alt-right anti-Semitism literal nazis racism Uncategorized vox day

Can you find all the Nazi buzzwords in Vox Day’s recent denunciation of Jewish humor?

Vox Day performing at the Giggle Bunker in Berlin

By David Futrelle

Here’s a fun little challenge! See how many antisemitic buzzwords used by the literal Nazis you can find in this denunciation of Jewish humor from our old pal, racist, woman-hating fantasy author Theodore “Vox Day” Beale!

What passes for Jewish so-called humor isn’t funny at all. I’ve never found Mel Brooks, Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Sarah Silverman, Adam Sandler, Gene Wilder, or Lenny Bruce to be even modestly amusing. Jewish “humor” is nothing more than a degenerate combination of whining, moral and cultural transgressivism, narcissistic posturing, and sexual obsession. It’s so relentlessly stupid that it is borderline retarded. …

The reason that comedy is dying is because it was taken over by subversives, and subversives are intrinsically parasitical in nature. They can’t build, create, or even sustain anything on their own. It’s like trying to maintain the financial sector on the basis of nothing except finance.

I found “degenerate,” “parasitical” and “finance.” Did I miss any? How many did you find?

banned@4chan.org
banned@4chan.org

Hasn’t comedy traditionally been subversive?

Brian M
Brian M

Does serious skepticism about the transformation of the American economy into a shell game of financial speculation make me anti-Semitic? Look at the ongoing retail apocalypse…in almost every case, it is private equity firms swooping in, extracting fees, loading the shell up with debt, then looting and liquidating.

The rest of Vox Day’s bullshit is just that. Antisemitic bullshit. It is not anti-Semitic, however, to be extremely skeptical of the Vampire Squid economy.

Karki
Karki

I may or may not want to know, but which comedians does he find funny?

Alexis Filth

You can include the sexual obsession thing. Nazis loved claiming Jews were sexual deviants IIRC.

Also, why the christ do all these scuzzballs change their names?

Lainy
Lainy

@Alexis Filth

Didn’t the Nazi’s use sexual torture a lot? Or am I thinking of something else?

Wannabikkit
Wannabikkit

Huh. The man has no taste. IMHO, Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies ever.

Alex
Alex

Sexual deviance and that very subtle reference to finance, as we’re all rolling in Jew Gold, you know. Narcissism, because we’re the Chosen People and thus think we’re superior to everyone else. Whining, especially for Jewish women, because Jewish women are supposed to be nagging, relentless bitches who are only interested in money and plastic surgery (see: narcissism). And not just parasitical, but the idea that Jews can’t create anything of our own, we just steal and warp Teh Brilliance of White Western Males. Cultural transgression, because we pollute the racial and cultural purity of white society.

When you’ve been treated like a dog your whole life, you know how to hear those whistles, loud and clear.

And all this the day before Pesach starts, no less. What a gift Pox Day is, truly. Maybe he ought to be on the list of plagues for our seder this year…

Leum
Leum

Brian M:

While it’s quite right to be skeptical of finance, antisemites frequently believe that “the Jews” are in complete control of the financial sector and essentially run the world’s economy for our own benefit. For the record, we don’t; Haredei Jews in America (the ones who are most obviously Jewish to random passers-by) are among our nation’s poorest demographics.

Ichthyic
Ichthyic

Subversive
degenerate
so-called
target in “scare quotes”
transgressive

bingo!

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies ever.

Also the Inquisition number from The History of the World Part I.

Aaron
Aaron

There’s sort of a weak stereotype of Jewish women as lustful temptresses, so maybe “sexual obsession” qualifies. Also “subversives” as a noun.

I think that’s it. Vox is becoming a boring tryhard. I think he misses his glory days as a Hugo-Award-wrecker.

Ari
Ari

He’s degenerating in a certain sense. The Alt-Right people see a very short timeline for their ideas to be implemented. They kind of know their window of time is small, and that causes a lot of mental strain in my opinion.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I may or may not want to know, but which comedians does he find funny?

Probably Dennis Miller or something.

I’m more of a Young Frankenstein person, myself.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

Omg but SPACEBALLS and men in tights!!!!!

I need to rewatch high an….xiety! Again. I’m not a huge hitchcock fan, so i think i just didn’t get it.

Also, i would like to rewatch silent movie.

Oh and i did love To Be Or Not To Be.

And the wedding singer from adam sandler, though i’m sure there will be bits that i rewatch and go ‘ummmmmm’???

Also, Gene Wilder?? Really??

comment image

Wannabikkit
Wannabikkit

I’m more of a Young Frankenstein person, myself.

That’s another of my favourites. 🙂

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

The evil jewish comedians are bankrupting the comedy sector. We need a stimulus package stat says Vox Day.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Whenever I’m depressed, I read Vox Day to remind myself how powerful we Jews are. But to all those world controlling Jews, where is my part of the action?!

Dalillama
Dalillama

Is it just me, or are Sandler and Sliverman the only vaguely current figures on that list? Half those comedians are dead, and the other half peaked 15-30 years ago. This is a chronic thing with nazis, whenever they rail against the supposed evils of the media, the media in question is wildly out of date.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

The reason that comedy is dying is because it was taken over by subversives

As long as sentences like this exist, comedy will never die.

I may or may not want to know, but which comedians does he find funny?

I’m guessing Carrot Top, Dane Cook, and “Man Getting Hit In Crotch With Football”.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Put me down for ten bucks on Andrew Dice Clay.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

There’s no open thread, so I’ll throw this request for elucidation here. I was reading an interview with Chloë Grace Moretz in which there’s mention of

a prank when she was 16 – someone left cutlets in her trailer – that led her to consider getting breast implants

I’m not always very good at working out how ridiculous gendered “jokes” work, and I’m not quire managing to parse this one, in that I don’t quite get the link between the “prank” and her reaction. Do the cutlets somehow imply that her breasts are as flat as they are? If so, how are you supposed to reach that interpretation? I mean, how do you make the leap from cutlets to breasts? Or do we have to assume there was some context, with people telling her she was small-chested often enough that the cutlets were clearly referring to that?

Seriously, I’m too baffled to even work up the energy to be outraged at someone doing that to a 16-year-old (or anyone). Assuming I’m interpreting it right, I don’t know what’s worse — that someone came up with such a bizarre idea of a prank or the fact it was successful.

Silky
Silky

@Rabid Rabbit

Cutlets are an informal way of referring to soft, removable breast “implants” that you can put on for a more ample bosom.

Fujimoto
Fujimoto

I don’t know if Vox considers himself part of it, but he has a number of writing friends who call themselves the “superversive movement” in opposition to all the subversion they think is ruining fiction. They’ve written a lot of articles on what that means (mostly right-wing, religious, anti-feminist, square-jawed heroics), but the media they claim is superversive reaches a point where it’s just “this is what I like.” I mean, I’ve seen someone on Vox’s Castalia Press claim Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events program is superversive when the books were all about subverting children’s literature.

All the superverse guys tend to sound like this, although they usually try not to sound this antisemetic.

Pie
Pie

@Fujimoto

writing friends who call themselves the “superversive movement” in opposition to all the subversion they think is ruining fiction. They’ve written a lot of articles…

I guess writing actual books that are better than the ones they’re complaining about is too hard, or something.

reggie, the neighbour's cat and rare mutant
reggie, the neighbour's cat and rare mutant

@Rabid Rabbit

Cutlets (or chicken fillets) is the term for bra inserts to make your boobs look bigger. So someone left fake tits in her trailer, hence considering implants.

Roland

What comedy does he like?

Cindy
Cindy

@Buttercup
Hey, don’t talk shit about Man Getting Hit By Football! It works on so many levels!

Not familiar with Carrot Top and Dane Cook – are they bigoted assholes? Or just plain not funny?

Moggie
Moggie

@Brian M:

If one were writing about the economy, sure. But this was a piece about comedy. The analogy about the finance sector was not a natural fit. It was clumsily shoe-horned in there, so why do you think he chose that particular analogy?

Zatar
Zatar

I like how he talks about Jewish humor as a monolith then lists a bunch of comedians with fairly different senses of humor mostly linked only in the fact that they are Jewish.

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Rabid Rabbit
In this context, I think cutlets might be referring to breast pads. They’re called cutlets cause they kinda look like chicken cutlets, and it makes more sense that they’d be in a Hollywood setting, and that the target would link them to being “small-breasted”.

Fujimoto
Fujimoto

@ Pie

Ha! Unfortunately, some of them do try to write, such as the anthology Forbidden Thoughts.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Silky, reggie, Bakunin

Thank you. That makes a great deal more sense. I was quite unaware of that meaning of the word.

I suppose that if I’d thought a bit harder about it, the fact she didn’t specify what type of meat the cutlets were might have made me think to look the word up. I did wonder about the smell…

doethreetwoone
doethreetwoone

Is it weird that I’m vaguely (and vicariously) insulted that Vox didn’t include Jon Stewart in his list?

Onager
Onager

@Karki

which comedians does he find funny?

2006-era Michael Richards?
Bernard Manning?
Jim Davidson?

dashapants
dashapants

Mel Brooks? Gene Wilder? Theo’s comedy sense is broken. Also, how did Woody Allen not make the list?

Moggie
Moggie

Nazis dislike Jewish comics who punch up. No surprise there.

Here’s a piece about Kurt Tucholsky in the NYT: Giving a Satirist of the Third Reich the Last Laugh. Tucholsky was an influential journalist and satirist in Weimar Germany, who warned about the rise of Nazism, and was an early victim of their censorship. The end of the article is poignant:

After taking power in 1933, the Nazis burned Tucholsky’s books and stripped him of his citizenship. When the Institute for the Study of the Jewish Question published “The Jews in Germany” in 1935, Tucholsky rated 23 pages, more than any other writer. That year, living in exile in Sweden, he took a fatal overdose of drugs, despondent over the collapse of democracy and his own lot, at 45.

“I am slowly going crazy from reading how I have ruined Germany,” he wrote to a friend. “For 20 years, I have been pained by one thing — that I have not been able to succeed in removing one policeman from his post.”

So maybe VD and his ilk should take heart. While “degenerate” and “subversive” comics might appear to be thorns in the side of authoritarian regimes, it’s not clear from history that this does much to brake their progress.

Drungarios
Drungarios

@Fujimoto

So I read up on the Superversive movement, and what qualifies as Superversive, and, uh, you guys want Tolkien. Like, that’s basically what they’re angling at. Not that there’s anything wrong with that! I personally love Tolkien and his ilk. But let’s not pretend “superversive” (i.e. epic fantasy and prose) is some new much-needed genre. There’s still a plethora of it out there, I promise you.

mildlymagnificent
mildlymagnificent

Blazing Saddles is one of the funniest movies ever.

Yes. One of them.

Personally, I’d rank it at not quite the level of The Producers.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

I would suggest that this quote characterizes every mainstream white male comic I’ve heard for three decades.

I’m really not a fan of comedy, at least not mainstream comedy. I do like comedians who punch up, tho.

I have an interesting relationship with Blazing Saddles… I saw it at the drive-in when it was new, laughed till I cried. Saw it again a couple years ago at the oldies theater… it seemed to be a monument to jokes that are only funny once….

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@Buttercup, Cindy:

George C. Scott was a genius!

personalpest
personalpest

@Aaron:

I think he misses his glory days as a Hugo-Award-wrecker.

Good point. The Manosphere movement has been around long enough that it’s spawned a whole bunch of has-beens: Vox, Roosh, Milo, Paul Elam, Aurini & Owen, and probably others I can’t remember. Once prominent, they’ve all either vanished from the scene or are still piddling around on the margins, pathetically scrambling to regain their relevance.

Eldridge the Cleaver
Eldridge the Cleaver

Vox Day is the quintessential example of a political anti-semite, namely a mediocre middle-class white guy with way too much time on his hands that can’t seem to accept his mediocrity.

Actual writers that have succeeded (Scalzi, Martin, Jemisin, etc.) don’t generally spend hours upon hours a day ranting about how Jews are demeaning them. They actually work and produce real stuff.

Lyndon B. Johnson’s quote about the very best coloured man is applicable to Voxie.

Professor Fate
Professor Fate

Rather surprised he left the Marx Brothers off his list or perhaps doesn’t he watch Black and White movies. Still it’s an uncountable lapse of bad taste.

Crip Dyke
Crip Dyke

Wait:
Whining?
Transgressing moral and cultural norms just to be seen transgressing them?
Narcissistic posturing?
Sexual obsession?

I know that he’s referencing some specific Jews by name, but isn’t this the entire schtick of shock jocks like Howard Stern? Why didn’t he start and end his list with Stern? Let me guess: that’s the one Jew whose jokes he likes.

anonymous
anonymous

They seem to think the *subject matter* is what makes fiction good – that writing about epic space battles between galactic empires is *better* than writing about one man’s life, or about what one woman thinks during a visit to the hospital to see her boyfriend. Their mental age, as far as literature is concerned, seems about 14.

Aaron
Aaron

They actually work and produce real stuff.

I mean, Beale does regularly publish books. I doubt they’re particularly good (though honesty compels me to admit that I’ve obviously never read any of them), and he doesn’t appear to sell all that many, but I’ll give him credit for being a fairly productive person.

He’s a weird guy. I suspect he would be considerably more successful if he wasn’t such a repulsive personality.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

“… Lord, give me the mediocrity of a mediocre white guy”

Scanisaurus
Scanisaurus

I’ll go out and say it, I don’t find Adam Sandler movies funny either, but that’s exactly because he stopped trying to be subversive and relied on the same tired and demeaning stereotypes in all of his movies. Though you’d think these types would like movies that glorify a guy acting like an obnoxious manbaby yet still always lives a luxurious lifestyle and gets rewarded with a hot woman at the end of the movie.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Scanisaurus – well, in fairness to Sandler, that seems to be the story of many Hollywood celebrities in real life….

Seriously, though, no fan of Sandler, but at least the man-child who gets the girl and the money inevitably turns out to be only *superficially* a jerk, and underneath it a decent person.

Unlike incels, who might look like misogynistic jerks b/c they are.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Silky, reggie, Bakunin-thanks for that information, I was confused as well. I literally thought they put lamb cutlets in her locker! I was thinking, why would anyone do that and how would that lead to her getting breast implants? Now that I know what they are, I know how cruel that ‘prank’ was. That poor girl. 😕