alt-right anti-Semitism concern trolls entitled babies literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny racism reddit

MGTOW Redditors plan to join a racist “It’s Okay to be White” postering campaign on Halloween

The MGTOW subreddit is ready for Halloween

By David Futrelle

Racist trolls are planning a Halloween version of the “It’s Okay to be White” poster campaign that garnered them a good deal of press — as well as support from the likes of David Duke, the Daily Stormer, and Tucker Carlson — when it was originally launched back in 2017.

One of the places they’re looking for recruits just happens to be the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit, where a post championing the postering campaign has garnered more than 300 upvotes and spurred a heated, if somewhat lopsided, debate. “There is a war on men in the West,” wrote MyBordersMyChoice.

White men are considered to be the worst kind. That’s why “It’s Okay To Be White” posters will be going up this Halloween … in public spaces around the world. All are welcome to join and help undermine this anti-white, anti-male ideology. Who’s in?

Apparently more than a few MGTOW Redditors.

Some argued that the postering campaign is necessary because SJW “bigotry” against white males might cause them to become racist.

“Good,” a commenter called TigPlaze wrote of the postering plan.

I used to think there was no need for that, and some years back there wasn’t. There is a need for it now. Some bigots, especially feminist ones, think there’s something wrong or evil with being a white male. They think flipping bigotry around is a great way to get rid of bigotry, but they’re only exchanging one type for another. Or maybe not. The hate against while males might encourage white men to feel anger toward others and even cause more bigotry.

Another commenter added that “Straight white christian men are the most oppressed group on earth.”

Still others suggested the campaign wasn’t about racist but “pride.”

“For decades now they have been telling us that whites are the only group not allowed to be proud of their heritage or be proud of their race,” wrote someone called Jarin01. “It’s time to stop bowing to people that hate us and start working together for our own best interests.”

And then there were those who didn’t bother with the concern trolling or careful euphemisms, instead letting their racist freak flags fly. One commenter suggested potential posterers skip the “It’s Okay to be White” posters and simply post propaganda from Atomwaffen instead, because, in his view, the racist terrorist group, whose members are already responsible for five murders, is “the only ideologically consistent pro white group that exists.”

More than a few commenters issued vague but threatening “warnings” to SJWs supposedly defaming white men and whites in general. “Push a man into a corner with nowhere to go but forward and see what happens,” warned someone called datdbui6.

Several commenters suggests that “what might happen” is that whites could launch a new Holocaust and unleash global devastation. “Don’t piss off white people,” wrote RedCBR900.

They’re weak and stupid until they aren’t anymore, and no one on the planet can dish as much at them.Beware.

0signal0 made the threat more explicit:

Friendly reminder that when whites chimp out, world wars happen.

The last time a white nation said “we’ve had enough”, Europe got destroyed.

Yes, these guys are identifying with the Nazis in their imagined scenarios.

There were, of course, some who were troubled — if not horrified — by the poster campain, and the discussion itself. “This isn’t mgtow related content this is way to political,” complained one.

Meanwhile, a former subreddit regular called zUltimateRedditor lamented that the subreddit had become “a white supremacist shithole. So glad I left.”

MGTOWs and white supremacists have skirmished over the years, with some of the latter even suggesting that the MGTOW movement is a Jewish plot to destroy white marriage and lower white birthrates.

But the two groups have largely set aside their differences on the white baby issue to come together over their shared hatreds —though some MGTOWs are loath to acknowledge it. If the subreddit’s mostly warm embrace of this racist postering campaign is any indication, the Venn Diagram of MGTOWs and white supremacists may ultimately come to resemble a single circle.

If you see any of these posters up in your area, please document them. And then maybe do this.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

1 year ago

SJW “bigotry” against white males might cause them to become racist.

Ah. The old “we weren’t Nazis ‘til you called us Nazis” routine. Yeah, that’s not how it works. Not a single word of that statement is correct.

Wonder if we’ll get any trolls defending this.

Snowberry
Snowberry
1 year ago

@Naglfar: “You made me aware I was being a terrible person, so I had no choice but to become worse” doesn’t say good things about their personal agency. It’s an unaware self-own.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I keep reading this as “pestering campaign” and sounds about right for MGTOWs.

@Snowberry

It’s an unaware self-own.

I think most of what the manosphere says is self-owning. I mean, they’re always talking about how men aren’t responsible for their actions and can’t control themselves, which seems like a pretty huge self-own.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Speaking of self-owns:

Friendly reminder that when whites chimp out, world wars happen.

Sounds like a strong argument for gun control and for barring white people from holding high office.

P.S. That self-shredding painting meme. Who started it again? Was it Warhol or Banksy? I only ask because I heard somewhere recently that there was an attempted assassination of Warhol by a TERF terrorist some time back, which would weirdly bring things sort of full circle…

Mrs. Obed Marsh
Mrs. Obed Marsh
1 year ago

Stay safe when you’re taking down posters! There have been several cases of white nationalist posters with razor blades hidden behind them, so whoever tries to rip them down will cut their fingers. Use your keys to take down posters instead.

Mrs. Obed Marsh
Mrs. Obed Marsh
1 year ago

Oh, and you can also pour water on posters, or cover them up with your own. Again, stay safe!

Weasel-Rah
Weasel-Rah

@Surplus To Requirements

The self shredding poster is Banksy.
You’re thinking of the Valerie Solanis/Warhol attack.

rv97
rv97
1 year ago

“Straight white christian men are the most oppressed group on earth.”

I call bullshit. The white race are beaten only in population – they’re otherwise far from oppressed for the most part, with many of them in better living conditions on average around the world.

Plus, anyone who’s heterosexual and/or religious (or of the dominant religion, but I think especially the former in many situations) in most parts of the world are given more lee-fucking-way than their non-straight non-religious counterparts.

Regardless of which religion is the most oppressed, social conservatism, with a few exceptions, runs rabid like a disease around the world, south and east of Austria. Unfortunately, it’s strongly backed up by the people who happen to be mostly religious and/or conservative. Social conservatism is responsible for countless murders, death threats and other trauma against people who are effectively non-instigators.

@Mrs. Obed Marsh
Thanks for the heads up re: posters.
In general, I prefer to deface posters with new posters or simply painting/writing over.

griffon8
griffon8
1 year ago

That’s because there is no such thing as white heritage. Whiteness is defined by what it isn’t, not what it is. There is Italian heritage, Greek heritage, Irish heritage, English heritage, German heritage, but no white heritage.

Bina

MyBordersMyChoice

Oh, fuck RIGHT off. They’re not your borders, and you alone don’t get to say what happens there.

As usual, you’re just pissed that you don’t get to police and oppress others for daring to have autonomy around you.

TacticalProgressive
TacticalProgressive

MyBordersMyChoice

Oh look; they are stealing and warping left wing rhetoric again while also being the same chodes that strip rights from women and espouse Misogynist nonsense against women and ridicule women for daring to express the desire to have agency for their bodies and refusing to be incubators of the state like they want women to be.

At this point; nothing here’s guys do surprises me; but it bores and annoys me to no end.

impudentinfidel
impudentinfidel
1 year ago

griffon8 In White Supremacist English “white” means “Anglo-Saxon”. Some of them will grudgingly include Germans, as long as they don’t act German.

They used to just say it outright, but these days they keep it a bit more subtext to not scare off the useful idiots.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles
1 year ago

Oh yes the “feminists are the real bigots line.” Guess when the nazis came in the “feminazi” term got phased out.

CarrieV
CarrieV
1 year ago

Apparently the subreddit’s pervasive misogyny is fine but the racism crosses the line.”

Having read many MGTOW posts by non-white men, I understand how they dislike knowing how being hated feels. Of course I only understand it because I’m a woman… a woman reading posts from MGTOWs.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent, Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent, Bard of the New Movement
1 year ago

And on the holiest of days…Shame!

I certainly do hope they don’t crop up on campus, but if they do…well, I do currently have a can of spray paint. I’m no Jet Set Radio character, but I’m sure I can do an X well enough…or an “ew”.

Lumipuna
Lumipuna
1 year ago

So, how’s this apropos for Halloween specifically?

galanx
galanx
1 year ago

“Friendly reminder that when whites chimp out, world wars happen.”
Which kill vast numbers of…other white people.

“The last time a white nation said “we’ve had enough”, Europe got destroyed.”
Europe is full of white people, yes? He seems to saying ‘if you get us mad… we’ll destroy each other’.

“It’s not wise to piss off people who exhibit both a high IQ and organization talent.”
Or they’ll go to war against other (mostly) white nations and… get flattened.

Kevin
Kevin

@ Lumipuna

Perhaps the scary white sheet costumes have something to do with it?

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

On Halloween? A date which most people see as a sort of festival of scary nonsense?

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

“Good,” a commenter called TigPlaze wrote of the postering plan.

Of course. After circumstances changed (women won the vote, black people won the ability to actually exercise their right to vote), you changed your mind.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
1 year ago

It’s not the “being” of white,
It’s the ACTING LIKE IT.

Im’a leave it at this, hope it makes sense.

Katamount
1 year ago

This is a long way to go to justify lazy ghost costumes.

In other terrible person news, the Toronto Public Library thought it was a good idea to host prominent TERF Meghan Murphy to push bog-standard TERF talking points about how transwomen are men and all that dreck. Thankfully, the community was not having any of that shit and showed up in at least hundreds to demonstrate solidarity.

Naturally, the usual newspaper grease-stains are concern-trolling about “freedom of speech” because a public institution is involved. Rosie DiManno was particularly odious, coming close to saying “virtue-signalling”, but opted for “virtue-basking” instead.

What amazes me is that every op-ed dipshit defending the Library’s choice in the matter either had no interest in really understanding the point of view of trans individuals, nor took their arguments to its logical conclusions. I mean, if TERFs are fine, why not scientific racists? Since the Library isn’t hosting forums on skull shapes, I can only assume it maintains some selection with respect to what it does and does not hold as events. So why don’t I see Rosie DiManno writing breathless articles about how the Toronto Public Library must host the local Charles Murray contingent? It’s not like Toronto’s devoid of them.

Nah, it’s just that trans folks are just the ones without the social clout to render the opinions of the Meghan Murphys of the world beyond the pale. They’re the ones its still “””safe””” to kick. Give it a generation and it will be beyond the pale, and we’ll be looking back at archived columns from 2019 as the backwards bigot defenders of their moment, like the anti-gay columnists of the 1940s or the anti-Ukranians of WWI. Until then, still gotta deal with these tools.

@Katamount
Meghan Murphy is awful. She also claims that TERF is a slur and that calling her one is hate speech. My response as usual to anyone who says that is “So, is Nazi a slur?” I have a feeling many TERFs would think it is, seeing how much they sympathize with white nationalists.

Virtue-basking, huh? Haven’t heard that one before. Regardless, I’m pretty sure I know what it means, and it doesn’t make any sense.

I’ve heard TERFs discuss bone structure as a talking point before (usually something about how trans* women who don’t get facial feminization surgery have pronounced supraorbital ridges and they try to ascribe meaning to this), so it wouldn’t surprise me if they tried to bring in phrenology. Nothing good comes from obsessing over bone structure.

I’m sure that if the library did host a phrenology event, someone (maybe DiManno) would leap to defend it. It just hasn’t happened yet.

Of course, I wonder how fast she’d leap to write an op ed against members of a left wing organization or movement speaking at the library.

At this point, I think it’s very clear what side of history the TERFs will be on. Sadly, I don’t think they’ll go away entirely, seeing as racists and homophobes are still around and even rather prominent. However, I do hope that in the future they’ll be much less powerful and will be seen as retrograde and idiotic. I think we’ll see them much the way we see segregationists: deluded reactionary people who were hateful, and fought for hateful policies.

(Continued)
I read that article and am fuming. The basic gist of Meghan Murphy seems to be “I’m not transphobic, I just don’t recognize trans* people.” Reminds me of the manosphere classic “I don’t hate women, I just think they’re not equal to men.”
I’m not very familiar with DiManno, but she seems odious. She seems extremely transphobic herself and seems to think trans* folks are a punchline.

Katamount

@Naglfar

Rosie DiManno is The Toronto Star’s token contrarian. If there’s a hot button topic, she’s there to write something obnoxious for clicks. When she’s not writing on sports (seriously). I’ve come to anticipate her bullshit at this point.

lkeke35
lkeke35
1 year ago

So I was watching the HBO show Watchmen, and there’s a reference to the Tulsa Oklahoma Race riots which a lot of people don’t know about, as evidenced by the fact that that was a high Google search the next day. Anyway, doing that research, will inevitably, lead a person down the path to other atrocities that were committed in the name of Whiteness, some of which are absolutely stomach churning in nastiness, and sheer viciousness!

The irony of a bunch of White men complaining that people see their race as bad, is not just precious, but kind of incredible. I mean Wow!
You know, every February, there’s a call by certain, deeply ignorant, White people, to have a White History Month, and I am now a firm proponent of the idea.

We absolutely should teach White History every March or April, (the information received would be so stomach churningly awful, there would probably be immediate calls for a repeal).

At any rate, I figured out that these were not in fact Race riots, as that implies that both parties contributed to the chaos. In every instance of these “riots” Black people were minding their own damn business very well, before they were set upon by angry mobs of White men and women, lynched, and brutalized. These were usually Race Massacres. So when I hear some yahoo on the internet, whining about starting a race war, what I actually hear is, they want to ambush, and then massacre any groups of people, they happen not to like. Kind of like the various mass shootings we’ve been seeing in the past years.

@Ikeke35

A shocking number of people are now pushing back against teaching slavery. I imagine the conservative news hosts would explode if this were to be taught.

The other day I got into an argument with some idiot who wanted to claim that white men collectively (and therefore he, by extension) can take credit for all kinds of inventions. After trying to explain that not everything was invented by white men and getting incoherent arguments back I said that he could take credit for lightbulbs (that was his example) if he also took credit for the Holocaust, the Holodomor, every fatality in WWI and WWII, and all the deaths in the Belgian Congo. That shut him up for a bit.

Moon Custafer

@Naglfar:

Critics of the head of TPL have pointed out that there was a similar (in some ways) case a few years back in which they permitted neo-nazis to hold an event at a library branch on the pretext that it was a memorial for the free-speech-absolutist lawyer who’d defended Ernst Zundel back in the day, and totally not a nazi rally.

(Semi-related—I did see a historical reenactor play a phrenologist at an event twenty years ago. In retrospect I hope no one took it seriously. At the time there seemed no danger anyone would. How naïve I was.)

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Ikeke35

I have a similar take on conservative apathy towards mass shootings. Not sure if I’m just stating the obvious or reaching, but they vast majority of them seem to want them to happen, given that the victims are usually people outside of their voting block.

It would certainly explain the disingenuous bullshit reasons they keep on spouting, despite how verifiably false they are. They way they see it, they are not the ones dying and each death is one less vote for the democracts, and one less person for them to contend with.

@Diego Duarte

That seems to be a big part of it. As is, they see the shootings (and other bigoted murders and assaults) as a way to maintain white supremacy. Fear and attacks is a strong way to keep power over a group.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

That being said, I think it would be giving them too much credit to say they want the mass shooting to continue. It’s less conscious than that ; they don’t care about the victims so can’t be arsed to move even a tiny inch, and that perpetuate the system.

In some way, it’s the worse way of evil, because it’s impossible to make them realise what they do, or discuss why they do it.

Jackson Ayres
Jackson Ayres
1 year ago

So much for anybody who didn’t think MGTOWs aren’t part of the Alt-right.

Talonknife
Talonknife
1 year ago

This especially bothers me because there’s a theory in the CJ field called “labeling theory” – the idea is essentially that if you label someone a convict/criminal, people will treat them that way and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. It’s a very valuable tool in the field, but lately this whole “You called me a Nazi so I became one” thing has been feeling like someone heard about labeling theory and completely misunderstood what it actually means.

numerobis
numerobis
1 year ago

weirwoodtreehugger: and I keep reading it as a “posturing” campaign.

Regardless it’s silly. And hateful.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Naglfar, Diego Duarte, Ikeke35:
People have pointed out in the past that the NRA very much approved of gun control back when it was the Black Panthers talking about arming themselves.

vaiyt
vaiyt
1 year ago

I mean, he’s technically not wrong…

Moon Custafer

@ Talonknife

I’d say that in a nutshell, it’s another case of the difference being one of systematic oppression vs. individual incident, i.e. if someone can’t get a job because every potential employer does a background check, sees a conviction, and turns them away, then there’s an effective pressure for them to return to crime (and likely to harder crime if their original conviction was actually for something like marijuana possession), just in order to survive.

Contrast this with someone not facing any kind of systematic bias who tries to argue that, now that people are criticizing something they said or did as racist, they now have no choice but to align themselves with the acknowledged racists.

ColeYote
ColeYote
1 year ago

Oh, well, guess I don’t have to worry about pissing off white supremacists and MRAs, then.