gynocentrism gynocracy homophobia men who should not ever be with women ever MGTOW misogyny reddit

97% of powerful women are lesbians pursuing a “clit-o-centric” agenda, man with obviously faulty gaydar declares

*Henny Youngman voice* That’s no lady … that’s my boss!

The Spring 2018 WHTM pledge drive is on! Please send money! Thanks!

By David Futrelle

So I was taking a lazy Sunday stroll through the Men Going Their Own Way  subreddit when I spotted a post about life in our alleged “gynocratic hellscape.” That’s an automatic click for me.

To my surprise, the post turned out to be a weird attempt at MGTOW-spiration:

Remember as you look upon this gynocentric hellscape…

…that this is what millions, perhaps even billions of men throughout history have died for. For men to be mocked, abused and disposed of. Don’t repeat their mistake.

Your name will not be remembered. Your sacrifices will not be honored. You will not see the fruits of your labor towards society.

Live and work only for yourself. Go your own way.

Very inspirational!

So inspirational, in fact, that it inspired one MGTOW brother to type out his own personal hot take on the hot-button issue of … lesbians, and why so many powerful women are (apparently) women who love women (in bed).

“You could estimate that the number of these women in power and moving up the ranks, at least in my sphere, are 97% dyke,” declared champagne-n-pompano.

Given that lesbians are basically Women Going Their Own Way (for real), you might think that Men Who Like to Say that They Are Going Their Own Way would have a certain level of professional respect for them. Not so much.

These women hate your guts for just being a man, and have no shame couching every single thought that crosses her mind within some gender paradigm. Every move they make, every decision has to first reflect the consideration of the clit-o-centric gods.

The what-o-whatric whats?

Just a few anecdotes while you guys sip your coffees this morning.

ESPN, Fox, the Golf Channel and the NHL channel ALL had females covering yesterdays highlights. Every channel I flipped to was a fucking bitch skreetching, chirping, and nasally whining the sports reports for us. No. Off.

Chirping?

The newspaper in my town has at least two stories, as always, shaming the community for allowing women to be abused and be denied positions of influence.

Two stories. TWO STORIES! How long must we men endure the crushing weight of our oppression?

My friend’s employer has four women in prominent roles in the company. In the last three years, two of them have divorced and come out as gay carpet munchers …

When the going gets tough, you don’t want a gay-carpet muncher. You want a GAY carpet-muncher.

… and the other two were newer “hot” moms, thrust up the ranks because of degrees they hold, while juggling new babies and family life, work life, which is always secondary to everything else they “gotta do”.

Anyway, these other two are now both divorcing their husbands. And he thinks they are also going dike.

Yes, and I’m sure his gaydar is FLAWLESS.

So all four of these women who were married when joining his company and thrust up the ranks posing as “hetero” breeders with wholesome families and college experiences and the glistening pieces of paper that says “Masters of C*nt” on them, they all shed their fake facades and go full butch.

Do … do a lot of schools offer Masters f C*nt programs these days? It’s been a while since I was in school.

Just a massive barn fire of shit. lol

Yes, I’m sure that’s what your life is.

Someone called ManGoingtoTOWn stepped up to provide his explanation for the alleged Lesbian Ascendency.

Lesbians are so prominent in society because they are masculinized. They actually have ambition.

Look at trans women. These are men who turn into women. Trans women dominate women in whatever field they are in. Women are now complaining that trans women are taking over women’s groups. LOL.

That’s because masculinized humans are more ambitious.

Testosterone counts.

I love that song by Depeche Mode!

Not so sure about the rest of his theory.

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

Your comment is awaiting moderation.
David, I hope you read this. Did you hear NPR today? A 45 minute segment dedicated to the Manosphere. Summer (forgot his first name) was interviewed and he touched on practically the entire Manosphere from Incel to MGTOW to MRA to PUA to AltRight to AltLight and how and where all of this intersects. A conversation about where Jordan Peterson fits in (or doesn’t) ensued. And George Sodini (remember him?) was brought up. Then in the second half Michael Kimmel was interviewed. It was a very good, thorough and well summarized segment.
One point Kimmel or Summer (forget which one) brings up is that most of the Manosphere guys that he’s interviewed fall into what he called the “center democrat” position politically. They are, according to him, uncomfortable with Trump and his attitudes policies around immigration, and they see him as buffering the elite wealthy class while not doing anything for middle class and poor Americans (like them). They want class and economic equality, at least equality of opportunity, YET in relationships they want to have a sort of privileged patriarchy.
Have you found anything like this in your own years of researching the Manosphere?
Anyway, try find it on their website and maybe write to them and ask to be interviewed the next time they do a Manosphere segment, because this is going to be an ongoing thing.

PeeVee the Tired
PeeVee the Tired

Yeah, the Cliteratti are taking over. Eyeroll.

These guys would sure as FUCK hate this song.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Look at trans women. These are men who turn into women.

Umm, close. At least Mr. MGTOW didn’t say they are just “men”, or “men who dress as/pose as/pretend to be/want to be women”, or similarly.

That’s because masculinized humans are more ambitious.

Except for one little thing: transwomen have been feminized!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Oh, the projection. They accuse us of fearing the man who is going his own way and doesn’t need women. Even though we all just want MGTOW to finally go already. Yet nothing terrifies them more than a lesbian with a successful career. A woman actually for real going her own way. It’s fucking hilarious.

comment image

Sunny
Sunny

Um. What “field” is this guy in in which there are all these ambitious lesbians with high powered, good paying jobs.

Asking for uh, a friend. Yeah. 😐

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Where is he getting this idea that trans women are more successful in their careers than cis women anyway? Any facts to back that up. Because 10 seconds on Google clicking on the first link I saw, found this

Transgender workers report unemployment at twice the rate of the population as a whole (14% vs. 7% at the time the workers were surveyed).
More than four in 10 transgender people (44%) who are currently working are underemployed.
Transgender workers are nearly four times more likely than the population as a whole to have a household income of under $10,000 (15% vs. 4% at the time the workers were surveyed).

Even if being AMAB automatically did make one superior at their work, discrimination is still, you know, a big thing. It’s not like promotions and hiring are even 100% close to merit based.

LindsayIrene
LindsayIrene

MGTOWs may actually be making me gayer.

Bina

…especially if you GYOW, because if you don’t contribute, you don’t get shit. See how that works?

Oh wait, we’re supposed to be talking here about lesbians, eh? Well, not being one myself, I can’t really say for sure what’s going on in their minds, but I’m pretty sure it’s not this:

Naw, dude. Your oh-so-considerate offer to “convert” one into a straight woman with a wave of your magic penis wand was declined for obvious reasons. Namely, she’s gay and she’s all right with that, and you’re just an ass and that’s not all right.

And now you’ve offgassed at the keyboard about all these women you think must be gay just because they’re not all down on their knees in front of your open zipper.

I hope you at least feel better after having spewed that, because none of it makes any sense.

kupo
kupo

Given that lesbians are basically Women Going Their Own Way (for real)

Lesbians are not Women Going Their Own Way. Lesbianism is a sexuality, not a hate movement. It’s about love (or at the very least, sex), not about hate. I get that you’re just being tongue-in-cheek but I want to make it very clear there are absolutely ZERO parallels between the two.

Jesalin
Jesalin

^What she said!

ETA: ‘Masters of Cunt’
Damn, where was that program when I was in school?!

ETA2: Wait, wouldn’t ‘Mistress’ be more appropriate than Master?

personalpest
personalpest

No, you fool, it’s “clit-o-centric goddesses“! Get your slurs straight! (Pun not intended.)

epitome of incomprehensibility

No, no. What with the ascent of “clit-o-centrism”, there’s also Masters of Clit degrees.

Not to be confused with degrees in Cunnilinguistics, Vulvanomics, or Pubic Relations.

Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew
Tosca; Chaos made Flesh, Servant of the Purring Jew

the other two were newer “hot” moms, thrust up the ranks because of degrees they hold…

Women “thrust up the ranks” of employment because they hold relevant qualifications????? The horror! He’s right, this preference toward competent employees cannot be allowed to stand!

Bina

Pubic relations, you say?

comment image

Jesalin
Jesalin

I…I think I should go back to school…

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Every channel I flipped to was a fucking bitch skreetching, chirping,

hello yes it me. why humans pay to see foopball fly and not birb?

new Olympic sport aim funyun directly into beak oh look i win the gold.

i am disguise as muffin. i am #1 darft pick of me.

now i am misander onto your car from above. bombs away

and nasally whining the sports reports for us.

Two words: Howard Cosell.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It always cracks me up to see men whining about female sportscasters. I quite like female commentators. So many of the male commentators, especially the older ones make the most cringeworthy jokes. They try so hard to be funny and it just doesn’t work at all. I almost can’t even listen to some of them. Basketball announcers are the worst. Especially Dick Vitale. He just makes me want to punch myself in the eardrums. I did like the BBC gymnastics commentator, the late Mitch Fenner but he didn’t try to be funny very often.

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

You will not see the fruits of your labor towards society.

“You have a right to work but not to the fruits of work.” – B.G.

Chirping?

He means tweeting.

Well think of it like this; if its a daily paper and 2 stories per day, that’s 14 incidences a week, and 730 instances per year, in one town only, of women being abused and/or denied positions of influence. That’s a helluva lot of misogyny for a town.

Lucrece
Lucrece

“Women are now complaining that trans women are taking over women’s groups.“

No. No they’re not. Neither of these things are actually happening. But, if trans women were to get involved with literally ANY group I’m part of, I’d roll out the red fucking carpet and a few glitter cannons to make sure they know how welcome they are. Because they may have travelled a different road from me, but we are all women.

Z&T
Z&T

@ Buttercup Q. Skullpants,

Yes. And don’t forget that women are supposed to have,
in their minds, cute, girly, giggly, voices.

Myself and comrades here, who do work on various business ideas, (and will go with Homely real estate agents, if we ever formally expand into this area 😀 )
We’re all conventionally attractive, we are not doing any type of sex.

Gave up on all that. With men, since we are, or once were, straight. Our other Z says: The chemo drugs wiped out my hormones! She was bad sick. And speaking of real estate, she was glad that I asked for help on something the other day because it “took the mind off” of panic over hair falling out.
(It isn’t, calmed her down, and the paperwork put the mind off.)

Wow. Who’d have thought it? Women who actually do work. Actual boring paperwork!

You know who’s got a lot of bull shit going on? Banks. Oh lawyers and notaries are not enough, you need various medallion stamps?
What’s next? Can we do sticker books? Do you want to play Barbies?
Feckin ridiculous paperwork.

“More egregious examples of rent seeking”. <- Other Z has an MBA 🙂

Another thing we came upon, this has to do with real estate in our general home area here, where there is to be upcoming water way work, and we all here read and discussed a report by USACE. (US army corps of engineers.)

Well, that must've called for much booze! Yes indeed. I was wildly alarmed by the table of contents alone.

Via various geology mentioned in this, I came upon some anomaly mentioned, which is this:

It's an ancient crater, from a meteor impact, millions of years ago.
How fascinating is this? They exist all over too.

I had no idea such a thing existed around here. This is not far from us. And probably good to know of because what if you wanted to move there, or build something? It probably has no bearing on simple residential or smaller commercial structures.

But it might have an impact on earthquake insurance.

Stuff like this is not very "feminine" to think of, either. I'm pretty sure (in some men's minds) that we're supposed to be having a pillow fight.

Instead it's: I don't wonder if all the ground here could simply collapse….

Well, there's a cheery thought!

Illustrates something else, too. For women to ponder such things is often seen as too masculine, but if you were partnered up with a "traditional" sort of man – guess who'd be handling "the paperwork"? Hint: Wife.

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

why young men?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@WWTH – I know, men can be prone to biased/vapid sports commentary too. Stuff like “They’re really gonna want to score right now.” You don’t say?!?

I think these MGTOW types realllly don’t like reminders that women are human. It genuinely makes them angry. Sexthings aren’t supposed to have accomplishments or backstories.

Nice bit of IMAX projection here:

Unlike this guy, who can’t even watch sports TV without ragequitting over the icky feeeemales.

the real cie

Excuse me, MGTOW Who Can’t Seem To Get Around to Actually Going His Own Way, that should be clit-o-centric GODDESSES!

the real cie

Interesting that you never see women who have gone their own way, i.e. women like me who do not want to be sexually or romantically involved with anyone currently alive on the planet, joining forums to bitch about how shitty teh menz are all the time.
By the way, could I get an honorary Masters of C*nt degree? I’ve been on this planet for a little over 53 years, excel in resting bitch face, and am generally a big fat bag of snark.

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

@Z&T
One of my favorite geological developments of the past several decades has been the dawning realization that there’s impact craters all over the planet and we just didn’t notice them. My favorite story is there’s a valley in like… Austria maybe? That’s suspiciously round. And it was argued back and forth whether it was a coincidence, whether it was a old volcanic feature, or whether it was an impact crater.

None of those theories went anywhere. It was a bit too neat to be a coincidence, but there were none of the telltale signs of like a caldera ejection that would cause a big round crater, and neither were there any meterorite materials or shock quartz (when sand or dirt gets vaporized by a big fireball into glass, like the trinitite made at the atomic bomb tests in Alamogordo).

until a geologist who was visiting a local ancient church realized that the entire thing was carved out of it. It’d been smack in the center of the crater, right where it was supposed to be, the entire damn time.

Speaking of geology, me and my family had been planning a Hawaii trip this June. Been planning it for like two years now. The place we booked? In Leilani Estates.

The road to it is now under about two feet of lava, and there’s a solid chance the house is gone. We saw the property manager getting interviewed at an evacuation center by the Wall Street Journal. >.<

Luckily when you go to visit a volcano you usually remember to do shit like pay for cancellation or rebooking insurance, so we were able to move all the reservations to somewhere else cause honestly we can't afford not to go, we already bought the tickets and shit.

And we're all from California, we've been through 7.0 magnitude quakes, so we're like "fuck it, we knew we were going to a giant flaming mountain that's been continuously exploding since like 1983, we knew what we were getting into".

But is it wrong I'm kinda excited? How cool would it be to see something like the unbridled wrath of the goddess Pele surge into the sea in a fiery deathstorm of steam and sulfuric acid?

Also, how crazy is it we live on a world where shit like that happens? What do you think people used to make of this sort of thing? After Krakatoa, giant pumice rafts full of skeletons washed up on the shore of Africa like a year later. How the fuck would you even begin to explain that?

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

On the NPR show I mentioned above (first comment), they also mentioned another (new?) Manosphere group called “the proud boys” who bonded together over a vow to masturbate only once per month. Like I said before, I’ve been away from the Manosphere for a few years at least so out of touch. Have you covered the proud boys here, David? Also, find that NPR interview if you can and listen.

Orion
Orion

Damn, Buttercup, you do a good Bird Rights Activist.

Z&T
Z&T

@ Binjabreel,

I hope your trip to HI will work out OK! I would like to see this too, these volcanic eruptions.

I am interested in all these things too. It’s fascinating stuff.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I had no idea until actually just a few years ago, that northeast Minnesota’s geological features were from now dead volcanoes. I guess if you go back far enough, everywhere has an interesting geological history.

There’s always a fear in the back of my mind that the Yellowstone volcano will blow again. I know the chances of it happening in my lifetime are slim, but it is due for a reactivation so it’s not a completely irrational fear.

mobiusclimber
mobiusclimber

Is “Masters of C*nt” anything like being the Clit Commander?

Ellesar
Ellesar

Obviously this man does not know, and has never known any lesbians. If he had he would know that we actually don’t spend much time talking about men, and that the vicious slagging off of all men all the time his fevered little imagination has created is actually not approved of and would be rejected.

I would even dare to say that non feminist hetero women do it a lot more!

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

I guess his field is “one of my buddies actually has a job so I know what business world is like”

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

On Hawaii, those images of a highway (?) transected neatly by a fiery crack opening in earth are unreal. It’s like, “This road has been rerouted to Hell and accordingly paved with good intentions/hot lava from Leilani Estates onwards”

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

@Weirwoodthreehugger: I’ve seen TERF’s bring up one American trans woman who was a successful CEO (don’t remember her name now) and another trans woman who won some contest in weight lifting as proof that trans women have it easier. Maybe he got it from there.
Obviously, you could similarly “prove” that black people have it easier than white people in the US, because look, Oprah is a billionaire and Obama became president.

Moggie
Moggie

glistening pieces of paper that says “Masters of C*nt” on them

Why is the paper glistening?

Sheila Crosby

I know a couple of transwomen. Their business is doing well now, due to extreme competance, but it had a rocky start. To begin with, they could only get work from people who knew them from before, or who didn’t know their medical histories. After a while their track record started speaking for itself. But one was fired for transitioning and got death threats from her family. The other was hit over the head with an iron bar. Jointly they’ve had a brick through the window and their car trashed. (And to be fair, a lot of neighbours coming around afterwards to say, “So sorry this happened, we just want you to know we have no problem with you.”)

I don’t think it’s testosterone. I think just possible it helped not to grow up with a steady diet of discouragement like I did: “Don’t dream big,” and “Of couse you can’t STEM.” But they’ve certainly had waaaaaaaaaay more shit than I have. I don’t begrudge them missing out on a few flavours of it.

Women are now complaining that trans women are taking over women’s groups.

There’s a small, vocal minority of women who do, and they loudly claim that the rest of us agree with them.

NO I DON’T!

Transwomen are women. I don’t say that because I’m intimidated; I say it because it’s true.

Talonknife
Talonknife

“Masters of C*nt” just reminds me of that TV series Masters of Horror.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

thrust up the ranks because of degrees they hold

So unfair that these lesbians are getting jobs just because they have degrees or whatever!

Moggie
Moggie

IP:

Does he sound like the sort of guy who thinks that those degrees were earned?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

thrust up the ranks

Euw. Even their prose is bad jackhammer sex.

Love the weasel wording here. Sure, you could estimate that. You’d still be so wrong that no light would ever escape from your wrong, but sure, go right ahead and slap an arbitrary number on your gut feels. You used math, so it’s all sciencey and stuff!

@Orion – Birds Rights Activist is one of my all-time favorite Twitter accounts 🙂

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

With gods and apocalypses and demons and such. I mean, think about it, if a prescientific person saw a year of lurid sunsets and then a raft made of stone that somehow stayed afloat ran aground covered in skeletons, they’d pretty much have to invent the End Times, Charon ferrying the dead across the river Styx, and all of that stuff just to try to fit these events into a coherent narrative.

When the Thera supervolcano blew up around 3600 years ago, that’s exactly what happened. The dominant civilization in the Aegean at that time was Minoan Crete, which was devastated. Akrotiri, which was on the flanks of the frickin’ volcano itself, went sky-high, and massive tsunamis obliterated their navy and merchant marine while smashing their shipyards and coastal towns across the Aegean. The pumice raft thing happened there too, rendering the eastern end of the Mediterranean unnavigable for years. The Minoans depended on sea trade economically, and with the loss of their main defenses and sources of income, plus fragmented into damaged parts cut off from one another, they collapsed, becoming an easy conquest for Mycenaean Greece. The classical Greek civilization (and Charon and the river Styx!) arose from these events further down the line.

That is hardly the only legacy of that event. For starters, there’s strong evidence that the story of Atlantis is based on the Minoan collapse. Then there’s the fact that the name “Thera” became the root word for words like “terrible”, “terror”, and even “terato-“, a Greek morpheme meaning “monster”.

Adding to this, other cultures on the eastern Mediterranean were not unscathed. They lost navigation for a while and may have been impacted by other consequences of the eruption, ecological and climate disturbances. The timing is suggestive for the Plagues of Exodus to have had something to do with the eruption, in which case it wasn’t only Greek mythology that was influenced by these events. The Abrahamic religions may have been profoundly shaped by them as well. Certainly much of the apocalyptic imagery in Exodus, Daniel, and Revelation could be related to the aftermaths of this and perhaps other volcanic events with global impact. Adding to this, the Philistines appeared after the eruption in coastal areas near Egypt and the Middle East — likely refugees who had become nomadic coastal wanderers as a consequence of the blast, and probably part Minoan. They certainly shaped events recorded in the Bible.

Krakatau had somewhat lesser consequences, mostly because the most-affected civilizations had scientific knowledge and worldwide communications by then. So, no major religious implications, and a greater ability to withstand the climatic and sea navigation consequences. The main devastation was limited to the immediate neighborhood of the volcano. Nonetheless the vivid sunsets and climate and weather weirdness in the aftermath appear to have inspired some famous artworks, notably Edvard Munch’s “The Scream”. The eruption of Tambora earlier in that century had serious enough effects on the climate as to cause a failed harvest and famine in large parts of the northern hemisphere, in turn leading to political unrest in a number of places.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ binjabreel

I love impact craters. There’s an interesting feature in the North Sea called Silverpit. There are arguments each way as to whether that’s a ‘natural’ feature or an impact crater. More from romance than science I believe it is from a strike. Whatever it is, its age has been established to 65,000,000 years; which opens up some speculation.

Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)
Lumipuna (nee Arctic Ape)

Surplus:

Really? Do they think the island’s name Thera originates from pre-eruption times, coming to mean “horror” in Greek, or did the Myceneans name it “horror” after the eruption? Wikipedia says:

Santorini was named by the Latin Empire in the thirteenth century, and is a reference to Saint Irene, from the name of the old cathedral in the village of Perissa – the name Santorini is a contraction of the name Santa Irini.[4] Before then, it was known as Kallístē (Καλλίστη, “the most beautiful one”), Strongýlē (Greek: Στρογγύλη, “the circular one”),[7][full citation needed] or Thēra. The name Thera was revived in the nineteenth century as the official name of the island and its main city, but the colloquial name Santorini is still in popular use.

Also, I didn’t know there was a buried Minoan settlement directly on Thera/Santorini – amazing.

occasional reader
occasional reader

Hello.

at least in my sphere

And your sphere is ? I mean, other than your balls ? Your ass maybe ? Cause those stats seem to come from there…

“hetero” breeders

Do you have a pedigree ? Whine one time if yes, two times if no.

[…]college experiences and the glistening pieces of paper that says “Masters[…]

Ah, jealousy is a motherfucker…

That’s because masculinized humans men are more ambitious boastfuls about their ambitions.

Like “creeping little girls for the fun feeling” or “going their own way and making sure everybody know it, and in fine going the same way as the others men going their own way which is – how fortunate – not their own but the same one of so many…”. A bit like villains in movies. That hardly ends well for them…

Testosterone counts.

Ah, well… I am not un-proud of my testosterone, but i have yet to teach her to count.

Have a nice day.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

We owe Frankenstein (and thus maybe the development of the whole sci-fi genre) to volcanoes too. I can’t remember which eruption this was, but there was one bad enough to make the weather all over the world cold and nasty. People spent a lot of time trapped indoors as a result. Mary Shelley and a bunch of other writers would get together and tell stories to entertain each other. This is when she came up with the idea for the story.

Jules
Jules

idli sambar revolution, do you have a link or recall the title to the NPR thing?

Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie
Weird (and tired of trumplings) Eddie

@ wwth

Tambora, 1815, which actually exacerbated the “Little Ice Age”, a 400-ish-year-longspell of really cold weather in the northern hemisphere.

Katamount
Katamount

Just as a reminder to the MGTOWs… you know the womz play sportsball too, right? And they can be really, really effin’ good at those sportsballs too. Like, better than the armchair quarterbacks howling at their TVs.

And much like other retired sportsballers, they often go into sports broadcasting. Cassie Campbell captained Team Canada to back-to-back Olympic Golds in Salt Lake City and Torino, avenging their defeat in Nagano to the Cammi Granato-led American team.

Since retiring from professional hockey, Campbell has been a sports broadcaster for more than 10 years. She’s been a commentator on Hockey Night In Canada, provided colour commentary for the women’s hockey tournament in the Olympics on CBC and now works as a commentator and columnist for Sportsnet.

Here’s a nice shot of her interviewing Taylor Hall, then with the Edmonton Oilers:

And she’s just one of many in every sport that human beings play. Some retired players run camps, some find other careers, some become commentators. And some start the most adorable families EVARRRR:

comment image

(Seriously, any excuse to post that picture!)

comment image

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

RE: Volcanoes. I’ve been to Haleakala National Park in Maui, Hawaii, where there’s a dormant volcano. It’s almost like being on another planet, as you approach the volcanic crater. The terrain is just so different…all the dark rock everywhere, and the Silversword plants poking up from it. These plants really do look like gathered-up sword blades.

@Binjabreel:

I hope you enjoy your trip to Hawaii. I’ve been there twice – once for my honeymoon, then again for my 20th wedding anniversary. It’s expensive as hell, but so very worth it.

One thing I suggest you bring along with you – I don’t know what they’re called, but those shoes with the thick, flexible rubber soles, meant to be worn in water. They’re helpful for stepping on the volcanic rock, and dead coral.

Binjabreel
Binjabreel

@alan
Oh, that’s an interesting one. The North Sea is tricky because it goes below and above water at different times of history, which we knew already because fishermen have been pulling ice age early human artifacts up from there forever. The structure seems weird because those concentric rings the kinds of thing you see in like, a crater on an ice moon, not a rock like earth, but we also know fuck all about what impacts into shallow seas and layers of mud and chalk would even begin to look like so who knows?

Though I *think* you get stuff like that when like layers of salt surface through other rock layers? Like there’s spots in the desert where salt domes have made depressions like that. But salt is weird, because it “floats” through other rock and will like “flow” and like seal up cracks or stuff like that, so I’m bad at knowing what the hell is going on.

But anyway we’re pretty sure it’s the Mexico impact that probably did the dinosaurs in, if only because it’s waaaay bigger than the silver pit one would be (assuming it’s an impact) but it does raise the interesting possibility that Chixiculb was part of a series of impactors, maybe from one larger bolide that got broken up in space.

Re: volcanoes
I think the death toll from Krakatoa was like upwards of 30-40 thousand people. The high water marks for the tsunamis put them in the neighborhood of around 150 to 200 feet high. My favorite part is that it’s possibly the loudest noise in recorded history and literally echoed around the entire planet like four or five times. It’s just a scale of event that’s impossible to wrap ones brain around. How do you make sense of a *sound so loud it would kill you from 100 miles away*?