creepy empathy deficit entitled babies harassment have you no humanity incel men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny pedophiles oh sorry ephebophiles rape culture

Incel creeper: It’s fun to follow 14-year-old girls down the street and scare them to death

Strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre contemplating a crime

By David Futrelle

It’s not like any of you need any more reminders that incels are some of the worst people on planet earth, but here’s one anyway, in the form of a comment on Incels.me from a dude who thinks that following 14-year-olds down the street in order to freak them the hell out is kinda fun and every incel should try it.

Here’s the full text:

I once approached a teenage girl (around 14 years old) by asking her for directions at first. Then I proceeded to ask for her name. She became afraid and started walking away. I followed her, and then she went from walking briskly to running. Her gait was peculiar, because she ran like a newborn fawn, turning around every so often, trying to see if I am still following.

(Now, I want to make clear that I absolutely abhor rape and did not have any intention in that direction, not molestation not any of that.)

She had no reason to be frightened. I wasn’t gonna do anything.
But the feeling when you follow a girl and she notices you, and she tries to loose you or picks up the pace. That is kind of a good feeling. You become important to her. You are no longer some random insignificant face in the crowd.

I know it is kind of low-level behaviour. But I do enjoy doing that. I go to another city, look for a girl that is walking by herself and start following her. After a while they notice you. After dark, after sunset it may suffice to just walk in the same general direction as a girl that is walking in front of you. They become paranoid.
I recommend you lonely incels try it some time. Just to make her afraid. If you know your limits and don’t actually harass -let alone rape- that girl, it should be harmless psychological fun.

Yes, that girl had no reason to be scared of the exceedingly creepy dude following her down the street because he wasn’t really planning to rape her though the thought had definitely occurred to him.

H/T — @iAmTheWarax

sunnysombrera
sunnysombrera

“Don’t harass or rape her” he says, to a bunch of dudes who frequently fantasise about raping women – and he knows that.

Fucking hell.

Mooncustafer
Mooncustafer

One of these days he’s not going to follow his own rule.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

Wasn’t there some MGTOW or something that posted something roughly the same as this ? Like, long ago.

brian
brian

“harmless psychological fun”
harmless.
except to the girl, who is probably scared out of her goddamn mind.
but that doesn’t count, i’m sure, because she’s just a “foid” and not a real person.
fuck.
this.
shit.

HazyShade
HazyShade

Finding new and innovative ways to be reprehensible.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Now, I want to make clear that I absolutely abhor rape and did not have any intention in that direction, not molestation not any of that.

Everything I want to say about this person breaches the comments policy, and probably some UK laws on internet posts, so I’ll just stick this here instead:

Mogwitch
Mogwitch

I have friends staying at my house at the moment with their children, including their 14 year old son. He is very definitely a child, despite being well behaved and mature for his age. I don’t even want to think of someone with this mindset around him. And then I remember all the men that treated me like this when I was 14 and younger and how confused and ashamed I felt – although I worry some Incels will see that and feel inspired.

I wonder if the reason so many male supremacists and judges in abuse cases are ready to see 14 year old girls as somehow not children is the same reason black boys are seen as threatening adults. Their gender or their race trumps their personhood, instead of themselves as a child they stand for sex or challenge.

Or maybe it’s just sad losers picking on children because it’s easier than facing the revulsion of adults.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Okay dude, following someone, otherwise known as stalking, is actually harassing someone. Doing it to a child just makes it 10,000 times worse. I hope the next time this poop skid does this, a cop sees him and arrests him for attempting to abduct a child.

I’m also going to have to remember this post and dig it up next time some sad boner whiner complains about how horrible it is that women don’t want to talk to men on the street who are perfectly innocent and just want directions or the time or to say hello. I have also experienced the asking directions as a ruse to get close for more effective harassment. Multiple times. I’m sure a very high percentage of female/female presenting people have had these experiences too. To all the good men who don’t want women to fear you might be one of the bad ones, don’t complain to us about this. Call out your fellow men for acting like this towards women. Maybe if enough of you do it, men will cut the shit out and we won’t have to look at you with a mixture of annoyance and trepidation if you ask us for directions. Better yet, ask a man for directions instead and just let us alone. Thanks.

I’m also going to have to keep this in mind the next time someone claims harassment is a compliment. Does this look like he was trying to compliment this girl? It sure fucking doesn’t to me.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

What a HB 10 man I wonder why women aren’t all over you? /s

IgnoreSandra - Lady of Smoke

I knew it! I knew that those things men do – stalking, harassing, and so forth – they’re not ignorant of social cues, they are, by their own admittance, actively malicious.

Now we just need to treat them as the malicious actors they are.

RosieLa
RosieLa

I feel like he just created a feminist.
Way to go, good sir!

Miss Edgy Nation
Miss Edgy Nation

Oh, ffs! If terrorizing children is this dude’s idea of harmless fun, his concept of actual sex must be gut-churningly awful beyond my imagination.

Diego Duarte
Diego Duarte

Okay, first off I’m not entirely sold on the idea that the guy behind this only does it for psychological pleasure. Sorry if I come off as conspiranoid, but I’m willing to wager that his guy has either attempted to or successfully raped someone.

This double speak about “behave like a rapist, but don’t cross that line” seems to be about training other men to go about this shit in order to normalize this behavior. And like most people who go on power trips (because this shit is about imposing yourself on others), the person who wrote this knows that the more people engage in this “hobby”, the more they will wonder how far is too far. He knows these people will inevitably cross that line, from which there is no going back.

This asshole is trying to groom rapists.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

I haven’t really experienced asking for directions leading up to harassment personally, but I talked to a trans woman a while ago who told me that it’s happened to her several times that a man leads in with some seemingly innocent question, then begins really staring at her, and then suddenly turns really aggressive and threatening with “You’re not a real woman! I knew it! You’re a man!” so she has to flee. She said she feels much safer with a wonderbra on, because then men tend to focus more on her boobs and there will be less instances of that.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Sorry for the OT but in the UK, Amazon is advertising SJWs Always Lie by Vox Day & Milo as one of today’s Kindle Daily Deals. Obvs I’m not going to buy it. What else can I do?

IgnoreSandra - Lady of Smoke

@Dvärghundspossen

“You’re not a real woman! I knew it! You’re a man!”

Cue the reason I try to avoid socializing.

I have experienced men trying to get close to me. Most of the time I try to avoid permitting that, some of that’s because I’m afraid of that aggressive reaction.

Amavra
Amavra

I’ve had almost this exact experience as the 14 year old girl while walking home from school. He did try to grab me though and I ran all down the street and hid in someone’s yard until he was gone. I suffered high anxiety over this event for years.
I have told my 8&11 year old girls that there is basically no reason an adult stranger ever has to talk to them while they are alone especially a man. I said not to give directions, help find pets, say their name or age. Basically to leave for help immediately.
I have always shut down the idea that men don’t know what they are doing. That they don’t mean to do it. They fucking know and they do it on purpose.

flexitarian haruspex
flexitarian haruspex

This reminds me in a way of this Ray Bradbury short story that creeped the hell out of me. There’s the one everyone knows from ‘Dandelion Wine’ about the girl who freaks herself out on her walk home because there’s a serial killer in town, and just when she gets home and thinks she’s safe, it turns out the killer was waiting for her in her living room (I’m pretty sure, it’s been ages since I read it).

The one that really creeps me out is in ‘Bradbury Stories’ and it’s done from the killer’s perspective as he’s going around town with no one the wiser.

‘Harmless fun.’ *shudder*

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Yeah and it seems to be a kind of damned if you do, damned if you don’t (look like a “real woman”) too.

I remember this conversation I had with another trans woman who looked very conventionally attractive. She said that originally, she just saw this as a blessing. She got the feeling that she was almost fast-tracked through transitioning (in Sweden transitioning is payed for by public health care, but the whole process usually takes a really long time, you have to wait for ages for your surgeries and so on), and thought this might have something to do with the fact that even pre transitioning she looked very feminine, slender build, feminine-looking face and so on so doctors were quick to diagnose her and quick to approve treatments (obviously this shouldn’t factor in, but we know people can often be prejudiced and irrational, so I have no problem believing this).

But after transitioning, she experienced so many times that some man fell in love with her, and when she told him she was trans he got so heartbroken because he thought he couldn’t possibly date a trans woman, and the whole thing ended up with her consoling him for making the mistake of falling for someone who was trans.
Eventually she got into a long-term relationship with an emotionally abusive asshole who demanded that she not tell any of his friends that she was trans, and he said if they’d ever found out he’d tell them that she’d tricked him and he didn’t know.

She’d just made the decision to be super open from now on, and maybe receive other kinds of transphobia (like open threats and shit) regularly from now on, but not having to deal with this particular kind of shit any longer.

Jesalin
Jesalin

Power-tripping, useless sack of semi-sentient shit.

And yeah, there’s no way this rapist in training is gonna be content with ‘only’ scaring/traumatizing young girls. It’s practically a given that he will rape.

IgnoreSandra - Lady of Smoke

And that he will inspire other men to follow in his footsteps by encouraging them to basically get off from violating boundaries.

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Dvärghundspossen and Sandra
Goddamn. That sucks.

And agreed that this asshole is rapey as shit.

Victorious Parasol
Victorious Parasol

I hope that this guy [not specified by me because I respect our comments policy]. And I hope whatever girls/women he targets survive the experience.

Dreamer
Dreamer

I’m old now, but I remember guys doing stuff like this to me when I was a teen. Yeah, it helped me to figure out why feminists are needed and so I became one – starting at about 13.

Cats in Shiny Hats
Cats in Shiny Hats

I hope this guy gets what he gives and that he enjoys it exactly as much as his poor targets do.

Off topic question: How do I upload/post with an avatar? The post in the welcome package is defunct.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

Sign up for Gravatar with the email you use here

Bina

@Diego: I think he’s not just trying to GROOM rapists…he is one in the making, if he hasn’t crossed the line since this was written. He has all the earmarks of a dangerous creeper already. If the only thing holding him back is fear of getting caught, as it sure smells like it is, then eventually he’ll get emboldened to go one step further. He’ll keep going until somebody calls the cops on him. And he’ll rationalize that it’s not really assault, because because because. Just “harmless psychological fun”, eh?

Also, I love how his avatar is some asshole cheerfully kicking a girl in the crotch. Yeah, that’s not creepy or violent at ALL!

Jesalin
Jesalin

That’s one reason I’m very much unhappy that nothing other than bottom surgery is covered here (for trans-women). It may not be super prominent, but the ‘bulge’ in my throat is definitely noticeable. It’s super noticeable/glaringly obvious if I look up or crane my neck to look at something.

porlob
porlob

That’s the thing about the “involuntarily celibate.” They sure make a lot of choices that people to keep a very wide berth. Sounds like voluntary celibacy to me.

Cats in Shiny Hats
Cats in Shiny Hats

Thanks Dalillama!

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

Words can’t express how much I despise this sort of behavior. I know I’ve mentioned it on WHTM before; I’ve been stalked twice in two different US cities. I was an adult both of these times. I can only imagine how terrifying this must be for a child.

Like several commenters have said, it’s power-tripping. And it’s pathetic.

Iseult The Idle
Iseult The Idle

Ugh, this happened to me so many times as a kid. Guys in trucks, mostly, following me down the road (rural area) and trying to “talk” to me. Ugh.

In many states and cities there are ordinances and/or laws against “bothering” minors. I sincerely hope this asshole finds that out the sharp way.

I once gave a friend’s daughter a necklace with the name “Julia” spelled out. Her name is not Julia. When she looked at me with that pre-teen “what the hell?” look, I told her, “If anyone approaches you and acts like he knows you and calls you Julia, get away from him any way you can.” She thought about it for a minute and said, “… that’s really smart!”

PeeVee the Tired
PeeVee the Tired

WWTH said everything I wanted to say.

Kettle
Kettle

Ah well. One day he’ll do it to the wrong woman and she’ll be so freaked out she’ll stab him with the kitchen knife she keeps in her purse.

Hexum7
Hexum7

I feel pretty stupid after reading this.
Just two days ago I was arguing (online) with one of those “cat calling is just telling a woman that she is pretty and all women secretly like it”. ( and feminists are ruining good clean fun that everyone enjoys , especially , da ladies, rite? ), Doofuses.

I thought I might have gotten through to him a tiny bit when I pointed out to him that girls as young as twelve sometimes get cat calls and wolf whistles, and that is disgusting and horrible, right? So he has to know that it’s not just saying “hey, pretty lady, I appreciate your style” (creepy as that would be if yelled at a total stranger) That with that example in mind, he’d have to know that it’s a predatory, despite his disingenuous protest of cat calling being an innocent compliment .

Now I se that there are creatures out there who have no compunction against stalking, or yelling sexual innuendos at a twelve year old, – creeps of his ilk, who would actually consider that to be acceptable behavior, and that they are everywhere and I am feeling sick to my stomach

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

It does not surprise me one bit that men use ruses like asking for directions in order to get close to trans women to inspect them. Yuck.

This post is bringing back memories of my own similar stalking experience. I think I’ve told it here before. But it’s probably been awhile.

I was 16 (but looked a little bit younger) and walking to the lake to meet a friend for a swim. The lake was about a mile or two from my house. I stopped at a gas station about halfway there to pick up some sodas. When I was in line to pay for the them, the guy behind me, a middle aged man, was giving me creepy vibes. But he didn’t say anything to me so I thought I was imagining it. I paid and continued on my way. A block away from the gas station, he rolled up in his car, drove slow enough to keep pace with me and kept shouting “hey, hey!” I ignored him and kept walking at a brisk pace. He said “what’s the matter? Are you afraid of black guys?” and drove off. Because the problem in that scenario was race. Not a clearly adult man following and harassing a clearly not adult girl.

I thought that was the end of it. I met up with my friend. We swam and hung out on the beach for a couple of hours. I walked home. All without incident.

Then as soon as I got home, my other friend who lived a block from me and I decided to meet up to hang out between our houses. We were standing on the sidewalk and I was telling her the story of this creeper. Who should drive by right at that very moment? THE SAME FUCKING GUY. I suppose it could have been coincidence. But my street was on a residential block. Not super high traffic. And I never again saw him in my neighborhood. So presumably he had been watching me from a distance all day. I was scared I’d have another encounter with him that whole entire summer. Fortunately I never did.

Katherine the Adequate
Katherine the Adequate

I hope he has lots of fun in jail.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“I abhor rape, but it feels good to force my presence on young girls and traumatize them.”

Dude insists he has rigid boundaries, but he’s perfectly willing to ignore those of strangers. This is the “I didn’t inhale” of rape culture.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

He said “what’s the matter? Are you afraid of black guys?”

Gavin DeBecker calls that ‘stereotyping’. It’s a standard predator tactic, to manoeuvre targets into vulnerable situations.

It obviously doesn’t have to be race. Say for example someone offers to walk you home and you feel uncomfortable and decline. Then you get “Ah sorry, didn’t realise you were one of those feminazis who think all men are rapists”. You suggest the victim fits a negative stereotype, and then there’s pressure to disprove that.

Now it’s interesting to consider how many people here that would work on; but the fact is women are socialised not to appear paranoid, or even rude, and this tactic exploits that.

It’s a method of getting women to override their instincts that alert them to potential danger.

I’m sure now I’ve mentioned it, many people here can think of times it’s been tried on them.

Tony
Tony

Hmmm…next time that Flat Earth dude tries to launch himself into the atmosflat to disprove a spherical Earth, that stalker asshat should be the test pilot.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Tony

atmosflat

This is a thread about a horribly distasteful and rage inducing subject, but that really made me giggle, so thank you.

Catalpa
Catalpa

I hope this shitstain forgets to look both ways while crossing the street to stalk a child.

Not that I’m suggesting that any cars should hit him, of course! I’m just interested in the cars having some harmless fun in testing out their brakes!

kupo
kupo

Welcome back, Tony! Haven’t seen your ‘nym in a while! 🙂

Full Metal Ox

@Alan Robertshaw:

Not to mention that putting the target on the defensive also serves to deflect her attention from the crucial fact that the predator is the one acting out of line. It very probably overlaps the concept of negging.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ full metal ox

I’d never considered that. I actually find the concept of negging a bit bizarre because it’s basically “Check please” guy from Goodness Gracious Me but on purpose!

But you’ve got me thinking. I don’t know much about PUA techniques, but it might be interesting to compare them with the standard predator techniques DeBecker identifies.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

I actually feared the “to death” part in the title wasn’t litteral.

The actual post describe something not much better mind you. Just, for once, they were a small bit less awful than expected.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Solve for X:

“Don’t harass. Just, you know, stalk her.”

“Don’t rape. Just, you know, ____X____ her.”

Ugh.

Hi Tony, welcome back!

Cyborgette
Cyborgette

Oh wow 🙁 This is horrible. I really hope he faces consequences for this, and soon, but I’m not optimistic.

And ugh, nothing but sympathies for all the folks here with stalking and harassment stories.

I’ve been pretty lucky so far myself, but what I’ve dealt with has already been wearying. I still remember the drunk guy in South Station who called me Rainbow Brite and bent close enough almost to kiss me. And the two (!) dudes in NY Port Authority, one bombarding me with probing questions and misgendering me, the other using the correct gender and claiming to know me (!!!) and generally doing some kind of creepy rescuer act. And the also-drunk guy who sat down next to me in a subway station in East Boston, and started talking on and on at me about sex and b*tches. And…

At least my brain has gotten good at recognizing incoming schmucks. Most of the time I can look around and think: “Yeah, that gait and that look on his face, *that guy* is going to come this way and start some shit in a minute.” So when he does it’s at least not a surprise. So tiring though.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

Yesterday morning on the train home from work most recently…

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Alan Robertshaw

I had some drunk creep pull the racial variant of that on me in my own residence hall’s downstairs when I was an undergrad. Being a meek kind of person, the bastard managed to sweet talk/ hassle me into giving my phone number and— yech— kissing him on the cheek. (Thank god he wasn’t a resident so he couldn’t get in at will.)

He called me the following day. Not sure what I said, but at least he didn’t follow up. Nevertheless I was freaking terrified to go or stay downstairs in my own dorm for months.

The RA pointed out to me later that it didn’t matter whether this guy was purple, plaid, or chartreuse, what he did was wrong. So yes, this stuff struck an old nerve and I have an especial hatred of this tactic.

Meanwhile incel child stalker is going to really enjoy it when some alert parent takes their child seriously and calls the cops on him. I hope that’s what happens, and not the other.

1 2 3