baby men men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW MGTOW cooking misogyny reddit

MGTOWs and cooking go together like unidentifiable glop on rice

Don’t kiss THIS cook

By David Futrelle

Men Going Their Own Way are determined to let the world know that they really can go their own way — and that they neither need nor desire some dumb taks to take care of the basic tasks of life like, you know, cleaning, or preparing food for themselves.

They seem particularly invested in proving that they can cook at least as well as any dumb broad. And so from time to time they post recipes online — sometimes with pictures of the end results.

And while we may never get to see photos of the charred remains of chicken cooked the A Voice for Men way, or this slightly meat-heavy MGTOW pasta salad, the fellows on the MGTOW subreddit have been posting quite a few photos of their culinary creations and, well, I don’t exactly know how any of these taste, but let’s just say these fellas could work a little harder on the presentation.

Here in all its glory is what I can only call unidentified beige sauce on rice:

Here, allegedly, is a meatloaf:

Apparently the things on the left in this one are chicken breasts, enough for a whole week of identical meals. Or perhaps he’s starting a cult in his basement.

While the MGTOWs sometimes get adventurous and try things like Beef Wellington, most of the meals are either badly-cooked slabs of meat or some sort of glop on rice or pasta.

Other “recipes” barely count as cooking at all, except in the minimal sense of heating something up so you can eat it without dying of food poisoning. Here’s one fellow’s inspired BBQ feast:

This dude decided it was worth posting a picture of some sausage and fried eggs that he had miraculously been able to cook all on his own like a big boy.

I mean, yes, I’d eat that, but come on, dude, cooking eggs in sausage fat is really only a step or two above “making toast” as a culinary accomplishment.

Speaking of which, here’s one man’s, er, unique take on garlic toast.

Even some of the other MGTOWs were underwhelmed by this one. “Not trying to be rude bro,” one wrote, “but its bread with cheese melted on it.”

I know you all would be eager to chow down on any of these delicious-looking meals, but remember to save room for dessert!

“Made my first cake today,” the MGTOW who posted it wrote proudly. “Invest in yourself gentleman.”

Way to show the ladies just who’s the real chef around here!

Actually, I take that back. The real king of the kitchen isn’t a MGTOW or a lady. It’s this dude:

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Yutolia the aliases-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the aliases-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

My mom actually would have been a great resource for these guys, actually, except they’ll never get that because she’s a woman, so BAD!!

She used to be what she called a “natural chef”, because at the time she started there was much more of a distinction between “health food” and just plain “food”. But instead of working in a restaurant, she went around to people’s houses and taught them how to shop for and make food that’s good for them and tastes good at the same time.

There never would have been any hotdogs in a stand mixer. 😹😹😹

Otrame
Otrame
1 year ago

My ex was a One Great Dish guy that I not only cleaned up after but also occasionally helped prep. It was worth it. Best Lasagna Ever.

But he certainly didn’t have the “cooking is women’s work“ attitude, nor the “I’m a much better cook than you but I’m too busy doing Real Work” thing I’ve seen in some men. I mean he had other faults (and so do I), but he wasn’t that kind of asshole. And he made GREAT lasagna.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m here to say that there is just no way to make meatloaf look or smell appealing.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
1 year ago

@Cat Mara: Ugh, I saw that headline (offered on the Google stories thingy) and didn’t even bother clicking it. Hate stories like that, in a similar vein to how I hate “You’ve been cooking/eating X wrong your whole life!”. No, dude. Just because you prefer something personally doesn’t make the be-all-end-all of food preparation.
And yeah, waffle makers are great (the one I tried out this morning, by the way, was not amazing but perfectly fine, especially considering how inexpensive it was and the fact it has removable plates that can be changed to sandwich-press plates), but no way am I giving up something as useful as an oven. They have different uses for different things.
Same with slow cookers and Instant Pots, by the way. Yeah, they’re great for certain things, but I’m not going to make stirfry in my slow cooker (I’ve seen recipes for that) or bake bread in a pressure cooker or something like that, because that is not their function. If someone else does it and enjoys the result, good for them, but personally I don’t see the point.

@Cat Mara, Penny Psmith
I read the article and I agree with Penny on this one. I own a waffle iron, and I own an oven, and I like having both of them. Fact of the matter is, there are just too many things I like to make that require an oven. I will change my mind when I can roast vegetables, bake challah, and bake potatoes in a waffle iron.
I’m also generally of mixed opinion about those ‘make X using Y’ recipes that suggest making something in an unusual way. Sometimes it’s a good idea (pancake batter chocolate chip muffins are great) but much of the time it makes an inferior version of the dish, like those pressure cooker bread things.

Malitia
Malitia
1 year ago

I can’t cook, but I swear I could cook all of these (it’s just… why would I want to?). On the subject of glop on pasta, I stole a picture from a recipe website showcasing the easiest (laziest) version I know of:
comment image

(The recipe literally is: Cook pasta, put the sour cream and fresh cheese on it. Done!

There are “culinary” WARS over what kind of pasta and/or cheese you should use, how exactly cook the pasta, what else to put on it etc.)

Hambeast
Hambeast
1 year ago

I’ve always been a fan of the one-pot meal. Especially now that I have to do a lot more cooking since Husbeast’s mother moved in with us.

MIL is blind, has issues with hallucinations, and has very bad teeth. So I do a LOT of soup; which has to be pureed (mainly so she can drink it thru a straw), without dairy, and still hearty. My fave is the tomato and red lentil. MIL’s fave is potato leek. She goes to the dentist this Saturday, so fingers crossed! I’m getting tired of doing pasta all the time…

I would love it if someone came up with a vegetarian/vegan chicken stock because I don’t like veg stock with most of my soups. I can get by with roasted garlic, but prefer it in tandem with chicken.

I also have recently discovered Claire Saffitz’ videos. I’ve watched them all now, and that’s saying something! Brad’s “It’s Alive” series is also fun.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

@Hambeast: me too. I have major digestive issues, endometriosis, and am on a medication that really cuts my appetite. So, yeah, a lot of soup!

Cat Mara
Cat Mara
1 year ago

@Penny Psmith, @Naglfar: Pressure cooker bread? Sounds like a stunt to me. Don’t get me wrong, I find a pressure cooker handy for making soups (especially with beans or other pulses; the reduction in cooking time is great) and even risotto (saves you from having to put the stock in a spoon at a time) but bread sounds like a stretch. Though I know that people used to cook bread in a Dutch oven, which would be similar…

Those Instant Pots are like some kind of cult, seriously. I’ve seen some of the forums dedicated to them and it’s scary.

While I could see the merits of using something like a waffle maker to make other stuff– especially if you’ve got a tiny kitchen or are on the road a lot– the things that really annoy me are those super-specialised appliances like doughnut makers, or cupcake makers, or– of all things– cake pop¹ makers! Um, I have a “cupcake maker” already, dude: it’s called an “oven”. Who has space for these things? They’re probably used once, then consigned to a cupboard somewhere when it’s realised just what a nuisance they are to clean…

¹ A spherical piece of cake on a stick, dipped in icing/ frosting. IME, cake pops are something you make when a cake goes badly wrong– overcooked, failed to rise, etc.– and you want to salvage something from the affair. Though my preferred method of disposing of a cake fail is to make gur cake out of it. The idea of actually having a specialised machine just to make cake pops is absurd to me.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Hambeast

I would love it if someone came up with a vegetarian/vegan chicken stock

Don’t know if these are any use to you; but just in case…

(The last one has both veggie and vegan; so you might need to check which one)

@Cat Mara

I haven’t seen the forums, but my rabbi loves hers. Every time I get invited to dinner there is something from the pot.

I like muffin trays, but other than that the specialty molds seem gimmicky. That and they break way too easily.
I like cake pops, but I don’t need a mold. Just make small cakes and put sticks in them.

@Alan Robertshaw
Thanks for the links. I’m a vegetarian who is constantly having to substitute for chicken stock, and this is good to know.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ naglfar

Thanks for the links

You’re very welcome! I’m not just there to be smug and sanctimonious about veganism (although that is about 90% of it)

TB Tabby
TB Tabby
1 year ago

The limit of my culinary accomplishment is adding a can of Campbell’s Chicken & Sausage Gumbo to the pasta sauce. I feel a lot better about my cooking now that I’ve seen the best the MGTOWs can manage, which seem more like the disgusting recipes from past eras Evan Symon would taste-test for Cracked.

Curious_Diversions
Curious_Diversions
1 year ago

Huh. Good job, gentlemen. I guess. You’ve passed this week’s session of Adulting 101. Here are your entirely non-sarcastic head-pats.

(The head-pats are totally sarcastic.)

Re: specialized waffle-maker-like appliances. They’re almost always available at Goodwill or similar donation stores. If you want to try them for a one-use and re-donate, it’s a good solution for sampling a clutter-gadget.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

I am not good at cooking. But I do like to bake and that dude put way to much powder sugar on his cake. Not bad for a first attempt, it’s not burnt, but that’s just gonna be super grainy when you eat it.

My fiancé is pretty good at cooking. Neither of us are good at cooking delicious “healthy” things at all. His main dishes he makes are tamales and fajitas. in his defenses his grandmothers, both the Mexican one, and the Italian one, Tried to teach the girls how to cook but didn’t give much attention to the boys for that.

Aaron
Aaron
1 year ago

I’ve watched that hot dog clip many times. It’s incredibly unnerving and feels like it could be the teaser of some kind of breakout horror film.

kupo
kupo

@WWTH

Challenge accepted. I’ll post a photo next time I make my mini meatloaves.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

Alan:

Ah, flexible veganism.

(sorry)

A lot of my favorite traditional Finnish cuisine is glop on cooked potatoes. I cook a lot of glop myself but I don’t even have the skill to properly make some classic dishes like läskisoosi (bacon in gravy). I once heard there’s a culinary club (like, older wealthy gentlemen) dedicated to that dish.

K.
K.
1 year ago

I’ve been studying up on how to make vegetarian stocks for my husband since he’s become veggie/pescatarian. Found a nice roasted mushroom stock recipe that freezes well and is great for French Onion soup.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady

How I make vegetable stock:

Assorted root veg (carrot, celery root, parsley root, etc.)
Leek
Onion, half
Spices (bay leaves, pepper corns, ginger root, cardamom pods, whatever else you want)

Leave the skin on the onion and trim the roots a bit. Char the cut surface of the onion in a dry pan.

Throw the charred onion, the cleaned veg, and all the spices into a pot of cold water and bring it to a boil.

Let simmer for a few hours.

Strain.

Eat the boiled to death veg if you want.

If you want to make fish stock, just add some fish heads and skeletons. Or small dried fish.

Seafood stock? Dried shrimp and shells.

Mushroom? Fresh roasted and/or dried.

Putting everything in cold water is important.

Moggie
Moggie

@WWTH:

comment image

Moggie
Moggie

@Cat Mara:

Have you read any of Rhik Samadder’s reviews of kitchen gadgets in the Guardian? There’s an amazing variety of devices you’d regret receiving as a gift. For example, the cursed Egg Master.

I’m one of those people with a tiny kitchen, unfortunately. I’d kind of like a rice cooker, but something would have to go.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

I mean, I can’t fathom proudly posting one of my amateur home repair attempts, and then going “HA HA men, no need for you any longer!!”

But I am glad they’re learning to take care of themselves, and that they’ve decided gluey meatloaf is better than starving to death inside their self-imposed gender boundaries.

My cooking is skewed by having two picky 7 year olds who think grilled cheese cut on the diagonal is the height of culinary refinement, but once in a while I’ll cook something more adult when we have people over. This weekend, for our book club, I’m doing roasted sweet potato halves stuffed with black beans and garlic, avocado-spinach, and queso fresco. Dessert will be apple cider whoopie pies.

This thread is making me hungry. Thanks for all the recipes and ideas, everybody!

Nequam
Nequam

@K: That sounds good.
@Cat Mara: I was using spinach so I’m already heretical.

Laserqueen
Laserqueen
1 year ago

Whatever else the instant pot is, it is now my go to for perfectly cooked easy peeling hard boiled eggs. Age of egg irrelevant. My son has cultivated a mac and cheese instant pot recipe, and we are ready for the second adjustment to the pot roast recipe.

Favorite glop on rice? Japanese style curry rice. Brown and gloppy for sure- and simple and delicious. The New Farm Vegetarian cookbook has a vegetarian version that works pretty darn well.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara
1 year ago

@Moggie: I’ve not read that guy before but I have seen that “Egg Master” contraption! There’s a British YouTuber who calls himself “TechMoan” and who mostly reviews old audio/visual technology; but every so often, he does a clip about a kitchen gadget and the “Egg Master” was one of these. It’s really revolting-looking, isn’t it? Like something HR Giger would have had in his kitchen. Matt aka TechMoan has mentioned he lost his sense of taste due to a medical condition some years back– in the case of the “Egg Master”, that can only have been a mercy…

@Moggie
I’ve seen a fair number of those egg cooker things before, and they all seem pretty lousy. It’s easier to just hardboil or fry the eggs, and much better in result. The cheap kitchen gadgets that I’ve had the worst experiences with were specialized cutters, like specialized apple or banana cutting templates. They always break and they’re impossible to line up right. It’s easier to just use a knife.

@BQS

And every minute they spend cooking is a minute they’re not hating women on the internet. Win win!

That sounds amazing. What’s your recipe, if you don’t mind sharing?

Someone should put together a collection of the recipes in this thread and others in one place. It could be called We Cooked the Mammoth.

My favorite glop on rice is chickpea tikka masala (a vegan take on chicken tikka masala).

@Cat Mara
I watched that video. The results were unappetizing.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
1 year ago

@Cat Mara, Icm with you 100% on all fronts there. I ise an Instant Pot when there’s something that would benefit from being pressure-cooked (it’s pretty great to be able to go from dry chickpeas to fully prepared hummus in about two hours!) but for other dishes, nah. Anything short-cooked I prefer to just do on the stove, since between warming-up and cooking and depressuring it doesn’t save that much time, and I prefer ebing able to peek in and taste for doneness. I heard it’s good as a rice cooker but cooking rice is pretty easy anyway. And anything else, like cakes or bread (yes, really! I recently saw a recipe for Instant Pot cornbread and it boggled my mind why anyone would bother), just feels like a gimmick. How could you get a proper browning inside such a moist environment?

(Sort of a disclaimer: I have baked a Christmas pudding in a slow cooker. But that’s not really supposed to be baking anyway, more boiling/steaming, so a slow cooker fits perfectly, and I do recommend it for that type of dish.)

Also, regarding the gadget inspector, that was a magnificent column, and it made me sad to find out he stopped writing it. The Egg Master one will forever make me crack up.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara

@Hambeast:

Yes, the “It’s Alive!” series is very interesting. I got a Korean recipe book a while back, which sparked my interest in fermented foods, though I haven’t gotten around to trying to make my own kimchi or anything yet. I did make kvass once or twice, but I need to build up a supply of rye bread crusts before I can do it again…

(BTW, there are Brad/Claire shippers on Tumblr. It’s all a bit weird, if you ask me)

Cat Mara
Cat Mara
1 year ago

@Naglfar: That’s the one. Who on Earth ever sat down to their breakfast and thought, “eggs are nice and all, but what if a gadget that made them look like a pool noodle?” 🙄

I’d be tempted to buy one for a MGTOW though, if only on the off-chance he might mistake it for a Fleshlight 😂😂😂

varalys the dark
1 year ago

My favourite glop on rice is a huge bowlful of white basmati rice with a can of Tesco own brand hot n’ spicy beans dumped on top. Sometimes if I am feeling fancy I’ll do some fried mushrooms to go with it. It’s delicious, quick, cheap but fairly brown and unappetising looking.

Since going vegan on Jan 1st I’ve really expanded my cooking, can do all sorts of things with tempeh and tofu etc. Got a decent spice collection now and a blender for smoothies, smoothie bowls and homemade hummus. But my rice and beans recipe is my go to for a nutritious dish I can whip up fast when I am feeling sad and not in the mood to do anything more spectacular.

Because of pain medication I take I need to eat A LOT of fibre. I started monitoring my daily intake of food using an app called Cronometer. It’s actually great for seeing if you might be deficient in certain vitamins and minerals, how to balance your macros and yes, how many grams of fibre you’re eating too. I’ve found I tend to need between 50-70g plus a large amount of plain water to keep things running smoothly as it were.

@Cat Mara
This device gets even better. On its Wikipedia page, it says the following:

The appliance excretes tube-shaped cooked eggs.

There are few less appealing verbs when talking about food. Or really anything.
I am not sure why anyone thought this thing was a good idea, but one site describes it as making an “egg lolly.” Maybe that’s a culinary fad somewhere?

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
1 year ago

(Oy, so many typos in my last comment! Something went weird so I didn’t get the edit option.)

I hate to admit it, but I can’t get into the Brad videos. There’s something too enthusiastic about him, like a human labrador, and while labradors are awesome I wouldn’t necessarily trust one as a cooking instructor. Or something. I dunno, something just rubs me the wrong way and I can’t really tell why. :-/
I liked Clara’s verbal instructions videos, at least the few I’ve watched. It’s a neat challenge and she usually handles it really well.
Claire does really interesting stuff but I skip some of her videos because they can be a bit long for me. Also, as somewhat of a Stella Parks fan, it always feels odd, in Claire videos where she makes stuff that I know Stella had already recreated, to see that she doesn’t use or even mention that resource. I mean, I get that she’s trying to make her own version of things, but I’ve seen her look up resources before, and Stella has really done a very thorough job with her recreations, both in terms of hirtorical research and culinary-science research.
(Also, for those not familiar with the Serious Eats videos, any one of those featuring Stella is a joy, and especiallly the ones who feature both her and Sohla. You’re welcome.)

I’m probably just being some kind of weird snob. I like the BA videos alright, just not as much as others seem to.

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

I think my favourite cooking channel is Jun’s kitchen. But I don’t watch him for cooking instruction: I just find the videos really soothing, and he has the best-behaved cats you’ll ever see in a kitchen.

Penny Psmith
Penny Psmith
1 year ago

Also! I just discovered that Rhik Samadder is now doing more gadget reviews, this time in the “wellness” sector:
I’ll be reading that over the next couple of days!

(He also does the Guardian’s Great British Bake Off “as it happens” liveblogging, for those who are into that. I can’t access the show in real time but read this after I’ve watched because he’s hilarious and often just spot-on.)

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Hambeast, Naglfar

McKay’s Chicken Seasoning, which comes in vegan and vegetarian varieties, is quite good according to people who used to be not vegetarian (I think it is tasty, but cannot compare due to life-long vegetarianism). I’ve also heard the same of Better than Bouillon beef varieties Alan recommended, although not the chicken specifically.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
1 year ago

My food adventures outside of sandwiches are pretty basic. Mac and cheese with a can of corn, a can of peas, and a couple of cans of tuna is one. Another is potluck stew, which is made of things from my refrigerator that I need to get rid of. Then the next day, take the stew broth and make rice with it. Nothing major, but its edible.

And to do a 180 on the thread discussion, evidently this is a thing now:

At least it’s different? 😛

@Redsilkphoenix
LOL. Finally, Dungeons and Dragons gets combined with satirical erotica.
To tie this back to another topic, did that game that Chuck was working on with Zoë Quinn ever materialize?

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@Redsilkphoenix:
There was a Kickstarter for a Chunk Tingle video game almost three years back: ‘Kickstarted in the Butt: A Chuck Tingle Digital Adventure’, in collaboration with Zoe Quinn. Goal for the Kickstarter was $69,420.

@Naglfar:
I suspect at least some of the demand for that thing was to do as salad garnishes or the like. In other words, the tube wasn’t the idea, the end result was having lots of identical slices of egg for use as decoration as much as food.

Cleverforagirl
Cleverforagirl
1 year ago

I miss cooking so much, but work finally gave me full time hours. Baking once a week, sourdough bagels, freezer waffles, boules, a sweet, and pizza dough for friday pizza. Roasted or smoked chicken, stock from the carcass, duck confit tucked away for easy meals, salads from the hydroponic garden, mushrooms from the garage.

*sigh* working sucks

@Jenora Feuer

Did they ever make the game?

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
1 year ago

So far, the answer is ‘no’.

The last (Backeroos-only) update contained an insistence that despite previously unforeseen events causing delays, Zoe was still working on the game, and that while it had spiraled larger than originally planned, they had a fair bit of design work done.

Unfortunately, that was a year ago.

(And yes, they used the term ‘backeroo’ instead of ‘backer’.)

kupo
kupo
1 year ago

Yeah, I got the impression that Zoe got overwhelmed. She was also working on her book at the same time as the project. It’s currently vaporware, but I’ve seen games come out of a 5-year vaporware before, so hopefully it makes it through.

An Impish Pepper
An Impish Pepper
1 year ago

I’m sorry for breaking up all the food talk, but I just had some thoughts about an earlier comment from @LollyPop:

Both my brothers are great cooks and do the majority in their relationships, as their other halves do more out-of-home work hours. But then again, most of the women I know out-earn their male partners, 2 financially support their partners far less lucrative but much loved careers, and another has supported her partner for 5 years as he can’t work due to mental health challenges – all scenarios which simply can’t exist in the MGTOW philosophy.

I recall that there was another commenter a while back who described a similar situation of financially supporting her partner so that he could do things he could enjoy instead of being miserable in what seemed to be implied to be a dead-end job. Anyway, I bring this up because I’ve been thinking a lot in the past few years about my own relationship prospects. I’d probably end up in a similar situation if I ended up with someone, because otherwise I’d most likely be looking at much younger people, and while I apparently look much younger than I actually am, the general consensus seems to be that a large earnings / career level imbalance is more workable and less creepy than a large age imbalance. But then the question becomes, what do I actually bring to the table then? Society is always giving contradictory messages about this stuff. Some say you don’t have to meet all the qualifications to apply to a job, but then the job gets filled by more qualified people anyway. Some say that capitalist “productive value”, or the appearance thereof, isn’t what’s important in a relationship, but then others (regardless of political persuasion) go around mocking people for not “having their life together”.

Something that I was told here at the beginning of the year was to have a plan. I’ve tried to have a plan for years. I don’t have one. I’ve been throwing things at the wall and seeing if they stick. I have done some work toward getting a better job, and there are a couple of vaguely promising ones I’ve applied to, but I don’t have a lot of hope as of now. So… I’m not a fan of trying to make friends and relationships just to have someone willing to take me in, but I don’t seem to have very many options.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

The Tingleverse RPG is apparently out now. I’d forgotten there was to be a video game. Maybe this is a replacement for that when the video game proved too ambitious a goal?

ObSidJag
ObSidJag

@kupo (re meatloaf):
With you on this one. I have an old friend (went to high school together,
was in her wedding, etc. ) who makes a killer meatloaf, both in looks & taste. Not sure how well it would photograph, tho.

Would love to see your mini-loaves when you make them next.

Re glob over rice or noodles:
my two childhood favorites were meatballs over rice (essentially canned Chef Boyardee meatballs–does anyone else remember those–) heated & served over white rice (usually Minute Rice) and tuna wiggle: tuna mixed with noodles & either cream of celery or mushroom soup.

Both were pretty much the epitome of comfort food (Armor’s dried, chipped beef in a white sauce on toast, aka SOS was also a Sunday breakfast favorite).

Paradoxical Intention - Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Would it kill any of these fucking dweebs to invest in a godsamn cookbook at least? I know they didn’t learn how to cook from their moms because they were clearly uninterested, but there are cookbooks written by men I’m sure they would find sufficiently soaked in enough salty fragile masculinity to make beef jerky.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants | September 3, 2019 at 7:57 pm
Most of the comments are supportive, but then you get stuff like this:

Delicious, women hate it when men can cook. Because that’s another thing they can’t take from us.

I don’t understand the Highlander THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE approach to household chores.

Most women I know are thrilled, not resentful, when their partners take an interest in cooking and cleaning. Do it together, and it becomes a fun social activity.

Once again, MGTOWs seem to be kind of okay at doing exactly what women want them to do.

Like going away.

Cat Mara | September 4, 2019 at 2:11 pm

You might be interested in Maangchi then! She’s a Korean YouTuber who makes tons of dishes from Korea, including a laundry list of different kimchis!

Z&T
Z&T
1 year ago

Big into cooking here, gotta get some sleep, so will confine these thoughts to meatloaf.

Instead of bread crumbs — oatmeal.

oo

Plenty of recipes online.
Try it, cook it right, (includes eggs also), and you will LOVE IT!

Also, put something under it, pick it up off the grease while it’s baking.
Don’t have the pan for that? Make ‘twists’ of tin foil to set it upon, in the pan. Guy here may have seen this idea, and did it wrong.

For the interested, look up meatloaf with oatmeal.
Lots of great recipes online 🙂

Viscaria
Viscaria
1 year ago

I’m a remarkably bad cook — I remark on it all the time, as it happens — so far be it for me to make fun of MGTOWs for their similar level of culinary expertise. I’m definitely going to make fun of them for their belief that women are only valuable as live-in unpaid chefs/maids, however, as well as the related belief that we should somehow be sad when they deny us the role of surrogate mommy. Oh, you can cook for yourself? You don’t need me to wait on you hand and foot in exchange for nothing other than (I am guessing here) having to listen to your extremely bad opinions all day?? Oh noooooooo