'bating aimee terese misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles twitter

Aimee Terese: Vibrators are symbols of capitalist alienation

Emma Goldman is not impressed with this bullshit

By David Futrelle

Probably none of you have been wondering just what Aimee Terese has been up to lately but I’m going to tell you anyway.

Therese — the skidmarxist Twitter troll with strangely reactionary views on everything but Bernie Sanders — recently took a few moments from one of her interminable squabbles with leftists who think she’s a reactionary idiot to offer some thoughts on vibrators. Naturally, she’s against them.

She began by taking issue with a jokey photo that replaced the hammer in the famous communist hammer-and-sickle with a Hitachi Magic Wand.

When others responded to her humorless anti-vibrator jab with mockery, she puled out her Marxism Buzzword Cheat Sheet and doubled down.

THE WORKING CLASS HAS NO TIME FOR YOUR PETTY BOURGEOIS ORGASMS!

I’m not sure that, say, Emma Goldman would have agreed on this one. Didn’t she once famously declare “if I can’t dance with myself I don’t want to be part of your revolution.”

Well, it was something like that.

Changing the subject somewhat, Terese decided to weigh in on environmental activist Greta Thunberg and … 12-year-olds having sex?

After reading this through several times, I’m going to give Terese the benefit of the doubt and assume that she’s not seriously calling for the age of consent to be lowered to twelve.

No, she seems rather to be suggesting that we shouldn’t listen to Greta Thunberg because she’s twelve.

Which is a weird argument to make given that Thunberg is actually sixteen. It’s also a little disingenuous, given that Terese doesn’t want anyone listening to environmentalists of any age.

In a tweet today Terese came so close (yet so far away) to a moment of real self-awareness.

Why might that be, Aimee? Why?

Principal Skinner once found himself in a similar predicament.

H/T — Thanks to Twitter’s @WreckerCaucus for keeping tabs on Terese and other reactionary skidmarxists.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Aron Levy
Aron Levy
10 months ago

This is why I can’t stand Marxists of any stripe. Also I’m proudly bourgeois.

Meh.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
10 months ago

OK, I’ve recently got my head round the notion that there are SWERFs/TERFs who claim to be the real Leftists. What’s their justification for the anti-environmental stance?

Or is this more of their solidarity with their image of the working class which coincidentally is also the Right’s image of the working class, i.e. only white, cishet coal-miners who want their old jobs back?

Crip Dyke
10 months ago

Hard to think of any commodity that more efficiently symbolises capitalist alienation than a vibrator.

That’s not what capitalist alienation means. Do you even Marx?

tim gueguen
10 months ago

Apparently she thinks the proletariat doesn’t need to seize the means of orgasm production.

10 months ago

On some level, I wonder if Aimee Terese and her Twitter are simply an AI that puts together Marxist buzzwords into sentences. Maybe if I have some time later, I’ll feed her tweets into an AI and see if the AI generates more coherent ones.

Also, my favorite response (which I can’t find now) was one that pointed out that when it comes to sex, masturbation is literally owning the means of production.

Re: her sounding like a Scientologist
Nah, at least Scientologists have some space opera stuff to keep it interesting. They’re awful, but at least more creative than AT.

@Moon Custafer
I’d guess it comes from them just trying to be reactionary idiots and be “cool”. Half of skidmarxism is trying to look contrarian because they think it makes them cool.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene
10 months ago

I googled this doofus to see if she’s just another child of the bourgeois talking over the actual working class and immediately ran across an incel forum discussing how awful she is.

gijoel
gijoel
10 months ago

Reposting for great justice.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@gijoel

Nice! Though I rather wish they had mentioned how many of the attacks sent Thunberg’s way are anti-autistic.

Amy E
Amy E
10 months ago

I am so stealing “skidmarxist”.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I haven’t seen a woman be so thirsty for the approval of horrible men since JudgyBitch. I almost feel sorry for her. Almost.

@Allandrel
Because even supposedly woke people can be shockingly bigoted against autistic folks. We’re still an acceptable punching bag for people, and the anti vaxxers and other groups have normalized anti autistic bigotry. Plus, the fact that many people use “autistic” as an insult normalizes hatred or misunderstandings toward autistic folks.
Not sure if there’s a word for bigotry against autistic people. I would suggest maybe one like “neuronormativity” or “autistophobia.”

@Amy E
Have at it!

@WWTH
Whatever happened to JudgyBitch anyway? I haven’t heard from her in a while. I think the same criticism could be leveled at all the FeMRAs.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

IIRC, JB left her husband for a personal trainer and they opened a gym or something?

@WWTH

JB left her husband for a personal trainer

So much for a traditional marriage.

Viscaria
Viscaria
10 months ago

Aimee Terese’s Marxist utopia: no sexy fun allowed, but it doesn’t matter because we’re only going to live for 60 years before the planet is uninhabitable. Just like Marx always dreamed of?

10 months ago

This reminds me of someone who understood the connection between Marxism and sex:
I give you: Cosmarxpolitan!

vaiyt
vaiyt
10 months ago

When push comes to shove, reactionary Marxists are reactionary first and Marxists second. They will side with fascists to defeat progressives, as they have done so in the past.

Shadowplay
10 months ago

So much for a traditional marriage.

Hey! In her beloved MRA circles, the wife buggering off for some hunk is VERY traditional, thank you!

That hurt to type.

@Shadowplay

Ah, yes. I believe they have a word for this kind of thing. Hypergamy, anyone?

Ingmar
Ingmar
10 months ago

Aaron, it’s fair :), but why marxists of any stripes specifically in reaction to her? I think marxism sometimes even means just a way of analyzing power relationships, structures, mainly economical, often to deconstruct them. What she says is hardly marxist :D.
It’s much like saying I can’t stand free market people in front of self appointed ones while they advocate Trump’s tariff’s policies.

@Ingmar
Agreed. Aimee Terese isn’t so much a Marxist so much as someone who has a list of Marxist terms and inserts them everywhere, displaying a complete lack of knowledge of what they mean.

footprints in wet clay
footprints in wet clay
10 months ago

The nonreligious part of the right wing’s opposition to environmentalism has always puzzled me. At least the religious portion have the excuse that they think they’ll be getting a new earth later anyway so it doesn’t matter what they do to this one (a horrible, callous, selfish attitude, and if I were God I wouldn’t let them have a new one just because of it), but the nonreligious portion…. I grant we could never accuse them of being tree-huggers, but …. surely they realize that we all breathe the same air? That clean fresh water is in finite supply that is only recyclable when the places it flows and is stored like natural aquifers aren’t poisoned? That we need both of those things in sufficient amounts to grow food of any kind? That their houses will get flooded as well as anyone else’s if they live too close to the ocean if/when climate change gets fully underway? I just… I don’t get it. Are they really assuming that the lefties will all die first and the wealthy will save them in gratitude for their loyalty instead of just throwing them under the bus like they usually do whenever it’s convenient? Why would a bunch of people whose behaviors are so motivated by greed and selfishness when things are going great for them not act the same or worse when things are tough?

Zatar
Zatar

Aron:

So what your saying is that you use the worst examples of a community to sneer at a movement for social change while taking pride in your class privilege?

Valentin
Valentin

Aron 🙄

Aimee is not a marxist she’s a crypto fascist. Just becuase someone says they are something, doesnt make it true. Just like lots of “race realists” say they are not racists or white supremacists. Look at her actions and beliefs, she is not a Marxist, she is a crypto fascist reactionary.

Real marxists, MLs, communists, anarcho communists etc care about people, aimee only cares about herself.

Catalpa
Catalpa
10 months ago

They either assume that by the time things get bad enough to worry about, they’ll be wealthy enough to insulate themselves from the fallout, or that the lefties (and scientists) are lying/exaggerating how bad it will be and certainly it won’t affect THEM. (Some may assume that by the time that things might actually be bad enough to affect them, Capitalism will come up with some magical technological solution that will get rid of all the bad stuff before it ruins everything. That seems to be the preferred fantasy for the Albertan aspiring oil tycoons in my family.)

Bina
10 months ago

If you think communism is about vibrators, you’re a petit bourgeois wanker.

Projection AGAIN? Booooooring!

In all seriousness, though, we should seize the means of gratification. If nothing else, it can save us from getting attached to the kind of shitty dude who’s obviously turned her head wayyyyy too far on its axis.

Beyond Ocean
Beyond Ocean
10 months ago

There’ll be no need for vibrators in Aimee’s Marxist Utopia, as every woman will be in (enforced?) monogamy with a rugged True Working Class Coal Miner, her happiness and safety guaranteed because she can control him with her feminine wiles.

At least that’s how much I gathered from Aimee’s other excerpts here so far. /s

Good thing she has this Marxist cheat sheet, or she’d be indistinguishable from a MRA.

Why do incels hate her? She was more apologetic to them than any other self identified leftist I’ve heard of.

To me it seems it’s in big part about men being angry at being told “no”. That they can’t have that steak. That they can’t drive their SUVs. That economy can’t grow forever.

Better to die than let go of ingrained entitlement.

Shadowplay

@footprints in wet clay

I’m the other way around. Bible’s pretty damned clear we’re the stewards. Not the owners.

I mean, Revelations – their favorite book – is bloody clear what happens to the destroyers of the Earth, and it ain’t a kiss on the cheek.

Battering Lamb
Battering Lamb
10 months ago

I’ve met plenty of those. Even on the left, no less. I mean, the ones who identified as on the left do believe we need to lower carbon emisions and all that stuff but they still claim everything will probably work out fine.

Also, ‘seize the means of production’ is a great euphemism for masturbation. Thanks Naglfar!

occasional reader
occasional reader
10 months ago

Twitter, on the other hand, is pretty communist, as we all must agree. (sarcasm, if not clear)

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
10 months ago

No vibrator can keep up with Comrade Stahanov!

Crip Dyke

@Lumipuna:

Nicely played.

On the other hand, the straight cis guys might worry about competing against modern machinery if they remember their John Henry.

On the other, other hand, a steam-powered shaft driver? Could be painful.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
10 months ago

Liberals insist that a child like Greta Thunberg has the autonomy or agency to tour the world agitating for political change. I don’t see how they can argue that 12 year olds are politically mature yet at the same time lack the capacity to meaningfully consent to sexual activity.

Absolutely. If Greta Thunberg isn’t mature in every way, then she can’t possibly advocate on behalf of planet Earth.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
10 months ago

Being European, I had to look up John Henry. I think white cishet guys might also worry about competing against him.

I’d only heard of Stakhanov because he was briefly introduced in school, and his name sometimes comes up here. Now, Wikipedia mentions he also operated a jackhammer (electric, I presume).

@Footprints in Wet Clay
The nonreligious right opposes environmentalism because they don’t like the idea of their beloved corporations having to follow regulations, or the wealthy losing even a penny to wealth taxes or environmental protection laws. Nonreligious conservatives are almost as bad as the fundamentalist ones, the only difference is that they don’t have a pretense about having a God to serve. Though in reality both religious and nonreligious conservatives have only one God: money.

God money, they’ll do anything for you
God money, just tell them what you want them to do

@Battering Lamb
You’re welcome, but I can’t take credit. Someone on Twitter came up with it.

@LindsayIrene
You’d think the incels would like her. She sounds rather sympathetic to them.

Amtep
Amtep
10 months ago

I’d like to point out that the Magic Wand needs to be plugged into a power outlet, unlike most vibrators. This means that it absolutely depends on a working civilization.

After the cities starve and the forests burn you might be able to get your lesser orgasms with lesser vibrators by scrounging for batteries, but the Magic Wand will be silent. It won’t even be as good as a pointy stick, being dull and pointless.

One might view this fact in different ways.

The disapproving view: to get your satisfaction with a Magic Wand you have to be literally “plugged in”, you cannot be off the grid, you have to participate in capitalism’s relentless energy-hunger. Even your private moments have been surrendered to the owners of coal mines and the owners of the big, dirty machines that burn that coal.

The approving view: the Magic Wand embodies the social contract. For one to have orgasms, all must have orgasms. Investing in a Magic Wand is a commitment to keep our life-sustaining infrastructure chugging along. It connects the most personal of pleasures to the wider web of humanity.

Thank you for listening to my TED talk.

vaiyt
vaiyt

@footprints in wet clay

The politics of spite in action. Lefty tree huggers want to save the planet, I hate lefty tree huggers, so I’ll shit on my own bed and wake up surrounded by excrement to own the libs.

Pie
Pie

@Amtep

Technology has marched on since Stalin’s time. Tiny inverters, portable battery packs and solar chargers are all things nowadays. Sure, it won’t be as ergonomic, portable, cheap or convenient as an internal-battery one, but you don’t get a magic wand for any of those reasons…

moregeekthan
moregeekthan

@ Shadowplay

If they can ignore that eye of the needle that’s reputedly standing between them and heaven, they can ignore anything in the bible they deem to be inconvenient.

@ various

Of course incels hate her, they hate everyone.

@moregeekthan

From the Gospel of Supply Side Jesus:comment image

Katamount
10 months ago

Wow, I have no idea where to start with this. The idea that there’s no other commodity that symbolizes capitalist alienation (*coughsmartphonescough*), the odd humourlessness, connecting vibrators to the petit bourgeoisie… I mean, if I didn’t know any better, I’d say Aimee Therese was some kind of construct of a right-wing think tank to turn people away from socialism.

Bina

@Lumipuna:

Snurk…very punny.

I became familiar with him after a word-a-day mailing list I used to subscribe to had “stakhanovite” as their word one day. It was so interesting and little-used that I printed it out and memorized the meaning (a model worker, tireless to the point of fanaticism).

Come to think of it, a Magic Wand could well be the stakhanovite of vibrators, because it never quits until it burns out.

Lainy
Lainy
10 months ago

My husband and I went to a sex shop while he was home on leave a little while ago. And I saw a vibrator like the one she’s holding in the picture. It had a silhouette of Rosie the Riveter on the box with the caption “strong pulse strength” and I laughed to myself and thought “yeah if anything gonna scream strong feminine energy I guess, slap it on a clit vibrator.

Is Rosie the Riveter Public Domain? can you just slap that image on anything you want?

Paireon
Paireon
10 months ago

So, reading through these comments, I see that this woman is also anti-autistic?

Well, not that I liked her before (seriously, what kind of a killjoy must you be if you’re anti-sex toy? That’s the type of dumb I usually expect from fundies), but now… it’s personal. Dun dun-DUUUUNN!

@Lainy
Yes, she is public domain.

@Paireon
It seems likely she is. I’m not surprised in the least. It seems to be partially because she seems to have cribbed a substantial amount of her playbook from alt right trolls, and we all know how anti-autistic they are.

Paireon
Paireon

@Naglfar
Kinda counter-intuitive for someone who identifies as “Marxist” (which to the alt-right, and most right-wingers in general, can only be synonymous with “dirty commie”) if you ask me.

Also, I personally tend to be amused by autism- and Asperger’s-related humor myself, even the more mean-spirited bits, for some reason (might be my natural inclination towards self-deprecation and sardonic nihilism, though).

(For clarity/honesty’s sake: I was diagnosed with Asperger’s some 20 years back)

(Also, as a mythology buff, love your callsign)

@Paireon

Well, as we discussed earlier, it makes more sense when you consider that nobody actually thinks AT is a Marxist, other than herself (and even then, I wonder if deep down inside she realizes she isn’t).

For clarity/honesty’s sake: I was diagnosed with Asperger’s some 20 years back

I am also diagnosed with Asperger’s, and I know at least a few other commenters here are as well.

Paireon
Paireon

nobody actually thinks AT is a Marxist, other than herself

Yeah, I gathered; which was why I put it in quotation marks. Sad, really. Makes you think she does this mainly so she can lie to herself and others (“But… but… I’m a good person! I’m a lefty and everything! Why are you mean to me!? You must be bad then!” or something to that effect) about where she stands.

And yay! I’m not alone! /jk

Makroth
Makroth

@Naglfar

Do you have a bigger resolution picture of supply side Jesus?

I can barely see anything in the one you posted.

@Makroth
Here’s another go:comment image
If that doesn’t work in higher resolution, you can see the whole comic here.

Kevin
Kevin
10 months ago

If anyone is worried about needing to plug in a vibrator, might I introduce Mr Fusspot’s wonderful toy? Clockwork doesn’t need plugging in…

I’ll let myself out.