doggoes jordan "slappy" peterson misogyny PUA twitter

Worst. Pickup. Line. Ever. (Courtesy of Jordan Peterson)

Ewww

By David Futrelle

Well, this little joke went over well on Twitter so I thought I’d post it here too.

Here’s one that didn’t go over quite as well. But it might just come to haunt your dreams.

Some good-ass tweets by people who aren’t me:

Skylalalalalalala
Skylalalalalalala

kupo
August 18, 2018 at 7:37 pm
What we dislike about them is that they hate women and celebrate when women are murdered. Plus they want women to have no agency in sexual matters.

I think you could have left off the last 3 words & been equally as accurate about the beliefs of most incels.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie
Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Intergalactic Meanie

@mildlymagnificent,

calmdown
calmdown

Sorry about the double/grammatically wrong image post from a few pages ago. I don’t know why it posted my first one 10 hours later. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

So is London Pilgrim a liar? They claimed people are trying to prevent other people from reading Peterson, and when I challenged them to back this accusation up there was no response at all.

I think London Pilgrim is a liar. It would be easy to quote something like that, if they could. But they don’t.

They have the ability to throw up lots of text that is not directly tied to anything or anyone, notice that they never quote anyone, or cite anything. 15 pages of text in the document where I’ve copied and pasted all of their comments to have fun with. But they won’t toss up any text at all to answer the simple question about who is preventing people from reading Peterson from me, and many other requests that they show where they saw something.
So they don’t have the guts to back their shit up once they’ve spewed it up on the screen. They won’t quote because they can’t.

I’m going through all their comments and I’m going to pull out the assertions about reality. I’m going to do that because It will be a list of things that London Pilgrim simply feels things about, but are also things that London Pilgrim doesn’t have the guts to back up. To me they will be likely lies. If there are any interesting patterns in there I’ll post them. But so far I find them a seriously sickening person willing to talk shit about people with no sense of personal responsibility to stand for what they say. If I knew them personally I would shame and shun them.

There’s another simple word for this behavior. Gossip. London Pilgrim is a Gossip.

What does everyone think? Is a resistance to quoting assertions about people a common pattern in some of these trolls? They do seem to love their blanket disparagement without personal responsibility.

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

@London Pilgrim you replied this: (quoted in a few places throughout this reply)

The article you quote from was bigoted on many levels. It seems what they call ‘feminine’ behaviour- basically being helpful and agreeable- is problematic in girls but helpful to boys. If a boy does it then it is OK and by implication the girls are supposed be served by the boys- like princesses.

To my comment here.

Okay, let’s just back this up a step. All of what I’m writing here is going to assume a ‘traditional’ view of women and men. They are married, because that is also traditional. They have 2,5 children, a picket fence, a bungalow, and a nice car. Husband works his job, woman is a stay-at-home-mom.

Now, I want you to think about the qualities you value in traditional Women and Men. Women, who take care of the ‘inside’ (home and usually the emotional wellbeing of those in the household) and Men, who take care of the ‘outside’ (work, making money, providing for a family).

Of the two options, ‘inside’ and ‘outside’, which one do you think has more time spent on teaching the child to be ‘helpful and agreeable’?

I’ll wait a moment….

Girls. Young women are taught to be helpful and agreeable, to aid them in managing the ‘inside’ spheres they will be responsible for in the future. They need to make sure that the children are happy, and that their husband is content in his life. They need to ensure that the grocery shopping is done, that food is prepared on time.

What do boys learn? Not that. Emotional labour is something that is not prioritised in a traditional masculine upbringing. This is incredibly unfortunate, because this helps to contribute to happier relationships.

(All, not just romantic. Friendships and familial relationships need emotional labour as well. Call your parents. And then text that one friend who you have been meaning to a cute baby animal gif, they’ll like that you thought of them and shared it.)

Being able to understand and take part in the emotional labour of a relationship means that a man can actually hold their own end up.

What is emotional labour? Here’s a comic about a woman needing to be a manager to her husband, “Just ask and I’ll help!” style.

Here is an annotated pdf of a huge metafilter thread on Emotional Labour. It was incredibly eye opening for me, both in what I performed and what I expected to be performed for me.

Reading through that thread, how many of the behaviours are (in a traditional upbringing and worldview) gendered as female?

All of them? Spoilers: it’s all of them.

THIS is why boys benefited from the Princesses they watched. Because they were being shown that ‘being helpful and agreeable’ were things that they could do, qualities they could possess.

Girls already know that. All girls media is focused on being a friend. I swear to everything I hold dear, all girls media is focused on that. Even the good stuff (Ponies, I’m looking at you!) still has strong themes of friendship. It isn’t *wrong*, it’s just… There. Always. *sigh*

The point the study was making, that you seem to have missed, is that these things *are not a focus* in socialising boys. Girls *already* do this, they aren’t being ‘served by the boys’, they are serving the boys. That is traditional gender roles. Which you have previously advocated for.

The trouble with this is that helping others actually feels better than relying on others.

What? Helping others… Like, the little boys in this study helping other kids, unlike the little girls, who rely on the little boys to help them? Am I parsing that right?

Because that is exactly not what is happening.

Sometimes you help, sometimes others help you. The *point* is that both binary genders (as well as all that aren’t binary, but we’re dealing with a traditional mindset here. I just wanted to acknowledge that I was being very binary.) have the capacity to do *both actions*.

Why are little boys pushed towards aggression, while little girls are pushed towards home making and friendliness?

Here’s an article talking about how early gender programming starts.

Here’s another article on gendered clothing for young children, and a relevant quote.

One afternoon, while my wife was at work, the kid and I put all the new/old clothes in a heap and sorted through them. He reached into the giant pile of fabric and pulled out a pair of gray tights covered in multi-color hearts. He was instantly in love with them. In fact, he wanted to wear them every day.

This got me thinking about symbolism and gender in a brand new way. We know that our culture expects women and femmes to do the vast majority of emotional labor. What I realized on that day is that clothing intended for little girls is often covered with symbolism promoting that very labor.

Clothing for little boys? Not so much. A heart is an organ we all have, and all children have emotions and need to learn to deal with them. Yet, a heart is a gendered symbol. Little boys get trucks and superheroes and trains and dinosaurs, and all sorts of fun stuff on their clothes…but you’ll be hard pressed to find a boy’s shirt with a heart on it.

Little boys are being told, from a very young age, that feelings don’t matter, or at least shouldn’t matter to them. They’re learning that feelings are for girls alone.

This just isn’t fair. Everyone should be able to enjoy a full range of emotions, from nurturing to aggression. But, traditionally, we can’t. Each person has their place, ‘inside’ or ‘outside’, and there are emotions that are both prescribed and proscribed in those stations.

The feminists are training little girls into a lifetime of miserable dependency which makes sense because they are miserable and dependent upon the state.

A social safety net is important. I am lucky that I come from a place that has one, I don’t have to worry about being bankrupt and homeless if I get sick. But that is a different argument, and not one that I am going to be drawn into right now, with your gish galloping.

Looking forward to your reply to Scildfreja, as well as your concrete examples of leftists saying that men must marry. I did notice the goal post shifting you allowed yourself, in that now it is the entirety of the left and not just on this specific site. Guess you couldn’t find any examples, eh?

I hope you read these. I hope you look at my links, and google around a bit using similar search terms for yourself. But mostly, I hope some lurkers enjoyed this overly long reply to something that was only a couple of paragraphs, haha.

I should get to bed. U____U

London Pilgrim

@Rhuu

Thank you. I will read the links later I promise.

My point was simply that the male role in relationships was to give and the female to receive- and giving is the better deal.

Men support women, take them to places and give orgasms as best we can. This, to a man, seems very much like paradise to the woman and yet women are not happy. There is always a richer man, or a date that goes wrong. Women’s magazines encourage women to count and measure the orgasms they receive rather than experience them… and therefore what seems like heaven to men becomes a hell to women.

Has it occurred to you that this ‘list’ of emotional labour was never wanted by men in the first place? Personally I experience it as manipulation though I am sure much of it is well meant. I would still far rather women did not do it. Maybe women like it done to them? If so this would be a solution.

Maybe we should just value women as women and men as men rather than forcing them into roles that make them unhappy?

I think of a man as a stripped down version of a woman. Basically he was built to get things done. He has the basic set of emotions but not the endless complexity that women seem to have. His chief need is to be busy and to get things done. Give him a hole to dig and he is happy!

If I am right.. and I have been reminded of my biases.. then this is good news for both men and women. Women can continue to be served and men can continue to be busy. Men enjoy pleasing women so why not let them do it? Sometimes we will buy the wrong thing or take you to the wrong places. These things happen. It does not mean we do not love you.

And.. don’t do any of this ‘emotional labour’. Most of us would rather you did not. Just be happy. This is all we really require from you.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Oh really? Because earlier in the thread you were outraged that we weren’t holding your hand through polite debate. Not just us specifically. Feminists in general.

In other words, we were refusing to fulfill our gender role and do the emotional labor of gently defending feminism in a way that doesn’t sting any manfeels.

Do you truly not realize that the reputation feminists have for man hating is mostly due to the fact that most of us aren’t willing to act as a mommy to misogynistic men?

Thanks for giving us permission to not soothe your fee-fees while we disagree with your claims that women don’t really want or need rights anyway. Noted.

Brony, Social Justice Cenobite

@WWTH
Yes. They were so unhappy with all that anger. So weak and incapable of picking out the substance of what people are saying with anger alongside it.

And London Pilgrim is still weak even as you all do the labor of linking, quoting and explaining instead of asserting like a lazy child as they did when they described feminists as wanting something like Nero’s Rome as an example.

They are blind to the labor women have been pressured to perform, even as they are incompetent at supporting anything they believe.

London Pilgrim

@treehugger

You may be misremembering but you are half right. It is better to admit when someone has made a valid point than to call them a goat raper for example.

This sort of thing does not help the truth.

Richard Ford

@Rhuu

I found the HuffPost peice about the tragic boy upsetting. A boy decided he liked pink and was dressed as a girl and paraded around by the mother as an ideological freak show.

If an adult man decides he wishes to become a transvestite he may do so- but a young child should not have such things forced upon them. It is abuse and she should lose the child if she is not prepared to stop.

London Pilgrim

@Rhuu

The theme that unites the links seems to be question of individual rights. The pink boy was paraded around as a political statement because in the final analysis he has no rights. He is an example of a group that has to be brought into line with a restrictive feminist view of what boys should be.

Ultimately it is not even a hate crime because the boy as an individual is invisible and therefore not hated as such. It is just that the boy is the symbol of men in general and men must always be controlled and managed.

Crys T
Crys T

Ffs, this has long passed the point of being entertaining. Imho, LP should be set the task of answering in his next comment a list of questions he’s been avoiding. He should have to do so in a direct, honest way, with no prevarication, goalpost-shifting or other tricks. For his assertions, he should have to supply verifiable evidence.

If he doesn’t do this, it’s time for the ban hammer.

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

1. What women’s magazine is this, Otto?
2. No one I know has ever left a guy for a ‘richer man’.
3. I don’t even want to know what ‘a date that goes wrong’ means.

Well, my husband does sometimes get the wrong brand of cream cheese, but I’ve never held it against him. Not so much trouble with wrong places now that we have smartphones.

Look, the pathetic cry for men to be allowed to be men, just simple men, trying to please their giddy demanding wives as best they can, is not fooling anyone here.

I’m a feminist. I’m married. My friends are feminists. Many of them are married. In real life, we are not locked in endless battle with our spouses, crying because they got us the wrong slipcovers, and wishing they looked a bit more like Robert Redford. We chose these men, we married them, we’re partners with them in life. Some of us have a traditional division of labor in our marriages, some don’t. But soothingly invoking this mid-century vision in which women could have such lovely lives if only they weren’t being lied to by a version of feminism that seems to involve Andrea Dworkin heading Cosmopolitan Magazine is simply not gonna make it.

Get real. Please. Life wasn’t simple in 1960, or 1860, or at any time prior to that, but women’s lives are better when we can choose what to do with our own lives.

End of the damn story.

London Pilgrim

@Rhuu

I read the Emotional Labour pdf. By god! There is a reason they call it labour!

It is a story of a woman who always involved herself with other people’s buiness without them asking. Her intentions were good but she became angry and tired. Then she stopped- and nobody noticed the ‘labour’ she was not doing.

Her solution seems to be that men should do more of what made her unhappy. Why? I think I would rather follow her example which seems to be working for her.

I have saved it for later because I am a connosur of crazy.

steph
steph

Has @London got the ban hammer yet?

London Pilgrim

@podckayne

1. A date going wrong is where a women taken to a place she has already been or does not like that much.

2. Women leave men for richer men all the time. They just explain it differently. ‘He was a loser’ ext ext. next time you hear this you know what it means.

3. It is all magazines aimed at younger women.

Good for you for not crying if your husband gets the wrong cream cheese- but would you be prepared to let him choose his Own Favourite brand of cheese. Now that Really Would be radical

Steph
Steph

Seriously – as a day later he is still trolling with his strawmen and refusal to supply evidence for his statements I vote ban.

Crys T
Crys T

I agree with @Steph. Troll is Gish Galloping all over the place, ignoring every inconvenient question, and some people are dancing to his tune by actually engaging with his non sequiturs rather than insisting he answer the questions he’s already been asked.

Why is he being rewarded for deliberately disrespecting everyone here?

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

[Post removed because I realized that I misread Robert Ford/London Pilgrim’s post. In that particular case, he wasn’t raping any goats, which is certainly a change that needs to be encouraged.]

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

JFC, dude. Emotional labor is literally the social glue that makes a relationship, or a household, function. It’s anticipating and planning and allocating resources wisely. It’s sending birthday cards and nurturing friendships and taking care of sick people and making appointments and showing up at parent teacher conferences and budgeting meals and buying light bulbs and taking care of a thousand other little details. You want to blow all that off because it’s too complicated and go dig a hole, well, somebody’s still got to decide where and why and when and how deep and which shovel to use.

Furthermore, women aren’t doing this emotional labor just for you. They’re doing it for themselves too. If women quit doing it, not only do they incur social isolation and disapproval, they too have to live with the disorganized chaos that comes from nobody making doctor’s appointments and the toilet paper never getting replaced and dirty dishes festering in the sink. The kids suffer too, with no one taking them to birthday parties and making sure they do their homework and put on sunscreen. Men see this stuff as optional, because they don’t want to do it. Guess what? Women don’t enjoy doing it either. But somebody has to do it. Like Jordan Peterson says: clean your room. (It’s pathetic that this is considered ground breaking advice in 2018, but there we are.)

My advice to you is don’t get married. Enjoy your solitude and the freedom that comes from not giving a shit about anybody but yourself. But then don’t complain about your grey socks and wrinkled shirts, and the intimacy and rich friendships that failed to materialize to sustain you in your old age while you were off being a simple Diggy Diggy Hole guy.

You’ve also just lost the argument about enforced monogamy. You’ve admitted women are much happier not having to do all the work that would be expected of her in a traditional marriage, and that men are largely unappreciative of it. You don’t have a compelling reason for traditional marriage, other than some vague gut opinion that women need to be under a man’s control. But you can’t even back up that opinion with logic.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What is it with troll’s magazine obsession? Is he commenting from the 1980’s? Young women mostly don’t even read magazines anymore. This is why Instagram models are more famous and culturally relevant than the traditional runway and print model.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

You’re not right. Being reminded of your biases is not enough to defeat them. That’s trying to use willpower to defeat them. Which just makes it worse.

Men and women have the exact same brain structures and signals with regards to emotion. They have the exact same basis for emotions as women.

Men are different emotionally, though. hey are taught from a very young age that what you’re saying is true – that they don’t have emotions, that women are complicated and over-emotional, that they themselves are emotionally simple. This doesn’t mean that they don’t have those emotions, just that their emotions are suppressed.

So, yes. You’ve been manipulated and lied to for your entire life. Not by women – by society itself. You’ve been told that you don’t have emotions, that your emotions are simple and worthy of little. That women are fickle and complex and manipulative. Hysterical is the traditional word, in reference to the uterus.

The things you take as simple biological truths about the differences between men and women are Victorian rationalizations built on far more ancient bigotries. Given your romance with the dream of scientific empire, there’s little surprise.

I could crack apart the rest of your statements there, but this is a poor dialectic. shouting from your ships off the coastline like that, we can scarcely hear you.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Scidfreja – I think Thetis wrapped him in plastic and put him inside a diving bell before dipping him in the Styx.

cornychips
cornychips

@london

You sound like a child who has never dated longer than a few weeks. Maybe thats bc you fucking suck as a human.

I dont care if im insulting you. The comments you shat out has been insulting to men and women.

@everyone

The transphobic comments should be an immediate ban. Richard ford a la “transvestite freak show” comments.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I want to give him the boot for that transphobic snarl, too, but I also know he’s trying for the ban, because he knows he has nothing. Being banned is the graceful way out for him. Instead of having to come face-to-face with his own cowardice, he gets to swagger out of the conversation with “they banned me, they can’t face the truth.”

Not that I’m saying we shouldn’t give him what he wants, but it makes me grumble, I guess. GRUMBLE GROMBLE

Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell
Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell

@London Pilgrim

What if the boy wants to wear pink?

LindsayIrene

London Pilgrim’s portrayals of men and women are what you might get if you grew a brain in a jar and exposed it to no stimuli other than Two And A Half Men reruns.

Can’t explain the odious transphobia, other than that he’s an a-hole.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It seems to be common theme for MRA types. They get all their information about women from TV shows and movies written by men and reject out of hand anything women say about ourselves. Because hack sitcom writers obviously know more about us than we do.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

@london boy

Women’s magazines seem to feature heavily in your perceptions of who women are and what women want, and that’s pretty disturbing to be honest. That’s just garbage journalism and body shaming propaganda, and you know, I don’t know many women who actually buy and read this stuff. It’s just mostly advertising and airbrushed models and celeb gossip. Maybe a few young women are seduced into buying it because it’s meant to be ‘for them’, but people grow up. Most feminists would take issue with the male ceos of publishing houses targeting young women with this demeaning dross. Do you think women really count their orgasms? Do you know any women in real life? Or just ones in magazines?

Rhuu - apparently an illiterati
Rhuu - apparently an illiterati

Okay, I am going to email David, the transphobic shit from London Pilgrim and his INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS ALT ACCOUNT Richard Ford (did you think we didn’t notice??????????) is just too much.

@our ”””two””” trolls –

You wanted a ‘conversation’ with feminists. You got that, from many people. Since you want women to stop doing emotional labour, you don’t get to dismiss the people who had absolutely no time for your shit, and told you so. They didn’t do any of the emotional labour that pretending that you’re here for an honest conversation requires.

You got a few people who did put the time, effort, and labour in to speak to you civilly. You disrespected them as well.

@Buttercup pointed out how essential emotional labour is. This is probably one of the reasons incels are so bitter, no one is performing this for free for them, and they were proooomiiiiiiised that someone wouuuuld take caaaare of themmmmmmmmmmm! WTF is with them needing to be fully capable human beings themselves? Not fair! They were told that men are just ‘stripped down women’ (????? I want to see the science on THIS one, for sure!) and that women would complete all of their emotional needs!

And about your biases – you took an article about how a parent allows their child to choose whatever clothing they would like, without being aggressively told that they couldn’t wear pink, hearts, or tutus as a child being *forced* to wear pink.

As a child who was forced to wear pink, I can tell you it really really sucks. The flip side is, I was also told I was supposed to love pink, and have it be my favourite colour.

But since that article said “I let my kid choose whatever clothing they want, regardless of what arbitrary section it’s in”, your reading couldnt’ have been further off from what was literally in front of you, on the screen?????

And since you’re so about ‘traditional values’, here’s a funny story about that.

I can see he’s trying to get banned, which is honestly pretty pathetic. Now he gets to tell himself (and maybe his friends) that he was talking truth! And they banned him for it!

But really he was just banned for being tedious and a shitty transphobic jerk. You jerk.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

Women can continue to be served and men can continue to be busy.

LP will hunt a mammoth for us?

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

He hates cream cheese, so think it would be difficult for him to have a preferred brand. I am the only one in the house who eats it. He does have very strong feelings about lunch meat and aluminum foil, and gets the types he prefers. This isn’t radical, particularly, it’s just how people get groceries.

This is a little surreal, you know.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

This troll may be about to get the banhammer, but at least he left us with one memorable thing.

You’re oppressing your husband with your cream cheese preference is classic old school MRA troll stuff right there.

dr. ej
dr. ej

I know he’s about to get banned, but I’m hung up on this one thing from London Pilgrim.

Men support women, take them to places and give orgasms as best we can.

In these situations, the women are completely passive. They have no say in where they are taken. The concern about the “date gone wrong” (as defined above) could be completely eliminated if you just ask for her opinion. She could easily tell you that she doesn’t like a particular restaurant or that she just went there last week. Treating women as individuals with their own thoughts and opinions could solve a lot of problems here.

kupo
kupo

@dr. ej

I’m sure it’s misandry that I get to pick where we eat, and if I don’t want to eat there we don’t. Of course, it’s because of food allergies and how well a given restaurant handles those. And I usually just narrow it down and let him pick from there. And I’d rather just not go out to eat at all and just make my own food. Which is all misandry because I’m the one making these decisions, of course.

London Pilgrim

@Buttercup

I never said I required this ’emotional labour’ from you. You acknowledge this and then say I am not entitled to it.

Do you see the problem? It is a statement not worth making.

You also believe the TV adverts and assume I can neither cook nor iron. Even in 1950 most men could do this- you seem to be a couple of centuries behind the rest of us.

I have always found that behind every feminist is someone who does not understand industrial civilization- as if it were a choice between ideological feminism and the 17th century. Really, it is as if political correctness is somehow holding the modern world in being and the modern world would disappear if we all loosened up a bit.

If feminism disappeared tomorrow few people would notice.

cornychips
cornychips

If feminism disappeared tomorrow few people would notice.

Fucking citation please. “Few people” – you mean, YOU wouldn’t notice. I bet a whole bunch of women would notice, but I guess women aren’t people. Fuck you.

kupo
kupo

I never said I required this ’emotional labour’ from you.

Yet you praise Scildfreja for performing it and state most feminists are irrational for not providingthis labor.

If feminism disappeared tomorrow few people would notice.

Notice how he still doesn’t think women are people.

Tell me, LP, if feminism is so toothless as you’re asserting here, why even bother coming here?

Jesalin: Clit-o-centric Lesbian Goddess
Jesalin: Clit-o-centric Lesbian Goddess

Much as I hate transphobic jackasses, we already have a regular who’s a TERF, may as well let him stick around a bit longer and get demolished even more.

Yutolia the Green Hash Thing
Yutolia the Green Hash Thing

If feminism disappeared tomorrow few people would notice.

Actually, I think most people would notice – including you, London, since the idea that women are people, have agency, and deserve rights seems to terrify you.

And seriously, this idea that people on the left are saying that men should be required to marry but women shouldn’t? I want a source for this, because I think this came from your mind and your mind alone.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

Few people would notice? You must have your head right up your arse if you think that. And you bring up that tired incompetent man trope from adverts, bloody hell, why are you so hung up on women’s magazines and adverts? Thought you “woke” guys that stuff was just for the sheeple and normies? Funny the effect it has on you, you must be highly suggestable and gullible.
Negative stereotypes in the media have a damaging effect on both genders. That’s why, in case you missed it, the advertising standards commission are getting rid of these sexist tropes. That includes the bumbling incompetent men who are ‘oppressing’ you.

Virgin Mary
Virgin Mary

@ London boy

You seem terribly hung up on the main stream media for a someone who considers themselves awake. First women’s magazines, now adverts.

You do know negative gender stereotypes hurt men as well?

tim gueguen

What is this supposed to mean, exactly? How has anyone here shown they don’t understand industrial civilisation?

You seem to have missed the underlying message of the clueless men in TV ads. It’s that men can’t be trusted with “women’s work.” They’re violating proper gender roles by getting mixed up in things like cleaning things and taking care of children.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

You dolt. Nobody ever said men are incapable of doing housework. You know damn well nobody ever said. The issue is, once hetero men have a live in partner/wife, they begin to expect that they will take over the housework and the management of the relationship and family. They mysteriously forget how to do all these things. The women then tend to take over these tasks. It’s not something most men and women are even consciously doing. Gendered socialization just kind of takes over.

This is true in households where the woman works full time outside the home. It’s called the second shift.

I hate this MRA talking point so much. The trope of male domestic incompetence you all complain about so much actually benefits you. Which I’m sure you know. This is why you also complain about how “western” women don’t know how to be submissive and sweet and cook good meals for their men, therefore you need to go to Eastern Europe or Asia to find a poor and desperate woman to exploit a traditional wife.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

If David’s inclined to do troll challenges anymore, I think one might be in order.

Say, he only lets him post again if he backs up 5 of the assertions he’s previously made in this thread with citations. The citations must be from either an academic source or a credible news source that summarizes and links to an academic source. MRA blogs or alt-right blogs or reddit post do not count as a source.

Z&T
Z&T

@ London Pilgrim,

“I have always found that behind every feminist is someone who does not understand industrial civilization ..”

Myself and my drinking buddies here are all engineers. Feel free to tell us what we don’t understand.

Hippodameia
Hippodameia

August 19, 2018 at 4:29 pm
I never said I required this ’emotional labour’ from you.

And he expects women to be happy that he’s “serving them”

while not bothering to make sure that women want this “service” in the first place

Sometimes we will buy the wrong thing or take you to the wrong places.

(because asking individual women what they’d like is hard)

and whining

Do fuck off, troll.

Yutolia the Green Hash Thing
Yutolia the Green Hash Thing

@LP: it seems like your worldview is heavily informed by prime time television, and mainly sitcoms and commercials at that. You do know that these aren’t an accurate depiction of reality, right?

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

if he backs up 5 of the assertions he’s previously made

I’ll be impressed, and amazed, if he can do just one.

Gaebolga
Gaebolga

Alan Robertshaw wrote:

I’ll be impressed, and amazed, if he can do just one.

He can’t. Raping goats is all he’s capable of.