a voice for men alt-right andrew anglin chris cantwell cuck cuckolding daily stormer entitled babies hypergamy literal nazis men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny MRA oppressed white men paul elam racism

Check out my piece for NBC News on how the most toxic beliefs of MRAs have seeped into the alt-right

Christopher Cantwell, Men’s Rights Activist turned Neo-Nazi, showing off one of the guns he brought to Charlottesville to a reporter from Vice

By David Futrelle

I‘ve got a piece up today at NBC News THINK explaining how one of the most toxic ideas popularized by the Men’s Rights movement has helped to fuel the hateful ideology of the alt-right.

Specifically, I look at the way the misogynistic notion of “hypergamy” — as defined by a white nationalist, popularized by Men’s Rights Activists, MGTOWs and “Red Pillers” generally, then fed back to the right — underlies the alt-right’s obsession with, and insecurities about, “cucking,” both on a personal and cultural level, which the alt-right weaponizes in its attacks on immigrants. Misogyny feeds into racism, and vice versa.

From the article:

This fear of female sexual “disloyalty” has its roots in the notion of “hypergamy,” a discredited evolutionary psychology theory promulgated by Men’s Rights Activists and similar anti-woman communities convinced that women are biologically wired to abandon loyal “beta males” as soon as an alpha walks by. Men’s Rights Activist Paul Elam several years ago wrote that it drives “women outside their marriages for more sexually exciting adventures … with physically superior male specimens” who can provide both better sex and more masculine genes for her offspring. Elam, like many other proponents of the spurious theory, is convinced that a huge percentage of married men are unknowingly raising children that aren’t their own. (Multiple studies, meanwhile, suggest the actual number is around 1 or 2 percent and has been for hundreds of years.)

“Alt-rightists” have taken [this] notion one step further, attacking white women not only for allegedly cuckolding their husbands but also for cuckolding their race by dating and having children with non-white men. In a 2015 post on The Daily Stormer, neo-Nazi polemicist Andrew Anglin denounced what he called “the greasiest cuckolding of all,” declaring, in all seriousness, that “[t]he White European female’s craving for Black d— threatens to collapse civilization itself.”

There’s a lot more to the piece, but that’s the key argument. You can read it here.

The piece has already inspired some deep thought and introspection among right-wingers.

TruthSpeech
‏

@TruthSpeech1
 1h1 hour ago
Replying to @DavidFutrelle
lets get this straight,  David wrote an article claiming that women find him irresistible because he hates his own race & his gender, and lacks self  confidence... BUT dave claims that women find him IRRESISTIBLE lmao
#altright #whitegenocide

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
1 year ago

Maybe it’s one of those quantum mechanics things; where he can be both simultaneously.

Another devotee of the semicolon. Judging from the British novels I’ve read, all Brits are.

David is just cats in an overcoat after all.

He’s cats? Then of course he’s irresistible to women, not to mention irresistible to women.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Alan Robertshaw wrote:

David is just cats in an overcoat after all.

I, for one, welcome our new cat-filled overcoat…

Onager
Onager

@Incelsior

Top marks on the name, everything else you posted… not so much.

Now you can’t claim you haven’t seen it, even though you will. Reality is gradually revealing itself to be in league with the incels, and (therefore) the enemy of SJWs and neutered white knights such as yourself.

Leaving aside the fact that reality doesn’t play favourites, I’m pretty sure the article doesn’t support your views. I don’t think anyone was arguing that young people, especially men, weren’t having less sex as it has been the focus of numerous articles over the last few years. The point of difference is down to the cause and most incels/MRAs/MGTOWers would explain this trend by throwing out terms like alpha/beta, cock carousel, etc., etc. ad nauseam. Meanwhile back in the real world the article, rightly, says this is down to complex socio-economic factors like employment, home ownership and the like.* I doubt it is any coincidence that the gap between young men and women not having sex diverges after the financial crisis. This is a genuine issue and it must be unpleasant being stuck in this rut – I imagine if I was 20 years younger I’d be right there too. However, the answer isn’t to wallow in it and blame others as that’s a toxic pit that isn’t easy to climb out of. There is no easy solution but you’d imagine true men’s rights advocates would work on helping young men become self-reliant and focus on self-improvement. It might not get you more sex but I doubt it’d get you less and it’d make you happier.

* I’ve seen other studies that show young people are drinking less and not taking as many drugs. I have certainly noticed my “luck” has gone downhill since getting sober but that was partly because I was using it as a crutch in social situations and I’ve had to undergo a period of self-reflection. This has left me in a much better place but it wasn’t quick or easy. I’m not sure if I’m arguing for: a) drink more or b) know thyself but skip to the latter, it’ll save time in the long run.

1 year ago

I disagree that the concept of “hypergamy” is discredited. Women are picky; they want quality instead of quantity. Women choose partners who are older, taller, richer. As women have grown financially independent, they are exercising their freedom to choose men who are hotter. This makes it more expensive for ugly men to buy their way to sex. Mens’ complaint is not hypergamy itself, but that current expression of hypergamy is not directed at me!

Men have responded by reducing work and school, and becoming slacker pick-up artists, house husbands, or MGTOW’s who forsake women in favor of video games.

@KL

Picky? No. Have standards yes. I’m not gonna sleep or date someone if the experience isn’t enjoyable to me. I have one life. I’m not going to waste it being miserable and having boring horrible sex with some dope who doesn’t know a clit from a nipple and wouldn’t bother to learn. And yes I like tall men with muscles, but the men I’ve been with like pretty women with bigger breast as well which is a category I fall into. There is nothing wrong with having a standard or preferences. Also most young woman doesn’t give a shit about money. We make our own and the men we date are probably just as broke as we are. Your spewing bullshit. I hope you know that.

@kl

Also if men really want sex that badly they could have it if they stopped being so picky. Sleep with a dude once in a while if you want it that bad. You have options just because they aren’t appealing to you doesn’t mean they aren’t options. Suck it up and get on your knees for a chance if you want it so badly

(Note to everyone else. this is totally a sarcasm on how stupid these fuck wanks normally sound. I am well aware people can’t just change their sexuality and what not)

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

KL wrote:

The concept of hypergamy as fundamental to all women — which is what the manosphereians claim — is discredited. Completely.

This doesn’t mean that no women are interested in “marrying up”; there are a subset of human beings (including men! Shocker!) who value social status, financial wealth, and/or physical beauty above all other considerations in their mates. But I know for a fact, both from observation and personal experience, that hypergamy as a universal trait among women is utter bullshit.

Take me, for example. I’ve been married for 20 years to an amazing woman who could very easily have dumped my fat, ugly ass for someone hotter, richer, or higher class on many occasions. For the last 12 years (ever since she got her tenure-track position), she’s been making almost twice as much money as me. In her field, she regularly meets men who are more traditionally successful than I am (not to mention more traditionally handsome), a couple of whom have made their interest in her unmistakably clear.

She’s still happily married to me.

So much for hypergamy.

Edited to add: I just noticed that you lumped “house husbands” in with MGTOWs and PUAs. What the actual fuck?

Do you…understand words?

@Gaebolga

I’m sure your not ugly and even if you are that doesn’t mean that you aren’t worthy of love. One person unattractive is another person beautiful. For example I don’t find blonde hair very attractive. But to a lot of people blonde hair is a very beautiful feature to have. A personality is really a beautiful thing. There are some people that are so beautiful on the inside, that their personality just becomes their whole face once you get to know them and they turn into the most beautiful thing they have ever seen. I’m sorry, as someone who struggled with body issues and has many loved ones that struggle as well, I hate to see people speak badly about themselves.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@Lainy

Thanks for the kind words; I appreciate them. From what I’ve seen so far on this site, you’re a very good person, and the world needs more of you around.

I was mainly describing myself as any standard manoshpereian would see me; any redpillock or incel who saw a picture of my wife and I would be deeply, deeply confused and probably assume I was obscenely wealthy. But it’s certainly true that I’ve never liked my physical appearance. I don’t have the facial look or body type that I find attractive in men and never have, so I kind of gave up on that aspect of myself back in my twenties. As a teenager, I thought I was fat because I wasn’t cut…even though I was taking karate twice a week, aerobics three times a week, fencing twice a week, kendo twice a week, and I was walking literally everywhere (since I didn’t get a car until after high school and I was a social misfit). I was in excellent shape back then, but it didn’t matter; I still despised the way I looked (even though I could still see my feet ;)).

Funny thing, though: I didn’t use my own self-worth issues as an excuse to treat other people like crap. It’s kind of amazing how much better my life has been because I try to be decent to the people around me.

Why, it’s almost like there’s a lesson in there somewhere….

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
1 year ago

WTF @KL, let me break this down.

Going to need some stats on this one. I’m pretty sure that ‘women now having a choice on if/when/who they want to marry, rather than being forced by society to marry someone or be a spinster’ might have more to do with women ‘being picky’.

…. What? It means they can choose men they *like*, for whatever reason. It isn’t based solely on looks, I would hope it was based on compatability. Is their partner also their friend? Do they enjoy spending time together? That’s I think what people most want.

This makes it more expensive for ugly men to buy their way to sex.

Are you saying that now men need to shower women in riches, so they will choose them? Again, going to need some studies to back this up.

comment image

????? Okay, if your logic was sound (it isn’t), wouldn’t men be working harder, to make more $$$, so that women would marry them and then give them sex?

Also, wtf with lumping ‘house husbands’ in there. That’s not cool. Men who stay at home to take care of the household are as valued as women who do the same, and throwing the men under the bus REALLY shows how you feel about the women.

Also, you can both like women/relationships AND video games.

Nanny Oggs Bosom
Nanny Oggs Bosom
1 year ago

Is KL taking the piss, because that last paragraph sounds too ‘sarcastic’ for a real incel/Miggy etc?

Not that it matters.

Keep up the good work, David.

Scanisaurus
Scanisaurus
1 year ago

I just wanted to say that it was a great article, however, it’s both sad and frightening that far too many mainstream news still don’t want to acknowledge the link between the alt-right and misogyny, or for that matter, the link between large groups of people saying misogynistic things and real violence against women and men not deemed “masculine” enough.

Prove otherwise.
Prove otherwise.
1 year ago

Methinks that Incelsior’s point is that lower percent of women report having a sex drought than men, which proves that women are all having sex with the same guy, because obviously women can only have sex with men, and can only define sex in the exact same way that men do, and etc. Obviously.

But I think the blackpill nuke here is that it proves that incels such as Incelsior are so repugnant that they turn women gay. (I mean, isn’t that how women turn gay-a man does it? Surely women can’t have thoughts or feelings outside of what a man does. I heard that women literally disappear like ghosts of air if a man isn’t there to see her.)

Prove otherwise.

1 year ago

@Rhuu. Men could try to work harder and earn more, but strident sexy women like @Lainy are no longer destitute enough to barter sex for a meal.

So now, connivers like @Gaebolga quit their jobs and get fit to attract rich ladies.

Or guys who can no longer compete just go MGTOW. Why don’t we ever hear about David Futrelle’s girlfriends!?

Finally, male rock stars, millionaires, and politicians routinely sleep with loads of vapid, broke women. It is called The Coolidge Effect. The reverse is rare. Men lack hypergamy.

Makroth
Makroth

@KL

Just because that’s something YOU would do does not mean it’s what Gaebolga did.

kupo
kupo

@KL

comment image

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Does any dude who uses the word “hypergamy” know what that word actually means?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

And isn’t just amazing that for as far back as I can remember, the narrative was that slutty, slutty women were having indiscriminate sex with lots of guys. Girls were being corrupted at a young age because they were being pressured into performing sex acts to earn colored bracelets! Oh noes!

Until a few young men committed acts of mass murder and cited sexual frustration. No all of a sudden there’s a no one can get laid crisis.

Either way, it’s always women’s fault that western civilization is collapsing.

I wish KL, or some other sad boner troll would instead of ranting about women are doing wrong would instead lay out in clear terms exactly what we should be doing. What’s the magic formula that would allow all men too get laid but without women being disgustingly ruined sluts. What’s the ideal world here?

1 year ago

@Lainy are no longer destitute enough to barter sex for a meal.

No I fuck because it feels good and I found a man who likes to do the kind of fucking I like to do. I like to picture incels and their creepy little men like you running out screaming the second I show even 5 percent of my kinky side. You can’t handle sex with a woman that actually knows what she wants. You want her to lie there for how ever long it takes you to masturbate using her body but she actually wants to feel good so women don’t subscribe to your shitty idea of sex and companionship.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss
1 year ago

No (s)expert, but I’m pretty sure someone having sex with you because they really, really WANT to would be a heck of a lot more enjoyable than someone having sex with you because they really, really need food*.

I’m not sure why KL is acting like the second case should somehow be preferable.

Actually, that whole bit of his comment creepily directed at Rhuu and using Lainy as a prop is kinda really disgusting. And Ew.

So much ew. All my ew.

Dude, if you don’t have anyone who wants to marry you, I’m pretty sure I know what your problem is.

Hint: it is not hypergamy.

*For any decent person, I’m pretty sure NO sex would be preferable to I-Need-Food sex. If for some reason you disagree with this premise and would prefer to have sex with someone ONLY having sex out of desire to not starve: you are a terrible person and should probably stay far away from all other people.

@Contrapangloss

I find it creepy that he called me sexy when he knows nothing of what I look like. In the past threads I have mentioned that I am 20 years old, thin and short, and have red hair. Young and small is apparently this guys definition of sexy. He also talked about me like I’m an object that should be given to people. Not flesh and blood with feelings, desires, and passion just like everyone else. Dudes a major creeper and supper sus.

1 year ago

@WWTH: Many commenters here are easily triggered by mild parody that does not cross the threshold of trolling. I’ll address your sincere question.

First, incels’ complaint is not that women are having too much sex. They are just having sex with everyone but me.

I appreciate why this blog attracts commenters who are sensitive to misogyny. But there is a lack of understanding and empathy for the male perspective. Male wages have fallen. While mens’ labor force participation has declined, it still exceeds womens’. But men still deal with sexist expectations of career success. Men are disproportionate victims of violence, including suicide.

1 year ago

@WWTH, continued: So a lot of disenfranchised men are unhappy. Read Houllebecq’s “Whatever” about the hopeless plight of incels. In this condition, there is still the sexist equilibrium that men are expected to initiate the search costs of courtship, endure rejection, and of course, pay for it. Technology has enabled women to flirt with more men, and raised their standards. But the average woman still only gets the average man. Meanwhile, the average man must launch a long, costly, frustrating search just to get his equal. Naturally men reduce their investment, and broaden their search. Hello Tinder!

1 year ago

@WWRH cont.: in this bad equilibrium, a few hot men succeed disproportionately, and there is a rising fraction of men reporting no sex. Most women are unaware of the amount of rejection, flakiness, dinner whores, and abuse that the average man must endure to get a reasonable partner and avoid incelibacy.

You can avoid stringinging men along. Do not encourage misguided suitors. Make it clear that you have no interest, and then block them. And discourage sexist, gynocentric expectations of men.

P.S.: I remember our host uncritically repeating Jezebel libel calling someone a literal rapist. Misandry and misogyny coexist.

Makroth
Makroth

@KL

Ah. That was parody, was it? Was that why it sounded exactly like something a mramigpuacel would say? Was that why it was lacking any exagerations or absurdity (it’s far less absurd and funny when that is what they actually believe)?

Truth is, you just suck at parodying their beliefs. Please, have some respect for the art of parody.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

Prove otherwise.,

“If a woman masturbates in the forest, and there’s no man around to see it, does she still make a porn-like orgasm sound?”

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

KL you claim to parody incels and then go on to repeat all their talking points.

Dude, that’s not how parody works.

Also, only having sex with people you’re attracted to is not hypergamy. The survival sex and marriage you’re so keen on bringing back, that’s what encourages actual hypergamy.

I’m super confused about one thing. How us it that average women can only get average men but average men can’t get average women. That makes no sense!

I’m also wondering how stringing someone along is defined. Because breaking up with someone because the relationship isn’t working, being friends with someone but declining a romantic and using a soft no to turn down a man are all things that are not the same as deliberately stringing along a man. What’s gynocentricexpectations? Do you mean men paying for dates? Because I thought you wanted women to be unable to financially support ourselves so that we have to be with men we don’t like and aren’t attracted to? You can’t have it both ways.

Another thing, the financial issues mentioned are happening to nearly everyone. Because capitalism is failing. Yet it’s straight white men doing the vast majority of the rage violence. Turning back the clock on women’s rights is not going to make men healthier and happier, it’s only going to provide a punching bag for angry white men.

Lastly, fuck the male perspective.* The male perspective is everywhere. We know it well. No need to consider the needs of misogynists.

* The anti-woman perspective, which is what he really means.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
1 year ago

Apparently, average men can only date mean women.

(sorry)

contrapangloss
contrapangloss

@Lumipuna:

That is excellent. No being sorry for awesome stats puns. It nearly brought me to tears of laughter, and the dog is giving me funny looks.

Best way to start the morning! 🙂

@Lainy: Yep. Very creepy.

@KL

Your right i don’t care if 90 percent of the male population dies virgins having never even been kiss. None of them have rights to some one bodies. Thinking other wises is a rapist point of view you absolute fuck wank

Aslo KL

Go crawl back into what ever slime sewer pit you crawled out of. Your disgusting to think you should be allowed to uses someone else body for your pleasure because they need food and that you deserve this because of “hurt feelings”. I’ve been assaulted by one of your little “poor I’ve been rejected and not laid” type of guys. I will have to cary those scars with me for the rest of my life. I’ve talked with kids both male and female who have had more pain in their short lives then you have had in your entire life. If your biggest problem is no one wants to be with you or touch your penis you can get out of this thread right now, you wank. Come back with you’ve grown some real problems. No one wants to hear you complain about minor stuff that everyone single person that lives into puberty has to deal with.

cornychips
cornychips

Tl;dr Kl

WHAT ABOUT TEH MENZZZZZZ!!!!

kupo
kupo

@Lumipuna
I snorted.

1 year ago

I wish one of these asshats could give me a reason that I would even want to sleep with a guy I’m not attracted to. What am I getting out of it. Why would I be with someone that when I look at them I have the same sexual attraction to a peice of toast.

1 year ago

@WWTH: “sex with people you’re attracted to is not hypergamy.”

It is indeed hypergamy if you are only attracted to rich and famous. But incels’ complaint is not hypergamy; it is that economic liberation has raised the price of cheap women.

You can’t change hypergamous attraction any more than you can change attraction to youth, or dog’s attraction to fire hydrants. Hypergamy is even good, since it encourages hard work. Too bad so many men are attracted by superficial qualities.

I’m sorry to hear of @Lainy’s assault. My wife and multiple girlfriends were also victims, mostly by men. But I do not dismiss the perspective of all men or all lesbians just because someone hurt my beloved partners.

If you care about failure of capitalism to meet people’s material needs, then you should also care about fulfillment of emotional needs. Loneliness is an important problem in young men, women, or elderly.
Marriage rates are down, and celibacy is up. Remember, most of Elliot Rodger’s fatal victims were men!

@KL

Go fuck your self and keep your half ass apologies to yourself. Also who the fuck cares about marriage rates. Who the fuck cares about celibacy. these are issues. Your responsible for your own loneliness, not society. So fix it your fucking self. Even if you are lonely it doesn’t justify hurting people. CELIBACY IS NOT AN ISSUE. SOMEONE NOT TOUCHING YOU ISN’T AN ISSUE! Incels can go rot in a pit for all I care.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
1 year ago

Y’all, I’m pretty done with KL. Using a reply to me to be super creepy to Lainy is just terrible.

Lainy, I’m sorry if you felt grossed out by that, I didn’t see it before now to comment on it.

Going to email David.

@rhuu

Unfortunately you get uses to it with creeps like this. I’m just a pretty little woman so obviously creeps think they can talk to me any way they like. I get refured to as a prop all the time. Notice he’s not even speaking directly to me. He talks to everyone else and uses me as a prop in his topic. I figured this would happy when I used my name with how female sounding it sounds.

KL

Even when apologies about my rape you can’t fucking adress me? You can’t say
@Lainy I’m sorry that happened to you. No you said I’m sorry to here about lainy’s assault like your apologising to everyone else? Like I’m a pet that doesn’t understand something bad happened to me so you apologise to the owner like I’m sorry about your cat cancer? Are you fucking sierous breh.

@david

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

Thank you, David.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss
1 year ago

KL has yet to say anything to dispel my assessment of them of an awful person.

Cheap women? Cheap women? Where do you go to pick up cheap women? Is there a discount bin at K-mart? What makes them cheap? Did they cut off about 50% of the functionality of “ExpensiveWomenTM” models, and use reduced strength materials too reduce shipping weight?

Seriously, dude, women are not products where you can tally up every bit of their life history and settle on an appropriate price for relationship-having. They are humans.

It’s not that complicated.

And I still find your whole “but if only women were poor we wouldn’t have incels” absolutely repugnant. See earlier post about terrible human beings. Also, a bit pathetic.

Because, honestly, if incels really have such a low opinion of their own personalities that they would be willing to settle for a relationship where they feel the other person doesn’t actually have any genuine emotional investment and interest, and their partner ONLY has anything to do with them as a survival mechanism…

… any relationship they’ll ever have is going to be the most unfulfilling relationship imaginable, for both parties. I can’t see why any incel would actually WANT to be in a relationship where they know they’re not actually loved, or even liked, and are literally just being used as an economic buffer.

You know, unless they’re just really terrible people who don’t actually care about relationships, just about themselves and having power over another person.

Note: In the unfulfilling relationship described above, I am still solidly on the side of the “Person Who Wants To Live/Eat Food” I may think it’s awful to be in a relationship with someone who doesn’t care about you, but it’s even WORSE to be trapped because you just want to survive.

contrapangloss
contrapangloss
1 year ago

Ninja’d by David with the ban-hammer. Thanks, David!

kupo
kupo

Thank you, David!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Oh look, troll just told on himself for being a creepy predator.

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

He spent the one part of the thread where he said he’s upset that he can’t force a sexy, loud, 20 year old (me) to have sex in him for exchange for food. He already showed that.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

True. I meant more predator as in predator of underage girls.

You Did NOT Just Say that
You Did NOT Just Say that

@KL

The reason incels have a problem finding women to date is they are explicitly assholes – they publicly say they will hurt/kill women who will not date them. And there are enough cases women take the threat seriously. If I walked up to you (I’m male) and demanded sex, and will hurt/kill you if you say no, I suspect you would fight back in whatever method you can – including running away.

I had a lot of success dating when I was single. I am coming back to dating because I am now single && I expect the same response – why? I treat women as people, not sex objects. I do not *expect* sex. And if/when we do have sex, I work hard to make it enjoyable for her. I make sure she gets off before I do. Pretty simple. I had several long-term girlfriends before I got married.

So – pretty simple rules. Don’t be a dick. Treat her like a person. Use protection for both STDs and don’t get her pregnant. Make it good for her. Pretty sad that incels are so bitter and clueless they cannot understand something pretty simple.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes
1 year ago

Jeeby creeby, I missed a fun one.

Dood is all “incels are a problem because they can’t afford to just buy women anymore” and can’t understand the pushback. Perhaps it’s ’cause women are done being treated as objects available for purchase, dood. If that bothers you, too heckin’ bad.

Work is busy you guyse! Hope you’re all doing well.