chad thundercock entitled babies incels self-hatred

Incels are now mad at the Buddha for being a tall, thin “gigachad”

Buddha breaks another heart

By David Futrelle

Now the incels are mad at the Buddha.

Seems that several weeks ago one prolific Incels.co commenter called speedtypingincel discovered a post on a Buddhist message board claiming, based on an extremely close reading of ancient Buddhist texts, that the historical Buddha was an astonishing 6 foot 7 inches tall, thus rendering him irresistible to women and allowing him to “heightmog” virtually all other men of his time and ours.

“That’s the reason he had so many followers,” speedtypingincel wrote. “BONES are the most important thing in the world.”

The incels have been raging about this claim ever since.

“A rich chad who had everything in life telling poor incels not to give a fuck,” complained someone called Sparrow’s Song.

Sounds like a conspiracy to keep people docile and prevent violent uprisings. … Now I understand why the TaIiban destroyed that Buddha statue in Afghanistan, it was a reminder of a rich chad hypocrite who told people just to cope while both physical reality itself and society fucked them over and it was a massive stone heightmog as well.

Not sure this is an entirely accurate description of Buddha’s teachings, bro.

Glad they did it, the last thing they needed was cucked symbol of coping and accepting getting bullied while they are in the middle of an uprising against the biggest bullies in the world. … Sand prophets, messianic manlets, and ancient Greek high IQ posters will always be better than bootlicking buddhists.

A commenter called Neggr was a bit more concise, complaining that “Buddha was a slim gigachad.” Yet another griped that the Buddha was “a mogging machine” — that is, a man who out-alphas all the other men in his vicinity — “who had everything.”

More than a few expressed their astonishment that a a prince would give up a life of pleasure and ease to take up a quest for enlightenment. As someone called Hell put it

Buddha had a wife and even children and god knows how many concubines he fucked until he got bored and decided to have his extended vacation beach party.

Then he gets back and tries to convince everyone to be celibate lmao.

jfl at ricecels that fell for this crap

This has been today’s Comparative Religion lesson, incel-style.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@naglfar

have no idea what the other acronyms mean and I don’t really want to know.

Pretty harmless, really. AoE= area of effect, DPS=damage per second, and BoE appears to be a game called Blades of Exile, which probably is basically like Skyrim or summat. AoE has been part of gamer jargon since before there was any such thing as video games, tbh, but DPS seems to have cropped up since the turn ot the century.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
9 months ago

Fuck, I loathe their stupid slang. This might be the snob in me

Hah, the slang…. This is the very definition of “I know something YOU DON’T!!”

The root of igno-right-wing fantasy lies somewhere in the vicinity….

9 months ago

Hah, the slang…. This is the very definition of “I know something YOU DON’T!!”

That’s it. Where I went to college there was a professor in Communications who was a feminist scholar and taught about how language and powe connect.

We can turn that on its head though and subvert them by taking their language and making it ours though I learned.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs
9 months ago

Hey, @Moggie! ::waves:: Just got back from 5 1/2 hours in the rain doing get-out-the-vote door-knocking in my nearest marginal – JC4PM that’s what I say 🙂

I suspect it’s not impossible that I might have done some door-knocking in your constituency in the last few days too, just possibly perhaps maybe (been going to marginals because I’m in a safe Labour seat – just down the road, if you’re in the one I’m guessing at)

@Naglfar, yes that is exactly what they’re doing.

moregeekthan
moregeekthan

@dalillama @naglfar

BoE can also mean Bind on Equip, which means the item is tradable to other players as long as you don’t equip it.

(moderately embarassed I know this)

LollyPop
LollyPop

@opposablethumbs

Woooo! Just voted labour in a Tory seat, fingers crossed for the #YouthQuake.

Crip Dyke
9 months ago

I suspect I am measurable only in millichads. SAD!

Kara.
Kara.
9 months ago

I think their slang is really funny, but only because of how, like, juvenile and goofy everything is. I suppose it’s a strength for sub-par propaganda to be so straight-up childish that no one reasonable takes it seriously, but everything they come up with to define their worldview sounds like a bad Pokemon fangame from, like, 2007. My cute little Siddhartha evolved into a MegaChad at level 29, since I gave him the bird-poop helmet of enlightenment to hold.

Also, imagine being so petty that you read the founding story of Buddhism and your only takeaway is that a “GigaChad with all-caps BONES gets whatever he wants” … like, yeah, dudes. That’s what happens at the start of the story. Then he realizes he’s still unhappy and unfulfilled and decides to re-prioritize. Everyone else goes, “oh, man, if the highest and most privileged of us is still unhappy to the point where he declares those privileges meaningless, maybe we should change our priorities too.” It’s like reading Aesop’s Fables and calling the fox an idiot for not knowing the grapes were sour in the first place.

I dunno, man. It’s pretty sad. They close themselves off to meaning and emotional depth to the point where they only feel absolutely terrorized by their own sex drive.

So, for a positive turn, I dunno if any of y’all are into tabletops or Lord of the Rings-style fantasy worlds at all, but the BONES obsession reminded me of a silly one-off character from Dimension20.

edited for just the link, because I absoLUTELY don’t know how to embed properly: youtube.com/watch?v=03Mi3Rwcn94

Moon_custafer
Moon_custafer

@Lainy, Naglfar:

You just made me devote several brain cells to recalling whether “Yamaka” is a Japanese motorcycle/electric organ company. (It is not, I was thinking of Yamaha.)

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Crip Dyke
Since you’re a woman, wouldn’t you measure yourself in Stacys (attach SI prefix of your choice)?

@opposablethumbs
As I figured. Here in America the president just signed an executive order that he claims is to prevent antisemitism on campuses but actually declares Jews to be foreigners. An antisemitism classic!

9 months ago

I talk a lot about falls and crackers a lot these days (practicing with my bullwhip) but if someone overhears parts of a conversation maybe it sounds we’re talking about snacks falling off the shelf. There’s a pun in there somewhere but I’m not sure where.

Kara.
Kara.

@Stacey

I love it! My mind jumps to calling your sub your clumsy grocery delivery man, in polite company, with pointed winks.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
9 months ago

Stacey – I just recently attended a seminar on online retail, and learned there’s some formal business theory called “Service dominant logic”.

Oh the things we kinksters end up sniggering at…

@Kara.

Oh, you are brilliant…I love that!

My group, though, has a lot of high-protocol events though and the guys I am basically being fixed up with as slaves are guys I’m only going to be interacting with in really formal interactions. I say really formal but it’s also really intimate and I find that really powerful, you know? It does put some pressure on us all to be really practiced in how we move and talk and interact but I come from a dance background and love that and for me it’s like really beautiful performance art and beautifully collaborative really even if I’m dominant. It’s really sweet actually. I say slave because that’s their role in our group and they have protocol obligations at events but I have responsibilities too of course and the way it’s explained to me it’s almost more like they’re role is as my pets for that time so I’m in charge but have to take care of them too. It’s like really beautiful drama and performance art and our group does creative writing to go with it all.

But I *love* your sense of humor and would definitely get a kick out of sharing that with my friends I’m more informal with. It’s really cute and I love it!

Moggie
Moggie

@opposablethumbs:

Thanks for GOTV! I’m in Hampstead and Kilburn (Tulip Siddiq). So, maybe you’re going door-to-door in Kensington, or Finchley and Golders Green? Kensington is about as marginal as it gets: 20 votes in 2017!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

Good on you, @LollyPop!
aha Moggie, yes we are just down the road in North Islington. Went to Tulip Siddiq’s get-out-the-vote last time, in ’17 🙂 but this time have been going to Kensington and to Finchley-and-Golders-Green over the last couple of weeks, plus yesterday and today in Chipping Barnet (350-something votes in it). I was guessing Finchley-and-Golders-Green from your description, so I was close but not quite 🙂

Katamount

@moregeekthan

Yeah, that’s what I was going for. I play a lot of Star Trek Online and it has Bind on Equip items.

I’m on the edge of my seat for the UK results, but the leader of Canada’s Conservatives just resigned amid a story that he used party funds for his kids’ private school tuition.

Oh, the teeth gnashing is just delicious.

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow
9 months ago

A 6′ 7″ mogging machine? Now I’m picturing a cross between the Buddha and Peter Steele (RIP) circa 1995.

9 months ago

If a 6’7″ ripped guy with a gentle soul and inspiring words about peace and acceptance makes incels jealous they deserve it for their bad attitudes. In the meantime I want such a sweet beautiful hunk for my stable.

Bina

@Naglfar:

@Crip Dyke

There actually is a (humorous) unit for feminine beauty: the millihelen. Applied to a woman whose face is pretty enough to launch but one ship (compared to the mythical Helen‘s thousand, natch).

I have no idea how many millihelens I rate, BTW.

Bina

@Stacey:

Same here.

And the jolly old fat guy is welcome to hang around, too, because jollity is always a good thing in a man.

@Bina

I love that and so agree. Positivity means so much to me!

(Only the handsome ripped hunk on my leash under my whip though!)

But for hanging out *yes* jollity, good spirits, love and positivity and *respect* in any person with any body is what my soul wants.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Bina

And the jolly old fat guy is welcome to hang around

So, Santa Claus? Not super familiar with the guy, but I hear he likes milk and cookies.

The unfortunate thing about Santa is the whole “knows when you’ve been bad or good, so you better be good” part. It sounds rather Orwellian that there is somebody out there who is constantly watching and will punish you if you don’t follow the rules. So you better be good for goodness sake, or to Room 101.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Bina

I find that extremely hilarious. I believe I am rated in microhelens then (one or two persons might launch a war for me). I suspect most people are, except stars like Taylor Swift, who could be rated in gigahelens.

Nequam
Nequam
9 months ago

The problem with millihelens is that you’re using metric prefixes with Troy units.

kupo
kupo
9 months ago

Excuse me, but I am the mogging machine, here.

@kupo

You better than anyone!

Seth
Seth
9 months ago

It even appears now there is an incel book! I will not link it, but has anyone had a chance to read it who can offer a review? It’s called, The Blackpill Theory: why incels are right & you are wrong. It’s been promoted on incels.co

Dalillama
Dalillama

A mogging machine:
comment image

(A Unimog, a German military truck popular with offroading campers, who call themselves ‘moggers’)

@moregeekthan

Ah, that one’s unique to mmorpgs, and hence well out of my wheelhouse.

(moderately embarassed I know this)

It is in your nym

Allandrel
Allandrel
9 months ago

The discussion of incel and gamer slang reminds me that “mogging” is also a thing in World of Warcraft: it is short for Transmogrification, which is WoW is when you change the appearance of your equipment to look like other equipment of the same type. Basically, it lets you use the gear that has the best game values while still being able to play Pretty Pretty Dress-Up to your heart’s content.

I spent four months killing a Lovercaftian Old God once a week in the hopes that I could loot some cool looking shoulder armor from his corpse. It wasn’t even as powerful as the shoulder piece that I already had I only wanted it for Pretty Pretty Dress-Up purposes.

Kara.
Kara.

@Stacey

I really dig that! It sounds like the etiquette gives you the emotional space to really develop what cooperative play or narrative you want respectfully, and it’s also just nice to hear that you’re in a cool group that you’re psyched about! 🙂

@Allandrel

Pretty Pretty Dress-Up is extremely valid

Paireon
Paireon
9 months ago

Wow, even when talking about non-European groups they like they give off racist cringe vibes. And you know they’re way fucking deep in the rabbit hole when they’re actually cheerleading Talibans of all people.

Also, pretty sure the 6’7” thing they decided to fixate on (because at this point they like being angry and so will fixate on any random shit to fuel that anger) is just some weird fanficcy flex by a random Buddhist with a rather poor understanding of Gautama Siddhartha’s teachings.

The slang and measurements talk made me laugh.

Citerior Motive
Citerior Motive
9 months ago

They really are incapable of viewing anything except through their weird sexual anxiety, aren’t they.

@Kara

Thank you! Yes, you’re so right in your take on it I think.

We work as each other’s go-betweens in the practical part of setting stuff up and setting up the start of the relationship. It’s slow and gives people time to feel comfortable but it’s also exciting.

(And maybe TMI warning here but hope this is ok) It’s like there’s a build up to enjoy. Each little stage is exciting. I was talking about that in the open thread like how my mentor and friend in the group who is a really amazing woman gave me as a gift a bodyharness made for a (hot and ripped) man’s body that I actually get to put on the guy who I’m going to be allowed to formally claim as my slave.
So yes because of the formality and protocol in our group although of course I’ve seen pictures I don’t even know his name and am not supposed to. But also because of the mutual trust of our group and our friends in the group arranging this I can know in the back of my mind that the real person he is wants this and trusts me and the real person that I am. But because it’s only in the back of our minds you’re right it creates a safe and trusted space for me to experience and enjoy him just as the hot male body harnessed and on my leash doing what I want. We all do journaling and creative writing to go with this and I’ve been writing about how I feel like maybe I am symbolically resisting patriarchy’s objectification of women’s bodies by reversing that — but in a more compassionate and woman-centered way because I’m not going to have sex with him and don’t want to right away or maybe ever but want to just pet him and run my hands over those beautiful muscles and cradle his handsome chiseled face and admire him as my pet. He is exactly what incels call a Chad and I love it and I feel I am resisting incels’ ugly ideas by admiring and enjoying him that way.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara
9 months ago

I am not a Buddhist by any stretch (though I sometimes read from the Dhammapada before I meditate) but AFAIK many of the physical descriptions and representations of Gautama Buddha are meant to be symbolic rather than literal: for example, I understand that the thing on his head that looks like a man-bun is a symbol of his elevated consciousness. If a Buddhist text claimed that he was of unusual height, I’d suspect that it was more a metaphor for him being able to see further than most, or something on those lines.

Also, their characterisation of the Buddha as having given up a life of pleasure for asceticism is misleading¹: Buddhism was supposed to be a “middle way” between the two extremes of self-indulgence and self-denial. Buddhist monks live frugal lives but they don’t practice the kind of extreme self-mortification found in other religions. In the legends of his life, Gautama tried the life of an ascetic after he became disgusted with his previous hedonistic life and found it unsatisfying: a person who spent their life eating, drinking and screwing and tries to deny themselves those things is just going to spend their time thinking about them anyway and making themselves miserable. The One Weird Trick™ he espoused was to learn not to want them in the first place. That insight was why he was called Buddha, “the enlightened”, in the first place.

¹ Much unprecedented. Such surprise. Wow.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
Congrats on your slave. Part of why I like BDSM even though I’m not part of any groups at present is how it allows subversion of patriarchy and other norms. Enjoy.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna

Dad Bodhi.

(sorry)

@Naglfar

Thank you so much, that is really nice of you to say that! YES subversion or norms can be so powerful.

I haven’t taken possession of him yet but have the option of doing so at one of our events tonight or at our event tomorrow night. I spent time last night and during my break today just making sure I am kind of familiar with the layout of his harness so I’m not all fumbling around with it in the moment.

I mean it looks really sexy on a handsome guy but as a practical matter before we actually do it it first seems like a bunch of straps and buckles that can get all tangled up. Definitely impresses on me that doing this for real is not like jerks think porn is but to make 30 minutes of a beautiful live drama it takes hours and hours of practice and communication. But that’s art and it’s worth it. So yes in the moment tomorrow I have to be able to get him into it and everything buckled and locked so it’s snug but doesn’t hurt him but without fumbling so my motions seem firm and decisive but caring. That’s why it reminds me of theater.

I’m more comfortable with my bullwhip (I’m not striking him or anyone with it but cracking it is only for dramatic effect when I give verbal instructions so that means I have to really know what I’m doing to *not* accidentally hit anyone since it’s a real whip and can be dangerous if you don’t know what you are doing). But with lots of practice I feel really confident now. I even carried it to work today (not to crack but as an accessory to my outfit) and I love the feel I get from having.

Replying to you has inspired me to journal after when we are slow here in our salon so thank you for the inspiration!

Paireon
Paireon
9 months ago

@Stacey – So you are literally a Stacy who’s in a relationship of sorts with a Chad. As a dude with almost every stereotypical incel trait except the bitterness and misogyny, I find this hilarious (in a good way – hope you and him are happy together for a long time).

@Paireon

If you mean to talk about the irony that my name is actually Stacey, yes, I love that too. As for my slave I don’t know his name and as I kind of explained above it’s kind of a symbolic point that I don’t so that I can just enjoy him as the gorgeous male body that he is and at my whim. Like I said it’s an act of resistance against patriarchy by turning the objectification of women on its head. So I’m proud, as a Mistress, to say I don’t know or care what his actual name is as long as he’s tall, handsome and ripped, and on all fours at my feet wearing the harness I put him in, on my leash and respectful of the sound of my whip cracking. It’s important for the psychology of where I am right now that I say that clearly using those words if I respond to anything about his name. I hope that makes sense. But yeah he’s a “chad” in the generic sense of the word the way creepy incels mean it so if you meant to talk about the awesome irony of that then yes.

I don’t know what you mean when you say you have every stereotypical incel trait except misogyny and bitterness because aren’t those the two things that really define an incel? Or maybe you mean incels’ own stereotypes of themselves. Either way of course I don’t judge a guy’s or anyone worth as a person by their body or appearance but just insist on the right to do judge by those things for choosing who I want to do anything sexual with but of course that second part goes without saying for normal people right? Just not whiny incels.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
If you do ever decide to name your slave, you could name him Chad and bask in the irony.

@Nagflar

Oh, eventually we will probably meet in regular life and I’ll know his real name then but for the present we are enjoying the curated short dramatic live vignettes because that’s what we decided on. I do see the irony though.

What I’d rather do is walk him in front on a bunch of whiny incels and tell them off for their entitled attitudes. That would be powerful. I’ve been practicing enough with whip cracking that it’s starting to become more natural to work a crack in when I raise my voice for emphasis to make a point in conversation and I find myself becoming more aware all the time of whether I have enough space wherever I happen to be clear of people and furniture or whatever to be able to do like a coachman’s crack safely. So it’s becoming more natural.

Tony
Tony
9 months ago

The funny part is that some “ancient Greek high IQ posters” — or rather, Greek-SPEAKING and Greek-INFLUENCED thinkers in southern Asia — actually practised Buddhism after Alexander the Great’s successors set up Hellenistic kingdoms in Bactria and the Punjab.

Oh, and if you want to talk about heightmogging, I think Confucius was NINE feet tall according to legend.