alt-lite alt-right daily stormer empathy deficit entitled babies eugenics incels literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny rape culture rape is good actually

Nazis Going Their Own Way: The Daily Stormer embraces celibacy because women are worse than dogs, apparently

No more women for Nazis!

By David Futrelle

Andrew Anglin of the The Daily Stormer used to give his mostly-male readers Nazi dating tips. (Rule Number 1: Don’t talk too much about Hitler on the first date.)

But Anglin seems to have soured on the fairer sex, and lately he’s been starting to sound like the Nazi version of a MGTOW — a Nazi Going His Own Way. Instead of offering dating tips, he’s offering warnings, urging his followers to always be wary around women lest they STEAL YOUR SOUL.

In an — *ahem* — “humorous” post on the Stormer today, (archived here) Anglin waggishly announces that he’s going to dispel the myth that “women are like dogs.” Because, you see, women are actually WORSE than dogs.

“Women are so far below dogs,” he contends,

that to compare a woman to a dog is an extreme form of white knight cuckoldry. Anyone who has ever been around both a woman and a dog will not make this comparison, so anyone you find comparing a woman to a noble dog you can mark as an absolute virgin.

A woman can be more appropriately compared to an intestinal parasite.

Weird, because that’s what most people who’ve heard of Anglin think of him.

And while Anglin used to encourage his followers to at least enjoy sex with these allegedly filthy creatures, he now seems to be promoting a sort of voluntary (?) celibacy.

Having sex is overrated and mostly boring. Certainly, it is less enjoyable than video games or going to the gym.

And it is actually the only and single thing that a woman has to offer, and what does she demand in return?

Your human soul.

His concludes with something so horrible you may just want to skip right past it. (Alas, this is a fairly standard “argument” for him.)

Women deserve to be beaten and raped, NOT treated like they are humans, because they are NOT humans.

So, yes, Anglin has managed to come up with an answer to the “female question” that’s somehow even worse than the standard neo-Nazi one. Most contemporary Nazi men, like Hitler himself back in the day, prefer to keep women largely confined to the private sphere — a.k.a.  Kinder, Küche, Kirche (children, the kitchen, and the church). They tend to see every white women as a potential white baby factory, pumping out product — the children talked about in the neo-Nazi catachism known as “the 14 words.” (“We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.”)

But Anglin, evidently single, doesn’t want a TradWife or even a TradGirlfriend. That. at least, is a little bit of good news for the women of the world. Go your own way, young man, and go as far as possible away, until you fall off the edge of the earth.

Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Katamount
1 year ago

As Jesalin indicated, it’s far more misogynistic and authoritarian than any consensual domination dynamic. It’s specifically meant to erase any agency on the part of the woman and reduce her entirely to a sexual object for the man who “owns” her.

Anglin would probably love it.

I’ve met domme/sub couples; they don’t play that kind of dehumanization.

C.A.Collins
C.A.Collins

One chux, Tuchux,
Red chux, blue chux.
(Red chux–you ever see the sunburn you can get through a chainmail bikini?)
Ran into way too many Gorian cosplayers while I was SCA. Tuchuxs are… different, bless their pointy little heads. There’s women happily playing along, so I presume at least some level of consentual.
I know kink shaming isn’t the best thing to do, but I had a hard time getting my head around wanting to be degraded.

@Katamount, C.A. Collins
That sounds pretty awful. I didn’t know they went that far with it all. I also try not to kink shame people, but when their kinks are that misogynistic it’s hard to withhold judgement.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

I mean I no way want it to the extend as they do. Without being to much tmi, I like when my fiancé calls me things like sl*t and wh*re when we play certain games. But for us it’s normally said affectionately if that makes any since, and is only in a sexual setting. I also have an outfit that like and off brand slave princess leia costume. We have a specific game that goes along with that but then again, the actions that are done in that game are often very loving and gentle. degrading can be fun if your into it and I’m trying to explain how but it’s a little hard. I like it because it gives me that feeling of “doing a naughty thing” which makes it kind of a giddy experience. I suspect my fiancé and I Christian and catholic upbringing has something to play into that.

Of course just like everything else should be in bdsm there are strike rules, boundaries, and intense focus on your partner when in a game like that. I’m just trying to explain why that can be fun, again it’s not in the level of what that is. I hope that helps to understand.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Should that have a warning? maybe that should have had a warning. Sorry I couldn’t get it to edit and thought about that right after.

Tabby Lavalamp
Tabby Lavalamp
1 year ago

Has anyone tried calling Anglin a bedbug to see if that will make him go away?

Critical Dragon1177
1 year ago

So much for stopping the non existent “white genocide” by making lots and lots of white babies. I guess Anglin doesn’t really care about his “superior” white “race” now does he?

StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
StaceySmartyPantsTwiceRemoved
1 year ago

Lainy what you say about the difference between playing together when it’s done lovingly with partners listening and communicating really outright abusive stuff really strikes home with me. I have some bondage-looking stuff that I use as part of my outfits that I design and I love it. A lot. But I feel like I can love it without that meaning I would want somebody to just do whatever they want without my consent. I know that’s not quite what you were talking about but it’s related I guess.

I also have been hurt by kink shaming and slut shaming but I make an effort to stay true to myself.

Your fiancee sounds really awesome and I bet you too are a really cute couple. You sound like you have great style.

Snowberry
Snowberry
1 year ago

My (admittedly incomplete) knowledge of Goreans suggests that for at least some, the casual misogyny and extreme dehumanization are all play, and all part of the thrill, it’s just a more extreme and more heavily ritualized compared to most Dom/sub type relationships. In addition, not all of them are “lifestyle” players, just something they roleplay now and again.

That being said, there do exist some particularly outspoken and obnoxious Goreans (even including a few women) who try to make it out to be something “natural” which should be normalized in the wider society… or worse, promote forcing nonconsenting women into it, because it’s “so natural” that most of them will eventually consent anyway. I can’t speak to percentages here, as it’s not like Goreans are very common even within the BDSM community. But while the BDSM community as a whole isn’t going to ban the more obnoxious Goreans outright, they’re not exactly welcome in most circles either.

1 year ago

I did a bit of cursory research and the Gorean subculture at a glance seems…quite misogynistic. This page [TW: rape apologia] maintained by Goreans thinks that women should like being raped if they can pick the time and place. It tries to prove that Norman is not a misogynist by quoting him, but instead it makes it very clear that he is a misogynist, viewing women as inferior to men or pedestalizing them or both. In addition, the page tries to argue that John Norman was trying to satirize radical feminism (or what the Goreans think radical feminism is) with a completely inaccurate description of feminism that wouldn’t look out of place on a Men’s Rights forum, complete with “hate quotes” cherrypicked from Dworkin and the like. In fact, over all it seems that Goreans sound almost exactly like MRAs, in terms of their opinions on feminism, their rape apologia, their descriptions of women, and their claims that they aren’t misogynists.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon
1 year ago

All I have to say on the subject of Gor is that those books are in no way suitable for an 8 year old girl, did cause a lot of damage, and the public librarian that checked them out to me should have been fired. Holeeee crap.

On the plus side Tamora Pierce weighed more heavily than John Norman once some other bad influences were removed, so yay for Ms Pierce.

Catalpa
Catalpa
1 year ago

Yeah, Tamora Pierce! I’m so glad that she was the most influential author I read during my formative years.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

Certainly, it is less enjoyable than video games or going to the gym.

Does this mean that newbie-MGTOW Andrew Anglin will be writing articles about his hobbies? I hope so. Sadly, MGTOWs make a habit of promising this kind of article but never fulfill that promise. Instead, the writing is about stalking, spying on, badmouthing, harassing, or doxxing women. Or fantasizing about, theorizing about, or speculating about women. Or denouncing women for imaginary crimes or physically impossible promiscuity. Or beating, raping, torturing, or murdering women.

Where are the articles about birdwatching or baking or stamp collecting we were promised!

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
1 year ago

Has anyone tried calling Anglin a bedbug to see if that will make him go away?

He won’t be going anywhere. Just pull off the Klan sheet, and you’ll find him hiding under.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

Yeah, you’ll have to burn the whole mattress and to get the rid of him!

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Kat

I know, right? Miggies are always proclaiming that they spend lots of time on their “hobbies,” but never even say what those hobbies are, much less talk about them.

Given that people have trouble not talking about their hobbies,* I strongly suspect that miggies don’t actually have any.

*I’m as guilty of this as anyone. Friends will say: Yes, we know about your Genestealer Cult. We know ALL about your Genestealer Cult.

Just A Really Very Introverted Soapdish
Just A Really Very Introverted Soapdish
1 year ago

Okay, but like, doggos are the best thing in the world, so that makes women the second best?

Citerior Motive
Citerior Motive
1 year ago

All humans are worse than dogs. Dogs are great.

@Big Titty Demon

I feel the same way about my 7th grade English teacher, who thought it was a good idea to keep Xanth in the classroom library. I read the first few books before quitting, as they started badly and got worse in terms of misogyny and the occasional bits of transphobia.
Xanth was awful in terms of its treatment of women, but compared to Gor it’s practically feminist. In addition, AFAIK there is no Xanth roleplaying culture, at least not on the same scale as the Goreans.

@Allandrel

They don’t, and they get angry if you ask. The only hobby they seem to have is complaining about women, which in my opinion is a pretty lousy hobby.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer
1 year ago

I think I’ve mentioned this here before, but with respect to Gor, I remember a comment from Lorna Toolis, who at the time was the head librarian at the Judith Merril Collection of Science Fiction, Speculation, and Fantasy (previously known as the Spaced Out Library, but that doesn’t look as good on grant forms). Paraphrased as I don’t remember the exact words:

“The only thing worse about being the head of a science fiction research collection than having to keep copies the Gor novels on site for their historical value, is having to re-order copies of the Gor novels after people walk off with them.”

@Jenora Feuer

Oof. The only other books I can imagine a librarian feeling that way about are hateful political tracts of historical importance (i.e. Mein Kampf). Then again, Gor is clearly making a political statement, so it would appear to fit in that class.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

So… is there just something about nazis that they can’t understand biology?

@Yutolia

So… is there just something about nazis that they can’t understand biology?

It seems there has been since the beginning. Hitler seemed to think decreasing genetic diversity was a good idea, when any biologist will tell you the opposite. He also appeared to not understand inheritance very well.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner

@Naglfar:

Exactly! The whole ideology has been based on major misconceptions since it started.

Dalillama
Dalillama
1 year ago

So… is there just something about nazis that they can’t understand biology?

I think it’s more won’t than can’t, but yes. Being a Nazi prohibits understanding of biology, sociology, economics, and numerous other topics, inasmuch as nazism contradicts the findings thereof.

@Dalillama

It seems that conservatism as a whole is the same way, as most conservatives seem to favor their political ideology over science (i.e. climate change deniers, creationists, etc).

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I think it’s more won’t than can’t too. Understanding biology, history, anthropology, etc would mean they could no longer justify their objectively incorrect opinions. Their worldview truly depends on willful ignorance. Same goes for fundies.

In that vein, I had fun little interaction with a guy on Twitter who was contending that labor-employer relations in the US have always been harmonious until recently when lazy socialist millenials came along. I can’t even process how ignorant someone would have to be to believe that.

Tovius

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
That reminds me of an internet argument I saw unfold over a decade ago about minimum wage. Someone was making the very reasonable argument that workers deserved a living wage because the products and services they provide is what allows the company to make any profit at all. Then some troll wandered in and declared that no, companies actually make their profit from investors just handing them money, or something to that effect. No amount of facts and logic would get through. At the time it was the stupidest thing I’d ever seen.

Ariblester

@Tovius

If the troll was talking about “gig economy” tech startups like Uber, he’s actually more or less right (except for the “profit” part), seeing as they lose money hand over fist, stiff their employees “independent contractors”, and yet still have VCs lining up to make it rain on them.

It’s still stupid, but the stupidity is systemic.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Yeah, the myths people have to tell themselves to convince themselves that capitalism is working a-ok are increasingly ridiculous.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Naglfar

So, I was unfamiliar with the Xanth books and wiki’d it, got to the part where it says something about the Adult Conspiracy and visual access to underwear and the fact there is a book called The Color of Her Panties and decided not to become any more familiar. That is bizarre. And also sounds inappropriate for 7th graders, I agree.

Interestingly enough, there was a book series that the librarian would not check out to me. It was whatever William Shatner wrote/had ghostwritten for him (I do not remember the title, as it was selected based on the fact that I loved Star Trek and knew that he was one of the actors). I should probably go check it out just to see if it really could have been worse than the Gor books. Those were the only books ever refused to me.

@Big Titty Demon
Xanth was definitely not an appropriate book series for 7th graders. The biggest issue is the sexualization of pubescent and prepubescent girls, but there’s also a definite issue with objectification of women of all ages, as well as trivialization of rape. Since it was the first very sexual book series I read, I probably got all kinds of terrible ideas from it at the time.
Honestly, it’s not really an good series for anyone, regardless of age. The author, Piers Anthony, seems to be a pedophile.

More links (TW: misogyny, rape apologia, pedophilia):

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@Big Titty Demon:

TekWar — I’ve never read them, so I don’t know what they’re like, though I’ve heard they were ghost-written so they’re likely fairly competent SF.

Moggie
Moggie

@WWTH:

Whaaat? Don’t the words “Triangle Shirtwaist Factory” mean anything to people any more?

@Moon Custafer

I’ve heard they were ghost-written so they’re likely fairly competent SF.

What exactly would be the point of ghostwritten fiction? I understand ghostwritten autobiographies are suppose to be from a person’s perspective as though they wrote it, but I don’t get ghostwritten fiction. Why not just say it’s by the person who actually wrote it?

Deadstop
Deadstop
1 year ago

Because some people will buy WILLIAM SHATNER’S TEKWAR (actually by some other person) that would not have given a second look to TEKWAR by that other guy.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 year ago

Yeah, I think it’s a case of “you supply the writing, I’ll supply the highly-recognizable, audience-attracting name.” It’s been a fairly common strategy over the years.

Dalillama
Dalillama
1 year ago

They’re pretty crap, I wouldn’t bother.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee:

[…] labor-employer relations in the US have always been harmonious until recently […]

… Gah?
I mean, I’m used to people in the U.S. forgetting that McCarthyism was only the second Great Red Scare, the first being just post WWI in the wake of the Russian Revolution. But ‘Wobblies’ were already being used as a derogatory term by then, and the IWW was formed back in 1905. The Pinkertons were being used as mercenary strike-breakers back to the 1870s, if not earlier. Companies had a lot of history of finding ways to essentially practice slavery even after it was officially illegal.

Somebody needs to sit that guy in a room with ‘Sixteen Tons’ played on loop until he learns his history.

@Naglfar, Deadstop:
In this case, the core idea for Tekwar came from Shatner anyway, and the ghostwriter was hired to write a book to the basic outline. Even if the ghostwriter had credit (which was presumably not in the contract) it still would have been ‘William Shatner’s Tekwar’ with the writer name in a smaller font.

It’s all about what the original contract said. Somebody accepted the contract to write this with those terms.

Dalillama
Dalillama
1 year ago

But ‘Wobblies’ were already being used as a derogatory term by then,

Only secondarily, Wobblies called ourselves that before anyone else did. The reason for this is allegedly that a recent immigrant with limited English joined up and was very enthusiastic in recruiting for the “I Wobbly Wobbly” In the Northwest the individual is held to have been a Swede, while down to the Southwest he is sometimes described as Chinese. No-one can put a name to the individual in question, and I’d dismiss the whole thing as an obvious urban legend except that literally every source agrees that this is where the name ‘Wobbly’ comes from, and there’s no suggestion anywhere I can locate of an alternative origin.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Naglfar

I’m having a blast reading these links actually, despite never having read the Xanth books. Especially the last one makes me feel better that it took me 4 and a half books to give up on Robert Jordan (although I did read 7 and a half total due to the sunk cost fallacy).

@Dalilama

I will trust your judgement and not. 🙂

@Big Titty Demon
The sunk cost policy played a role with me and Xanth as well. I accidentally started with the 7th book, then ended up reading the previous 6 because I thought if I’d made that much of an investment I had to read up to it.

Regarding the last link, if you read the comments there is an MRA-esque troll (which other commenters call out) as the first comment.

ColeYote
ColeYote
1 year ago

Well, if it keeps Nazis from raising children, I’m in favour of this development.

Alexis Filth

@C.A.Collins
I mean, my husband has a huge degradation fetish.
(CW: Sex talk)
I say things to him during sexy time that would make most vanilla spouses immediately file for divorce. I treat him in ways during sexy time that would have folks asking if he needed to go to a shelter and if they should call the cops. It took a long time for me to be comfortable with it, but it’s something he desires and wants (and once I got over the awkwardness and just threw myself into it, it’s a lot of fun for me too) and makes him happy.
Of course he and I both are weirdos, but we have fun and it’s fine. I’m not calling him names in every day life or anything.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Naglfar

It took me a bit to get through it because holy shit that is some fucked up stuff and I was just reading snipped quotes not even the whole book, but now I’m a huge fan of Ana Mardoll and bookmarked the blog. Thanks for links! <3 And I quite agree, not fit for children (I question fit for anyone). Damn. What the hell, your 7th grade teacher.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara
1 year ago

@Big Titty Demon: Have you read Ana Mardoll’s takedown of the “Little House on the Prairie” books? It’s incredible.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon

@Cat Mara

I am now… I feel like kid-me was veeeeeery not-aware of indigenous political issues of that era, but I haven’t read those books since I was like, 6 years old, so I’m cutting myself slack. I also did not know her daughter was a rabid Libertarian until now. I wonder why, given that it seems to have been a pretty shit family history…

I hope there’s not anything terrible with Anne of Green Gables, I remember loving those books… :S

Robert
Robert
1 year ago

A SF bookstore in Berkeley CA yonks ago had a sign posted, explaining that they didn’t carry Gor books. The sign included a sample page from one, followed by the terse comment, ‘and this is why’.

Personally, I was struck by the concept of the Priest-Kings of Gor. They’re super intelligent giant alien insectoids who live only for reason and science. Their biggest threat is a species of giant beetles with lush golden hair and an intoxicating pheromone; inhaling it causes the Priest-Kings to experience ultimate pleasure. They are helpless to resist it, even though they know that the beetles will kill them while they’re incapacitated with sensual delight.

Oh, John Norman, we really didn’t want to know *that* much about you.