baby men Dunning–Kruger effect empathy deficit entitled babies irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit women are children

“Men know EXACTLY what it’s like to be a woman” because they’ve all been 5-year-olds, MGTOW lady expert explains

The woman-understander had logged on

By David Futrelle

Today’s insight into female nature comes from some doofus in the Men Going Their Own Way subreddit who doesn’t know anything about anything.

Take it away, Vraboxin:

Vraboxin 4 points 10 days ago
That's interesting is that men know EXACTLY what it's like to be a woman. Think back when you were a 5 year old, do you remember what your mentality and priorities were? Yes? That's a woman.

Women can't comprehend what it's like to be a man, physically or mentally. Sure, men can't talk about what it's like to have breasts or wombs, but we are sure as shit qualified to talk about the female mind. We've all been there and grown out of it.

Kind of ironic for a member of a group that basically believes that girls have cooties to accuse women of being perpetual five-year-olds, huh?

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

Think back when you were a 5 year old, do you remember what your mentality and priorities were? Yes? That’s a woman.

Why yes, I do remember what it was like to be 5 years old. Two major priorities of mine were being very quiet and staying out of the way of my physically and emotionally abusive father, a 51-year-old man.

And I still do my best to avoid violent men.

So yes, point taken, Mr. Vraboxin.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

Following up on my original comment:

The Power of Women
Our Story

Supermajority is a new home for women’s activism, training and mobilizing a multiracial, intergenerational community that will fight for gender equity together.

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

Ironically everyone in MGTOW are still 5 years old. their whole thing is like a crying 5 year old threatening to run away or take their toys and go home because then you’ll be sorry and miss them!

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit
1 year ago

Well, I mean, he’s got a vague hint of a point in the sense that the patriarchal view of women seeks to infantilize them as much as possible, but trust a MGTOW to reach the exact wrong conclusion from that.

Christopher Crosby
Christopher Crosby
1 year ago

Seems that MGOTW sure spend a lot of time thinking about women

Anonymous
Anonymous
1 year ago

Oh, come on. Who knows better what women are *really like* than 30-year-old male virgins?

Shadowplay
1 year ago

Thinking might be a tad overgenerous a way of putting it.

16 Cats and Counting
16 Cats and Counting
1 year ago

There’s only one thing in his absurd post that’s true, we’ve all been 5-years-old. Judging from the rhetoric in most MGTOW sites they’re still emotionally in the toddler stage. Screeds, threats, personal insults and tantrums are the order of the day. No wonder a simple-minded woman such as I can’t rise to the level of their mature discourse lol!

varalys the dark
1 year ago

I have a nephew who is nearly five. He’s a fun kid, studious and creative (makes amazing LEGO things). He can name every country in the world which is something as sure as shit I can’t do and he’s got more fucking maturity than anyone defining themselves and MGTOW.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

MGTOW clearly have not ever worked with older people much. I have. The number of men over 60 who can’t manage their finances, health care/benefits or anything else about their own lives and have their wives do everything for them is just staggering.

Honestly, my experiences have made me pretty glad I never married and likely never will. I have no desire to have children. And being married to an old man is like having a child. Now, I think this is socialization and not anything inherent about men, but I just don’t have faith that my generation is that much better than boomers.

Amy E
Amy E

I’ll be in my playpen.

@Kat that Supermajority site looks fantastic

Framboise
Framboise
1 year ago

I had a good laugh reading what Vraboxin wrote(obviously, to mock what he wrote, not to agree with it). Such ridiculousness embodied in one comment.

Also, I swear, as more and more guys try to become Alpha Males/MRAs/PUAs/Incels, they become more and more like parodies of themselves and a lot more than that, also.

In all seriousness, though, the infantilization of women never stops…. Hopefully, it will do, sooner or later.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Amy E
I’ve already signed up to be a member of Supermajority. It’s free. I’m kinda jazzed about this new group.

TheKND
TheKND
1 year ago

Yeah, I remember when I was 5 years old… I was having a job and worrying about buying groceries and thinking if I should get a tertiary education or pick up a hobby.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles
1 year ago

Inject this hot take straight into my Ventricles.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Yes, this is entirely borne out by the large number of adult women who crave Lucky Charms and Elmo.

That’s some 11th-dimensional Going Their Own Way, when they sit around fervently imagining what it must be like to be a woman.

footprints in wet clay
footprints in wet clay
1 year ago

Anybody know how well Supermajority meshes with trans people? I’m transmale but the cause of feminism is still near and dear to my heart because f patriarchy, I remember how I was treated before, and I’m also concerned about the possibility of supporting a bunch of TERFs who don’t think transwomen are women. I see they talk some game about acceptance of gender identity but at the bottom they still want your details to “connect with women across the country” and…. that seems a little exclusionist. How about “allies in feminism” or something?

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@footprints
This is a very new organization. I don’t know how good they are on trans issues. Maybe contact them and communicate your concerns?

Yutolia the Green Hash Pronoun Boner
Yutolia the Green Hash Pronoun Boner
1 year ago

@Lainy: exactly what I was going to say!

numerobis
numerobis
1 year ago

For one, I don’t in fact remember being five. I have solid memories of being six or older, but before then it’s so fuzzy it’s probably mostly just invented memories from stories.

I guess this means I’m not competent at telling women how to act? I’m ok with that.

Catalpa
Catalpa

*content warning- CSA

If they believe that all women are cognitively the same as five-year-olds, that’s a very convenient excuse for them wanting to rape young teens, isn’t it? Sure, a five-year-old can’t give meaningful consent to have sex with an adult, and neither can a 15-year-old, but women don’t emotionally or cognitively mature in any way, so coercing a young teen into sex is essentially the same as consensual sex with an adult woman, right?

Ugh, it’s so fucking disgusting.

Voxpoptart
Voxpoptart
1 year ago

As Buttercup, Weirwood, and Catalpa have covered the awfulest aspects of this nicely, I’ll cover a smaller dead-end to this logic. Because with the possible exception of the traumatized like Kat, no, no grownup has a clue what it’s like to be five. My sons are now 10 and 12, and they can’t remember what being five is like either. Stuff from a few years ago that’s nostalgic for me means nothing to them anymore. We change; we move on. We store facts and oversimplifications.

I don’t remember what being 5 felt like, but I know I was obsessed with drawing maps and learning foreign words from a polyglot dictionary that I read at school because the kids there made me nervous. I had a crush on Janice, the Muppet bassist; I can’t imagine what that felt like. My best friend was a very smart girl.

My older son at 5 was learning particle physics and making drawings of many-legged cats; his best friend was a very smart girl who still might be his best friend today, although a nearer-by and equally smart girl is also a possible nominee for the role. A lot of 5-year-olds impress me more than any forum incel ever has. They won’t remember themselves later, but if I taught them, I will.

Scanisaurus
Scanisaurus
1 year ago

Saying women are like 5-year olds is pretty rich considering all the childlike things men are allowed to do without criticism (or at worst, some mild joking about them) which women would be labeled insane for doing at the same age.

Like just take collecting dolls (or as insecure men call them, action figures). If a man collects all He-man or Star Wars figures, you see tons of comments jealous of him and praising his dedication, but women collecting Barbie dolls aren’t seen as much better than your typical “crazy cat lady”, and collecting porcelain dolls, well, immedeatly cue all the jokes that she’s a horror movie villain.

Or just take every single Adam Sandler/Seth Rogen movie in existence, and compare to how many comedies there are about women refusing to grow up, being chaotic and destructive and ending up being rewarded for it without undergoing a massive change and penance first.

Bina
1 year ago

I remember being 5, clear as day. I remember how I fell off a teeter-totter one time, and ended up with a red spot in the palm of my hand that stayed there for years (it finally faded in my teens). And I also remember just how childish I thought all those “you better do things my way, or I’ll take my ball and go home” boys in the schoolyard all were.

Yes, migtoes, you’re still all 5 years old in the head. You’ve never outgrown your playground-bully mindset. And you think we women are childish for wanting nothing to do with YOU?

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary
1 year ago

I remember being 5 very clearly, as I was sick and was kept home from nursery school, but my mum had to hide me because my father woukd have gone nuts and probably beaten her up if he’d found me at home. She always had to have an egg on toast and a cup of tea ready for him when he came in for lunch (he worked nearby to where we lived so refused to eat at the factory canteen) and she was always submissive and subservient to him.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

my father would have gone nuts and probably beaten her up

I’m sorry to hear that. It’s tragic. I hope that you’ve been able to come to terms with such awful memories.

Dalillama
Dalillama
1 year ago

I honestly can’t remember being 25, let alone 5…

kupo
kupo

Let’s see

– constantly infantilized
– pain is ignored, brushed off as not that bad, or mocked
– displays of emotion are always treated as a lack of control and never as something someone else may have caused
– no bodily autonomy
– literally treated as property
– have to follow the orders of the bully* at threat of violence even though (because?) you know more than them

Yeah, I see some similarities

*The vast majority of bosses I’ve had have been bullies, and the ones who don’t threaten with physical violence will do so with financial violence

Lainy
Lainy
1 year ago

My grandmother collected porcelain dolls long before it became a massive horror movie thing. She past away when I was 9 and decided to leave them all to me, her only grand daughter. Forgot to mention she had one custome doll made to look like me when I was 7, it has my real red hair made into pigtail braids on it like how I used to wear it. Her dress is made out of one of my old dress and she has bandages on her knees and deep brown eyes like mine. For my grandmother this was a example of her love for me. For me, I now own this doll and it is the creepiest thing ever. I’ve told my fiancé when we buy a house we need an attic with a small little room I can lack them in because I’m pretty sure if it kills me it will take my soul.

kupo
kupo

@Lainy
That is the sweetest, creepiest thing 😄

Lainy
Lainy

@Kupo

I know and I could never part with a single doll but they also creep me the hell out. a bunch of them are in these old Victorian wedding dresses, there is one she gave me to play with when I was a girl that wears a ladies tea outfit. the ones that wear the wedding dresses are in a giant locked class case. it actually has one of those like old fashion keys, my grandma kept it in her jewelry box and not it kind of scares me that she felt the need to lock up some of the dolls.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@Scanisaurus

Where do you see these comments? Because I only see them in sites that are dedicated to toy collecting, from fellow toy collectors. Outside of those, all I’ve ever seen are the usual accusations of being a loser man-child living in his mother’s basement (see The 40-Year-Old Virgin for a classic example).

Or the website that included “has immature hobbies like toy collecting” on a list of “potential abuser red flags” right next to “has ever gotten angry and broken one of your possessions.”

Toy collectors get a ton of flack regardless of their gender, has been my experience. The flack they get is gendered, certainly (basement dwelling serial killer vs. crazy cat lady serial killer), but it’s hardly a hobby respected by the mainstream when men do it.

kupo
kupo

@Allandrel
Are you sure about that? Funko Pop, for example, are extremely mainstream. And the only time I’ve seen anyone make fun of collecting action figures has been self-deprecating humor. Maybe it’s because I’m GenX? Action figures are seen as cool and barbies or polly pockets as vapid and childish.

Lainy
Lainy

@kupo

Yeah but who doesn’t love a good bobble head.

Allandrel
Allandrel

@kupo

I am pretty sure about my lived experience, yes.

I was born in 1979, so I’m on the cusp of GenX/Millennial, and I’ve seen nothing but grief over toy collecting except from other toy collectors. The stereotypes are alive and well.

As for Funko Pop, those are “collectible memorabilia” rather than action figures, which is somehow an important difference in the eyes of the general culture.

(Of course, I don’t understand how mainstream culture insists that this is an important difference, but that those of us distinguishing dolls from action figures are just engaging in semantics because we are insecure.)

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Or how about also that sports and cars are Important Topics of Conversation, while women just gossip about frivolous stuff like friends and kids.

Hobbies, too. Golfing and fishing are Real, knitting and cooking are silly and childish, despite the fact that they’re often done for others.

Oh, and self-care. Going off into the woods for a weekend with buddies is Essential, because men need to relax and unwind from their difficult jobs. Yoga and baths are selfish because they take focus away from serving men, while chocolate is indulgent and bad for the waistline, totally unlike beer and potato chips.

Also definitely not childish: refusing to operate a washing machine, pick up stray socks, send birthday cards, or make a sandwich because that’s “woman’s work”, rather than just everyday stuff you do because you’re a grown-ass adult.

I’m sensing an ironic thought process here: “Activities that I don’t understand are childish.”

Allandrel
Allandrel
1 year ago

I’m sure that they would cite the fact that I’ve been doing my laundry and cooking since I was 12 as the reason for my lack of romantic success. It probably means I’m effeminate.

That’s definitely the thought process that I’ve seen.