"ethics" /pol/ alt-lite alt-right andrew anglin anime nazis anti-Semitism daily stormer entitled babies gab grandiosity homophobia hypocrisy infighting irony alert literal nazis lying liars memes men who should not ever be with women ever misogyny playing the victim vox day

Vox Day thinks lying is great “persuasion.” Unless people are lying about him.

Vox cries moar

By David Futrelle

The last time we checked in on the execrable racist fantasy author Theodore “Vox Day” Beale, he was urging his followers to smear leftists by posting fake memes, ostensibly from AntiFa activists, advocating domestic violence against women and children. This kind of dishonesty, he proclaimed, was a particularly “effective” form of “persuasion” that only “spergs” could possibly oppose.

But it turns out that Mr. Day doesn’t admire lying quite so much when people are lying about him.

In recent days, Vox has launched an all-out war on Gab, the “free speech” Twitter alternative that’s become something of a haven for shitlords and Nazis. Vox is angry, you see, that Gab’s admins won’t take down a handful of comments smearing him as a pedophile, apparently posted by several Daily Stormer fans who don’t think Vox is enough of a Nazi to hang with the alt-right.

Gab’s refusal to delete these comments, Vox declared in a post a couple of days ago, makes the site “knowingly complicit in publishing these false, malicious, and defamatory statements.” And so he threatened to unleash his “flying monkey” squad to dox the offending Gab commenters and to task his “Legal Legion of Evil” (no, that’s really what he calls them) with, well, whatever Legal Legions of Evil do.

“[T]he Legal Legion and I,” Vox announced in a followup post,

will be pursuing this matter until the defamation is removed and the @dantheman10, @GTKRWN, and @Fabian_Nazism are forced to answer for their defamatory actions.

In yet another post yesterday, Vox assures his readers that “I am not seeking to harm Gab” before going on to declare that, since “Gab has elected to act as an obstacle to [my] objectives … that obstacle will be removed.”

Vox, as you may have gathered by now, loves to monologue like a cartoon villain.

He’s also been enthusiastically accusing the “Daily Stormpoopers,” as he calls them, of an assortment of things that he is also guilty of. The “stormpoopers,” he rails,

cannot be trusted, ever, since deceit is literally the core of their instruction manual. Lying, exaggerating their influence, and shitting on the carpet of every online abode that welcomes them is the full extent of their accomplishments.

Projection ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Naturally, Vox’s many enemies on Gab have responded with some highly sophisticated arguments of their own. Like calling him “Vox Gay.”

Nixon · @NixonSlartlak 2 days After a long talk with my good pal, @voxday about how he's completely addicted to n---er and jewish semen... I've convinced him to change his name to Vox Gay.

卐 Hitler Did Nothing Wrong 卐 GAS the (((👃🏻))) · @gerbils 13 hours I never even heard of VOX GAY until all of this drama, he's the laughingstock of Gab.

And of course others have been doubling down on the pedophile accusations.

Tom · @h4rdm0us 13 hours Vox Day's wife is a c-nt, his mother is a whore, and he's a pedophile. Oh no don't sue!

GorillionJazz · @GorillionJazz 🏛 Politics · 44 minutes Vox Gay doesnt care about those things, just shekels and hide the fact that he is a child rapist

Rufus RIchards · @RufusRichards 16 hours Vox Day might not be a pedophile but his wife has the body of a 17 year old boy CREEPY

And then of course there are the memes, like this one, comparing Vox with the Daily Stormer’s Andrew Anglin.

Click for larger version

And this one, with Vox in a sort of time-out:

I’m sure it gets worse than this, but I really don’t want to spend any more time poking around on Gab to find out.

Today, Vox Day and Andrew Anglin took their ongoing slap fight to YouTube, ostensibly debating the merits of National Socialism for an hour on something called Reality Calls. I’m sure it was quite, er, informative, but I’m not going to watch it to find out.

This is one of those fights in which you hope all sides lose, big league.

Eyes on the Right

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

So the little asshole doesn’t like it when *he’s* the target of harassment and lies?

This is my shocked face. 😒

Tough shit, bozo. How’s that “effective rhetoric” working out for you, ❄?

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

So Pox is angry that a site explicitly dedicated to not cracking down on frozen peaches, a site he and his buddies support explicitly because it won’t crack down on frozen peaches, won’t crack down on frozen peaches.

Fabe
Fabe

I’ve always believed that if these guy ever got their way and exterminated and/or enslaved everyone they deemed inferior the first thing they would would be to turn on each other. Stuff like this pretty much proves it.

TheKND
TheKND

How can you spend an hour discussing “the merits of national socialism”? All a sane person can get out of it is “it makes for good movie villains”.

Space Oddity
Space Oddity

They’ve also been insulting his wife, which has caused Beale to go on about what misogynistic assholes they are.

Really. The joke is I’m not joking.

EJ (the Scheming Liberal Race-Traitor)

Gab is a terrible idea through and through. Hopefully, the sooner the people behind it learn their lesson, the happier they’ll be.

Anna in PDX
Anna in PDX

As usual whenever I see the alt right nazis fighting amongst themselves this comes to mind.

The big orc, spear in hand, leapt after him. But the tracker … put an arrow in his eye as he ran up…. The other ran off across the valley and disappeared.

For a while the hobbits sat in silence. At length Sam stirred. ‘Well I call that neat as neat,’ he said. ‘If this nice friendliness would spread about in Mordor, half our trouble would be over.’

‘Quietly, Sam,’ Frodo whispered. … ‘We have evidently had a very narrow escape, and the hunt was hotter on our tracks than we guessed. But that is the spirit of Mordor, Sam; and it has spread to every corner of it. Orcs have always behaved like that, or so all the tales say, when they are on their own. But you can’t get much hope out of it. They hate us far more, altogether and all the time. If those two had seen us, they would have dropped all their quarrel until we were dead.’

The Return of the King, LoTR Book 6, Ch 3, Mount Doom

epitome of incomprehensibility

The person who drew the Vox vs. Anglin meme doesn’t know how a lot of things work, including:

-phenotypes
-the numerical value “hundreds”
-autism
-ethics
-arms (at least how to draw them)

Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden
Sinkable John : Pansy Ass Pinko, Regicidal Beast-of-Burden

@epitome

-arms (at least how to draw them)

Also butts. Though that’s probably for the best.

Robert Walker-Smith
Robert Walker-Smith

Great, now I’m hungry for peach sorbet.

Anna in PDX, very good comparison. It wouldn’t take much for Pox and Anglin to make common cause. Anything that drives them apart, though, is good news for the rest of us.

I wonder if Pox has blamed John Scalzi yet? That seems to be one of his go-tos when his majestic dudeliness is impugned.

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

@Fabe : I don’t think they would wait for, well, anything, to turn against each other.

The various racists and authoritarians have a long tradition of self-destructive internal fights. For some reason, I think it’s related to being based on hatred and envy.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Good. Let these packs of assholes destroy each other.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

Chad Anglin looks like a Stretch Armstrong doll where some bored kid twisted every limb the wrong way.

(He also looks urgently in need of a fresh diaper.)

Tovius
Tovius

@weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee
I’d almost forgotten just how perfect that Sarkeesian popcorn gif is.

kupo
kupo

@Space Oddity

comment image

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

comment image

@KND

a sane person

Comments policy, thanks…

Moggie
Moggie

Anglin is a Chad now? I thought he was tiny and unprepossessing?

abars01
abars01

Wow. What an organized, cohesive, charismatic force the alt-right is. They sure are on the verge of taking over the entire Western World and repealing the past 300 years of social change, aren’t they.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective; Keeper of a Hell Toupee, and all-around Intergalactic Meanie

Fabian_Nazism?!?!

Why do I get the feeling that’s supposed to be a slam on comicbook writer Fabian Nicieza? You know, the same way these guys will use celebrity icons and names regardless of whether said celebrity would actually endorse their views or not.

I’ve seen some of these accounts use Muhammad Ali and Bing Crosby as avatars / handles, amongst others. And while I don’t know what Crosby’s views were on such matters, I feel safe in saying Ali didn’t share the alt-right’s views on anything. And I strongly suspect neither guy would be happy with their respective likenesses being used by like that without their permission.

IgnoreSandra

So…

“I don’t want anyone to stop people from talking!”

“Oh my god they’re saying mean things about me! Shut them up!”

It’s almost like what he really wants is some imaginary site with a name like Drivel that will moderate all posts except Pox’s. Ugh. Men and their entitlement.

Also, white nationalists and their crying. I would think it funny that white supremacists spend most of their days whining if they weren’t threats to every human being in existence.

On a side note, I just got around to watching Heathers, and is Jason Dean not the perfect example of a straight white man? He has a god complex, entitlement crap, lashes out at everyone for no reason, professes to love people he clearly doesn’t love cause of how badly he treats them, he’s controlling and rapey as hell, and ugh.

Like, I went into that movie expecting a high school comedy where our heroine deals with the popular girls being assholes and maybe has a big musical number at the end where she rejects the populars’ attempt to drag her away from her real friends, but instead…just wow. I woulda had fun with my movie, but I love the movie as it is. And there’s just so much snark, it is glorious.

I see so much of myself in Heather McNamara, especially since I tracked down the musical and watched it.

kupo
kupo

@Sandra
Yeah, the Jason Dean character was a complete asshole. I didn’t realize it back in the 90s, but after rewatching, holy crap.

Also, re: popcorn gif:
comment image

Fujimoto
Fujimoto

@IgnoreSandra

Heh; Heathers sure is popular all of a sudden. I got into it a few months ago. J. D. is more terrifyingly relevant with each passing year.

On the downside, there’s a Heathers TV program coming out that sounds utterly atrocious and wrong-headed.

IgnoreSandra

@Kupo

Honestly, watching Jason Dean be a dick reminded me of a lot of terrible ways men have treated me or my friends, and from the moment he pulled out a gun to fire blanks at the jocks, I knew he would try to kill Veronica even if he professed to love her.

Honestly, basically all of the men Veronica interacts with are dicks.

I first saw it on Wednesday. I had a flat tire and needed to stay over at a friend’s, and they were kind enough to let me use their netflix.

@IgnoreSandra

A friend of mine is doing a Rocky preshow – Candy Store, from the Heathers musical. I liked the song, volunteered to do it, was asked to be H. McNamara. Then I wanted context, so I watched the movie. Then I listened to the musical’s soundtrack. Then I watched the musical. Now I’m in love and I connect so much to the character I was assigned and I want to make this beautiful and I could watch this movie again and again and again. It’s just so very.

J.D. seems to be every straight white man who’s designated as a loner in his terrorism of other people.

Yeah, I’ve chatted with my friend about the Heathers TV series. We’ve reached the conclusion they either didn’t see or didn’t understand either the movie (Which is relatively subtle) or the play (which is really direct in its message). That, or they’re bigots hijacking media popular with SJWs like me to support their values instead. So, I don’t intend to see it.

Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger
Axecalibur: Middle Name Danger

@Redsilkphoenix
TW: fatherly abuse
ETA: and fat shaming and alcoholism and… just, a lot

Well, Crosby was abusively paternalistic towards his family, so I’m not sure he woulda found no common ground among the rabble. Probably not the nazis, but the more traditional misogynists/MRAs? Likely wouldn’t have cared for their crassness at least…

Bobbie La Bomb
Bobbie La Bomb

Gab, eh? So they’ve created their own Hunger Games and locked themselves in the arena?

Someone mix me a smart cocktail. I’m wanna enjoy this.

Jojo Mojo
Jojo Mojo

@sinkable john
I don’t think that is supposed to be an ass (at least not that kind. Those two are definitely asses, though)

Dalillama: Irate Social Engineer

@Redsilkphoenix

I doubt it. It’s more likely a reference to the Fabian Society, whose goal is to achieve socialism via democratic reforms instead of revolution.

IgnoreSandra

Like, this song could be song by basically any misogynist. I’m mostly referring to the way he’s talking about how she’s “been controlled” and he can set her free as a way to try and ignore that she decided to not be with him after he murdered a bunch of people.

sastrugi
sastrugi

“Okay folks, we’re getting banned from freeze peaches on the internet, let’s form our own social media site and circle the wagons! Everybody grab a gun and shoot when you feel threatened!”

Except no one remembered the rule to make sure you’re all facing out before the triggers get pulled. And wouldn’t you know it, there isn’t a single one of ’em who isn’t happy if they’re not shooting at something, even if it’s their own feet.

bekabot
bekabot

Projection ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Nope; sometimes it turns vomitous.

galanx
galanx

Before reading thought the cartoon of “Chad Anglin” was supposed to be the one they were making fun of.

Space Oddity
Space Oddity

“Added: I like Anna-in-PDX’s LOTR comparison, except that I worry that it may be disrespectful to Orcs. Orcs really are big, tough and fearsome, whereas Vox is only pretending, as are most of his opponents. Orcs don’t burst out crying when non-Orcs are mean to them. There is no crying in Mordor. (Not much, anyway.) But Vox is nobody’s Fighting Uruk-Hai, and neither are any of the guys who are picking on him.”

Strangely enough, he and the “Dread Ilk”–yes, that is what they call themselves, I do not make this shit up–are really fond of comparing themselves to orcs, especially the Fighting Uruk-Hai, which is really kind of sad in all kinds of ways, and demonstrates the bizarre mess that is their entire worldview.

Nequam
Nequam

@Sinkable: That groin area suggests that someone is more of a Tom of Finland fan that he would ever dare admit. (He also can’t draw, but that’s unsurprising.)

Leo
Leo

*takes a piece of delicious schadenfreude-y popcorn*

The level of projection combined with lack of self-reflection Poxy Day is capable of never ceases to amaze.

While no less vilely racist scum, I’m kind of willing to consider if there might be some differences between the Alt-Right and the openly Nazi, since the Nazi ones never seem to consider them quite Nazi enough? Not that it makes much difference, though, and the important aspect is that they continue to prove they don’t like it up ’em, even when it’s ‘friendly’ fire. Who’d have guessed they were hateful scumbags who are incapable of working with other people without the very rules they so decry, eh?

Ohlmann
Ohlmann

Leo : that being said, the alt right don’t need to have significant ideological difference to be the target of purge.

The far right is similar to the fabled union of all misanthropes. Having a common goal don’t actually unite them.

Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile
Kat, ambassador of the feminist government in exile

Okay, I honestly thought that Anglin was drawn so that his ass was on backward.

But I guess that instead he’s supposed to have huge balls?

In addition, don’t Nazis hate Chads? Guess not, if Andrew Anglin is suddenly a Chad.

Interestingly enough, there’s nothing in this description of “Chad” Anglin about the women he’s attracted or captured or whatever. Isn’t the essence of Chad-ism the fact that he’s surrounded by women?

I’m confused.

But now I remember that I can’t look for logic or consistency or even common sense in the writing of Nazis.

So Andrew Anglin has his ass on backward — er, big balls — and he’s super-Chadly but no women are involved. Got it.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

That Vox vs. Anglin meme is hilarious. Apparently, these guy think being a misshapen blob is an improvement. They inadvertently insulted the guy they were complementing (and vice versa).

Anyhoo….
comment image

Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Scildfreja Unnyðnes

I haven’t got the sources with me, but I do seem to recall that the Nazis took Gamergate’s blind, categorical hate as a sign that they could infiltrate the movement and use 4chan and the like as a recruiting platform. Bannon specifically saw it as a tactic earlier on from his experiences in World of Warcraft, watching aggrieved computerbros hyperbolicaly rail against gold farmers.

At this point each of the groups within the big tent of the Alt-Right are high on victory and maybe feel like they no longer need each other? The Nazis don’t need weedy computerbros; they’re marching on the streets and any chanlord that shows up with a kekistan flag is gonna get harassed into oblivion for not conforming as a Nazi. The goose-stepping Nazis are getting mocked on chan boards for taking it too seriously.

They’ve gotten what they needed out of their exploitation of 4chan, and have seriously filled their ranks. Could that be happening right now? I dunno. Rather like the idea, though.

Bobbie La Bomb
Bobbie La Bomb

@Leo This shit again?

While there may be a sliver of difference between the ideologues of National Socialism, the KKK, and their ilk, functionally the guys who hang out and cheer ’em on and are down with the cause are the same. Especially in that their game at this point is intimidation, and anyone adding to that by showing up to their rallies are 100% equally culpable. While some of them might eventually step back from a lynching or a church burning or whatever and think “too far” they’ll have helped move the culture to that point, and are as guilty for that as the next person. Until the break with the machine, they’re a gear in it. They’ve not lied down with dogs and gotten fleas; they are a flea.

@Scildfreja Unnyðnes
Yeah, and while there’s some satisfaction in seeing those chickens come home to roost… well. The old space shuttles had booster rockets that they shed when they achieved escape velocity, because they weren’t needed anymore. This feels like that. They’ve gotten from these folk what they needed, and will continue on their way unless they are resisted.

Bobbie La Bomb
Bobbie La Bomb

To add to this; yes, some of the shills are falling by the wayside and the infighting is delicious, we can’t afford to let our collective guard down. This movement has legs, and things are gonna get far, far worse as the true leaders of the movement consolidate power. The useful idiots are fighting each other. The charismatic leaders and those who’ve held long term plans that are coming to fruit are pushing them forth.

Owen
Owen

Silly Vox. As an author [sic] he should know about the “show don’t tell” rule. You don’t tell people “I have an army of lawyers”, you show it by having them actually write letters. I bet he has exactly as many lawyers as he has Hugo awards.

Arctic Ape
Arctic Ape

Comparison: Random facts about Vox Day vs. Andrew Anglin

Vox Day has so much Native blood he could claim membership of almost any tribe if he wanted. Andrew Anglin has so much White blood he could claim ownership of almost any country if he wanted.

Vox Day has a vanity press technically located in Finland that only publishes original English drivel. Andrew Anglin has a vanity website technically banished to a gulag in Siberia that only publishes recycled German drivel.

Vox Day thinks he looks badass when posing with a flaming sword between his legs. Andrew Anglin thinks he is so badass you should be able to see it from his learner’s permit photo.

Leo
Leo

@Bobbie La Bomb
Oh, not intending to say Vox isn’t as culpable, hence my comment on him being ‘no less vilely racist scum’. It’s just funny to see the Nazis aren’t satisfied that he’s Nazi enough, and that now the channers are annoyed because he’s perceived as a spoilsport of their messed-up ‘fun’, though I do think Ohlmann is right, and put it very well, that they don’t need to have significant idealogical differences for there to be purges, and in-fighting.

Maybe what they do have is differences in attitude. I like the idea they could split, too, Scildfreja. I think some of the channers would just get bored if it was seen as too No ‘Fun’ Allowed for them, and some of them are as capable of deciding to go after Nazis/Alt-Right who annoy them as anything else. What the far right didn’t really get about them, was that despite their hyperbolic railing, some of them at least started out down this road as basically satisfied with status quo apart from some aspects, and were mad because anyone is trying to change it to make it better for other people, because they don’t see there as being a problem, since it’s not a problem for them. While status quo is very rightwing, it’s still not as extremely far right as the Nazis want to make it. Struggling with terms a bit here because the channers essentially are far right, some of them very, but hope the point is comprehensible.

I’d say the attitudes and any infiltration, by red piller types etc, was there before Gamergate, it was being recognised right as it started who were the ones making a thing of it, while to most it was at most just a piece of gossip, if they cared at all. It might well have drawn more in, and been intended to, though. They seemed moreso to start to get worse because they were mad about the Feminist Frequency videos, though, that was the point at which it really became hard to have a sensible conversation about feminist perspectives on games without them massively derailing it. I did notice how clueless a lot of those kicking off about ‘censorship’ seemed about games, too, anyone who knows anything about them knows how common localisation changes have always been, not that the facts ever matter to this lot anyway.

Bobbie La Bomb
Bobbie La Bomb

@Leo

Your point was:

…which is what you were doing in the other thread. Putting out there that “Maybe you should lower your guard”. Yeah, we KNOW you’re willing to consider it. Because that’s kinda your thing. Arguing that these sorts chanting “Blood and soil” with torches and Seig Heiling synagogues really aren’t worth worrying about. Just like you argued last time. And yer gonna continue to do this, in this thread and many others.

I see your game, and I suspect I’m not alone in this.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

Here’s a new piece of guerrilla art that’s gone up in Richmond.

It’s been suggested I don’t embed it, so add a ‘g’ to the end of the link if you want to see. Warning: shows possibly distressing images of Klansmen.

Alan Robertshaw
Alan Robertshaw

It’s perhaps worth remembering that in WW2 one of the biggest “anti-Nazi” hubs was the SS.

There was no difference in ideology and both organisations were equally vile; they just didn’t get on either.

Names and uniforms are just window dressing distractions. Underneath, it’s just fascists all the way down.

Ellesar
Ellesar

Orcs really are big, tough and fearsome…. Orcs don’t burst out crying when non-Orcs are mean to them. There is no crying in Mordor.

Tbh there are lots of different types of Orcs, and many are portrayed as treacherous and cowardly, and small as well. The Uruk Hai are Saruman’s slaves – they have no autonomy or society. The ‘natural’ Orcs do at least have an idea of leaving a boss and striking out on their own – though they will turn on each other in an instant.

So yes, plenty of comparisons with the various a holes in the manosphere and the alt-right!

Bobbie LobBomb
Bobbie LobBomb

@Alan Robertshaw

Yep. I’m not willing to assign bonus points for being savvy enough to say ‘racism is bad’. Or realizing one needs to take a stronger stance on neo-nazis after ‘we don’t need to be concerned’ didn’t fly last time.

Leo
Leo

Putting out there that “Maybe you should lower your guard”.

Against someone I explicitly called vilely racist scum on a level with open Neo-Nazis? Nowhere in my post is there that suggestion. Rather my hope is Scildfreja’s, of more in-fighting. Identifying different factions amongst your enemies doesn’t mean that one is less bad, the KKK don’t all seem exactly the same as Neo-Nazis even if any difference is mostly uniform, but are clearly as bad.

You can also strongly oppose different groups in cases where there is more of an idealogical difference between them – for instance I vehemently oppose both Republicans, and our British Conservatives. Even if Conservatives, unlike these groups, could legitimately be seen as less far right by comparison, they’re still absolutely rightwing enough to represent a serious problem.

Fingers crossed they keep themselves busy with this Gab thing for quite some time, not sure if Vox understood what he was in for and there’s almost bound to be more disagreement between them if they don’t ‘censor’ anything said. I think even the Neo-Nazi sites used to have moderation, didn’t they?