entitled babies irony alert racism trump twitter

For Donald Trump, 9/11 is a perfect day to celebrate Donald Trump: Today in Tweets

By David Futrelle

Today should have been a day to reflect on the horror that was 9/11, and the horror that it unleashed upon the world. It should have been a day to remember the heroism of firefighters and the bravery of those who risked their health and their lives to search for survivors.

For our illegitimate president, it was a day to celebrate … himself.

What a fucking disgrace.

But typical for Trump. Here he was on the day the towers fell:

Here he was in 2013:

Here he is on the campaign trail, lying about helping the rescuers at Ground Zero.

This mixture of narcissism and dishonesty taints everything he’s done and will do as president, and it’s just one of the reasons that Charles Johnson of Little Green Footballs (not to be confused with the terrible Chuck Johnson of GotNews) posted this today:

Johnson has been taking a lot of shit, mostly from terrible people, for this tweet but he’s absolutely right.

In other news:

If you need your faith in the world restored a little after all this, here are some cute animals.

Bobbie La Bomb
Bobbie La Bomb

In other words, 9/11 is just like every other day to #45.

Gijoel
Gijoel

I hope Miss Texas runs for office one day.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Trump — like many politicians before him and currently — is using these 9/11 commemorations to try to keep us in fear. After all, if we’re not afraid, we won’t need Big Orange Daddy.

Let’s honor those who responded, not the grifters and the liars.

kupo
kupo

Omg, those cats. I needed those cats.

Didn’t 45 lie about the size of his building on or around 9/11, too? I seem to remember that coming up during the election.

Fujimoto
Fujimoto

I’m very glad that I don’t follow YouTube video game personalities. So many of them seem to come out as utter shitbags. There’s a Tumblr blog dedicated to reporting shitty behavior from these guys called Let’s Play Social Justice.

Paradoxical Intention - Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels

Thanks for setting gaming back in the eyes of non-gamers ONCE AGAIN Felix. Well done. You’ve shown them all that we’re fucking immature racists who will rush to defend one another for being assholes because “heated moment!” or “It was just a joke!”.

You fucking shitbird.

I’ve never fucking uttered that word in my life, and it would have never occurred to me to do so even if I was angry. There’s a billion strings of swear words I could have used in place of that that wouldn’t have made me look like a racist shithead.

But of course people are jumping to defend him. Because apparently, that’s our fucking standard now. We circle the wagons when someone says something utterly fucking indefensible because that’s just what we’re supposed to do.

It’s getting back to the point where I’m ashamed to tell people I like video games, because he’s the fucking standard they’re going to compare me to. They’re going to look at me and think to themselves about what Felix and other high-profile pieces of shit “gamers” have done, and I have to work extra hard to be the exception to the rule, because being a good person isn’t the fucking standard.

Games archival suffered because of GamerGate and their shitshow, and now we have to fight to have games taken seriously as an artform yet again because of this string of asshole “gamer” YouTubers who decide that they can be as racist as they want because hey, there’s no real fucking consequences for it because YouTube won’t do shit because Felix is their fucking poster boy.

Fuck Felix and fuck YouTube at this point.

But, Felix won’t care. He won’t even see this. He’ll just go home and cry about how mean we all are for not accepting his half-assed non apology for his repeated bullshittery and how mean people are to him for not wanting to be associated with his gross ass anymore.

And I shudder to think about what will happen to his so-called “friends” who defended him after the “Kill all Jews” incident. The only person who was slightly critical of him was Jacksepticeye, and he got torn into by Felix’s rabid fanbase, since Felix helped him build his platform.

I also unfollowed quite a few of my former favorite LPers after they refused to say anything too.

dslucia
dslucia

@PI:

Yeah, I’ve pretty much cut out JonTron entirely now ’cause wow, I don’t care how funny you might be, there are other things and other people that are far more worth my time.

It really makes me sad that casual racism and sexism are still completely acceptable to such a huge portion of the gaming community. Even when I was younger, stupider, and a lot more prone to impotent rage, throwing around slurs was a line I would never cross.

Ooglyboggles
Ooglyboggles

How many ads must advertisers pull before Google does its job? It’d be interesting to see exactly how many ads must be pulled before Google considers Felix a liability.

@Paradoxical Intention – Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels
And his audience are mainly impressionable young people. He’s normalizing bigotry to millions of impressionable kids, and Google is okay with that.

eli
eli

Those cats need an(?) ouija board (dunno why the an sounds wrong)

Is Trump an? or a? yes or no?

We had some kind of patriots march here locally that sent my skin crawling.

and I knew a guy. On 9/11 he was living in Trump tower (quite by circumstance and accident). He told me from where he stood, it was quite like nothing had happened at all. Like he knew all this terror was occurring, yet it could have been happening in another place entirely as far as he could see, based on his view from the building. And he said it was weird and eerie.

DannyBoy
DannyBoy

I was never really a fan of Felix before, but after this… Between this and Gamergate, I’m starting to feel ashamed to call myself a game fan.

Also, I hope that puppy has a good life.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

there are better felixes

Ami
Ami

If you want some good game analysis, H. Bomberguy is the way to go. I remember Cryaotic not being that problematic, if you’re looking for another let’s player. I’d add myself to that list, but I’m not too confident in my current videos and don’t want to advertise myself until I’m more confident in my content.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Did Miss Texas win? Or did she get scored poorly for not giving a bland generic answer?

Gijoel
Gijoel

@weirwood Cue 140 character tirade from Il Douche about the bias in beauty pageants and fake news

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

WWTH, Miss North Dakota, Cara Mund, won.

Fabe
Fabe

H Bomberguy is also good at taking down all those self claimed ‘rational Skeptics’ you tubers as well

Hypatia's Daughter
Hypatia's Daughter

David, as much as I appreciate your “fluffy brain bleach” segments , I think that Wild Geerters & Paul F Tompkins did a lot to restore my faith in the world.

Paradoxical Intention – Leader of the Deathclaw Damsels
You have won all the internets for the day with that inspiring rant!

WTF. People, in all movements, if you stop enabling fucking shitbirds by making excuses for them and, instead, call them out, some of them might see the light, apologize and clean up their acts.
(Sure, some people aren’t redeemable, but some just need to have it pointed out how badly they are acting.)

JS
JS

eli, it’s because ouija is hard to pronounce without adding a “w” sound at the beginning, which would normally call for “a”. I think it’s like how it’s an “L”, but a “P”.

Linguistics is one of my hobbies. (and that sounds wrong because usually words ending in S are plural :-P)

Tovius
Tovius

My cat was named Felix. He was a thousand times better than this asshole.

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

@David Futrelle

Okay, both of these ladies are on my happy list.

Megpie71

My take on the whole PDP racist slur thing:

1) I’m a gamer. I have, on occasion, had reason to swear at my screen in the process of playing a game.
2) I’m an Australian. Which means when it comes to swearing, I’m nationally predisposed to turn the air blue.
3) So far, the most likely thing I’m likely to say to my screen when things aren’t going my way is “may all your chooks turn into emus and kick down your dunny door“, because as far as I’m concerned, it’s more fun to issue elaborate curses to the various algorithms driving the games.
4) When I really get going, I’ll tend to use it all. Scatology, blasphemy, sexual references, double-barrelled insults, and references to the marital status, dubious hobbies and non-human species of the parents of the character in question. Won’t tend to use racial or disabilty-based slurs of any kind, though.

You useless, cross-grained, double-damned, bastard son of a drunken syphilitic weasel and a paedophile sewer rat” is a good example. The fun is in seeing how long I can keep the string going before the snarl runs out. But usually it’s just the good old chooks, emus, dunny door. That one never gets old.

Thus, my opinion, as a gamer and a foul-mouthed Aussie, is anyone who sticks with something as stupid and tame as a single racial slur really isn’t trying.

Nothing is Permanent But Woe
Nothing is Permanent But Woe

I was clearing out some out-of-date library books to a charity shop yesterday, and found a dictionary from the 1930s. I was flicking through and found the following definition, which I thought was apt:

TRUMP: to impose upon, to deceive; TRUMPERY n. something serving to deceive by false show; worthless but showy, matter; rubbish; trifles; empty talk; a., worthless in character; paltry.

I think the tweets above show that definition is accurate.

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

Beauty pageants may be some fucked-up patriarchal bullshit, but I’m pleased that they’re escalating such awesome people to the limelight.

A. Noyd
A. Noyd

eli says:

Those cats need an(?) ouija board (dunno why the an sounds wrong)

Because whether we use “a” or “an” depends on the initial sound, not the spelling. That’s why we write “an hour” not “a hour.” And, like JS pointed out, because it’s hard for English speakers to say “oui” with an initial vowel, we tend to tack a “w” sound on at the start.

By the way, the term “ouija” was made up by combining the words for “yes” in French (oui) and German (ja). So it should really be said something more like “uee-yah.”

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

I’m a bit surprised the toddler-in-chief hasn’t weighed in on the statements made by the contestants in the miss america show….

I’m bettin’ LONG ODDS he was watching it….

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Luke Howard (the piano stalker, not the guy who invented clouds) has abandoned his quest to win back his Rapunzel after being punched in the head.

(Film at 11)

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

Paradox basically said it all for me as far as how I feel as a gamer.

@Megpie71

Won’t tend to use racial or disabilty-based slurs of any kind, though.

Good to hear. You bring up a fascinating point about the art of swearing though. There’s a series here in Canada that I was a huge fan of (still a fan, but not to the same extent since the old showrunner left) called Trailer Park Boys about a trio of neer-do-wells who live in the fictional Sunnyvale Trailer Park near Halifax, Nova Scotia. One of the Boys, Ricky (played by Robb Wells) was described by creator Mike Clattenburg as a “swearist” for his ability to come up with creative use of the F-word, like “take a trip to fuckoffityland” or “Don’t you have some offs to fuck there boys?”

His nemesis has a similar ability using the word “shit”. Jim Lahey’s shitnalogies are legendary: “the winds of shit are changing”, “the shithawks are circling overhead”, “shitstorm troopers”, “double-barreled shit machine guns” etc.

But through all of it, Trailer Park Boys never touched racial or gender-based insults, nor those based sexual orientation (at least to my recollection in the 8 seasons I watched). They didn’t shy away from mocking appearances though, which actually got pretty funny, but the joke was that everybody was a weirdo in Sunnyvale, at least to some extent.

And if Ricky can come up with creative uses for the F-word, PDP has no excuse for reaching for the N-word (he has no excuse regardless, but from a pure swearist context, he has none either).

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

there are better felixes

Damn skippy!
comment image

(That’s Felix Potvin, for this who… yeah… Go Leafs!)

pk1154
pk1154

@Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement said:

there are better felixes

re: Felixes

gk was staring at my MRI order: “Um, ‘F U’ stands for “followup, right?”

me: “yup”

after a long beat

gk (channelling Walter Matthau): “Took me three hours to figure out F.U. was Felix Ungar!”

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

@Megpie – Agreed that racists are incredibly uncreative with swearing. It’s all the same boring carbon-copy stuff, straight from the limbic system.

If you’re going to avoid racial and disabled slurs, can I request that you also remove “bastard” from your lexicon? (Speaking as an unmarried mom.) Parents’ marital status is not a cause of shitweaselry.

Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell
Makroth - cowboy Jacobin from Hell
weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

OT but not really because Twitter related, James Woods is having another meltdown after getting upset at a movie about a relationship between a 24 year old man and 17 year old boy. Amber Tamblyn piped in to tell the story of the time he tried to pick her up when she was only 16

Dan Hoan

Adding to the many examples here, that while I am not a ‘hardcore gamer,” I indulge every once and awhile and I have never once discovered a need to scream racist epithets at my Animal Crossing or Pokemon game.

There are times when I was called out with using the word “retarded” and “gay” synonymously with the word “bad” back when I was in grade school and very early high school, but was quickly called on how hurtful they are and made a concentrated effort to unlearn this behavior – guess what – I never use them when yelling that my Assassin’s Creed character won’t make the fucking jump I want him to.

Those aren’t things you scream in the heat of the moment, unless you are saying them regularly. Particularly since this youtuber has been called on this action before. They know, they just don’t care.

+1 million Paradoxical for saying this a lot more eloquently.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

Felix is 27. I was a goddamn gamer long before he was even born. And while I normally hate the “I was (blank) before you were even born” I want to make it clear that this little chucklefuck doesn’t get to own gaming.

God I’m so very sick and tired of this “I’m gunna trigger you because I’m 2TWO!!!!edgyforushitlord!” mindset.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

Speaking of the dumpster-fire-in-chief, the senate voted unanimously to accept a resolution condemning white supremacist groups… the over/under on how many senators had their fingers crossed when they voted for it….??

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Gussie Jives

Ricky is a legendary character. An old friend of mine was so obsesses with that show, when he travelled to Canada for work he went out of his way to visit Dartmouth/Halifax just to be near the location where most of the show was shot. Can’t believe it’s already been more than a decade since the original series finale.

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

Any watchers of America’s Got Talent here? I know, it’s the ultimate garbage TV show, but it’s good for background noise when trying to study.

Anyway, this year they have a contestant who truly embodies the concept of Nice Guy TM. One of his songs, “What Is Love”, made me cringe from beginning to end. These were the lyrics (copied from an online source):

I see her in a smokey room
Got her hair tied back in a ponytail
Ask her how she got there
She knows but’ll never tell

Got a bottle of tequila by your side
Got a trickle of a tear by your eye
And you think that it’s OK, yeah
You think that it’s alright
You think he’s the right guy
Said he’s gonna treat you right
But you don’t know what love is
You keep asking

What is love?
What is love, love, love…
What is love?
What is love, love, love, love, love?

I offer up my open hand
She grabs on and I pull her up
I take her home to my place
Let her have the bed ’cause she need the space

Oh, and I know she was gonna get abused
Yeah, I know that she was gonna get used
That’s why I went to save her
To show her how he should love her
He just wanted to get with her
One night stand then through with her
And she thinks that’s what love is
Ain’t nobody tell her

What is love?
What is love, love, love?
What is love?
What is love, love, love?

You come to me and ask me why
You tend to fall for all the wrong guys
But what you do not understand baby
Is that I’ve been here all this time
You come to me and ask me why
You tend to fall for all the wrong guys
But what you do not understand baby
Is that I’ve been here all of this time

What is love?
What is love, love, love?
What is love?

What is love?
What is love, love, love?
What is love?
What is love?

Dear lord. 🙁

Imaginary Petal
Imaginary Petal

@Gussie again

I hadn’t heard the name Felix Potvin in many years, but reading it now made me instantly remember this old Parkhurst collectors card.

comment image

Nostalgia level: 10/10

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

Speaking of better Felixes:

comment image

comment image

comment image

Felix Dawkins from Orphan Black.

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

comment image

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Felix the Cat is the bestus.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Ugh, that song is so bad, IP.

Of course, the best “What Is Love?” is the Haddaway version. *Tilts head to the right and bobs it.*

Skiriki
Skiriki

I’m just gonna chime in real quick…

Is it wrong for me to still be vaguely upset about LGF’s history in 2000s? I mean, yes, I know they did a complete turn-around, but every time I see LGF mentioned, a cold shiver runs up my spine, because their forum used to be like Daily Stormer Lite or so post-9/11 and its users slithered into other internet forums like putrid channers and redditors do today.

I know that the owner has moved on and apparently tries to fix what he fucked up back then, but every time I see a RT or link to them, my brain just flips back to those bad days when “Iraq was behind 9/11” and shit like that.

Gussie Jives
Gussie Jives

@IP

A part of me kinda wishes I had made a point of visiting that place when I was in Nova Scotia this summer. Oh well, I’ll be back.

But yes, Ricky is legend. His Rickyisms alone are howlingly funny and his ability to somehow baffle bemused authority figures is nothing short of astonishing.

Probably one of my favourite scenes is where they force Rita MacNeil’s band to harvest their weed at gunpoint:

“Here’s a nice one here, dear.” Hehe, you can tell they had a blast filming that.

mrex
mrex

@IP Yeah my girls watch it religiously. Although I honestly enjoy it when I catch it as well.

Guyo’s name is Chase Goehring. Honestly that song you posted the lyrics to isn’t even his worst song- the one he auditioned with tackles abuse in the most privileged, splainy way possible.

I actually have mixed feelings about him. On one hand I think he’s young, and he’s obviously trying, and he has plenty of time to grow out of any privilege. He’s also talented, and honestly it’s actually refreshing to listen to hapless privilege rather than hostile sexism for a change. On the other hand, his lyrics raise my hackles, and his face always seems to have this smug smirk on it, so fuck him. (Isn’t there some German phrase for someone having a punchable face?)

So yah, mixed feelings.