domestic violence empathy deficit entitled babies incel men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny reddit

Women in abusive relationships should be jailed as accomplices, “involuntarily celibate” Redditor argues

What incels fantasize about

By David Futrelle

Leave it to the terrible excuses for human beings who populate the Incels subreddit to take victim blaming to its perverse extreme.

women in abusive relationships should be sent to prison (self.Incels) submitted 17 days ago by Alia_Harkonnen They are the fuel for their abusive Chads they'll later cry about, they are just as bad but also spineless and disgusting. They aren't victims of anything at all. they are in on it. If beating someone up is a crime than willingly letting them beat you up is supporting a criminal activity and should get them locked up as conspirators. Of course if it can be proven that they didn't have a choice cause they were locked in a basement or if they report the Chad and leave, then they shouldn't go to prison. But if they are caught in an ongoing relationship with history of abuse, they should be treated like criminals they are and not like victims.

I’m not sure you really count as an “involuntary celibate” if you hold views so toxic that no women would even want to be in the same room as you.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Well, you’re not mansplaining (and I’m fucking sick of getting that in feminist spaces), and I’m assuming you’re not looking for a personal fight.

What do think about what I said?

kupo
kupo

No-one gets to tell me what I meant, unless they’re fucking psychic.

No one told you what you meant. We talked about what you said. And you’re really going to tell Petal they can’t talk about this? They weren’t mansplaining a god damn thing.

@POM

“It’s shit like this that turns a perfectly serviceable term into meaningless garbage.”

Oh, wait, you’re right. Please, white males of WHTM, please tell me how I may or may not personally experience misogyny. After all, as long as you’re using one woman’s words to steamroll over another woman’s words, it can’t possibly be mansplaining.

“I think you said something incredibly stupid and then you blew up when called on it.”

Sure. Could you please, in your own words, explain what it was that I actually intended to say, and not whatever you THINK I said because you’re incapable of having any conversation with me that doesn’t involve making (sometimes ridiculous) negative assumptions about me.

Oh, and while you’re playing psychic, what’s the winning lottery numbers?

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Speaking of people who don’t know what the fuck just happened, that’s not what just happened.

Please read above, because I said nothing about what you INTENDED to say. I don’t know what you INTENDED to say. What you DID say was dumb as hell.

Also, I owe you nothing, so demand nothing from me, jackass.

@kupo

“No one told you what you meant.”

Well then, I didn’t mean what you thought I did. Alright?

If you want to argue that overt and covert misogyny are equally harmful, or whatever you think, I’m happy to hear your thoughts.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Fuck off, mrex.

Scildfreja Unnýðnes
Scildfreja Unnýðnes

comment image

@POM

“Also, I owe you nothing, so demand nothing from me, jackass.”

Sorry, but since you’re talking to me, you do owe me a good faith attempt to understand. Which is why I asked you to repeat back what I said, since I don’t think you actually understand, despite sitting here and making attacks.

So yes, you do owe me that much.

Edit: So, if you don’t know what I intended to say, what are you arguing?

Take your own advice for once. Ask what the other person meant. Don’t assume.

kupo
kupo

Well then, I didn’t mean what you thought I did. Alright?

A) I’m not psychic. Why are you getting so aggressive with me for responding to what you did say rather than what you meant to say?
B) Intent does not mitigate harm. Your words were really gross and they were upsetting to read whether that was your intention or not.

Edit:

dslucia
dslucia

For instance, there are very many right-wing trolls and bigots on another forum I frequent. They very regularly bemoan me for not being “tolerant” because I don’t entertain their ideas. I have absolutely no reason to entertain their ideas when I address them, and when they respond to my posts by getting even more aggressive at me, that gives me even less reason to seriously converse with them.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Now, if you were someone else, I would have go ahead and do it anyway, not because you are entitled to anything from me, but because I voluntarily engage in civil discourse with civil people. But you are not a civil person and you have proven yourself, on this thread and others, to be incapable of civil discourse. I volunteer nothing for you.

Edit: So, if you don’t know what I intended to say, what are you arguing?

Because what you DID say was fucking stupid, and you literally asked me what I thought of what you said. You asked me a question, I answered it, and now you’re pissy. Your pissitude means nothing to me, and what was going on behind your eyes when you made your fucking stupid statement is irrelevant.

@POM

“Nope, I sure don’t. That you feel entitled to something from me is your problem, not mine. I owe you two things: jack, and shit.”

You didn’t think this through did you? If you don’t owe me civility, then I don’t owe you civility, and I’m justified in my “pissitude”. Unless of course you’re “better” than me, and entitled when I’m not.

So, engage in good faith, or piss off.

@kupo

“Again you’re implying that if your intended meaning didn’t get across people didn’t understand. That’s not the case. Stop treating us like we’re incapable of comprehending or deliberately misinterpreting.”

Actually, what I said was that I worded things confusingly, and then apologized for that. I took the blame for the misunderstanding, not you.

You then attacked me.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

I said that you’re incapable of civility, not that you owe it to me. I’d be pretty dumb to expect civility from someone I literally just said can’t do it! That would be like expecting my cat to perform calculus!

and I’m justified in my “pissitude”.

There is no logical progression there, either from the beginning of your sentence, or from anything I said to you before. See what I mean about civil discourse? You can’t read, or you choose not to read, or something, not sure what, but you certainly don’t respond to what was said in any rational way.

I mean, you literally asked me what I thought of what you said, and then I told you in answer to the question you literally asked, and you got pissy at the answer to the question that you literally asked me to answer. So your pissiness is now somehow justified! by the logic of … ??? None has been provided, or even attempted! There is no civil discourse with you.

mrex

“I mean, you literally asked me what I thought of what you said, and then I told you in answer to the question you literally asked, and you got pissy at the answer to the question that you literally asked me to answer. “

Yeah, you “answered” by insulting me. I answered with pissiness. Quelle surprise! So irrational!

” So your pissiness is now somehow justified! by the logic of … ???”

Well if I *don’t* owe you civility, because you’re not entitled to me acting in good faith, then am I not justified in “pissiness”? After all, according to your logic, you’re not entitled to anything but “jack” and “shit” from me as well, (unless you’re somehow special), and I certainly don’t think that “freedom from pissiness” falls under either “jack” or “shit”.

@dslucia

“Mrex, when you come in swinging at everyone who addresses you, they most certainly do not owe you a “good faith attempt to understand” just because they’re addressing you.

So, obviously there’s quite a bit of backstory going on here.

You see, I don’t think that white men actually can eat privilege. I think that lower class whites still suffer class oppression, a position here that most here thinks makes me a “Nazi”, despite the fact that Nazi’s literally view me, a non-straight, feminist, crazy, single mother as less human than ISIS.* Of course, my actual position is less controversial, but don’t let that get in the way of a good lie. After all, I’m not the target here, I’m the example to every other liberal that may point out that there may be some issues, that they will be met with flat out abuse. Because no-one here could ever POSSIBLY be wrong, and implying otherwise makes you a “troll”, marked out for abuse.

What follows is usually some rediculous throwdown where I spend far too much time crying because I’m a dumb shit, while multiple people such as POM take turns trolling me in hopes of baiting me into saying something bannable. I learn some good things, because I am a stupid privileged fuck, and Axe is a rockstar, and taught me a lot. I also condesended to people, which is shit on my face, but also partly bullshit, because POM and kupo and others never quite stop to think that maybe since they’re not parents, that they don’t actually have the life experience of every working class white, and that they probably shouldn’t reduce every complaint made by a white person into “whining”. POM in particular doesn’t seem to realize that most social programs in the US have waiting lists, and likes to call me self-absorbed for pointing out otherwise. And throughout it all, I’m expected to be polite, to “have empahy”, and to “not assume what others meant”, all while being misrepresented.

Well fuck that. You guys wanted to troll out a meltdown. Congrats. *bows*

*As proven by science.

kupo
kupo

I see you have no idea what intersectional feminism is or what the vast majority of the commenters on here believe.

We agree that classism can be present regardless of race. What we don’t agree is that it’s not racist to vote for a racist platform because it might give you a small amount of economic relief. See, ignoring the racist aspects of Trump’s platform to serve your own needs is, in fact, racist.

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Mrex, exactly what part of “Nobody likes you, nobody has ever liked you, fuck off and don’t come back” are you too stupid to understand?

mrex

“What we don’t agree is that it’s not racist to vote for a racist platform because it might give you a small amount of economic relief. See, ignoring the racist aspects of Trump’s platform to serve your own needs is, in fact, racist.”

I’m not sure that I’ve ever held this position, but if I did, I certainly don’t hold it now. I 150% agree that voting in a racist to serve your own needs is racist. Just like voting in a homophobe (Pence) makes you homophobic, and so on.

The argument that I do remember making is that making a mockery of lower class whites by making fun of their “economic anxiety” is counterproductive. Of course, later I learned that “fuck your economic anxiety” was aimed at people using economic anxiety to excuse racism, which in proper context was very funny. Hey, I have a dark sense of humor!

It wasn’t funny out of context.

I also made an argument that people rarely vote against their own self interest, but I also made the argument that white economic self interest and concern for POC are not mutually exclusive, and we should not treat them as such.

@SFHC

Keep trying to burn that bridge that was never there. Someday the air might catch!

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

Indeed, as a white male, I do wonder just how many times you have personally been the victim of covert misogyny like I have?

I don’t think this hasn’t been pointed out yet, so – IP isn’t a man. They’re nonbinary. And you know that, so I guess we can add deliberate misgendering and transphobia to your exceedingly long rap sheet.

kupo
kupo

I recall this being explained ad nauseam and you standing by your original position. This is the first time I’ve heard you say that you agree with the stance that voting for Trump is racist.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@mrex

Believe it when I see it, no objections or disagreements, I know, and I did what I could with what I had to work with

That all said, fuck you. You don’t get to use me as the good guy to berate everyone else. We’re all tryna teach you the same shit, you’re just not getting it. You didn’t even get it when I tried to teach you, but I was nicer than the others, so you could justify ‘accepting’ my criticisms without ever fixing your bullshit. Girl, bye!

@SFHC

Oh, how do YOU know that it’s deliberate? If this is the first time in my “long rap sheet” here that I’ve misgendered someone, then it probably wasn’t deliberate.

Keep grasping those straws.

@IP

I doubt SFHC would lie about this. I’m sorry that I misgendered you. Full stop.

@kupo

I don’t think you ever actually listened to what I actually said if this is literally the first time you heard it. I’ve criticized white’s unwillingness to confront their racial privilege before, including my own.

But I don’t want to rehash arguments that may have been made in the past. Especially since you are right.

@Axe

If you were “nicer”, I don’t remember that. What I do remember is that you actually took the time to engage, rather than insisting that I should change my opinions because I would be abused otherwise.

Honestly, I’m more willing to listen to you on this because you’re black, anyway.

Z&T
Z&T

Nice people?

I got a flower delivery notice today, got choked up again,

Thanks again all for your thoughts 🙂
I am feeling a bit better, thanks to thoughts here too.

@ Kat, yes the little things….
I got choked up over a flower delivery notice.

But also, (positive) aww, people have gone out of their way to show that they care. 🙂

For the confused out there –
Be like this. Don’t be an asshole.

These (various angry) people claim to be logical. OK, so in what other arena in life is it recommended that you be an asshole? You should be an asshole toward women (or anyone else) uh, why?

It makes no sense. Why don’t they see this?

I’m about to wrap it up here and was looking at some local weather, –
OK does the weather person stand up there and say: Hello, I’m an ASSHOLE! And you know what? Fuck your commute, fuck your various plans, fuck dangerous highway conditions, and storms and flooding, and maybe even tornados, because yeah, I’m an asshole.

Uh, no.

Don’t be an asshole. Who in the hell wants to be an asshole?

Women like assholes? Uh, no.
Put the TV off and stop reading crap online.

You’d think people could parse out the crap, drama, fiction, sensationalized “news” now, evidently not.

Don’t be an asshole. Is that too hard of an idea to grasp?

Mattie
Mattie

(Rape tw)

This excerpt was literally some “if she was violated in the city and did not cry out, it wasn’t rape” shit.

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Z&T
All my condolences.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

While I understand the sentiment behind “better misogyny that’s out in the open than done furtively”, that doesn’t actually solve anything. All it does is legitimize the hatred and make it more acceptable and mainstream. See: 2017, massive increase in blatant hate crimes and street harassment during. I don’t feel any more at ease with proud boys screaming Nazi slogans in the streets of Charlottesville than I do with sly racist dogwhistles. In fact, I feel vastly more afraid when it’s out in the open like that, because it means they believe there’s absolutely zero social restraint on their vile beliefs (and it’s fast becoming clear that the legal restraints are paper thin). Without an agreed-upon social contract, the next step is Nazi punching, and it ratchets from there.

Incels should feel ashamed, not emboldened. They should scuttle back into their holes and think about their life choices. And we should continue to loudly call out misogyny and racism wherever we see it, whether it’s overt or subtle.

Z&T, I like the “Don’t be an asshole” mantra. Going to try to apply it more often.

@SFHC

I got instantly super tired of mrex and went to sleep. Thanks for saying it. I didn’t feel like bringing it up, since the mansplaining allegation was so ridiculous in the first place.

@Buttercup

Ok, I think I see where you’re coming from. I agree- this shit is fucking scary. It fucking sucks that we’re still stuck circling this drain in 2017. Fuck this.

The only thing that I can’t fully get 100% on board with is that misogynists being loud and proud doesn’t solve things. It may not actually literally SOLVE misogyny, but it does clear things up a bit. When things are covert, it’s easy to be gaslit, it’s easy to think, or be told, that you’re misreading, or exaggerating, or whatever, because dudebro is a NIIIIIIIICE GUY.

At least it’s clear what incels are; steaming piles of shit. I don’t think that it’s possible to make a reasonble argument that they’re anything but. It’s why-personal opinion- I find PUAs so much creepier than incels, since they seem like they are more likely to be functioning around women in a somewhat hidden way.

Personal Opinion.

Imaginary Petal

I doubt SFHC would lie about this. I’m sorry that I misgendered you. Full stop.

I hate to be that person, but… even this is kinda weird. Why even bring up the possibility that SFHC might be lying.

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Oh! Well, let’s look at this so-insulting thing I said in response to your question:

HUH.

There is literally no insult here. I didn’t even call you stupid: I said that the thing you said was stupid. And I criticized your behavior. Not you, what you did.

So I am left with only two possible options. Either you don’t read what I write and sub in some imaginary statement, or else you think that anything that doesn’t kiss your ass is an insult. Either way, I’m not reaching the conclusion that your expectations are reasonable, or that you’re capable of civil discourse. It’s impossible to have a discussion with someone who doesn’t respond to what I write, but instead responds to some unpredictable alternate statement, and it’s impossible to have a discussion with someone who goes off at the most mild criticism.

@kupo

IRONIES.

@IP

Because she has a such a long history of lying about literally everything that I say, that I assume that literally everything that she says needs to be run through a sniff test. But she’s pretty sly and smart about it. When she lies it’s always by suggestion, and always where she can’t be proven wrong.

I’m sorry that I misgendered you. Full stop.

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

I don’t think sfhc ever lie. actually they very straight-forward which I like because it is clear and easy to understand.

@POM

Oh? And the “stupid” thing that I said was supposedly that incels are OK! Or at least poor little dears. Excuse me if I find that extremely insulting.

And I know what you think of me. You may be able to hide behind words in this thread, but don’t think that I don’t see you.

@Valentin

Cool story. I actually agree that she is very articulate. Quick question, how do you know that she’s never lied, if you have no way of telling whether what she is lying about could possibly be true or not?

For example, go ahead and prove that I KNEW that IP was nonbinary when I, as she admitted, never misgendered before.

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

what you mean cool story?

doesn’t matter really if you know or not know, usually I use they instead of he or she just in case. important more not to judge on gender and listen what people say. of course, I can’t prove what you know or not know, but does not mean that sfhc lies, only they maybe see some evidence I did not seen, and believe that you will know IP is non-binary. I know IP non binary because they said it before.

generally I will say sfhc too straight forward maybe for some people, because they say exactly what they believe and this could intimidate some people.

when I first start comment here I experienced some disagreement, because my veiw about Russian hack story different from most people here, but i decide not to talk here about it because there manu other benefits on this website and community. and actually for while i start to see some evidence which different from my belief and my veiw of Russian hack story changes. I ask myself, how can I say i support to UA but then make this argument about Russia when I know what they capable? and then i see actually because i have strong love for russia because my family from Russia and maybe this influences my veiw.

what I mean, sometimes better to take step back for the short time and see what develop.

Imaginary Petal

Just find it kinda interesting that mrex doesn’t know enough about me to know my gender identity, but they seemingly know enough about me to assume it.

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

and accuse of mansplaining -_-

because even men here who comment for long time comment, would try very hard to not mansplain. I am cis man and I already know this one and I was only here for 1 year.

@mrex

I don’t know what the hell is going on with you. You always say the worst thing, give the worst advice, and have the worst replies to everything. Just a few weeks ago you randomly accused me of being hostile to my sister-in-law. I just don’t get what your problem is, but can you stop making it everybody else’s problem too? We already have our own stuff to deal with. You deal with yours for a while now.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@mrex

Well, yes and no. Yes, in that it’s easier to see what you’re dealing with/easier to demonstrate its existence and have LONG overdue conversations, as a society, about how pervasive and toxic this shit is.

No, in that loud proud misogyny not only normalizes it, it actively amps up the vileness to a new level and makes it harder to combat. Trolls and attention-seekers try to outdo each other in viciousness. Others see it happening, and are encouraged to join in. Suddenly, the everyday “background” levels of sexism aren’t so noticeable any more.

I’m an old, and I don’t remember anywhere near this level of publicly accepted viciousness towards women in the ’70s and ’80s. Sure, there was a lot of eye-rolling condescension and disrespect, and a lot of institutional barriers, but there weren’t people with powerful media platforms openly calling for disenfranchisement and corrective rape. A candidate who said “grab them by the p*ssy” would have been instantly cast to perdition by the press. Back then, if, say, 1 in 1000 men harbored truly abhorrent, serial-killer-level beliefs about women, it was unlikely they would ever meet, much less form a club. If they wanted to promote their views, they were limited to hawking mimeographed newsletters on the street corner. Now sites like RoK and Reddit boast tens of thousands of members, with new recruits streaming in every day (because what’s easier to recruit than an angry young man seething with frustrated entitlement?). MRA crap regularly comes up at the top of Google searches, even for the most innocuous search terms. What kind of message do you suppose that sends to, say, a 14 year old girl innocently looking for advice on boys, or a 22 year old trying to get out of an abusive relationship?

Back then, it was mostly about fighting for equal employment, pay, and education. Now it’s all that plus trying to teach hordes of selfish, antisocial creeps that women are human, have bodily autonomy, and deserve basic civil rights. I can’t believe that here in the 21st century, we have to have websites dedicated to patiently explaining why being locked in jail because somebody’s manhood is feeling threatened is not okay. How much social media energy gets wasted every day on Basic Decency 101 primers?

It’s exhausting, and it makes me feel like we’ve gone a million steps backwards as a society.

@IP

I wasn’t assuming. I swear that I’ve seen you referred to you as “he” before.

But, it doesn’t actually matter whatever I thought here. I was wrong. Breathtakingly, 100% wrong. Full stop.

Tashilicious
Tashilicious

Now, mrex, use that to examine the post that started this whole thing maybe

Scented Fucking Hard Chairs
Scented Fucking Hard Chairs

comment image

Here’s a thread in which IP mentions being NB and then Mrex threadshits posts. There are others, but I have more important things to do than humour her shitwitted ass any further.

I got a good giggle out of just how true this is. =P

Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin
Valentin - Emigrantski Ragamuffin

sfhc

I will confess, I am one who was intimidated! 😁

@SFHC

I remember that thread. Ughhhh.

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

Sorry for a minor derail, but I’ll say it isn’t a derail ’cause it’s about MRA-Alt-Right-Assholes. We just had a federal by-election here in Canada, and my riding just got taken (77%!) by a vocal, proud, unashamed MRA who likes spending his time on social media calling women Feminazis. His campaign banners are of him standing there with a smug smirk on his face in his stupid fashy haircut and now he’s gonna be my member of parliament for the next bajillion years and it’s awful. So I guess I’m never leaving the house again!

Viscaria the Cheese Hog
Viscaria the Cheese Hog

Wow, Scildfreja, that’s really awful news.

mrex

Yeah, the thread where I mentioned the reluctance to discussing ways to prevent rape in feminist spaces led to taking shit advice, and being raped. Obviously, I was ‘victimblaming’. Uggghhhh indeed.

Also, I fail to see any reciepts that I acknowleged that I read that IP is nonbinary.

But it doesn’t matter. I misgendered them. I was wrong. Full stop.

@Buttercup

Agree and agree.

I just, don’t think that society ever viewed women as human. It’s just getting more acceptable to actually say out loud.

But that’s my take.

Imaginary Petal

Why am I not getting a cookie for meeting basic standards of decency in human communication?

Imaginary Petal

Um. You just stated the definition of victim blaming. That is what victim blaming is.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

But we discuss the ways we attempt to keep ourselves safe from sexual assault in feminist spaces all the time. What we don’t do is tolerate people saying that we should focus prevention efforts solely on victims instead of targeting the rapists or the bystanders who enable the rape. What we don’t do is let people get away with implying or outright stating that the victim should have done this or not done that if they didn’t want to be raped.