artistry creepy trump

Some creepy pics of the younger Trumps because I have a headache

Like father, like sons and to a lesser degree like daughter

By David Futrelle

I‘m having a lovely unplanned migraine vacation today (not a vacation from migraines but a staycation with a migraine) so instead of a regular post. which would require a working brain on my part, here are some creepified pics of the younger generation of Trumps (plus Jared).

Ok, a few more that might be even creepier.

Weatherwax
Weatherwax

@bluecat

Eric Trump without filter looks to me how I imagine the subordinate male vampires in Carpe Jugulum to look, give or take a fancy waistcoat. And the same with filter.

There is practically no scenario that is not made better with a Pratchett reference. I salute you. I also agree.

GNU Terry Pratchett

Paradoxical Intention - Mobile
Paradoxical Intention - Mobile

@D: That looks like him. What a fucking slime. Glad that he got his ass shut down on national television for being disgusting.

Though, if he still has employment after writing that shit, I doubt this will damage him any.

Amnesia
Amnesia

On the whole DaddyOFive abuse, those are parents I wouldn’t trust with Sims characters, let alone actual human beings.

ChimericMind
ChimericMind

@Alan: I loved the Master Ken post. I’m going to have to look up more of this stupidity/hilarity.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

David, please consider improving your diet and exercising more. I think it would have a beneficial effect on your migraines. It certainly won’t hurt!

Well that was a little concern trolly.

How do you know what David’s diet and exercise habits even are? You wouldn’t be making assumptions based on his appearance would you?

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@Scildfreja, Kupo:

RE: Car accident compilations

They’re a guilty pleasure of mine, I hate to admit it. Sometimes, I feel like I’m watching snuff films, and I’m ashamed of myself. Some of the accidents are so severe, I don’t see how the drivers and passengers could have survived them.

I particularly like to watch cars spin out in bad weather, when there’s ice and snow on the road. I think to myself, “Thank god it isn’t ME trying to navigate those roads.”

RE: Drumpf kids

During the late 1980s, I remember seeing a photo of Don Jr, and he had such a sad look in his eyes, I couldn’t help feeling a little sorry for him. What child wouldn’t be sad, if his or her parents were embroiled in a bitter, very public divorce? Well, I don’t feel sorry for him now. Quite the opposite.

kupo
kupo

@wwth
Ugh, how did I miss that the first time around?

Fat people are not inherently unhealthy.

Fat people do not automatically have poor diets.

Fat people don’t necessarily have poor exercise regimes.

Even if fat people do any of the above, it’s none of your goddamn business.

Even if people are unhealthy because of factors within their control, you need to keep your fucking mouth shut about it.

No one owes it to you to keep their body up to your standards.

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

Somewhat OT: A Something Awful forums goon put together a satirical mockumentary about the religion-fueled nightmare that was (will be?) the 2020 election. It’s “narrated” with spliced-together, out-of-context audio from Dan Carlin’s Hardcore History and Common Sense podcasts, and features various news clips and amateur video along with goon-made drawings of the POTUS. This was put together without Dan Carlin’s permission, so watch it before he gets Youtube to take it down!

[NOTE FROM DF: The video in question has some gory images in it, so at the request ofMrsObedMarsh I’ve disabled the link; you can still see the vid by pasting the link into your browser.]

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGYeTmHHZQM

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

Yikes! I didn’t realize the still for the video I posted would be so creepy! David, please feel free to take it down, and I apologize if I upset anybody.

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter

Alan Robertshaw
Because men have never, ever, ever done things like break windows or steal a policeman’s hat.
And because things like the vote are given as gold stars to minorities for their good personal deportment, and not some abstract concept like universal human rights.

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter

There’s nothing about the looks of the Trumpkids that grosses me out
But everything about their unearned sense of superiority and entitlement does.
They boys, at least, have stated they think they deserve to lord over everyone else because they are genetically superior people. How anyone can look at Trump, Sr’s behavior and conclude that they are superior because they share his genes is beyond me.

Croquembouche, extrenely mamal omen
Croquembouche, extrenely mamal omen

@ wwth:

Well that was a little concern trolly.

Concern trolly (or drive-by negging) in one light, stalkerish in another.

Potsdam Potter knows every detail of David’s diet and exercise regime, because Potsdam Potter is David’s official stalker, Millon de Floss.
I know this because I am PP / Millon’s official stalker, Adam Gnusense

and watching PP peer through David’s windows at his diet and exercise regime has been tedious for me, and my own stalker, and my stalker’s stalkers ad infinitum.

Potsdam Potter, if you can’t stop making baseless assumptions, at least start making more interesting ones.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Dormousing

Sr abused Jr. It’s pretty well known. His college years were pretty messed up. Came back to the fold eventually, but, yeah, they were not on the best of terms for a long time…

Nequam
Nequam

@Alan: One thing that strikes me about the suffragette cartoon you posted is that she looks so darn genteel about it…

The Adjunct
The Adjunct

Yeah, the last thing anyone with a chronic illness wants to hear is someone else’s unified theory of What Will Make It All Better.

I’ve suffered from chronic migraines my whole life. I’ve seen every doctor, tried every treatment. I’m pretty sick of getting treatment suggestions from people, especially since the suggestions usually tend to be along the woo-woo pseudoscience “stop-taking-pharmaceuticals” bullshit.

I promise you, the person with a chronic illness has already tried everything. You’re not helping. You’re being annoying. Are you David’s doctor? No? Then stop it.

Edit: ninja’d by David. I’m so sorry you’re going through all this. Chronic migraines really suck. 🙁 I hope you find a solution…

eli
eli

Best wishes, David.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

David, I’m so sorry to hear that you have health problems that stick around. Sending you my best wishes for your recovery.

THE_SAMURAI
THE_SAMURAI

@David

I hope you feel better soon.

Z&T
Z&T

Best wishes on the health too, David 🙂

Been absent here because I have been taking care of my sick friend – she got bit up by – something, and infected with – something. The consensus is split between brown recluse spider and deer fly infected with Tularemia.

She was really sick. And refused to seek med attention out of fear of docs and – “I was in the Girl Scouts.” OK

Well I was in scouts too, but – not all bug bites (esp. poisonous or disease carrying ones) can be handled on your own.

I understand though, been ill enough myself too.

It’s hard to sort it all out. No advice for me on the health, everyone is different.

There is one thing I want to mention – Mold.

I am sure everyone with issues has already thought of this. But, maybe not. I have bad allergies, is all I know about it. But, I am sure I’ve seen it mentioned in regards to migraines (as well as other health issues) too. Doesn’t have to be in your home either; It’s in the air.

We’re in Chi here too. And it got hot again. The molds are moldering.

Just a thought. From allergic us, on the W side.
Can exacerbate other issues too.

Feel better soon 🙂

MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)
MissEB47 (Resident Rainbow Lorikeet and Beak Typist)

Thanks David! Now I will be having nightmares for a week! 😄 Well, not really. They are really creepy, though. Well done on those filters!

PS

I hope you are feeling better soon!

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

All my sympathies, David, and my gratitude to you for making this space exist and happen. I hope the cats are exerting themselves to be a good influence :-s

Dvärghundspossen
Dvärghundspossen

That seems super shitty, David. Sorry to hear that.

bluecat
bluecat

Sorry to hear getting proper help is proving so difficult, David. All the very best to you, and thank you for what you do here.

@ Weatherwax – indeed – your nym proves it.

GNU Terry Pratchett is pretty much a description of my reading at times of stress. Pick em up and start again.

Sheila Crosby

@D I also have some hope that Pence is going down too. Not a huge amount because the GOP will want to keep him, but some. Certainly he seems up to his neck in obstruction of justice.

Myriad
Myriad

@David

I’m sorry about what you’re going through. I realize how frustrating that must be for you.

Having never suffered from chronic migraines myself, I got nothing, but I’m sending good thoughts and my sincerest sympathies your way.

Don’t apologize for ranting. You have every right to feel frustrated. When you go to specialists, it is reasonable to at least expect some answers and maybe some resolution to the problem. When someone assumes you haven’t done everything in your power to remedy the situation either, that can get on anyone’s last nerve.

Take care.

@Scildfreja Unnyðnes

wwth, shhhh! You’ll start up the Cassie Jaye thread again!

That made me giggle. I guess we could call it the Thread That Shall Not Be Named. 😏

Ledasmom
Ledasmom

David, I’m so sorry you’re having health issues. It all sounds ghastly and I hope somebody figures out how to make things work better for you.
My husband has a host of chronic issues, some of which make it difficult to do anything about the others. Sleep problems, depression, gout and regular arthritis, and a heart attack a couple years back, and nothing works quite right for any of the first four. Just wears him down, the lot of it.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Oh, my God. They ARRESTED that poor old woman after they knocked her over!

I am so fucking nauseated at my country right now.

Jeyne Doe
Jeyne Doe

*Shudder* Why did I read it?

Dimmy
Dimmy

It’s weird. Whatever’s been going on in St. Louis, it’s been going on now for…two days, right? But there’s barely a scrap about it on the evening news: nothing yesterday that I can recall, and today a little over a minute, and it was all this garbled narrative of “protesters scared Bono by attacking a mall and now U2 has canceled a concert”. Pity’s sake, they spent more time talking about the Juggalo march in DC! (Though not much more time.) I’m dead certain that if I didn’t visit WHTM on a pretty regular basis, I wouldn’t have heard about this synagogue business at all.

Also: I feel like poop for asking, and I’m sure I could just Google it, but — are we sure there’s actually a major police supply store called “Major Police Supply”? Because it sounds like exactly the kind of poorly-conceived, poorly-executed fakenews churned out by the Kekistani Brain Trust. It’s like…it’s like that scene from Spaceballs about the luggage password, but dumber.

PaganReader - Misandrist Spinster

Belated kittens to make up for the horribleness in the link
comment image
comment image

@Dimmy
I just checked, it is apparently a real company.

eli
eli

Hmmm

The UU church across the street from the synagogue in that article was also offering sanctuary last night.

Yet….

@ Dimmy

The verdict came down on Fri. and lots of stuff shut down in advance in anticipation of riots. Schools, businesses. Things are really ugly here.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

@PaganReader – Misandrist Spinster
Fuck now we got (even more) antisemitism being publicly displayed.
@Dimmy
See for yourself.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective; Keeper of a Hell Toupee, and all-around Intergalactic Meanie

Semi-OT:

So. Evidently a group calling itself The Traditionalist Worker Party held a practice march in downtown Columbus, IN last Saturday. The local paper has a write up of what happened:

According to that article, those guys decided to practice marching in formation down the sidewalk while waiting for their meeting to start.

As someone who lives in this general area, perhaps the scariest part of that article is the idea that these guys are planning a to hold a rally similar to Charlottesville ‘somewhere in the area’.

Evidently this rally is still in the planning stages, so an official site hasn’t yet been announced. However, Columbus is a likely location for it, for the symbolic value if nothing else. This is Mike Pence’s hometown, for rural Indiana it’s fairly progressive (nowhere near perfect, of course, but it’s trying), and a critically acclaimed movie (Kogonada’s Columbus*) was shot there last year. What better place for a Nazi rally than there?

Which leaves me personally totally unsure what to do about the might-never-be rally. IF they come and IF I attend, and IF things go south, I’m screwed. I’m waaaay out of shape, and can’t fight at all. (Give me a camera, though, and I can’t play journalist with it.). On the other hand, I don’t want to do nothing, either. So….

Maybe the good Lord will hear some prayers, and all this worry will be for nothing, and no-place in rural Indiana will have to host this thing. I can always hope, right?

*A review of the movie, for the curious: https://www.google.com/amp/www.rogerebert.com/reviews/amp/columbus-2017

Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation
Surplus to Requirements, Observer of the Vast Blight-Wing Enstupidation

Meanwhile, the object of their worship continues to wallow in the swamp:

On the other hand, he might be feeling pressured to make as many deals as he can in the time he has left, because Mueller is closing in:

Policy of Madness
Policy of Madness

Odds are good that it will be in Lexington KY. The Traditionalist Worker’s Party is one of the groups protesting the removal of two Confederate statues from the grounds of the Lexington from civic grounds to a cemetery. They’ve already promised to do a rally there but have not named a date or location to the best of my knowledge. The leader of the group is the guy who assaulted a University of Louisville student protesting a Trump rally in Louisville during the campaign. You know, the one that Trump said he would pay for the guy’s legal defense if he violently removed some protesters.

Moggie
Moggie

Twitter thread on Milo’s latest scam:

KindaSortaHarmless
KindaSortaHarmless

@Moggie

As a Cal alumnus, that kind of bullshit is completely in character for the Berkeley College Republicans.

amy
amy

You deserve a break. Especially if you’re not feeling well. I know the feeling of getting advice when you’ve already tried a lot of different things. Sometimes it’s hard for me not to feel exhausted getting advice even though I know people mean well… but it’s funny because it’s also hard not to give advice as a way to show care or something when you know someone’s having trouble with something.
I am just recovering from a few days of insomnia. I drove from Whitehorse to Vancouver Island and the plan was to get a place with this guy I’ve been on and off with for 3 years. When I got to the bachelor suite he’s renting from his grandma I just got this funny feeling not to. I said I wanted to get my own place but asked if it was alright if I stayed there until I found one. He said I could, but then he was being really cold and aggressive about small things like I closed the door wrong. I started getting anxiety and couldn’t sleep at all. The more anxiety I got, the worse he seemed to behave towards me, which caused more anxiety. I made sure I was gone every day, all day to give him space and only come back there to sleep, but then he got mad because he had to step over me in the morning on the way to get his coffee because I was sleeping on his floor.
I ended up trying to sleep at a women’s homeless shelter, but I couldn’t do it because everyone else was high out of their skulls and I felt emotionally unsafe. So I moved into my car and am sleeping at campgrounds, finally sleeping again, but now I’m so sick. My throat hurts really bad. I woke up feeling really terrible and angry at the world and having that problem where I feel like a piece of shit for being a woman. Language and casual put-downs have been bothering me.

amy
amy

I didn’t say that to make this all about me. Sorry if it seems like that. I guess I just can relate to not feeling productive when you have shit going on.

Lea
Lea

Wow David, that sounds rough. I hope you’re able to find help for your conditions soon. Take all the time you need. None of us want to see you push yourself too hard. Take the best care of you you can.

rugbyyogi
rugbyyogi

@david – sorry you’re having so many health issues – chronic or chronic intermittent pain really sucks and is so draining.

My tongue in cheek comment was that in making images like these – no wonder you have headaches….but that’s not helpful.

Also my migraine issue improved substantially on getting pregnant and has never gone back to the bad old days, I suspect that’s not helpful either.

So I don’t have any helpful advice, but I hope that things get better soon.

My OT health update – I’ve quit smoking. Weird side effect seems to be a yeast infection (thrush). Annoying.

D
D

In other news, the Republican Party is plotting to kill the American people again. I’m pretty sure somebody has brought up the Senate’s new attempt at healthcare repeal in the comments section before, but here’s a summary of what it would do, from the guy who ran the ACA during the Obama administration:

“JUST OUT: Here’s a summary of the Graham-Cassidy repeal. Yes, it’s that bad.”

From what I can tell, it’s even worse than the last attempt.

So far, it seems to have 49 votes. The Republicans have only fourteen days to pass the thing before reconciliation expires, and then they go back to needing 60 votes to break a filibuster. The Republicans opposing the bill seem to be Rand Paul, Lisa Murkowski, and Susan Collins, but Paul is not reliable. McCain is waffling and acting ambivalent, but he sounds more inclined to support this bill than the last one just because Lindsey Graham, who cowrote this bill, is his pal.

Worse, this attempt isn’t getting as much public attention as the last one, because people assumed it was all over and don’t expect things to go any differently this time.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

The only unsolicited health advice I ever give, according to my husband, is to drink more water and get more sleep. It may not solve the problem, but at least you’ll be rested and hydrated.

opposablethumbs
opposablethumbs

amy, I’m also sorry about that shit going down with you. Best wishes to all Mammotheers who may be having bad times.

Leo
Leo

Sympathies on the migraines. I’m prone to them, it’s a fibro thing with me it seems.

@Fishy Goat
Argh on Poxiversity, and the huge sums of money people are giving him. If ever proof were needed life is made intentionally unfair by wealthy white dudes…

The comments are full of their earnest declarations that people just need to be educated on white history. What I never get over with them, is that it just fails to compute that:
1. We know, already.
2. Which means we’re well aware of the flaws and hideous atrocities.
3. People living in those societies often criticised them at the time. Even if they didn’t go very far, it’s often there.

Even the Christian stuff they’re banging on about, they cannot possibly think institutionalised abuse isn’t part of it and that that wasn’t pointed out before. Their ideal is so obviously nothing more than a racist fantasy it’s baffling they think they’ll convince anyone. Anyone who wants to -which is no one- can take my English literature from my cold dead hands, but this aspect of my culture is interesting in part because it’s a record of a time with all the issues for us to see and understand today, sometimes in a new light. Not because the society depicted is an ideal, and the writers usually didn’t think it was. Often enough you can see they’re fighting the same kinds of battles as we are today. Having an appreciation of your culture is not exactly incompatible with seeing the glaring problems with it. Or with seeing that other cultures have shiny cool stuff, too.

History isn’t my strong point but it’s usually not hard to be better at it than the Alt-Right, even if all you did was skim Wikipedia. I’m lost as to why they even bother going for that angle when it’s such an easy win for their opponents. I never see any real love for their culture from them, either, it’s just about control and harming minorities to them.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@Amy

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve been having a hard time.

When I have a sore throat, I gargle with warm salt water (just add a little salt to water) or warm green tea. (I was pretty surprised to find out about this attribute of green tea.)

Of course you’re feeling emotionally bad — you’ve been under attack by someone you’ve placed at least some trust in. (Been there, done that. Yuck.)

Sending you my best wishes.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

@rugbyyogi

Woo-hoo! Quitting that habit is hard work.

May your thrush exit the stage quickly.