bad science empathy deficit men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

“Women are a virus,” explains dude who doesn’t really understand biology

Girl germ

By David Futrelle

Men Going Their Own Way love to talk about science. Too bad they don’t really understand how it works.

Here’s one young MGTOW Redditor’s stab at a biological explanation of the mysterious creature known as the woman.

Women as a living organism - A MgtOw PERSPECTIVE (self.MGTOW) submitted 8 hours ago by AlwaysResist Women are the only living organism that are able to survive and flourish despite not having any real world meaningful value and utility. The only way they are able to survive is because men have created an environment where self validating stupidity thrives!!! Modern women bring nothing to the table and despite this they are still able to survive. The way they have done this is by adopting the traits of a virus. The attach themselves to a male host that has health and wealth and they then begin to suck the health and wealth out of them. Every single life sustaining system or infrastructure was built and is maintained by men!!!

Kind of a double fail for Mr. AlwaysResist here, in that this is not only not how women work but also not how viruses work either. Viruses don’t attach themselves to host cells like a lamprey and suck life out of them; they inject themselves into host cells and take them over in order to make more viruses like themselves. (Also, they aren’t technically living organisms, more like tiny self-replicating robot monsters.)

To show what would happen if women really were viruses, I’ve taken a basic description of how viruses work from here and replaced the word “virus” with “woman” and “host cell” with “man.”

When she comes into contact with a man, a woman can insert her genetic material into him, literally taking over his functions. … Some women may remain dormant inside men for long periods, causing no obvious change in the men (a stage known as the lysogenic phase). But when a dormant woman is stimulated, she enters the lytic phase: new women are formed, self-assemble, and burst out of the man, killing him and going on to infect other men.

Terrifying, yes, but also pretty fucking cool.

Here’s Laurie Anderson’s classic song “Language is a Virus,” not that’s it’s really relevant, but just because it’s been playing in my head ever since I ran across Mr. AlwaysResist’s post.

H/T to @sbassi (and several others who shall remain nameless) who served as biology consultants for this post but who are not responsible for any wrong stuff I might have said in it.

Shadowplay
1 year ago

I always think there is no way they can get any more idiotic, and they always prove me wrong, in spades.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate
1 year ago

The miggies and incies’ biological ignorance always brings about hilarity. I love it when they talk about human reproduction, for example. It’s also amusing when they insist on living a wimmin-free life, then proceed to talk about nothing but women.

Pretty Pink Punnani Princess
Pretty Pink Punnani Princess
1 year ago

“The only way they survive is because MEN have created an environment where stupidity thrives.”

You’re not doing any favors on behalf of men by saying that.

I think you’re mad that even though you try everything in your power to bring women down, they still brush you off like it’s nothing. That must really sting the ego. XD

Megi Stardust (formerly Miss Cobalt)
Megi Stardust (formerly Miss Cobalt)
1 year ago

Men have created an environment where stupidity thrives.

Sounds like a self-own to me

drst
drst
1 year ago

That sounds like an awesome horror movie plot.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles
1 year ago

They need a remedial high school bio course.

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate
1 year ago

In which a MGTOW shows his complete ignorance of both biology and history.

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
1 year ago

men have created an environment where self validating stupidity thrives!!!

… it’s called “the Republican Party”

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
1 year ago

When she comes into contact with a man, a woman can insert her genetic material into him, literally taking over his functions. … Some women may remain dormant inside men for long periods, causing no obvious change in the men (a stage known as the lysogenic phase). But when a dormant woman is stimulated, she enters the lytic phase: new women are formed, self-assemble, and burst out of the man, killing him and going on to infect other men.

“ALIENS: THE MISANDRISM” coming soon to a theater near you….

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer
1 year ago

Oop, he’s on to me — I’m just a tiny shred of RNA in a protein shell. Thought I could get away with it by standing on the shoulders of a million other viruses and throwing a trench coat over ourselves.

Rabid Rabbit
Rabid Rabbit
1 year ago

So they’ve moved on from “Girls have cooties!” to “Girls ARE cooties!” Somehow, I’m not even surprised.

Bina
1 year ago

“…able to survive and flourish despite not having any real world meaningful value and utility…”

Sounds like migtoes to me. I mean, do any of those dudes actually do…ANYTHING? Other than squat on the internets kvetching about women all day? Probably while their two-job-working moms dutifully shovel crates of Cheetos and energy drinks in and crusty wank-socks out?

Full Metal Ox
1 year ago

I’d been under the impression that it was people with outside plumbing who injected their genetic material into people with inside plumbing to reproduce–a process sometimes resulting in the death of the host, particularly given insufficient prenatal care or an author who wants a character to grow up motherless.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I should think the feminist hivemind is more like a bacteria colony, but ok.

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
1 year ago

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie-I would totally see that movie.

Full Metal Ox-Well, these people do believe that women produce mind controlling vagina goo, so their understanding of biology is more than a little off.

tim gueguen
1 year ago

If Rod Serling were still around he’d probably do a Twilight Zone episode where a bunch of MGTOW etc. types suddenly find themselves in a world with no women. The episode would show how they quickly went from joy over their victory over women to the complete collapse of their new society. As the episode progressed there would be a timer in one corner of the screen, and the elapsed time for the events of the episode would probably be less than a week.

Knitting Cat Lady
Knitting Cat Lady
1 year ago

Oh man, those grapes must be really sour.

I wonder if any of them will ever convince themselves that they don’t really want a relationship…

I_only_want_Chad
I_only_want_Chad
1 year ago

Wouldn’t OPs analogy fit better for parasites than viruses?
(I am not surprised about the biological illiteracy though, MGTOWs have sofar been very consistent in their utter misunderstanding of most things science related)

Greetings lurker

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

@AlwaysResist

Parasite

…the word that fits the definition you gave is parasite, not virus.

I’m guessing that you’ve heard women being called “parasites” before, and you wanted to sound all new and creative and edgy and shit, but in typical MIGTOW fashion, you’re too stupid and incompetent to actually come up with something new and creative and edgy, so you just took someone else’s rant, replaced the word “parasite” with the word “virus,” and honestly believed you were being brilliant.

You’re not.

At all.

dust bunny
dust bunny
1 year ago

By this point I consider “bring to the table” a reactionary tell. I’ve always found the expression icky. Its sentiment is openly and crudely transactional and materialistically banale in a way that wasn’t acceptable in the Finland of my childhood, back when we weren’t a hypercapitalistic neoliberal culture yet. On top of that about 99% of the times I’ve ever heard it used has been by reactionaries in service of inhumane assholery of some form or other. Usually MGTOW or incel types going on about women. And they do use it a lot. I suspect they’ve all learned it from each other and it’s the only idiomatic expression any of them know for roughly the same thing.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol
1 year ago

Does anybody know if these doofusbrains have read “The Screwfly Solution” all the way through?

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

@ Knitting Cat Lady:

What they WANT is affirmation.

Women are only relevant as a target. The target is attacked, the “in-group” responds with positive feedback, the “other” responds with outrage”, and affirmation is achieved. It’s almost like… the president… and his base…. Hmmmmm….

Anyways, the mgtow/mra/incel could do the same thing with flies as the target instead of women, but in that case, the “in-group” (fly-haters) is too big and the “other” too small to generate the amount of emotion necessary for trumpian-level affirmation.

This is NOT to say the migtow/mra/incel doesn’t really hate women, though I wonder sometimes if they really even know. Sadly, there is a large, easily accessible community of misogyny to tap into for people (well, men, really) who want to gain affirmation this way.

Nequam
Nequam
1 year ago

@VictoriousParasol: they probably consider that ending a total bonerkill.

Katamount
Katamount
1 year ago

…and here we have the anatomical diagram of the the common woman, with her large capsid head, ready to inject her DNA instructions directly into a host organism with the aid of her several spindly tail fibres:

comment image

And a part of me wonders if somebody has done Rule34 with a bacteriophage.

Did get me thinking though… I’ve started playing Star Trek Online just because I figured it would be fun to run around the Star Trek universe (huuuuge Trek nerd here) and it did kinda strike me that while most of the species conform to humanoid dimorphism… not all of them do. I’m playing an Andorian, a species which has four distinct sexes (although what appear to be only two genders), all of which are necessary to procreation. My character is a shen (one of the “female” sexes).

Even so, even Star Trek didn’t handle gender issues particularly well, especially that one TNG episode with the androgynous species (or the godawful Angel One). Farscape had a couple more interesting ideas mixed in with the ludicrous “all females of all species must have boobs” thing: https://tlshbnw.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/alien-sexes-alien-genders-examples-from-farscape/

Still probably my favourite take on it:

comment image

fiercebadrabbit
fiercebadrabbit
1 year ago

Women are like viruses. I don’t know anything in particular about them and have formed my impression out of a dim and incomplete memory of the original Matrix movie.

Jesalin: Clit-o-centric Lesbian Goddess
Jesalin: Clit-o-centric Lesbian Goddess

Prototype: The Misandering

Kiwiwriter
Kiwiwriter
1 year ago

I guess this guy only learned his biology from some videos on YouTube.

It constantly amazes me how these incredibly stupid people go on in life, without ever getting tripped up.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Women are the only living organism that are able to survive and flourish despite not having any real world value and utility

IOW, any organism that he doesn’t personally reap utility from, or understand the benefit of, is useless and must be stamped out. Moss: stupid. Mosquitoes: annoying. Bacteria: food ruiners. Amoebas: boring. Women: won’t sex him.

That is some A level narcissism and ignorance.

Women have special bendy straws that they carry around for purposes of sucking health out of unsuspecting men. It’s like tapping a sugar maple. You can jar the health and save it for later.

Hypergamy tastes great on pancakes.

men have created an environment where self validating stupidity thrives

Aka, the MGTOW subreddit.

Full Metal Ox
1 year ago

Here’s a song from the German goth metal band Beloved Enemy that seems to use a viral metaphor for the desired/loathed woman (although this was the theme for a zombie apocalypse movie of the same name, so I may not have all the context.) Noteworthy for lead singer Ski-King’s signature crooning bass-baritone delivery–quite unexpected for the genre, although he has no trouble shifting gears to a gravelly metal growl when required:

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
1 year ago

Wait, is that women, or female mosquitoes?

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

@ Katamount:

And a part of me wonders if somebody has done Rule34 with a bacteriophage.

This is the closest I could find…. Though, admittedly, I didn’t look very much 🙂 🙂

comment image

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

@Katamount,

It took me a bit, but I figured out the joke with the Lady Death-Cap in that cartoon. Unfortunately for the humans, Lady Death would’ve done something similar if she was there, methinks.

kupo
kupo
1 year ago

Wait, is that women, or female mosquitoes?

Definitely women.comment image

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants
1 year ago

Are these all straw feminists?

comment image

Meteor
1 year ago

Then why aren’t men a virus? They indulged in war, even in primitive times.

I’ll wait.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
1 year ago

Which means that before men created that environment, women all died out.

And the human race went extinct. The end.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara

@Victorious Parasol

My first thought on reading this nonsense. I suspect you could post “The Screwfly Solution” to a MGTOW forum and all the commenters there would be like, “damn, this ‘James Tiptree Junior’ dude tells it like it is! Not like the SJW-friendly SF you get today!” 🙄

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

I love the term “straw feminists”, but now it also makes me sad, because it reminds me that Kate Beaton retired Hark, a vagrant this year. I hope she’s doing ok since her sister died.

Katamount
Katamount

@Moggie

I knew her sister had passed from her Twitter feed, but I didn’t realize she had retired Hark. I hope she’s got other projects going.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@tim gueguen:
Philip Wylie actually wrote a novel like that, called The Disappearance where essentially Earth divides into two parallel timelines, one with all the women, and one with all the men. The one with only the men really doesn’t do so well.

(I haven’t actually read the whole thing, so I have no idea if the story touched on non-binary at all; given that it was written in 1951, probably not.)

Wylie’s probably best known these days for having written The Gladiator back in 1930, which is considered one of the inspirations for Superman.

Moggie
Moggie
1 year ago

Plot idea: China Miéville’s The City & the City, but for genders.

Austin G Loomis
Austin G Loomis
1 year ago

@kupo: “It is a cellular peptide cake.”
“Wif mint frufting.”

Genjones
Genjones
1 year ago

Also brings to mind that 2005 Image comics series Girls, where the giant sperm monster from outer space lands in a cornfield and the townsfolk are overrun by a clone army of flesh eating naked women, and similar to The Screwfly Solution the invasion is aided by misogyny

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Full Metal Ox:

Ok, I will admit to having once written a love poem containing the
phrase “I want to be your little spirochete,” but in my defence I was twenty.

Anonymous
Anonymous

@Katamount

Funnily enough, Warhammer 40,000 of all things has a few notable examples of aliens with non-standard genders too. You’ve got the Orksl who are asexual and reproduce via spores, the avian Kroot whose sex act is said to resemble a backrub and can influence the course of their own evolution based on what (or who- for reasons that will soon be obvious they have no taboo against cannibalism) they eat, and I’m fairly sure one species was described as a sentient atmospheric layer. No, I have no idea how that would even work.

Not bad for a war game based on everyone blasting the tar out of each other.

Moggie
Moggie

@Moon Custafer:

Ok, I will admit to having once written a love poem containing the
phrase “I want to be your little spirochete,” but in my defence I was twenty.

Python fan?

Full Metal Ox

@ dust bunny:

Wow…I’ve periodically used it, but my assumed metaphor was a potluck: I’ll bring the pasta salad to the table, you’ll bring the wine and pop, she’ll bring the takeout bucket of fried chicken. In short: here’s the contribution and perspective I can bring to this shared enterprise. (Since this may be relevant: American native speaker of English, born 1961.)

(This led me to Google the phrase, turning up the variant “bring to the bargaining table”, which does seem to support your interpretation; I have no idea whether it’s the original version, though.)

Emmytiel
Emmytiel
1 year ago

This isn’t accurate either, but if we are comparing viruses and humans the actions of a virus on a cell are a lot more like pregnancy. Wouldn’t that make men a virus?