chad thundercock homophobia incel irony alert men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reddit

Incel Problems: “My dad saw my Chad folder and now he thinks I’m gay”

No, not THAT Chad!

By David Futrelle

Ok, so let’s say you’re a totally normal dude who just happens to be, you know, an incel. And like most normal dudes you keep a folder full of pics of super handsome shirtless dudes on your computer, not because you like to look at them or anything but because you need them as evidence you can pull out at a moment’s notice the next time you get into an argument with someone online who doesn’t believe the totally true fact that super handsome dudes who are capable of removing their shirts are literally the only dudes in the world who can get dates with women unless, I dunno, the woman is super icky or a sex robot or just wants money from you or something.

And then your dad finds your folder of super handsome shirtless dudes and all hell breaks loose.

My Dad Saw My "Chad Folder" and Now Thinks I'm a Homosexual Even More (self.Braincels) submitted 19 days ago by NoTimeForCucks I made a few posts ago how my dad accused me of being gay since I don't and have never had a girlfriend or showed any interest in getting one. Well now he saw my Chad folder which is just really attractive guys with mostly their shirts off. He now straight up thinks I'm gay and I couldn't convince him that they were just for r/braincels and incels.me I sounded like a stuttering IDIOT

Dude. Dude. Dude!

I’m sorry about your dad, who honestly sounds like a bit of a jerk, but there’s nothing inherently weird about having a folder full of pics of shirtless hunky dudes on your computer.

It wouldn’t be weird if you had a folder full of pics of shirtless hunky dudes because you think they’re hot, regardless of whether you think of yourself as gay or bi or straight or asexual or whatever. It wouldn’t be weird if you had a folder full of pics of shirtless hunky dudes NOT because you think they’re hot but because, I dunno, you were trying to learn how to draw superheroes and wanted some pics of buff male torsos to use as a reference. Or because you like making funny photoshops with them. Or because you’re trying to get buff yourself and want inspiration. Or just because for some unknown reason you find looking at them very relaxing.

I mean, there are hundreds of non-weird reasons you might have a shirtless hunk folder on your hard drive.

The only weird reason I can think of for having a shirtless hunk folder on your hard drive is because you need them as evidence you can pull out at a moment’s notice the next time you get into an argument with someone online who doesn’t believe the totally true not true fact that super handsome dudes who are capable of removing their shirts are literally the only dudes in the world who can get dates with women.

It would also be weird if you had a folder full of pics of Chad Kroeger, but that’s a whole other can of worms my friend.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

The cats are always hinting that they’d like extra parents, just in case our opposable thumbs* become damaged.

* Handy for opening cans of cat food.

KatieKitten420
KatieKitten420

Hi WWTH, I want to ask you something OT cuz of something you mentioned. I got sucked in to the early version of thinspo. I was straight up anorexic and bulimic for a while in high school(for me it was all to fit in, and feel attractive to boys, I don’t think I had the technical psychological disorder.)

But in my HS social group, if you were 5’5 or shorter, anything above a size 6 was considered a bit large. 4 was average and 0 to 2 was considered ideal.( I didn’t like weighing 3 digit numbers)Yes I do realize now that’s utterly absurd but at the time (and remember this is when Kate Moss is one of the absolute most popular models, and heroin chic was a huge trend)it seemed rational.

My point and question is is or was thinspo ever actually a big thing? I always thought it was a teeny tiny fringe group that almost no one has heard of. You’re the first person I’ve heard mention it IRL in over a decade. Did it ever catch on or go viral or get popular amongst more then a few thousand people? Because looking back it’s remarkably unhealthy. Way more so then just wanting to be skinny because it’s socially acceptable. The total philosophy is truly disturbing.

The mindset of me and my friends at the time was definitely unhealthy but except for a few three girls two of which ended up going to the hospital for it all of us were aware if we got too skinny we could die and weren’t mistaken about how we look we just thought a size 0 was the most attractive look at the moment once we were there we didn’t want to keep losing weight. Again still ridiculous. But those girls it’s a lifestyle almost akin to a religion. That’s what turned me off it.

They think you really can’t be too thin and should keep losing weight indefinitely and a lot of disturbing beliefs on how to do it and how to live life while you’re doing it to trick people so they won’t know you’re not eating. And more. Okay I’m babbling again, I just wanted to know if it’s actually a big popular thing. Or even a reasonably popular thing. Cuz that’s a bit frightening. Sorry for the wall of text. Everyone have a lovely day! Katie

PS: Scildfreja, you weren’t in the thread the other day when I asked about drug legalization and asked for some advice on how my life is going. I respect your opinion and I’m impressed by your intelligence more than almost anyone else I’ve interacted with online in comments. I’d appreciate it if you skim what I said and give me an answer in this thread or that one. I know you’re busy and have a life too so if you don’t have time that’s perfectly cool.

KatieKitten420
KatieKitten420

I really have nothing on topic to say about this. Like many comedians writers and other intelligent people have said, since Trump’s election we’ve just moved beyond parody and satire and all of those things. Like this should be some sort of Onion article, but no it’s real life and I cannot express how much it disturbs me. Not this article specifically but the concept I just expressed.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

I cannot express how much it disturbs me.

Me too. Stay strong. With any luck, he’ll be impeached soon. Or indicted. Or surrounded by Democrats. Possibly all three.

And if none of those happens, stay strong anyway.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Alan

It’s my wrists isn’t it?

It is. But I know you’ll be fantastic with the cats! Thanks!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

just in case our opposable thumbs become damaged.

eep.

(but I have cat-sitting experience! And one of the cats still ambushes and harasses me to demand tribute whenever I go past)

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@opposablethumbs
Eep! Nothing personal. It’s just something that our cats brood about.

Moggie
Moggie

OT: Isao Takahata, co-founder with Hayao Miyazaki of Studio Ghibli, has died. I’m steeling myself to rewatch his Grave of the Fireflies tonight (a masterpiece, but not an easy watch).

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Alan – May I add you to my canthal tilt folder?

KatieKitten420
KatieKitten420

Kat, it’s what we must do. And make sure you(general you) take the self care you need to stay strong. I feel that cannot be repeated enough. As humans we just can’t stay constantly outraged, frustrated, despairing, etc. We’re not built for it, it burns us out.(especially progressives, at least noticeably more so than conservatives, or right wing adherents according to some studies)

That’s partially what happened to me plus just utter despair at what had happened and the connotations and ramifications of it and not as important but still often in my thoughts, was the fact that I had literally predicted this and everyone told me I was crazy.( after the fact I learned apparently I was not the only black woman who had done so and had also been called crazy)

I don’t mean to spout platitudes and resist may sound cliche but it’s what we must do if we give into despair they just win by default.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

@Moggie,

I saw that sad news today, too. I don’t think I could handle that particular film right now, but I’m grateful to him for making it, nonetheless.

Re the actual, current post: all I could see in my email header was “My dad saw my Chad”, and this made me happy for rhyme-y reasons.

Moggie
Moggie

My dad saw my Chad
and that made me feel bad

Catalpa
Catalpa

Since this dude is posting on braincels, he’s definitely a shitty little twerp, and needs to pull his head out of his ass.

All the same, if the account is true, I hope that he doesn’t have a dad who would abuse his child for (apparently) being gay.

Katamount
Katamount

Honestly, Chad doesn’t get enough love.

Although a visit to BeLicious St. Coxx is on my bucket list. 😛

As for photos of shirtless dudes… I dunno, torso alone doesn’t really do it for me. Kinda need to see the whole package, regardless of who I’m lookin’ at for jollies. Certainly explains a lot about my artwork. 😉

*sigh* I just wish I could actually work on art… effin’ computer pulling a Kernel 41 instant shut down after two minutes of Photoshop every single time. I think it’s a dying Power Supply Unit and I’ve ordered a new one… but odds are I’m going to be artless this weekend.

Friggin’ computers….

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ buttercup

I would be honoured and flattered. I’m afraid I don’t know whether I have a positive or negative tilt. I only have a six foot spirit level, and that’s not exactly practical for measuring, my nose keeps getting in the way. I also don’t know which one is meant to be the good one.

Zenobia Augusta
Zenobia Augusta

I can sort of understand how these teenage guys can feel like they are never going to have any kind of romantic or sexual relationship. By the time I was 14 I was convinced that I was un-dateable. I felt like all the other girls my age had boyfriends (either currently or in the past, which would have been Middle school, LOL) and I was behind. I had a lot of insecurities about my appearance, and actually started trying to diet when I was 6. So, by high school I was convinced that I was hideously ugly and would die alone. I never blamed guys or society for this though, just myself.
@KatieKitten420 I think most people who spend a lot of time on the internet are aware of the pro-ana community and know what thinspo is, but I don’t think many (non eating disordered) people actually use thinspo.

Nequam
Nequam

You know at one point they wanted the American version to redraw all the pokemon as buff pro wrestler guys?

So basically Kinnikuman/M.U.S.C.L.E.?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Do you want to cringe ? Here a super-utilitarian trying to find a partner via AI deep learning :

He might not be too creepy compared to the average manospherian, but still …

kupo
kupo

@Alan

My record of looking after other people’s cats can probably fairly be described as ‘mixed’

Every time you tell another catsitting story I wonder anew why people keep asking you to sit for them.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Katamount:

The problem’s not the PSU, it’s Windows 10. Get something that isn’t quite as hopelessly broken (and adware/spywarey), like Windows 7.

@iforgetwho:

Redpill field reports frequently describe the competitor men in considerable detail, including height, weight, musculature, and what they were wearing. The women? They barely exist in the narrative except as generic HB8s, plates, thots, etc. Sex, if any, is glossed over as an uninteresting triviality. Only the men have any sort of dimensionality.

This definitely supports the notion that, to these types at least, “women aren’t the opposing team; they’re the ball”. You gather detailed stats about all the players, but they don’t gather much information at all about the women …

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ Kupo

There’s that phenomenon in business, that customers who had a problem that was remedied are more satisfied than ones where everything went smoothly from the start. It appears cats share that attitude. And I do do good apologies; no-one’s ever bought me venison in cherry sauce after a fuck-up.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

KatieKitten,

I have no idea how popular they really were. Probably not very. I did hang out at pro-ana sites for a brief time, but I don’t remember them having large amounts of users and people who weren’t already eating disordered that came in asking for tips on how to get one were always chased off. They also usually had links to recovery resources and no one who decided they wanted to recover was ever discouraged. So as unhealthy as the sites were for the eating disordered people who used them to reinforce their mindsets, the media perception that these sites were some sort of cult trying to recruit young girls into eating disorders was massively unfair. It was just a niche group of sick people who weren’t yet willing or able to recover trying to cope together. But I’m sure young people did lurk and get bad ideas too? So idk.

Katamount
Katamount

I considered that it was Windows 10 (as I had issues installing the Creative Update and these random shutdown issues cropped up only after I finally completed that update), but these shutdowns seem to hit either randomly or when I’m using a lot of graphical resources (StarCraft II will crash unless I’m using the lowest possible graphic settings). Usual culprits are either overheating or a dying PSU; the PSU is as old as the machine (6 years old and running it day and night for years) and is making weird chirping noises, so I figure it’s time for an upgrade anyway. HWMonitor indicates no temperatures above 45C, so it doesn’t seem like it’s a heat thing.

In the event that the new PSU doesn’t resolve it, I’ll take a closer look at the MOBO. But if I rule that out… then yeah, probably Windows 10 screwing me around.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@Katiekitten! I in fact did read your posts in the other thread, and kept a bit mum about it, cause it seemed like you already knew what you wanted to do. I guess I do have a thing or two I could suggest, though. Nothing unexpected.

– Do no harm. So, like, if you can avoid selling the dangerous stuff, try to?

– Have a way out figured out before things go bad. That goes for long-term too. Don’t start back into it until you’ve figured out how you’re gonna get out again. Always be working towards something beyond survival, if that’s in your means.

– If they’re a rich jerk, charge’m double.

I think you’ll do okay my duck <3 just make sure you have a goal, and make sure that goal’s a thing you actually want!

kupo
kupo

@WWTH
We did get some pro-ana people posting on the HAES (Health At Every Size) groups bombing us with pro-ana thinspo, but they seemed to be looking for a reaction not trying to recruit. They never gave out any way to find their groups and we never asked. We just deleted and banned. But it’s possible some people thought they were trying to recruit with the thinspo?

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Kupo,

I would not be surprised if those were trolls and not actual eating disordered people trying to recruit. If nothing else, because so many eating disordered people are weirdly competitive about who can restrict the best and don’t necessarily want the extra competition. But I should note that my time in the pro-ana community was way back in the first half of the aughts so things may very well have changed a lot.

kupo
kupo

@WWTH
That’s about when I was in HAES. I got the impression they just hated us and wanted to ruin our days. So trolls, in other words.

Fruitloopsie
Fruitloopsie

Zenobia
Oh my gosh that’s terrible. I read from girls and women who had the same problems like dieting at a very young age but I don’t think I ever heard a guy having the same deal. I wish you well and therapy is always good and to work on yourself and try to be the best you can be.

Shadowplay

I don’t think I ever heard a guy having the same deal.

You wouldn’t. It’s not talked about much. There is a fair amount of pressure regarding appearance on boys and young men too.

Not going to say it’s more than for girls because no effing way it is, but it exists and some boys do respond poorly to it.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Alan:

I don’t know that incels have ever defined the precise angle at which a canthal tilt becomes bad (actually, they probably have, but I’m afraid to look). Undoubtedly there are examples and counterexamples for every conceivable value. I should probably organize my folders by hundredths of decimal places just in case.

Anyway, your comments are pleasingly tilted and I enjoy them tremendously.

@Surplusthatwasme:

That’s true, the ball doesn’t matter much in scorekeeping. Although the flap over Deflategate and “cheating” reminds me of the outrage over makeup, padding, airbrushing, etc. And the outrage whenever someone reminds incels that sex workers exist. And the outrage over suggestions that attractiveness isn’t narrowly defined or fixed. How can you objectively keep score if there are no standards? How can it count as a notch if the woman is paid or has artificially inflated her HB-ness with tricksssy cosmetics? These guys don’t want any asterisks next to their “wins”.

@EJ:

It’s official: Pics of hot dudes is the new Pokemon.

Now I really want there to be a Chad Go, where incels fall into public fountains while pursuing a rare Dark Triad.

Zenobia Augusta
Zenobia Augusta

Aw, thank you Fruitloopsie. I’m doing much better now. I won’t say things are perfect (I’m in a profession that greatly rewards skinny women) But I no longer starve myself on a regular basis or cry if I gain a few pounds. Oddly enough, taking trapeze lessons has really helped me appreciate my body for what it can do, and not just what it looks like.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Re guys and the pressure to be thin: I’ve heard from personal trainers that there seems to be an increase in guys who have a problematic relationship to food. They go to a PT in order to gain muscle, follow the exercise program, never gain any muscle and wonder why, and eventually it turns out it’s because they’re not eating enough. Because they have this idea that in order to be attractive they must look like movie superheroes, which means muscle but very little body fat. And so even though they want to gain muscle, they’re so afraid of eating too much in case they gain fat too.

Shadowplay

@Dvärg

See it in the army a lot too, especially among the 20 year olds (and, increasingly, the ones who’ve hit their 30s). Some very problematic relationships with food.
Least in the army I could order the buggers to eat. 😛

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

@Zenobia Augusta <3, it sounds like things are a little better. I'm glad to hear that, and I hope they keep improving.

Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell
Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell

As bad as Nickelback is, it would be far better if they talked about that particular Chad instead.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

@ makroth

I spent years defending Nickleback on the ground “Well they do have that one good song”. Then someone pointed out I’d been thinking of a different band.

ETA: Funny thing is, when I’d mentioned the song (‘Inside” by Stiltskin) loads of other people thought that was by Nickelback as well. Must be some weird psychological phenomenon at work.

Nequam
Nequam

Bodybuilders, at least during compeition, try to get their body fat levels down to something seen only in famine victims. I do wonder how badly that screws them up even if they’re not trying to enhance themselves with HGH, steroids, etc.

I’d love to see more fellows shoot for the Eugen Sandow look, which is more “classic Greek sculpture”:

comment image

Dapper ‘stache optional.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

@Katamount:

I’ve never had a PSU fail that didn’t either just abruptly die, or the fan did so it began to overheat.

I’d be willing to bet actual dollars that it’s buggy Windoze 10 or else a buggy Win10 driver, especially if as you say the problem started right after installing a major service-pack level update to the OS.

But if your PSU is making odd sounds, chances are the fan is going. Either the fan or the whole unit (PSUs are pretty cheap, and are interchangeable enough a lot of the times you might be able to cannibalize a dead PC for its) ought to be replaced anyway.

@Buttercup: I believe the correct phrase is “tricksssy cosmeticses”. Accompanied by calling one’s beloved girlfriend trophy “my preciousssss” and asking questions like (after getting a phone number, and seeing a trace of foundation transferred onto the paper from a finger) “what has my nasty new contactses got in her nasty little compactses?”

And these MRA/incel types wonder why they have such a hard time getting a second date.

Shadowplay

comment image

I use this sometimes for trainees with odd ideas about fitness. (fingers crossed the picture shows up).

No idea of original artist, sorry.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

My friend who used to compete in bodybuilding was really strong in between contests, and I think a lot of bodybuilders are, but yeah, the prep for contests isn’t exactly healthy. And yeah, he’s done steroids too. He quit both drugs and bodybuilding competitions when he was prepping for this big international event and suddenly got this weird arytmic heart beat and began just feeling really weird. He thought that ok, this is a warning, better quit all drugs and crazy dieting now.
That was a couple of decades back and he’s fine now, healthwise, so probably a smart decision. He still works out a lot and he’s still strong, but doesn’t have an extreme body any longer.

Nequam
Nequam

Yeah. It’s interesting looking at Hafthor Bjornsson (Gregor Clegane on Game of Thrones), who is a bit more sculpted but as a Strongman champ is generally more just bulky and wide-waisted.

Also he has a cute little bitty puppy.

comment image

Banananana dakry
Banananana dakry

@Alan Robertshaw

And your canthial tilt.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Actually, a little while ago bodybuilding grandfather Arnold Schwarzenegger publicly complained that the bodybuilding champs nowadays aren’t as good-looking as they were back in his day, in part because they have bigger waists nowadays. Like, they still have next to zero bodyfat when they enter the stage, but there’s been this trend towards bulkier and bulkier abs, and therefore less narrow waists.

And yeah I weirdly know stuff like this just because a friend of mine used to do bodybuilding and still follow it.

Katamount
Katamount

@Surplus

If that’s the case… what options have I got? I mean, I’ve updated all my drivers, Windows 10 forces updates anyway and I’ve checked issues related to the power setup. I could try reinstalling Windows 10 entirely, but then the forced updates would put me right back in a bind. Can Windows 7 be downloaded from Microsoft and installed in its place?

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

@Shadowplay

The artist in question is Kelly Turnbull, aka Coelasquid, who among other things draws the comic “Manly Guys Doing Manly Things” at http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/

Shadowplay

!!!!!

She’s probably my favorite artist out there! I follow her, read MGDMT every week – hell I even interviewed her back in 2011! 🙂

Made my day, you have.

OK, fanboi mode off. 😛

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

@Shadowplay

Yeah, I’m in totally in platonic love with her. She’s just the coolest. I dunno why I remembered that particular picture, it has just stuck in my mind. (I think it was in the same conversation where she pointed out to people saying how unattractive bodybuilders were that bodybuilders didn’t do it so they could look nice to other people, they did it because THEY liked that look. It gave me a new perspective on that.)

Nentuaby
Nentuaby

@shadowplay, @schnookums

Specifically it’s an excerpt from her longer “Musculature / Character Design” tutorial. It’s linked on this page along with some of her other tutorials.

Shadowplay

Ohhhh more reading!! 🙂

Bookmarked. I’m terrible at drawing figures.