a near for men a voice for men alpha males antifeminism creepy cuck empathy deficit entitled babies MRA paul elam rape culture sexual assault twitter

Terry Crews is a “pathetic cuck” embracing feminism to get attention from women, world’s sexiest MRA charges

Terry Crews apparently has great difficulty attracting the attention of women

By David Futrelle

Men’s Rights activists claim to care about male victims of sexual assault. So you might expect them to have nothing but love and respect for actor Terry Crews, who came forward last fall to say he had been sexually assaulted by a “high-level Hollywood executive.”

Apparently not so much, if this tweet from self-proclaimed “Men’s Human Rights Advocate” Paul Elam is any indication. Elam is angry that Crews spoke out about what he called the “cult” of masculinity at this week’s Women in the World Summit in New York city.

Yeah, don’t you just hate it when unappealing men embrace feminism to curry favor with women?

I mean, just compare Crews, that hardcore cuck and woman-repeller, to the men of the Men’s Rights movement.

Here’s Crews:

And here are the tasty man-snacks who attended a retreat organized by Elam’s A Voice for Men:

Elam was behind the camera in that video, but in case you’ve forgotten what he looks like, here’s a picture from his GQ photoshoot (no, really) a couple of years ago. Straight ladies: If you’re wearing a skirt you may want to sit down so no one sees your panties drop right off after taking a look at this meaty chunk of manhood.

How is a pathetic cuck like Terry Crews supposed to compete with that?

H/T to @TakedownMRAs, who called attention to Elam’s tweet

ktoryx
ktoryx

HAH! Terry Crews is 10,000 times the man Elam is by any possible measure you want to take. Don’t…. don’t try to take on Terry, Paul. You will not come off well in the comparison.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Well, David’s not wrong, really. If there’s a good phrase to describe Elam, “meaty chunks” is at least in the running.

F is for Fro
F is for Fro

Terry Crews moved up a spot on my favorite people list.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m also betting that the manosphere, who supposedly cares about disposable males, especially coal miners, is not up in arms about Don Blankenship being poised to win the GOP nomination. Otherwise known as the Massey Energy CEO who went to jail because his violations of worker safety laws were just that severe. Violations that led to an explosion that killed 29 miners. But, he’s a right winger, Trump lover, and Hillary hater. So he’s probably all good to them.

ETA: I Googled Don Blankship men’s rights activists and didn’t find anything remotely related to MRAs in the first 5 pages of results. I’m too lazy to try other search terms, but I’m guessing there’s a reason I didn’t find anything.

Mexican Hot Chocolate
Mexican Hot Chocolate

What went wrong with Paul Elam’s upbringing that he can’t fathom basic concepts like men who can relate to women as human beings? Terry Crews obviously had a better upbringing than Elam.

Bina

D’awww, is Paulie jealous? Sure smells that way.

Miss Edgy Nation
Miss Edgy Nation

Wow, that doesn’t even make sense. I think Elam is just angry about the very existence of handsome black men who make more money than him, and Terry Crews coming forward about sexual assault just made his simmering bile come to a boil.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

What went wrong with Paul Elam’s upbringing

His mom made him take diarrhea medicine. Misandry!

Chris O
Chris O

What went wrong with Paul Elam’s upbringing

I think a better question might be: What didn’t go wrong with his upbringing?

Ami
Ami

You’d think they would get along, given Terry Crews’ history of transphobia.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Brr. Elam’s eyes are just pure, concentrated hatred. They’re like the Vantablack of misogyny.

PeeVee the Tired
PeeVee the Tired

Oh, shut up, Elam.

Jojo mojo
Jojo mojo

If i was a shitposting man, I would make one of those obnoxious Incel/Chad memes because quite frankly, Terry Crews represents the sheer antithesis of Paul Elam.

Talonknife
Talonknife

Has anyone told Paul Elam that Terry Crews is, y’know, already married?

Bakunin
Bakunin

@Ami

Aww, really? Hopefully he comes around.

Diptych
Diptych

As far as I’m aware, he made one ignorant comment about a year ago. I’m not aware of anything before or after.

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

There’s so many boys in the Foster Care system who need stable homes and families. If Paul or any of these “mactivists” gave a fraction of a damn about men and boys, they’d be adopting them.

Jaygee
Jaygee

I love Terry Crews (though disappointed to learn he was being transphobic at some point).

I don’t understand the point MRAs make about Crews being a feminist to gain favor with women (i.e. get in women’s pants) when he is married (and appears happily so).

Although Crews did say toxic masculinity is like a cult, it seemed to me he was saying a lot of women = people. I feel like that’s what they find even more objectionable.

Also Elam trying to undercut Crews is palpable. He calls Crews a former NFL player as if that is all he ever had going for him, not mentioning he’s been an active actor for many years now. I think some people like me know of Crews from his acting and was unaware of his NFL history (though I did find out before this).

Diptych
Diptych

Hell, he was an artist before he was a footballer, and he’s still doing that professionally – he co-founded a design studio! Football’s like three ranks down on his CV.

(A)utonomist Escapist
(A)utonomist Escapist

Terry Crews appear to be on the path of learning in terms of feminism, which means that transphobia is something that he is hopefully learning to dismantle in himself as well. That’s really the point of being a feminist man, to continuously strive to be better, to undo the internalization of toxic behaviours. I am still learning things, and I recognize that I am sometimes hesitant or resistant to changing my stance on certain issuses, and that calls for further self-evaluation and introspection. I hope and believe that Crews is doing the same, if only because I really want him to be as good at lived feminist praxis as I believe he can be.

Jo
Jo

I thought only hideous feminist harpies were impressed by talk of toxic masculinity and hot babes preferred traditional male topics of conversation? So according to Elam, Crews is not only so lacking in attractiveness that he has to kowtow to women, he even has to lower his standards to the least attractive women of all.

Sounds legit.

Pseudonym
Pseudonym

I’m not going to look-shame anyone, least of all Elam. But I’m a straight dude, and damn Terry Crews is hot.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

I wonder if the manospherians are going to pick this up: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/17/ex-boyfriend-controlling-girlfriend-speaks-campaign-abuse-7475505/ TW but a woman horribly abused and tortured her boyfriend. Began psychologically abusing him, and after years of this started abusing him physically as well, and veered straight into torture territory.
On the one hand, I’d think they like a story about an evil woman. On the other hand, they’re not really fond of supporting male victims…

Pie
Pie

@idli sambar revolution

Nah, they’ll blame women for a) causing the problem in the first place and b) not fixing the problem once it has been pointed out. Possibly also c) trotting out some evopsych just-so story about how men can’t, and therefore shouldn’t be trying to fix this issue all by themselves because pink, nurturing, natural roles, blah blah blargh. All that and they’ll still feel like they’re the ones on the moral highground.

@Dvärghundspossen

Happily, they’re entirely capable of simultaneously blaming every woman on earth for this and mocking the weak, unmanly, low-t, manlet cuck for letting a female do this to him. They might not say that bit publically though. Maybe. Not immediately, anyway. Probably they’ll suggest that this is why all men should get themselves redpilled.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

I’ve watched the 25 minute interview* that has got the MRAs so fuming. They’re angry because Crews is ruining their narrative. They have nothing concrete to dismantle his argument, so they resort to ad hominem attacks. Same news, different day.

* Worth a look, although I do wish Joanna Coles hadn’t hijacked the Teen Vogue writer’s (sorry, I don’t want to swipe away to look up her name and lose what I’ve written) anecdote to push the central argument of her book (and victim-blame into the bargain). No ideas that this community aren’t already familiar with, but always worth expressing.

ETA It’s Lauren Duca. Here’s the link https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLdifGR5OPFpLObSOCbq66tDL78Dl826uR&v=C0NhUPvPW0w

Ariblester
Ariblester

To be fair to Paul Elam, I don’t think he’s ever publicly professed to have given a shit about male victims of abuse, so he shouldn’t be unfairly lumped in with MRAs who profess to do so.

And if that isn’t damning with faint praise, I apparently don’t know what that means.

Katamount
Katamount

Welp, looks like all that compassion for male victims of abuse and harassment went right out the window the minute said victim empathizes with women based on his experiences. It’s almost like it was all just rhetoric in a game of oneupmanship with feminists (read: women) and not genuine concern for male victims of abuse and harassment….

And can we bury the word “cuck” about a mile underground and salt the earth over it? The definition drift has been getting out of hand….

Steph Tohill
Steph Tohill

Yes Elam, yes…Crews really struggles for female attention…

Anyway I thought feminist men were pathetic chucks and women apparently hate cucks.

So how would men ‘claiming’ to be feminists help them to get laid?

That good old MRA ‘logic’.

bluecat
bluecat

Maybe it’s because he’s married and his wife seems to like him?

I’m not going to look it up but I seem to remember Elam being very outspoken against relationship counselling for troubled marriages, that there was some case involving him abandoning his children, and that he’s spoken of his upbringing – in which his father was violently abusive and his mother supported the family – as an example of what goes wrong when women are in charge.

So if someone appears to have a good marriage, you can see it might possibly annoy him.

Shadowplay

So if someone appears to have a good marriage, anything that Elam has failed at you can see it might possibly annoy him.

Fixed.

Dude’s a failure in every way that matters.

Michael Brew
Michael Brew

Yeah, when manospherians of any stripe bring up sexual assault or domestic violence happening to men, it’s absolutely not meant as a call to fix the issue. Just like parents who talk about how their own parents beat the crap out of them as kids to justify hitting their kids or crusty old sergeants complain that they got smoked for hours for sneezing while they can only write a counseling statement for these “pampered privates,” it’s all about telling people that they should stop complaining because other people got the same or worse and didn’t complain in the past.

And, yeah, definitely agree that Terry Crews ruins their narrative. After all, a guy can’t be both popular with women and espouse feminist values because women love the negging. So they just have to pretend he does fit the narrative by saying he’s either BSing or not actually popular with women. Honestly, Paul went with the ballsier choice of reality denying.

vaiyt
vaiyt

If Terry fucking Crews doesn’t qualify as a proper man in your eyes, then your concept of masculinity is less than useless.

Dr. Thang
Dr. Thang

Wow..Paul Elam is still alive? I figured it was possible to be such a worthless waste of organs that you just phase out of existence.

idli sambar revolution
idli sambar revolution

It’s been a while. I haven’t popped on a Manosphere site of any type for 3 years now (til last week). I thought by now they; the sites, the mission, the men, would have all just gotten lives and moved on by now but that doesn’t seem to be the case if comedic material is still available. So what’s the deal? Has the Manosphere peaked or is it the perpetual motion machine that Tesla dreamed of (and maybe invented if the conspiracies are true)?

Nequam
Nequam

Dr. Thang: I’d think The Thing What Squats in the White House would have disabused you of that notion by now.

Dr. Thang
Dr. Thang

@Nequam
True, or the entire “men’s” “right’s” “movement”, or mgtows, or incels…I guess I didn’t think that one through.

EJ (The Other One)

Off-topic:
I need everyone to read this thread if you haven’t already. It’s an incredible and crystal-clear dissection of the “disaffected hateful young men on the internet” phenomenon, and says a lot of insightful things.

Paradoxical Intention: Resident Cheeseburger Slut

Diptych | April 20, 2018 at 12:51 am

Yeah, but art’s the territory of those silly, untalented, unskilled feeeemales. Football is MAYUNLY MAN MAN stuff, and thus the only thing they care about. (Until the feeeemales start to get attention for their art, and then art is also MAYUNLY MAN MAN territory.) [/sarcasm]

Eldridge the Cleaver
Eldridge the Cleaver

This whole exchange proves to me that the MRM is nothing but a bait and switch cult designed to turn well-intentioned young men with legitimate issues into misogynists.

Elam couldn’t care less about Mr Crews’ struggles with sexual assault.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

#IStandWithTerry #BelieveHer #BelieveHim #MeToo #TimesUp #StandWithAllVictims #RapeCulture #ScrewTransphobia #ScrewMRApeNazis #SoManyHashtags

I don’t like playing the Oppression Olympics but it is indeed much worse and more frequent for women especially disabled, woc and transwomen. I’m just sick and tired of people playing the “Men can be victims too!” card whenever someone even mentions that female victims exist and then when a guy comes forward those very same poop-nuggets will just mock him and make misognyistic comments (calling him a woman) so it’s clear they don’t care about male victims they just want to silence women and girls.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

TIL, Old Spice and Bounce are both owned by P&G

RosieLa
RosieLa

I’m a poor judge of the male form. I’m not judging these people for their looks, I’m judging them for their values.
And Terry, with lived experience that more closely matches my own, wins over the manosphere every time.

Robin Lionheart

The latest entry in Mick Dash’s year-long Yahoo Answers tantrum against WHTM calls David out for sexually objectifying “meaty chunk of manhood” Paul Elam:

Why did professional feminist misandrist hate blog site wehuntedthemammoth just put out an article dedicated to sexually objectifying MRA’s?

Tsk, tsk, treating Paul Elam as a mere object of sexual desire.~ Aren’t you ashamed of yourself, Dave?~

I guess Mick has tired of me answering his WHTM-bashing questions by advising readers to check out the site for themselves, because he’s blocked me from answering his questions now.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Wow, is he still going? You almost have to admire his persistence. That’s Sysiphian levels of pointless endeavour.