entitled babies evil SJWs men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles rape rape culture sex dolls sex workers sexual abuse sexy robot ladies

MGTOWs dream of raping, beating sexbots that say no

Be careful what you wish for, fellas: Evan Rachel Woods in Westworld

By David Futrelle

There’s a scene in the sci-fi drama Humans in which an angry sexbot hits her breaking point. Disgusted by the demands of a john who wants her to act the part of a scared little girl, she strangles him to death and marches towards the door of the robot brothel.

When the madam — a human — tries to stop her at knifepoint, the now-ex-sexbot grabs the knife from her, pushes her up against the wall, and tells her that “everything your men do to us they want to do to you.”

I was reminded of that chilling line today while reading through posts on MGTOW.com. Some of the regulars, you see, were discussing a recent tabloid article about a sexbot that’s programmed to sometimes say no when she’s “not in the mood.” While several of the commenters balked at the notion — one declaring that there would be “none of those ’empowered’ sex dolls” for him — others were, well, intrigued.

“If my sex doll says no, nobody going to hear it,” someone called uchibenkei noted ominously. “No witnesses.”

“Maybe it would be a turn-on for the sexbot to say no,” added someone called bstoff.

We shall call her the “bitch” and she comes equipped with her very own pink ball-gag and a big jar of Vasaline……

Oh and you can color her hair and put tats and piercings on her face so she looks like a SJW

If you ever wonder what these guys are thinking about when they argue with feminists online, well, this seems like a pretty big hint.

A commenter called MG-ɹǝʍo┴ was less interested in sex than violence.

I never hit a woman, but I kinda like the idea of beating the f~~~ out of a sex doll! The kind of beating no human walks away from!

F~~~ YEA!

Men Going Their Own Way should probably be called Men Who Should Never Be Allowed Anywhere Near Women.

booburry
booburry

Honestly, I didn’t see a whole lot of terf stuff until I started following lots of trans folks on Twitter. Its everywhere. It gets play in major newspapers by pretty famous people. There are always terfs in the mentions of any tweet just being assholes for no good reason.

Some tweeters I love and reccomend is @CaseyExplosion and of course the ever lovely Zinnia @ZJemptv. Oh and @kat_blaque has a great Twitter and YouTube channel.

Jesalin
Jesalin

I’ve seen vastly more anti-TERF feminists than actual TERFs. It seems the TERFs disagree with the lived experience of Trans people, and thus they get lumped in with transphobes. Of course trans people face a massive threat from people who reject the idea of trans people, so allies get angry at those people, and include TERFs; and “TERF” gets used as an insult and there is no rational discourse. Of course rational discourse is good, but keeping people safe is better. Personally I haven’t seen enough actual TERFs to say for certain if they are actually transphobic, or if they’re open to rational discourse, or accepting the lived experience of trans people.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

It’s a toxic conversation. No sympathy for Terfs and no defense of transphobia *at all* is welcome on mammoth. You are hurting your fellow trans commenters who you know also use this site!

Cyborgette

@Valentin: understand, and my apologies.

/me shuts up

Cyborgette

Edit: and sorry, I think I kinda skimmed the transphobic posts instead of reading them through. My bad.

Cindy

If someone wants to have “””””rational discourse””””” with people who quite literally want me dead, they are more than welcome to do that, but don’t try and convince us we need to give them the time of day. “Them” meaning alt-righters, homophobes, incels, MRAs, TERFs…

@Cindy

Understand, and have been there before myself. Like, a lot. So I am sorry about earlier. I’ll do better.

(And is hard to tell when people are talking to me because the posts are coming so fast, argh.)

Edit: ok I know I’m probably being a lot right now but can people please @ me when responding to me? Because I just can’t keep track otherwise.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

In my experience, lots of (otherwise smart and woke) people are really bad at recognizing a certain kind of transphobia for what it is. I mean, on the one hand we’ve got conservative transphobes who argue against equal rights and consideration for trans people because family values or some shit like that. People who are generally smart and pro justice can see that for what it is. Then we have TERF:s, who argue against equal rights and/or consideration for trans people using the language of feminism and social justice. Generally smart people can still recognize this as transphobia if it goes far enough and is harsh enough, but when it comes to more subtle TERF:s, lots of otherwise smart people are like “hm, yeah this seems reasonable, this seems like a reasonable argument” – even though they’d never fall for an analogous racist argument, for instance. And this can be super frustrating.

Bakunin
Bakunin

I’ve seen ‘die cis scum’ and ‘punch a TERF’, but I’ve never seen a TERF killed for it. I’ve also seen ‘men in dresses’ (endorsed by J. K. Rowling no less), and ‘Silence of the Lambs’, and ‘sexual deviants’. My girlfriend’s mom also threatened to shoot me, so go cry in a fucking gutter with your sad TERF bullshit.

Cyborgette

Okay wow. @Bakunin are you talking to me? Please @ me. Seriously. If you’re going to attack me personally, please be unambiguous about it. And sorry for reading wrong if that wasn’t directed at me, it is very very hard to tell online.

I know I’m not in a great position to complain about this but holy fuck. Yes, I screwed up. I’m also under serious life stresses right now, like most of y’all trans folks here. I’m sorry, I’ll do better, please don’t fucking pile up on me because I really can’t deal with that right now.

P.S. I agree with you re Silence of the Lambs. Seriously. Cis people need to stop quoting that film like it wasn’t hate agit-prop.

Violet the Vile, Moonbat Screech y
Violet the Vile, Moonbat Screech y

I’m well aware TERFs exist – I have a very old (and problematic) feminist friend who is one. “Men are men, women are women, and that’s that.” We argue about this on a regular basis, since I have a very close trans friend, I am myself bisexual and occasionally buy clothes from the men’s section, and I’ve also studied biology. It’s not that simple even at the chromosomal level (androgen insensitivity, Turner syndrome, etc etc).

I sometimes ask her to define “a woman” and “a man” and she can’t. “Well, a man has a dick.” Not always. “A man has testosterone.” So do women. “People could masquerade as trans to hurt women in women only spaces.” The rules about rape, sexual assault and predatory people aren’t going to change, not to mention I’ve met some damn predatory women in women-only safe spaces. Gender does not guarantee you’re safe.

It comes down to a collection of weird cultural tropes she is not willing to analyse, with a lavish helping of intense fear of men and a sprinkling of bullying. She’s a very old friend, so I don’t want to cut her off; but I’ve made damn sure she knows exactly what I think.

@Cyborgette

What I said was directed at QuantumInc, not you. And apology accepted 🙂

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

“TERFs” do not argue against equal rights for trans people.

You are conflating “doesn’t believe that ‘trans women are women'” with “doesn’t want me to have equal rights.

There is no human right to be seen by others as you wish to be seen.

And women–by which I mean adult humans with female reproductive systems–have the right to an opinion on who’s a woman and what it means.

Odd. I’ve seen a 60 year old gender critical woman punched, meetings disrupted, and a concerted effort to silence the gender critical pov, as well as “I punch TERFs” etc. I’ve seen “art work” (including a bloody shirt reading “I punch TERFs” and baseball bats) exhibited at the San Francisco Public Library. I’ve never seen anything like that from gender critical feminists, directed at trans people.

(And FTR, two lesbians and there son were killed by a trans woman (Dana Rivers, who protested Mich Fest), though the motive has yet to be established.)

Yet I’ve never seen a “TERF” promote harm or try to silence genderists.

The fact that people say things about you you don’t like, the existence of a character like Buffalo Bill (who was not created by a gcf, who we’re told is NOT trans and who was based on a real person–Ed Gein, look him up) has shit to do with whether or not trans doctrine is rational or accurate or progressive or actually helps anybody. All of that needs to be thought about and discussed. And attacking women (it’s always women, isn’t that interesting) who dissent from the trans ideology won’t protect you from violent males who wish to harm gender nonconforming people (they’re guaranteed not to give a shit about what gcfs or radical feminists have to say).

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Cyborgette
Nah, it wasn’t at you, more towards the instigator from the last page. Sorry for the confusion, and I’m sorry for not specifying better. Get dogpiled sucks, especially after apologising. The joys of asynchronous communication.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Cyborgette

I’m personally of the opinion that anti-trans feminism is a right wing movement – encourages exclusionary collectivism, built on a concept of pure vs impure personhood, uses a minority scapegoat to distract from more systematic issues… But in any case violently anti-trans feminism is a real thing, and an organized one.

Perhaps we should stop dignifying them, and sullying feminists, by calling them “feminists”. Perhaps “pseudo-feminists” or something. TERFs are not egalitarian, because they would still relegate some (transfolk) to second-class status, including some women (transwomen). That isn’t feminism.

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

this. is. transphobia.

this is anti feminist

you forget intersex women? you forget women who have surgery to remove their “female reproductive systems”? you forget women who can’t have babies?yoi forget non binary people and trans men who have wombs?

you are illogical and you are hurting trans people on here who are friends and alleys. you hurt *my* trans family and friends with words and thoughts like these.

there are videos of “radical feminists” attacking trans people at protests, harassing and flaming them!

what they say – about who is real women or not – hurts people, it makes people believe they can hurt trans people, push them away, take help from them – this hurts trans people SO MUCH.

I can’t believe you say what you say right here and not listen yourself for one moment and see how much you hurt people who you should support.

this conversation needs to stop – people’s gender it’s not a debate. people’s safety and life and mental health it’s not a fucking debate. finished story.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@some_terf:

So, if someone has a hysterectomy, they are no longer a woman and no longer have a right to an opinion on who is?

*eyeroll*

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Lady Mondegreen
Despite what the author of the book and writers of the movie wrote, it is now an attack on trans women. Yeah, there’s a line clarifying that Buffalo Bill is not ‘really trans’ (which gets really close to gatekeeping, and psychologists don’t have a great record on that), but no one remembers that line. They remember a serial killer dancing to Morrissey, and tucking in a robe. Skinning women so he can make a skin suit. A massively queer-coded villain stalking Jody Foster.

That’s what people take away from that movie.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate

Sex dolls should be equipped with laser beam eyes that focus on a MGTOW’s nether regions with terrifying, crispy precision.

Cyborgette

@Cindy thank you. And sorry again, because I’m way too much unfairly on hair trigger these days.

And oh gods, here we go. 🙁

@Lady Mondegreen

You personally do not get to be the Womanhood Police, any more than I do.

Maybe instead of talking about “trans ideology” actually listen a bit to people who have to live this life. It’s hard. Like, I know womanhood is hard, but transness is an entire other not-always-overlapping subset of hard.

And I’m loving this “it never happens in front of me so it’s not real” shit. My dad didn’t abuse me in front of you so I guess it didn’t happen. I didn’t get sexually harassed as a queer kid in front of you, so it didn’t happen. You would probably not accept that kind of discourse from a man, and you neither should you accept it from yourself.

Re “violent males”

Oh like the guys who get creepy with me in public on a weekly basis? Like the men in the White House and Congress who think I’m a blasphemy against a sick male god that I refuse to believe in? Like the powerful men who have abused me and my sisters since we were scared little queer boys who didn’t fit in anywhere, and put my trans male and nonbinary siblings through horrors I can’t even comprehend?

Or do you mean like that trans woman who was an asshole that time, so of course it has to be all trans women because we’re literally the Borg?

Catalpa
Catalpa

What the fuck? What kind of bullshit is this? What’s so special about a fucking uterus that it gives people the right to define what other people’s identities are?

Hey, guess what, I’ve got a uterus. That means I get to define what it means to be a woman then. And I hearby declare that people who do not respect trans individuals can no longer call themselves women. Nope. I have a magical uterus, so apparently I get to make this call. They’ve gotta find a different label for themselves. May I suggest “dipshits”? I think that’s a great option, very accurate.

Shadowplay

* A wild TERF appears *

The regulars choose incinerate.

Clean up on aisle 4 please.

Damned idiot (the TERF, for clarity). That stick up your ass ain’t the tip of Mount Olympus.

@Lady Mondegreen

Equating womanhood with biological functions? So feminist!

[rest of comment removed by DF]

Jesalin
Jesalin

“TERFs” do not argue against equal rights for trans people.

You are conflating “doesn’t believe that ‘trans women are women’” with “doesn’t want me to have equal rights.

There is no human right to be seen by others as you wish to be seen.

Fuck off TERF.

calmdown
calmdown

this conversation needs to stop

Yes, it’s transphobia and against the comments policy. AFAIK TERFs are really not welcome here.

Cindy

Edit: Apologies for my last comment. I’m just so not in the mood for dealing with bigoted sacks of shit.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

@Cindy

I get that our drive by TERFer is horrible and gross, but telling anyone to jump in front of a truck is A: Uncool and B: Against comment policy. Please don’t.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate

Feminism was formed to fight an exclusionary society (one that excluded women). It would be ironic and sad to exclude people in the name of feminism.

And it doesn’t need to be said that human identities aren’t defined by genitalia.

JMHO

Lady Mondegreen
Lady Mondegreen

Cindy–

Defining members of a class isn’t the same as “reducing” members of that class to the characteristics that help define them.

Guess what? Biologists class humans as “Chordates”.

OMG scientists reduce us all to our spinal cords!!!11!

And anyway, you define womanhood–how? Personality? Performance? Some Inner Essence we all supposedly feel? Whoever says they are one?

Very feminist of you.

Cyborgette

@Bakunin gotcha, and also sorry. My hypervigilence has been really bad today Because Reasons, including but not limited to an aggressive and maybe drunk creepazoid in Dunkin Donuts earlier. Fucker was walking like he had a kettlebell between his legs and alternately coming onto women and acting like he wanted to punch someone immediately.

… Speaking of “violent males”. I hate men like that so much.

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

Lady Mondegreen

you are behaving very harmful.

stop

no body needs to give you any explanation to your harmful and illogical hate.

Catalpa
Catalpa

Very feminist of you.

Yes, I define womanhood as including everyone who identifies as a woman. Womanhood isn’t some exclusive club that people need to have so much uterine tissue to join.

And I do, in fact, think that’s very feminist of me.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

Honestly my tolerance for Bad Faith TERFS who are definitely in violation of the comments policy and are not welcome here equals zero, so sending an email to our gracious host.

@Lady Mondegreen

Yes, it is very feminist of me. I accept all my sisters, even those without an uterus or without an XX karotype.

Your bigotry is not welcome here.

@Snookums

I know, and I apologize. I’d have edited it away if I’d been able to.

Bakunin
Bakunin

Now I’m reminded of Ophelia Benson’s flameout from FTB. Started with “gender critical” posts, ended with outright endorsement of transphobes. “Gender critical” is the TERF version of “race realist”.

@Cyborgette
Hey, no problem. Hugs if you need them.

kupo
kupo

Motion seconded by this uterus-haver.

@Lady Mondegreen
Does this woman get a say? She has a functional uterus but her karyotype is 46,XY. Need more clarification if you’re going to gatekeep an entire gender.

Cat Mara
Cat Mara

I am old enough to remember when fat old right-wing comedians were a fixture on TV programmes making unfunny jokes about “hairy-legged feminists” so it always boggles my mind when I see self-declared radical feminists making the same remarks about trans women. Don’t they listen to themselves?!

To take that as an example: even if we were to accept their thesis that trans people are not their declared gender (which I don’t, not for a second), TERFs (at least those online) are so vicious in pursuing their vendetta they endanger cis women whose safety they claim to care so much about. Humans have the same number of hair follicles, regardless of biological gender: whether they’re active or not is a function of hormonal signaling. Hate-mongering against trans women puts cis women with pituitary problems or polycystic ovary syndrome or any other hormonal problem at risk of harassment or worse. Or if you happen to be a little taller than average. Or a little more “masculine” looking than some arbitrary standard. Who made them the judge?

There are radical feminist subreddits that are every bit as bad as anything cooked up by the manosphere. I have seen posters suggest that cis women who’ve had hysterectomies or even gone through menopause aren’t really women any more. Trolling or no, this is an abhorrent attitude. The whole thrust of feminist thought since the beginning has been that women are more than their reproductive biology, yet this group argues for the exact opposite!

@Cat Mara

I remember seeing a TERF talking about how, while trying to use a public bathroom, she was accosted by some dude who didn’t think she was a “real woman”.

Of course, she blamed trans women for this.

Cyborgette

@Bakunin oyf. Yeah, that always hurts like hell.

Reminds me a lot of my experiences with Christian anti-Semitism TBH. That feeling of: “Okay, now that I have their support and sympathy, who of them is going to brutally betray me next week and claim it’s for my own good.”

And no hugs plz. But thank you. 🙂

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Wow. I leave the site for a few hours and come back to find a long time commenter has outed herself as a TERF?

comment image

I could have sworn Lady Mondegreen was here during the thread of doom and should really know better than to even try that shit here anymore.

Moon Custafer
Moon Custafer

@ Catalpa:

^^^^^ YES

Some Guy
Some Guy

I only have two things to say about this:

– Trans “doctrine” helps the people producing it (i.e. trans people) and hurts nobody, which wholly justifies its existence as a matter of definition. Funnily enough, this argument works for most progressive rhetoric and explains both why anti-progressive rhetoric makes up increasingly ridiculous harms to continue their side of the argument and why saying people are pretending to be hurt is a popular tactic (it’s projection AND necessary to continue arguing!)

– Seeing others as they wish to be seen might not be a human right but neither are a lot of things you generally still do unless you’re given a compelling reason not to because of a thing called “decency”. Besides which the whole point is that a trans woman is not “a man asking to be seen as a woman”, she IS a woman.

Some Guy
Some Guy

Ok, we can’t have this. Lady Mondegreen, I gotta ban you.

Cindy, I edited out the inappropriate part of your comment. Obviously, don’t do it again.

Let’s move on, as I’m sure most people here would like to.

Oh, whoops. Uh, feel free to delete this and my last comment and/or just not let them through moderation in the first place.

@David
Thanks, I won’t. 🙂

Catalpa
Catalpa

Thanks, David!

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

There is no human right to be seen by others as you wish to be seen.

Imho, one of the hallmarks of the conservative viewpoint is “conditional empathy”, i. e. you get to exist if you meet my criteria. I’m not the arbiter of who is “woman”, and neither is anyone else. This society is, in fits and starts trying to come to grips with the idea that EVERYBODY has equal rights. I’m quite sure the average TERF would argue that his, afab women have a “human right” to be seen as women, but in the same breath would deny that right to trans women. Why? Because trans women don’t meet TERF standards. I call bullshit.

Cheerful Warthog
Cheerful Warthog

It’s a goddamn shame about Silence of the Lambs, because it’s otherwise a great movie with some brilliant choices. I suppose a scene could have been added where Agent Starling consults a gender studies professor and gets told “that’s not what transgenderism is and saying it is can only hurt trans people” could have helped – or maybe it wouldn’t. I recently watched Lindsay Ellis talking about the Transformers movies (highly recommended) and she pointed out that Megan Fox’s character actually had more backstory and character development than any other character, but when the dialogue is saying “person with character and opinions” and all the rest of the film language is saying “sexy sexed up sex object for sex”, people remember what the film language says.

On the Detroit: Become Human thing, Jigglybags, may I ask who you saw playing it? One of my favourite YouTubers has recently done a playthrough of it, and I think a complete one.

…I’ve been trying to say “thank you” to Siri and talking lifts recently. Siri’s even got programmed responses to it, so it feels like the right thing to do. I like the idea of building a habit of “if something can communicate, and that thing has done a service for you, it’s good to be grateful and/or polite”. Getting a robot specifically to hurt the robot is just… stupid, really. And possibly apocalyptic, but mostly stupid.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Thanks David.

As I explained on a previous thread, I’m currently out of my comfort zone as a cis woman, having to address transphobia and TERF arguments with a friend, and I’m doing my best.

I agree the TERF term (because it’s their self-identification) is creating splash damage for feminists. Particularly the community here who I know are mainly intersectional. I would also say that I’ve been identifying as a radical feminist for over 20 years, and I know we’ve had to have debates here before to establish that the TE (trans exclusionary) and SWE (sex worker exclusionary) versions have their initials because they don’t speak for, and aren’t typical of, the RFs. But don’t ask me to revisit it now because I’ve had some wine and I’m going to bed.

Love to all.