grandiosity men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny npc reddit

Far freakin out! MGTOW Timothy Leary gets high on his own misogyny

By David Futrelle

So it was a normal day on the Men Going Their Own Way, just a bunch of lady-obsessed, lady-hating dudes hanging out and talking about how they don’t even see women as attractive anymore, how do you like them apples, ladies?

Then one fella dropped in from some sort of MGTOW astral plane to offer his, er, perspective:

Iamverydrunknow 39 points 1 year ago
I totally agree OP. I'm starting to feel detached from the species, in that I really am starting to see everything in society as animal interactions: pathetic attempts to display fertility, dominance struggles, insecurities and neediness. I dont even know what im trying to describe here. Its like i fell through the floor of a game and am waist deep in the ground. I can see under and i can see over. The npcs keep on truckin and fuckin but i dont feel it anymore.

Damn, dude. If you didn’t just eat, like, a pound of peyote, you should probably talk to someone about this — and I don’t mean other MGTOWs. Because if you’re not just bullshitting here, I’m pretty sure something is misfiring in your brain there.

Either that or you’ve just attained enlightenment, and enlightenment actually sucks.

Lynn
Lynn

(willfully pursues a course of deliberate alienation from others)

(winds up alienated from others)

Ichthyic
Ichthyic

^^this.

Mrs. Obed Marsh
Mrs. Obed Marsh

Baby’s First Existential Nihilism

kupo
kupo

Are his eyeballs in his waist or…?

Mels
Mels

I was deeply confused at first, because I read the title as revealing Timothy Leary, the real one, to be a mgtow.

Anyway, as someone, who experiences a buttload of dissociation issues, his “fell through the floor, watching, nothing is real” sounds a hell of a lot like derealization & depersonalization symptoms. Just, you know, influenced by his festering misogyny.

Since dissociation is linked with anxiety, I guess it’s not surprising that a dude who’s terrified of roughly half of all humans could start dissociating.

(This is not a diagnosis or excuse btw. I just recognized his description immediately, minus the typical mgtow nastiness.)

numerobis
numerobis

Something tells me the poster might be very drunk at the moment they wrote their post.

Something… like their username.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

Sounds like he’s mentally compromised by drugs and/or lack of sleep

S. P.
S. P.

It’s all in the hit new book “Superman 64 and Cosmic Awareness: How to Noclip Your Way to Enlightenment”! Available wherever fine despair is sold!

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Lynn

(willfully pursues a course of deliberate alienation from others)

(winds up alienated from others)

This is an unexpected turn of events.

FGETC

This morning when I got my coffee, I tried to signal my fertility aggressively at the barista, but he dominated me with his superior coffee making skills.
Because that’s how life works. /s

dashapants
dashapants

Eh, as I often remind my brother, who has legit mental issues, whenever he goes on a “we are living in an indifferent mechanistic animal world!!!” diatribe – humans make art. It’s not all just eating, sleeping, fucking, and fighting. On a deserted island devoid of other humans and populated by snakes, a human will still make art. Why? For art’s sake.

Totally pointless endeavor, but we do it because we like it. A lot. Creative drive within human beings cannot be dismissed. They’ll keep at it even if there’s nobody around to impress.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

I guess I don’t study eastern mysticism enough, cuz it just looks like bullshitting to me….

eating, sleeping, fucking, and fighting

Reminds me of a song lyrics:

“… all we ever did was eat and drink and fuck and fight.”

Moggie
Moggie

What’s so bad about animal interactions, anyway? Cats and dogs are better people than most of us.

Katamount
Katamount

Heh, the guy seems thiiiiis close to becoming a Marxist. “I feel so alienated from everyone, man… wait… it’s global capitalism that has eroded all of my relationships! What the hell am I doing here? I gotta organize with my fellow proletariat!”

Naturally, this guy can only process the world through video games. “It’s like I’m glitching through the floor, man… movin’ like quicksand through the poorly coded sprites….”

And these jackasses have the gall to call the rest of us “NPCs”? I mean, I’m a pretty introverted guy myself. Just to explain a little bit about what goes on in Katamount’s head… I honestly find most people around me rather… dull. I always tell myself that I should probably learn a bit about the neighbours, starting with their names, but I really don’t have the interest. They’re pretty much the same X-ennial professionals with young children as everyone else in the neighbourhood. Straight. Mostly white. Commuters. Filipino nannies. Always doing obnoxious home renovations. It’s probably why I found myself so drawn to the furry fandom: they’re different enough to be interesting.

But I would never be so solipsistic as to refer to my neighbours as “NPCs” as if their lives were meaningless. I mean, how detached from the world around you do you have to be to see people that way?

At least I try to stay grounded by indulging in photography and exploring other neighbourhoods. Reminds me that there are folks out there other than the yuppies all around me.

Anyhoo, opened the morning subway paper and found this reprinted near the back:

I’ll bet she has a fascinating life story. 😀

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

wherever fine despair is sold!

There seems to be a huge market for despair… and no end of people providing it

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

I’m a little confused. The people out there living and loving and working and dancing and contributing to the world in a million glorious technicolor ways are NPCs, but the detached grey rock on the sidelines sneering at the fakeness and futility of it all isn’t an NPC?

It isn’t the apathy and depression that’s the problem, it’s the fact that he can’t stop being superior and misogynistic even as the world crumbles around him.

Susan
Susan

@dashapants

YES! YES! YES! This is one the things that allows me to keep going. I am moved and inspired by stories about people in concentration camps where they were deprived of even the necessities of life who still found a way to make art. And people today in refugee camps and war zones and prisons — people in situations designed to dehumanize them — will persist. In some cases, what they have made will outlive them.

And you don’t have to be an artist to make art, right? I’m thinking of the kids in New Zealand performing the haka after the terrorist murders. That’s certainly more than “eating, sleeping, fucking, and fighting.”

S. P.
S. P.

There seems to be a huge market for despair… and no end of people providing it

Yes, but this is the finest despair. Grade-A. Distilled from people who have gotten so deep into bigotry that they can no longer see other humans as humans, but who still long for human connection. Hand-harvested by grifters and petty tyrants.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

@ Katamount:

I’m involved in a self-help program for recovering drug addicts, a few years ago I was doing some work on myself, and I had to talk about my relationships over the years with neighbors. At that point, I realized that in 40 years of active addiction, I not only had never known the names of any neighbors, I had never even had a CONVERSATION with any….

Will D.
Will D.

MGTOW are the worst.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

The few times I’ve experienced depersonalization and derealization, were due to childhood fevers. Once at a girl scout meeting, and another time due to chickenpox, where I spent an entire night delirious. The vaccine didn’t exist back then.

Sometimes I wonder if all the time spent interacting within the cyber world might be leading to a greater occurence of derealization and depersonalization. Not really a deep thought, but anyway…

Brimstone
Brimstone

I’m not an MGOTW or an incel. I’ve had (bad) sex before and I like and respect women. But I see humanity and sex this way. We’re just meat, basically. Sex is a biological urge, a reminder of our mortal natures that chemically bribes us to mash our meat together and force us to continue the species, creating more mortal beings that will die. All of human society and culture is to distract us from our deaths. We should stop having kids. Or end all life on earth to prevent the endless cycle of death and suffering.

I don’t hate women tho, they’ve treated me much better than I deserve and I lived a life closer to a ‘chad’ than an incel. But I do hate our biological essence, our decaying meat bodies.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

That’s nice, dear.

Ariblester
Ariblester

@Brimstone

I think you’re optimizing the wrong cost function.

Will D.
Will D.

What do you mean by biological essence? Wouldn’t you be implying that we have no essence?

@Brimstone

I’m literally a goth who used to take road kill off the road, watch them decay and then clean off the bones to use for art projects about the destruction humans have on the planet and you are depressing me. If I’m telling you to lighten up you have an issue. I once didn’t smile for three years. I’m about to throw a lamp at you to tell you to lighten up.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Brimstone
Heard it before. Take up Gnosticism or Mahayana Buddhism or something. You’ll still be boring, but you’ll probably be happier.

Lainy

Hey I can’t sleep so I was reading old stuff. Insomina is a bitch and I sometimes enjoy the old stuff, then I noticed. Are you the same Brimstone from 2011

Otrame
Otrame

I understand what he means. I took a great course in Primate Behavior in college that included time spent every week at the zoo, watching a specific primate family and some time watching a couple of families of other species, for comparison. It was great.

He’s right about how much of human behavior at the interpersonal level is clearly primate behavior, modified by our verbal-dominated cultures. For instance, we don’t sit around grooming fleas off each other any more. We just sit around bullshitting instead.

Of course, since he is a misanthropist who thinks he’s a misogynist, he sees it all as pathetic. I see it as endlessly fascinating. Of course the endless attempts at attention getting on the part of juvenile males gets irritating in humans, just as it does in macaques. I once saw three females going after a male twice their size because he had been pestering them, and they had had enough. It was sort of empowering to watch. 😚

Curious_Diversions
Curious_Diversions

@ Brimstone.

I hear you. People are just skeletons packed with meat and powered by tiny electrical charges. Every one of us is imminently replaceable. A lot of life is drudgery and repetitive animal function.

However, it doesn’t really matter to the individual meat robots experiencing that existence. Most individual feel like their existence is important and meaningful. Most will fight to maintain and improve it, even in horrible circumstances because it matters to them. Most will extend this concern to their family or community group because this impact the individual’s well being as well.

So, go on, Magical Meat Robot! Experience your existence.

Nequam
Nequam

So does Brimstone deny women his essence?

Scanisaurus
Scanisaurus

@Brimstone
That’s so ridiculously nihilistic that I’m wondering if Poe’s law is at play.

If your life has no meaning, give it one. My parents are archeologists, and the most important thing they taught me was that even if we decay, the things we create doesn’t, and there are works of art that has survived their creators by millenniums yet still are considered beautiful, and there is meaning to your life if you can spend it creating something good for people to remember you by.

Brimstone
Brimstone

Not Poe’s law. I have been an extreme nihilist and antinatalist poet since I was 11. I truly believe all this. Once I told a date about desiring the total destruction of humanity.

“So does Brimstone deny women his essence?”

I understood that reference.

Women have, for reasons I utterly fail to understand on any level, wanted to have sex with me. One of them watched me get high, see my own death, completely freak out about it, and had sex with me.

I haven’t particularly enjoyed any of my encounters (it was worse for the women, given my disinterest and lack of skill) tho, and have taken what Chapo refers to as ‘the volcel pledge’ for the foreseeable future until I can afford a sex therapist.

And yes, I am the same Brimstone who posted about Brave @ the Bold 8 years ago. Time flies.

“I’m literally a goth who used to take road kill off the road, watch them decay and then clean off the bones to use for art projects about the destruction humans have on the planet and you are depressing me.”

Perhaps unsurprisingly, my ex did the same thing. Except without the hippie message, she was more goth/witch.

“Most individual feel like their existence is important and meaningful. Most will fight to maintain and improve it, even in horrible circumstances because it matters to them. Most will extend this concern to their family or community group because this impact the individual’s well being as well

Meaning is a lie we tell ourselves. Read Ernest Becker’s The Denial of Death. It’s all a fake way of coping with the meaninglessness of life. Or read any existentialist philosophy

I don’t have a community group and believe having kids is immoral.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

comment image?itemid=12025224

contrapangloss
contrapangloss

Once I told a date about desiring the total destruction of humanity.

… dude, when your life philosophy makes a cartoon villain like Thanos* seem like a moderate, maybe you need to develop some chill. Take up underwater basket weaving** or something.

Like, maybe my life is meaningless, but at least playing music with friends is FUN. Maybe nothing I do will stand the test of time, but will it enable someone I encounter to do something that will? Probably not, but it’d be cool if it did.

*Thanos only wanted to wipe out 50% of all life. So, moderate in comparison. However, excuse me while I scream in CAPSLOCK at an imaginary character:

THANKS FOR MAKING MOST BALEEN WHALES FUNCTIONALLY EXTINCT, PRUNE-FOR-A-FACE! ALSO, BACTERIA LAUGH IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION AND WILL BE BACK TO PRE-SNAP LEVELS IN ROUGHLY EIGHT HOURS SO HA! TAKE THAT, PURPLE MAN!

Note: I’m using functionally extinct a little loosely here. In general, we don’t declare species functionally extinct until they either cease to have an effect on the ecosystem they exist in, or we stop observing them in the wild, or we have good reason to believe the existing population will not be able to sustain itself. For cetaceans, who have already low populations AND tend to have an extremely dispersed range, loosing 50% of the population of a species could easily lead to rapid functional extinction.

**It’s not weaving baskets while SCUBA diving, which is the misconception I had for YEARS as a kid. The real deal is a lot more practical, produces some pretty results, and is still kind of cool.

@Brimestone

Dude you been here since I was 12.

@Brimstone

Also It’s not hippie. I’m not a hippie, the correct term is Eco-goth. Never call an Eco-goth a hippie to their face. It’s disrespectful to both sides really. No hate, just letting you know.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

Now now, we shouldn’t mock. Announcing to your date that you’re an antinatalist is actually a fairly clever way of promising to use a condom without actually bringing the matter up.

“Total destruction of humanity” is overdoing it, though. That could be read the other way, in a “I won’t use a condom because I want to spread syphillis to everyone I can.”

Brimstone
Brimstone

Isn’t Grimes an eco goth now?

“Like, maybe my life is meaningless, but at least playing music with friends is FUN.”

I did that for 3 years. We had an insane stage show. Opened for an international punk band. Got laid. Sex, drugs, rock and roll. Tried it all.

Life is still meaningless and pointless and it didn’t help me at all, no matter how many songs about the power of rock and roll I listen to.

I don’t like the Thanos comparison because he’s a eugenicist, I want to end death. He is a useful jumping off point but we are very different, I may use him in a video about my philosophy. I’m closer to comic Thanos, who loves the personification of Death, like I did with Sandman.

@Brimestone

Kind of. Not the same thing but you have the right state of mind. If that helps to picture her then use that. She’s more pastel goth.

Brimstone
Brimstone

All this modern kinda of goths confuse me, when I was a kid I wore an ankh because Death from Sandman did and that was enough.
Is Poison Ivy eco-goth? Is Swamp Thing’s girlfriend Abby Arcane?

Would they be attracted to my lust for death if I couch it in ecological terms?

@Brimestone

Poison ivy is just suppose to be a villain botanist. and now a days you do have to put in more work to be the subcategory of goth you find yourself in. And no probably not. Most 10 to 25 year olds are into the “god I wish I was dead” jokes. Goth or not most generation z and millennials have a lust for death. You’d have to put in a lot more work to get attention now or stand out which is why there are so many sub categories of goth. Now if you want to use fictional character, Sam Manson from Danny Phatom is a eco goth feminist, She had a big influence on me growing up. The hex girls from scooby doo are eco goths. Larry from Sally face is a Death metal grunge goth. Raven from teen titians is witch goth. Rogue from X-Men Evolution is poetic type of goth, Mae from Avatar the last Airbender is the I hunger for death and feelings type of goth mostly because of her abusive up bringing but hey that’s the example I have. That’s probably the kind of goth you’d be attracted to, Louise from loud house is a baby Wednesday Adams goth, Morticia Adams is a bdsm in goth with a dash if witch. Also shego from Kim possible is a much better version of villain goth then poison ivy if you want to use that.

@Brimestone

Also sir (sorry I don’t know what you like, please tell me and I will address you accordingly) If you don’t mind my asking how old are you. You’ve been here since 2011 I think it was? I was 12 and in grade school at that time.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I am not highly interested in goth subculture classifiers.

How do you distinguish between them?

@Scildfreji Unnyðnes

Well I suppose just like everything else it depends on what a person is interested in. For example I am a Christian, I was always interested in the vampire, demon, dark creatures and horror that come apart of being a goth but I was never really into the wicca or witchcraft part of it. That takes me out of the category for those who like to practice such things who are also goth.

Pastel goths wear more faded colors like blues and purples and pink instead of the traditional black. Some goths are activist like the eco and feminist goth. What makes an eco goth different from a hippie is not really the wearing black and such. Its more of the fact that hippies are peaceful and focus on love and so forth. A eco goth is not above resorting to violence to protect nature and are general more destructive then a hippie. As someone starts to experiment with goth they slowly start to discover the different aspects and then choose where they fall in.

Normally the first one people start to figure out is whether they are a modest goth or more of a sexy goth I suppose. I feel most comfortable in outfits that show skin. Mini skirts with skulls around the belt, black fishnet leggings, corsets with scoop next shirts, short dresses with skulls, tall high platform shoes or spiked heals, that’s all part of my wardrobe. Then just with like anything there are goths who aren’t comfortable with that for any reason. So they dress more covered up. Some choose a kind of earthy witch aesthetic, other the classic Victorian goth, and so forth.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Aheh, I mistyped originally, I wrote “I am not highly interested” whereas I meant “I am now highly interested.” That’s what i get for my tiny tablet keyboard I guess!

Fuzzy classifiers. Which is fun! Lets people self-define more easily. Like, there were some very destructive and violent hippies, for example; the view of all hippies being pacifistic spiritualists is one view but there were others.

The classifiers seem mostly appearance-based – what colours of clothing, how risque are they, etc. Which matches what I know of it. Pastel goth is fun, I think, it’s a fun inversion of the tradition. Seems like the beliefs of the goth-in-question are almost separate to the classifier; like, you could do pastel eco-goth or wiccan denim-goth, etc. What an interesting system! Humans are such funny creatures.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

“my lust for death”

Oh, Brimstone. Stop with the edginess. You’re scaring us!

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit

@Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Allow me to send you to the best (by which I mean most charming) resource for learning about all things goth: http://www.gothic-charm-school.com/ I suspect you will appreciate the Lady of the Manners’ tone.

Her usefulness can be demonstrated by the fact she allowed me to find the perfect resource for you in this case, namely: https://www.deviantart.com/trellia/gallery/25271332/Goth-stereo-Types

@weirdtreehugger

It was very strange to me that he was asking if young goths would be attracted to him. No dude.

Brimstone
Brimstone

Oh sorry, I phrased that wrong! I meant ‘young as in mid 20s – mid 30s’. I have never thought of myself as goth, but given my interests and aesthetics I suppose I should play that up. I guess calling myself ‘Brinstond’ should be a clue. Should I return to wearing an ankh? My exes tend to fall under that category too.

The ‘big tiddy goth GF’ meme caught me by surprise tho.

“Rogue from X-Men Evolution is poetic type of goth”

I spent my teenage years writing poetry about death, including my first one at 11, and quoting Dickenson and Poe and listening to Nick Cave. Much like Rogue, I will also suck the life out of you. I didn’t realize ‘poetic goth’ was a separate category, I would think we were the ‘real goths’ and the rest are pretenders. We are descended from Lord Byron and Mary Shelley, the original goths.
V from DMC5 reads Blake in battle, he appears to be that too. Vampire the Masquerade has a whole clan, the Toredor, who are obsessed with art. Jim Jarmusch’s Only Lovers Left Alive is also about that type of vampire.

I encourage all the goths in this thread to preorder Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines 2 when it becomes available. And to listen to The Mountain Goats’ album Goths.

Nick Cave calls goth ‘sad bastard music’.

Someone asked my age. I am 33.