4chan 8chan irony alert memes npc sockpuppetry transphobia TROOOLLLL!! twitter

Trolls launch campaign to prove that SJWs are a bunch of fake “Non-Player Characters” by … creating fake NPC accounts

What are you even doing, guys?

By David Futrelle

As I noted the other day, the big thing among right-wing shitposters at the moment is the “NPC” meme — an attempt to insult and dehumanize so-called Social Justice Warriors by declaring them to be, in effect, a bunch of “Non-Player Characters” who respond to everything right-wingers say with a few meaningless catchphrases, much like NPCs in video games.

So, yes, the trolls are trying to convince the world (and, I suppose, themselves) that their opponents are basically repetitive robots by … all using the same insult against them at once. The NPC meme is even more of a self-own than the “cuck” and “soyboy” memes that preceded it.

Now they’ve upped their game — I guess you could call it that? — by creating dozens if not hundreds of obviously fake NPC Twitter accounts to prove that … well, I don’t know what they’re trying to prove, honestly.

I discovered this phenomenon earlier today when a couple of these fake NPC accounts — complete with grey-faced NPC avatars — responded to my original article on the NPC nonsense. Here are their Twitter profiles.

Orange Man Bad @NPC16180339 NPC#476447 ❄ 🌊 ✊🏿 🌈 @Coon831 orange man=bad #metoo #lgbt #bluewave #believeallwomen

As you can see, they’re not exactly trying to hide the fact that they’re trolls. (I don’t think even these idiots are idiotic enough to think this half-assed trollery is convincing.)

Here are some of Mr. Orange Man’s recent tweets. You might notice a couple of obvious patterns here. Along with the repetitiveness of the posts, most of them are replies to other fake NPC accounts.

Orange Man Bad ‏ @NPC16180339 3h3 hours ago More Replying to @NPC22498789 @CNN REEEEEESIST! 0 replies 0 retweets 1 like Reply Retweet Like 1 Direct message Orange Man Bad ‏ @NPC16180339 3h3 hours ago More Orange man still bad. TV says so. TV wouldn't lie. 0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes Reply Retweet Like 2 Direct message Orange Man Bad ‏ @NPC16180339 3h3 hours ago More Replying to @npc2304828716 Orange man bad. Orange man is a Nazi. TV told me so. 0 replies 0 retweets 1 like Reply Retweet Like 1 Direct message Orange Man Bad ‏ @NPC16180339 3h3 hours ago More Replying to @npc271827 Allow me to impregnate you so we can kill the white baby 1 reply 0 retweets 2 likes Reply 1 Retweet Like 2 Direct message Orange Man Bad ‏ @NPC16180339 3h3 hours ago More Replying to @NPC557898086581 Orange man bad. Orange man must take the guns away.

I took a quick look at Mr. Orange Man Bad’s profile and saw that he had 70 followers, which is a lot more than one might expect from a throwaway troll account.

So who exactly would follow a completely worthless troll sockpuppet account like this?

Other completely worthless troll sockpuppet accounts. Page after page of them.

What are you even doing, guys? Why go to all this trouble to push a meme that everyone outside of shitposterland sees, at best, as a massive self-own or, at worst, a creepy way to dehumanize your enemies that makes you look a bit less than fully human yourselves? What on earth is the point?

Cheerful Warthog
Cheerful Warthog

I wouldn’t have thought this one had legs, and as of a moment ago, still didn’t think it was going to last – a flash in the pan moment. But then I remembered that surely they couldn’t be so stupid as to actually think that “not only is soy feminising, LIBTARDS like… being feminised, presumably… that they eat soy constantly, loving it desperately despite the fact that, flavour-wise, it’s famous for tasting like whatever’s around it, and what do you even do to buy ‘soy’? Soy chips, tofu, and soy sauce, and that’s… about it? Yeah, but that’s what libtards do” and make that a thing for longer than a week or two, and here we are. I guess they’ve decided this is the latest stupid for the long haul.

It does annoy me, so I suppose they can dance around screaming “yay, we triggered a libtard soyboy!” for that. But I can’t picture much they’d be taking to their bosom that wouldn’t annoy me, since I’m not putting money on a vast wave of “oh god what have we done we must make amends” or even “oh god we’re ridiculous let’s hide underground for ten years and then never speak of this again”. So now I just know what’s going to be annoying me for the foreseeable future.

I also saw on David’s twitter that we leftist soyboy NPCs started it by calling “anyone right of centre” (so… most Democrats?) Russian bots or trolls. These are equally dehumanising. Shrug.

It is something to know that every time they hurr-hurr “the left can’t meme”, this is what they think is high-quality memework. I mean, sure, I can’t meme like that. I have dignity and self-respect. But you do you, you strange, strange right-wing Internet people.

Ray of Rays
Ray of Rays

For serious. A couple dozen or so put it in that “two buttons” meme, and it’s the weirdest thing. Like…they know the buttons are supposed to be contradictory statements, right? “Calling someone an NPC is dehumanizing” and “everyone right of center is a Russian troll/bot” aren’t mutually exclusive.

The only way it could make sense is if they somehow didn’t think Russian troll farms exist. And no one could possibly be that stupid.

…not even being sarcastic, no one is that stupid. It’s 100% bad faith.

Kiwiwriter
Kiwiwriter

“I don’t have the time to unravel your logic.” — Felix Unger

Space Battleship Bear
Space Battleship Bear

This article was poorly researched, but thank you for collating screen shots of the NPC tweets. They will be very handy! The act of publishing this article shows me the meme is successful. If you want to see an example of actions that lead to the creation of the NPC meme, look at the youtube video of Dave Rubin at a turning point USA event in new hampshire. I thought the activists were behaving like robots and this NPC meme fits them perfectly.

Izuu
Izuu

Not only here, but also in almost all Left leaning sites I’ve read on used the word ‘dehumanizing’. And see it here again…..and somehow you think NPC is a wrong depiction of you. You just spew same talking point, same ‘words’. Just like robots. Pathetic

Citerior Motive
Citerior Motive

Well quite, Izuu. You see, when one observes a thing happening, one generally uses words that refer to that thing. If lots of people observe the same thing happening, they are quite likely to use many of the same words, because, and stop me if this is too hard for you, that is how language works.

Vic
Vic

And I guess weather reporters are all bots by always using the same words too – “windy”, “sunny”, “high temperature”…right?

If that’s what it is, that’s what it is.

@Space Battleship Bear,

It is absolutely a successful meme – it carries a meaning, and it’s propagated well throughout the social space it’s been introduced int-

oh, you mean to say it’s true? No no, my duck, success and truth have nothing to do with one another when talking about a meme. Meme propagation has to do with a good number of things, truth is not one of them.

No big surprise this one has gotten big. Given that the community carrying the meme is based on the ashes of GamerGate, video game associations carry a lot of weight. I’m willing to bet this meme won’t spread beyond its current boundaries because of that, no traction. Good memes rely on attaching themselves to existing concepts. Most of us have “NPC” as a concept already, so the meme works. It doesn’t work if the audience doesn’t have that attachment point already.

(Notice the internal contradiction here. They’ve always portrayed us as not being “gamers”, as being interlopers who’ve just come in to ruin their space. But their meme relies on our understanding of gamer jargon.)

Thanks for the comment, it’s done me up a think. And that leads me to

@Izuu,

turns out that sometimes 2 + 2 does in fact equal 4, and the correct way to describe the additive result is the word “four”. We don’t have a lot of words with the same meaning as “dehumanizing”, so you see it repeated a lot.

Sorta like how it’s been said in response to all of the alt-right dickbutts using the word “NPC” in chorus, like an army of meme-spewing robots.

(Did you catch how I was able to turn that around on you there? It was quick, go back and read it again if you missed it.)

It’s almost like both you and I exist in communities, and ideas propagate and move throughout communities in response to the environment that community is in. We call that sort of independent propagation memetics in the science-based world. Memes, in relation to the biological functionary genes. Perhaps you’ve heard of them?

You two are a riot. Thank you for stopping by!

LindsayIrene

If that’s what it is, that’s what it is.

This is giving my positronic brain a recursion error.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Oh dear. I’ll give Susan Calvin a call.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Space Battleship Bear,

David writing about something is not proof that it’s a success. He wrote about Roosh’s gaming site that never took off, the 2nd annual AVFM conference that never was, the “sink misandry” protest against the Titanic women and children first policy, the debacle that was the Sarkeesian Effect and so on.

But sure, go on thinking that all attention is good attention. It fits with the spoiled child mentality that your ilk has.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

writing about something is not proof that it’s a success

comment image

David A Carlson
David A Carlson

Great. Thanks for leaving a list of fake leftist SJW NPC accounts to follow.

Space Battleship Bear
Space Battleship Bear

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee “my ilk”, bullshit assumptions about me, and a comparison to something unrelated. I won’t go to your level. I can see you have completely failed to understand the NPC meme.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ space battleship bear

I won’t go to your level

Mate, you couldn’t get to WWTH’s level with a team of Sherpas. Stick to base camp; you’ll be more comfortable there.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I love how every time someone mocks the meme, trolls come along to say “you just don’t understand it.” I’ve seen it for days all over Twitter.

Again. Acting like a spoiled child who thinks none of the adults understand you.

comment image

If your meme is incomprehensible to everybody but the ones making and posting them, it’s not a very good meme. It’s not much of a defense to say we all just don’t get it. Of course, I think we do all get it and it’s a claim made in bad faith, but, whatever.

@Space Battleship Bear,

Ah, so it’s “evade what’s being said by complaining about how insulted you are” as the order of the day?

Please give us a moment here, my dear bear. I’ll take care of this for you. Would you like a drink while you wait? No? Okay. It’ll just be a moment.

(WWTH, these poor manosphereans are very fragile and sensitive souls, you know! We have to be gentle with them or they’ll run away crying! They frankly don’t have a woman’s constitution, so we really shouldn’t hold it against them.)

There we are. I’m very sorry about that, my duck. My egg. What she was trying to say is that just because a meme propagates doesn’t mean it’s true or that it’s good to propagate it. That’s not a very contentious thing to say, now, is it? She was just listing examples of other memes that have been both false and negative, and we’re very sorry that they were so hurtful for you to hear.

Unrelated, have you considered a nickname change? Space Battleship Bear doesn’t seem entirely … appropriate to your character. Maybe something a little more communicative. How does Star Schooner Stoat tickle your fancy? I quite like stoats, myself. Theatrical little monsters.

Anyways, all’s well, no harm done. And if you can’t quite follow the reasons WWTH was trying to communicate, don’t worry. We can do all that cognitive heavy-lifting for you.

Heaven knows, on a societal level it wouldn’t be the first time.

AlexReynard

We’re laughing at how outraged people like you get.

That’s it’s function. That’s why it works. You make it work. This article is _exactly_ why this meme exists.

Vic
Vic

I can see you have completely failed to understand the NPC meme.

They made it incomprehensible and stupid, and you took not one but two posts that could have been opportunities to explain it and faceplanted instead. But somehow your, and their, failures are *our* fault? BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Space Battleship Bear
Space Battleship Bear

Wow weirdos come out because I suggested people pay attention to the events that lead to the creation of this meme. Do I really need to spell it out? The meme is a joke, and if you don’t see what the joke references, then the joke may be about you.

They made it incomprehensible and stupid

= failure to understand. You are actually admitting you don’t get it and proving what I said.

Character attack is not my game. I do not participate in childish games. This behaviour you are displaying now is funny. Its cartoonish. Keep it up mate. This shit is why you have the orange man for a president.

yes calling it incomprehensible does indicate to me you do not get it. You can reference back my original comment where I indicated there have been events in the last two years that created this meme, and worthy of research, or you can keep replying to me with immature adhom, ducks, and eggs.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Oh hey, you found the blockquote button! Excellent, well done!

Your reply is excellent and well-formed, I’ll leave it on its own, as it needs no accompaniment. I hope you don’t mind if I diagram it for the members of the audience, though? Thank you!

Character attack is not my game.

(for the audience; this sentence is completed thusly: “Character attack is not my game, even though I’ve come here to defend a meme that’s all about a character attack.”

This is a typical pseudorationalist behaviour, in which they are acutely aware of the slights others put upon them but see any insults they themselves might be delivering as either “a joke” or “objectively true” or both.)

I do not participate in childish games.

(Pseudorationalists have many tricks to evade a criticism, this one is common – minimize the critic as “childish”, “stupid” or – well, “NPC” if we want to be meta about it. Instead of engaging honestly, the critique is minimized so that it can be discarded. This is also how the right wing tends to evade criticism on a national scale as well – watch how the right wing political machinery across the world uses “fake news” as a universal rebuff!)

This behaviour you are displaying now is funny. Its cartoonish.

(Similar to the above comment about minimization instead of engagement, “humour” to the pseudorationalist is largely a tool used to signal group membership. Jokes are largely about insulting some segment of society instead of – you know – being funny. You can very quickly get a gauge for whether someone is on the in-group or not by what jokes they laugh at. That’s universal across humanity, by the way, though it seems like the right wing seems to find more humour in viciousness.)

Keep it up mate. This shit is why you have the orange man for a president.

I don’t, actually! I have a handsome feminist for a Prime Minister. Very lucky, and hoping my luck holds. Canada’s doing pretty well and we just celebrated the legalization of cannabis here today, so hopefully that can ride out into another term!

(Pseudorationalists often search for hypocrisy in those they argue with, seeking it out aggressively enough that they’ll strike on anything at all if it has the whiff of it. They’ll often fabricate or exaggerate in order to accomplish this. Interestingly, studies show that people who hold right-wing or traditionalist beliefs are less troubled by hypocrisy than others, though! This behaviour seems about attacking the beliefs of others rather than an actual concern for consistency, but studies are thin on the ground for that one.

Oh, and just to be clear – Trump lost the popular vote.)

(This one’s sort of sad, really. Pseudorationalists are often poor communicators. Communication is about working with a shared understanding of the world, about compromise, about negotiation and empathy. Pseudorationalism requires avoiding or distorting reality in some way either large or small in order to fit it into the required preconception. When facing a contradiction, pseudorationalism denies and subverts.

This often means that they end up saying things that communicate in one way to people within their pseudorational circle, but in another with the world at large. This extends beyond simple jargon and into what constitutes evidence or what a given statement might imply. So they’ll say ‘look at this thing I said earlier’, believing it to be a convincing statement, whereas the statement is poor evidence or often completely contravening evidence for their claim.)

and worthy of research,

(Another sad one! Research, to the pseudorationalist, involves looking something up on google and reading the first few links, or alternatively looking at wikipedia. This is usually coloured by a worldview that leads them to reject anything that suggests something they don’t already believe. That in and of itself is not unusual – we all filter media according to our biases after all – but the pseudorationalist considers this a valid replacement for actual research.

The pseudorationalist considers the elimination of bias to be largely one of willpower, and since they have no metric for determining whether they have any biases, they can easily come to the conclusion that their perspective is free of bias. In reality, people understand that willpower has nothing to do with objectivity, and the cry to “do your research” is mostly a sneer.)

or you can keep replying to me with immature adhom, ducks, and eggs.

Oh, my duck, that’s not an insult. It’s a term of endearment! I call the people here “my duck” all the time! It wasn’t an ad hominem I was using at all.

See, an ad-hom is when you use an insult instead of an argument. I was insulting you in accompaniment with an argument. That isn’t a fallacy.

Do keep up, my duck!

(A defining trait of the pseudorationalist is their desire to be perceived as rational – hence the term. For this reason they often throw around accusations of fallacies or biases instead of engaging with actual points of discussion. Amusingly, there’s a name for this, the ignoratio elenchi fallacy.

Because the pseudorationalist does not have a deep understanding of fallacy or bias, they instead consider any personal affront or insult to be an ad hominem, and any conclusion they dislike as a strawman.)

Thank you much for posting, @Space Battleship Bear. It’s nice to stretch the analytical muscles once in awhile!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Space Bear thinks he’s this

comment image

But he’s more this

comment image

Space Battleship Bear
Space Battleship Bear

No wrong. You think the meme is character attack. The meme is not attacking any single person, it is an observance of a type of behaviour of a group of people who do appear to be crazy. I do reserve a right to not participate in name calling with immature people. You have claimed several times that I am playing some sort of right wing tricks. You do not know where I am on the political compass. I’m not playing any tricks. I’m merely telling you that the NPC meme has gone over your head and there is more to it than screen shots from twitter. See Dave Rubin at TPUSA New Hampshire, this video is a perfect example of what is behind the NPC meme. You people write some real nonsense. I think I’m talking to children here.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Turning Point USA? As in the group that was just discovered to be sharing extremely racist emails?

Cool source. It really sells me on your “I’m not a right winger, I just happen to think they’re being rational and clever and the left are all meanie pants irrational babies” schtick.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

@ lazy ass space battlebutt bear

You came here. Put up or shut up about your claims involving the meme. No one looks your shit up for you. If you claim the meme is something, link it, time point it, quote it, explain it. All. All else is worthless.

Not once have I seen a proponent of that garbage demonstrate that there’s a robotic-like assertion of buzzwords, the meme proponents themselves simply assert. Fuck, I saw someone actually do work with the supposed buzzwords right here on this page. And the best you can do is “go look at this thing”.

I’m not a fucking mind reader you lazy piece of shit and it’s your assertion. NO.

@Space Battleship Bear,

You’ll have to forgive me for being a bit salubrious, it’s been awhile since we’ve had someone from your, uh, side of the fence here. I’ll try to explain things straight instead of ladling on the sarcasm. I get pretty aggressive near the end there; do try to hold on until then if you can.

That is, in fact, exactly what I pointed out in my last post to you! You’re claiming that you have an objective viewpoint. This line, specifically:

In this case you’re using the latter, considering your own slight to be “objectively true” whereas anything we say that you might find offensive is just immature slander. In reality, people do all sorts of things for all sorts of reasons, and everyone considers themselves to be justified when they do them, so we need something extra to determine what the truth actually is. That’s what actual rationality is for.

I do reserve a right to not participate in name calling with immature people.

And this response here calls back to the next paragraph I wrote:

You didn’t have to say this line at all, it doesn’t support your position in the slightest. It’s just a minimization. Falls perfectly in-line with pseudorationality, though.

No, I haven’t claimed that you’re a right-winger, I’ve called you a pseudorationalist. I did talk about the right wing of belief a few times, but if you read for comprehension, you’ll find that I always said they were points at which pseudorationalists and right-wingers seem to align together.

I personally believe you’re a centrist, until you give me reason to believe the contrary, because most people are centrists. Centrism has a mealy mixture of right and left beliefs – often the worst of both, but I don’t know you well enough to know your particular brand.

Also – and this is important, follow me now – they aren’t tricks. The things I talked about aren’t deceptions, they’re failures in thinking. Deviations from reality, willful ignorance, etc; all designed to protect the ego from something hurtful. They’re universal to humanity, but pseudorationalism turns some of those knobs up to eleven.

And so if I “did my research” and investigated sources (and disregarded sources that considered the meme to be ridiculous) I’d come to understand this deeper meaning?

(Ignoring, for the moment, that I have done my research and looked at other viewpoints…)

Yeah, that was the fifth point in my previous reply. I’m calling your research bullshit, I’m saying that your “evidence” is nonsense. The proper response to this is to present evidence for evaluation here, but I see you haven’t got anyth- oh, wait, your next sentence might have something, let’s take a loo-

gahaahaahaa-

– sorry, I jus –

eheeheeheehee

cough sorry, mea culpa. I mean, I just have so many things to say in response to this. Here, I’ll hit the highlights.

– Did you know that the reason that the scientific community doesn’t use video presentations in presenting findings or papers is because videos are terrible ways to present evidence, unless the video itself is the evidence?

– Did you know that, while video’s terrible at providing critical evidence, it’s great for convincing people of things that are false?

– Go take a look at WWTH’s link. I mean, you care about racism, right? You don’t want to align with racism, right?

– You know that TPUSA is just an opinion source, yes? All the actual facts they report on? come from Reuters, BBC, CNN, etc. They give you a couple of facts gleaned from actual reporting as a poison pill to make you swallow their opinions as if they were facts as well.

– You know that based on the “evidence” you’ve provided we can reliably say you’re conservative, and at least neutral if not supportive of fundamentalist christianity, yes? TPUSA is the pet project of Charlie Kirk, for whom apparently railing against atheists apparently doesn’t pay the bills as well as it does, but coddling conservatives has become very lucrative.

Come on, you can do better. Evidence that this “NPC meme” is more than lame trolling, and not just some opinion piece video. If it’s so true, you surely must have something you can provide?

(Oh, and Dave Rubin is hot garbage in a suit, just so you know ;D )

You people write some real nonsense. I think I’m talking to children here.

Aah. And we end with another minimization. A palette cleanser, don’t you think?

Real talk, my duck.

I engaged with you with sarcasm in the beginning, and others engaged in more sarcasm and with hostility, because we’ve all read this before.

In your reply, you engaged in almost all of the behaviours I pointed out to you in my previous post. “you people write nonsense,” “I’m talking to children here,” “it’s an observation.” They are literally the same words as your fellow travelers, line-for-line. You’re saying the exact same things they are, falling into the exact same potholes, showing the exact same cognitive blind spots.

Almost like you’re all drawing from the same script. Almost – and again, follow me here – almost like you’re a bunch of NPCs.

Which we’ve actually joked about here, in the past. This ain’t new, you’re not blowing minds or rattling cages. Difference between us and you here is that we joke about it, have a chuckle, and move on with our lives. It’s funny, but not worth effort beyond that. We have lives to live. You guys? You make dozens of twitter accounts, grind out pages of sad MS Paint art, and sneer at anyone who doesn’t laugh along.

We have things to do with our lives, and at the end of the day if one of you NPCs shows up and actually engages? We engage with their ideas. Sure, we’ll do it angry, but that’s generally because they’re the same assholes who call for throwing people out of helicopters or taking away abortion rights, and those are things worth getting angry over.

You guys? You cry foul, tone-police, and drop links to shitty hour-long opinion videos in lieu of actual argument. You have nothing.

Sharpen your teeth, space bear. Show some of that ursine spine you allude to having. No videos – use your words, tell us why we’re wrong, tell us why we’re a bunch of NPCs. Show us what you’ve got in you.

Or bark ineffectually into the air before slinking back into the shadows.

Prove me right, either way.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

The reason I call the posters of this meme childish isn’t just to be insulting and mean. I chose the word very deliberately. It’s because the meme is inherently childish.

It shows a complete lack of understanding that other people have inner lives and thought processes leading to their conclusions. This isn’t one of those things you can declare both sides do either. The left actually spend quite a bit of time dissecting the right wing mindset and the sociological factors behind right wing movements. A lot of us understand people on the right quite well. I’ve never seen a similar effort on the right. Nobody on the right has ever tried to talk to me personally and find out where I’m coming from. It’s just assumed that we must be crazy. Or welfare moochers. Or want to destroy western civilization. In other words, you make the assumption that we’re merely NPCs to be mowed down as you move your way towards a glorious Galt gulch white ethnostate. The reason I know that you, Space Bear are on the right is because you have displayed no understanding of what our positions are and what the terms we use mean. It’s a classic right wing trait. Feel free to show me otherwise if you like. Show you’ve developed a theory of mind. Show you can discuss political issues like an adult and I’ll treat you like one.

Another reason I call those that use the NPC meme childish is that you’re literally playing that game that kids play when they want to annoy the crap out of someone. The shadow or mimic game. The one where the obnoxious child repeats verbatim everything the other person says. Only instead of repeating the things we actually say verbatim, you repeat what the strawprogressives that live in your head are saying. You’ve weaponized a silly game that kids play when they want to annoy big sister. The meme doesn’t change minds or draw fence sitters to your side. All it does is annoy us and reassures the real audience of fellow righties that it’s okay to not view us as humans with inner lives. The meme itself will not cause war or violence, which is why we’re not outraged as you guys claim. We do understand it’s a joke. The problem is, jokes like these contribute to a culture in which violence against outgroups is becoming increasingly socially acceptable. You are mockworthy, but noting the increase in right wing violence over the last decade, troubling all the same. Again, feel free to show me otherwise. Show me that it’s not a joke meant to dehumanize. I’ve engaged you as though you’re a grown up with well thought out positions. Show me you’re worthy of it. Or don’t. I’m happy to go back to mocking you.

Space Battlebutt Bear
Space Battlebutt Bear

I did not ask you to agree with TPUSA. I asked you to observe the actions of people in the video. These actions are the meme. I did not notice this video because I follow TPUSA. I noticed it because it went viral due to the behaviour of some activists who acted like robots. There are several other videos like this, but this one was the first that came to my mind.

(Oh, and Dave Rubin is hot garbage in a suit, just so you know ;D )

FFS read above! LOOK AT THE ACTIONS THAT CREATED THE MEME! You people write absolute dribble.

And the best you can do is “go look at this thing”.

Yes please go look at this thing. I am asking you nicely. I am asking you nicely because you are the butt of the NPC meme-joke!

I’m done here. You people don’t want to understand how actions created a joke. You keep replying to me with numerous pages of nonsense dribble. Its amazing that you can turn a simple video reference into pages of false assumptions and nonsense arguments. Its almost like you are programmed to do it…

@Bear,

So it’s the latter, then.

Sorry, if you don’t understand it well enough to say them clearly without flapping your hands at a propaganda video, I don’t have much of a reason to give your beliefs much credit. Go ahead and ad-hominem at us all you like, it doesn’t make your position any stronger. Your upset is no replacement for evidence.

Roar, roar, slink into the shadows. That’s what I figured.

@AlexReynard,

You idiots always say the same thing when you come in here. “you’re so outraged, that’s why we do it, you’re funny.”

I’d tell you how we aren’t outraged, we’re mocking you, but I already know how that ends. Have seen more than enough robots like you toddling into the chat.

Sigh. They’re all so boring!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

You people write absolute dribble.

I think you meant drivel.

Diptych
Diptych

I would genuinely enjoy seeing right-wingers being made to truthfully and articulately explain leftist views. In as much detail as they can manage.

Vic
Vic

@Diptych:

I actually think they did, and the twitter mess referred to in the OP is the result.

@dumbasstroll:

As usual with trolls of this flavor, every accusation is a confession.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Diptych,

Numerous times here, trolls have been asked to define socialism or radical feminism. They never, ever answer. I too, would enjoy seeing a right winger forced to write credibly sourced essays on the topic.

They always seem to just define these things as “someone I don’t like.”

Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I’d like that too! But I don’t hold out much hope. They can’t even properly define their own beliefs.

Like, seriously, if they were to examine their own beliefs closely enough to define them consistently, they’d fall apart under the contradictions. The survival of those beliefs requires that the adherents don’t have a habit of looking too close.

At least, that’s my best guess! I’d be happy for Bear or
Boring Johnson #314 or whoever to prove me wrong, though.

James Solbakken

“define socialism ”

Marx defined his program in one sentence:

“The abolition of private property.”

To the extent you do not completely abolish private property, maybe you could call your socialism “socialism lite.”

The infamous 10 Planks of Marx’s Manifesto are as follows:

1. Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.

4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5. Centralization of credit in the banks of the state, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6. Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the state.

7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state; the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8. Equal obligation of all to work. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of all the distinction between town and country by a more equable distribution of the populace over the country.

10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children’s factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, etc.”

The more one knows the facts about socialism, and understands it in theory and has knowledge of it in practice, the more one hates it with a passionate intensity, unless one is a psychotic megalomaniac who wants to use socialism to control and oppress people.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

That’s odd. Most of it sounds good to me, with the following exceptions:

3. Let some personal effects be inherited. But not vast fortunes.

4. Who decides who is a “rebel”? Emigrants should be able to take what’s theirs that isn’t bolted down.

6. Bad idea all around. Centralized communication is a huge temptation to engage in censorship, whence “absolute power corrupts absolutely”. And centralized transportation is an engineering single-point-of-failure. But do nationalize infrastructure like the roads (already government-owned in much of the west), railroads, power grid, and network backbone and lease capacity on these.

7. Again too centralized, I think. But workers should own the tools they use, and collectively the workspace and bigger equipment they work in/with, and the company they work for. As for “waste lands” and soil, those should probably have been a separate item. What are “waste lands”? Some significant land must be left to nature, including for species-selfish reasons such as we need the ecosystem services. Agricultural practices that build rather than deplete topsoil must become predominant, though, there I agree.

8. Obligation to work = slavery. But work should earn you some additional spending money, on top of some sort of basic income guarantee or something. And maybe there should be an obligation to work for a company to own shares in the company, see 7 above. And by work for is meant actual work, not some make-work desk job in “middle management” or above.

9. If anything the opposite: we should heavily urbanize. Dense cities with sparse countrysides makes for much more efficient transport, as most will be intracity and the rest can mostly occur along rail corridors. And then more land can be left to nature or put into agricultural production.

10. This is the one item that most of the west has now implemented as standard. Extend it: free education, period, at least within someone’s demonstrated aptitudes and interests (plus the mandatory curriculum, which should include a lot more civics and non-academic life skills and a lot less rote repetitive crap — enough to understand what you’re automating when you use a computer or a calculator, though).

Chester Field

Orange Man Bad! Animation https://youtu.be/O9xLb01gNh8

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Well, Chester Molester, you sure showed us.

comment image

Mabret (née Laugher at Bigots)
Mabret (née Laugher at Bigots)

TROOOOLLLLL in the dungeon!!