brett kavanaugh open thread rape culture sexual assault trump

The Brett Kavanaugh Shitshow: Open Thread

This fucking guy

It’s PLEDGE DRIVE time again! WHTM is now ad free and entirely dependent on folks like you for its continued existence. If you’ve donated already, THANKS! If you haven’t, and you can afford it, please DONATE HERE NOW! Thanks again!

UPDATE: This hearing so so fucking hard to watch. But it’s a disaster for the GOP. Ford is utterly convincing and so, so brave.

By David Futrelle

We’re just hours away from what promises to be one of the most surreal and infuriating Senate hearings ever. News keeps breaking. I’m yelling at my television.

So I’m opening up a thread for everyone who wants to talk about this, to vent, to share breaking news and personal stories. No trolls. (If anyone starts posting trolly or other otherwise problematic shit, email and I will ban them.)

Here are some relevant tweets I’ve run across today:

I will probably be updating this post with new stuff as events develop.

Skiriki
Skiriki

The last two years have been like all the wounds suddenly sprouting open and leaking my strength out. Yeah, #metoo, #whyIdidntreport.

Everything about this fucking blows. I’m barely staying in one piece, and this crap is everywhere. It is not just USA, it is in Europe as well, as well as Finland, all the fucking douchebros are crawling out of woodworks to crow and echo the same crap, again and again and again.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

I read on Yahoo News earlier today that one of the Dem senators is trying a judicial ‘Hail Mary’ pass to stop the hearing in federal court. Argument being that Trump’s refusal to release all the background check papers on Kavanaugh is seriously hampering their ability to investigate for themselves if he’s fit to be a SCOTUS, and thus keeping the senators from doing their job properly. .

Unfortunately I’m on my phone now, and can’t refind the article to link here. 🙁

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

He’s a total scumbag, which is why Drumpf picked him.

Godzilla Roberts
Godzilla Roberts

I’m unsurprised one rapist picked another. I’m also not surprised the line behind Brett is long with women he tried to break, even in passing, the way a cat shoves glasses off the table.

I just can’t.

dustydeste
dustydeste

Spent the last day detailing how rape apologia and disbelief hurts rape survivors on FB because a friend called for help explaining to her mother why it’s a huge fucking issue and jfc it’s been triggering.

Not to mention how sad it makes me every time something like this comes up and I get reminded how many of my high school and college friends are survivors, too. We didn’t fucking deserve this, and it’s appalling how often we have to dredge that shit back up to make a point.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m starting to hope that the nomination is tanked. I’m in this weird mood where I’m enraged and sad at the news these last two weeks and how it’s reminded basically every survivor of their own experiences. At the same, I feel better now because it isn’t a foregone conclusion that Kavanaugh will be on SCOTUS.

Of course, they might have time to get through a different pick during the lame duck session if the Democrats flip the Senate. Then even if the Dems are the majority, we’ll have to convince them to hold the seat open for another two years. Even though fighting back hard is working for the Democrats so much better than their previous roll over and the GOP walk all over them strategy, I still don’t remotely trust them to just be out of fucks about seeming civil.

Bina

I’ve been referring to Kavanaugh and Judge on my blog and elsewhere as rape pimps. BTW, Kavanaugh’s a human-rights-abuse facilitator, too…he helped provide legal rationale for Dubya’s warrantless wiretaps and torture flights — oh sorry, “extraordinary renditions”. So that, already, SHOULD disqualify him for the job, but in Donnieland, it’s bound to be an asset on a résumé.

GRRRRRRRRRR.

JessicaRed
JessicaRed

CW: I’m gonna talk about child abuse after the first bit about sexism.

There was an op-ed by a man who was abused by a priest as a child and never reported until the recent sex abuse scandal was in the news, something like “I was called a hero for reporting that a priest abused me 30 years ago, why isn’t Christine Blasey Ford?”

People were supportive, people were totally understanding of why he didn’t report it, no one questioned his motives or the truth of his story. If it wasn’t written so flippantly like “How could this be, that I, a man, am afforded so much more credibility in reporting my own sexual assault, than a woman??” it would have been a better article.

I was like, YEAH I FUCKING WONDER WHY.

Relatedly, Germany exposed sexual abuse in the Catholic Church dating back to the ’40s, and I did the disgusting math based on the number of cases… It averaged out to more than one per week. Somewhere in Germany, every Sunday since 1946, a child was being sexually abused.

I’m sure anti-Catholic evangelicals and anti-Catholic organizations (like the KKK) are reveling in the latest scandal – which the so-called “Good Pope” has been very sluggish to address (there’s this whole “why o why are young Catholics so disillusioned and leaving the church?” thing he’s doing and I’m like YEAH I FUCKING WONDER WHY) – but the only reason this is a Catholic thing is because they are a monolith, so it’s comparatively “easy” to lay these charges at their feet (whether or not it does any good). I guarantee exactly as much abuse is being done by evangelical bible camp counselors and youth pastors and so on.

I hope something comes of it. I really hope people care, and remember, and something changes, because I am so sick of this shit.

Skylalalalalalala
Skylalalalalalala

So, apparently Christine Ford’s parents are members of the same country club as Kavanaugh’s parents and her father is more concerned about losing his golf membership than what happened to his daughter. https://twitter.com/DogginTrump/status/1045106249472176128

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

So, the Republicans decided to announce now, late at night that two unnamed men have stepped forward to say they think they’re really the ones who assaulted Ford.

The fuck?

What is it about Kavanaugh that the right are so desperate to confirm. I mean, rich white conservative judges are pretty a dime a dozen. What’s so special about this guy that they’re finding guys who inexplicably are admitting to a crime in order to protect him?

This whole thing is just so weird. Are the Kochs or Putin/Russian oligarchs paying a ridiculous amount of money for this SCOTUS seat or something? Given the financial weirdness with Kavanaugh and Anthony Kennedy’s son, I’d have to think so. Something has felt so off about this whole thing from the start. What rulings has Kavanaugh promised to make to get this kind of special treatment? Is it just about his pro-presidential power stance?

Jane Done
Jane Done

Not sure what’s worse.

A rapist having limitless power to subjugate rape victims.

Or the fact that after the entire nation rose as one in outrage in a (failed) attempt to bring one, single white cishet man to justice for rape, no-fucking-thing whatsoever changed, and that male rapist’s name, BROCK TURNER, has practically been erased from public discourse.

Moggie
Moggie

Do we know who paid off BK’s debts yet? Who owns him?

Skylalalalalalala
Skylalalalalalala

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

He’s apparently said he wouldn’t convict Trump if Trump’s crimes ended up before the Supreme Court.

Dalillama
Dalillama

@Jane Done
He’s the textbook definition of a rapist, which will keep his infamy alive for spme while

Moggie
Moggie

Open thread, so here’s a must-read article in the Guardian: This guy doesn’t know anything’: the inside story of Trump’s shambolic transition team. It lays bare just how dysfunctional Team Trump was, and is. Since it makes Chris Christie seem like a sympathetic character, perhaps it should be taken with a pinch of salt. But it’s written by Michael Lewis, author of The Big Short, so it’s entertaining in a “holy shit we’re doomed” way.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Skiriki

It’s not just Europe and Finland, this shit has spread to Latin America as well. Talks of “cultural marxism” and Alex Jones are becoming popular here, even as #MeToo spreads to try to combat misogyny and racism. But of fucking course for every feminist activist out there, there seems to be a legion of angry douchebros yelling “feminazi!” and trying to delegitimize victims in every single post and comments section.

It’s like, for the first time in their life, these fucking people felt their privileges were being threatened, and they’ve come out in full force to turn back the clock on women’s rights by about a fucking century. These fuckers aren’t just trying to question the right of women suffrage, no they are openly debating whether women should be property again.

And with each passing day I feel like all this animosity is going to break out in unspeakable violence.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

@WWTH,

IF these two men exist, I’d wonder what the GOP has on them to make them take the blame for that crime. Like, what were they being blackmailed with to make getting publicly tarred as rapists seem like the lesser evil. Or alternatively, how much money / how good of a job / what bills just got paid off to hire them as the true villians of this story. Be interesting to know, at least to me.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Just spitballin’ here

but I suspect that if they set a precedent of “never raped anyone” ?

the Republicans know too well that they’d never get one of their nominees approved again.

Wild accusations from me here, obviously. Completely spurious.

(All of these motherfuckers are Yale and Harvard and Princeton fratty alums, they know exactly what they all fucking did there, they know the rejection of Kavanaugh means that each and every one of them is fucking vulnerable)

cough – ahem

Oh, yeah, I’m just being ridiculous here. Don’t mind me.

Katamount
Katamount

Following the live-blog over at Wonkette and the commenters are really letting out all the anger and frustration with this shitshow.

There was a great tweet I saw in the comments:

“Brock Turners grow up to be Brett Kavanaughs that then make the rules for future Brock Turners.”

And just to bank off what Diego said, there’s a lot more Brock Turners out there than polite society would like to admit. Fraternities alone are like little incubators for toxic masculinity and frankly it still flabbergasts me that they’re permitted to continue. But every little anonymous Pepe troll, every little anime-Nazi shitposting on Twitter, they all share that same mindset. And because they might put on a suit and tie in the daylight, away from their keyboards, we mistake them for decent people when they’re anything but.

Folks on Wonkette have already said this is worse than Anita Hill, and I’d agree. Whenever somebody disputes the concept of “rape culture,” this will be Exhibit A.

Jenora Feuer
Jenora Feuer

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee:

What is it about Kavanaugh that the right are so desperate to confirm.

In addition to the above comments, by this point there’s the whole macho ‘never show weakness’ attitude. It wouldn’t matter what he did, it wouldn’t matter if the next guy they suggest would be even better, by now it’s not even about winning so much as it’s about refusing to back down. They would rather charge headlong into a meat grinder than look for a way around it.

Because their base has been marinating in that attitude for years, has no concept of diplomacy, and have finally got what they think they want; and that base will mercilessly tear apart anybody who tries to stop and look for an actually better solution.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I remember the Anita Hill hearings. Right now I’m struck by how news consumption has changed – back then, most people couldn’t follow the hearings during the day, and they were limited to either watching the live feed going on when they were done with work, or watching the clips in the evening news. These days, lots of people are watching when they can, and passing around clips. It’s a very different environment.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

@Scildfreja

Bingo!

And to continue with what Katamount said, these senators grew up in the single most privileged environment ever, and one that encouraged and even rewarded misogyny, racism, homophobia (you name it).

If they allow these allegations to go through what’s to stop their own victims to come forward? I generally find that men, who seem irrationally defensive about sexual assault and/or rape allegations, are prone to have skeletons in that particular closet. I remember a particular Latino youtuber who kept on haranguing about “due process” and “lynch mobs” until it was discovered that he sent dick pics to a 12 year old girl as a “joke”.

And then there’s frats. Let’s face it, no other country in the world seems to have them and, as a non-US citizen, my impression is that they started (and are maintained) precisely to preserve White, male privilege. There have been plenty of articles over the recent years about former frat members and donors demanding that no POC be admitted into their former frats, lest the frat lose their donations.

Likewise, an often cited study from 2007 found that women are more likely to be raped in a frat than a poor and violent neighborhood.

Frats are the equivalent of gangs for wealthy White men. I am absolutely certain that these senators all have something to hide in those regards.

SinisterPigeon
SinisterPigeon

As a person who was lucky enough to personally never endure this I have the luxury to only experience disgust and rage at this nonsense rather then what many other people are feeling.

I almost lost it at the Airplane questioning though. That is some Chewbacca Defense level nonsense. That is equivalent to saying that just because Trump claims to be a germaphobe it means it is impossible for him to have fathered his children as he claims he did.

I am so sorry to people who have to watch this woman battle monsters with their own monsters still behind them.

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@Moggie:

Thanks for posting the link to that Guardian article! It was fascinating, and I probably wouldn’t have read it otherwise.

TreePerson
TreePerson

Off topic but good news my sister is getting married this weekend!

Handsome :Punkle Stan: Jack

being socially isolated and hated by all is sometimes a very deserving punishment for fucking asshole parents and i hope they fucking get spit on every day of their lives

and the country club kicks them out anyway

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

While discussing the Kavanaugh allegations, a woman in Montana argues that an 18-year-old male groping a woman “is not a big deal.”

Yeah, we know… that’s the whole issue in a nutshell. To the powerful MEN who run the world, the assault of a woman is unimportant.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

And perjury is a-ok, too. :P:P:P

Bananananana dakry: Short-Haired, Fat, and Deranged

I just fucking can’t. I can’t. People like me walk around all the time with at least a subconscious level of fear and frustration while people like THEM think it’s A-OK to use, abuse, and throw away us because we don’t have their power, privilege, color or gender, and rig the rules to further favor themselves. Not when my stepmother, a therapist and a lovely woman who likely dealt with many such client experiences, died a week ago. I just freaking can’t. I’m glad I’ve got a counseling session in a week or so, because with this bottled reserve of frustration, rage, and grief I’m not sure I can handle it much longer.

Fuck them all.

Z&T
Z&T

@ Bananananana dakry,

I’m very sorry to hear about your stepmother’s passing. She sounds like a wonderful person who helped many.

My mom passed in October of last year. I am reminded as this date is coming up. I too am upset by various things, including many current events, to the point where it could drive me to drink. And has. But I have to cut down, drinking is not the answer.

I am trying to go back to more healthy eating, I have to move forward in general and it’s a start. I almost went to the store today, I forced myself to do some chores and convinced myself to make a healthy dinner. It’s going to be pasta and salad. I challenged myself to cook with what I have so will not be tempted to get any alc. or junk food. I saw that a jar of pasta sauce I had recently expired. It’s unopened so I’m sure it’s still fine.

I should use it soon though and that decided me. Thank you expired pasta sauce.

I have to move forward and I know my mom would want me to. It isn’t easy and with many issues I’m really having to force myself. Even little things, chores, healthy eating, I’m really lacking in motivation and all the recent events are not helping either.
But, I’m trying to hang in there and move forward little by little as best I can. There have been many days, and many times throughout the days, where I have been repeating to myself: just keep going.

I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that stress stays away.
Take care of yourself,

– Z

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

@Bananananana dakry

May the memory of your stepmother be a blessing for all who knew her.

@Z&T

Thank you. It’s… surreal. Mr. Dakry and I saw her and my dad towards the beginning of this year (we live across the country). She wasn’t well then and I know she was getting sicker in recent months, but this is still clean out of the blue, even for my father. Mentally, though, she was still a lovely, compassionate, and vital person. I’m trying to reconcile this with the fact she’s just… gone. Fucking bereavement at work doesn’t even give time for stepparents. Dad didn’t expect me to go to the funeral given the distance, but still.

This and all this political bullshit and work whingeing about metrics is kicking the crap out of me, emotionally. I haven’t eaten too healthy either recently, and motivation is a lot harder for me right now. I’m praying that something good falls out from all of this, and frankly I’m not sure how theistic I am about that even. At the same time I’m sickened and enraged by how my native faith has been perverted by the powerful and the pedantic voice of reality and science is making me doubt anything more than this, I’m envious my father is still keeping his faith despite his recent grief.

I’ve got a headache and a leaden ball in my chest, and fuck, now I want to crawl into yet another pint of Ben n’ Jerry’s, despite the price and the fact it and the soda’s not doing my weight or my knees any favors. I also have to work tonight. Crap.

@Victorious Parasol

I think it was. A lot of her clients came to her visitation, so I’m told. That’s a lot of people she influenced for the better.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@Bananananana dakry, <3 please take care of yourself my duck, all our love.

@Scildfreja

Thank you. That means quite a bit, coming from the foremost troll-deflator we have. I know I should have been screaming louder before about all this bullshit going down, but it’s a positive feedback loop where I feel worse, lose motivation further, and feel worse for that. Even before this current loss hit.

I just keep thinking about Langston Hughes’s poem “Watts” and what happens to a dream deferred.

“Maybe it just sags like a heavy load.
…or does it explode?

Bananananana dakry: Short-Haired, Fat, and Deranged

Was wrong about the title. It’s “Harlem (Dream Deferred)”.

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

/me sends @Bananananana dakry sympathies and cat purring vibrations

I’m gonna echo Scildfreja, please don’t be afraid to put yourself first right now. <3

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

it’s absolutely a positive feedback loop. Catharsis doesn’t work, screaming angrily into the void just makes the anger come easier next time and stay longer than it ought.

Cut a hole through the hate, divert it around you. Rock in a river, and all that. It’ll still be there when you get back, and you’ll be better rested to take meaningful action.

I’m sure sleep is difficult. Food and water are a reasonable substitute, so make sure you stay hydrated and fed, even if you don’t want to eat. Oatmeal is nice for that, i find.

Pay attention to your breathing. Not too deep, not too fast. If you ever feel the anger overtaking you, stop what you’re doing and take a few slow breaths. Five seconds in, three seconds hold, seven seconds out. Lungs three-quarters full at most. Anxiety and panic are related to your blood acidity; those breathing patterns will reduce the carbon dioxide in your blood and allow your autonomic response to ease a little. Meditation is good too, if you’re inclined.

You’re gonna be fine. I know you can get through it. <3 Allow yourself to take it slow when you need to.

– S

Michael Suttkus, II
Michael Suttkus, II

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It’s all about timing. Under normal circumstances, derailing Kavanaugh’s nomination would be no big deal. He gets dumped, the guy with no agenda in the White House picks the next guy off their list of anti-choice proto-fascists and the process begins again.

But right now they’re in trouble. You’ve got the elections coming up in November. Some of those are going to be close. Some of those might go to the Supreme Court. Would be nice to have a majority of Conservative partisans in time for that.

More pressingly, though, is that they may well lose control of one or both houses of Congress. If that happens, the “Process begins again” above gets derailed. They don’t have time to get another nominee through the process before the election. Every extra Democrat seated makes it that much harder for them to force through a hyper-partisan extremist monster.

It’s why they will not stand for even a pretense of an investigation. Any delay gives power to the Democrats.

Kavanaugh is their only option for getting control of the court finalized before the election. Blocking Kavanaugh is our only option for stopping them from controlling the court for the foreseeable future.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

Brain bleach to give those upset by recent events something to recharge with:

Big cats playing with boxes.

Big cats with toilet paper.

@Scildfreja

I do understand. I’ve been here long enough and read enough WHTM articles to know how MRAs, incels and others hatewank, get addicted to it, and then it gets to the point where they take potentially lethal action. My positive feedback loop, OTOH, while including anger, is more frustration, disgust, despair, and self-directed loathing and anger for Not Doing More, whatever the fuck that’s supposed to be, I guess.

I know addiction to anger as well as hatred is potentially destructive, okay? I know it reinforces itself. But…damn it. Because of my gender, I’m told I’m supposed to Be Nice. To Get Along. To let other people have whatever they want, because of course it’s always more important than whatever I want, whatever it is, and apologize and diminish myself in their favor. I work at a retail job where I have to keep my true feelings about some people bottled up, no matter how stupid and cruel they may be to me. And the left-leaning Christianity I was raised in does believe there is a place for righteous anger at injustice, to use it as a motivating factor to fix it. To quote Mr. Nancy, “Anger gets SHIT DONE.”

I just feel like I’m being gelded of my feelings sometimes by the world, my right to hurt, while these assholes are allowed to temper tantrum like huge spoiled brats when their candy is being taken away. I’m not a damn robot and I can’t push how I feel away. I demand a right to my own anger!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

@Bananananana dakry, all my sympathy – I’m really sorry you have lost somebody who sounds like a wonderful person. I hope you are able to give yourself some looking-after, and that you have some support close around you :-s
It’s a long slow process, I know – my wishes for you too, Z&T; I’m years further along but it’s the same street. {{{to all of us with that absence in our lives}}}
(those { } are supposed to read as virtual hugs, btw)

Marshmallow Stacey Maximal (formerly bluecat)
Marshmallow Stacey Maximal (formerly bluecat)

To much really to process right now and most of it awful and upsetting in many different ways.

But a person who interests me now is Renate Dolphin, one of the 65 women the Republicans found to sign a letter stating that Kavanaugh had never raped them – kind of the “look at all the banks I didn’t rob” defence for him. And that he’d always treated women respectfully.

Except now she knows he didn’t always treat women respectfully, specifically not her, and that he was part of a group of boys boasting about her as a sexual “conquest” in the yearbook.

That is an interesting learning curve for a right-wing woman to find herself on.

Bina

Hugs to all who need them right now. And all the big cats in all the boxes. Kitties are kitties, no matter what size.

In a world which is otherwise fucked-up, I take comfort in the kittiness of them.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

You absolutely do deserve your anger, every drop of it. My only reason for the post was the help you if it was overwhelming you. Go breathe some fire on those motherfuckers! I’m the last person in the world to want to stop you.

@Scildfreja

Thank you. No, it’s more all the shit from recent that was overwhelming me. Typing that last sentence in my prior post was… oddly freeing, and draining, in a “I just bawled my eyes out for two hours” kind of way.

Not supposed to take ’em during the day, but the Xanax and sleeping until midafternoon does seem to have helped a bit with a mental reset. I’m feeling calmer now.

It all still sucks, though. Except for Mr. Dakry. And our new rescue kitty, who after four months is still timid about pets and sudden movements but now thinks I’m keen enough to mew at, baff three feet away from my computer chair, and show off massive amounts of white kittybelly while having rollypollies.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Sometimes a good cry is *exactly* what’s needed. It’s great for closure. And what you said is absolutely true. You’ve got a right to all of your feelings, whatever they are.

Your kitty sound absolutely adorable. (I mean, they are all adorable but they sound especially adorable)

@Scildfreja

Actually I didn’t cry, though I’ve had the stress headache and lead ball of grief in stomach. I still need to work through that.

But just being able to type I have a right to be angry, with force… it’s like something tight snapped free in me. A big “whew”. I seem to have internalized some half-ass idea that I should denigrate and minimize myself along the way. People have noted my self-depreciating humor, but haven’t realized the source of it. I think I got fed up with myself.

Who knows, maybe stepmom posthumously did something. *wry grin*

And the kitty is ludicrously adorable and has the cutest damn tiny mews ever. She’s a little snowshoe that barely dodged the bullet in a high-kill shelter due to ringworm before the rescue pulled her and was pretty traumatized by it all, so no wonder she has baggage. It’s wonderful she’s opened up enough and learned to like us enough to put that much trust in her body language. Hopefully soon we can get more pettings than just the occasional nose boop and face mash. We have taken to calling her the Ice Cream Beast because god help me her coloring reminds me of a hot fudge sundae. 😀

As I write she’s now three feet away from my computer chair, balled up and dozing. She only comes over and does this when I’m sitting here. It feels… pretty darn awesome. 🙂

littlem
littlem

First, Dave, you were & have been ahead of the curve

@weirwoodtreehugger

The short answer there is, I’d venture, yes.

In addition to the multiple reasons others have mentioned (I’m late to the thread as I’ve been both monitoring and writing threads about these shambolic hearings), I don’t think it’s been determined who or what entity paid that huge gambling debt he’d accrued prior to his interviews – judicial nominees are not supposed to be carrying significant debt prior to nomination to a higher seat, especially if it’s gambling debt, FFS – but I think we can make an educated guess.

But with Kompromat like that, they then have a SCOTUS nominee they can control, which could lead to plenty of 5-4 decisions by which they could shape US law in their favor (unless and until we impeach him, as Senator Whitehouse said he would be carrying that investigation forward to its completion regardless of the ultimate outcome of the Senate hearings).

Which is a sufficiently chilling thought that I’m only going to mention it once, as I don’t even want to think about it.

kat
kat

I suspect one or more of his friends were the actual culprits and he witnessed it and said nothing(which still makes him look bad imo). then over time, Ford forgotten most of the details and mistakenly thought it was him or something. but still kavanaugh isn’t fit for supreme court