empathy deficit entitled babies men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reactionary bullshit red pill reddit

The Red Pill is hiring!

By David Futrelle

Great news, ladies! The Red Pill subreddit is hiring … wives.

In a recent post on the subreddit, someone calling himself, ahem, afterthe_fapocalypse argued that when it comes to finding a wife, men should “look for an employee not a partner” because, you know, equality is simply out of the question.

“Having my shit together,” he writes,

no woman can be a partner to me. None. They just aren’t built like that. And as the relationship manager then, my role is not to look for a partnership but to hire an employee. A high-level one, but someone who will work for me and develop the next generation of employees (children) growing up. That will be her project. Mine is ensuring that the whole system (family) functions.

What a romantic!

If this dude, god forbid, ever gets married I hope his soon-to-be-ex-wife cites this post of his in her divorce filing.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier
1 year ago

Misandry isn’t a real thing any more than racism against white people.

Arguably, the general cultural standards of masculinity are themselves misandric, given how they force men to behave in ways that are counter-productive, or alternatively, castigate them for manning wrong.

Of course, blaming that on feminism is, hmm… let’s call it “creative”. That sounds nicer than “complete bollocks”.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Lukas Xavier

Fair point. Maybe I shouldn’t have said it isn’t real. What I meant was that misandry is not something created by feminists, and that the sort of discrimination against men and the supposed female privilege that MRAs like to allege is not real.

Lawrence
Lawrence

@Viscaria.

“……. you will still need to explain how divorce is at all comparable to rape, …..”

Geez. You are missing the point entirely. You’re conflating divorce with sexual rape. This is not the intended meaning. According to many studies women initiate 80% of divorces for trivial reasons such as they’re bored or want to find themselves again or find a better upgrade (kids and their husband be dammed) and then take half of the man’s resources. In most cases the man did nothing except take care of the women. This is a form of financial and emotional rape. Get it?

Women’s solipsism is thick in this place.

Onager
Onager
1 year ago

Anyone checked to see if Mr Fapocalypse is actually Trump fishing for wife #4? It isn’t quite incoherent enough, but everything else fits.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss
1 year ago

Congrats Sarity and Lainy (and their significant others)!

I’m not yet 30, but I did just reach out a hand and knock on the wall a few times.

Now that I’ve “hit the wall”, think the trolls will stay away?

Naglfar
Naglfar

@contrapangloss

Now that I’ve “hit the wall”, think the trolls will stay away?

comment image

Gatecrasher
Gatecrasher
1 year ago

It is better to be alone than in bad company.

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Red Pilled | October 26, 2019 at 10:33 pm
The Wall remains undefeated, remember that. You’ll be lining up for that job.

“You’ll be back! They always come back!”

comment image

I think it’s funny how you assume that one, we’re all straight women, and two, that either all men agree with you and are like you or that you’re somehow so irresistible that we’ll just have to come running for your “alpha” ass when we’re too old or something. We’ll all come a runnin’ when that dreaded “wall” hits us at what, 30? 25? 20?

Y’all keep changing the age for that, but I don’t really care enough to keep up with the patch notes.

A Happy Dude | October 26, 2019 at 10:57 pm

I just want to take a second to marvel at that clearly false username.

It’s funny how an anti-misogyny blog does exactly what they criticize. All I see on this blog is misandry.

If we’re doing “exactly what we criticize”, wouldn’t we be doing misogyny?

We’re not criticizing “misandry”, because that’s a thing that doesn’t exist. Words mean things.

You want a good man, yet you divorce rape your men and take half of their life’s hardwork, cheat on them, and lay false rape accusations against them.

comment image

You spend your youth sleeping around and you expect a good man to marry your used up ass (read: expired sperm receptacle) when you sense the wall approaching. I wonder why you’re surprised/angry that these men are getting fed up of this nonsense.

comment image

Soon, all of you will be lonely and frustrated in your thirties, eating cat food and asking yourselves vehemently “where have all the good men gone?”

comment image

Masse_Mysteria
Masse_Mysteria

@Lawrence

Geez. You are missing the point entirely. You’re conflating divorce with sexual rape. … This is a form of financial and emotional rape. Get it?

So if you use a word in a metaphorical sense, it’s never your fault if people take you at your word?

Maybe I should start a business and tell my employees I’ll be paying them with money. Those solipsists would probably think I’d pay them with financial money, even though I clearly meant I’d pay them with emotional money, as in the good vibes I’ll be projecting all around since I’m happy with their labour.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Well it might just be me but not being in love anymore is a pretty good reason to get a divorce. You’ll just make each other miserable if you don’t love them anymore. The two things your relationship should be built on is love and trust, and if those two things fail it’s probably best to throw the relationship away and start a new for both of you.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Lawrence

then take half of the man’s resources

That certainly not the case in England in Wales. For legal geeks; this is the key case on that.

In essence; the courts do the same sort of forensic accounting exercise as in dissolution of a company. They assess who brought what to the partnership and allocate the proceeds based the respective injection of capital and sweat equity.

a presumption of equal division would go beyond the permissible bounds of interpretation of section 25

It is largely for this reason that I do not accept Mr Turner’s invitation to enunciate a principle that in every case the ‘starting point’ in relation to a division of the assets of the husband and wife should be equality. He sought to draw a distinction between a presumption and a starting point. But a starting point principle of general application would carry a risk that in practice it would be treated as a legal presumption, with formal consequences regarding the burden of proof.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Lawrence

[citation needed]

If you use the word “rape” people will think you are talking about sexual rape because that is what the word means. Words mean things. I swear, “words mean things” could be a subtitle to this blog we say it so often. I’m not the one conflating rape with divorce. You and your misogynist friends are.

@Masse_Mysteria

Well, it still sounds like a better employment situation than Mr. Red Pill is offering here.

epronovost
epronovost
1 year ago

I love how the guy in the OP seem to think women don’t have jobs and thus absolutely cannot live on as celibate despite the fact, probably every single women he has ever met has or had a job. I also love how this guy metaphore crumbles on him the moment one assumes other men are like him. Should we assume his stupid premise and that, as a man, he should “hire an employee-wife” and other men do the same, it’s logical to assume that women, much like real life employees, will flock toward the man offering the best conditions which would be of course operating as an equal partner or even as managerial leader with the man as the “employee”. His offer being poor, in such a system, would result in him getting the “leftovers” of other more generous and competitive men, “damaged goods”, “shitty employees that were fired multiple times”, if anything at all.

Again, the guy in the OP and the later comment of Happy Dude are, to me, yet another eloquant proof that the manosphere world is filled with projection. Everything they say about women actually describe them more then it describes women’s behavior and beliefs. Young “Pick-up Artists” are trying to ride “the cock caroussel” by trying to have sex with has many of the “Alpha girls” they can find (AKA popular girls, “prom-queen” type girls, girls who look like models, girls who like to party, have a lot friends, are very confident and are frequently from well-off families). Once they get older or those who fail to many time, they leave this arena, stop being “Pick-up Artists” and become more traditionnal MRA (or Incels for those who were unsuccessful in the previous stage); guys who will bemoan the fact that they can’t find themselves a nice conservative/regular/nice girl (AKA what they would have called derisively a few years earlier a beta-girl, a psychic vampire or a consolation prize) to be their wife and take care of them. If they find one, they enter the domain of the Patriach, paranoid about the idea of being cheated on all the while they vastly ignore the emotional needs of their partner and start fantasmic about the now much younger girls they used to pick-up when they were young and start to want to restrict women sexuality as much as possible all the while making excuses for himself to have the ability to “look and taste the other course on the menu”. Finally, if they get divorce, they will complain about loosing money all the while, in the vast majority of instence, women are those who suffer the most from divorce and by a significant degree. At each stage, everything that disgust and infuriates these men about women are characteristics they display more often then women themselves. Misogynists are self-hating loosers who, instead of finding actual ways to heal and improve, project their hatred unto others. I don’t have as much experience with racists, but I would bet it’s the same thing for them.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
1 year ago

It’s basically rape when someone forcibly quits being together with you.

(/sarcasm)

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent, Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent, Bard of the New Movement

@Lawrence

Dude, using ‘rape’ in reference to a financial concept while at the same time disparaging women does NOT reflect well on the user. That’s disgusting, and we know you know it.

Also, you do realize that in most cases, neither partner is simply ‘taking care’ of the other? Most people have to work under the current capitalist system, whether they’re male, female, or nonbinary (to you: ‘one of those newfangled Tumblr genders’ probably, also hi! i’m genderqueer). So most couples have both aspects working. You implying otherwise, for now or for most of history, is immensely dishonest.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia
1 year ago

I think “hardwork” is like work, only when you think about it instead of actually doing it.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

No, sweetie. You did that. We’re just responding to it.

And you did it again.

Now, as far as I know, it’s accurate the a significant majority of the time, the woman does the filing for divorce. That does not, however mean that the decision to divorce wasn’t mutual. It means that the woman did the paperwork. The “trivial reasons” you listed seem to be pulled from your ass though. Do you have a source for this?

Also, is it “divorce rape” if someone files for divorce from a spouse who is the same gender. Just curious.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Also thank you everyone for the Congratulations. I really appreciate it. It’s been a wonderful lazy Sunday of resting after the big day. Opening cards and some gifts, taking long naps, eating left over cake, Lazy making love. If I didn’t know any better I would say that I died and this my heavenly afterlife. So far I like marriage life so far lol.

misophistry
misophistry
1 year ago

To all of the Redpill folks here I’d just like to say I’m married already and my husband thinks you are a bunch of sad wankers.
Hah, in your face, suck it. Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

epronovost
epronovost

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

From what I’ve read on the subject (it’s not very scientific) 70% of the divorces are filled by women, most of them are initiated pretty much mutually, but women are more often the one’s who first suggested to end the relationship in the first place following problem. The most common reason for divorce are, in order, infidelity, money/job problems and lack of communication in the couple. In other words, someone cheated (statistics are fairly equal between cheatin occurences when people are young and as they age, men tend to cheat more often then women though both men and women are more likely to cheat on their partner as they age), a couple has money problems sometimes linked to long spells of unemployments or debts, a couple drifts appart or fails to adress problems that leads the couple to drift appart.

Shadowplay
1 year ago

So far I like marriage life so far lol.

It gets better. MUCH better.

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier
1 year ago

So, women get divorces because they no longer wish to be married.

What’s the problem?

Lainy
Lainy

What’s the problem?

Because these people can’t handle being an adult when their spouse comes to them and says I don’t love you anymore and I’m not happy so I want to end this relationship. They can’t handle that pain like an adult, so they want their wife to be mommy and pretend that everything is alright and keep being their wife despite how miserable she might be. The fact that anyone calls someone reason for leaving a divorce “trivial” to begin with shows their not adult enough to even be in a committed relationship and should never get married until their realize that people are allowed to leave you. It hurts and that’s the chance you must take for falling in love but that’s life.

Integral
Integral
1 year ago

Catfood is freaking expensive, if I ever need to economize I’ll feed my cats people food.

Snowberry
Snowberry
1 year ago

@Lainy: If they’re the type to consider relationship problems trivial, then they’re also the type to end up in a messy divorce… and consider their partner frivolous for doing so.

moregeekthan
moregeekthan
1 year ago

I don’t comment here all that often but did want to send congratulations to both sets of newlyweds.

Paul B Hyson
Paul B Hyson
1 year ago

I believe that mistake criticizing men for “misandry”.

All of them do? Wow, I had no idea. That’s amazing. Especially since few of the women I’ve met have done any of those things.

I also know few women in their thirties, or older, who are lonely and frustrated

and asking yourselves vehemently “where have all the good men gone?”

I must admit though, “where have all the good men gone” does frequently seem like a legitimate question.

Viscaria
Viscaria
1 year ago

Geez. You are missing the point entirely. You’re conflating divorce with sexual rape. This is not the intended meaning… This is a form of financial and emotional rape. Get it?

I would like to thank Lawrence for correcting my very stupid and solipsistic belief that the term “divorce rape” compares divorce to rape, when obviously what’s actually happening is the term “divorce rape” compares divorce to rape. I am much chastened.

Congratulations and best wishes, Lainy and Sarity!

Mrs Obed Marsh
Mrs Obed Marsh
1 year ago

Congrats for the newlyweds!

Sister Kathleen Dear
Sister Kathleen Dear
1 year ago

Lainy, best wishes to you both. I’ve been reading for a while and I’m happy for y’all.

/relurk

occasional reader
occasional reader
1 year ago

Congratulations to the new married ! Long life and prosperity (and far from the trolls) !

Sheila Crosby

Congratulations to Lainy & Sarity
comment image

I’m 57, so the wall has faded into the blue horizon behind me. Not lonely, not skint, not divorced, not eating car food. Pretty happy on the whole.

Even if I were lonely and skint to the point of eating cat food, I still wouldn’t marry one of these guys.

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow
1 year ago

This is a form of financial and emotional rape.

Yeah, that would be (what feels like) theft, and heartbreak, not rape.

I’ve yet to see a single self-proclaimed MRA doing something concrete to help men. No DV shelters, no marches for men’s health, no helping traumatized and wounded vets, nada. It’s more fun to blame feeeeemales than to do some actual work. Assboats.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Naglfar

One of the reasons I don’t have a twitter account is that half of my tweets would amount to “words mean things.”

One instance that never fails to send me into a frothing rage is whenever I am reminded that there exists a sportsball team named “The Celtics.”

That is not a word! “Celtic” as a noun refers to a language family. When referring to a group of people, it is an adjective, e.g. “the Celtic peoples.” The noun for that group of people is “The Celts.”

This is BASIC GRAMMAR.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

Well, I’m late to the party as usual!

Congrats, lainy and sarity!

Also, trolls, on the “divorce rape” thing…

The way the word rape is being used in this sense is what linguists call “metaphorical extension”, meaning someone took the original meaning of a word and broadened it to include things they think are similar, but maybe not exactly the same.

So, Lawrence, when you say divorce rape, YOU are the ones doing the conflating, not us.

Fucking projection.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte
1 year ago

Congrats Lainy & Sarity! Hope the four of you find the happiness you deserve!

@Lawrence on “Divorce rape”

My parents got a divorce when I was barely a teen. I also volunteered at a pro bono law firm for low income people, while I was still in law school. Over 90% of the cases we handled were divorce and alimony. So it is not without prior knowledge that I say that, not only has every single divorce I’ve seen been justified because of:

– Cheating
– Abuse
– Abandonment
– Neglect
– A combination of all of the above

but also, the vast majority of the time we were barely able to secure alimony, because deadbeat dads will go through unimaginable lengths to deny their children of sustenance, if it means getting back at their ex-wives.

In contrast, my brother-in-law took his ex-wife to court and not only did he win custody of both the kids, the judge also ordered her to pay child support.

So your bullshit doesn’t hold up to any sort of scrutiny.

Also

“This guy’s a gangster? His real name’s Lawrence
And Lawrence lives at home with both parents
And Lawrence parents have a real good marriage
This guy don’t wanna battle, he’s shook
‘Cause ain’t no such things as halfway crooks”

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Allandrel

I live in Massachusetts. All my friends root for the Celtics and expect me to do the same (I don’t because I don’t have any interest in sports). It is pretty infuriating.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga
1 year ago

Is it just me, or does it seem like all the trolls lately have just been phoning it in, even for a drive-by?

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Gaebolga

I think most of them were attracted by criticism of the Lobster Prophet. You really can’t say shit about Jordan Peterson without his stans showing up and sea lioning you hard over how he didn’t say what you heard him say, or how you need to watch all his videos and read all his works to understand the context.

Only to realize his statements are actually far worse when you do understand them in context, because of the recurring pattern of misogyny.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

Well, Andrew Anglin has hopefully incurred their wrath now because he just called Beef Lobster a “goy schill” and claimed he was part of the whole Jewish conspiracy bullshit.

I hope the whole alt-right movement just collapses because it doesn’t seem like a lot of the members can get along.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Diego Duarte:
I don’t think the misogyny is the primary point. It’s all aggrieved entitlement and ‘how dare you exist in my presence in a way that denies my worldview!’

That worldview is inherently misogynistic, yes. And heteronormative and a number of other things soaking in our society. But in the end for him it’s really about the horror that people he doesn’t think should exist are actually asking for respect, and he can’t get away with casually pretending they don’t exist anymore.

His rise to fame was after throwing a fit that he might have to use a trans person’s preferred pronouns, after all, because not doing so for students could cause complaints about him.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Yutolia

I’ve been hoping for that very thing for the past 4 years. Every once in a while, one of these things occurs and I hope it’s the end of the alt right. It’s a long shot, but the more infighting that occurs, the weaker they get. Right now Peterson carries more weight than Anglin, so my guess is that the fascists will rally around him. But maybe this will chip away at both of them, and they’ll fall. I can dream.

@Jenora Feuer

Maybe it isn’t the primary point, but I think it’s one of the biggest components of his view. This is a man who sees women as objects to be given away in an ‘enforced monogamy’ (read: sexual slavery) scheme. The misogyny is inseparable from the rest of his view.

Skye
Skye
1 year ago

Late to the party, but I also want to offer best wishes to Lainy and Sarity and their respective spouses. Congratulations!

epitome of incomprehensibility

Hey, congratulations to @Lainy & @Sarity on your weddings!! Wishing you happy times ahead!

As for frustration, loneliness and eating cat food: I score 2/3.
To elaborate:

Frustrated? You bet. Mostly by my lack of organizational skills. (Even if sexual frustration was implied, it wasn’t specified, so I can count this.)

Lonely? Frequently. Although sometimes I get tired of being around people, so it balances out.

Oooh! If you count ever having eaten salmon, a food that the cat I used to cat-sit for LOVED, I also get the 3rd one.

Yay! 3/3 I win!! Thanks for the lovely and delightful game. 😁

Tovius
1 year ago

Congrats on the weddings, Lainy and Sarity!

Rhuu - apparently an illiterari
Rhuu - apparently an illiterari
1 year ago

Super late to the congrats party, but congrats to @Lainy and @Sarity!!

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Thank you everyone for all the kind words.

Sarity
Sarity

Thank you kindly, everyone ❤ We couldn’t be happier

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

@Naglfar: oh, me too. And I know it’s a long shot,

It’s just sometimes I dare to dream…

GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
GrumpyOld SocialJusticeMangina
1 year ago

Today is my 36th wedding anniversary. As someone who had to go through a divorce, I know it’s relatively easy to get married but harder to make it work. So my wish for Lainy and Sarity is that they be even happier 36 years from now than they are today.