'bating alt-lite alt-right anti-Semitism AntiFa butts empathy deficit entitled babies gender policing globohomo grandiosity homophobia lgtbq memes men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny none dare call it conspiracy roosh v soyboys transmisogyny transphobia twitter

What is “Globohomo?” A comprehensive guide to the alt-right’s new obsession, with tweets

Gay Atlas, deadlifting the earth

By David Futrelle

If you’ve spent any time arguing with right-wing trolls online, you’ve probably encountered the alt-right’s new favorite buzzword (that isn’t really a word): “globohomo.” And you may have found yourself wondering: What on earth is a globohomo, anyway, and why are right-wingers so mad about it?

The term has been floating about for several years now; I first encountered it way back in 2016 on the blog of everyone’s favorite racist pickup artist, Heartiste, and our old friend fiend Roosh V is fond of it as well. But it’s gained popularity in the last year or so, serving as a sort of catch-all replacement for the term “white genocide” for some of the people who, well, used to use the term “white genocide” all the time.

Ostensibly, “globohomo” is short for “global homogenization,” a an alleged vast conspiracy to destroy “traditional” culture and values and replace them with a sort of global (naturally) corporate uniculture.

But it’s rarely used in this way, at least not exactly. For those who’ve seized upon the term, “globo” means “globalist” and therefore Jews; while “homo” (the suffix) means, well, “homo” (the slur). (Some, evidently worried that “globohomo” isn’t gay-sounding enough, add “gayplex” to it — “globohomo gayplex.”)

And so “globohomo” has come to mean something like “the global homosexual/Jewish conspiracy to degenerate our culture up real good with drag queens and anal sex and possibly Ben Shapiro.”

If that definition seems a bit incoherently exapansive, that’s because the trolls who’ve embraced the term are using it as an all-purpose epithet. Perhaps the only way to truly define “globohomo” is to see how people (and I use that term lightly) are using it on, for example, Twitter.

Here are just a few of the things that right-wing trolls think are a part of the “globohomo” agenda.

Jews:

Actual LGBTQ people:

LGBTQ people “indoctrinating” children by existing:

Butt sex, literal and figurative:

Crossdressing:

Crossdressing in libraries, specifically

Trans women:

Music videos:

The Cats movie trailer:

Netflix:

Walmart:

Mountain Dew:

The North Atlantic Treaty Organization and/or “poopdick.”

Rainbow flags:

Soy (but of course):

Forced bug-eating?

White genocide:

Christian genocide:

Donald Trump?

Ivanka Trump:

Ben Shapiro!?

Jim Bowie
@jamesbowie4545
Replying to
@BrandonMH1
Ben Shapiro is NOT alt right. He is far left. He supports globohomo, globalism, endless wars, political censorship etc. Shapiro = ANTIFA

And then there’s this. Apparently the evil Jews who run Globohomo really don’t like … Game Theory?

Any questions?

Cat Mara
Cat Mara

(Watches Cats trailer)

Fuh… fuh… fire kill it with fire 😧

We’re pinheads now
We are not whole
We’re pinheads all
GLOBO HOMO

(with apologies to DEVO)

globohomo wants you childless,

living in crates

and eating bugs

while you masturbate and zonk out to a screen

This is different to the lifestyle of an average inhabitant of the manosphere how exactly? Masturbation, eating garbage, and an unhealthy obsession with certain entertainment franchises seem to be their defining traits AFAICT

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Okay, I guess. Meet the new conspiracy, same as the old conspiracy.

Naglfar
Naglfar

Aaah! They figured out our plan! What on earth shall we do next? /s
All joking aside, I am actually scared right now. Hate crimes have been on the rise since the 2016 election, and I’m a little worried about the attacks that may occur on Jews and LGBTQIPAN+ people if the alt-right has a new take on an old conspiracy theory about these two groups. Delusional beliefs like this do have real-world consequences, as shown by the Pizzagate shooter and the various incel terrorists. I’m fearing for my safety, and the safety of friends who are in these communities.

moregeekthan
moregeekthan

Atlas sauntered.

AsAboveSoBelow
AsAboveSoBelow

All I can think of is, once again, “Globo Humpin’ Homo Babe” – I mean, “Hobo Humpin’ Slobo Babe.”

Ellesar
Ellesar

Can anyone tell me what ‘anti-game theory’ in the last tweet is? 😒

QuantumInc
QuantumInc

@CatMara For many of them, “GloboHomo” (or whatever conspiracy) is the reason that they are all alone, obsessing over media, eating garbage, and resorting to masturbation. Really they want to identify some external and singular entity that is causing all of these problems. Many of them imagine they would be living the ideal responsible married life described by 1950s nostalgia is it were not for (insert lefty boogeyman here).

I think global racial homogeneity is mean to serve as a metaphor for the world where racial distinctions are less important and “Judge them by the content of their character, not by the color of their skin”. Similarly “White Genocide” (the elimination of white people) maybe is meant as a metaphor for the elimination of white privilege. There’s no logical, moral justification for racism, so they have to transform the end of racism into something where it makes sense to fear it.

Progressive: “I want to end racism!”
Reaction: “You want to end all of the races?! OMGWTFBBQ!?”

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate

‘Cause god forbid the LGBTQ community want the same acceptance, respect, and dignity that white, cishet men take for granted.

Talonknife
Talonknife

I love how the one guy accuses Ben Shapiro of being a leftist for supporting endless wars and political censorship, two things the left has traditionally been strongly opposed to.

Moggie
Moggie

Well, Ben Shapiro says the Nazis were leftists, so there’s a kind of twisted justice to claiming he’s on the far left.

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner

Wow, does Ben Shapiro know he’s part of Antifa? I mean, it’s obvious that Antifa doesn’t know or else he’d be kicked out.

Crip Dyke
Crip Dyke

A spherical map of the earth that only fucks other spherical maps of the earth?

Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Laissez-Fairy Pronoun Boner

@Crip Dyke:

Yes! I think that’s exactly what it is!

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

What on earth is a globohomo

It’s when bioluminescent avant-garde people cut the lawn.

Ariblester
Ariblester

Ellesar wrote on
July 24, 2019 at 3:56 pm:

Can anyone tell me what ‘anti-game theory’ in the last tweet is? 😒

The idea that the world isn’t a zero-sum game, where one side can only win at the other’s expense. The author of that tweet is saying that since “The Jews” are (in his mind) preaching the idea that the world isn’t zero-sum, while simultaneously pursuing a zero-sum win in relation to all other sides (i.e. all the other ‘races’, probably), the world should push back by adopting “nationalism”, by which I assume he means ethnostates.

Crip Dyke
Crip Dyke

Music videos are nonstop degenerate globohomo shit now. I haven’t seen a single one that I’d be okay with my kids watching in years.

Anyone who came of age in the MTV era has to be perplexed and grossed out when they see what we have now.

I wonder what’s changed in 30 years?

Have you heard the music kids are listening to these days?
I’m gonna be perfectly frank. Would ya like to know what kinda conversation goes on while they’re loafin’ around that X-Box?
They’re tryin’ out Bevo, tryin’ out Cubebs, tryin’ out Tailor Mades like cigarette fiends! And braggin’ all about how they’re gonna cover up a tell-tale breath with Altoids.

One fine night, they log out of X-Box Live, headin’ for the rave at the warehouse! Libertine men and scarlet women! And Hip-hop! Shameless music that’ll grab your son and your daughter with the arms of a jungle animal instinct!

Mass-steria!

Friends, the idle brain is the devil’s playground!

Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure
Jesalin, Goddess of Lust & Pleasure

It’s when bioluminescent avant-garde people cut the lawn.

GROAN

Genjones
Genjones

Speaking of protesting the soygenda, check this out. If eating raw game to own the love catches on, stage 1 takes care of itself and we won’t have to lift a finger. They probably won’t notice brainworms anyway

Specialffrog
Specialffrog

I did a game theory course. One thing you learn is that not all games are zero sum.

Also how to win at nim.

Still trying to work out how nim figures into the globohomo agenda.

Mike
Mike

We have to give them Cats the film. It is big splashy musical by a Webber and 5 weeks of cocaine fueled workshopping. And has Ian McKellen in it

(the movie is probably awful because the show is but the trailer looks good to me).

As a person who used game theory in my MA thesis I am dying to know what Bader thinks game theory is.

ReductiveChaos
ReductiveChaos

“Global homogenization”, roughly as defined solely in the quote in the post (the “full” definition has some much more problematic parts), is essentially the same as cultural hegemony in Marxist traditions. The term is also used by a lot of modern sociology and some political science outside Marxist traditions, too. It is very commonly used in reference to capitalist societies (where the “goal” is broadly considered to be a consumer/pro-corporate culture), but can be easily used in description of almost any society with structural power differentials.

That all said, I’m not sure that I trust Urban Dictionary, from late 2018, in defining anything about the origin of “globohomo” (especially not in a definition that also refers to “sexual degeneracy”). I’m going to guess that was an intentionally false etymology to try and sell the word as something more mainstream than being a fever-dream conspiracy ostensibly about gay Jews.

I’m also a little amused they chose to deflect using an essentially Marxist interpretation of culture, when that sort typically think “cultural Marxism” is a thing.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Crikey. These Joo folks are pretty versatile. 20+ years ago they were arm-in-arm, lock-step with Freemasons and the dreaded communists. Sometimes they even allowed the frightful feminists to join in for a while.

They now seem to have carelessly abandoned their former besties and, after brief dalliances with the UN and the Illuminati, have cosied up to the gay community.

I suspect that, a decade or so from now, they also will have been left in the dust and a new ‘alliance’ will be with … whomever is designated as the worst of the worst fantastical boogeymen of the moment. Buuuut, the evil complicity of joooos in making random people’s lives unbearable will never go away.

I’m glad not to live in the fevered minds of these bozos. How on earth can you live day after day fussing and fuming over nonsensical shit like this?

Lukas Xavier
Lukas Xavier

Im 22 years old and even I remember people defending Globohomo with “They arent going to indoctrinate your kids.”
Well here come the fags..doing exactly what they said they wouldn’t.

But the article is about parents choosing for themselves what they’re okay with their children seeing, and being okay with them seeing a gay pride parade.

If the parents are making their own call about how to raise their children, isn’t that the exact opposite of “indoctrination”? Are parents being forced to bring their children to Pride?

So much of this seems to come down to the notion: “Those people are different from me and it makes me mad!”

Bina

globohomo wants you childless,

living in crates

and eating bugs

while you masturbate and zonk out to a screen

Well, I got one out of four. But I don’t give a shit about “globohomo” and what they ostensibly want. I’m childless because I want to be, period. Also, I live in a house, eat omnivorously (but not bugs, because UGH), and haven’t masturbated or zonked out to a screen in quite some time, because that gets boring after a while.

(Also, as an aside, this latest and silliest transparent effort on the part of white supremacy to take over the world and remake it, globally-homogeneously, in their own white self-image, is hilarious…because once again, it shows how much more these guys obsess over gay sex than anyone actually having it.)

Juli
Juli

Ah, this is why I still check in here every so often. Gotta keep up with the weird new bargle-jargon.

Ariblester
Ariblester

ReductiveChaos wrote on
July 24, 2019 at 10:09 pm:

I don’t think that Marxists have a monopoly on the phrase “in a capitalist society, whomever controls the capital gets to dictate the means to which it is put, and the ends to which it is directed, up to and including the influencing of culture itself” (i.e. “money talks”) 😬

Nikki the Bluth Wannabe
Nikki the Bluth Wannabe

@Crip Dyke
Kudos for your “Ya Got Trouble” parody!

Lainy
Lainy

This is a “tag yourself” kind of post.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Bina

(but not bugs, because UGH),

No lobster? No crab puffs, or shrimp cocktails or crawdad gumbo?* Anyway, what is or isn’t a valid source of animal protein is heavily culturally dependent; there’s plenty of folks who fry grasshoppers, stew ants, and otherwise consume all manner of creepy crawlies. Famously, snails are part of many traditional French cuisines (IMO they taste like a garlic-butter condom, but my feelings are obviously not universal)

*Fair disclosure, I won’t eat any of those things myself, but it’s pretty common to do so in the Anglosphere.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara

Tech site Ars Technica have done some articles on edible insects (and arachnids), like this one. At least when it’s roast tarantula for Sunday lunch, everyone stands a chance of getting a leg 😉

Moggie
Moggie

@Lainy:

This is a “tag yourself” kind of post.

I’m a soy processing vessel.

Anti-vegans can be weird.

Moggie
Moggie

I won’t be watching the Cats video, but I’ll eagerly await the resulting Lindsay Ellis reactions.

Lainy
Lainy

@moggie

I’m for sure the globohomo. At least I like to think that I am. Its me being aggressive during pride month.

Snowberry
Snowberry

I mostly know that phrase from Heartiste. From the way he uses it, I never expected that it mean “global homogenization” at all. It’s all “gay men rule the world and want to teach your kids sodomy!”

LaserJay
LaserJay

Somewhat OT, but still related to the site. Like a dummy, I went into the incels’ forums completely unprepared, and I’m just curious, does it ever end with the incels? I mean, as far as everything to do with the hatred and self-centeredness? I know I should be used to this by now (I’ve been lurking here for a few years now), but this still horrifies and amazes me…

Shadowplay

Snowberry – same. The places (or people) I’ve seen it used, I’d always assumed it were the official title page of the gay agenda.

(Which always reminds me of those trapper keeper things with unicorns on them. My mind is a very strange and shallow pool.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

It’s funny when people who complain endlessly about diversity also maintain that homogenization is bad.

They’re glomohobos too. It’s just that they’re pushing a different vision of sameness.

Simon
Simon

While we’re loosely on Ben Shapiro, this is a fairly thorough dismantling. It is quite long though.

Doubter
Doubter

“Globohomo” feels like part of an alt-right Newspeak. I can imagine someone in a MAGA hat and sporting a Pepe pin pointing at a Pride parade and shouting “DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD GLOBOHOMO!”

ObSidJag
ObSidJag

If the “Jews” are involved in any if this (which I highly doubt), wouldn’t that make this “Shlomo Globohomo” agenda?

Or did the “ultimate wrong” doofuses just miss the obvious?

I know, I know–I’ll close the door behind me on my way out.

Ariblester
Ariblester

LaserJay wrote on
July 25, 2019 at 5:25 am:

(link to incels dot co that didn’t show up in the original comment; it is titled “Women Below 55 Should Kill Themselves”)

Short answer, no. Long answer is that the community is toxic to its core and is a bucket of crabs, so there’s no end to it. Any attempts at self-improvement or moving beyond their fixation on sexual conquests are derided as “cope” (i.e. mere coping mechanisms), and “rope” (i.e. suicide) is frequently mentioned alongside, because there is no “hope” for them. “Hatefuel” is a thing that they actively seek out to validate their loathing (both of themselves and women).

Katamount

So… this isn’t a secret Canadian plot to globalize our nomenclature for homo milk?

Joking aside, given how juvenile the internet discourse is, I don’t see these guys using it as some kind of not-so-clever code word for the kind of globalization that distributes the same bland consumerist monoculture we’re all inundated with. I always took it to mean “Jews making people gay (read: degenerate)”.

Ariblester
Ariblester

ObSidJag wrote on
July 25, 2019 at 9:22 am:

Or did the “ultimate wrong” doofuses just miss the obvious?

I know, I know–I’ll close the door behind me on my way out.

You see, if a dogwhistle can be heard by humans, then it’s just a whistle.

Katamount wrote on
July 25, 2019 at 9:42 am:

Depends on how many layers of irony you want to hide your power level under, I guess (and yes, I know I’ve mixed metaphors).

Naglfar
Naglfar

@Ariblester
Your use of the words “hope”, “cope”, and “rope” inspired me to write a limerick about incels.

Took away their own hope
And couldn’t cope
They ranted online
Far from benign
And finally took to the rope

Yes, it’s awful, but it’s what came to mind.

@LaserJay
Like Ariblester already mentioned, incels are quite easily some of the worst people you will find online. They claim to be about self-improvement and self-help, but I can’t see any way that stewing in more misogyny helps or improves them. They go into downward spirals and everything just gets worse. I am told that it is hard to escape.
I obviously was never an incel, but I do know what it is like to have depression. There were days when I would wake up and just think about how I was always going to be lost and alone, and that I would never do anything worth doing. Depression is awful, and one thing that always makes it worse is spiraling, which is what incels do. I think many of these incels could be saved if they had proper mental health help, but seeing as a) they refuse all treatment and b) there is still a stigma that prevents many people from getting help with mental health issues, that seems unlikely. Which is unfortunate, because I really think many of these people could be treated, and if they aren’t they end up becoming incel “saints” and killing people.

Moggie
Moggie

@LaserJay:

We’ve occasionally heard from people who’ve recovered from inceldom. So it does happen, despite their community making it difficult. And I’d guess that most ex-incels won’t admit that they were ever part of that scene, because that’s pretty shameful. So I suspect that escape is more common than one would think.

Naglfar
Naglfar

@LaserJay, Moggie
I recall this post about escape, but that’s all I’ve seen. You’re probably right that more people escape. If so, I would be curious to know how they move on with their lives. I’ve read articles and confessions from former white supremacists and I imagine that there are a lot of parallels between leaving the white supremacist movement and escaping from inceldom/the MRM as a whole.

Any former incels here? No judgement, just curious.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

RE: Eating bugs. I’ve watched some videos on how to prepare cicadas for eating, and I’m tempted to try it someday. The cicada patties look particularly tempting to me.

Alt-righters, just opt out of the things you disapprove of. It’s so much easier that way. Geez.

Robert
Robert

Globohomo!
What a wonderful phrase
It means socialistic sodomy
For all of your days!

Globohomo
With proud perverts marching in parade
We got marching bands
Families in grandstands
And cultural ruin to be made!

Kimstu
Kimstu

Very revealing self-own by the manospherian whose reaction to a politician’s standing up for a woman’s right to choose an abortion is “globohomo wants you childless”.

Could not have made it plainer that these guys know they haven’t a chance of reproducing with a woman who actually wants to bear their children. What fatherhood means to them is to somehow get some woman unwillingly pregnant and then prevent her from terminating the pregnancy.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Moggie

Anti-vegans can be weird.

I really don’t get that one. I mean, I’m a meat eater, and I’ll own up to the fact that I’ve made fun of vegans in the past. And yes, the pushy ones can be annoying. Mostly, though, I can’t get over people caring quite so much. So they don’t eat certain things. So what?

What I mostly don’t get about this one, though, is eating the squirrels raw. That just seems risky. I don’t know whether squirrel is one of those meats it’s safe to eat rare or not (all I know is that apparently you can just just a recipe for chicken), but who the hell knows what you could catch off them?