abortion brand new ugly

Rep. Steve King: Rape and incest make the world go ’round

Steve King: Just imagine the awful shit bouncing around in his brain

Everybody’s favorite malignant baboon of a congressman — Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa — is one of those politician dudes who opposes abortion SO HARD that he even opposes it in cases of rape and incest.

Today, speaking to the Westside Conservative Club in Urbandale, Iowa, he offered a defense, of sorts, of this position, by suggesting that if we erased all the children of rape and incest from human history that we wouldn’t have much human history left — and not many humans left at all.

What if we went back through all the family trees and just pulled out anyone who was a product of rape or incest? Would there be any population of the world left if we did that?

Considering all the wars and all the rapes and pillages that happened throughout all these different nations, I know that I can’t say that I was not a part of a product of that.

Huh. The fact that bad shit used to happen all the time in human history doesn’t mean that we should keep doing that bad shit for history’s sake. Countless women in history were re-traumatized by having to raise children conceived in rape and incest. Let’s maybe leave that in the past, huh?

You can watch the whole horrible thing in the video below.

Brand New Ugly highlights stories that are emblematic of the political and social ugliness of Trump’s America. Send tips to dfutrelle at gmail dot com.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit
1 year ago

Once upon a time, weak babies were left out for the wolves. Surely a good traditionalist like King would be in favor of bringing that back, too.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

This is an argument that MRAs/red pillers etc. have made a lot. Like, I wasn’t as shocked by this as so many other people because I’ve seen it so many times.

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate
1 year ago

Given his past statements in defense of White Nationalism, I am not at all surprised that he holds this view. Abhorrent views tend to go hand in hand. How long before we get some Holocaust denial off this cum stain?

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter
1 year ago

Seven million people on this planet, and growing, yet these guys fret about the survival of the human race unless “enforced monogamy”, rape and even incest, aren’t forcing women to squeeze out babies like termite queens.
Well, truthfully, they aren’t really worried about the survival of “human race”; usually they only worry about the particular race they belong to.

MRA, incels, white nationalists and NAZI’s all share 2 traits in common – racism is at the very core of their beliefs; and they want absolute control over women who are both their breeding machines and personal entertainment devices.

Big Titty Demon
Big Titty Demon
1 year ago

I couldn’t click that video link because of his fucking face. I just couldn’t.

I bet I would get accused (elsewhere, not here) of being a snowflake or easily triggered in this area, but holy fucking shitballs people are amoral fuckwads, to call that bunch of fucking rapey incest cells a child that God intended to happen is

1) Saying you know God’s intent, and who the fuck are you to say that, maybe they intended a fucking abortion in their ineffable plan, you fuckstain, and

2) way WAY more immorally, saying that woman was intended to get raped all along. It was God’s will that she got raped.

Only fucking assholes of the worst sort which we don’t have swearwords in the English language to describe are the sort of arrogant people with specks of souls smaller than the Higgs boson, completely devoid of empathy, who could force a woman to carry a rape/incest zygote to term.

I am super easily triggered by this, though. I will go calm down somewhere else.

Breadbookist
Breadbookist
1 year ago

The only plausible explanation for such a statement is that the man couldn’t possibly bring himself to actually care about other human beings, put simply.

Breadbookist
Breadbookist

numerobis
numerobis

Steve King: Just imagine the awful shit bouncing around in his brain

Let’s not and say we did?

It’s bad enough just hearing about what leaks out.

Sack
Sack
1 year ago

Fatboy doesn’t like what a successful, longtime Congressman says.

Fatboy is obese. I believe that says it all.

Viscaria
Viscaria
1 year ago

I wonder what it’s like to be the kind of person who just hops from thread to thread announcing over and over again that someone is fat. Like, wouldn’t you at least want to mix it up a little? I’d start throwing out other completely irrelevant characteristics, like hair colour or how they like their eggs

Sack doesn’t like what a blogger and journalist says.

Sack enjoys scrambled eggs with chives. I believe that says it all.

Jennifer
1 year ago

Isn’t this the same man who made that wretched remark about how we can’t build “our” civilization with “someone else’s babies”? (Though presumably, raping “our” sisters and daughters to make those babies a perfectly civilized thing to do.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

David’s already acknowledged since the start of the blog, being fat. What’s the point of saying “yeah, well you’re fat” to someone who isn’t trying to hide what their body type is? It’s just so silly. Trolls have been trying this for ages and it just doesn’t work.

Contrapangloss
Contrapangloss
1 year ago

Sack, you sure you didn’t forget a sad in front of your name?

I’d be nicer, but you kinda just walked into a feminist space so you could defend the honor of an asshat by calling the website’s host a fatty.

So, not feeling particularly nice over here.

Feel free to waltz on out of here, troll-me-dear.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Sack

Fatboy doesn’t like what a successful, longtime Congressman says.

Fatboy is obese. I believe that says it all.

Stupidboy has extended his stay here. Sadly, he is a one-trick troll.

Catalpa
Catalpa
1 year ago

If rape is the only reason that humanity hasn’t died out, then humanity deserves to die out.

(But it isn’t. People generally like to fuck and there would be plenty of consensually produced babies around even if every rapist on the planet spontaneously combusted this very instant.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Is that banal tautology supposed to be an argument?

“Rain is wet. CHECKMATE LIBERALS!”

It’s what people do when they can’t understand or refute the other person’s point. They reduce it to “Orange Man Bad!” and award themselves a pigeon chess trophy.

Why are right wingers always all “respect mah authoriteh”, and then they can’t even credibly demonstrate why they should be granted authority in the first place. Like, at least be in the 50th percentile of “able to string a coherent thought together” before you go around demanding that everyone bow down and worship you.

Sack
Sack
1 year ago

Regardless of what you think of his politics, Steve King is a wealthy, longtime Congressman with an impressive history of legislative accomplishment.

David Fatrelle is an obese, broke shut-in.

I’m just reminding you all of these facts.

Shadowplay
1 year ago

His sole bill that were enacted were to rename a post office.

You are easily impressed.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What are Steve King’s legislative accomplishments? I can’t think of any signature pieces of legislation.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

From TIME Inc.’s website: “David Futrelle is a former staff writer for Money magazine. He’s written for numerous publications, including Salon, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, and the New York Times Book Review. ”

I don’t think shut-in means what you think it means.

As for King, basically he’s admitting that he doesn’t understand how anyone procreates without rape or incest. He needs to get out more. Maybe meet some non-Republicans who know how to make babies the fun way.

The GOP is becoming increasingly linked to trafficking, sexual assault, and perversion. They’re openly brazen now about being the party of rape. Defending them isn’t a good look.

Snowberry
Snowberry

My thoughts in order:

1. Re: “malignant baboon” – David, please do not do this. It’s one thing to call all humans apes (as in a sense it’s true) but please stop referring to Trump or King or anyone else as specific species of apes, since at present that still carries the connotation of “subhuman” in a way which is generally racist. Just because those people aren’t black doesn’t make it okay.

2. What King is missing here is that while there wouldn’t be much of history as we know it left, there would still be plenty of history. It would just be a different history with different people. And probably a better one because it would mean that rape had never been a meaningful thing.

3. @Sack: No, U. That is all the seriousness your utterly juvenile antics deserve.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
1 year ago

Well, someone shat in King’s brain when he was small and stirred really well.

We should exil him and everyone else of his ilk to a deserted island somewhere, segregated by gender, and see how well they got on.

Lainy
Lainy

@sack

Do you like go up to people and are like “you have brown eyes so your wrong” because that’s exactly what your doing. And that’s just a fact sweetheart. That’s all your doing. That be like if someone went up to me and was like you have red hair and your arguing with a blonde. Your wrong because their blonde and your a red head.

TheKND
TheKND

@Sack

So, King was born into wealth and he made thousands of lives worse, but hey, must be good, he got munny and assholes backing him up.
“Success” doesn’t mean sh’t if you’re an asshole.

Frederic Christie
1 year ago

Nothing more precious than being lectured at about the value of life, the importance of morality, and the need for mercy by a Nazi sympathizer.

Frederic Christie
1 year ago

Anyone want to start taking bets as to how long it will take Sack to point out how successful Hitler and Mussolini were, no matter what you think of em?

Sack, if there is any integrity left in your brain after FOX News rotted out: this isn’t Red vs. Blue antics. This isn’t like McCain vs. Obama. King is a white supremacist. He has tried to defend the idea that only white cultures have ever produced anything of value. Publicly. Even if you disagree with the majority on this site about abortion, a man with those commitments should have the taste slapped out of his mouth for daring to tell anyone else about right and wrong.

And just remember: next time you don’t like George Soros, or Obama, or AOC, or any other politician or public figure you disagree with… they are “successes” so your criticisms are invalid. Unless you don’t believe the words you say and are just screaming knee jerk abuse into the void. Maybe ask yourself why you have that reaction and if you really want to be so easily controlled by others?

Ucalegont
Ucalegont

@Sack

The emperor is naked.

Things Come Undone
Things Come Undone
1 year ago

Ok suppose we did do that the psychopath gene would likely be gone from our gene pool no more serial killers and a lot less wars. I lot more harmful mentally defective genes would probably be eliminated too (not all rapists are psychopaths).
Yes I know the Warrior Gene as long as we have some wars the side with the most psychopaths wins because they like to kill people so the theory goes .
Or do they? during Viet Nam Dick Cheney, Donald Trump, GOP Chicken Hawks all dodged the draft why psychopaths like victims they don’t like a fair fight.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

David Fatrelle is an obese, broke shut-in.

It just goes to show that you don’t need to be buff or wealthy or even in good health to have some really well-thought-out ideas.

Moggie
Moggie

King went on to say:

“It’s not the baby’s fault for the sin of the father, or of the mother,” King added.

Look at that: “or of the mother”. He believes that being raped is a sin. No doubt he believes that having to carry the pregnancy to term is punishment for that sin.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann
1 year ago

@Sack: even if what you said was true, what would it amount to ?

There’s plenty successful incompetent baboon, both in history and currently. There’s plenty people whose talent was recognized only after their death. And there’s plenty obese people who are genius.

Of course, asking you to think is probably pointless.

Pie
Pie

@Things Come Undone

Genetics doesn’t work like that. There isn’t one gene for evil that can simply be weeded out. Genes aren’t destiny. Personalities aren’t preset, and culture certainly isn’t. Please stop.

Nicholas C Kiddle
Nicholas C Kiddle
1 year ago

He seems to be refuting an idea that nobody put forward, that anyone conceived by rape needs to be erased from the timeline? I’m guessing he thinks this is why we want abortion in cases of rape, because he doesn’t recognise the pregnant person as a person with thoughts and feelings at all.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Mexican Hot Chocolate
I haven’t looked, but I’m actually wondering if he already has said stuff in denial of the Holocaust. I’m not up for the task of sorting through everything he has said, but it’s possible this is just the tip of the iceberg.

@Sack
I don’t know where you got this idea that weight is linked to being right. I get the feeling you are a fan of Donald Trump, who is obese, yet you don’t seem to believe that he is wrong. On the other hand, I support David Futrelle and I despise Trump because Trump is fascist scum. This is not about weight. It is about what someone does and supports.
In addition, as other commenters have pointed out, Steve King doesn’t seem to have many accomplishments. The only things he did that anyone knows about were things like making comments in support of white nationalism and getting condemned by the House.
It also is interesting that you seem to know David Futrelle’s financial status. I don’t know, but I doubt that he is broke. If he is, he’s clearly still doing more than you are. Let me know when you get published in national newspapers.
If you’re going to troll, at least be a little bit humorous, like that masculist man who showed up a while ago with a very strange distortion of reality. It’s just a sign of lack of creativity when you repeat the same non argument over and over again.

Victorious Parasol
1 year ago

You just don’t get the trolls today we had when I was younger. Back in my day, we had much more entertaining trolls that could display a variety of fallacies. They took PRIDE in being obnoxious and displayed some real craftsmanship in their bloviating. Not like the trolls of today, who think they’re smart just to fling about childish insults. I tell you, there’s no respect for the craft anymore.

Damn kids need to stop playing on my lawn….

Miri
Miri

@Big Titty Demon

Aka
“There are no curses in Elvish, Entish, or the tongues of Men…

TheKND
TheKND

@Things Come Undone

Everything you just said can be refuted by taking half a semester of epigenetics.
It’s also a Lionel Hutz defense:

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

Buttercup:

Well isn’t that the whole point of authority, that you don’t need to explain others why they should respect you?

Troll:

u r fat

Argumentum ad adiposem, perhaps? BTW I’d appreciate if someone told me what the proper formulation is.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Re Representative King

What a sorry excuse for a human being. I would attempt to explain the wrongness involved, but the obviousness of it would make it sound like I was talking to toddlers. And toddlers don’t deserve to be exposed to this person’s nonsense.

I’m going to go cuddle my dogs.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

Snowberry:

Well said. I also think he was going for the idea that if some people in his (or anyone else’s) ancestor network hadn’t been born, it’d alter history and prevent him (or any other currently existing person) from having been born.

It’s the same rhetorical trick as when anti-choicers ask, “what if your mother had aborted you?”, designed to conflate your current existence with your previous existence as an embyo/fetus. Or in this case, with the potential of you being conceived in the first place.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
1 year ago

King shouldn’t extrapolate his behaviour to others…

I’m ace, so I have no first hand experience.

But the vast majority of people is of the opinion that sex is tremendous fun when done properly.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi
1 year ago

@Naglfar – Donald Trump is not obese because he keeps getting docs to add inches to his height on their reports to bring him into the BMI category of ‘not quite obese’.

But at any rate, obesity doesn’t cause your brain to rot or your views to be less relevant in a democratic society. Which we still, just about, have.

I’m fat, too – and I think Rep. King’s views are repugnant. But I’m quite certain you don’t have to be fat to think so.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs
1 year ago

@Sack that is such a pathetic effort, dear – surely, surely you can do a little better than repeating one wee dribble of sub-playground invective over and over again?

You could, let me see … you could consider trying to defend one of Steve King’s diatribes. If you think you’re up to it, of course.

Naglfar
Naglfar
1 year ago

I’m pretty convinced at this point that Steve King is a rapist, and quite possibly incestuous. Like Katamount mentioned in a previous thread, this is a very specific defense.

@Rugbyyogi
I was not trying to shame overweight or obese people. I was trying to poke holes in Sack’s reasoning or lack thereof. I know that weight has nothing to do with being right or wrong.

@Sack
Please come up with more interesting antics. Give me something good to mock and debunk.

Victorious Parasol

@Naglfar

You’re making me nostalgic for Scild’s elegant takedowns of the more interesting (than Sack) trolls.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
1 year ago

The extra height is just a side effect of bone spurs in his feet.

Nequam
Nequam
1 year ago

This troll could be replaced by a very small shell script.

Just swat the bug and move on.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Since no one has yet, I’ll just point out the absurdity of King thinking that rape and incest victims seeking abortion is a new phenomenon. It’s really not. People have been inducing abortion with plants for millennia.

Ellesar
Ellesar
1 year ago

People lived short brutal lives. The last 200 years or so great efforts have been made to ensure that people can live longer and less brutal lives.

But clearly there is a strong element who feel we should continually show our gratitude to our dudebro overlords for these improvements.

Moon_custafer
Moon_custafer

@ Nicholas C Kiddle:

I assume this is rhetoric and King doesn’t actually believe abortion is retroactive to the origins of humanity, right?

Also, I’m pretty sure everyone who currently exists does so because at various points in their family tree two people met and married because they were both refugees from the same war or disaster, or because smallpox had killed off their original spouses, or they were making the best of some other bad situation. This still isn’t a reason not to try and prevent or end disasters, wars and epidemics.

1 2 3