actual mammoths antifeminism bad science men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny whaaaaa?

We Extincted the Mammoth to Male-Genocide You

The last mammoth

By David Futrelle

So over on Tumblr, some people were having a nice little discussion of how amazing it is that our ancient ancestors were able to figure out some rather complicated sciencey things, like the circumference of the earth, without being able to just look them up on Google.

Someone mentioned mammoths, those oft-hunted beasts that not only co-existed with our hairier prehistoric predecessors but managed to survive, at least in some remote areas, for several thousand years after humans first became civilized.

Then someone called Brett Caton showed up. He began innocently enough.

“I find it utterly bizarre that humans saw these megafauna,” he wrote, before linking to a New York Times story about the last known population of mammoths that went extinct. According to one scientific paper quoted in the story, these mammoths, living on isolated Wrangel island in the arctic sea north of eastern Siberia, had “carried so many detrimental mutations [in their genome] that the population had suffered a ‘genomic meltdown.'”

Then Mr. Caton’s comment took a bit of a turn.

“That ‘genomic meltdown’ is one of the reasons feminism is so potentially lethal,” he wrote,

because they keep pushing for asexual reproduction, or trying to combine ovaries, when the most likely outcome is a population running about – unable to reproduce sexually since the whole “male genocide” bit – with incredibly damaged chromosomes.

Sex exists for a reason, and no, “because it’s fun” is not the answer, sorry. It works better than reproduction otherwise. Which is why every complex species uses it.

Intelligence requires a lot of things to be working correctly, and if you have an all female species that is over the tipping point of idiocy, then there won’t be enough people to maintain the technology to continue to reproduce. And humans will go the way of the Wrangel beasties.

Fortunately, feminists are horribly lazy bastards, so i doubt they’ll continue to get their way, but it does made for a decent plot for a dystopian fiction…

Mr. Caton’s comment raises a number of questions, including:

1. Huh?
  2. What?
  3. What the hell?
  4. Does this dude think the Wrangel island mammoths were, like, the world’s first hairy legged feminists?

As it turns out, I’m not the only one with questions. Caton’s post has so far garnered 154,000 “notes” on Tumblr, and comes trailing a long and ever-expanding string of comments from other people as confused as I am. “Whaaaaaaaa???” wrote one. “W-what??” asked another.

Still another added:

I got to that point … and was like “wait What.” And then it just kept going and I was like “is this actually happening? Am I seriously reading this right now??”

It is. You are. Apparently we feminists extincted the mammoth to male genocide you.

Myriad
Myriad

These guys have no sense of proportion. They always jump straight to 11.

And evolution doesn’t work that way. The most successful trait not necessarily the best trait continues. Because sex is fun might indeed be the right answer as to why we reproduce sexually. And what feminist want to reproduce asexually? By combining ovaries? What? 🤔😬

I amend what I said earlier. Not only do they have no sense of proportion, they also make no sense at all.

Weird (America Where Are You Now? Don't You Care About Your Sons And Daughters?) Eddie

Sign from “March for Our Lives”:

“Your gun doesn’t make your dick look bigger, if makes you look like a bigger dick.”

Dan Kasteray
Dan Kasteray

The ignorance is off the charts. This is a prime example of pattern recognition gone off the rails. He’s so far down the rabbit hole he’s gotten kicked out of Narnia and found himself in Monty Pythons flying circus

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

D-does he think the mammoths reproduced asexually somehow? Which feminists are calling for “combining ovaries?” How are the people who organized the largest single-day protest in American history “lazy bastards?”

What I would give for a look into this man’s brain!

dawnpurityseeker
dawnpurityseeker

But if we’re reproducing by combining the genetic material from two ovaries, then we’re reproducing sexually. 🤔 That’s what sexual reproduction is, .5 + .5 = baby. 🤔

Wait lol, I lie. Lesbian sex isn’t REAL sex, lol. And now that I’ve trolled you all, I better go back to sitting here, motionless, in the wind. Waiting and waiting patiently for the pollen from my male to blow all over my open ovule, so that the pollen tubes that grow out of his pollen can penetrate my egg cells within one of my archegonia.

Yes, sexual reproduction is so hard for the female. But it is worth it, knowing that I will undo you feminists male genocide, one seedpod at a time.

PS. Honey bees, you say? LIARS! I would never CUCK my alpha with the likes of honey bees. Even if their large labium are elongated to form a tube and tongue, and they are so proficient at lapping up my nectar, and have such lovely hairy legs…. wait STOP IT!!! NO! I am perfectly happy with my male and his stamen blowing in the wind. All the male gametes will come to me!

PPS. If any if you call me an imperfect flower I will fucking cut you. See these thorns? Yeah that’s what I thought.

I am PERFECT. (Perfectly sarcastic)

Austin Loomis

A friend on the official Discord chat for Dreamwidth’s milliways_bar points out that there are complex species that reproduce perfectly well with parthenogenesis. It’s not ideal, but that’s how Komodo dragon populations got started on some small islands. (To say nothing of the whiptail lizard.)

She also asked “where did this guy get his ideas about what feminists want?” I’m wondering that myself, but not too hard; after all, when you ask a question like that, you run a very real risk that someone will answer it.

EJ (The Other One)

dawnpurityseeker, you win all threads forever.

Jezabelle
Jezabelle

@Austin Loomis, you beat me to it! Several species can asexually reproduce through parthenogenesis.
This post has me in deep confusion.

Viscaria
Viscaria

Smashing ovaries together is the one and only item on my feminist agenda.

dawnpurityseeker
dawnpurityseeker

@EJ

Thank you for recognizing my perfection. Those Floriculturists are such simple-minded omegas.

You seem cool, but we can’t be friends. Since you’re a feminist, you can only be a prostitute Orchid, Ophrys apifera. But good luck with your treacurious deception of the dim-memoried honeybee, feminist! May your colors be bright and your honeybee pheromones be sweet.

[This post still contains SARCASM. I’m sure you’re not a deceptive, lying flower EJ. 💕]

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Well, a few years back some scientists managed to create mice that had two biological mothers by putting DNA from one egg cell into another egg cell. I’m not sure what their reason was other than “for science”, but a lot of newspapers made silly headlines afterwards about how “men aren’t needed any longer”. So that’s probably what this dude is thinking of.

Still, even if we imagine an absurd world where all men died out and we had billions of (cis) women reproducing through this tech, it would still, technically, be sexual reproduction, because reproduction would still mean combining the DNA of two different individuals. We’d still not be like, say, those lizard species where the entire species is female and reproduction is basically through a sort of natural cloning process.

misophistry
misophistry

dawnpurityseeker all this talk of stamen is making my ovipositors twitchy.

Pie
Pie

@Dvärghundspossen

It would be a way for a mother with some kinds of mitochondrial disorder to have children without passing the defect on. There might be other kinds of genetic issues that could be avoided too, but I’m hazy about what those might be. In any case, the egg would still need to be fertilized by a sperm, I believe.

Nina
Nina

Considering how incels and mgtows like to fantasize about artificial wombs (and of course, sex dolls) to make women superfluous, I quite enjoy their indignation at the idea of science replacing men instead.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I’m sure to this dude women are all the same. Therefore reproduction combining the genetic material of two ova would be the same as one cis woman cloning herself.

On another topic, Taylor Swift came out in favor of gun reform and the March for our Lives campaign. I wonder if that’s going to cost her any of her Nazi fans?

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

@Pie: It was no sperm involved in creating that mouse, that’s why it made such headlines. And apparently it was way earlier than I thought! It was way back in 2004, and the scientists made 460 (!) embryos that didn’t survive before they managed to create a litter of ten mice with two biological mothers and no biological father. Of those, only one survived into adulthood.
I guess we haven’t heard any more of this because they never quite got the hang of it? I mean one out of 460 isn’t great. So we seem to be pretty far from the dreaded point in time where da feminazis have made this the standard method of reproduction.

Catfish
Catfish

Nobody tell this guy about New Mexico whiptail lizards, it would blow his monkey mind.

Catfish
Catfish

But hey, he’s not ALL wrong about feminist mammoths – they were, after all, matriarchal like modern elephants!

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Catfish, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s read an article about them and that was part of the inspiration for this disjointed rant. After all, biologists often say that female-only species can be very evolutionary successful in the short term, but it’s hard for them to adapt to changes in the environment since they don’t mix and shake things up genetically through sexual reproduction.

EJ (The Other One)

@Viscaria:

Smashing ovaries together is the one and only item on my feminist agenda.

That might be a great use for all the big particle accelerators left over from the Higgs Boson experiments.

@dawnpurityseeker:

I’m sure you’re not a deceptive, lying flower EJ

I am a flower who does not want to be fucking cut, so I shall ensure my complete truthfulness, and shall keep my stamen to myself.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

Sex exists for a reason

What, just the one?

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

So only men have genetic variation, and women would be sterile mutants without constant infusions of fresh sperm. Got it.

What’s the inbred feminist version of the Hapsburg Lip? The Equal Pay Canthal Tilt?

Hambeast
Hambeast

wwth said

Oh I hope so! Nazi tears are sooooo delicious!

I went to the March for our Lives rally in my town this morning. I was pleasantly surprised at the turnout* in our little** conservative bedroom suburb! I met some great people, including two ladies who are interested in maybe carpooling to some rallies that are more far-flung. Also, a fair number of cars honked in support. Of course there were detractors, too; one guy in a big pickup with both a US flag and a Gadsden flag in the bed had to roar by twice to drive his point home. 9_9

*at least a couple hundred; we covered all four corners of the major
intersection just off the interstate.

**roughly 225,000 between two adjacent communities and surrounding environs

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

I’m still working on a primary theme song
For this lively lil’ blog
You can guess what the chorus would be
Don’t even have to commit any memory

But this came along and may inspire a fork
In the bare code of that future tune
For now, it’s lazy Saturday
At least outside ain’t looking too grey

Nequam
Nequam

To misquote Ivan Stang, proof once again that certain forms of extremist thought have much the same effect as methamphetamine.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Seveneves.

(Though they did eventually reintroduce men … somehow. Where they got fresh Y chromosomes I can’t recall.)

TreePerson
TreePerson

Well I suppose some factions of radfems (like scum and probably a few terfs) might want some form of “male genocide” but they are actively rejected by the intersectional feminist movements very premise,
Its the same logic that says all Muslims are terrorists because of the few thousand guys with a black flag losing a war (against other Muslims) and ignoring the nearly 2 billion other Muslims in the world.

@Hambeast
My mother was a legal observer at our local rally she estimates something like 17,000 people showed up.

TreePerson
TreePerson

Ok more like 1,700,
looks like I added an extra zero.

Ivory Bill Woodpecker
Ivory Bill Woodpecker

comment image

Shadowplay

Not sure how many were at the London one, couple thousand at least. About 12 of us went up town for it. It were pretty busy, so we stayed on the edge of the crowd. Crowds make most of us short tempered and jumpy, but, eh. The kids are doing right. Got to support that.

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

There was a London one? I thought the UK already had decent gun control. All the terrorists there seem to use bombs, knives, and cars …

Shadowplay

Yep. Outside the US Embassy. Why the buggers had to build their new embassy about 50 feet from MI6, I don’t know, so that were fun. 😛

Lots of Americans here, especially for uni or families of city suits. Still a fair number of our kids showed up too, in support. Some of the usual aggro merchants too, of course.

PeeVee the Tired
PeeVee the Tired

Surplus:

Yes. Turns out “March For Our Lives” went global in support of stricter gun laws in America. Even those who already have great gun laws.

London
Paris
Sydney
Berlin
Edinburgh

…all stood in solidarity with the Parkland students and others who have been victims of gun violence.

Fanfucktastic, huh?

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

Tel Aviv too.

Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy
Mish of the Catlady Ascendancy

We’ve had our rallies for asylum-seekers this weekend too, so there’s a bit of fragile hope in the air.

Off-off-topic: looks like Voxiversity is in for some competition. Jordan-who-is-everywhere-I-fucking-look-goddammit-Peterson has announced he’s going to set up his own university. To have learnin’ free of indoctrination, ofc.

Podkayne Lives
Podkayne Lives

Jordan Peterson just got on my radar, and I wish he would drop back off it already.

ALittleBitStabbyToday
ALittleBitStabbyToday

So, long time lurker, and a little bit tipsy, but been watching the coverage of the rallies today and am just so amazed at these young people. Emma Gonzalez, Naomi Wadler, good lord, ALL of y’all are amazing. I am in awe of the courage, intellect, and painful honesty i see these young people displaying. They give me hope in this world. So damn amazing

Catalpa
Catalpa

Perhaps this dude misunderstood it when a feminist-leaning person told him that they supported asexuals. We’re actually just humans that do not experience sexual attraction, not humans who have discovered how to asexually reproduce. Yes, I know, it can be confusing.

dust bunny
dust bunny

I have to admit I often worry I sound like this guy. From the ordinary person’s perspective even pretty mild communism and any feminism that isn’t exploitable as a marketing device sounds about as [insert reference to prejudice against mentally ill people] as he does. 🙁 or at least this is what their reactions would lead a person to think a lot of the time. And well, a lot of them do say it outright, too. Doesn’t help that I am mentally ill.

It’s weird that as a person who isn’t proudly racist and considers proud racism a major character flaw, I have to be a lot more careful to hide my power level than the currently hatching batch of Nazis do. For some reason not being taken seriously doesn’t hurt them at all, while it’s the worst thing for anyone speaking up for even moderate decency.

tim gueguen

There were solidarity marches in several Canadian cities as well.

As for Caton I wonder if he’s confusing the goals of feminism with the ’80s anime series Gall Force, which revolved around a civilisation of female humans, the Solnoids, fighting a war with the non-human, and all male, Paranoids.

The Real Cie

No way! I would never extinct my fat, legbeard sisters!

The Real Cie

Off topic, but I am a person who has three diagnosed major mental illnesses (bipolar disorder type 2, borderline personality disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder) and people using the term “crazy” in general doesn’t bother me. To me, crazy means doing the same action that didn’t work repeatedly and expecting it to work this time, or spouting nonsense like this guy is spouting. I’m far more bothered by people crying “mental illness!!111!!!” whenever someone commits some sort of heinous crime because the majority of people with mental illness are not violent and are more likely to be victims of violence than perpetrators thereof. Just had to get that off my chest.

EJ (The Other One)

There was one in London? Aww man, I missed it. I love a good demo.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

Me too, EJ, me too.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@tim gueguen
I have a really vague memory of watching one of those way back when the “Japanimation” section of your local VHS rental store was a minefield for unsuspecting parents,
I barely remember the girls running around in there underwear or naked (I remember it in a nonsexual “the ship came under attack while I was sleeping and its just us girls anyhow” kinda way), the bad guys being really creepy and people dying and then at the end of the one I watched they chased some naked guy around an earth like planet or something?
The actual plot I do not remember at all.

Moggie
Moggie

Hambeast:

You could contact your local Soros cell about their free globalist bus service.

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

Same here. I have had a schizophrenia-like condition for the past thirty years (so pretty safe to say it’s chronic) – I don’t tick ALL the boxes for schizophrenia, and so no psychiatrist has ever put a precise label on me, but yeah, mentally ill anyway.
I’m not gonna argue against this site’s policy of not using “crazy”, but to me, it’s obvious that people can use it in a way which is disconnected from talk of mental illness, and when people use it that way it doesn’t bother me. Still bother the heck out of me when people go “that shooter was clearly a mental case, no sane person would do such a thing” and the like. But YMMV.

TreePerson
TreePerson

@Moggie
LOL I remember that one!
A bunch of people taking a chartered bus to the nations capital for a protest obviously meant they were fake protesters brought in my the Soros funded Illuminati as part of an evil plot to destroy western civilization,
instead of say a bunch of people who pooled money to charter a bus because they were all going to the same national protest./s

@Dvärghundspossen
I think it comes down to just being easier to blanket ban that kind of thing then wright out a bunch of exceptions to the ban on ableism,
on the up side we get some interesting terms while working around the rules (ammo-sexual is a great one).

Dvärghundspossen