hair, even the ones with short hair.

@WWTH
As someone on the autism spectrum, I am very sensitive to loud noises when I don’t expect them, so I’m very observant of people’s volumes. In my experience men are almost always louder, especially so in groups. Not sure if this is biological, social, or both, but there are few kinds of groups louder than a bunch of drunk guys shouting at each other in a sports bar.

@StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
I’ve heard the same thing. I’ve also heard that women are perceived as talking more when they tend to talk less than men (often due to being deliberately silenced).

@Moggie

It’s remarkable how they ALL flip their hair, even the ones with short hair.

And what about women who shave their heads? Or wear headscarves?

Does that part make anyone else think of the song “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction?

@Naglfar

I believe that. And we’re “loud” or “talking more” even when we are talking to a man but he’s not the particular man that some *other* man thinks is the one we should be talking to. That’s what makes me mad.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

The old “women talk more and are louder” chestnut just will not die, despite being repeatedly debunked. And as an aside, I’m so glad the comms course I teach in got rid of the unit on gender differences in communication. Most of the research in that area is evo-psych rubbish (now if I can just get them to veer away from the “extroversion is better” stuff…)

Now, can someone explain me this:

It’s like they are the delightful children from down the lane (pun intended)

I’m probably missing a reference here, but what’s the pun?

@Mish

Did what I thought I was remembering from my class sound right to you? I don’t have the textbook from that class anymore and I think it wasn’t an article we read but something the professor told us so maybe I’m mixing it up.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 year ago

I think they’re the villains from Code Name: Kids Next Door.

Lainy
Lainy

@moon custafer

Yeah. Still doesn’t make since. Two of those children were boys and they were suppose to ve this creepy version of the perfect children. So the sons were this weird version of what the perfect sons were suppose to be. I’m pretty sure the one that was always in the football helmet was the chad one.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

It’s not so much a pun as it is a refrences and its a references that doesn’t make since so this guy is just dumb

Tohka
Tohka
1 year ago

What’s the grey pill now??

But incels really don’t live in reality do they? Flipping their hair and laughing sounds so cheesy. Like they’re all watching a 90s highs chool movie, noticing the stereotypical mean girls clique and they all take the movie as a documentary for today. Wow.

Kent Reniche
Kent Reniche
1 year ago

Not to make light of someone on the spectrum, but this quote,” I am very sensitive to loud noises when I don’t expect them”, applies to everybody.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Kent Reniche
Please don’t.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

So very unlike incels, who certainly don’t all use the same lingo or think in the same sloppy, unexamined, self-pitying, hateful way or call each other derogatory names or advise each other to commit mass murder or suicide.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

@Nagflar : can very easily be cultural. My personal experience is that it vary more by nationality (oh GOD the americans !) than by gender.

Inebriation is also, of course, a big factor too. (and drunk women are *plenty* loud, and also rarer since women are trained since childhood to never lose control or horrible things will happen. Why don’t we do that to everyone ?)

Also, as other said, thoses “grey pills” seem to think that everything revolve around them. That’s not an healthy way of thinking …

Full Metal Ox

@Mish:

My own suspicion is that the perceived pun in “The Delightful Children From Down The Lane” may hinge upon the word “down”–it’s a circuitous way of calling the women’s behavior (insert ableist r-word).

@Kent Reniche

Maybe it does, but it’s a common characteristic of spectrum individuals that we don’t like loud noises that are unexpected. More so than other people.

@Kat

AIALT (All Incels Are Like That)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

“WHAT ARE THESE CREATURES OF HAIR WHO FLOCK TOGETHER AND EMIT RANDOM JOY SOUNDS FROM THEIR NOISE-HOLES” The OP sounds like a puzzled 4 year old who’s barely mastered object permanence, yet it’s the women who are childlike. OK.

numerobis
numerobis
1 year ago

People with long hair flick our hair. Typically because it gets in the way or starts tickling us. Nothing to do with gender.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Tohka wrote:

What’s the grey pill now??

I don’t actually know, but my guess is that it means they think they’re incel because they’re too old. Which would be absolutely par for the course, given the standard incel bit about “the wall.”

If there’s hypocrisy to be done, incels will do it.

@Gaebolga, Tohka
That could be it. My guess was that it’s For people who are incels but aren’t ready to admit that they’re blackpill (or aren’t all the way) so they say they’re greypill.

1 year ago

I feel powerful and sexy when I speak up so fuck off incels. And no I don’t flick my hair because it’s up today so I can wear this amazing pillbox hat. It’s vintage and has fine mesh netting that comes down as a full veil. But you can bet I’m going to speak with clarity and be heard.

Amtep
Amtep
1 year ago

I had the misfortune of looking up what the graypill is, and apparently it’s supposed to be a stage beyond blackpill, where they stop being angry and nihilist and become more productive.

“We don’t constantly post embarrassing edgy stuff online” is one of their points.

Apparently it’s not working.

@Amtep
So it’s supposed to be coming back around? They don’t seem to be coming back around.

Apparently it’s not working.

Of course it’s not working. Does anything incels do “work”? They sure don’t seem productive.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

If there’s a blackpill and a greypill, there’s gotta be a whitepill. Is that when you’re an incel because you’re a white nationalist and women aren’t into that?

@WWTH
Urban Dictionary says it’s the opposite of blackpill. So, to be white pill means to be optimistic and hopeful. Sounds hard but it’s better than feeling hopeless and depressed all the time.

I don’t know if there’s a word for white nationalists who can’t get laid. Maybe “fashcel?”

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Naglfar wrote:

I believe the term is “white nationalist”…

@Naglfar

If “fashcel” instead meant fashion-cel istead is of fascist-cel maybe they wouldn’t be so unhappy. But fashion is too fun and positive (although I struggle with that as a feminist because of how patriarchy says we *have* to dress a certain way but I do it because of what I want to do). So they probably wouldn’t have fun dressing nicely but instead would complain about what women are wearing. So I guess fashcel for fashion-cel could never happen.

@Gaebolga
Unfortunately it does seem that some white nationalists are able to get wives. And some also sleep with their in-laws as well.

rv97
rv97
1 year ago

-pill ideology needs to end, since misogynists transformed a pop-culture reference based on a philosophical argument on our very existence to an excuse to hate women.

I’ve been accused of blackpilling though elsewhere (because I do genuinely think this world’s fucked, but by Nazi, misogynist and other far-right and even more moderate conservative scum), although not in a manner that’s ever sympathetic to what these incels stand for, since they hate women.

Citerior Motive
Citerior Motive
1 year ago

There are so many pills now that I lose track. Which one is the grey one?

Those reactionaries sure do love that film made by two trans women.

Definitely not Steve
Definitely not Steve
1 year ago

I don’t normally put much stock in the idea that “society is over-medicated,” but I think these people are taking too many pills.

@Citerior Motive

Those reactionaries sure do love that film made by two trans women.

Do the incels know? Incel attitudes towards trans women range from extreme hatred to fetishization, with little in the middle.

And, do the Wachowskis know about how much misogynists love their movie? I can’t imagine they’d be pleased.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit
1 year ago

It’s just weird how they can’t be different yet go in packs.

Um, where exactly is the weirdness here? Or is every member of a pack supposed to be different? Oh God, he’s thinking of life like a fantasy quest game, isn’t he? You need a bard and a cleric and so on. You can’t have a bunch of people who get on because they shares interests and tastes.

@Definitely not Steve

And most of them are placebos. No truth to them, but they sure do make you feel better.

@Rabid Rabbit

You’re right about the no truth, but I don’t think these pills make people feel better. To take the black pill means to have no hope. That doesn’t make things better.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Naglfar:

Oh, I have no doubt they’re still bitter and joyless at heart, but it gives them something to believe in and something to rant about. It gives them a way to focus their anger so they can get an endorphin high from expressing it. “I’m miserable but I know the truth” is one way to give yourself a twisted self-esteem boost in the middle of your terrible self-esteem.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

A nocebo then ?

FlyByKiwi
FlyByKiwi
1 year ago

Re: parrots and imitation – in NZ we have a bird called a tui that has done very well in urban settings and thrives in suburbs. They do awesome imitations of car horns and the like and one recovering after an injury in a bird sanctuary learned to ask (passably well) do you want to go for a swim? So great. (Male bird I should note.)

I find being told I’m talking or laughing too loudly just about the most offensive and demoralising thing ever. Being leered at (for me) is only marginally worse. We’re not allowed to be heard cos we’re women? I’m supposed to be quiet and demure cos I’m a woman? No one wants to hear what I say cos I’m a woman? By speaking we’re imposing upon the men who should be speaking instead and if they listen to us they’re doing us a favour (pat the burbling woman on the head, so cute).

Makes me wild!

@FlyByKiwi

I so get that and have struggled to fight against it and I’m making progress and feel better about it. Just want to say you have every right to be mad but in realizing that and in expressing yourself is strength .

Dreamer
Dreamer
1 year ago

I teach ESL (English as a Second Language). Another teacher complained my class was filled with too much wild laughter. First I was told to keep it down. Then I was told, “Better to laugh than cry” by the top, lol! Oddly enough people learn another language faster when they’re having fun.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

Others have already addressed what “grey pill” is, but I went to the trouble of taking screenshots so I’m gonna post them anyway, dammit 🙂

comment image

and here are the roools:

comment image

I also went down an internet rabbit hole (why yes, I am procrastinating) and found a different type of grey pill here

@Full Metal Ox, thanks for the possible explanation of the pun. Ugh!

@Mish

1. The acceptance of the scientific blackpill (the studies, lookism, hypergamy, etc.)

Scientific blackpill is an oxymoron.

David Rose
David Rose
1 year ago

I live in a major metropolitan area in the US and our commuter trains have “quiet cars” during rush hour so people can work, sleep, read, etc. during the commute. Don’t get me wrong, I’m an introvert who LOVES the quiet cars. But not everyone immediately knows the rules. Of course, sometimes people mistakenly engage in conversations or phone calls while sitting in the quiet car, and other passengers have to let them know that they’re transgressing a boundary. This is total anecdata but I’ve seen it play out this way hundreds of times.

Man calls out loud man or group of men for being loud in the quiet car (somewhat rare): “Hey man, sorry… but this is a quiet car” met with apologetic and immediate reversal of transgressive behavior

Woman calls out loud man (rare) or group of men (practically unheard of): “excuse me sir, but this is a quiet car” met with eye rolls and commiserating glances with other men within eye rolling vicinity, and sometimes guy/s feel entitled to finish the conversation regardless of being made aware of having transgressed a boundary

Man calls out not-that-loud woman or group of women (frequent): “This is a quiet car. Can’t you read the sign? It’s right there.” Met with approving glances from most other passengers. If the women are particularly young, or particularly old, or not white, or not speaking English, the tone is usually extra-condescending.

Yeah, the standards of behavior are not consistent, to put it mildly.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Naglfar

Absolutely.
And this reminds me – I only recently learned that the Bell Curve guy, when writing about IQ differences across the world, literally guessed the national IQ of multiple countries because he didn’t have any actual data.
(I know IQ is basically BS anyway but it’s still gobsmacking…)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

“Honkpill”? OK, I give up.

Greypill basically sounds like MGTOW. Men trying to live productive lives, but every five seconds they lapse back into “we hate women but we’re not gonna waste time posting about it GODDAMN I HATE WOMEN”.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

My mother used to dole out supplements to me at breakfast. The most fascinating-looking one was the seaweed pill (full of minerals), which was variegated shades of gray. I think that’s the mysterious graypill. It’s for incels who want to be healthier while they kick back and “enjoy the collapse and the chaos” around them. Good times.

Nanny Oggs Bosom
Nanny Oggs Bosom
1 year ago

I’m autistic and have some entertaining aural sensitivities so groups of people are painful, while simultaneously not having a huge amount of control over my own voice volume. I get loud when passionate about a subject or excited. I don’t know it until someone tells me. It was fun yesterday when the autistic game’s group I’m part of went out for a Christmas meal. We all get loud. It’s mostly men though. I think we managed two and a half hours before we were all exhausted from being sociable and decided to go home.

Groups of people are generally loud, whatever their gender or neurology, it’s called being human. And it’s why I have a pair of noise cancelling headphones and always know where the loos are.

ColeYote
ColeYote
1 year ago

It’s like they are the delightful children from down the lane (pun intended)

If that guy intended to make a pun, he failed.