alt-right empathy deficit entitled babies false flag Islamophobia lying liars racism trump twitter

Trump has the best natural disasters: Today in Tweets

What a crowd!

By David Futrelle

The Trumps go to Texas. And other news.

Let’s go to the Tweets.

In other Hurricane Harvey news:

And now, terrible people being terrible, starting with the guy who said he got stabbed for having a “fashy” haircut. Well, guess what?

And the parade of terrible people continues:

But hey, that’s a pretty sweet deal on the Tasty Pantry Deluxe Bucket! (Jim Bakker sells food supplies for the apocalypse.)

And now, some cute animals, because seriously, we could use some.

Redsilkphoenix: Jetpack Vixen, Agent of the FemiNest Collective; Keeper of a Hell Toupee, and all-around Intergalactic Meanie

Did a bit of reading up on that Indian holy man to get the gist of what he did (ugh!) and am now wondering what the phrase ‘pitaji ki maafi’ means in relation to rapes. I gathered it’s one of some common phrases/euphemisms over there for that, and that ‘maafi’ means ‘pardon’, but beyond that I have no idea what the phrase means.

Anyone willing to explain? Please and thank you in advance.

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

Where I live, no one I know has had trouble getting an abortion, but I do someone who got told no when she wanted to get her tubes tied. People tend not to accept it when women say they want to remain child free. My dad had no trouble getting a vasectomy, but I don’t know if that’s because he’s a man or because he already had two kids.

Buttercup Q. Skullpants
Buttercup Q. Skullpants

“Donny Jabba” also have a fun “Mobster” thing to it.

I’ve taken to calling him “Donny Two Scoops”.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

@Spukikitty

GEEZ! Where does this woman live if EVERY doctor is an Anti-Choice idiot? I would’ve pressured the HELL out of them….

She lives in Tennessee. I think she could have probably pressured them into it, but being confrontational just really isn’t one of her strengths. But doctors should respect a patients wishes without them having to first (metaphorically) stomp their feet.

TENNESSEE! A Red State in the “Bible Belt”! That explains a lot!

I live there with my family but if I had the means, I’d move out, go back North and get a small apartment in Buffalo.

kupo
kupo

@Spukikitty

TENNESSEE! A Red State in the “Bible Belt”! That explains a lot!

Seriously, this would happen in the most blue state in the nation. Look, I have a lot of issues with Republicans and bible-thumpers myseld, but we need to avoid slapping a label on people to explain away behaviors that exist in abundance outside of that label. Feminist women tell me I’ll want kids one day and not to close any doors. This isn’t about politics or religion, it goes way, way deeper into how we, as a society, view women, their nature, and their desires.

Also, you’re probably seriously alienating any of our members from Tennessee and/or the bible belt with that kind of talk.

NicolaLuna
NicolaLuna

I have 2 kids and I still can’t get sterilised “in case [I] meet a man who wants children” – an actual quote from a doctor.

@ej
Thanks, it’s good to be back. Was really struggling this time last year and was a lot quieter online. I’m doing better now 🙂

kupo
kupo

@NicolaLuna
I’m sorry to hear that you were struggling, but glad you’re doing better now.

Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie
Weird (thumper of trumpanzees) Eddie

In off-topic news, MRAs cheer as dumpster-fire-in-chief dumps on anti-discrimination rule regarding wages… also cheer as Ivanka the Cyborg sides with discriminator-in-chief dad

… like any of THAT is new….

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I don’t live in the Bible Belt and neither does the woman I know who got turned down. I’ve never wanted to get an operation myself, but I’ve definitely gotten some side eye for saying I wanted to be child free.

Fishy Goat
Fishy Goat

@WWTH I live in Canada and I still got that song and dance. Finally was able to get my tubes tied when I was 31. Best thing that ever happened to me. 🙂

misophistry
misophistry

I don’t have any tubes. I cried about being sterile a bit, in my 20s, but looking at the world now it has been a blessing in disguise. One day I hope to have a cat.

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

Extremely glad I got a hysterectomy. I got it for other reasons (fibroids) but the sterility is a nice side benefit.

The whole ‘what if you meet a man who wants kids’ rationalization for not sterilizing grinds my gears. Has it ever occurred to people that if the man wants that, he might, oh, not be the right man for that particular woman? Then again, this is the same mindset that thinks women aren’t complete without a man, any man, even if he sucks, and that women are supposed to drop all personal identity and ambitions for said man. Feh.

Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer
Schnookums Von Ghostface Fancypants Killer

Yeah, I loathe the idea of “A future man that neither you nor the doctor has met yet needs to approve of this surgery.”

MrsObedMarsh
MrsObedMarsh

I got my IUD no problem about 5 years ago (FWIW, I lived in a big city in a blue state), but in the year or so I’ve been married I’ve had several people – mostly women – all but order me to have children.

Is there a throne to fill? If not, why does it matter to you? If so, why did nobody tell me I’m a princess?

Dormousing_it
Dormousing_it

@Kupo:

You’re right, it is an opinion, not a truth. I must’ve had a brain-fart there, for a moment.

JS
JS

Well, the internet is a series of tubes. *sorryitsbeenalongday*

Jarnsaxa
Jarnsaxa

Not a big fan of digs at Melania over her footwear. She’s not the president, and for the most part she doesn’t want to be involved in the presidency (unlike Ivanka).

It’s your blog, do as you will, David, but you did literally just start a post by slamming a woman who has little if anything to do with the actual horrible things Trump has done, and it was uncomfortable and a poor fit for a very feminist blog. More focus on cheeto demon in the future, less on impractical style choices.

(I know I’m an infrequent commenter, but I’m still a faithful reader. I just felt like I had to say something. You’re doing great work, carry on!)

Austin Loomis

TW: [surprise sex] mention

Thanks to Berke Breathed, I will never be able to see the name “Jim Bakker” without thinking of these words (sadly, I could not find the original Sunday strip online):

“Lying… stealing… rape… homosexuality… air-conditioned-doghouses…”

Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged
Banananana dakry: Fat, Short-Haired, and Deranged

@Austin Loomis

A very good reason to be forced to think of those words, IMO. 😀 Berke Breathed has been a godsend for our sanity these days.

kupo
kupo

@Jarnsaxa
I agree with you 100%. I didn’t bring it up this time because last time I called out policing of women’s bodies on one of his posts it got handwaved away. David, I hope you will consider the impact of this kind of female-targeted policing. Women are told they must wear heels, even if it causes them pain, even if they have balance issues, even if they just don’t like them, or else they’re not feminine enough. But then when women do wear heels it’s always comments about how the footwear is inappropriate because [insert any of the reasons women are told to ignore].

@Austin Loomis
Using “surprise sex” as a euphemism is more offensive than the word rape. If you’re worried about the word itself being a trigger, maybe use sexual assault or sexual violence?

Nina
Nina

I am a lesbian, so unlike my straight childless friends, no one pressures me to have kids. However, I do get offended when people act relieved that I don’t want to have children (which has happened to me several times).

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

kupo
August 30, 2017 at 2:57 pm

@Spukikitty

TENNESSEE! A Red State in the “Bible Belt”! That explains a lot!

You got a point there. Sorry about that. I got to quit assuming stuff based on stereotypes.

********

On darker news; I just read that news outlets got it wrong when they said that the trans-ban wasn’t going to be that bad or that Matthis was against it….
….I need to know. Why can’t these outlets get their facts straight? What is going on?

….However; On lighter news….

….There’s plenty of opposition, even a few from GOPers!!

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

The Russia Investigation against Trump is STILL in high gear and it may even put the kibosh on “Donny Jabba Two Scoop’s” little shindig with Arpaio….

In other Good News; A San Antonio, TX. School will no longer be named after a certain famous Confederate General….

Even “FAUX Noise” polls are saying “TRUMP = TURKEYHEAD”!….

A Judge is working to take the teeth out of Arpaio’s pardon….
….which should make it harder for Mr. Pinky Underpants to do stuff like run for any sort of office.

I always try my best to find the Good News and silver linings to counter the Bad News.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

Is there a throne to fill? If not, why does it matter to you?

Oh, this reminds me of when I gave birth to my youngest daughter (the only child I have by my husband) and my MIL came into my room immediately after and told me “I saw your baby girl. Now you have to try for a boy.”

Incredulous, (because sex was the last thing on my mind) I asked, “Why?!?”

“To carry on the ___________ name.”

I asked if there was a throne or an inheritance involved. “No….”

I then told her that I have no intention of being a brood mare, and she has two other sons, and she can give them the “WE NEED AN HEIR, STAT!” call of duty lecture. She tried to give me the “It’s your wifely duty” nonsense, but I nipped that shit right in the bud.

Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement
Troubelle: Moonbeam Malcontent + Bard of the New Movement

@PeeVee

JFC. That’s not a mother-in-law anyone should have to deal with. My condolences–and I hope your daughter is doing well.

PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic
PeeVee the (Perpetually Ignored, Invisible but Noice) Sarcastic

@Troubelle,

Thanks! My “baby” is 23 now, and she’s doing just fine!

weirwoodtreehugger: chief manatee

I suppose it never occurred to MIL that a girl might grow up to have children without being married or get married but keep her last name and pass that on to her kids. Or that a boy might grow up to not have kids at all.

Tov01
Tov01

@PeeVee
I hope your MIL has become less of an ass (or at least less vocal about it) in the last 23 years.

misophistry
misophistry

One of my co-workers said to me the other day that now I’m married I need to have babies before I get too old. I LOLed.

occasional reader
occasional reader

> Dormousing_it, Nina
Thank you for the informations !

I am sorry for all the bigotery you commenters and your friends have to face concerning having or not having children (and the various operations that are linked to that), and i hope you will be able to have your wills fullfilled ! I would like to imagine it is better here, in France, but alas i am not sure it is. Especially with the outburst of bigotery which become more and more visible due to the rise of internet and social medias.
I am sure you have already a lot of good arguments, but if you think you could have some more (and you do not already have it), you can always remind people who bother you with it that one of the prime reasons of child molestation is that the child is unwanted/unexpected. Well, one problem being the bigoted persons do not pretty care about your opinion or the reality of life, this argument will probably not strike anything in their mind, so…

Sheila Crosby

Up until I was about 22 I was quite, quite sure that I never wanted kids. Then at 24 I was desperate for a baby. Sorry, I know this is really annoying, but it does happen. No to everybody, obviously, but I think it is fairly common.

Nuts to the idea that I man you haven’t even met yet gets a veto on your health decisions.

The good news is that DR Jen Gunter says IUDs are fine for most people before kids, although you might have problems persuading a doctor to fit one. Or in the USA, paying for it up front even though it’s much cheaper in the long run.

Catalpa
Catalpa

^ Surely if women’s minds are so changeable in their twenties, there should be a mass effort to discourage women from having kids in their twenties, right? Because what if they change their minds, and decide they don’t want kids after all? This isn’t like being sterilized, where you can adopt or try IVF or reversal if you decide you want kids. Once you have a baby, you’re stuck as a parent. If women who are 22 can’t know what they really want, surely none of them should be having children, right? And doctors should refuse to assist any young woman who wants to have kids, and try to talk them out of it?

Sorry, the “but you might change your mind!” argument really grinds my gears.

SpukiKitty
SpukiKitty

About the article and Melania’s choice of footwear….
….Uh, Dave; I’m afraid you fell for….uh….”Fake News”.

On top of that; I could care less what Melania does or wears and as far as Trump family members go, Melania and Barron get a *meh* from me. If Trump and his clan got canned for Russia, Mel and the boy would likely be the innocent ones who get off-scot free. She’s a trophy and her son’s just a little kid.

Don Jabba Two-Scoops, Complicit-Babe, Beavis & Butthead and the Silent Jewish Flakjacket Boy….on the other hand….definitely striped-pajamas material.

Jury’s out on the other Jabba-Daughter nobody knows or cares about.

Considering Jabba’s ineptitude in merely existing, I’d love to know….WHAT WAS HIS DAD THINKING?! Out of all possible offspring or friends to be his successor, he picks DONALD! Was he too sexist to give it to his daughters? Why not pick his closest peers?

Dad was a bigoted jerk but at least he was a somewhat competent businessman and real-estate guy.

Then again; Donald was not as weird (or ugly) as he is now and I’d imagine his Father figured it would teach young Donald responsibility and stuff. Donald was just another snooty, cocky young rich boy with a drive to succeed….not a giant megalomaniacal orange blob who can barely function. Young Trump was a snake but he was a snake who could act like a human being in public….

….Here’s Young Trump actually acting like a human being!

I see Trump as a real-life example of a “One-Winged Angel”….
….This is when a villain shows off their “True” or “Super-Powered” form. Like Sardo Numspa or The Golden Child transforming from a snooty Charles Dance to a scary flying devil-monster….or Ghostbuster‘s (1984) Gozer going from “Sexy Badass Punk Devil Vampire Chick” to “Goofy Giant Marshmallow Man”.

DONALD TRUMP….comment image
….Handsome snotty Manhattan Real Estate tycoon with mildly-questionable hair….comment image
….NO! HIS TRUE FORM: Giant repulsive orange Hutt-Slug-Pumpkin manchild monster with STUPID hair! WE NEED A DUMP TRUCK FULL OF SALT! STAT!

….Well; You know what happens….however….when bad guys go “One-Winged Angel”….comment imagecomment image
….THIS SLUG IS TOAST!